[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 13

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 1

File: 1483364224436.png (4MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1483364224436.png
4MB, 2000x1333px
It is a time of legend.
Six months passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned him into stone, but now their glorious vision for ponykind is in ruins.
Solar and Night Guard who once have fought side by side against abominations of the chaos god are now locked in a brutal civil war.
Nightmare Moon musters her forces, Castle of Two Sisters the object of her wrath. Celestia herself waits for her wayward sister there.
As the flames of war spread through the Equestria, ponykind will be put to the ultimate test.

Catch up here: https://www.anonpone.com/dhour/

Current objectives:
-Get a carriage to Trotvale after 2 days

Inventory:
Night Guard armor with chainmail
2 javelins
Halberd
Deer sword (poisoned)
1 'anti-hungover' potion
1 healing potion
14 bits
Notebook

Previous thread:>>29670271
>>
"Please forgive me for being too concerned about stopping Celestia and trying to improve my magic skills." you sighed, rolling your eyes.
"You know, you could have done it after we all got a room and then you can do whatever you want with this little book of yours. I am pretty much opposed to the idea of sleeping on the streets, you know?"
"Fine, fine." - you pouted, returning the book to your saddlebags - "But there's nothing bad in reading for a couple of hours. We still have two days left."
"From what I have seen, it would take a lot more than a couple of hours for you to finish it." - she snorted.
"All right, I got it." - you got up from the chair and walked towards the exit.

Soon you reached the cantine, Arcane and Word patiently waiting for you.
"So where has our commander been?" - Lunar Mage inquired his voice politely neutral.
Before you could excuse yourself, Gust spoke up: "I found her in a library, surrounded by a pile of books. She is turning to be just like you, isn't it sweet?"
"Seriously?" - Arcane gave you a surprised look - "Well, I would say that it's a pleasant surprise."
"Yeah, well, there was only one book. Still sorry for the delay." - you cracked a smile - "And also, I have a message for you, from sergeant Ancient Tome."
"A message?" - he raised an eyebrow.
"She wanted to say that she, as well as the other Lunar Magi wish you luck in your studies, despite, well, having some negative feelings towards your actions."
"I see..." - he muttered after a brief pause - "Thanks at least for that."
Again, silence hung in the air for a couple of painfully long seconds.
"I think it's time for us to pick our gear up, don't you think?" - Gust suggested, trying to change the topic.
"Good idea." - you nodded, and your group moved to the armory.

1/2
>>
>>29685819
2/2

You couldn't help but be surprised when you noticed that your equipment had been cleaned up in your absense.
When you were preparing to put on your armor, a note fell out of it. Curious, you levitated it and read it to your companions:
"Agent Rime.
Since the hasty departure of general Perturbation, I assumed that you might have troubles in finding an appropriate housing, and as such have decided to assist you in this task.
If you would be so kind to hurry at colonel Fortified Position's office as soon as you read this letter, I would be most grateful to give you the keys from your new room.
Yours sincerely, A."
As soon as you finished reading the note burst into flames and became nothing more than a pile of ash in a blink of an eye.

Your actions?
>>
>>29685826
Hey arcane can you make letters that burn themselves after reading because that could be handy.

Go see the Colonel.
>>
>>29685826
I forget is this our first time meeting a colonel or was the pony who gave us our orders at the start of the quest one?
>>
>>29685852
Oh also >>29685829 this.
>>
>>29685852
>>29685856
Oh I just had an idea we could have him make paper with a few minutes delay on the spell we can use to make promises of payment of debts nobody will be able to prove we made. Do not mention this though.
>>
>>29685893
Although Arcane did say magic on a delay is very hard to do, presumebly triggers like this paper are a lot easier though.
>>
>>29685829
>>29685856

"Now that was a neat spell." - you muttered - "Arcane, any chance you can do something like that?"
"It's not just a delayed spell. As far as I can tell the timer is supposed to be triggered after a certain condition - like applying your magic to the object for example - and installing such triggers is beyond my competence." - Arcane shook his head - "So no way."
"That's unfortunate." - you replied - "Well, it's time to pay this colonel a visit. What regiment is under his command, by the way?"
"He's from a local garrison. 2nd Cloudsdale, if I recall." - said Gust.
"Well, works for me. We'd better hurry though." - you said and after retrieving your gear, you moved to look for the colonel.

Soon you have found colonel's office. The door was open, so you looked inside, unsure if you could enter or if he was busy.
An earth pony stallion was sitting behind the desk facing the door, and he would have probably noticed you, if he was not talking to a unicorn mare, whose fur and mane colors were surprisingly similar to the ones of Alef.
Before you have managed to announce your presence, Gust nudged you in the ribs.
"Hey, look at her butt." - she whispered, throwing a glance at the mare's flank
"What? Damn, Gust, it's not the time for-" - you hissed in protest.
"Just look, damn you!" - she sounded surprisingly serious, so with a snort you decided to throw a glance at her ass.
There was nothing unusual about it... except that here and there you could see patches of white fur surrounding her intimate parts.

Your actions?
>>
>>29685905
Either she is into even wierder stuff then you Gust or we should wait outside.
>>
>>29685905
Would it be relying to heavily on meta knowledge to suggest maybe she dyed herself to disguise as Alef and the dye on her arse is starting to fade.
>>
>>29685912
>>29685922

"Well, perhaps we'd better wait outside." - you replied. Gust again tried to protest, but before she managed to speak a thought came to your head - "Wait, you mean it's paint?"
"Precisely!" - ascended pegasus victoriously grinned.
"If she wanted to disguise herself, why did she chose paint then?" - Arcane pondered - "There certainly are disguise spells that work much better than paint."
"And aren't there spells that counter such disguise?" - Gust inquired.
"Well... yes, I suppose there are." - Lunar Mage admitted - "So theoretically paint would be your best bet when infiltrating a place with magical security systems."
"That place doesn't look like it has such systems." - Gust frowned - "But I still bet that she is an infiltrator."
"Ponies using such spells inside your HQ are rarely up to any good, so there are obviously some charms or enchantments. If you do not seem them, it doesn't mean that they do not exist." - Arcane replied.
"But why did she disguise herself in the first place?" - asked Last Word - "She is a mare and Alef is a stallion."

Your actions?
>>
>>29685946
Maybe noone actually knows what gender Alef is. And the colonel either seems pretty convinced, or he's good enough actor to lull her into false sense of security. We can't go there and just tackle her, thou. Perhaps we could fetch a bucket of water to get the paint off her.
>>
>>29685946
They probably have multiple ponies calling themselves by that name, they must go for some physical variety to keep people guessing who the real Alef is.
>>
>>29685946
This
>>29685966
It is meta knowledge as hell but I am ok with that.
>>29685960
I am pretty sure she is friendly anon.
>>
Sp what exactly is going to be your course of action?
Wait/ask for keys/anything else?
>>
>>29686044
Let's wait but keep an ear on there conversation, this may be a test of our information gathering skills.
>>
>>29686053
This.
>>
>>29686053
>>29686066

"Maybe he - or she - just likes messing around and has a bunch of identities. Maybe there is more than one pony. Maybe both. The only thing in which I am sure is their love for over-conspiration. Well, maybe we could get a bucket of water somewhere to check your theory, but I think she is friendly."
"Then the paint would have been applied better, don't you think?" - Gust grunted - "Besides, I doubt that such paint would be easily washable by water."
"I am still sticking to my opinion." - you replied - "But perhaps it is a test of sorts."
"Sounds legit." - shrugged Arcane - "So we wait?"
"Yes." - you nodded. Then you moved out of the doorframe and began to listen.

"- why can't you agree on those security protocols?" - you heard a tired masculine voices - "Classify the documents, reveal the documents, destroy the documents, make copies of the documents..."
"That's our job - we should always be ahead of the enemy." - the mare sternly replied.
"Yes, yes, I understand." - the stallion sighed - "Good luck hunting those spies."
"Thanks." - mare smirked, and began moving towards the door.
Then she emerged out of the room, levitating a weighty folder filled with various papers. As soon as she noticed your group waiting near the door, she emitted a small yelp of surprise, but quickly regained her composure.
"You can report to the colonel now." - she said, preparing to walk away.

Your actions?
>>
>>29686095
I do not believe for a second she did not know we were there. Go inside and talk to the colonel, take note of which direction she is heading in you never know what might be useful information.
>>
>>29686095
I don't trust her in the slightest. Can we take a peek at the papers?
>>
>>29686095
We should take the chance to look at her arse again but in a more sexual manner.
>>
>>29686104
>>29686107
>>29686114

"Come on, you did not know that we would come?" - you innocently asked. Mare stopped in her tracks and you used the chance to throw another glance at her ass.
That was definetely unskillfully applied paint.
"Why should have I been expecting you?" - she asked, turning her head towards you. She sounded utterly confused. Unfortunately, she managed to trace the direction in which you were looking.
"W-what are you looking at?!" - mare exclaimed, but you just wiggled your eyebrows and asked another question.
"So can I take a peek at those documents?" - you purred.
A tiny cloud of magic smoke appeared at the tip of her horn, and in a blink of an eye it had expanded so much, that it entirely covered your body, and, you assumed, your companions too.

Your actions?
>>
>>29686190
Hold your breath. We were assaulted m8s. Time to tackle.
>>
>>29686190
This was a mistake
Duck.
>>
>>29686192
Now is not the time for fighting.
Duck into the colonels office.
>>
>>29686192
>>29686202
>>29686218

You do as your instincts command - hold your breath and duck. Your decision proved to be the right one, as a pair of hindlegs kicked the air, or rather smoke, where your head was moments ago. While your mind demanded a tactical retreat, you just could not miss such opportunity, so you threw your forehooves in the air. A thought that luck was on your side today crossed your mind, as you managed to intercept mare's hindlegs. Then you puleed them towards the ground and with a surprised squeak infiltrator sprawled on the floor. An enraged scream came from the colonel's office and a second later the smoke dispersed, pushed away by Arcane's magic.
You glanced inside the room only to see that colonel was being pacified by a pegasus mare, who again had exactly the same mane and fur colors as Alef. You could not imagine how did she get inside, since the room's only window was too small for anypony to squeeze through.

Your actions?
>>
>>29686347
Let"s leave this to the others to explain they are better at it this us.
>>
Aaaaah. I slept well this morning. Oh neat, Darkest Hour is back on. Let me just take a peak at the thread -
>reminder of some anon that wanted to read a little long and forgot about companions
>anons nearly let a spy escape with documents
Ok to me fair I guess she didn't, but still. Whatever.
>>29686347
Gust, intercept the pegasus and aid the colonel. Arcane, if no one else appears help me restrain this mare or help Gust.
Now what should Rime do with this mare? Maybe, use telekinesis on a javelin to whack the mare on the back of the head to knock her out. Unless her helmet is cushioned, which it shouldn't be, it should work.
>>
>>29686347
Get on this mares back and sensually stroke her horn with our tongue. Would any of you suspect your assailant to do that? I doubt it.
Also knock her out before she shakes herself from her stupor.
>>
>>29686450
This is probably our best bet
>>29686455
What no she is not a fucking spy we look like spies here.
>>
>>29686472
I don't understand. Can your expand upon this?
>>
>>29686583
This mare is not an enemy spy, she is just another member of Alef group.
>>
>>29686593
I guess that's a possibility. Then again, the Alef group is supposed to be a rumor, and these mares being here is like breaking their own protocol, you know? So I have my doubts for them actually being a part of the Alef legion.
>>
>>29686688
They are known to captain and higher.
>>
>>29685960
We meet Alef not too long ago. The person we meet was most certainly a stallion.
>>
>>29686722
Theres always the possibility that these are spies posing as Alef people. Why else would they pacify the colonel?
>>
>>29686450
>>29686455
>>29686467

You hastily unstrap one of your javelins from your armor and strike the infiltrator at the back of her head with the blunt tip. To your satisfaction she quickly falls unconscious.
"Good job there!" - pegasus mare hails you, grinning widely - "I actually thought you would attack her the moment she leaves the room, but hey, everyone should be wrong once in a while?"
"Eh, excuse me, and who are you?" - you carefully inquired.
"Name's Alef, but you had probably guessed it already." - she smirked - "I suspect you want prooves after what happened now, so I have two options. First - the keys I was supposed to give you." - she pulled a keyring out of her saddlebags and launched it towards you - "And second - if you still suspect me, I can retell you the story about your little adventure to a certain cave, what do you think?"
"J-just why you were hiding there all this time?" - colonel spoke up while you were struggling with a response.
"To ensure that everything goes according to plan of course." - she shrugged, turning towards the earth pony stallion.
"You know, you could have warned me that the spies were posing as one of your people!"
"Well, if she knew that you have been warned, she would have tried a more aggresive approach and that could result in your unfortunate demise or crippling. And by ensuring your ignorance, we were able to predict the infiltrator's actions and resolve the conflict with zero casualties."
Colonel groaned in frustration and then muttered something incomprehensible.

Your actions?
>>
>>29686792
I... what?
>>
>>29686792
Hm so I was right about multiple Alef just wrong about this being one of them.
>First - the keys I was supposed to give you."
Oh shit for some reason I thought the colonel was giving us the keys but looking back the note does indeed say Alef will.

Tell her you get the feeling the colonel does not like this level of spy thinking, no appreciation for the power of misdirection.
>>
>>29686792
Smack the unicorn on the ass. Leave yellow mark on her ass. Get it? Because when you mix red and green it makes yellow?
>>
>>29686792
Anyone have a horn ring for this mare?
>>
>>29686855
>Oh shit for some reason I thought the colonel was giving us the keys but looking back the note does indeed say Alef will.
I thought so as well don't know how I missed that.
>>29686804
I think it would be better if we took all this well and quickly adapted.
>>
>>29686792
You know the drill. Loot the body ofor everything of value. Dibs on the bits and muny.
>>
>>29686855
>>29686923
>>29686934

"The colonel seems to fail to appreciate the power of misdirection." - you noted with a small smirk.
"Can't blame him." - Alef shrugged - "i remember myself when I was introduced to all that buisness. You just need to have a certain mentality to be good at these mindgames, let alone have fun while playing them."
"So, I think we need to get her restrained then?" - you glanced at the infiltrator - "Anyone has some horn rings?"
"Just a moment." - Gust eagerly replied, trotting towards the unconscious unicorn mare and pulling a horn ring out of her saddlebags.
"And what are we going to do now?" - you asked.
"Well, for starters, we need to get her to the prison section. Your new room is nearby by the way, so you should have no trouble locating it." - pegasus mare replied - "After that, you can try to interrogate her if you feel like you need some practice. We got all the useful intel from her associates, but it's not neccessary to tell her about it, don't you think?" - she grinned - "Let her feel like a hero." - Then she looked at the infiltrator with something akin to sorrow in her eyes - "I pity her. Since we have dealt with their spy network, they are sending fresh recruits without any intel, and they predictably fail. Guess the rumors about Canterlot Intelligence Agency's competence were over-exaggerated after all."

Your actions?
>>
>>29687166
.....Or maybe that's just part of their plan. T seem incompetent. The plot thiccens.
>>
>>29687166
I kind of pity her as well and I will need the interrogation practice.
>>29687198
Say this.
>>
>>29687166
Guess we should lock this mare up, go to the home, and maybe interrogate her later.
>>
>>29687198
>>29687420
>>29687593

"Have you considered that all of this might be a part of their plan? To seem incompetent?"
"Already thinking in the right direction, eh? But don't worry, they have lost too many agents and as far as we can tell, every bit of intel we have acquired turned out to be legit. I can not imagine what they are trying to achieve by sacrificing so many of their assets."
"I see. Anyway, while I feel a certain degree of pity towards her too, I still need such practice. Can I interrogate her later though?"
"Sure." - pegasus mare shrugged - "Also, you can make a list of required equipment there, if you decide that you need some."
"I'll keep it in mind." - you replied - "So, how are we going to move her?"
"I can carry her, if you're so concerned about it." - suggested Arcane.
"No objections here." - Gust grinned and the Lunar Mage moved the unconscious body of the infiltrator over his back.
"Oh, and by the way." - ascended pegasus hastily added, as you were preparing to set out to the prison block - "I don't think the dungeon is the best place for little fillies."
"Your room is on the way there anyway." - Alef replied and glanced at the Hollow filly - "I suppose you can wait for your friends to return, little one?"
"Uh, yes, ma'am." - Word shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.
"Good." - pegasus mare contendedly nodded and you have departed to the castle dungeon.

It turned out that you were given not one, but two rooms, two beds in each one, which were supposed to provide housing for at least lieutenants, judging by their interior. After leaving Last Word in one of them, you made your way to the prison block.
After half an hour since your last encounter you have dropped the still unconscious infiltrator in one of the cells and chained her to the wall.
"I have some buisness here, so I guess I can pass the list to the local interrogator, so everything would be prepared when you'll be ready." - Alef said when you left the cell.

Your actions?
>>
And that's it for today, thanks for participating!
>>
10!
>>
>>29687784
We are unlikely to have easy access to all the torture tools at the prison, even if imagining what those arseholes can come up with terrifies me. Just get us a heavy object, a sharp blade, a dull blade and a rusty blade things we are likely to be able to scavenge, we will rely on these, our hooves, our magic and our words.

And if none of that works we have Word as an ultimate weapon, although I would rather not risk damaging her mentally by using her as a torture weapon if at all possible.
>>
>>29687808
alright
>>
>>29686792
>>29689100
No you dip. We are never going to use Last to torture someone when we already have all the information.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.