[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

autechre > BoC > aphex twin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: tri repetae.jpg (54KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tri repetae.jpg
54KB, 500x500px
autechre > BoC > aphex twin
>>
ok
>>
nah
Ae > Aphex > BoC
>>
Squarepusher > the rest
>>
>>51887244
nigga what aphex is better than all
>>
everybody knows that dummy
>>
>>51887244
autechre = BOC = aphex twin
>>
>>51887244
nah. this >>51887476.
>>
>>51887523
Squarepusher > Aphex > Autechre > BoC
>>
Autechre is the best from those three, everybody should know that, even if they are not your favorite.

As for personal preferences, it goes like this
weyheyhey !! > Autechre > Squarepusher > BoC > Aphex

I also thinks it's funny how every "IDM" thread is just about ranking the same artists every single time.
>>
autechre makes the best albums haha u look like a DEELDO
>>
>>51887244
fair enough
>>
Autechre >>>>> Aphex Twin >>>>>> Squarepusher > Shit > BoC
>>
that's pretty tough actually
i guess BoC > Autechre > Aphex
but i'd put SAW 85-92 above any BoC album
>>
y r artists ranked where the fuk am i
>>
>>51887244
Autechre >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Aphex Twin >>>>> BoC
>>
BOC>=Autechre=Aphex Twin
>>
>>51887523
>>51888696
my squarebros, glad to see you here

imo Squarepusher > Autechre > Amon Tobin = Aphex Twin > Boards Of Canada = Luke Vibert > Ceephax Acid Crew > Venetian Snares = Ulrich Schnauss = Cylob > Tycho >> Benn "the flashbulb mash your girl's assbulb" Jordan = le radiohead man

in the context of idm bloops, that is
>>
>>51889860
that list would be a valid opinion on some level except that μ-Ziq isn't at the top of it.
>>
>>51889994
haha, I always forget about mike. I'd put him along with amon & aphex.
>>
>>51888798
shut the fuck up
>>
>>51887566
This guy gets it.
>>
>>51890135
Cry more, faggot :3

>>51889860
Venetian Snares that low? I would put him before Vibert and Ceephax at least.

Venetian Snares = weyheyhey !! > Autechre > Ryoji Ikeda > Squarepusher > Amon Tobin > Alva Noto > Blaerg > Ametsub > We TM > Terminal 11 > Pan Sonic > Oval > BoC > SND > Plaid > Aphex Twin > FSoL > mu-ziq > Ceephax > The Flashbulb

I love all of those btw

>>51890216
Yeah, he got the most boring opinion.
>>
>>51890116
seems fair. seems like everyone forgets about mike :^(
>>
>>51889446
>but i'd put SAW 85-92 above any BoC album
that's quite a bold statement that I do not agree with
>>
BoC>Autechre>Aphex Twin
>>
File: 1415323612456.gif (97KB, 350x283px) Image search: [Google]
1415323612456.gif
97KB, 350x283px
I agree, OP
>>
File: Folder.jpg (124KB, 432x432px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
124KB, 432x432px
Crash Course in Science > Kraftwerk > gesaffelstein
>>
Pan Sonic > all of them
>>
>>51890246
>no Matmos
>no Vladislav Delay
>no Pan Sonic
>no Kit Clayton
Shit list
>>
amon tobin
>>
>>51890400
>no Pan Sonic
He said Pan Sonic.
Him not saying Vladislav Delay is a crime though.
>>
>>51890386
They have so much great stuff. Can't decide between A or Kulma as my favorite though
>>
>>51890246
I like the vsnares, it's just that I like everything else more. Adding some more to the list:

Squarepusher > Ae > Amon Tobin = RDJ = /mu/zhikk > BoC = Luke Vibert > Ceephax = Grischa Lichtenberger > Aaron = Ulrich = Alva = Ryoji = Cylob > Tycho >> fleshbulb > that guy featured on cosmogramma
>>
>>51890430
Didn't see that. And yea vladislav delay is really underrated on this site
>>
>>51890445
Kesto is their best. And then Kulma, and then Panasonic EP.
>>51890476
Anima is one of my favorite ambient albums of all time. His new album is pretty good too.
>>
>>51890499
Kesto wasn't my thing, I'll give it another try when I have the time.

Also Entain > Anima imo

I feel like you would like Pop by Gas, have you heard it?
>>
>>51890578
>Pop by Gas
Haven't gotten around to it yet. I downloaded it a while back though.

Kesto is hard to listen to though. I've only heard it in it's entirety twice. It's worth the while though, listening to it beginning to end. I find it cool how the tracks just keep decaying and decaying into minimal nothingness.
>>
>>51890430
He's still on my backlog, but I have heard a lot of wonderful things about him.

>>51890578
Kesto is awesome.
>>
>>51890296

SAW 1 got better for me as U got older (oldfig here), but I felt a deep gratification when pitchfork amended their Music has the Right rating to the correct 10.0. THAT's the sound that everyone bites, and it's still the best thing they've ever done.

Personally Aphex still edges BoC though because nostalgia and I was pleasantly surprised with Syro, recently. BoC have fallen off recently (I don't listen to the last two albums with any regularity, I've been playing Hi Scores a lot doe)
>>
>>51891231
For me Campfire Headphase is my favorite BoC album for the same nostalgic reason and was what got me into BoC. As for Tomorrow's Harvest, it really grew on me and as much as I love MHTRTC I would say as a whole, TH beat it.
>>
>>51890456
>ryoji on an idm list
>ryoji that low on a list
you fucked up twice
>>
>>51891353
holy shit, this. you actually have the same taste in boc that i do. i did not think anyone else thought this way.

also, i think geogaddi is their worst album and the pre-mhtrtc stuff is much better and more interesting than mhtrtc. all of their shit is gold, though.
>>
>>51890657
Pop 4 is all you need to know.
>>
>>51891389
I appreciate that you agree with me but I can't agree that geogaddi is the worst.
>>
>>51891757
Geogaddi used to be my favorite, but after repeated listens the clean production really doesn't do it for me anymore. It works much better in an album like Headphase. The eerie Geogaddi vibe in my opinion is trying to expand on the mystery of the earlier stuff, but the more professional design and sound of it all is the only thing keeping it from succeeding completely. It is a great album compositionally, but it just isn't flawless like BOC's other releases.
>>
Squarepusher lost his way in the mid 2000s

Venetian Snares has like 2 good albums

If you think anything post Geogaddi counts as a valid BoC album you are a fucking tool

Aphex is good but Autechre are the most consistent in quality, not trying to be accessible all of a sudden (I'm looking at you Richard and Tom) and probably the only relevant act in IDM anymore
>>
For the record IDM kinda stopped being relevant when Freescha started working with Britney Spears
>>
>>51892100
I dunno I think the darker tone was a good shift from what seemed like the more nostalgia driven MHTRTC. I always felt like the campfire headphase was a softer version of MHTRTC and Tomorrow's Harvest was like a bare bones version of Geogaddi.
>>
Autechre is very interesting, but it's purely a cerebral thing when I'm listening to them. With Aphex and BoC, I feel like there's an emotional weight. They both can write melodies that consist of longer and more complex phrases than Ae. Ae have really fantastic rhythms, and they're fascinating, but there's an altogether different sense of wonder with Aphex and BoC because they're more melodic. And between those two, Aphex edges out because he has such a handle on so many different stylistic iterations of his vision.
>>
>>51892304
>implying IDM is even relevant
relevancy doesn't mean shit, especially in a genre that only had it's moment for like a week in the mid-90s. And I'll fight you on that VSnares comment.

You're right about Squarepusher though
>>
>>51892642

yeah it jumped the shark some time ago

vsnares is good when he's good (Chrome & Orange Things, heck I'll give you Meathole and Hospitality as well) but his shitting out random inane bullshit doesnt make up for it
>>
>>51892304
>If you think anything post Geogaddi counts as a valid BoC album you are a fucking tool

Clearly someone needs to listen to Tomorrow's Harvest more.
>>
>>51892460
Of course the darker tone was a good shift, but it didn't match the simultaneously shift to a more professional sound. Dark and mysterious works best when it's lofi like their early stuff is. Other than that, I think those comparisons are pretty accurate.
>>
>>51892737

It's not a good BoC album and no matter how you people try to twist it is not gonna change that
>>
>>51887244
Nope! But who cares? They're all good artists.
>>
>>51892619
This. You explained it much better than I could have. Though I do her pretty emotional when I listen to Pir and sometimes even VI Scose Poise.
>>
>>51892778
>my opinion is fact
>I don't like it therefor you don't like it
>>
>>51892753
>dark and mysterious works best when it's lofi
I almost feel like the fact that it was so well produced made the eeriness even more eerie. It's like knowing there's a monster under your bed but the lights are on, it's just a weird and strange feeling.
>>
>>51892842
Maybe it would have worked better if it weren't for dawn chorus and 1969. Anyway, Julie and candy gets better with every listen and the short interludes are really what make it interesting. I think ready lets go sets an incredible tone with which a few of the more unconventional compositions didn't flow.
>>
>>51892942
I personally enjoyed Dawn Chorus but I will agree with you on 1969
>>
Selected Ambient Works 85-92 > Music Has the Right to Children >= Geogaddi > Rossz csillag alatt született > Selected Ambient Works Volume II >= Richard D. James Album >= Tri repetae > Hard Normal Daddy > Everything Else Because I'm Getting Lazy
>>
>>51892778
Besides having some of the best production overall as a whole on any BoC album
>>
>>51893076
Exai/Chiastic Slide/Confield>
>>
>>51893489
Oh man! I wish Exai received more attention last year! It was pretty good! Still, almost forgot all about it just then.
>>
BoC and afx are shit. Ae is actually really good.

Squarepusher had a few good albums. Amon Tobin had one (Supermodified).
Most idm artists have none. I prefer glitch that's not in the idm scene like Alva Noto and Fennesz.
>>
>>51893807
How wrong can you be?
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.