[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/bleep/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 288
Thread images: 17

File: 1400877304873.jpg (63KB, 736x758px) Image search: [Google]
1400877304873.jpg
63KB, 736x758px
The weekend has landed. All that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties. I've got 48 hours off from the world, man. I'm gonna blow steam out my head like a screaming kettle, I'm gonna talk cod shit to strangers all night, I'm gonna lose the plot on the dancefloor. The free radicals inside me are freakin', man! Tonight I'm Jip Travolta, I'm Peter Popper, I'm going to never-never land with my chosen family, man. We're gonna get more spaced out than Neil Armstrong ever did, anything could happen tonight, you know? This could be the best night of my life. I've got 73 quid in my back burner - I'm gonna wax the lot, man! The Milky Bars are on me! Yeah!
>>
daily reminder that actress is incredibly overated and if you're at all impressed by anything he's done you seriously need to go back and listen to warp/mille plateaux/raster noton/mego 90s discographies, hopefully then you'll learn realise actress is the epitome of a talentless hack
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwVM_OQG_8
>>
>>47172361
I havent listened to actress but people said the same thing to me about aphex twin and boards of canada. 5 years later I still love them
>>
>>47172361
Nah, Actress is really fucking good.
>>
12" otysf?
>>
>feel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jZqxehl_oU
>>
Anyone doing something cool this evening?
Gonna hang with some m8s and then go see Ulterior Motive and others at fabriken, Stockholm.
Never heard their music but they're on Metalheadz and I've heard good things being said about their stuff.
>>
>>47172361
i hadn't heard of actress before you mentioned your opinion on them but now i've looked in to it i'm really liking this sound! Thanks, seriously!
>>
>tfw banjo techno never caught on
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFvvLuomw0Y
>>
>>47172667
m8, cottton eyed joe is one of the greatest and most succesful tracks of all times
>>
What does /bleep/ think of this list?
http://www.factmag.com/2014/05/29/the-greatest-electronic-albums-of-the-1950s-and-1960s/
>>
>>47172785
>Casual accounts of the history of electronic music tend to point back to familiar sources: Suicide’s babble’n'hum; Cluster, Klaus Schulze and the rest of the Krautrock squad; the stygian mulch-music of early Cabaret Voltaire and Throbbing Gristle; and of course Kraftwerk’s meticulous robot pop.

That hit home. Might have to sit down and listen to some of them.
>>
>>47172785
doesn't look half-assed.
Some of these I came across reading 'Journey Into A Plugged In State Of Mind' which catalogues a good chunk of notable releases in electronic music history, although overall it was quite anglocentric and mainstream in what albums were discussed.
>>
>>47172294
Damn, not seen that film in years
>>
File: human_traffic_09.jpg (49KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
human_traffic_09.jpg
49KB, 600x458px
>>47172956
>>
>>47172361
love actress man
>>
>>47172956
I just realised I have it
on VHS
antiques mang
>>
Just finished nights (was on for 14 hours yesterday, 8pm to 10am and then back in for 8pm for next nights) and I can barely stay awake now, but I don't want to go to sleep now since I'll probably end up all night again. I just missed Uncle Dug's show this morning and it sounded good, 94 classics, tuned in just when he was playing Remarc - Soundmurderer (Loafin' In Brockley Mix).

Listened to Boxed Vol. 2 and it was very good, preferred Vol. 1 a little but they are roughly as good as each other. Also recently listened to DJ Scud - Ambush, The Redeemer - Hardcore Owes Us Money and Alec Empire - The Destroyer, forgot how Jungle-y the latter sounded at times.

Was going to listen to new Traxman but decided to re-listen to DJ Rashad - Double Cup instead. Will probably listen to the Charizma and Peanut Butter Wolf comp later tonight.
>>
>>47172490
ulterior motive are sick. last time i saw them they played a '93-'98ish set. loadsa jungle and techstep, it was well good, you'll have a great time i'm sure
>>
>>47173019
some nice artists to check out you named. Traxman seems neato.
>>
>Tfw no clubs or anything with interesting music in your area
>Just going to have your friends over and listen to music on your system and trip/get drunk like every weekend

Feels good and bad at the same time
>>
>>47173701
Where are you?
>>
>>47173724
Florida, Wesley Chapel.

I mean you could go to Tampa but I'm not tryna really go to amp or anything like that or the gothic clubs in ybor.

Sound lame, unless you know anywhere cool?
>>
>>47173741
That sucks and no idea, Britfag
>>
>>47173757
For real, but it just means there's more opportunity here because people around here would go crazy if you could throw something really cool.

So I sit here and save cash, and dream.
>>
>>47173573
That sounds awesome. Last time I was there Seba was playing and he pulled out some jungle tunes, it was insane.
>>
>>47173672
You never heard of Traxman? Listen to Mind of Traxman immediately man.
>>
i'm going to my first underground club night in a few days, its from around midnight to 6ish in the morning, anything I should know in advance? Never been to an event that didn't end end before 12. Guess everyone's going to be drugged out of their heads?
>>
File: 15165463543.jpg (74KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
15165463543.jpg
74KB, 1000x1000px
>>47174055
>>
>tfw you will never be oneman

why even live.
>>
>>47174086
Nah m8 it's real. I'm in America, everything worth going to is 21+ because of the drinking age, finding an 18+ night that's not full of shit artists is rare. It's pinch if you're wonderin.
>>
>>47172956
haven't seen it

is it anything like trainspotting?
>>
>>47174055
Get drunk, take drugs, enjoy the music and try not to spend all your money.Relax and have fun.
>>
>>47174111
pinch is p good, enjoy yourself, don't worry about anything.
>>
It's June in two days and not one stand-out summer banger.
>>
File: 1399264001609.png (573KB, 621x672px) Image search: [Google]
1399264001609.png
573KB, 621x672px
>>47173701
>Tfw no clubs or anything with interesting music in your area
>Tfw friends don't like bleeeps and bloops
>>
>>47174111
Ah fair enough. America sounds pretty shit for lots of reasons, sorry m8.

Pinch will be fun though. I guess a fair amount of people will be drugged out of their heads but whatever, just have a nice time - I'm sure you will.

p.s. nice dubs then trips
>>
>>47172449
The new Lacker for me.
>>
>>47172997
I have the VHS and also the recut DVD version. The original version is better.
>>
>>47174147
u wot m8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ4k5gjC5Z8&feature=kp
>>
File: DI4RRVc.jpg (126KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
DI4RRVc.jpg
126KB, 1280x853px
Anyone like to put their turntable on a nice soft, bouncy bed when they spin? Sometimes I jump on the bed too if it's Workshop08 xDD
>>
>>47172361
>this is the opinion of someone on /bleep/
this is why everyone hates you
>>
on other news

>>47174071

>Please vote for albums that go in the following categories.

17th - Bleeps / Bloops

which albums are we going to vote, /bleep/?
>>
>>47174190
dont suppose youve got a link to that one bruv
>>
>>47174260
Don't care about /mu/chashitfest
>>
>>47174270
On my mobile I'm afraid. Sorry.
>>
>>47174300
no worries
>>
>>47172361
it's funny because i would have agreed with you until I heard Ghettoville, that album is ridiculously sick
>>
>>47174055
That 6am is a terrible time for a club to close. It's just a bit too early. Personally, I'm a fan of the 8am closure, but 10am is good if you want normal McDonalds food or if it overruns then you can go straight to the pub for your Sunday roast or other local delicacy.

And no, not everyone will be drugged out of their heads. There's probably a better atmosphere later on in the morning than in the 2-4 twat peak.
>>
Something happened last night for which words seem to fall short. But I feel that there a couple of reasons why I need to at least give it a try. The setting: a Sendai experimental live performance during one of the OFFICIAL NUITS SONORES PAGE events in Lyon. Everything before the show was perfect. Great hospitality, good vibe amongst the artists involved, you name it. The one thing bothering both Yves De Mey - artist page and myself was that we had to play a 900 capacity venue, filled with a (very young) crowd expecting techno and being unresponsive to our experimental live set. The opening DJ was playing peak-time techno, another point of concern. But what we could not have imagined was the total and utter lack of respect, the open display of aggression and hostility and finally the attempts to hurt us physically. Already after five minutes into our set we realised that this audience was not going to give us a chance. They started throwing things at us. A coin hit me right on the head. After 25 minutes a bottle of water hit us and our equipment, and we decided to call it a day.
>>
>>47174394
I have NEVER seen such aggression in the context of a musical event. I am still shocked remembering the sight and sound of this mass of mindless, spoiled people who had zero regard for anything but their own immediate egotistical satisfaction. Obviously some mistakes were made: first of all, we should not have been made part of this line-up or venue. Secondly, asking a 3 EUR admission fee will invite al sort of people besides those who are into music - and that's putting it mildly. But even these facts do not justify what happened last night. The level of stupidity was beyond belief. I apologize profoundly to those people in the audience who did appreciate what we were trying to do. I know you were out there, but sadly you were outnumbered by a bunch of egocentric, aggressive morons who had no respect for us nor the people around them. If this is the way things will go in Lyon then you won't see me again.

lgtss

>the French
>>
That's lame. That Sendai release is quite serious stuff.

I can imagine it happening though - it's not the easiest of listens and people do seem to get very upset / offended by music they don't like / understand.
>>
Enjoying atm https://soundcloud.com/la-club-resource/gene-hunt-jackzone-lacr005
>>
Abdulla Rashim in 320 where
>>
>>47174220
>>47174220
this picture pains me
>>
>>47174260
>albums

for fuck's sake how many times is this going to have to get explained to the rest of /mu/
>>
>>47174345
what the fuck, where do you live? in the UK 6am is late for a club. if youre still buzzing by the time it closes then everyone just goes back to a friends house until they decide to go to bed
>>
>>47174889
there's a lot of good bleep albums tho but i see what you mean
>>
>>47174937
yes but albums are not a good representation of this music
>>
>>47174956
what about comps or mixes?
>>
>>47174926
London. The only time I've been to a club that finished earlier than 6am is on a weekday. Maybe it's just the places I go.
>>
>>47174889
And how many times does it need to be explained to the album denying bleep fans that the album format is used widely within various electronic genres, more so in recent years. The classification of bleeps and bloops doesn't just include bleep approved stuff, but genres such as downtempo, electropop and other non-club music which are morely likely to come in album format. And anyway, it fits in with the rest of their format and playing, say two or three EPs/singles, just doesn't have the same flow as an album.

They're all going to vote for Aphex Twin so this is irrelevant really.
>>
>>47174394
>>47174411
Sounds horrible lad, Thankfully I've never been in that type of atmosphere.

Belfast has this rave/techno event called shine that occurs every month or two, Erol Alkan is playing at it this weekend but ill be going to the next with clouds
Anyway, The last one i was at MK headlined, But i was only attending for Marcel Fengler's set.
Because of MK's (Route94 was there too) pop stuff (head is a jungle/always) it attracted the common plebeian and chav/chavette.
Every time i walked to the smoking area or toilets I felt uncomfortable as these people were just retarded fuckwits that could barely speak already, Never mind being off their faces on aggressive anti social drugs.
Thankfully the acts are split up into three rooms so i didn't have to spend any actual time with these mongoloids.

Sorry to hear about what sounds like a horrid time
>>
>>47175118
>They're all going to vote for Aphex Twin so this is irrelevant really.
pretty much
What's going to get in is going to be the more popular album-oriented stuff that /mu/core fans are familiar with and /bleep/ stuff doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>47175172
>not being a chav off your face on aggressive anti social drugs at every jump up rave
>>
>>47174988
bloody hell. in new zealand they passed a law in december which meant clubs and whatnot have to close at 4am. not that there are any good clubs in auckland
>>
>>47175408
Do they start earlier now though? For clubs that close 6am or later they only open at 11pm and don't really get started until an hour or two later. I imagine if they had to close at 4am they would open at 9pm.
>>
>>47175521
nah they start around the same time they did before the law: around 10pm. not that I get there until 12
>>
>>47174988
i live in manchester and here the latest you get is 6am. most stuff closes at 4am...
i guess its probably because residencies are so close to all the clubs, the city centre is a very tightly knit place
>>
>>47175118
the majority of music discussed in these threads is released in 12"/EP format. the downtempo/ IDM stuff is not representative of these threads. ive got around 90 bleep-related records and out of those i think 5 are albums
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szE5D-dPs_Y
>>
>>47175615
but the category for the muchella nominations he was referring to in that post is not for these threads
>>
>>47175615
I am aware that the favoured release for club music is smaller formats, but that vote/most of /mu/ means a wider variety of electronic music when it says bleeps and bloops. it's not just catering to people in this thread. And it doesn't mean the album format is neglected as much as some bleep fans think it is.

And your record collection means nothing as obviously that can be altered by genre, date of release and your own personal interests and budget.
>>
>>47175683
8/10

Would illegally download.
>>
>>47172361
lmao what the fuck does actress have to do with raster noton
>>
>>47173741
start your own club night
>>
>>47174411
>>47174394
holy shit
>>
>>47175759
oh right fair enough, i was under the impression it was /bleep/ not general bleeps + bloops
>>
>>47176212
is /bleep/ not general bleeps + bloops?
>>
>>47176273
Bleeps + Bloops : All electronic
/bleep/ : Electronic dance music
>>
>>47176273
no /bleep/ is underground dance music
>>
>>47176273
/bleep/ is for semi-elitist underground club music, such as music favoured by Resident Advisor. But we hate Resident Advisor.

There was period of 3 days a while back where this thread featured mainly arguments about what is bleep bloop, EDM, /bleep/, and other autistic arguments. Heady days.
>>
>>47176273
no. the title is misleading

if anyone at all has the copypasta for the OP, we need that back tbh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066RJd9GqC8

Thoughts on Paul Woolford? He's playing in my city in week or two
>>
File: kylehall.jpg (81KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
kylehall.jpg
81KB, 720x720px
I just want it for the artwork
>>
>>47176467
his live sets are sick

saw him b2b midland last year, it was a great 2 hours
>>
>>47176273
These threads are for autism house, fedora techno and UK garridge
>>
we da bes /bleep/
>>
>6/7th June Weekend
>Manchester Parklife
>Nottingham Detonate

Everything that is wrong with UK Dance scene in one weekend. Our equivalent of Ibiza crowds and USA-EDM cunts.

d w it
>>
>>47174121
a bit
>>
File: 1391309284638.gif (93KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1391309284638.gif
93KB, 300x200px
>>47174148
>tfw no decent clubs where you live
>tfw only way to feel connected to club culture is to make club music
>tfw never been to decent club so it all comes out weird anyway
>>
>>47176865
That Parklife line up is great and I would be there, but I'll be listening to some shit native with a guitar in South America, probably. Detonate looks shit.

Better than the Glastonbury line up which is basically acid house and Seth Troxler.
>>
>>47176966
move, perhaps?
>>
>>47177002
not really a feasible option just for such a reason atm
>>
>>47176966
>tfw plenty of decent clubs where you live
>tfw work 2-3 weekends a week
>tfw even when go to a club feel out of place
>tfw take 2 days to recover from a night out

What the hell is club culture anyway?
>>
>>47176489
are you an anime fag like lone or something fam
>>
>>47177088
Slags, lads, piss, vomit and multicoloured booze?
>>
>>47177088
smoking weed under train tunnels at 6 in the morning coming down after a dancing like a fuckhead all night
>>
>>47176865
are you mad the parklife lineup is actually really good lol

i'm volunteering so i get free entry. ben ufo b2b midland should be great on the saturday, not to mention snoop dogg
then on the sunday i'm seeing pearson sound, joy orbison, nina kraviz etc.
what's "everything that is wrong with UK dance scene" about that lineup?
>>
>>47177109
>not in someone's back garden instead

so much nicer on a comedown to be in the comforting knowledge that your bed is seconds anyway
>>
>>47177139
and that you wont be able to sleep for shit
>>
>>47177106
In that case I've been submerged within club culture before I could even get into a club.
Red vomit the day after having alcohol blackouts is best vomit.
>>
>>47177159
yeah, i just get into bed and hallucinate for hours about being back at the club. very strange. think it happens when i mix md with weed cos the one time last week where i didn't smoke on the comedown i didn't get the hallucinations
>>
>>47177191
being on a comedown without bud is like being in hell though
>>
>>47177207
yeah the weed just makes it so that instead of feeling grumpy you just feel fucked instead
>>
>>47177159
Valium.
>>
>>47177251
i get to sleep after a night out using my prescription zopiclone

which is ironic because the zopiclone is meant to target the anxiety which was almost certainly caused by drugs in the first place
>>
>>47177234
yea its the perfect cure
>>
>>47177115
Line-up is fine the but the crowd is shit. Past 6 o'clock it all goes downhill. If anything I wish more people were drugged up rather than roid-raging on fruit cider. I'm just bitter m8, last year was ruined for me so I won't be going back.

Going to stick to the dingy clubs full of pilled up bleep nerds rather than the aggressive musclebeach lads.

Some of the orderings are fucking dumb though.
>>
>>47177348
I've noticed that sometimes DJs like to do a set earlier in the day so they can go off and do another set that night somewhere.

Not been to Parklife, but at other places I've had more aggro off people both getting drunk and taking drugs than straight up drunks. And lets not mention the cokeheads.
>>
>>47177348
yeah ok fair enough you're not wrong about that
i just learn to ignore the people and have a little laugh with my friends at the most retarded individuals

and yeah the order of set times is all fucked up. i guarantee that ben ufo b2b midland will be on before 5pm.
>>
>>47177348
>rather than the aggressive musclebeach lads.
i fucking hate those cunts
They are everywhere in this town, vests with tribal tattoos all over there arms
>>
File: whitePpl.gif (986KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
whitePpl.gif
986KB, 500x375px
>>47177088
experiencing functional music: the physical phenomenon and not just abstract patterns of signals
>>47177109
+ this
>>
I can't make it to Parklife because I work during the day at weekends.
Which after parties do people recommend getting on?
>>
>>47172382
Did somebody actually tell you that RDJ is a talentless hack?
>>
>>47177618
That looks dumb but I like having that much space to dance in clubs, even if I'm just shuffling 'n head boppin' :3
>>
>>47177660
Nothing worse than no room to dance
>>
>>47177648
just been announced that there will be an underland-hosted afterparty somewhere in the city centre, 12-6am and underground music.

the one i'd probably recommend most is the zutekh one
cos ben ufo b2b midland are headlining, and it's at 1 primrose street which is a sick venue imo

paleman one at roadhouse would be live too i guess
>>
>>47177660
Just don't wash for a few weeks, people will soon give you room.
>>
>>47177660
>shuffling

absolutelydisgusting.jpg
>>
>>47177618
where do people have illegal goth raves and what music do these mythical beings listen too
>>
>>47177660

:3 ?
in my /bleep/?

get fucking gone
>>
>>47177760
why?
>>
>>47177618
this looks sick i can't lie
>>
>>47177760
I meant shuffling as just sidestepping from side to side. But I just YouTubed shuffling and it seems to be a dance - I'm not doing that lmao
>>
>>47177650
I hear that all the time from people big into dance. I guess cause what he's doing is just quite different to a lot of his contemporaries so its easy to assess unfairly, and obviously for people that listen to a lot of obscure records it'd be easy to be a bit cynical about an artist a load of rockists are into that doesnt really represent the genres that well at all
>>
>>47177810

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fec6dzMsBtA

>i love house music! amine edge & dance are my favourite DJs!
>>
>>47177895
Didn't realise that it was an actual thing but the random few seconds I saw somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the way through that vid looked pretty sick tbh. wouldn't do in a club tho
>>
>>47177791
Sorry m8 I don't know what the suitable emoticon is for that dirty drop bass face.
>>
File: overwhelimingspaghetti.jpg (11KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
overwhelimingspaghetti.jpg
11KB, 250x195px
tfw you cant say alright instead of hello like a londoner
>>
File: dekmantel.jpg (114KB, 428x575px) Image search: [Google]
dekmantel.jpg
114KB, 428x575px
Just bought tickets for Dekmantel. Anyone else going?
>>
>>47178084
>every festival worth going to is either in Europe or Detroit

Fuck being in NYC
>>
>>47178084
anyone going dimensions?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-lFH0floGA

If this song didn't have that over the top screech it would be in my top 5 songs of the year. Ripping off Traumprinz but whatever.
>>
>>47178084
i want to go so bad
>>
>>47178170
I was going to, but when you add all the costs together, plus the fact I'd have to call in sick to work, it just seemed a bit too much for me this year. Great line up though.
>>
>>47178024
How is "alright" a greeting? Where's the logic in that slang
>>
>>47178170
going to outlook instead. better festival but worse lineup. tbh though i dont mind cos ive pretty much already seen everyone that i want to see
>>
>>47178264
I did not know amerifats posted in /bleep/
>>
>>47178024
northerners say this as well
most people use alright or 'yalright' as their main greeting to anyone
>>
>>47178266
man the outlook line up was such a let down
>>
daily reminder that /bleep/ is incredibly overated and if you're at all impressed by anything it's done you seriously need to go back and listen to Darmstadt/IRCAM/New York expressionists et al, hopefully then you'll learn realise /bleep/ is the epitome of a talentless hackdom
>>
>>47178284
I assumed everyone itt was american, do you mean to tell me I've been speaking to.... foreigners?
>>
>>47178313
go to bed ame
>>
>>47178315
mate everyone here is britbong aside from a few germans and dutch
>>
>>47178315
lol practically everyone here is english

>>47178300
what?? it's still absolutely sick, as long as you are into anything outside of house and techno

on the saturday, ONE of the 10 or so stages has the lineup of DMZ, pinch, the bug ft. flowdan, hatcha and phaelah

another stage on the friday has pinch, roska, mumdance, dusk & blackdown, wen, logos and acre

on the sunday, one of the stages has kahn & neek, newham generals, elijah & skilliam, flowdan, royal t and flava d

on the beach in the day on thursday, not even on a main stage, is the lineup of DJ ez, wookie, eliphino, dub fx and hatcha

jesus broaden your horizons it's still a god-tier lineup
>>
>>47178423
and i forgot the contact stage on the thursday. youngsta icicle VIVEK j:kenzo truth and nomine. normally people would come all the way across the country to london to go to contact
>>
Anyone going Boom this year?
>>
Daily reminder that global bass is the only scene worth following these days, Jersey club and bmore club is dead. footwork and juke will never be relevant, Deep House is the new Brostep, grime will never make a comeback, and ukg is for nostalgiafags who can't let go.
>>
>>47178423

yeah outlook is very good

don't worry about that anon - he's just on the hype train. the more dubby side of things isn't as cool as it once was so he doesn't like outlook
>>
Daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder that daily reminder.
>>
File: 1266402323651.jpg (71KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
1266402323651.jpg
71KB, 472x472px
>>47178544
thanks for reminding of these dubs
>>
>>47178594
>grammar errors
>in a dubs post

check these
>>
daily reminder that zomby is total retard shit

daily reminder that actress is good

daily reminder that LIES is boring

daily reminder that delroy edwards is music for hollywood balcony

daily reminder youre not badman if youre not affiliated with LACR tho
>>
>>47178625

Cheers m8
>>
>>47178625
>hollywood balcony

what does this mean?

I like Delroy's attempt at being DJ Screw. His slowed down Funk Album and his NTS takeover were really good. But Teenage Tapes with a mess.
>>
>>47176489

second track is big
>>
>>47178727
for a hollywood balcony
>>
>>47178334

ukraine checking in
>>
>>47178815
pivshov nahoui
>>
>>47178511
>footwork and juke will never be relevant
>>>/fa/
>Deep House is the new Brostep
yeah all the kandy kiddos are ust goin nuts submitting their stems to DJ Sprinkles X You, huh?
>>
>>47178845
I know the elitism is weird, but oh well.

LIES isn't all of deep house. Deep house will never die.
>>
File: cover2.jpg (370KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cover2.jpg
370KB, 1200x1200px
this was pretty alright
>>
anyone here make their own tunes?
>>
>>47179159
yeah but i'm so bad. i just dont have the patience
>>
share em m8
>>
File: 1277625458682.jpg (74KB, 400x365px) Image search: [Google]
1277625458682.jpg
74KB, 400x365px
>tfw listened to full discographies of Kompakt, Perlon, M-nus and Cocoon
>tfw I had to sit through 8 days of content to realize Minimal Techno and Tech House are not for me
>>
>>47179159
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-zyJ-yC3k

I think the guy that made this browses here, he linked it a few times before linking his mixmag set and admitting it was him or something along those lines
>>
>>47179159
yea man what do you think of these?

one of my first dnb tunes
https://soundcloud.com/zachary-gray-3/no-hope

https://soundcloud.com/soul-flex-digital/sfd0008-i-know-who-you-are
^^ thats the first tune i got signed

heres some acid techno i made with screaming
https://soundcloud.com/zachary-gray-3/trapped-in-a-burning-car-1/s-0CEh6
>>
>>47179371
nice mate, sounds good

how did you go about getting signed

do you do gigs (live / dj)?

>>47179307

oh yeah, this is shit
>>
>>47179652
thanks mate

nah i don't DJ, im not that concerned with it until i have enough records to actually play vinyl, then i'l probably try to get booked

and i just sent the label some tunes and they liked them, they're a small label but very professional and it sold quite well
>>
>>47179763
i'm guessing it was a digital only release?
>>
>>47179843
nevermind i just saw the name of the label lol
>>
Daily reminder that jungle is the most innovative and only relevant /bleep/ genre.
>>
>>47179863
ok
>>
>>47179843
Yea it was, right now im trying to get some of my tunes out on wax, that would be so fucking sick
>>
>>47179863
I agree with this fine anon. Still waiting on new Sully and Akkord.

Speaking of Jungle, The Architex - Incision LP reissue was good.
>>
>>47179953
respect
>>
>>47179999
quads

also the akkord is hardly jungle. sticking a break in there doesn't make it jungle
>>
>>47180036
I haven't properly listened to the crossfade for it but they described it as some Jungle type shit, so let's see.

I still have a few R.A.W. tapes left to listen to for more poor quality Jungle mixing.
>>
>>47180209
show us some of your tunes mate
>>
>>47180209
Eat them with a side of milk.
>>
>>47179283

good job
>>
>>47180233
>>47180306
what was said?
>>
>>47180768
http://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/post/47180209
>>
>>47179283
minimal techno has always been shite
>>
going to see john hopkins with my friend hopefully but if he doesn't want to go then fuck it I'll go by self any advice if I do go alone? it's at some little club what should I expect first time ever going to any sort of event
>>
>>47180866
minimal techno can mean anything though. Theres plenty of ambient minimal thats amazing and the berlin style minimal is fucking sick too

Tech house is not the one though, it all sounds the fucking same
>>
File: 1389486444501.png (161KB, 350x227px) Image search: [Google]
1389486444501.png
161KB, 350x227px
>>47179283
>m-nus
>tech house
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqJR5--N0IU
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms_VcxXM-fI

Is this song a specific genre of house? how would you classify it? loving it and want to find more like it!
>>
Can someone describe and/or give some classic examples of tech house?

I don't listen to it and I can't say I'm totally sure what it is.
>>
>>47181509
"pop"
>>
>>47181546
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7EuTu4QcBs

little to no melody, big emphasis on drums

>>47181497
this is pretty nice
>>
>>47172778
>not introducing this by saying "imma let you finish, but"
>>
https://soundcloud.com/themartinezbros/the-martinez-brothers-issshhh
>>
File: 1401383833515.png (1MB, 2280x1636px) Image search: [Google]
1401383833515.png
1MB, 2280x1636px
So i assume most people on /mu/ are american;

how different is your bleep culture? I mean it seems totally alien; the music, the clubs and everything.

Also does drum and bass come undo bleep threads?
>>
https://soundcloud.com/proibito/hs-a-verdigris-reader-previews-prb-006

looking forward to this, sounding like a really nice release. love proibito, or just generally anthony naples does tbh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr4jB6-LkI

LISTEN TO THIS
GO BUY THE RECORD
ENJOY GOO DMUSIC
>>
>>47181789
not a fan of this whole 80s sound myself but i can understand the hype
>>
stop spamming links you cocks
>>
>>47181750
>Also does drum and bass come undo bleep threads?
yes
>>
>>47181811
at least appreciate the guy who made that youtube video
>>
>>47181832
why

it's convenient
>>
>>47181781
Dude, I loved Austien Cesear "There's A Crack In Everything", espacially one year, and that Royal Crown Of Sweden EP. So yeah, I like Proibito, and am really looking forward to this.
>>
>>47181750
lol @ UK bass under 'garage'
>>
>>47181896
why don't you make a comprehensive sub-genre list like that if you can do it better?
>>
>>47181944
would probably make more sense to take uk bass out of that column and rename the column 'uk bass' than to have it how it is now
>>
>>47181781
Yeah, Huerco S is top
>>
>>47181989
UK Bass (and a lot of the other subgenres in that column) are evolutions of UKG, hence why it's the way it is.
>>
>>47182072
I thought it was an evolution of hardcore/rave music.
>>
>>47182072
this logic only half makes sense though. in the same way, all dance music is a subgenre of disco
dubstep, grime and uk bass aren't 'subgenres', they're separate genres themselves
>>
>>47182132
this depends what definition of UK bass you're using. the specific music referred to as 'UK bass' thats been coming out since 2010ish didn't evolve from hardcore/rave music, it's a mish-mash of dubstep, grime, techno, garage, house, jungle etc.
>>
>>47182132
I always saw it as the most recent evolution of Dubstep, which is in itself related to UKG which came before it. UK Bass has elements of rave/hardcore in it sometimes, but I would say it has more in common witrh music that is derived from UKG.
>>
>>47182153
Yeah I know, but I'd think if we did have to categorise it (I don't know why we need to actually but since that's what we are talking about let's just stick with it) then this way would be the best. I'd think that historically speaking UKG is in itself an evolution of House, but it's sufficiently different enough and has derivatives that a large enough to be their own genres to allow it to be a column of it's own.

It's a pointless classification to anyone who knows about the music in depth but it's alright as a starting point for someone who doesn't.
>>
>>47182364
guess so nigga
>>
>>47182132
How does one download a good playlist? Search for one 320kbs song at a time?
>>
^ didn't mean to quote anyone
>>
>>47182520
how else would you do it lol
also why reply to that post
>>
>>47182542
see
>>47182538
mistake.

download albums, or compilations, or a website that has easy playlist downloads or something
>>
>>47182520
i just use soulseek since it's fast so i can download loads of stuff easily
>>
https://soundcloud.com/rinsefm/mumdance-take-time-feat-novelist

new mumdance track is nasty, this really is the next generation of grime
>>
>>47182889
all the new wave grime stuff iv heard has been shit apart from some of visionists stuff. Most of it dosn't even sound like grime at all

old grime is best grime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib7pywtvOzY
>>
>>47182889
YES this is what i wanted to see. glad mcs are actually starting to take the plunge and spit bars over the new future-grime stuff, everyone was scared to up until now. big up novelist
>>
>>47182979
it's just down to personal tastes m8 but this movement has a lot of people backing it. wen's album got a lot of good press (even though half of that was more bassy-garagey). and this track seems to be doing pretty well too
>>
Any grime recs? ik bleep is strictly dance music but i figured youre all knowledgeable in this area.
>>
>>47183082
grime is /bleep/
>>
>>47183082
grime is dance music haha what you on about

my favourites have to be kahn & neek. check out bandulu records. (this is instrumental grime mind you)
>>
130 is electronic music's memerap
>>
>>47183082
grime has always been dance music
>>
>>47179159
https://soundcloud.com/kailimusic
>>
>>47183131
this has to be b8
>>
>>47183082
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6X8bhJL4jYc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAEk-4gDoeo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_gGsGV0wc
>>
>>47183176
lol kinda tongue in cheek
130 is basically a meme on dsf is all
>>
>>47183202
i know the actual term '130' is sort of stupid and a joke, but the music itself is loved on there isn't it? i swear theres like a 200 page thread on it on there and everyone bums keysound
>>
>>47183198
that crazy titch tune is a masterpiece
>>
>>47183229
yeah kinda gets bummed
personally i dont like the grimier stuf that much, boring to me but some of the sorta 4/4 or garagey stuff is cool, just never really got into it, too much of a dubstephead i guess
>>
>>47183176
>>47174086
>>
>>47184068
who even is that guy
>>
>>47184167
It's Luke!Cool the tripfag
>>
>Implying owsla is a bad label
>>
don't let the amerifats kill you, /bleep/
>>
>>47172361
never got into Actress from the bits and pieces that I've heard - what track is his best or most representative of his sound?
>>
>>47184980
loved that Phuture Doom album they put our last year, I could just cop out and write it off as a "guilty pleasure" but can't because it was honestly one of my favorite albums of 2013.
>>
>>47185746
From one LP to the next he varies quite a lot and the EPs in between share characteristics of the LPs that they're near.

I'd tell you to listen to Silver Cloud EP and Gettoville LP but I'm biased towards his later stuff.
>>
>>47178024
not being a cool friendly hip kid saying "hiya"
>>
>>47179307
lol i linked it once & got flamed for it
>>
>>47185986
you faggot
>>
>>47185994
hahahaha
>>
>>47185994
what about this one m8
https://soundcloud.com/grovestreetuk/intrusions-remix-bok-bok-night
>>
>>47186013
Who are these big name producers that you showd /bleep/ to then?
>>
>>47186052
I haven't
I guess someone has been posing as me or something.
the only time i've posted it was when i posted my mixmag mix.
I've been on this board for years posting in math rock threads and shit. starting the occasional night slugs thread
>>
did thread died?
I want to get into AFX/Analord series, but I don't have much preconception about what it is. I love the Caustic Window comp to bits
>>
>>47186505
if you liked the Caustic Window comp check out his Classics compilation (under the Aphex Twin alias)

for getting into the Analords I recommend you go chronoligcally with them, alternative pick the Chosen Lords compilation and go with whatever tracks you liked best from that one
>>
>>47186558
>>47186505
also the Analords are acid techno/acid electro for the most part

but yeah if you liked the Caustic Window comp go with the Classics comp and Polygon Window
>>
>>47186558
Ty anon
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-82P05vgM0

what genre is this tune?
>>
>>47189193
somewhere between future garage and chillbient, i'd say

kode9 is primarily known for his dubstep/techno though
>>
what's grime
>>
>>47189300
Kode9 is the shit
>>
>>47181856
austin cesear is a homie of mine. it fucking depresses me how good he is tho. we'll sit in his room and he'll do live remixes of everything we play off his laptop. not even fair. has like 100000 tracks you'll never hear and they're all good.

he just moved to NYC tho, so SF is now almost totally depleted of good artists. The only good thing we have left is our nice little shop RS94109. if you are ever in San Francisco please do yourself a favor and hangout inside RS.

also at his going away party opening for silent servant he sampled a few of my ambient tracks on a funktion 1 and i think it was the happiest i've ever been.

fuck it if we're posting music tunes here's one of mine. i'm about to start listening to everybody else's right now. i wish more people in bleep would talk about their music i know you all make it.

https://soundcloud.com/odi_me/millerhighlife
>>
>>47172490
DJing in a basement rave
>>
>>47190752
So how bad is the SF scene? Is there some good stuff there?
>>
people are curious about the US scene

i live in oakland, pretty close to San Francisco. I can take a train there in <20 minutes.

our scene is pretty damn terrible. just a bunch of local djs who download stuff off of beatport's top 100 list before they open for flown in over hyped mega "talent". We have pockets of quality every now and then, we had madteo come and play an afterparty a few weeks ago for instance, and aurora halal/ital just played live. but really our scene relies on importing quality talent, and we have no shortage of people who only dj, and do it poorly.

the biggest thing happening this weekend is some fuck from animal collective djing, and hudson mohawke. fuck all of that. god damn alice fucking glass is coming to dj here soon too, for the second time in the past year. WHO THE FUCK NEEDS THAT.

the sad thing is tho, that our scene was really really good for a hot minute, but everybody has moved to either NYC or Berlin. honestly i'm tempted to do the same, but i feel guilty for complaining about our scene considering its pretty okay compared to most of america
>>
>>47190922
RS94109 is the best thing about SF tho. run by the twins skander and ossin (lookout for skander on LACR sometime soon) and their friend josh woods. they are pretty well connected to the /bleep/ world and have all sorts of crazy in store parties. after madteo played that afterhours here he played tons of unreleased tracks in the shop. Ben UFO has played there, fucking tyree cooper, vereker used to just dj there constantly before he moved to NYC. basically anybody who would care about a /bleep/ thread in SF hangs out at RS. right now 2/3 of the owners are hanging with the dance mania crew in chicago trying to buy up some collections. i'm very excite.
>>
>>47178284
>>47178334
>tfw you will never be part of the britbong bleeps scene
>>
>>47175408
Yeah at least in wellington it's meant the rise of decent afterparties that people actually go to, or it means staff are more keen to drink after a gig so I get more free drinks.
>>
>>47177207
I don't really like weed that much so i just drink heavily to combat the comedown and maybe just do more
>>
the only track i like on livity sound is asusu - rendering
>>
>>47189640
Grime, also known as 8-bar, nu shape, sublow and eskibeat, is a style of British music that emerged in Bow, London. It was developed by teens of mostly African and Caribbean heritage, in the early 2000s, primarily as a development of UK garage, drum and bass, hip hop and dancehall.[2] Pioneers of this style include English rappers Dizzee Rascal, Wiley, Roll Deep, Kano and N.A.S.T.Y Crew.
>>
Is there a single artist/act whose discography even comes close to rivaling Autechre's? Not even sure it's possible.
>>
>>47189193
doesn't have to be put into a genre.

though >>47189300, is about as far away from what it actually is as you could possibly get.

mix of UK funky with some Chi-town influences obviously and just kode9 fuckery
>>
does /bleep/ ever discuss any Night Slugs and/or scenes who influence NS?

Jersey, Bmore, Vogue etc
>>
>>47192167
Vladislav Delay
>>
>>47178024
are there really people so posh that they cant say "alright"? that's mad. i address everyone in my life with "alright" and i didn't exactly grow up on the estate. ur just spilling ur spaghetti m8 say alright if u want.
>>
top kek m8s
>>47190842
>>
The idea is to get the vibe going. Then you maintain the vibe with a trance inducing bass and the right lights. See, we’re primal, heading for cosmic, and just when you think we’re in galactic ecstasy, we go acid. It’s hardcore nu-tronic mutilation. Now we get serious. See, we’re going on a psychotically calibrated, electronically executed, digitally compressed, pus-excreting journey to sonic grooviness! The world is coming to an end, but we don’t care, because we’re moon-tan nocturnal, vinyl consuming animals drifting easy through friendly space. An analog trance, nothing can doom this groove; we’re controlling the vibe, manipulating the madness, sucking in the energy and we have cosmic nerve endings that are telling us how to move, what to do, where to go and then we know, that it’s time to let go.
>>
File: 8321398311.jpg (157KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
8321398311.jpg
157KB, 640x480px
Do free parties exist in America? And musics like hardtek, hardcore and psytrance?
Or your only option is to go clubbing with "candy" EDM?
Curious.
>>
>>47192740
night slugs gets fucking spammed in here

jersey, baltimore etc. stuff doesnt though

>>47191600
how
>>
>>47193594
This one club in Vancouver spins psy/goa every thursday. Not exactly a free party, they do typical free before 9:30, $6 cover after routine.

I'd love to know where more hardtek and hardcore plays. But pretty much spot on, the rave scene in Vancouver at least is just all candy EDM ravers.

I'm more of a breakcore, IDM guy when it comes to bleeps and bloops. I'm not big on the club scene, no one plays the shit I like.
>>
>>47194376
thats because venetian snares and aphex twin are, in general, hardly even dance music, let alone club music lol
>>
>>47193594
> not living the dream in berlin or hamburg
> every week from thursdy to monday there are tons of free illegal open air parties with up to 600 people and somtimes 3 or more raves going on at the same time
>>
I'm fairly new to electronic music, but this has been my favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I61WDcSPxO0
Can you guys recommend me something based on this?
>>
>>47172294
OP and his friends dancing to techno music
http://youtu.be/tGgptviHt0Q
>>
>>47195048
lol at dem unicorns.
anyway maybe stuff like Ginormous, Stendeck, Kettel, The Flashbulb might float your boat.
>>
>>47195191
I just kept looking at the qt grill in the back fixin her hair.
>>
new thread >>>47195409
Thread posts: 288
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.