[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hail CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 001 - Title Card.gif (70KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
001 - Title Card.gif
70KB, 1500x1500px
(Making a new thread because the old one having the wrong title was driving Anonpone crazy)
>>29634616
>>29634620
"She's like that when she's hurt." I say apologetically, "It's not something she can help."
"She's an adult." Insists Ross, entering the elevator with me.
"Ross, please, don't punch my mom. I'll be angry with you too if you do."
He grumbles what I decide to think it's an 'Alright'.
"Mom just doesn't like us seeing her hurt or scared."
She doesn't answer, and the rest of the elevator ride and walk to the workshop is quiet.
The workshop is a circular arched room, platforms hanging from the ceiling by steel wire and ready to be lowered to be used as scaffolds. Eleven tables are set against the eleven walls that aren't used by the entryway, most of them readied for specific tasks. Several shelves -with transparent doors keeping their contents from drifting if there's no gravity- mark the center of the room, along with a few desktop computers, the space under the desks filled with plugs.
Rune is at one of them- the one that the buffer is plugged to, to be precise, which doesn't seem to improve Ross' mood any.
"What are you doing?" He asks in a chiding tone.
The colt just moves aside so we can see the screen, and points at the video player on the upper corner of the screen, and then to the file browser.
"So the copy's done..." Ross relaxes is quiet for a moment, the contents of the screen changing far more quickly than any of us could make it, "Hm... it seems like it was from a security system."
>>
>>29635210
Anything on what happened to the system?
>>
>>29635210
I am still a little confused about what is going on we jumped from chatting to mum to watching tv with a bunch of folks.
>>
>>29635615
"Is there anything about what happened?"
"I was checking just that..." He's quiet for a moment. "They are only partial, but... security staff marked other storage logs as relevant to the security ones. Several boxes of honey and milk removed from storage over a week before the failure..." His voice becomes incresingly distant, "Armed security staff around vacuumed areas of the ship, but largely permissive access to it... A few remarks about the possibility of sickness, quickly discarded..." He's silent for a moment. "Odd, there should be an attachment with the medic's license."
"Maybe they forgot?"
"The captain remarked that, but didn't attach it either. The issues with their atmospheric systems started around this... A technician mentions than a the damage may come from what he calls a rushed vacuuming..." He's quiet for a moment. "The station's Ai raised a complaint about the captain failing on his duty towards the entire griffon race. The file ends there..." He's quiet for a moment, and I am about to ask him why when he speaks up. "There's no End of File marker. That must be when the decompression happened."

>>29635727
You ate something and started watching a show.
>>
>>29635874
Sounds like they were running a bit of a shitshow no doctor and fuckups enough to anger the ai significantly.
>You ate something and started watching a show.
Ah ok.
>>
>>29635998
If he reiterates that the captain said they just forgot the doctor say that sounds like he was covering his own arse.
>>
>>29635874
Missing rations would suggest stowaways or disloyalty amongst the crew to me.

Venting internal structures sounds like sabotage or an attempt at controlling crew movement.

Failure of the command staff... was this a mutiny?
>>
>>29636163
>an attempt at controlling crew movement.
It said they were letting crew through the vacuum areas.
>>
>>29636178
I could have put it into more detail, I'm presuming that venting an interior corridor would involve a lockdown of any single door transitions making them unusable and result in routing traffic through select paths that were built with paired doors to allow for a pressure lock.

Also assuming vacuum suits have limits analogous to human suits of the present or near future where they are fitted and bulky so you aren't sneaking anywhere or anything with it.
>>
>>29636178 >>29636163
>>29636042 >>29635998
>>29636422
"That ship sounds like..."
"A mess?" He finishes it for you. "Some of it looks like mutiny."
"What did they vacuum part of the ship for?"
"Equestrian protocol demands it if fire could affect life support ship-wide or the engines, but griffons may have other rules for that." He's quiet for an instant. "Or the captain did it to keep control of the crew."
"But you said they let people pass." I say promptly.
"Putting suits on is slow and cumbersome." He says immediately, playing some videos on the screen. "Your par time is... five minutes, and you had three leaks that time."
"Yyyeah." I nod, abashed, "Did the captain remark on the license being missing or that they had forgotten to attach it?"
"The translating daemons had some issues with that phrase." He plays several videos at high speed, maybe searching for something unusual, "Most of them reported it may have been sarcasm of some sort."
>>
>>29636422
Ah that makes sense then.
>>
>>29636497
We should probably arange for a message to be sent to the griffons at the first chance we get.
>>
Too tired to write non-joke quests, so paused.
>>
bep
>>
>>29637038
sleep well
>>
>>29637038
I thought this was a joke quest.
>>
Bemp
>>
>>29636497
So whatever happened to the ship was internal. We know at least we don't need to be worried about hostile ships nearby. A shame no survivors have shown up. Whatever happened must have happened fast.
>>
Rune has shitty parents bump.
>>
"That sounds sudden." My memory goes back to old tales -shared with Amber and other kids- about cabin fever and explosive decompression, and my stomach feels heavy.
"I expect it was." His voice isn't as unaffected as he tries to make it sound.. "Mercifuly so."
"But didn't Kalan say most survived?"
"Far..." His pause is one mom has familiarized me over the years. that of someone wondering whether or not to keep talking. "I met many military Ais even before working here. They are all propense to lying." He focuses on the monitors rather than looking at me.
The weight increases further, "Shouldn't we tell all this to the griffons?"
"Hm, yes." He says distractedly."A courier probe with the files is on its way."
>>
>>29646797
Let's go to the range and practise our shooting.
>>
>>29646797
Damn, sudden it may be, that's still a scary way for things to end.
>>
>>29647249
He doesn't say anything else for a moment, instead focusing on the sped up videosand the silence is broken by when he Rune hops down from the chair and walks away.
"Anything odd?" I ask him.
"No." He says faintly, his eyes not completely focused on the screen.
"What is it?" I ask him.
"Far, does asphyxiation hurt?"
I don't know how to answer at first, recalling the few times I've experienced it. "It's not fast for you." Is all I can say. "Even if it's only a second."
He taps a few keys of the keyboard, even when he doesn't need to, to close the video player, "Do you think he's floating out there?" There are pent up tears in his voice.
I spend a few seconds trying to think who might it be, "Who?"
"The griffons' AI."
>>
>>29649031
Move closer to comfort him.
That's something I can't answer, but I hope not.
>>
File: tumblr_ogrpt7U98h1vl7qs8o1_1280.jpg (411KB, 650x975px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ogrpt7U98h1vl7qs8o1_1280.jpg
411KB, 650x975px
>>29635210

Can I get a quick rundown on the plot of this thread?
>>
>>29649031
Maybe but I doubt he has any power running to him.
>>
>>29649031
If the ship only decompressed then... maybe. Would he not be able to take control of the ship? Get back to somewhere himself?
>>
>>29649077
Far flung lives on a space station and is considering joining the military for whom he is taking care of a plant monster.
also mum is dieing.
>>
bemp
>>
I hope there is a pirate attack at some point.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.