[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How's the music scene in your city/town /mu/? Trying to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

File: ayy.jpg (19KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
19KB, 250x248px
How's the music scene in your city/town /mu/?
Trying to move somewhere with a great music scene. Los Angeles is a maybe, NYC is a maybe, as is philadelphia.
Where else?
>>
NYC music scene is great. Take it from someone who lives there.
>>
Just moved to Salem, OR.
I don't know yet.
>>
NYC a goat. Move to Bushwick, it's an up and coming area with a growing artistic movement. Because if you're not talented enough to make good music, you can at least say you live near or around people who make good music.
>>
Philly has a great scene, always some great shows going on every night.
>>
>>50244843
>>50244869
This is the same as what my friends say.

I am in Boston for uni right now and regret going here. Most all artists come through here but there is no real scene. A little bit of straight-edge hardcore but it's bad.
>>
>>50244905
you have to go out of your way to not hear new music/ see performances/ be around musical people
>>
i hate the musicians in baltimore

hate might be too strong, but they're so fucking artsy i can't stand it
>>
Atlanta has a pretty good one too
>>
Cincinnati had an indie music festival this weekend. I don't know if there's a better one in the country.

don't all get butthurt that i used the word indie
>>
>tfw German shithole
>tfw no music scene
>>
>>50244889
yeah philly's scene is awesome especially if you have shitty taste
>>
File: tfwuht.jpg (466KB, 2768x2928px) Image search: [Google]
tfwuht.jpg
466KB, 2768x2928px
There is no music scene where I live
>>
>>50244905
are you kidding? boston's noise rock scene is killing it right now
>>
Ulan Bator

Mongolian throat singing heartland.
>>
>>50244817
chapel hill/durham is really good for its relatively small size. also considerably cheaper than nyc and such.
>>
it's all punk and hardcore revival here
>>
the Honolulu music scene is horrendous
>>
Montreal
you bet yr butt its good
NYC 2.0
>>
>>50244973

kill yourself
>>
>>50244817
Charlotte, NC has an indie rock scene and a punk rock scene as far I as know.
No real big acts come by the area however.
>>
Miami, FL

Mostly mediocre punk and metalcore bands
Jazz, especially latin

kind of blows
>>
>>50244905
are you serious? Boston's music scene has been pretty fucking awesome for the last 30 years... and it isn't slowing down.
>>
>>50244817
dublin has an amazing music scene

all bands stop here at least once every 3 years
>>
>>50245092
hey it's not my fault the scene is such garbage
>>
>>50244869
>bushwick
GTFO hipster
>>
>>50244817
we mostly get tejano artists, although B.B. King came around once.

Just went to look up who's coming around, seems Larry the Cable Guy is coming soon. Hope that gives you an idea of our music scene.
>>
new yorks allright if you wanna get pushed in front of the subway
>>
>>50244843
>>50244869
How is it? What genres are bustling?
>>
>>50245098
charlotte kinda sucks man, asheville and >>50245019 are pretty much the only good parts of NC
>>
i just moved out here to Lincoln Nebraska. is anyone out here in the middle of the midwest that can tell me whether or not theirs a good music scene out here? im thinking of starting a noise project
>>
>>50245295
theres*
>>
I live in Tasmania.

The music is a mix of shit indie-folk and shit metalcore.

Kill me.
>>
>>50245290
Ashville has an awesome music scene as far as I'm concerned. Plus they have the Moog Factory there.

The only artist I can think of that comes from Chapel Hill is Porter Robinson.

I can't think of anyone that comes from Durham.

The only artist I can think of that comes from Raleigh is Between the Buried and Me.

North Carolina sucks.
>>
>>50245295
get out
on a side note me and a homeless dude climbed the captial building
>>
>>50244817
Richmond VA is a hub for hippsters and indie music. Also used to be a place a lot of metal came out of example Gwar
>>
>>50244955
this
>>
>>50244868
holy shit do you go to Willamette? I'm also in Salem for school
>>
>>50244817
0, absolute 0.

Wish I could meet musicians that do what I do.
>>
If you love rap or /bleep/ you will fit in great here in chicago!
>>
>>50245404
A lot of my family lives in Roanoke, in fact my cousin's in a metal band
no thanks
>>
>>50245483
Does synthpop and new-wave constitute as /bleep/
>>
File: 1405818884148.png (26KB, 159x135px) Image search: [Google]
1405818884148.png
26KB, 159x135px
>>50244817

boulder/denver is meh. really nice if you're into edm but kinda shitty for what i'm into
>>
>>50245393
chapel hill has superchunk, durham has the mountain goats to name a couple. more importantly, the cradle is probably the best venue in the southeast
also porter robinson went to my school and was a fucking prick.
>>
>San Francisco Bay Area
Best metal scene in America, good EDM scene over in East Bay, probably lots of indie and shit but that's not my thing, out of town artists come all the time.

p good
>>
>>50245541
I met someone who knows his brother Nick. Apparently he's a struggling filmmaker
>>
>>50245492
Roanoke is like 3 hours away from RVA
>>
>>50244944
Yeah atlanta is pretty sick.

OP, Georgia is a good sport for music. Atlanta and Athens both have incredible music scenes.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.