[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/prod/uction general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 20

File: prod 3.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
prod 3.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
Get in here and talk about producing!

>There isn't a best DAW for beginners.
>Look on Youtube for 'how to produce X music', the question is too broad and tedious to answer 3 times every thread.
>This is not a Souncdloud thread, if you're going to post a Soundcloud link make sure it's relevant in some way to production.

If the Moog Sub 37 costs £1,187.06 and the DSI Pro 2 costs £1,381.87, what chance does the MFB Dominion 1 have when it costs £1,076.19?
>>
bump ;_;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icm4ioXlybQ
>>
File: 1389632373527.gif (968KB, 241x257px) Image search: [Google]
1389632373527.gif
968KB, 241x257px
>>52215411

>dub techno machine
>>
>>52215430
it's like it's what they had in mind when they made it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGnhUP2tRcI
>>
>>52215498

well that's nice and all but I find the idea of a "dub techno" machine utterly retarded. It's like downloading "Experimental Music Vengeance Sample Packs"
>>
anybody here play an alesis andromeda before? I played one yesterday and it was a magical experience
>>
File: 1397478095739.png (119KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1397478095739.png
119KB, 500x500px
https://clyp.it/3hdj3y54

a house/techno work in progress. what do you guys think? any advice
>>
>>52215538
it's only the title of the video :^)

but also the thing is dub as fuck, you should try one, you'd love it. it influences you in different ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRj9miiw_PY

I don't see why you can't name it that, a lot of dub techno is made on them. in a way it's kind of like what the 303 was in acid
>>
>>52215602

>I don't see why you can't name it that, a lot of dub techno is made on them. in a way it's kind of like what the 303 was in acid

No, my qualm is with the fact that machines like these is why dub techno is so utterly boring these days. It is a nice piece of equipment but for a genre that isn't suited well for dancefloors, it makes no sense. Dub techno is supposed to be one of the experimental faces of techno music. Ditching the experimental side of it in favour of the same machine every rich white kid producing techno these days is whats so boring about it. it all sounds the same
>>
>>52215586
yes

yes

too damn expensive though. and also the way they marketed it was wrong, the only analogue thing about it was the filters, and maybe kind of the oscillators

would still love one though
>>
>>52215674
heh
>>
>>52215675
the oscillators are DCOs, I think Curtis, because there's only switches for saw tri and square, and they have the Curtis sound.

I agree that it was too expensive though, the people who buy a $4000 synth aren't the same people who are gigging and would make that synth famous
>>
>>52215801
Theres 5 different waveforms for each oscillator

sine, triangle, square, up saw, down saw
>>
>emailed renoise inquiring about a christmas sale
>tfw no sale

sucks being poor and a third world nigger
>>
>>52215970
you can't afford renoise?
>>
>>52215962
Oh you must mean the LFOs, yes, those are digital.

The audio oscillators do have a sine output, but that's only after the filters to beef things up GX-1 style.
>>
>>52216010
there's no point sending a sine through a filter tho tbh
>>
>>52216044
Of course. It really is useful they added that though.
>>
>>52216010
Well the LFOs actually have six waveforms available but they are not even for sound really so it does not matter if they are digital or not.

Also the Andromeda is completely analog.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/andromeda.php
>>
>>52216044
what if you want to get rid of the sine.
>>
>>52216071
Except for the built in reverb, forgot to mention that.
>>
>>52216071
Yes, that's what I just said.

What is your point? Do you think you're informing me something?

LookicanpostalinktoVSEaswellbutimnotgoingtobecauseimnottryingtolooksmart.com
>>
>>52216123
I might have misread what you meant. I thought I was replying to the guy that was unsure about whether it was analog or not.

I'm not trying to be smart I'm just trying to provide correct information.
>>
>>52216169
It's a common theme in these threads for somebody to act like the source of all knowledge and that their opinions are fact. Sorry for the outburst of autism
>>
How do I make trap and dubstep sounds?
>>
File: still messy.jpg (349KB, 1306x736px) Image search: [Google]
still messy.jpg
349KB, 1306x736px
Just ordered a presonus audiobox because not being able to record anything is really pissing me off.

How do you guys get good shakers? I've been contemplating making and recording my own shakers and small percussion hits because I'm sick of sucking at making cohesive percussion. Here's an example, starts at like 50 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwfguYiQb8M
>>
>>52216238
low pass filters?
>>
File: 1414740419231.png (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1414740419231.png
14KB, 400x400px
>>52216199
its cool bro. I should probably pay attention to who I'm actually responding to as well.
>>
>>52216258
>git gud shakers
I use a large diaphragm condenser to roll of the highs a bit. I might use a contact mic if I'm feeling lazy, they just sit in the back of the mix anyways.
>>
>>52216310
>large diaphragm condenser

Sheeeit all I have currently is an sm57. Well that'll have to do for now.
>>
>>52216367
Mine wasn't too expensive. Using a 57, won't be bad though, I just prefer using a condenser for most things. Make sure you use the shakers in a really dead room/closet, those fuckers have a nasty habit of making room noise.
>>
>>52216259
like what VSTs and where can I find presets for these specific genres
>>
>>52216238
If you don't have 808 samples already, I'd just consider quitting now. No point in trying if youre not actually going to try.
>>
>>52216432
I have a lot of drum sample but i want to know how to make synth sounds and whatnot like NOISIA and stuff
>>
>>52216405

a low pass filter comes standard with just about any DAW out there.
>>
>>52216405
massive and loopmasters.
>>
>>52216583

>Look on Youtube for 'how to produce X music', the question is too broad and tedious to answer 3 times every thread.

cmon people, are you even reading the fucking OP
>>
>>52215983
Not If I don't wanna get fucked in the butt with taxes. Anything priced in foreign money is considered a luxury.

>>52216002
tfw deleted post
>>
Any thoughts on the Waldorf streichfett? My band mate is fetishizing some korg polyphonic ensemble, but I don't really feel like hunting down some pos korg knockoff of an already phony type of instrument.
>>
Looking to get into hardware, firstly a synth and sampler. Should I dive straight in and get one of those? I was looking at the MC-303 because they're dirt cheap used and look like agood way to get accustomed to hardware workflow. Also gear preferences.
>Micron, MicroKorg, or MiniAK?
>SP303 or SP404?
>SP series or MPX16, budget considered?
>Mixer: necessity or convenience?
>>
>>52217073
Not the microkorg. The other two are the same synth, so get whichever one you like more.

Don't get an SPX, they're flimsy and aren't programmed well.

Mixer is a necessity if you have a use for it. Its not a necessity if you do everything in a DAW.
>>
>>52217178
MPX*
>>
File: PIRATES.jpg (76KB, 470x313px) Image search: [Google]
PIRATES.jpg
76KB, 470x313px
>>52217039

mmm....
>>
>>52217045
I have one, I love it, but it needs help from outside effects. I run it through the Moog chorus to get the sounds I want. It doesn't have a wide set of sounds, but if you want those 70s string synth sounds this is as good as you're going get without having to chase after the originals.
>>
>>52217247
but 3.0 isn't anywhere where pirates roam.
plus the newest piratable version is lost forever with tpb gone.
>>
>>52217463
Shit, you have a cluster flux? It looks spiffy, but I'm not touching that price tag on one pedal. I got a Hammond and a Leslie for that much.

Speaking of which, does it have an organ-like envelope when you turn the attack and release all the way down?
>>
>>52215594
There are so many things wrong here it's hard to say where to even start, no offense.
>>
They had the aria lineup minus sync box at the Banjo Target.

The TR-8 nails the 808
The TB-3 didn't get much love, but it's still acid
The VT-3 didn't have a mic, boohoo
The system 1 sucked

They didn't have DSI, which surprised me, I wanted to try the mopho x4 and pro 2
>>
>>52217671
If you're looking for B3 sounds from the Waldorf you'll be very disappointed. It can do transistor organ sounds, if you want that. The envelopes can be very fast and "clicky", but they don't do the key click sound from a B3. Also, the envelopes can be very slow too.

While a much more expensive option, I recommend getting a used Nord Electro 3. You'll get the organ sounds and the string machine sounds through the sample banks. Leslie sim is good as well.

As for the Cluster Flux, I definitely took a risk buying it, there aren't many demos out there running keyboards/synths through it. But it exceeded my expectations, worth every cent once I started running keyboard sounds through it.
>>
>>52218164
>B3
Lolno, I have a gigging size keyboard for that. I was actually wondering because the same bandmate mentioned earlier likes combo organ sounds, so if it can get that cheesy reedy sound, I'm golden.

>cluster flux
I bed it's worth it, all the foogers are. Do you have a modular system, or just other foogers?
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 1000x972px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1000x972px
>>52218339
Bet*
>>
>>52218339
Both. Started putting a modular together 4 years. The Moogerfoogers are the only EFX pedals (I've used) that can handle the hot signal levels from the modular without ugly distortion.
>>
>>52218563
Nice, what format and size?
>>
y/n

https://clyp.it/3j3i1534
>>
>>52218590
Eurorack, two 6U cases (both 104 hp) and one 9U case (90 hp), all the cases are full. I wanted to have an instrument that can do those endless Berlin school sequences and that's exactly what it gives me (and plenty of other things as I get better at playing it).
>>
>>52218667
needs a kick drum lol

but very nice sound
>>
is it possible to make an organic record on entirely digital gear and make it sound warm and personal?

i'm talking strings and percussive instruments played by humans and mic'd, not programmed samples. all though im not against that stuff. I just am trying to do something different.
>>
>>52218862
1.) are the arrangements good?
2.) did the player play the track well, with emotion?
usually all you need dude, the rest is all part of the moment. so if you're track sounds a little noisy but its played honest and well, it'll be good.

but if you're interested in warm sounding, good preamps will do the trick. the tape thing, if you can't afford it, make the record with what you've got. if #1 and #2 are good, someone will offer you their tape machine for use.
>>
>>52218862
Since you're talking about using acoustic instruments, then I'd say yes. If you've got good mics, good mic pres and a good sounding room you'll get the sounds you want. Not sure why digital gear is part of the equation if you're talking about recording acoustic instruments.
>>
>>52218813
Holy shit that's huge. I think I've seen your system around here before. Do you have any or stg stuff?
>>
>>52218862
Would you have an example of digital vs analog gear, or cold vs warm?
don't think i can help but i don't quite understand that
>>
>>52218928
Any motm*
>>
>>52218944
well my friend said that I should think of everything I make as a "demo" or as a "scratch recording" until i get a tape machine or am able to go to a real studio.

i have a tascam us 1800, and have made demos for 4 years. i have good microphones and am ready to think of my projects as "the real thing", even if perceived as lofi.

im just asking your opinion, does "rock" music NEED to be on TAPE?
>>
>>52218928
"Stg"? Not sure what that means.

Must be someone else on here with a modular system, I haven't posted any pictures of my setup.
>>
Hey guys. I don't know anything about music production, but I want to get into it. LAst week I bought a Casio keyboard that works as a MIDI controller and yesterday I got an Akai MPD18. I figured these would be good for starters, what do you think?

Also, why is it that so many pictures of home studios I see contain multiple keyboards. For example: >>52216258
Does each one serve a different purpose or what?
>>
>>52219006
those aren't just keyboards, they're synths
>>
>>52218946
No, I don't have any 5U stuff. I'd love to get some, but my Eurorack system gets me everything I need.
>>
>>52218988
Stg soundlabs, they have a mixer in eurorack that asymmetrically distorts like the moog modular mixers.

Motm has a really good moog filter clone that pairs nicely with it.

>someone else on here
Euro is pretty damn popular. Are you on muffs?
>>
>>52219027

What's the difference? And why do producers need multiple?
>>
>>52219094
VSTs usually lack the feel of some of the Analog Synthesizers.
A good analog synthesizer is just as important as using a Fender Deluxe Reverb vs a Fender Rumble. It's an instrument of it's own, you know?
>>
>>52219094
same reasons a guitarist has multiple guitars
>>
>>52219006
There's a number of different types of keyboards. There's workstations that try to do everything from synthesis, sampling, and sequencing. There are stage pianos with hammer action keys to stage organs with waterfall shaped keys. There are synths that are monophonic, analog synths with few voices, digital synths with many voices. There are many different ways to go about generating a sound, and it's not likely that any two keyboards in somebody's setup are meant to have the same role.
>>
>>52219053
Oh ok, Suit and Tie Guy. Yeah, I have the .MIX module, one of the first modules I bought, absolutely love what it does to sine waves.

For Moog filter sounds I use a Boogie Filter from Malekko/Wiard, but I almost always use the 18 dB output (gives me a blend of EMS and Moog, but with the response of a Buchla LPG).

Yeah, I'm on Muffs, lurked there for months before buying my first batch of modules. I don't post that much.
>>
>>52219036
Motm only makes euro stuff these days
>>
>>52219188
>boogie filter
Does it do the buchla bongos? I'm thinking of going euro, and it seems like a solid filter.

I'm on muffs too, but I hardly post as well. Great resource of information though
>>
>>52219198
Really? It's been a long time since I looked at 5U stuff. But yeah, his Euro stuff is pretty amazing, I love my E350.
>>
>>52219258
That's the main reason I need to go euro. The other is joysticks and other controllers. But mostly joysticks.
>>
someone

what is the mixer in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36JfziWFE_Y

it looks so straightforward and capable

and potentially cheap
>>
>>52219166
>>52219132
>>52219146

So different "synths" produce a different sound? Well, with the keyboard I have right now I can just enter a code for about 400 different tones like guitars, organs, brass, etc.
Why have a synth for each different type of sound if you can just use one piece of equipment that can produce a huge variety of sounds?

I'm probably completely missing the point lol but I'm just trying to understand
>>
>>52219340
companies put a PATENT or a TRADEMARK on their samples so that other companies cannot STEAL THEM. That's why certain synths, drum machines and stuff are popular. Their sound is unique.
>>
>>52219251
Yeah, you can get some bongo sounds out of it, but you're going to need some help from other modules. Not surprisingly you're going to need a MATHS for the envelope and the offset channel. Use the 6 dB output of the Boogie, patch the output of channel 2 or 3 of MATHS into the Key In input of the Boogie (start fully negative, counter clockwise). Channel 1 or 4 envelope form the MATHS to the CV in of the Boogie, play around with the Frequency and CV attenuator as well as the MATHS offset to get the ring just right.

Did any of that make sense? Hard to explain this stuff in text.

Or, just get the Optomix, it does the bongo sound better than anything I've heard (missed a chance to buy a QMMG years ago, the MMG is good, but has a completely different flavor compared to the Optomix).
>>
>>52219340
your keyboard sounds like a rompler, not a synth. a synth generates sound and can in theory make any sound you want, but you have to make it sound that way. however, some synths have different characteristics than others, some are completely different in practise like monophonics and polyphonic synths, some have features others don't and they all have unique interfaces, pretty much.
>>
>>52219320
It's really, really not cheap.
do you still want to know?
>>
>>52219340
Okay, those keyboards are made for education. They're cheap, and the tones they make are just sampled sounds. Imitation on the most basic level.

There's all sorts of ways to program an actual synthesizer. You can change the type of waveform, you can mix waveforms of different octaves or intervals. You can add vibrato. You can apply a filter that is articulated by the keyboard.

They have controls that give them the means to create their own sounds and ways to play the instrument, instead of choosing from a large amount of crappy, unedited-able sounds,
>>
Hi guys, I never stick my head in these threads but have a question. Have any of you used the Analog 4? If so do you rate it? I have just bagged an octatrack cheap and now I've spent a few days getting around the fucking interface I'm a big fan although I have doubts about the idiosyncrasies transferring well.
>>
>>52219314
Yeah, the variety of modules in Euro is overwhelming, so many amazing modules.

The Intellijel joystick is the one to get.
>>
>>52219404
I'm curious too, what mixer is that?
>>
>>52219378
>>52219455
I follow, thanks for the info.

What kind of keyboards do you have?
>>
>>52219404
is it gonna turn out to be some SSL or something? It looks like an obscure thing that you see on ebay.

pls tell i wanna know
>>
>>52215411
>>52215498
>>52215602

Dub techno machine. I had no idea what these machines do or are, isn't the Electribe a sampler?
Why are these things so good for dub techno do they just have good delay and dub effects built in or something?
>>
>>52219376
>>52219381
>>52219431

Ohhh okay. So the sounds that came installed in the Casio keyboard I got are samples owned by Casio, which can't be manipulated. A synth is used to program these sounds from scratch, right?
>>
>>52219533
>>52219467
Nah just kidding I don't know
>>
>>52219505
Nord Electro 3, Yamaha DX7mkII, Korg MS-20 Mini, Waldorf Streichfett and MIDIBox SammichSID.
>>
>>52219553
there are a lot of Electribes, some are samplers and others are synths/romplers

I think they're great for dub techno because they have a lot of cool built in effects that you can chain together, great delays and making a loop is easy and takes no time. it does not restrict you at all when you know how to use it. everything is right there in front of you and you can modulate anything you want to as soon as the idea comes to you.

and they're cheap so any dub poorfag can get one on ebay
>>
>>52219559
Yes and no. Synth brass doesn't sound the same as real brass, but it's still a desirable sound that can vary from synth to synth. Attempts to create clav and electric piano sounds on a synth have resulted in novel sounds on their own.

Acoustic piano emulation is tough, and high quality emulation is expensive compared to a real piano.
>>
>>52219594
I'm jelly of the electro 3. How useful are the mellotron samples?
>>
>>52219689
>electronic instruments emulating physical instruments
In reality it's the physical instruments that were always trying to emulate the electronic ones
>>
anyone know of any good sample editors for the iPad or iPhone I need something just to cut samples out of mp3s mainly, but would prefer to not do it on my computer as I'd like to do it while I'm in bed listening to music...if I hear something good I cun just chop it right there and then.
>>
>>52219777
The Mellotron samples are the main reason I got the keyboard. Simply put, the Nord's Mellotron samples sound great, better than any of the sample based VSTs I've used in the past (the GForce one being the best). The Chamberlin samples are amazing as well.
>>
>>52220002
Maybe Hokusai, which is free. Pretty sure you can import from your music.
>>
>>52219660
So do they all have amazing delays then?
>>
what would be a good microphone for sampling sounds and turning them into drum hits or synth type sounds?
i've been using a zoom h1 but the output makes a high pitched noise if you turn it up loud enough to get a good detailed recording.
i have a cheap shitty dynamic also, but it's kind of noisy too
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 720x720px
>>52219898
Put down the marijuana pipe mr space head man
>>
>>52220022
Nice trips, dub, dubs.

I did try that one along time ago and didn't get on with it for some reason, will give it another go as I've been using cubasis and to be honest it's a bit of a ball bag trying to edit samples in that!
>>
>>52220077
>instruments with unlimited capability in creating sound
>built for the express purpose of imitating instruments capable of making 1 sound
damn pcp has rotted your brain, didnit
>>
Thanks to everyone who pirated *popular audio workstation* for mining bitcoins for me

love, /g/
>>
>>52220155
What the fuck are you even saying? What magical synthesis algorithm are you even talking about?
>>
>>52220022
I remember why I hated this editor now. If you drag the marker points to the left or right while zoomed in on the audio a big bubble icon appears and for some reason it's right in the centre of the waveform? Why would anyone think that's a good idea?
>>
>>52220306
Dunno, there's Presonus' audio editor too but that only exported as something stupid. Hokusai I only use for recording really and any editing is done on my computer
>>
>>52220265
>putting any collection of waves together to make new sounds
it's only magical if you're all about
>muh mystical wooden twang boxes!
>>
>>52220405
But you're the one attaching mysticism to "infinite possibilities" of muh computers.

If you think an acoustic piano is an attempt at an electronic instrument, there's no point in talking to you. If you think that even an expensive stage piano is a solid 1:1 replication of a physical piano, you're deliberately being obtuse.
>>
>>52220347
Did you buy hakusai? Maybe it's a bit easier to use with the features unlocked?
Coming from a Wavelab background as my Goto sample editor I was truly fucked when I swapped over from pc to Mac, I've bought Quattro dsp but I can never get into any kind of work flow on it and it always feels the same.
I'm surprised at the lack of audio editors for the IPad considering all the other music software available
>>
>>52220027
not 'amazing' delays, but they're very cool and gritty. The EMX-1 has 3 different delays, not sure about the rest
>>
>>52220454
>But you're the one attaching mysticism to "infinite possibilities" of muh computers.
no, pretty sure that was >>52220265 you right there
>If you think an acoustic piano is an attempt at an electronic instrument
>If you think that even an expensive stage piano is a solid 1:1 replication of a physical piano
nope, dont think any of those things. i know that piano was just the best they could do while waiting on technology to unlock the final frontier for the way music was meant to be made and heard, and while that perhaps electronic instruments cannot yet faithfully reproduce the sound of any piano, it is simply a matter that the piano is too imprecise of an instrument and prone to so many sonic faults that it is sort of backwards in trying to emulate a piano via sound synthesis when it could be better spent exploring better and more pristine sounds.
>>
>>52220541
Nope I just have the free version
>>
>>52220577
I could not tip my fedora any harder at this post, well done my good sir.
>>
>>52220577
I was explaining to a beginner that not all of the tones were made by a synthesizer, calm your shit. I doubt a beginner needs or cares about every nook and cranny of left-field music.
>>
>>52220659
>owning a fedora
hats off to you, milady
>>52220672
i see- you are a beginner, yes?
>>
>>52220613
Am I being a dick or does it not vertical zoom either?
>>
>>52220707
Like I said.
>Deliberately being obtuse.
>>
File: 1417097536222.jpg (196KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
1417097536222.jpg
196KB, 640x853px
>>52220577
Oh shit it's this nigger again
>>
>>52220707
Shall we proceed to laugh at these cretin and their twelve tone music on r/synthesizers? Epic discussion is to be had.
>>
>>52220721
I don't know, like I said all I use it for is recording.
>>
>>52220752
Yep. Same shithead who used to ruin these threads before. I think it might be jbenitex, considering how much he hates tonal music.
>>
File: ray-romano-1564612360.jpg (122KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ray-romano-1564612360.jpg
122KB, 819x1024px
>>52220752
racist scumbag
>>52220803
who wouldn't hate tonal music tho
oh yeah, radio plens
>>
>>52220944
So how's life Jorman? Did you go to producer school finally?
>>
File: 1399565956373.png (156KB, 289x324px) Image search: [Google]
1399565956373.png
156KB, 289x324px
>>52220995
what are you talking about fam
>>
>>52221019
Well you didn't say you weren't JBenitex, so I continued to assume that you were him. Can you start using fam in all of your posts itt?
>>
>>52220944
microtonality a shit
>>
>>52221074
Don't bother, he's only here to shirts and you're enabling him. Nobody actually likes microtonal music anyways.
>>
>>52221096
Lmao, autocorrect
Shitpost* :)
>>
File: 1403635305089.jpg (3KB, 120x117px) Image search: [Google]
1403635305089.jpg
3KB, 120x117px
>>52221051
nah fam :-> that assumption does most def speak to the quality of ur argumentation thus far tho
>>52221074
>>52221096
>tonality of any sort
lol no kidding
>>
Grooveboxes. Yea or nay? I'm considering grabbing an MC-303 for about $150 and as much as I like the synth (even though it's sample-based) and drums all in one. For something that has limited tweakability and no sampling (which I do somewhat frequently), is it ok for babby's first hardware?
>>
>>52221115
I was challenging him to a shitposting fight.
>>
>>52221124
yes
>>52215411

I only use it for things like in that video, I never do entire things on it but even for what I use it for it's irreplaceable
>>
>>52221119
>quality of ur arguments
Lmao, what arguments? You're the one taking issue with everything, I'm just poking fun at you. Cute that you think you're proving any point though, it's like you think you're a good troll.
>>
>>52221137
I figured, but I feel it's best to let everyone be aware of his intentions.
>>
>>52221207
>tonality is shit
>everyone watch out he's got some hidden agendas!
lmao pls
>>52221137
bring it
>>52221167
exactly, i wouldn't call em posts of yours arguments either- more like 'assumptions'
>>
>>52221207
or we could ignore him until he starts making quality posts
>>
>>52221250
I find it funny that you get defensive about somebody saying you shitpost and say "bring it" to a shitposting fight. The irony is palpable.
>>
>>52221328
Ignore him
>>
File: WIP almost there.png (570KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
WIP almost there.png
570KB, 1920x1036px
Getting close to finishing this track... 9 days in the making so far (only 7hr 40min spent on project in total)

All I need to do now is add in real electric organ parts to the last 30 sec, and do some smoothing transitions and cleaning up... and I'm done!

will post audio once I'm done, probably tomorrow.
>>
>>52221328
i'm here to bring radical musical philosophies and paradigm shifts to the every-people, if yall want to call it as shitposting go ahead and disguise it as what you will.

the truth of my principles will ring out to anyone actually reading anyway

>>52221291
>>52221343
ultimate concessionposts, nice!
>>
>>52221396
If you actually believe this stuff you're telling yourself, then I'm pretty sorry for you. I thought we were both just taking the piss, but now I realize I've just been having fun at your expense.
>>
>>52221447
which stuff that be?
>>
This is like a fucking youtube comment section.
>>
>>52221480
That your intention here isn't to shitpost.
>>
>>52221493
Well it's still above porn site comments
>>
>>52221518
Give her the dick
>>52221493
Ignore them
>>
>>52221518

At least those are funny.
>>
>>52221496
>implying i dont get twice as much joy out of people militantly sticking to tired musical practices that have been around since the dinosaurs
lol!
>>
File: 715ASejtpSL._SL1500_[1].jpg (241KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
715ASejtpSL._SL1500_[1].jpg
241KB, 1500x1500px
Nylon or metal?
>>
>>52221592
either will work.
pop filter is something I need to invest in.
I've learned to keep my 'p's quiet while recording vocals...
>>
>>52221592
>not fabricating your own polymer mesh pop screen
I bet you like pop music on the radio
>>
>>52221635
I love pop music on the radio
>>
>>52221736
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEfFOd8TDZA
>>
>>52221765
why is the uk/europe so embarrassing?
>>
>>52221765
thats a tune tbh
>>
>tfw no sherman filterbank
>tfw no money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAPr4OKhbd0
>>
>>52222396
so one lfo is inverted?
>>
>>52222396
>>tfw no money
I bet my nomony is nomonier than yours
>>
>>52222396
hot damn does that sound good
>>
what do you guys think of hollywood brass?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/3222525
>>
>>52223041
neat its like we in middle school all over again
>>
>tfw i sent some beats to a really big rapper

w-w-wish me luck bros ;_;
>>
>>52223187
*wishes luck
>>
>>52223041
>no longer winning unanimously
sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit
>>
>>52223187

>sending beats to rapper

you know you ain't going to get squat right? like if they like the sample 99% chance they'll just outright steal it.

I hope you somehow copyrighted it as song or something
>>
>>52223310
dont giva shit. im literally a nobody starting from the bottom in his moms basement. if he uses my beat thats reward enough for me. the fact that he's even giving my stuff a listen and opportunity is cool to me, he could just stick with his usual producers or some other big name.
>>
>>52223187
>>52223310

on second thought, sorry for being harsh. But don't send any beats to any rappers unless you are willing to see the beat go and you ain't getting shit (money or credit wise). Maybe it was an honest rapper (kek) but I personally know a few semi obscure producers who have gotten shit stolen. It happens all the fucking time. A lot of rappers don't want to pay up because they think putting your name as a co-co-co producer is enough payment.

But you already knew that
>>
>>52223421
yup, no fucks given. thats how the game is now. so many people can make top quality beats in their moms basement. why would he want to even work with me, when he can work with his friends or other established big name pros. the opportunity alone is cool enough to me.
>>
>>52223421
>>52223379
or post your beat here, so if a rapper does try to pass it off as another producers beat, you got an army of /mu/tants to dispute that claim
>>
>>52223508
hes used no name beats before, and gave them credit, so im not too worried
>>
>>52223572

whos the rapper? OT Genasis?
>>
post productions that we should all aspire to emulate. quality wise I mean
>>
>>52224399

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZewTn6XLsU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRuhWYLfG5A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b40buEbE82s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIKktsl0deY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aix_NOp2DNk
>>
>>52224399
https://youtube.com/watch?v=shTsowWcbVY
>>
>>52224517
thanks for the laugh
>>
File: DQl3APp.jpg (73KB, 601x470px) Image search: [Google]
DQl3APp.jpg
73KB, 601x470px
>>52224604
>>
>>52224604
post productions we should aspire to emulate. quality wise I mean
>>
do most of you find your kick samples, or do you kind of build your own?
>>
i kinda do, if your on fl you can use maximus to compress and totally change a kick
>>
>>52224851
both. find the kicks, but also layer and alter them how i want.
>>
>>52215962
what about modern taking
>>
>>52217964
>>52215594

I think the arrengement is good. To my ears it just needs better versions of the sounds, especially the drums
>>
>>52215594
hey this is fuckin tight
>>
>>52220002

Twistedwave
>>
>>52220172

If you download a program with that name then you deserve it
>>
>>52217964
what is wrong with it? the drums? the sample? the bass?
>>
File: 1402441708792.gif (746KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1402441708792.gif
746KB, 480x270px
>wake up
>listen to Nosaj Thing
>open up FL
>you aren't Nosaj Thing

>wake up
>listen to Jon Hopkins
>open up FL
>you aren't Jon Hopkins

>wake up
>listen to Pantha du Prince
>open up FL
>you aren't Pantha du Prince

How do you cope with this feel, /prod/?
>>
Any recommended monitor speakers for just putting in a desktop computer?
>>
>>52226890

Accept the fact you're not them and make something that's up to your skills and actually finish it. And consider that the first of many mediocre tracks to come until the hours of practice start becoming evident on your finished works
>>
>>52227229
>many mediocre tracks
how do i avoid this?
>>
>>52227250
git gud
>>
File: 1407978191485.jpg (122KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1407978191485.jpg
122KB, 816x816px
>>52218862
>i'm talking strings and percussive instruments played by humans and mic'd, not programmed samples

Get Native Instruments Komplete then.

It's all studio recorded orchestrations of violins, pianos, drums and shit.

It's pricey but it's the best shit out there for realism and a lot of tv/movie soundtrack guys use it.

Han Zimmer has a new pack out too but it'll be damn expensive i'd say.
>>
File: NI_Action_Strings.jpg (185KB, 1024x1019px) Image search: [Google]
NI_Action_Strings.jpg
185KB, 1024x1019px
>>52218862
<< see
otherwise, physical modeling on a kray supercomputer
>>52227324
how do?
>>
How do you usually stereo pan instruments and sounds in Ableton? Utility and then shift it around? A simple delay with a slight time difference?
>>
>>52227450

>how do you

are you stupid?
>>
>>52227472
two steps:
1. put everything to middle
2. export in mono
>>52227512
are you?
>>
>>52227560

>1. put everything to middle
>2. export in mono

thanks for telling me the exact opposite of what I asked
>>
>>52227583
i told you how to do it even better
you're welcome
>>
File: 1358103079918.png (34KB, 300x309px) Image search: [Google]
1358103079918.png
34KB, 300x309px
>install Komplete 9
>shit is way too big so I decide to install it on an external since my hard drive's running low
>it attempts to install shit on my internal but fails and installs everything else on the external
>managed to fill up my internal drive entirely and I can't find what the fuck it partially installed so I can get rid of it
>>
>>52227250

No, you dont avoid it, you qo through it. That's how it is with everything you suck for a while and then you get good by means of repetition. You just have to accept that your tracks will suck and still be able to finish them if only for the experience you gain from it.

Put it like this: instead of comparing every track you make with the track you wish you had made, compare them with the track you finished before that one. As long as you are making a 1% progress over the last thing you made, you know you are in the right path
>>
>>52228298
This guy knows what's up.
>>
>>52227560

you're literally asking how to "get good"

if you don't know how people get good at something, you are literally retarded
>>
Hey /prod/ I'm working a noise/ambient track and wanted some feedback. Any sounds you like, dislike, etc. It's a bit rough, so be warned.

https://clyp.it/pmvdqr5c
>>
>>52228298
no i'm pretty sure if you're smart about it you can be good right away
>>52228476
learn to be efficient
>>
>>52228578

You have it figured out then
>>
so i don't want to make a new thread for this, and this seems like it might be somewhat relevant to this thread

i recently was given 2 Shure SM57 mics. However, I have no interface

I've been researching interfaces, and I'm at a loss for which to buy. I have been recommended the Focusrite Scarlet 2i2, but I have my doubts. I heard that it has a significant amount of white noise when the gain is turned up. Because I plan to use this with low volume acoustic instruments, this might be an issue.

Is there a better interface (in terms of lower noise at close to max gain) at under 300 dollars? Or do I instead consider a pre amp or DI box or something? If you can't tell, I'm pretty unknowledgeable at this stuff.

Another option I was considering was getting Tascam DP008, but I honestly don't know if that'd be better. I have no experience mixing or mastering either, so it's not like I need advanced stuff in that regard.
>>
>>52228648

The preamps would have to be really shitty for noise to be an issue. I say nonsense
>>
Looking for some feedback here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1yTfRAgCGk
>>
>>52224399
This isn't for everybody, but that BOC lofi sound is what I wish I could get. These the saturation on these synths just makes them magical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2NetJolUw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcvG9BEZaGM
>>
>>52215594
>https://clyp.it/3hdj3y54

1) clipping punchy kick

>gtfo
>>
>mfw i dont own any hardware besides speakers and a soundcard and i make decent quality music for the label i got signed

i just don't get what's the whole "hurr a durr muh hurduwurrr" hype
>>
>>52228834
so go for the scarlet 2i2?
>>
>>52229114
What type of music do you make? Some is really requires hardware to make good stuff. IE. acid house or ambient (less so than acid).
>>
>>52229181
i've always liked working with different genres, like reggae, dancehall, bigroom, progressive, melbourne, and even 2000s house

the secret to it is to have a reference track and know the concept of each subgenre

of course, not sure about you people, but i download all library on torrents
>>
>>52229225
That makes sense why you wouldn't be a hardware obsessive. People like hardware because it colors the tone in a way that a computer can't fully emulate.
>>
>>52229360
it doesn't emulate anything, computer colors the sound in its own specific way
>>
>>52229225

All those genres you listed aren't anything worth bragging about.

Good for you for making it, I'm definitely jelly of that. But you're basically saying "I'm producing pleb music with no gear". It isn't nothing impressive.

Try to make music that is held to a higher production standard like techno music, then we'll talk
>>
>>52229469
you can make lo-fi techno all in the box tho
>>
I finally got off school and got time to spend learning how to produce.

Week 1 just finished tonight with a beat/synths done from scratch, that actually sound good.
Feels so fucking good man.

Is it possible to achieve that XXYYXX - About you bass with the ableton default synth? Should I just [spoiler]pirate[/spoiler] sylenth/massive if I wanna get serious?
>>
>>52229494

true, but at that point tho you might as well invest in gear, even the very basics (ie a midi keyboard) because AFAIK you cannot put together techno from libraries (correct me if I'm wrong) and will all the kob twitching you'll need to do, a keyboard/knob thingie becomes almost necessary

do you make a living out of it?
>>
>>52229559
I haven't heard that song in a while, but I can swear its just a saw and an lfo, you don't really need to pirate anything, unless you get bored with your current synths
>>
>>52229434
From my limited experience making tracks on a computer I have found that programs either don't color the tone or they emulate hardware (Tape Decks, analog filters, low bit samplers). Granted it's not a bad thing that the computer doesn't color the sound because it should primarily be used for perfect playback.
>>
I started this today. Still in progress.
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.