[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: music for being depressed, hopeless, self hating, etc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 15

File: 1274627271_cover (1).jpg (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1274627271_cover (1).jpg
167KB, 600x600px
ITT: music for being depressed, hopeless, self hating, etc.
>>
File: Bath.jpg (39KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
Bath.jpg
39KB, 600x595px
>>
Xiu Xiu
Have A Nice Life/Giles Corey
teen suicide
I Hate Myself
>>
File: titusandronicus.jpg (168KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
titusandronicus.jpg
168KB, 800x800px
You may not think it, but it's a great album for the binge drinking self loathing faggot you really are.
>>
>>50378281

When this first came out I hated it. But your description really speaks to me right now. Not OP, but I'm gonna try it again.
>>
>>50378308
No Future Pt. 3 and The Battle of Hamptons Road are really cathardic
>>
>>50378200
>>
File: cover.jpg (151KB, 453x453px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
151KB, 453x453px
>>
>>
>>50378308
>Not listening to scream-until-you-cough blood-core

It's almost like you don't want to embrace what a useless piece of shit you are and revel in the happiness you find in belonging, finally.

Gosh anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZYignZ2HfE
>>
File: ogcjm.jpg (17KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
ogcjm.jpg
17KB, 300x295px
>>50378322

Much appreciated. Also, just to contribute something:

This is a pretty fantastic album for self-hate, despite all the outside-hate AJJ gets.
>>
File: PhantomDustOSTcover.jpg (42KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
PhantomDustOSTcover.jpg
42KB, 370x370px
>>
>>50378281

This. The last half of their first album is also supremely misanthropic and self-deprecating. But The Monitor is always my go-to album when I just want to scream along with someone who hates themselves just as much as I do.

>>50378329

Mah nigga, I haven't heard anyone talk about Across Tundras in fucking years!
>>
File: blazingfiresandhelicopters.jpg (15KB, 479x454px) Image search: [Google]
blazingfiresandhelicopters.jpg
15KB, 479x454px
>>50378149
Love that album, that one and Suffocate for Fuck Sake - Blazing Fires and Helicopters are my go-to "I wish I was dead and want to feel an overwhelming sense of loathing and nothingness" albums
>>
>>50378362

Haha, my life hasn't been this shit in a long time. Takes the right mindframe to appreciate some things. Thanks though guys, I am burying myself in shit as we speak.
>>
>>50378385
Stickles can't seem to be happy.

He's either going through a huge existential crisis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcJ8AYJYgQ

Or he's taking the piss out of himself, and everyone else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDwltcAo_Bg
>>
>>50378362

Seriously. That ending where he just ROARS "-and I'm sorry dad no I'm not making this up!" I just fucking lose it. Especially since I lost my father a little bit after this album came out.

I'm still waiting for a true conclusion to No Future. Part 3 just doesn't seem over to me.
>>
>>50378402

Hey! As a faggot who read Camus' essay on why suicide is the only logical answer for rational people I appreciate this. Just need the balls to follow through I guess.
>>
>>50378413
>tfw when the bagpipe solo falls in sync with the driving war drums and the guitars start to crescendo

It sounded like I was having great sex when I was listening to this album. No fucking joke, I was groaning and everything, it was like an other worldly experience. They just took all the negativity in the world, all the pretension, all their own self hatred, every literary reference and civil war allusion, out in the woods, beat the fuck out of it, and then shared a whiskey with it.

God fucking damn

>>50378423
I just finished The Fall, starting on The Plague.

Anon, just fucking roll alright man? We must imagine Anonymous as happy :^)
>>
>>50378413
No Future Part Two kicks so much fucking ass, it's crazy

>that reading of the last lines of The Stranger

Fucking hell, what an underrated album
>>
>>50378383
Great album. Sludgey, Post-Rockey, but full of hope
>>
File: stillalive.jpg (14KB, 348x394px) Image search: [Google]
stillalive.jpg
14KB, 348x394px
>>50378441

Hell, I'm not there yet, or I wouldn't be here Just shit. I don't know. I have been on 4chan for a long ass time, and I find myself back here at a time when I am honestly wondering what good is left to be had in this life. Goddam I am digging this album right now though. Fucking right, I needed to be depressed to really appreciate it.
>>
>>50378441

Yeah man, when I first heard it it was everything I needed and it still is. It never stops shouting something relevant to the shit that's going on.

I'm excited for the new album. Apparently it's like a concept album/rock opera about bipolar disorder and manic depression.
>>
>>50378478
Which one? The Monitor or An Airing of Grievances?

They're both top fucking quality in my opinion. Airing of Grievances is full of literary references and is basically Patrick Stickles recording of his existential crisis. And then more references to Camus and Shakespeare

And The Monitor is just something else.

>tfw you get all patriotic and starry eyed when you listen to A More Perfect Union
>tfw you're not even American

I want to drive really fast down the American west with my friends and scream these songs with them. It just feels like such a uniquely American thing to me

>>50378504
Here's something from their new album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9tQQyberII

I'm stoked as hell too.
>>
>>50378149
>tfw I overhyped that album for myself
It's alright, I guess.
>>
>>50378528

The Monitor. Yeah, the album really does have that America Fuck Yeah! vibe, despite it kind of mocking our society and how fucked up our (and Stickles') generation is. But that's just him trying more to be just like Springsteen.

Damn dude, thanks, I didn't know there were any good live videos yet.
>>
File: vic.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
vic.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>50378504

On The Monitor right now, but I have Airing of Grievances laying around too. I'll revisit it later. I just need to find something to latch on to right now. The one person in my life I would hope to find genuine comfort in will give me nothing but offhand platitudes and bullshit about "the only thing you have control over is how you feel". Fuck that, I have no control, and fuck you. I am miserable and what's worse is the closest I feel to feeling good is feeling my most miserable. I don't know how that works but it's fucking true.

At the end of the day, at least I can enjoy music that wallows in shit with me.
>>
>>50378565
>>50378528
Local Business isn't bad at all. Just not super great.

Ecce Homo and In a Big City are fucking top tier songs
>>
>>50378565

I gotta say, I dunno about this new song. It has that same cock-rock sound that some of Local Business had.

I want Stickles to have that The Boss attitude, not sound like him. Springsteen's music fucking sucks.
>>
>>50378596
It's still a 30 song rock fucking opera, I'll wait to see how big it gets.

I don't know if they're ever going to be able to top The Monitor
>>
>tfw you research the lyrics for Ecce Homo
>tfw they're making so many fucking statements in one song

God damn
>>
File: 1319151790080.jpg (35KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
1319151790080.jpg
35KB, 500x461px
>>50378586

I feel ya, doggie. My old lady and I broke up a week ago after two-and-a-half years and she was always telling me stupid fucking new age feel good sentiment like that. Like it's that easy you can just have something by goddamn wanting it. Fuck that dangerous mentality, that's why we have entitled assholes everywhere.
>>
>>50378617

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't judge so harshly based on the first song off it I hear.

But yeah, it's gonna take some REAL fucking power to top that album. When I saw them last it was the day Obama won his second term, like everyone found out minutes before the show started. So they decided to basically play The Monitor in its entirety, minus like two songs along with new shit and No Future Part 1. It turned into such a wild party they decided to just take away the under-21 gate. Both Pat Stickles and the singer for Ceremony got into the crowd and were going wild.
>>
all day every day
>>
>>50378200
Really? this album sounds more hopeful than hopeless to me. at least musicially.

I dont see any self hating in there either
>>
File: yus.jpg (87KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
yus.jpg
87KB, 600x400px
>>50378648

Thanks bruh. Good to hear something similar, even just from a stranger just for one night.
>>
File: ladispute-somewhere.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
ladispute-somewhere.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
This.
So much hopelessness and denial and hatred in these songs. I believe getting a divorce with a wife you love more than anything and then watch her live with another guy and have kids with him like you never existed is probably the world's worst feel.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.