[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> GOING TO EDC LAS VEGAS 2015 That being said I have no idea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

> GOING TO EDC LAS VEGAS 2015

That being said I have no idea what to bring or anything, so do you guys have any stories and/or suggestions on how i should prepare for this awesome festival?
(and of all raves, it'll be my first rave.)

I LOVE EDM, so I'm not just going there for the women or drugs (as a matter of fact i'd rather stay sober)
>I'm going there for the music

(my first time ever on /mu/ i was origionally gonna post this on /b/ but knew there had to be a music section of 4chan [I'm not a newfag i just pretty much stick to /b/ and /k/ with the occasional /pol/])

>tl;dr: I'm going to EDC Las Vegas, what should I bring and how should I prepare.
>>
>>52168881
You have to be 18+ to be on 4chan.
>>
I guess I'll post this again tomorrow, but earlier, seems /mu/ is asleep
>>
File: 1413740414099.jpg (40KB, 310x425px) Image search: [Google]
1413740414099.jpg
40KB, 310x425px
>>52168810
>I LOVE EDM
>>
>>52168991
/mu/ is a slow board, also you still have to be 18+ to be on 4chan.
>>
>>52168980
I meant *19 as of april
>>
>>52169003
Don't lie, OP.
>>
>>52168810
>I LOVE EDM
>I'm going to a rave for the music
>/b/ and /pol/ browser

This cannot possibly not be b8.
>>
Don't repost this cause a bunch of average mu idiots will just call you a pleb for not listening to their shitty meme rap and avant-teen garbage.

Look Op, bring a fuck load of water, or at least stay super hydrated. Don't do too many drugs and don't take random shit people give you. Take frequent breaks so you don't pass out, and be kind to people around you. If someone is a dick to you, either ignore it or move somewhere else, dont start a fight because you will ruin many peoples time. DONT FUCK ANYONE, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Anyway yeah most of this is common sense anyway. Have fun bro
>>
>>52168810
EDC is cancer, prepare for packs of girls yelling WOOOOOO, douchey bros fistbumping, and crowds packing in to watch hack DJ's cue other people's songs.

Big fucking corporate circlejerk, only there to separate you from your money.
>>
>>52169125
>Big fucking corporate circlejerk
Welcome to any first world country, retard.
>>
>>52169088
most of my posts and whatnot regarding music are usually reserved for a secret facebook group of myself and 4 other friends I have irl.
>>
>>52169125
you sound like an absolute blast to go out with .
>>
File: e9d.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
e9d.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>52168810
>>
>>52169187
I guarantee you that the music you listen to is of no higher quality then the EDM youd hear at Electric Daisy

Im fucking guarantee it

Not op btw
>>
>>52169245

even lower quality bait, go back to /b/ my friend, lurk more

>>>/b/

:)
>>
>>52169187
I'm serious. I'm going and I truly love EDM, to the point that I listen to no other genres than the sub-genres of EDM.
>>
>>52169304

shhhhh..it's going to be ok
>>
File: 1417590010170.jpg (66KB, 606x586px) Image search: [Google]
1417590010170.jpg
66KB, 606x586px
>>52169304
Jesus, dude. Just go back to /b/.
>>
>HURRRRR DURRRR EDM IS SHIT
>OH FUCK TIME TO FAP TO DEATH GRIPS AND KANYE WEST AGAIN

/mu/ mentality everyone
>>
>>52169185
Kek
>>
>>52169321
Kek. (This is OP, had to switch to phone, there are likely going to be autocorrects in my next replies)
>>
(This is OP, I had to switch to my phone)
I assure you this post isn't b8.

>I will repost this in a week or so (when the tickets arrive in the mail) with the tickets, myself and a time stamp

I still haven't gotten any suggestions yet though, as to what to bring and how to prepare.
>>
File: 1411435277969.jpg (37KB, 683x595px) Image search: [Google]
1411435277969.jpg
37KB, 683x595px
>>52169355
>/b/tard EDM fan having this much of a colon catastrophy

Hahahahaha get the fuck out of here you faggot.
>>
>>52169392
read
>>52169122
>>
>>52169396
Go back to daycare if you can't defend your shit child
>>
>>52169122
Thank you. Finally some helpful advice.
Do you know if they have water there too? I'd assume they would, for medical and liability reasons
>>
>>52169432
A lot of shows I've gone to will have a fountain you don't want to go all the way to, and then bottles that they charge for, so really the only win condition is that you bring your own shit.

Festivals aren't the greatest thing ever imo, and I've done a few of them, but you can get a little bit of a lot of different artists, and sometimes there's cool people hidden in the forest of douchebags. Smaller concerts with like 12 dollar tickets are the most fun I usually have, though.
>>
>>52169416
I don't listen to Kanye and only a casual Death Grips listener. Would you like some more anal cream for your perforated asshole?
>>
I went for my first time last year, OP and am going again in 2015. Here's my advice: Get yourself a Camelbak, and use that for water. It's far less encumbering than a water bottle. GET SOME RUNNING SHOES. I bought a fresh pair the day before leaving, and my feet were fine all three days. I also recommend one of those portable batteries to keep your phone charged.

For maximum fun while not on drugs: Bring in some crazy lights and/or lasers. About 80% of the audience is rolling, so the reactions you can get out of people are ridiculous. You might have to crotch some of that stuff to get it in, but security is a breeze. 100% scare tactics.

Get ready for 12+ hours of dancing for three days straight, and at least a couple of hours trying to leave the Speedway each morning.

Godspeed, OP. Now get off of /mu/.
>>
>>52169509
I was about to say thanks, but than:
>Now get off of /mu/.
why?
>>
>>52169654
because 'exclusively into' any genre is kinda just going to make you angry here, and EDM never gets discussed because all of our dance music people are on /bleep/ and listen to shit like deep house that you probably won't enjoy on a first listen
>>
>>52169509
Also. Where should I stay? LV Strip hotel rooms are fucking expensive (I've gone with family in past; $200+ a night)
>>
>>52169670
I know deep house, and it boars me.
I jumped into the Dubstep band wagon back in 2012, and still haven't gotten off. 95% off Trap is absolute shit
and one never heard a Big Room song I liked besides the super Mario launchpad remix of Animals.

My favorite genres:
>Dubstep
> House
> Electro House
> Electro
> Electro Swing
> Other types of house
> Glitch
> Glitch Hop
> Melbourne Bounce
> Hardstyle
> Happy Hardcore
> Metalstp
> Drums top
> Nu Disco
> Hard Dance
(And one me that I know but can't think of what it's called)
>>
Why would you go to fucking EDC? It probably has the worst crowd of any big edm festival in the world. Fucking murricans in general don't get it. They worship dj's, wave about glowsticks and wear obnoxious neon legwarmers. Fuck these idiots, seriously.
>>
>>52169762
I agree with you on 95% of trap and big room, god big room can be bad

I kinda got heavily into music on the back of Wolfgang Gartner and that sort of house music, so I kinda know where you're coming from. Now I still listen to that sort of thing but I'm no longer really able to take it seriously. I've also moved into listening to more of the older style of dubstep, which was basically just a matter of me starting to listen to it on headphones that conveyed the sound correctly. Regardless, if you intend to actually get something out of this board, you're probably going to want to keep yourself open to more than just what you already listen to, since this board tends not to be about it.

>>52169790
Americans have some of the best local music scenes in the world but jesus christ some of these festival crowds get awful, I know how it goes
>>
>>52169762
*tips glowstick*
>>
>>52169762
jesus how can one person have such derivative and niche taste? Please tell me you listen to at least some music with live instrumentation and or improvisation.
>>
>>52169866
It's not really niche though. American fratboy turds all have this taste
>>
>>52169392
you're going to a goddamn festival, not World War II

what's to prepare? use common sense for fucks sake
>>
>>52169762
>>>/r/monstercat
>>
>>52169893
yeah I guess niche wasn't really the most suitable word to use. Should have just stuck to derivative.
>>
>>52169918
If anything you should bring as little stuff as possible. No bottles, no clothing you don't need, hell most my friends don't even bring their phone. Everything you bring has to be carried in your pockets (or you can be 1 of those massive fags with a backpack) and it annoys you while dancing.
>>
>>52169432
speaking as someone thats only been to euro festivals they tend to charge you out the ass for it. >>52169122 has the right idea. try to sleep as much as you can in the morning and afternoon so you can stay up. a lot of the dj sets that play after headliners are sick. dont count on wanting to stay sober either, its kinda weird when you realise youre just listening to slightly shittier sounding versions of songs you know and youre totally straight.

basically drink water, dont take pills and enjoy yourself. fuck someone if theyre camped miles from you and wont see you again.
>>
>>52169978
>Dont take pills

Straight edge as fuck
>>
>>52169392
Try and pack as lightly as you can. Nothing is worse than when you have to leave there. I went to Benicassim this year (9 day fest in Spain) with one backpack that had my clothes, some water and a book for the plane. Don't take anything you're a.) unprepared to lose or b.) you can live without. Find out if it's feasible to go off-site to buy water and alcohol or whatever cos it'll be tons cheaper and save you dragging 20 litres in there.
>>
>>52170006
>taking pills from randomers
cmon m8 you can just bomb your md
>>
>>52170034
Oh from strangers, yeah don't do that.

I only take 4fmp now, it's semi-legal here which means I don't have to deal with shady dealers
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.