[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tame impala arent that bad but i hate them now because all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 53.jpg (45KB, 877x877px) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
45KB, 877x877px
tame impala arent that bad but i hate them now because all the normies and plebs at college know about them :/

and theyre only like 3 years late :/

thank god i liked tame impala when they were still relatively unknown

anyone feels the same about other music?
>>
>>51925933
no because i'm not an asshole
>>
>>51925933
OP is that you in the pic?
>>
>>51925933

No

I actually like it when other people discover music I like because I'm not a special snowflake.

Tame Impala has always been shit though
>>
everything wrong with /mu/ and music likers.
>>
pic/post reminded me of this mashup
https://soundcloud.com/natebelasco/kanye-west-black-skinhead-vs
>>
I know that feel OP, although not really because when I first heard Tame Impala back in the day I thought it was some hack john lennon wannabe psych fag rock shit and threw it in the trash
>>
>>51926023
>voice sounds like john lennon
>immediatly disregard it as copycat trash
I bet you also think Unknown Orchestra are shit lmao
>>
>>51926108
Tame Impala sounds exactly what a late Beatles record would sound like if the Beatles got stuck in a time warp 50 years into the future
>>
I can't take people seriously who take their own music taste so seriously they must justify what they don't or do like by shitty scene politics. just admit that you like or don't like something because of your own subjective taste. you don't have to like everything "cool" and dislike everything "lame."
>>
>>51925986
how so?

i dont want assholes and literal plebs i hate to listen and like the same music i do

they probably dont even know anything about the band or about their first album
>>
Why do some people think that elitism is wrong?
>>
>>51926184
whether you are being serious or not, I know plenty of people on /mu/ really think this way. having this kind of attitude towards music shows that you see it as a status symbol more than anything
>>
>>51925983
this, except tame impala is good for their age
c'mon son
i was with you started chugging haterade
>>
>>51925986
?

I like how people use the words elitism and pretentious as if it's a bad thing. If we weren't pretentious we wouldn't enjoy as much as we enjoy. If much music wasn't pretentious and every artist went out of their way to sound like every other artist so that no one is offended by extremities in their art or something too personal music would most certainly suck. If you don't like pretentious art you may be better off living in a world with no individuality, no color, minimal differences, everyone looks and does the same things, no one has a mind and life of their own, and everyone is always looking to be like the other guy to further separate themselves from meaning and individuality in their lives.

Everything in art is forced in some way but it seems to most people that if the art is too extreme in a way or different it's more forced somehow. I guess it would be better off for you if no art existed ever then. No one will even have feelings, the music shop would only carry blank CD's. There would not even be the most generic albums that are labeled "rock artist 1 - album". There that's better nothing to offend to anyone or challenge anyone's senses in way that would cause a confused reaction. The perfect world for you people that feel to call everything out you see as pretentious.
>>
>>51926278
>you see it as a status symbol
what does this mean?
>>
>>51926309
not sure if you missed the point entirely or if this is some copypasta i haven't seen yet. oh well
>>
>>51926355
That you don't care about the music, you care about the image that music gives you.
>>
>>51925933
Oh boy, just wait till Twin Peaks catches on with mainstreamers over the next couple of years.
>>
>>51926309
You just said very little with a lot of damn words
>>
>>51926386
no?

i never talk to anyone about music and people don't know about my taste, if they did they'd probably find the majority of music i like weird (which is funny because in a few years they're going to like some of the artists i like too)

so how do i care about the image the music gives me? if i did then i'd brag about my taste all the time and whatnot
>>
>>51926438
You are
>>
>>51926398
same with this :/

same with swans, when the seer (which is pretty bad by swans standards btw) came out every suddenly started to love them, just because it's a highly critically acclaimed album

to be kind was even top 40 or something (top lel!)

people don't even know about sftb and think tbk and the seer are the greatest albums ever

i wish swans never regrouped
>>
>>51925933
Kill yourself.

Captcha: OP should fucking kill himself.
>>
>>51926464
I don't think he is. Take a video game like portal or sonic. If you ever want to discuss those games the vast majority of people who like them are lame as fuck. It's like that, but with music.
>>
>>51926484
Cop is still the best though
>>
>>51926108
He sounds more like George, tbh
>>
>>51926484
Jesus fucking christ kill yourself
>>
More like Lame Antelope
>>
>>51926438
you still have this internal strife about what other people listen to. a normal person forms their own opinions about what they like based on how the music sounds, not who else listens to it. to reasonably dislike something because of its popularity it would have to be some top 40 radio shit that's overplayed. but nothing talked about on /mu/ falls into that category.
>>
y'all niggas postin in a troll thread
>>
>>51926484
think about this: do you like your favorite swans albums more than you dislike fans of their new work?
>>
File: images (3).jpg (7KB, 259x194px)
images (3).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>51926484
You are a fucking dumb ass
>>
>>51926550
>>51926602
dont post (and samefag) if you have nothing to say
>>
Listen to POND and shut da fck up!
>>
>>51926565
>to reasonably dislike something because of its popularity it would have to be some top 40 radio shit that's overplayed.
>but nothing talked about on /mu/ falls into that category

Ummm, do we browse the same /mu/?

Rich Homie Quan, Charli XCX, Sky Ferreira, Drake, Chief Keef, A$AP Rocky, Young Thug, Vampire Weekend... All top 40 radio shit.
>>
>>51926694
Chief Keef is independent you retarded moronic dumbfuck, stupid shit.
>>
File: nice digits.png (6KB, 386x98px)
nice digits.png
6KB, 386x98px
>>
>>51926694
ok, drake, charlie XCX, sure. people post about how much they hate drake and how hot charlie XCX is. same with taylor swift. none of those others (including tame impala) are even remotely mainstream enough to get multiple plays on major pop radio. the standard for "obscurity" on /mu/ is way higher than in real life.
>>
>>51926730
>this one nigger lover
Get your fact straight

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chief+keef+label
>>
>>51926747
charli xcx is really fucking hot though
>>
>>51926823
yep
>>>/s/
>>
>>51925933
i have legitimately never felt this. if "normies and plebs" are listening to something i like, then thats awesome. the only reason you would not like it is because you only listen to bands to feel cool. so stop doing that, asshole.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.