[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They're making it really hard not to think of Gilm as a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 258
Thread images: 55

File: Screenshot_2017-04-12-08-03-43.png (878KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-04-12-08-03-43.png
878KB, 1280x720px
They're making it really hard not to think of Gilm as a sue.
https://youtu.be/e1QCjDPz_1A
>>
>>29849344
>They're making it really hard not to think of Gilm as a sue.
>implying she's not
>>
>>29849347
I just want Glim to have misadventures with Trixie, is that too much to ask?
>>
>>29849344
>Celestia is in a good mood again
yay!
>>
this is absolute shit
>>
>>29849344
So, this learning period Starlight's been going through wasn't what Twilight went through since coming to Ponyville, but instead was supposed to be everything Twilight did while in Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns? Huh. Okay.

But it's got to be different from Twilight's experience, since Twilight didn't know anything about friendship before Ponyville and so obviously wasn't being taught about it in Canterlot. Yet Twilight was teaching Starlight about it this whole time.
>>
File: CAN'T WAKE UP.png (12KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T WAKE UP.png
12KB, 405x414px
>>29849344
yeah, it's not like Glimmer did almost everything Twilight did, but instead of taking years it only took a single year, and instead of relying on her friends, she relied on herself and her plans with her friends.

She just keeps accomplishing everything, pulling horse shit out of her ass to solve problems out of nowhere, and any mistake is soon fixed or everyone forgives her.

I made the mistake of having hopes in season 5. Season 6, while it had its moments, just set up Glimmer to be this all powerful wizard who can do no wrong anymore because she already had a "tragic past."

Now, in season 7, she's surpassed the teachings of another student who surpassed their teacher. This is just the first fucking episode.

For the love of everything that is right in this show, LET HER FAIL AT SOMETHING WHILE TRYING TO DO GOOD.
>>
>>29849381
I agree that she has accomplished everything way too fast and needs to fail once in a while, but I don't think she's surpassed Twilight yet. I think Chrysalis was just Starlight's Nightmare Moon, and now she's going to go learn real friendship lessons like Twi had to. She'll surpass Twilight when she becomes an alicorn or does whatever big equivalent they have in store.
>>
>>29849381
>LET HER FAIL AT SOMETHING WHILE TRYING TO DO GOOD.
>inb4 her "fail" is that she brainwashes everyone else again for no reason
>just to be forgiven one minute later because muh Glimmy is always perfect
>>
>>29849381
They can't even get that right. She fucked up in ELTSD, but somehow it wasn't her fault anyway and it was all fixed by saying sorry. I fucking hate what they've done to such a potentially promising character. Glimmer was a mistake.
>>
File: 1477040667448.jpg (44KB, 507x640px) Image search: [Google]
1477040667448.jpg
44KB, 507x640px
>>29849412
>>
File: 1490615918677.png (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490615918677.png
46KB, 480x360px
>>29849344
>send poochie away
please be true, please god let this happen
>>
File: glitterface.jpg (103KB, 1280x713px) Image search: [Google]
glitterface.jpg
103KB, 1280x713px
>People are THIS mad that best horsie is the best
Damn my f@ms the salt tastes so good
>>
File: THERE IS A POINT.jpg (162KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
THERE IS A POINT.jpg
162KB, 1058x705px
Oh, and let's not forget one more fucking thing

Let's say Glimmer is actually selected to be the one that fails. You know, she actually makes mistake that isn't fully forgiven immediately.

Considering everything seems to go to the extreme when it comes to the Glim Glam, I'm betting right fucking now that her "failure" is gonna be the end of the world, or close enough. And she's gonna cry, and try to fix it, and it's gonna make shit worse, and oh woe is her she can't fix it. It's gotta be the most ridiculous thing for her to fail, because she's so perfect.

and to top it all off, I can guarantee that SOMEONE is gonna swooce right in, fix everything, and say, "you'll fix it next time." And then everyone will have laughs, Glimmer will act like nothing happened, and season 8 is gonna come to fruition.

There's no middle ground with this horse. It's either all good, or become a chronomancer and fuck reality in the ass. Extremes of both sides, so expect the pony version of DOOM to occur in the near future if you want this bitch to fail

Fuck Glimmer, fuck the new writers, and fuck all the time I wasted making these posts.
>>
You guys can have nyx just take away glimmer please!
>>
>>29849344
>"It's time for me to send Starlight Glimmer away!"
Please let it be forever.
>>
>>29849434
>mmmm nummy num num jim & josh's cum tastes so good
>>
>>29849443
LOL
I pity you for getting so butthurt over top cute poner
>>
>>29849452
If it wasn't for the mods being under the payroll of Hasbro I'd report you for trolling.
>>
>>29849344
No one says she IS gonna be sent away. Celestia can just say "no, this isn't how it goes" in responce to Twilight. And also Glimmer can just choose to not go anywhere if she's graduated. And then we'll have a season full of Glimmer.
>>
>>29849464
https://youtu.be/uxw2xkxFjFE
>>
File: fast boop.png (254KB, 600x600px)
fast boop.png
254KB, 600x600px
>>29849463
>trolling
This PROVES that glimmyhaters are underage
Go back to >>>/r/eddit my dude
>>
File: S7 bingo template.jpg (2MB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
S7 bingo template.jpg
2MB, 1600x1600px
>>29849344
Updated.

-26 episodes
S07E01 - Celestial Advice - April 15
S07E02 - All Bottled Up - April 15
In the back-to-back premiere episodes titled “Celestial Advice” and “All Bottled Up,” Twilight Sparkle agonizes over Starlight Glimmer’s future and receives some much-needed advice from her very own mentor – Princess Celestia. While the Mane 6 are on a friendship retreat, Starlight Glimmer loses Twilight Sparkle’s friendship map. Afraid her anger might get out of control, Starlight Glimmer casts a calming spell while the ponies search for the lost map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWGGbfSRk3o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0xRSHnAzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1QCjDPz_1A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oowA7HeglAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khp-LWbyPk
>>
>>29849344
>Send Starlight away.
If only.
>>
>>29849480
TOO BAD
They wouldn't abandoned their New and Exciting star character now would they? No, she's the only thing they care about.
>>
File: 1489784483946.png (459KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1489784483946.png
459KB, 1600x900px
>>29849491
S07E03 - A Flurry of Emotions - April 22
After planning a jam-packed day, Twilight Sparkle also agrees to babysit her niece, Flurry Heart. Butwith Flurry Heart along for the ride, Twilight Sparkle struggles to maintain her title as “The BestAunt Ever” while keeping Flurry Heart out of trouble!
S07E04 - Rock Solid Friendship - April 29
When Pinkie Pie learns that Maud might move to Ponyville, she does everything she can to make sure her sister sees that it has more to offer than just rocks.
S07E05 - Fluttershy Leans In - May 6
Fluttershy is determined to make her career dreams come true with the help of some very special ponies. But when her true vision is not being executed properly, she must find a way to stand up and fight for her ideas.
S07E06 - Forever Filly - May 13
When Rarity surprises Sweetie Belle with a special day together filled with all of her favorite activities, she quickly learns that her little sister is no longer the little foal she used to be.
S07E07 - Parental Glideance - May 20
When Rainbow Dash's parents discover she's a Wonderbolt, they show up at every event to cheer her on. However, their unabashed enthusiasm proves to be rather embarrassing and pushes Rainbow Dash to the brink.
S07E08 - Hard to Say Anything - May 27
When the Cutie Mark Crusaders discover that Big Mac has his first crush, they vow to help him win Sugar Belle’s heart before Feather Bangs does it first.
S07E13 - AJ parents flashback episode

AJ and RD parents revealed
RD: Windy Whistles and Beau Hot Hoof
RD gets visited by her over-enthusiastic parents.
AJ: Bright Mac and Pear Butter, grampa Old Grand Pear
Romeo & Juliet style duet in flashback.

-5 songs
-Princess Luna song
-William Shatner & Felicia Day guest-starring
-possibly Luna & Celestia episode?
Writers:
-Nico Confalone: 1 episode
-G.M. Berrow: 2 episodes
-Mike Fox
-Wil Fox
-no Mike Vogel
-no Dave Polsky
-no Kevin Burke
-no Chris Doc Wyatt
-no Jennifer Skelly
>>
>>29849452
So much asshurt from a pathetic baiter. Get back to /b/ and ban yourself.
>>
File: feed me a stray double.gif (1MB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
feed me a stray double.gif
1MB, 500x213px
>>29849494
>possibly luna & celestia episode
GOOD ONE, BRO!
>>
>>29849491
this bingo is pretty weak desu
>>
>>29849507
shit bingo for shit season tbhfam
>>
>>29849503
>This season, fans will be introduced to fun new characters with surprising family ties to the franchise’s iconic Mane 6 ponies, comprised of Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. From royal sisters Princess Celestia and Princess Luna to visits from Rainbow Dash’s over-enthusiastic parents and Twilight Sparkle’s adorable niece, Flurry Heart, the Mane 6 will experience their most exciting adventures yet throughout 26 magical episodes featuring five brand-new original songs and tons of adventure.

Hence possibly. Could be nothing, but the other things mentioned in the same sentence each refer to a single confirmed episode.
>>
File: 1487943008907.jpg (207KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
1487943008907.jpg
207KB, 620x412px
>>29849344
>Twilight teaches Starlight absolutely nothing in season 6
>Suddenly Starlight is a prodigy
>>
>>29849516
You literally can't win with Glimmer.
Show how she learns the amount of lessons that's enough to graduate? S6 becomes her show and people bitch and moan.
Don't show that? Doesn't seem like she learned anything at all, people bitch and moan.
There's no compromise to be had here, this graduation is too soon for her. It is either to really send her away, effectively writing her off the show, or to make her even more relevant to the cast as not an underling of Twilight but actual character without any personal problems because she graduated and everyone have to respect her now.
All of this could've been avoided with a bit of better pacing and at least some care put into it. But now it's too late. You literally can't salvage her now.
>>
File: Screenshot_21.png (821KB, 1248x795px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_21.png
821KB, 1248x795px
NOW THIS IS A STORY ALL ABOUT HOW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNINwCzSms4&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>29849494
>Forever Filly

Nyx confirmed
>>
>>29849494
> maintain her title as “The BestAunt Ever”
I thought they left these retarded memes back in season 2. Apparently not.
>she does everything she can to make sure her sister sees that it has more to offer than just rocks.
Maybe she'll actually show more than 1 emotion, but who the hell cares about the shoved-in autistic OC pony.
>Fluttershy Leans In
Just great, just what we needed. Another episode touching upon executive mandates, when this whole show is a toy commercial blatantly written by some retarded executive. It wasn't good with Coloratura and it wasn't even good back in season 1 with Suited For Success. Hasbro Studios always has this cartoon grabbed by the tail with no exceptions.

>E06
>E07
>E08
And waste of money right here. Instead of animating some good ideas, they waste money on some episodes nobody asked for and everyone regrets having to watch. I fucking refuse to know Dash's parents personalities because I already know they'll behave exactly like Rarity's parents flanderized to 11. No thank you. I've already seen the ugly rainbow dad with his horrible purple coat, rainbow hair and yellow eyes.

>no Mike Vogel
Don't you worry your pretty little head. He's there. He's there, just uncredited. He had an entire year to fuck up the scripts before he moved to fuck up the movie too, he's a thirsty faggot.

If I have to see another sock-puppeting season without getting paid and given recognition for staying through this drivel, then I'll convince Hiro to call /mlp/ - greentext and ponies.
>>
>>29849538
She's a communist, get her off the fucking show already!

I'd rather spend 20 episodes on redeeming Nightmare Moon herself, and I mean Nightmare Moon, not Luna.
>>
>>29849564
>Oh woe is me, it's such a chore to sit through a show like this.
>>
>>29849573
20 episodes of Nightmare Moon changing from a bitter villian to a good gentle friend accepting herself and those around her would be great desu
>>
>>29849582
Yes, you are awkward and autistic, that's why nobody wants to be friends with you or they want you to be their punching bag.
>>
>>29849344
>Glimmer teaching Twilight about ANYTHING
triggered
>>
>>29849607
>This much projecting
At least I don't feel the need to bitch and moan about every little nitpick. Don't you have a shitty fetish thread to go maintain little faggot?
>>
>>29849355
Yes, because showing actual acts of friendship doesn't meet Hasbro's friendship quota, but telling the audience that you did some friendship lessons does.

To be a pony fan now is suffering.
>>
>>29849344
mary-fucking-sue
I can only hope that she DOES get sent away
>>
File: Big_Jim_Miller_profile.jpg (112KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Jim_Miller_profile.jpg
112KB, 720x960px
>>29849697
>but telling the audience that you did some friendship lessons does
Fuck you, "it happened off camera" is a perfect explanation. Girls love it.
>>
File: twilight-spike.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
twilight-spike.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>
Why is smartass Spike best Spike?
>>
>>29849538
They could have easily given Starlight more episodes to not only show lessons being taught, but also to give her a real personality and hobbies. I would've been fine with that.

I also would've been fine if Starlight never appeared again after season 5. I'm just mad that they half-assed her story arc through season 6 and are evidently continuing it.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 324x398px)
image.jpg
36KB, 324x398px
>>29849494
>Crush on Sugar Belle
Welp there goes my waifu
>>
>>29849921
THIS
she has become a shit character because they aren't doing it right
>>
>when I was in this position you sent me away
to save the world
you know for all the studying you do Twilight you are beyond stupid
>>
>>29849921
>Starlight never appeared again after season 5
That would undermine the effort of the finale, but if she would just be an episodic character of no real importance it would be fine. Just make her a resident of Ponyville with connection to Twilight and m6 and that's all. NSP would've been a better episode if mentorship wasn't involved, ELTSD wouldn't happen, HWT would barely be changed.
She's a wasted potential and that's pretty sad.
>>
>>29849344
>hoof hands

RRRRREEEE
>>
>>29849959
>That would undermine the effort of the finale
no it wouldn't, she literally apologized to "my town" during the montage at the end
they should have left it there since they had no real plans for her as evident in S6
>>
>>29849949
it's like you expect new writers to actually watch the show before writing for it
>>
>>29849344
Glimmer is Twilight, but they realized they were losing some sales because twilight had wings and the character had changed alot in some ways.

So they made a new, wingless twilight, and rushed her through "muh problems" to get her up to speed as a twilight.

Shes a smart, purple unicorn with high levels of magic(see; easily casting magic an alicorn still shows to sometimes struggle with), a troubled past with friendship, has an alicorn teacher she constantly impresses, and sometimes thinks of problems like one would math instead of real, tangible events involving actual ponies.

Glimmer lovers are those who gave up on twilight once she transformed, but now have a new twilight.
>>
>>29850003
Yeah, I can see how this would work out. They could still make her appear from time to time, like Sugar Belle appears now, and it would've been all good.
>>
>>29850020
Glimmer is shit
>>
>>29849482
Is the autistic fucktars from Derpibooru loose again?
How's your dead dog doing?
>>
>All that Mary-sue-
>All that "you don't panic under stress now" the rushed through a while back suddenly being ignored.

Also, I have a feeling that the "sending her away" will be a cutaway to commercials, then resolved right after by Celestia-implicitly-then properly declared at the very end so that shills can lie about it being an overarching conflict throughout the two-parter
>>
>>29849510
Refund your pass, dipshit. Gook's got your credit card info.
>>
>>29849907
A straight man who's in world full of silly people who take thier bullshit seriously is always fun.
>>
Yo Faust brethren, get in.

>>29850149
>>
>>29850020
>but they realized they were losing some sales because twilight had wings and the character had changed alot in some ways.

This is what Nostalgiafags actually believe.txt
>>
>>29850065
What
>>
>>29850237
>p-pls respond
>>
>>29849344
>implying glim isn't a God
I wonder if she had the elements of harmony how powerful would she be then. Maybe that what they're building up too, her turning on everyone.
>>
File: 1491511660630.jpg (60KB, 444x794px) Image search: [Google]
1491511660630.jpg
60KB, 444x794px
This is a fucking Soros funded psyop on children to get them to accept communist leaders. All the astroturfing for glimmer here is so painfully obvious. Fucking commies.
>>
>>29849430
>near end of episode
>"But after all the friends I made, I couldn't possibly leave"
>"Then you are more than welcome to stay"
>hug
>cheer
>credits roll
>>
>>29849344
Good, Glimmer should be a Sue.
>>
>>29850502
Literally a two part episode showing a Orwellian reality when you try to force equality. I was surprised they showed something like that, but I don't think accepting the glimmer narrative is a in anyway a illusion to accepting Marxist propaganda.
>>
>>29850510
>Outside Lauren Faust's home, a single gunshot is heard from a 2nd story bedroom.
>>
>>29850502
...yes true... and that's why we love it, and also trash it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnfM-7py58E
>>
File: 1491112560669.jpg (63KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
1491112560669.jpg
63KB, 250x323px
>>29850542
>>
>>29849437
Calm down Rick jesus. I know season 3 must be exhausting but thats no excuse to vent your frustrations on an image board for cartoon horses.
>>
>implying that twilight sparkle is not a sue
>>
>>29849514

>we find out Celestia and Luna are related to at least one of the main 6

Reading it that way, this is actually rather interesting.
>>
>>29850866
>I'm a shitposting cocksucker who doesn't understand what a mary sue actually is.

If that were even halfway true for Twilight, literally every episode of every season since she grew wings would've been focused on her and her alone.

Nobody with a fully developed cerberal cortex takes Mary Sue accusations seriously anymore because of faggots like you who use it as a buzzword for "character I don't like" instead of an implausibly flawless, implausibly powerful, implausibly charismatic character that makes the entire narrative revolve around themselves, which is something you'd have to be a complete fucking troglodyte to sincerely believe Twilight qualifies as after having the least amount of focus in the mane 6 since MMC and still being the same basic character as before and still being flawed.
>>
>>29850502
>>29850540
I'd say this is pretty much ultimate proof that /mlpol/ was a mistake, but then I remember tinfoilers like you have been crossposting for ages now.
>>
File: 3463463.jpg (195KB, 900x1215px) Image search: [Google]
3463463.jpg
195KB, 900x1215px
>>29849381
I don't get it. Discord failed everyone and everything even after refomration, but Starlight was turned into Princess Sue right after a single season.

I feel like writing stuff had given up one her after S6 reaction to S6 premiere and now rewriting her to leave the plotline.
>>
>>29849491
>loses the friendship map

uhm. what. I'm pretty sure it's a part of the castle. You can't just 'lose' a table that's stuck into the ground via crystals, can you?
>>
>>29851010

>Implausibly powerful

Sounds like Starlight, not Twilight.
>>
>>29851056
>Princess Sue.

Until the screenshots of her with wings get leaked, you got no leg to stand on beyond doomposting.
>>
>>29849510
Yeah, last year was better.
Now the bingo is so uncreative it either contain shit that was leaked in the teasers or just have very generic fields like the creator wanted to make 100% that htis time it will score bingo.
>>
>>29851066
Yeah. She's still missing the "make the narrative bend around her at all times" part though.
>>
>>29849344
>send starlight glimmer away

FUCKING

FINALLY
>>
File: 1489269211701.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1489269211701.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>>29849899
>entire development of Glimmer and her struggle or improvement happened off screen
>>
>>29851056
Fuck, can't Germany do anything right?
>>
>>29849926
Big Mac is a joke character. He will get more waifus and Sugar Belle will be free before the episode end. BM is not important enough to get an actual development that would break the status quo like permanent love interest.

Only Mane6, Spike and Discord have that potential.
>>
>>29851084
kek. The writers are pushing too hard for her to be a character everyone needs to like. Have they even seen the backlash with what has happened? She can't do anything wrong anymore. She does some stupid shit, someone else fixes it, then they laugh it off and go back to treating her like a friend. Repeat ad infinium.
>>
>>29851096
>Discord

*sounds of six sexptacillion Fluttercucks having their jimmies rustled.*
>>
>>29851105
Somehow I don't think they'd cause half as much of a shitfest as the Twifags did.
>>
>>29851065
Glimmer will find a way to fuck it up. It's her special talent, after all.
>>
>>29851114
My thoughts exactly. People treat it as a joke now. Unless you're actually a faggot.
>>
>>29849344

>It's literally the Starlight Glimmer show now
>>
>>29851100
>kek. The writers are pushing too hard for her to be a character everyone needs to like. Have they even seen the backlash with what has happened?

They know, they don't care.
>>
>>29849344
>ooOOOoh dat silly Twilight! she can't even figure out a friendship task for LA GREAT STARLITINI and she's nervous too, THAT'S A THING
I just want my Twilight episodes back.
Why aren't there any Twilight episodes?
Is having episodes focused around your favourite character too much to ask?
Why do they think people who liked Twilight want to watch an inferior surrogate Twilight instead of watching actual Twilight?
The last Twilight episode was 1.5 years ago.
This sucks.
>>
File: glim march.gif (2MB, 353x429px) Image search: [Google]
glim march.gif
2MB, 353x429px
>>29851164
Because she's a shitty mary sue ever since becoming a pretty princess
Glimmy is just like unicorn Twilie but WAY better and more interesting
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1386x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1386x2048px
>>29851141
DESU tho, it's perfectly justified why they don't listen to OUR criticism.
>>
>>29851164
Was that Amending Fences?I feel your pain, bro. Twilight is best pony :(
>>
>>29851173
>shitty mary sue
name five character flaws of Glimglam
>>
>>29851180
Amending Fences came out 2 years ago.
the last Twilight episode where it focused on her personality was What About Discord.
the season 5 ending did technically feature Twilight as a protag but it didn't really focus on her personality and it was just stuff happening to her.
>>
>>29851183
Where do I fucking begin.
>>
>>29851206
I meant the ones that make her not mary sue, not the ones that make her a shitty character.
>>
>>29851010
From now on whenever I see someone calling Twiggles a Mary Sue I'm going to copy and paste this.
>>
>>29851173
What's her personality? What her likes and dislikes? What has she really done besides whine about her past and be good at magic?
>>
File: rare glimmy.png (639KB, 1280x1201px) Image search: [Google]
rare glimmy.png
639KB, 1280x1201px
>>29851183
>doesn't understand that casting spells on people is wrong
>believed in a ideology that was proven to be wrong
>tried to destroy the world out of revenge
>can't do much without her magic and has to rely on her friends like in the finale
>has a hard time making new friends beyond people that she knew before like Sunburst or people that are very similar like Trixie
Face it kiddo
Glimmer is simply WOW! and Twilight is shit
>>
>>29851245
>doesn't understand that casting spells on people is wrong
I'll give you that one
>believed in a ideology that was proven to be wrong
>tried to destroy the world out of revenge
why do you bring up flaws that no longer exist in her character?
>can't do much without her magic and has to rely on her friends like in the finale
that's pretty much every unicorn
>has a hard time making new friends beyond people that she knew before like Sunburst or people that are very similar like Trixie
she seemed totally fine with making friends with Torax and Discord in the finale
>>
>>29851245
>being powerful enough to control other ponies
>did not believe in the ideology, simply used it as a tool for power
>succeeded in destroying the world in revenge. only stopped because she wanted to
>single-handedly saved the day despite all of her friends getting captured. the others were just there for shock value.
>supposed to be an endearing, cute trait not a character flaw

Mary Sue to the max.
>>
File: s7.jpg (300KB, 517x1024px) Image search: [Google]
s7.jpg
300KB, 517x1024px
>>29851164
I feel your pain. People always say that it's the Twilight Sparkle Show but in the end it's her who got pushed out of it. I just want an episode about her again, not about her orbiting others. But that Baby Cakes 2.0 episode is all we're gonna get I'm afraid.
>>
>>29851280
>>did not believe in the ideology, simply used it as a tool for power
Okay, I'm not protecting Glimglam but srsly?
>My village was a sanctuary of equality, where nopony's cutie mark allowed them to feel superior! It was a special place, and you and your friends took it away!
They made it very clear that she did believe in it.
>>
>>29851311
Then why did she not remove her cutie mark? It's a special place for her because she was the one in control. It was a power grab, and nothing more.
>>
>>29851280
>>29851280
>>29851311
also this
>single-handedly saved the day despite all of her friends getting captured. the others were just there for shock value.
Thorax pretty much saved the day.
But I think this one is extremely legit tho
>succeeded in destroying the world in revenge. only stopped because she wanted to
Glimglam has no real "villain defeat" scene. I mean I guess it's good that Twilight managed to win by actual conversation instead of using force, but that's still somewhat half-assed.
>>
>>29851325
Did you not watch the episode?
>>
>>29851073
Well "the creator" is a community vote, so you're kinda just talking to yourself.
>>
>>29851056
>tfw I remember some German but not enough for this to make sense
>>
>>29851325
Because this would be stupid. She wouldn't be able to organize them that way. That's why she was angry in the first place at the beginning of S5, because nobody in the village understood this.
Why didn't Ozymandias kill himself in the Watchmen but had to settle with some "making himself feel all the pain of the others" bullshit? Because he wanted to make sure everything goes as he planned.
Why did Frollo in HoND judge other people for their sins but ended up justifying his own lust? Because he convinced himself that he was simply too weak to resist this time but that he was a righteous man overall.
This is just an incredibly common trope for fanatical hypocritical villains.
>>
>>29851280
Wrong
>>
>>29849494
>-best new writer: 1 episode
'tis will truly be the first shittier season of MLP
>>
>>29849344
My nieces have noticed this, too. They claim they know nobody liking her.
>>29849381
Remember the first time we discussed this on /mlp/? Posters made assumptions that the new writers were SJWs.
>>29850502
The funniest part - they seem to get their own writing wrong Freudian slip-style. Children noticed that in Steven Universe the female supremacy matriarchy gems were mass-produced robots and the only good character was an unemployed man. Think about it: a supposedly "dead-beat father" is evaluated higher by children than do-good alien moms.
>>
>>29849926
Nah, she'll gently reject him, revealing she's been gay with Night Glider the whole time
>>
>>29851358
Practice takes time.

Teal box:
>"After the brakfast and a bath it's time for a walk in the park."
Starlight Glimmer:
>"It's so beautifully calm."*1
Sunburst:
>"Yes, a wonderful day."
Teal box, left:
>"Everyone in the Crystal Kingdom admires Flurry Heart. Especially the librarian Amethyst Maresbury."
Amethyst Maresbury, left:
>"You are so cute, little princess! Let me hug you!"*2
Teal box, right:
>"But Flurry Heart doesn't always find that so great..."
Amethyst Maresbury:
>"You are a cute little baby, do you know that?"*3
Sunburst:
>"Flurry Heart, come back!"
Teal box:
>"Flurry Heart looks like she's about to crash!"*4

*1 translator's note: "schön", literally "beautiful", can be used to invoke the speaker's delight
*2 translator's note: literally "let yourself be squeezed" is colloquial for hug; formal it would be "umarmen", literally arming-around
*3 translato's note: "süß", literally sweet, is colloquial for cute
*4 translator's note: "drohen", literally "to threaten", can be used to invoke undesireable outcomes
>>
File: 14908138772244084.gif (1MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
14908138772244084.gif
1MB, 444x250px
>>29850510
Anonymous, I know you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if that actually happened.
>>
>>29851699
Nobody's joking
It's blatant that it'll happen
>>
>>29851699
Right. Joking.
>>
>>29849926
Or that he isn't her type but they can still be friends.
>>
>>29851742
> Friendzone episode

If Jim cannot be happy then NOBODY CAN!
>>
>>29851033
Shut up, we were here for way long before /mlpol/
And even if it was the best thing to happen to both boards, it's okay it's gone.
You are just butthurt than a bunch of people like us who despite everything we say are more open minded than you, are also part of the fandom and there is not a goddamn thing you can do about it.
>>
File: glimmy cupcake.png (341KB, 1747x1900px) Image search: [Google]
glimmy cupcake.png
341KB, 1747x1900px
>>29849344
>show about teaching small children about friendship
>introduce a character new to friendship with a lot to learn
>She learned all her friendship lessons offscreen lol!~ Hope you like kart racing and stock filler plots! :^)

Hasbro, buddy, pal. I really want to keep liking this show, I really want to like Glimmer, but you're making it hard, so hard.
>>
>>29849344
>reading during a party
>again
Kek.
>>
>>29849344
Anyone noticed how boring and repetetive Twilight is after becoming a princess?
>>
>>29852071
This

This may be the thousandth post to describe this problem, but Starlight got too experienced too quickly. Even some of the stronger characters back in Season 1 had a weakness (Rarity is a respectable mare, but could easily crack under pressure, Pinkie loves making ponies smile, but gets frightened at the thought of losing her friends, RD's cockiness makes her prone to karma). With Starlight, she's an incredibly strong unicorn that, before even joining the Mane cast went on an adventure more epic than any of them combined, and she's yet to have a real weakness that can be sorted out. Starlight's story's structure makes her the sort of pony that should be a one-off, not an integral part of the show's current plot.
>>
>>29852303
and that's when Fluttershy and Spike started to shine especially last season
however,Twilight and Rainbow were the characters to sacrifice instead save for a few eps
the others have stayed mostly the same....sure you can complain about x thing on. x ep but they are mostly consistent all the time
>>
>>29849344
Yeah, but who cares? Twiggles, Spike and Celestia holy shit Celestia gets some actual lines were all pretty good in that clip.
>>
File: season 17.png (287KB, 1031x1024px) Image search: [Google]
season 17.png
287KB, 1031x1024px
>>29849503
It's gonna happen, just you wait!
>>
>>29851070
you do know that one of the reasons that they choose starlight as her nameinstead of the one they choosed before was because there wasn't a copyright on "princess starlight" ?
Sure, it's not guaranteed to happen but let's be honest here, if twilight got her wings this soone, it'll only take her a few episodes for glimmer to get hers
>>
>>29852059
>Shut up, we were here for way long before /mlpol/

...That's exactly what I said you fucking retard.

What country did you come from that they never taught you any reading comprehension?
>>
>>29851485
>"My totally not made up nieces completely agree with me."
>"And also the SU staff making their characters flawed instead of the hyper-aggressive RadFem mouthpieces mouthbreathers insist they are as a "SJW show" means that they're actually redpilled."
>>
>>29851164
You should've thought of that before you sperged out at the staff over her becoming a princess.

You caused this anon. You and every other pants-on-head autist who got your panties in a twist over a cartoon horse growing wings either pissed them off or scared them into not doing anything with Twilight anymore just to get you off their backs.

I hope you faggots are fucking happy.
>>
>>29849344
FUCKING SHIT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>29853337
Or maybe it's because Aurora is a fancy sky color thing that sounds magical like "Twilight" or "Sunset."

You're going to have to try WAY harder than that.
>>
File: 1461115326680.png (440KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1461115326680.png
440KB, 633x758px
>>29852967
NEVER EVER
>>
File: BUT MUH WINGZ.png (36KB, 1347x175px) Image search: [Google]
BUT MUH WINGZ.png
36KB, 1347x175px
>>29851224
How about a screencap just in case?
>>
>>29849538
I don't think salvaging her would be impossible, but it would be difficult. Frankly I blame people bitching to them about it no matter what they do so they just choose the path of least difficulty.
>>
>>29849381
Remember that one time Glimmer brainwashed everyone and created multiple doomed timelines where all sorts of ponies died (using powers that surpassed an alicorn's such as wingless flight) and her punishment was being the personal student of one of four of the most powerful creatures on the planet?

>>29849404
>becomes an alicorn
Wings are just a formality at this point, Anon.
>>
>>29849437
>You know, she actually makes mistake that isn't fully forgiven immediately.
You're such a precious, naive child. I want to hug you and shield you from the harsh reality.
>>
>>29854140
>Lenin rusted Stalin
>Hindenburg trusted Hitler
Retards trusting socialists. What can possibly go wrong.
>>
>>29849344

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>29854144
Remember, this is hypothetical. Anon's saying that it MAY happen.
>>
>>29849437
>>29849381
These tbqh. The worst part out of all of this is that she's unironically ugly as fuck. I physically cannot force myself to fap to her- and let me tell you right now that I've fapped to some pretty fucked up stuff.

>>29854144
Off yourself you pretentious shit
>>
>>29850020
Glimmer was more manipulative and hands on as a villain. But now she's a social dork to the point that one anon has the headcanon that she's playing everyone and is a psycho.

It's not the writers so much as it's the staff overseeing the show. Any decent person would have fixed the problem.
>>
>>29853804
>you can't complain about shittie developement otherwise they come up with other even shittier stuff

i-i don't think you thought this whole thing through my dear
>>
>>29849381
She'll become a princess in the S7 finale
>>
>>29854803
stay mad hasbrosome
>>
>>29849344
moved on to samurai jack, who cares about this dumb show
>>
>>29852303
That's because>>29851164
Nu writers can't make a good princess episode for shit so they just use the same tired gags for Twilight.
Tis truly is a dark time for Twilight fans
>>
File: SmileNyx.png (129KB, 700x599px) Image search: [Google]
SmileNyx.png
129KB, 700x599px
>>29854960
>TFW she'll become an Alicorn before Sunshit Shimmer
>>
File: 1489621502919.gif (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489621502919.gif
3MB, 720x404px
>>29851010
You're really fucking deluded if you think Twilight is not a Mary Sue.
>>
>>29851010
twilight is spoiled by the universe in almost every possible way, the path to success was paved in gold just for her, and starlight, and sunshit

they are the definition of mary sues, and they suck the life away from the series and the actually interesting characters
>>
>>29855063
>N**poster
And trashed
>>
>>29853891
It almost feels like they're feeling guilty about her because of presumably poor reception and don't want to "force her" onto the show, dancing around the idea that she got reformed and should be getting lessons. And this would work if not for this graduation.
>>
>>29855069
(You)
>>
>>29855075
Do you realize this can be said for most heroic protags who got 'upgraded'?
>>
File: sleepy wizard.gif (95KB, 188x270px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy wizard.gif
95KB, 188x270px
Name a single reason why any of those characters have an easier time in life than Rainbow Dash or Pinkie or Fluttershy or literally anyone else in this fucking show
>>
>>29855105
meant for >>29855075
>>
>>29855098
no
>>29855105
funny how you post trixie, the antithesis to twilight and all of her absurd fortune
>>
>>29855117
So I guess Twilight defeated Discord all by herself and the show specifically focused on how she could do it alone without any effort?
>>
>>29855117
True, Trixie is a tragic character, but she's pretty much the only one
You want to say that Twilight is a mary sue because she's strong in magic and Celestia's student?
Then I guess Dash is one too because she's the fastest pony in Equestria and becomes the Wonderbolts' top flier immediately even though they have way more experience.

You're fucking retarded
>>
File: NyxFaceTypo.png (134KB, 1099x1024px) Image search: [Google]
NyxFaceTypo.png
134KB, 1099x1024px
>>29855079
>Hur dur I hate Nyx!
Stay mad
>>
>>29855144
>I pretend to like a shitty fanfic OC and shitpost it for hours on a mongolian rice cooking forum
>>
File: NyxDaughteru.png (427KB, 1600x2744px)
NyxDaughteru.png
427KB, 1600x2744px
>>29855150
She's cute
>>
>>29855131
>immediately
Six years
Have you seen the amount of pics about "why isnt Rainbo Dush a Wunderbolten yet???!' that this fandom has produced over these six years?
>>
>>29855131
>you want to say that Twilight is a mary sue because she's strong in magic and Celestia's student?
When did I say that? Jesus I'm surrounded by morons. Twilight didn't earn the fantastically amazing and perfect life she has, her level or fortune, her fucking absurd level of talent from the very first season, the way she instantly made lifelong best friends, everything about her is undeserved. I don't want to see this little shit win or lecture me about anything, I can't stand her.
>>
>>29855105
>an easier time in life than Rainbow Dash
This is a funny wording.

Let's see season 6. Rainbow Dash does something the other ponies don't like, they get mad at her, and they punish her making her believe that she poisoned everyone.
One month later, Starlight Glimmer does something the other ponies don't like, they get mad at her, then they forgive her right away, and to prove they're not mad they even clean up the mess Starlight caused.

But the show totally doesn't treat Glimmer better than every other pony. No, not at all.
>>
>Took Twilight three seasons and even more to continue learning
>Glimmer learned it all in six episodes
>>
>>29855154
I meant immediately upon becoming one
Did you not watch Newbie Dash where they literally said she was the fastest after she joined in that same fucking episode?
>>
>>29855095
Not bait, just a fact.
>>
>>29855168
(You)
>>
File: twiggles disdain.jpg (11KB, 318x298px) Image search: [Google]
twiggles disdain.jpg
11KB, 318x298px
>>29855157
Twilight worked hard since she was a little filly under Celestia and in her school to get to where she was in the first episode, and stood up to Nightmare Moon alone before being able to piece everything together.
She worked to fit into Ponyville and to get closer to her friends in countless episodes and faced Discord, Chrysalis, and Sombra with them to become a savior of the whole world multiple times.
If you think she doesn't deserve what she has right now then you either haven't watched the show, blocked everything that contradicts your delusional opinion out, or are just a thirsty baitmaster lusting for more (You)s.
>>
>>29855157
>Twilight didn't earn the fantastically amazing and perfect life she has
Starlight "earned" a perfect life after almost destroying the universe and being forgiven.
>her fucking absurd level of talent from the very first season
Let's just ignore that Starlight was more powerful than Twilight.
>the way she instantly made lifelong best friends
Let's just ignore that the shows tries to convince us that the mane 6 are Starlight's friends, despite the fact that their only interactions have been Starlight's brainwashing attempt in S5 and the time she mindraped them in S6.
>everything about her is undeserved
!

This post was bait, right? You were talking about Starlight all along. I can't believe anyone can seriously write this post.
>>
>>29855161
Because Dash was intentionally being a fucking dickhead to everyone.
Glimmer didn't know any better.
>>
>>29855193
>Glimmer didn't know any better.
If you think that that's a good excuse, you could say "Rainbow didn't know that she shouldn't be a fucking dickhead to everyone" too. It's not a good excuse though. Even if Glimmer is absolutely stupid and she didn't know that she shouldn't control the other ponies, she should know that the castle shouldn't be flooded, and she should try to fix that at the very least. She just reads a book and waits for Spike to come back to make him clean everything. It's hard to believe that her "didn't know any better" includes waiting for other people to clean your own mess.
>>
>>29849491
>Starswirl the Bearded

I kinda want Patrick Stewart to voice him.
>>
File: everything you know.jpg (17KB, 406x291px) Image search: [Google]
everything you know.jpg
17KB, 406x291px
>>29855183
>>29855188
Enough! Every thing, every word, every thought that you know is wrong!

Twili.. Twilight! is the one who laid waste to the beauty of this show! Where do you think we are!? There is no future, it's because of her that characters like glimmy whimmy exist in the first place! Wake up. If you were to let go and think about this for just a second, maybe there's a chance you would understand.
>>
>>29851173
Glimmy is worse than Twilycorn without even having the need for wings, that's an achievement in itself.
>>
File: mad twiggy.png (250KB, 427x655px) Image search: [Google]
mad twiggy.png
250KB, 427x655px
>>29855247
Die
>>
>>29855247
are you one of those people who failed at life and now get butthurt looking at fictional characters actieving something, being role models for kids to achieve something in their lives?
>>
>>29855215
>>29855193
>>29855161
You guys are arguing like Rainbow and Glimmer are real people. The personalities and plots of the show are written by writers. Factually, the majority of the people currently working on MLP are fresh and inexperienced. Not to mention, they're hindered by internal Hasbro bureaucracy. I don't know if you guys have been on the ride for very long, but it's blatantly obvious Glimmer and the current state of the show are due to these brand new and sometimes under-qualified writers. You cannot tell me straight face that the show is better in any way besides animation quality unless you're an incredibly new newfag.
>>
>>29855275
>You cannot tell me straight face that the show is better in any way besides animation quality unless you're an incredibly new newfag.
Some of the themes it tackles have become more mature and relatable.
>>
>>29855264
no, I'm just not fond of watching some overly spoiled sow win everything because destiny said so, the show would have more potential without her
>>
>>29855275
>You guys are arguing like Rainbow and Glimmer are real people.
No, we're arguing comparing them as characters.
>You cannot tell me straight face that the show is better in any way
I won't.

>>29855290
Family Guy makes jokes with cancer. Cancer is more relatable than cutie marks. That doesn't make a Family Guy episode with cancer jokes better than Crusaders of the Lost Mark.
>>
>>29855306
>Family Guy makes jokes with cancer. Cancer is more relatable than cutie marks. That doesn't make a Family Guy episode with cancer jokes better than Crusaders of the Lost Mark.
There is a difference between making a silly joke and actually tackling the theme.
>>
>>29855295
>overly spoiled
Where did that even come from?

Also, why are you still here then? It must have been suffering trying to ignore the character you hate for 6 years.
>>
>>29855365
Breaking Bad tackled the theme of cancer. Would a ponyfication of Breaking Bad be a good MLP episode?
>>
>>29855396
Not the exact ponyfication, but if an episode was to be made with similar themes, I think it could've been good.
>>
>>29855402
Welp. As much as I loved Breaking Bad (I'm still watching Better Call Saul), I couldn't disagree more.
>>
File: everything.jpg (32KB, 717x453px) Image search: [Google]
everything.jpg
32KB, 717x453px
>>29855371
why are you still here? look around you. this place is a shithole. twilight is the reason why glimmerfags have been unleashed upon our board. these abominations have ruined everything, they seek nothing but chaos and feed on our carnage!
>>
>>29855468
I normaly only come here for bigpone threads, but since nu season is coming out, I decided I'd browse the board for a while
>>
>>29855468
Kys
>>
>>29855183
>Sombra
>with her friends
No?
>>
>>29855617
>Cadance and Spike
>not friends
wew lad
>>
Twilight IS somewhat spoiled but not beyond what the show displays for Rainbow Dash or any other -amazing- character. Both being innately gifted in mastery of their craft (magic, speed), and doing stuff to hone it (studying, training) and being recognized for it.

Whats different is that Twilight got sent on the path to godhood for something that was the culmination of everyone's efforts in tandem with hers without having an actual interest for it "because destiny", while Dash always aspired for something and earned it eventually from an active, observable effort gained from her own work and occasional help from others. The same also applies to Rarity, who always wanted to get in with the Canterlot elite and made proper connections (Sapphire Shores, Hoity Toity, Fancy Pants, ect) to eventually become a success there and Manehattan over the seasons while keeping her integrity in check.

It feels like Twilight could have been a great scholarly mage akin to Starswirl, who she definitely looked up to, but got sent off onto a different path that was from the left field.

Unfortunately, Pinkie, AJ, and Fluttershy never aspired for much of anything and just take things as they come.

>>29855183
They all saved the world.
Also, Sombra only had her friends being useful for crowd control at best (save Spike), and Tirek had them completely out of the picture till the very end because Celestia went full retard.
>>29855487
Blue Jack pls
>>
>>29851164
>>29853804
She died when she became a princess. The writers had no idea what to do with that, and through the whole of season 4 they tried not to mention it. She even had a song about how she didn't understand her new role, because it wasn't called for and had no purpose.

In season 5 they finally clarified she was the "Princess of Friendship." It took them a season to say it, because going by her attitude in season 3 Twilight still wasn't really all that great at being social. Even now, the royal lord of friendship has five total close friends and otherwise has nothing in common with most other ponies and would prefer to stay indoors.

There's a bunch of logistical reasons why "princess" Twilight makes it hard to write for her, and tied to that are a bunch of logical reasons why it was a terrible idea too. They were NEVER going to explore the actual responsibilities of royalty and government, and since they won't do that, the title of princess has become both ceremonial and meaningless just so Twilight can have it.
>>
>>29855636
Dash didn't even earn the Wonderbolts thing. It was originally unachievable, even for her, because you had to pass exams, graduate flight academy, then finally set your ego aside and work as a functional team.

First show Dash is in, she lets her ego get in the way and she tries to mess with their show.

Dash didn't earn the Wonderbolts. The show writers lowered Wonderbolt entry to Dash's level so that she could get in.
>>
>>29853804
>You should've thought of that before you sperged out at the staff over her becoming a princess.
But I didn't-
>>
>>29853804
>You should've thought of that before you sperged out at the staff over her becoming a princess

More like they couldn't just ignore such complaints and make the change work in a meaningful way to invalidate them.

It was just a bad decision that threw their character out of balance, anon.
>>
File: 1434269447591.jpg (68KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1434269447591.jpg
68KB, 600x600px
>>29853804
>sperged out at the staff over her becoming a princess
I didn't. I never wanted this.
>>
>>29855678
>It was unachieveable
No, we just didn't know the exact requisites for the past few seasons

>Flight Academy
She was already performing well in Wonderbolt Academy. There wasnt anything showing that she might fail it, but I suppose a proper graduation from it would have been a much smoother transition before Newbie Dash shat on it. Either way, she was already out of the Academy and in the Reserves.

>Set your ego aside and work as a functional team
Her (fragile) ego is always written as her Achilles Heel. It occasionally getting in the way is the only flaw she has beyond her temper tantrums.

She's still a great flier who can work with others (WA teaming up with Lightning Dust and calling her callousness out despite how well they performed), and she's capable of handling a group effort (Hurricane Fluttershy), but her ego/image gets ahead of her sometimes, and it gets especially ugly when she tries to make an "awesome" impression.

Truth be told, I always wished she made her own team or something.
>>
File: 1371435275781.png (377KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1371435275781.png
377KB, 1920x1200px
>>29855746
>No, we just didn't know the exact requisites for the past few seasons
This is the worst kind of bullshit and I loathe seeing it as an excuse for the show these days. "Oh, anon, we just didn't know that all Dash had to do was join the Wonderbolt Academy, pass an exam, and then that's it."

Then why didn't Dash do that the minute she got out of flight school you complete double-giganigger!?

And she's not a great team player. A person who would interfere with a flight routine is so childish it's practically never seen on the professional stage. It'd be like if a synchronized swimmer decided they were the star, so they started doing their own independent routine. What would be the point? The entire thing the Wonderbolts does is synchronized, high speed, high precision flying. Who is retarded enough to decide they need to break off and do their own individual thing in the middle of that, and without consulting anyone?

NOTHING implies Dash got into that program by the merits of her own personality. It doesn't make sense that it was so easy all along either, or else why wasn't she ALREADY a Wonderbolt? You think she might have mentioned in season 1, "I'm applying for the Academy tomorrow because it's literally all I think about."

It makes no logical sense and you are thunderously stupid for trying to defend it like this.
>>
>>29855759
>This is the worst kind of bullshit and I loathe seeing it as an excuse for the show these days

Welcome to the current state of affairs. Lets be honest, though - while Dash always wanted to be a Wonderbolt, it was NEVER said up till the most recent seasons as to what needed to be done to actually get in. Her actions were mostly an effort to get noticed by them, but not actually apply. We never knew when she even sent it in, but just saw when she got the draft to the Academy after who knows how long it was processed.

>Then why didn't Dash do that the minute she got out of flight school you complete double-giganigger!?

The hell would I know? Ask the writers, not me.

>Team Player stuff
I already cited an example that she can be. However, like most shit these days, Dash was written to be a total retard cunt for the sake of a conflict in Newbie Dash. I pinned it on her Ego going to her head (again) but this has been a pretty common complaint for the conflicts in general these days.

>NOTHING implies Dash got into that program by the merits of her own personality.
Even not factoring her personality, she has indeed accomplished a number of feats that havent gone unnoticed by their group.

And if Spitfire's their head of command and WA/Rainbow Falls are anything to refer to,
she cares quite a bit about one's capability alone and with a team, hence the WA exercises.

I agree its dumb that it took this long to build up for something so simple, but its simply the way things are, and there was some progression towards it, even if its not agreeably well handled.
>>
>>29849344
Hey, at least shes leaving.
>>
>>29855802
Anon, have you ever heard a chain is only as strong as its weakest link? It doesn't matter if Dash has accomplished things and can fly super fast if the weakest link of her personality is pretty much her entire personality. If that were real life, a bunch of horses speeding around the sky would die if they collided with each other. They're big, heavy animals with a lot of momentum.

In fact, the only real-world analogues to compare Dash to are terrible ones. The most obvious parallels are nepotism, or when someone with a lot of money and power decides they want to be a part of something so they'll pull the plug on that thing if they aren't allowed in. As far as lessons for teaching kids, Dash's success is poison. It's better to be honest and point out that if you have serious personal deficiencies, you need to either work on them or work with them. You can't be an astronaut just because you have a bunch of raw talent and you're incidentally famous - at least not in a case where the space mission is a safe and professional one.

But look, you can use the "we just didn't know that" excuse to justify a lot of really bad and incongruent ideas. They could have the "President of Ponyville" talk to Twilight this season, and the writers would insist it just never came up before. We were lead to believe it was a monarchy, but actually they've been a Republic for the entire time Equestria has existed.

Some fans have a word for this, and it's "retcon". Yes, it's never explicitly been said that Equestria ISN'T a Republic, but it's completely out of left field and nobody would have believed it was. Same goes for the Wonderbolts being that easy to get into. It doesn't make any sense. How is it that the world's top flying team's only requisites for entry is a two-week summer camp and an exam?
>>
>>29849344
will sunbut actually have screen time now?
>>
>>29855258
Oh very clever Twilight. Eat any good books lately?
>>
>>29855665
>They were NEVER going to explore the actual responsibilities of royalty and government, and since they won't do that, the title of princess has become both ceremonial and meaningless just so Twilight can have it.
This. It's on another level to write an episode surrounding day-to-day bureaucracy and princess duties and make it entertaining enough for a whole family, and be able to keep it fresh over the course of 10 seasons.

And if Princess Spike (really the closest we've seen, in the sense of having responsibility over ordinary folk) is anything to go by, ignoring such a monumental change as though it never happened was probably the lesser of two bad paths.

It's also not helpful that it's easy to tell you know who isn't going to budge on letting them try and undo it, on risk of being fired.
>>
.Anonymous
04/11/17(Tue)22:17:50 No.29847519
>>29838455 #
nigger
>>
Guys holy shit calm down it's a cartoon
>>
>>29855892
>/mlp/ ever acting rationally when discussing the show
I've only ever seen it in threads that turn into show discussion late at night on weekdays.
>>
>>29855862
That will be her only scene in the whole season.
>>
File: 1441659526380.png (592KB, 567x709px)
1441659526380.png
592KB, 567x709px
>>29855892
Shut the fuck up, the hiatus is ending and we have actual promos and shit, it's time to discuss it the way we always do.
>>
>>29855949
>>29855862
A better question is why is Celestia there at all? Doesn't she have shit to do? When did she find the infinite free time to start hanging around for Twilight's pointless adventures?
>>
>>29855980
Twilight is really important to Celestia, it's only natural she has time for her.
>>
>>29855984
Yeah but why though? Twilight's value lies in her ability to solve problems so Celestia doesn't have to. If Celestia starts showing up to the Crystal Empire to fail at getting storm clouds under control, or she shows up to every "graduation" ceremony her confused student throws for every sociopath she "reforms", then Twilight isn't saving her any time or effort at all.
>>
>>29855990
>why though
Watch the show.
>>
>>29855995
Fuck you. I watch the show. Twilight pretends to be a princess but doesn't actually do anything important outside of occasionally forming Voltron to Deus Ex Mahcina a villain. Celestia's interactions with her started off feeling like a mentor thing, and she was aloof then because the original writers weren't retarded and understood that aloofness would make Celestia feel powerful.

But now Celestia shows up to random events and gets her ass kicked at all of them. Why even go to the Crystal Empire to help with the baby? Name two things they benefited from her being there that a small squad of other ponies couldn't do.

Leaders delegate. Twilight is wasting more of Celestia's time than she saves. How could a ruler of a thousand years heap enough personal value on a subject that she'd let it interfere with royal duties? Why does Celestia need to hang around doing goddamned nothing? Her time is valuable. That episode where she got stuck talking Cranky Doodle while the other ponies used her to stall for time? Someone should have had a beheading.

They don't even respect Celestia anymore. She's lost to every threat she's encountered, and the main characters of the show don't even revere her anymore because she has the same title as Twilight and she has less magical power.

I mean, what. Do you think Celestia is sucking up now? I get that Celestia is "lol surrogate mom it happens off screen", but in a practical sense, why does Celestia make time to go to bullshit parties if she hates ceremonial parties?
>>
File: 1468015568154.png (141KB, 1024x585px) Image search: [Google]
1468015568154.png
141KB, 1024x585px
>>29856029
Celestia is canonically useless, that's all. She has never done anything worthwhile in the show except for maybe outplaying NMM.

Yes, it's retarded that the political figurehead of a nation is as pathetic as she is, but there you have it. Celestia is useless because the team says she is.
>>
>>29856029
>Her time is valuable
>royal duties
Give me at least three examples where Celestia was portrayed very busy with her "duties". Not offscreen "she's very busy" plot device, but actually in the show. Her duty IS to be there for everyone, including Twilight. You may imagine in your head that she is so preoccupied with something but the fact is that she barely is.

Celestia falls victim to the retarded writing, no doubt about it. How they use her now in the show is a crime and it's disgusting. But to deny her relationship with Twilight is to miss the point of her character entirely. It's not about power levels which are retarded and get more retarded with each season, not about being royalty (which she barely even cares for), not about personal value you seem eager to assign to everyone, not about respect she doesn't ask for. And don't forget her words:
>You may no longer be my student, Princess Twilight, but I hope you know that I will always be here if you need me. Just as I hope that you will always be there when I need you.
>>
File: Celestia2.jpg (146KB, 632x357px) Image search: [Google]
Celestia2.jpg
146KB, 632x357px
>>29856441
Isn't that kind of the complaint, though? You can't argue that Celestia hasn't fallen victim to retarded writing. That's the objective truth. So if you start from there as your premise and accept it, then yeah, she really has nothing better to do than hang out with Twilight.

But that's what bothers me. If you had to come up with an in-universe reason that explained a multi-dimensional ruler, why does Celestia have infinite time to spend with Twilight? Why does Celestia feel so strongly towards Twilight? And don't say it's because Celestia molested her when Twilight was a filly - I think we can come up with a lot of extremely simple reasons to explain dereliction of duties or why the characters have WAY more success than logic dictates they should, but what is the possible, positive, in-universe reason for this mix of love and irresponsibility?
>>
>>29856441
Season 01 made very clear that Celestia's free time is nearly inexistent and she will quickly cancel any personal time she may have if a sudden duty call arises, like when she cancelled her brunch at Ponyville when the Mayor sumoned her, or when she attended the first Gala and Twilight discovered she had zero time to enjoy it as she had to greet every fucking guest.

Unfortunately, this aspect of Celestia was quickly forgotten once McCarty took over Faust.
>>
>>29856507
Celestia is under-developed in the show and after S1 she started to fade away from being relevant. At some point her agenda changed, her character changed and her relations with Twilight changed. It was as if in earlier season she indeed planned a lot of things through to guide Twilight behind the curtains. She didn't just send Twilight to learn the magic of friendship, she told her to write letters after every lesson. And she did use those reports to basically save Twilight in RoH. All of this was important to her. Twilight wasn't her star pupil for nothing, she had hopes and plans for her and she knew that without some direction Twilight would've been lost.
It was Celestia's responsibility as a mentor and a mother figure that Twilight adores and respects unconditionally to be there for her when she needs it. Failure is a mean to learn, and of course Twilight would fail more times than not. Celestia always believed in her, it was ok to fail as long as she accepts it and learns from it. That was the whole point.
She did have business in S1 but it was also plot points, not just everyday stuff she deals with because that wasn't really shown (just as her daily life). Twilight meanwhile was a personal investment and seeing how Twilight protected Equestria more than one time I'd say it was a right decision to pay attention to her pupil rather than some bureaucratic junk she has (presumably) to deal with. Raising Twilight is basically an official business, it's investing in the only pony who can use the magic of frienship, and then a political unit, royalty and probably a successor.
In the perfect world when we have writers caring about the show this relationships would bloom in full force, from a dependent pupil to an equal. Imagine just how many powerful stories we could've gotten if that was the case. Sweeping Celestia under the rug and turning her whole Twilight plot into "destiny" instead of actual learning process and proper graduation is such a loss.
>>
File: hqdefault39.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault39.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>29855678
Will you fuck off with your Dash hate for one season? Nobody cares that the cool girl punched you in the nose because you were staring at her.

Look at the wonderbolts instead. Complete character assassination.

Spitfire is no longer a calm laidback member of the wonderbolts. Soarin and Spitfire are not equals. Fleetfoot and everyone on the wonderbolts is an evil-spirited idiot obsessed with ego instead of fame and sabotaging everyone. That old grey-haired male pegasus sabotaged Dash's attempt at breaking his record because he knew she was better than him. (Rarity Investigates).
The Wonderbolts instead of being a simple comfy stunts team about fun ...has been turned into a military base full of idiots and try-outs. There's a fucking landing strip on a cloud!! There is a landing strip on a cloud. Pegasi are not airplanes!!!

There should be no try-outs. I'd rather it be an exclusive secret club like it was always meant to be. Like most of these things are handled in real life and every cartoon involving a "cool gang".
But instead of the "blackjacket-wearing asshole cool kids gang" it would just be a normal laidback cool gang full of talented individuals. It would have been refreshing just like most of the characterizations for all 6 ponies in season one.

Instead WE GET THIS, THIS fucking SHIT. This is just sick even for you. It's a living nightmare and I've been living it since 2008. Good cartoons are dead. At least let me have my nostalgia group that rants about them before I snap the board in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZoXep3Ax70
http://www.toon.is/dexters-laboratory-3x09-topped-off-dee-dees-tail-no-power-trip-video_e52b0a77d.html
>>
>>29856816
>There's a fucking landing strip on a cloud
>implying you don't need space to reduce momentum when you land
>>
File: 1148561.webm (1B, 486x500px)
1148561.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>29856856
>>
>>29856870
Very high-speed flight you have here.
>>
>>29856870
>dashes tail doesn't move at all
>Spitfires acts like a fucking rock
>Scoots goes wild.

holy fuck i dont usually even notice small details and if this is the pain they bring i hope i never do again.
>>
>>29855678
>>29856816
From a third perspective: You're both right. These two positions are not mutually exclusive. In fact, you're practically saying the exact same thing.

The Wonderbolts are absolutely one of the worst victims of character destruction in the show, coming in somewhere after Celestia and at times other characters. The writers wanted to have them be flawed characters, but instead of stepping carefully around character development they pole-vaulted straight into "complete assholes" - and don't even get me started on that bizarre pseudo-airport shit that shows up. This is hardly the only time this has happened to characters, but unlike others - the M6, for instance - the Wonderbolts never even bother getting redeeming moments to counterbalance the shit that has been heaped on them, or even hints of a remotely reasonable rationale behind their behavior. We're just told to expect that a closely-knit team of high-risk performers are more abrasive than sandpaper wrapped around a cheese grater, because "that's how it is".

And perhaps they needed to be reduced to a pile of hypercompetative jerkwads for the writers, because that was literally the only way for them to jam Rainbow into the team with the absolute bare minimum of "development" she's seen. The thing about being on a team like that is you don't just need golden moments of cooperation where everyone comes together, but you need to be absolutely in sync all the time - everyone willing to pull their weight whenever needed - or shit's going to go downhill fast. Rainbow is not at that level yet; certainly she's shown many moments, many positive lessons learned - but not yet at the level where she is suitable for a team like that, as her very introduction to being on the team shows. So yes, even aside from the Wonderbolts' characterization being lowered to make Rainbow less jarring, the actual barriers to entry have been lowered as well.
>>
>>29856912
Which is a real fucking pity, because you know what would have been a great formative moment for Rainbow Dash? Spitfire - S1/2 era chill, reasonable Spitfire - taking her aside and telling her that she's got to do something about that attitude. That she's got all the flight skill they could ever want, but needs to get a grip on her ego and learn to be a constant team member before she'll have a shot. But not to give up - because there's a still a spot waiting for a flyer as good as Dash is, if she can learn to be a real team player.

Something like that might be the motivation Rainbow needs to open her eyes and work on being an impulsive egotist.

>>29856856
>>29856870
>>29856884
It's got nothing to do with velocity, and everything to do with that a tarmac strip doesn't make sense for a species that can physically interact with cloud. Runways exist because fixed-wing aircraft need room to take off/land during which the ground beneath them can bear their weight; for several reasons, pegasi need no such thing.

In fact, it could be actually harmful to come in at speed on a hard surface like that.
>>
>>29856946
>Something like that might be the motivation Rainbow needs to open her eyes and work on being an impulsive egotist.
And then we would probably get a proper episode where she learns discipline with Twilight through actual hardship instead of being "differently abled" with her unique snowflake learning method.
>>
>>29856912
>character destruction
The Wonderbolts have been good-for-nothing idiots since their very first appearance, that time that they couldn't save Rarity. Confirmed again later, that time that they couldn't save Rarity. There isn't any destruction, they have never been anything else.

It still made sense that Dash wanted to be one of them. Not because they were special, but because they were famous. The best ending for this arc would have been that Dash finally realized that they're fucking imbeciles. But instead, the writers try to convince us now that they're actually a great team, something we've never seen on the show. It's completely fucked up.
>>
>>29856972
I don't get why she didn't form her own damn team with Soarin and poach a bunch of the Wonderbolts for a better team.

Would have been great to see her tell off Spitfire for trying to push bullying and hazing off as "making a team strong." Oh well.
>>
File: 136303477591.png (121KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
136303477591.png
121KB, 600x600px
>>29849344
>Sending Starlight Glimmer away
>>
>>29856708
underrated post
>>
>>29857000
But it's Wonderbolts that are popular, it's them who get to perform at the Gala, it's them who have all this history. What would be her motivation to form her own team?
>>
>>29857023
Make a better team that isn't shit and let ponies know how shit the Wonderbolts were.
>>
>>29857040
No matter how shit Wonderbolts actually are they still hold a lot of symbolic and historical value. You can't just denounce RAF, if anything the proper thing would be to change them into something they once were, something that's only a legacy now.
>>
>>29857059
>change them into something they once were, something that's only a legacy now.
Uh, this could be really nice. But I'm not sure how could they do it without making Dash look like a super-Sue. Also, I think that they're pretending that the Wonderbolts are already great, ignoring all the episodes where they were proven jerks. But, yeah, I dig this idea.
>>
>>29856972
So, wait - because a completely unflightworthy pony blundered into a highly active flight zone, then lost her wings and fell while flailing in a mad panic, injuring three fliers who immediately and in cooperation moved to assist her...

...this makes them a team not worth joining?

I mean, fuck - that's pretty much the absolute definition of worst-case scenario for a mid-air rescue operation: Trained rescuers can and do die (often along with the victim they are trying to help) because said victim is panicking in an environment unfamiliar to them. The fact that the Wonderbolts promptly and in coordination moved to assist anyhow is a massive point in their favor.

Explain to me how again this proves that they're incapable of a team?
>>
>>29856965
She's a "savant". It's not being "differently abled", it's actually a rare and nearly magical gift that a very, very, very limited number of people have. It manifests in various ways, but it's usually an odd memory quirk and it commonly appears in people who have other mental disorders. One guy had an episode of epilepsy but was otherwise a normal functioning adult, and he could remember numbers to absurd lengths. He described numbers as though they had tastes and colors - he had a strange emotional connection to what most of us view as data.

Most savants are severely retarded, but they're skilled. One good example is a retarded man who can perfectly sculpt animals from memory. He makes a living by producing beautiful statuettes.

The writers gave Dash a one in a million mental super power for one episode so she could pass the Wonderbolts test. That's how far we had to reach to get her where she is now. You could call it bad writing and I think I'd agree.
>>
>>29857081
Unfortunately a lot of proper fixes to the show require a lot of time to spin. For example, accept them as jerks with a legacy noble facade in front of them. Dash having her illusions about Wonderbolts shattered doesn't want to settle for it and tries to appeal to what Wonderbolts stand for. But she can't exactly lead right away and even if that was the case she's not a team player. So for her to actually reconstruct her dream Wonderbolts she would have to earn a respectable position, learn how to be in the team, learn how to lead fairly, learn discipline, learn how to inspire. Lead by example, make the team respect and uphold values that made Wonderbolts such a legendary unit in the first place. If this is what she wants she would have the motivation to do whatever it takes, even if it's a slow process. That's just one way to approach it but shit, it would make a spin-off series on its own. Just like Celestia's problem discussed above. There's so much depth to be had if only someone would be willing to dig. As it stands it's hard to even approach this topic in the show without anyone going OOC.
>>
>>29857081
>But I'm not sure how could they do it without making Dash look like a super-Sue.
easy, just do what they're already doing (sans newbie dash)
>wonderbolt does something unethical
>RD demonstrates the ethical way to handle the situation
>wonderbolts observe and follow her example

I'm pretty sure Meghan's original plan was to have RD reform the wonderbolts from within, considering all her seasons had an episode that follows this formula. It's too consistent to be accidental and would go along well with the theme of reformation that was persistent throughout Meghan's tenure.
>>
>>29857087
Well, failing the first time didn't make them immediately useless. And same with the second time, they faced a huge dragon, something that they probably didn't do before, whatever. But even if failing both times isn't enough to prove them as idiots, there isn't a single feat that makes them a competent team. They achieved nothing. Not even the fact that they were guests of honor in the Young Fliers Competition makes them worthy, they could have been clowns and still be there.

The fact that they changed from a team that had done literally nothing good into a bunch of complete idiots in Rainbow Falls is unfair, but that episode ruined nothing because there was nothing to ruin to begin with. And Newbie Dash trying to convince us that they're actually a great team when we have never seen it is just ludicrous.
>>
>>29853796
>he doesn't have siblings
>he doesn't have a brother who's constantly out working
>he doesn't have a sister-in-loo who's the same
>he doesn't try to be a good influence for his family
>he doesn't have time because he's working in a shit job
I don't even want to watch the movie but their parents are away. Again.
>>
>>29857130
>>29857256
Kinda agree with you both. I think that it would have been much easier for Dash to make the Wonderbolts a better team before Newbie Dash, but it would be much more difficult now that she accepted her position.

Unless there was something that shaked up the status quo. Now, if we get Lightning Dust here somehow, this could be something quite interesting.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>29855247
Aku shut the fuck up and stop trying to slander Jack.
>>
File: (((you))).jpg (11KB, 301x164px) Image search: [Google]
(((you))).jpg
11KB, 301x164px
>>29855069
>>29855095
>You're really fucking deluded
LookEveryoneI'mProjecting.jpg
>>
>>29854799
>"If I harass the staff en mass for months on end because Hasbro told them to give a cartoon horse wings, that will TOTALLY encourage them to work out the kinks! Especially if get on their case anyway if they actually try do so because "FUCKING SPOTLIGHT STEALING MARY SUE!!!" is a totally not-buzzword way of critique."
>>
>>29855247
Wise words of truth.
>>
>>29857901
Hello, Jim. I hope you like radiactive fallout.
Thread posts: 258
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.