[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 17

File: The Autism Awakens.jpg (3MB, 2853x1753px) Image search: [Google]
The Autism Awakens.jpg
3MB, 2853x1753px
Welcome to The Age of Strife: An /mlp/ Quest!

ITT: I, OP, will be taking you on a ride through the third age of Equestria. A time long before the original Elements of Harmony were born, with the unification of the three pony tribes still fresh in the minds of Equestrians everywhere, where Princesses Celestia and Luna struggle to maintain peace under the chaotic reign of Discord and ordinary ponies rise to the occasion with the dreams of becoming great heroes and defending their young nation. You, of course are one of them. Wouldn't be much fun if you weren't.

This quest will be run in a tabletop system, the 5th edition of D&D to be exact. Meme at me all you want, but this is how I want to do it. It’s fun for me, and I’ll make it fun for you if you trust me and play along. Mechanical babble will be at a minimum except when you guys ask for it. I will, of course, be acting as the Dungeon Master and you all as the players. Feel free to ask any questions on how I run things.

I'll give it a few minutes before I drop the first post of the session. I know it's a bit early in the morning and my fellow burgers are just rolling out of bed. Before it gets on, I'll have you know I can't into art. At all. So unless I attract a wandering drawfag, I'll be sticking with any stock D&D-esque images I can pull off of Derpibooru. The quest may also be a bit slow-moving, as even 5e requires a bit of paperwork to pull off, so if I'm quiet, I'm not dead, just juggling PDFs and wordpad files.

Let's go.
>>
>>29613429
Why do I have to be a hero for Equestria?
I hate Equestria.
>>
>>29613429
>Check inventory.
Also be a unicorn, mouth hold is unsanitary.
>>
Part One: Enter the Magical Realm

But, before we begin, you must face one question. A question that both man and ponykind has asked themselves since the beginning of time. I cannot answer it, for you alone can only be to one to ask and answer this simple question.

Who am I?

Ah, such a short query, but so many possible answers… Well, who the fuck are you?

>I am a foal of the land. I am as strong as the earth ‘neath my hooves and just as stubborn to boot. None may move me just as none may move a mountain. I am an Earth Pony.

>I am a gazer of the stars. I am a pony attuned to the vast arcane energies that bind Equestria together. Magic flows through my body like a river, waiting to be harnessed. I am a Unicorn.

>I am a warden of the winds and a walker of the clouds. I fly freely through the air with a grace unmatched by any other being in Equestria, shaping its very weather as I see fit. I am a Pegasus.

>I am a pillar of the community and a citizen of my grand city-state of crystal. My heart swells with love, I serve my friends, my Empress, and the Crystal Heart with duty and diligence. I am a Crystal Pony

>I am a stalker of the night, a former pegasus given a rare blessing by Princess Luna herself to serve whilst my fellow Equestrians slumber. I am the one who stands watch against all things that go bump in the night. I am a Nocturnal. (*cough* batpony*cough*)

>I am a being of raw elemental power, a young member of the oldest race in Equestria. As ageless as stone, my people have watched as those around us grow and change while we still remain the same. My raw strength is beat only by my iron will. I am a Dragon.

Cont
>>
>>29613464
>I am a walker of the darkness under the sun. My people have lived beneath the hooves of oblivious ponies for decades, merrily swinging our pickaxes and digging deeper into the earth to lay claim to the riches below. I am a Diamond Dog.

>I am a warrior of the skies, a winged beast with the prowess of a lion and the grace of a bird. My people value glory, fierceness, and gold above all else, and it is the duty of those who do not have those things to step aside as we carve our names into history. I am a Gryphon.

>I am am ambiguously canon traveler of time and space, one who has crossed the infinite boundaries of the planes to get myself some good ol’ fasioned horsepussy. I am a Human.

>I...I don’t know who I am. (Roll 1d10 for race.)

https://strawpoll.com/b341bzr
>>
>>29613472
Let's roll for it.
>>
File: 1487613677580.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487613677580.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>29613472
I should also not that not being a unicorn does not preclude the ability to cast spells.
>>
File: 1465745543536.jpg (160KB, 1316x607px) Image search: [Google]
1465745543536.jpg
160KB, 1316x607px
And while we vote, a bit of fluff. Also, if you have any questions, go ahead and ask them. I’m giving y’all some time to vote and people to filter into the thread.

>Equestria.
>Your home.
>Maybe you were born here, maybe you came here from far away. Really, to you it doesn’t matter anymore, Equestria is your home now, and that’s all it’ll ever be.
>It sure has changed a lot since you were younger, the ponies here are a lot more skittish than they used to be, always looking to the sky, or looking behind while they walk. You can hardly blame them, what with all that’s been going on lately. Rogue shapeshifters taking the guise of their loved ones, a mad spirit of chaos running rampant to the south, some supernatural goings-on up in the Empire, and all that on top of the occasional thing that goes bump in the night.
>Truly, there was no argument when the scholars decided to name the third age of ponykind the Age of Strife.
>It’s a time where even the meek must take up sword, horn, or hoof to defend home and hearth. Though, you… you are not so meek. You are- or at least you will be -a champion. It is your ambition to fight for your country, maybe even die in its defense if dire times call for it.
>It all starts at the roots of Canter Mountain, a great forest where the Sisters have built their home...
>>
>>29613472
I say Diamond Dog. Could make for some interesting character interactions.
>>
>>29613501
seconded for diamond dog
>>
File: dorf.jpg (28KB, 450x286px) Image search: [Google]
dorf.jpg
28KB, 450x286px
>>29613534
>>29613501
Use the strawpoll, por favor

I like DDogs personally. They don't get much love even on /mlp/. In this time I've kind of made them to be a like typical fantasy dwarf-orks Orkdorfs? Dworks? Dorks?. It's only them and dragons that are physically capable of dual-wielding, too.
>>
>>29613501
>>29613534
Doing it dwarf-style would be fun.
>>
>>29613553
ah, whoopsy
>>
File: fucked.png (69KB, 334x343px) Image search: [Google]
fucked.png
69KB, 334x343px
Tied for DDog, Unicorn, and Grypon, with male in the lead, too. I'll say that we've decided upon the race once the poll hits between 20-30 votes.
>>
>>29613588
Are we going to be a baby dragon like spike if dragon wins out?
>>
>>29613599
No, "young" but not a baby. Like 40 years old, similar to Ember.
>>
File: vv4c-1432522140-154871-full.jpg (275KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
vv4c-1432522140-154871-full.jpg
275KB, 1600x1200px
>Dorf Quest
Nice. In for the 'Dog.
>>
File: 3cd36bb422ff3be6fa86290b7941c87e.jpg (180KB, 600x2384px) Image search: [Google]
3cd36bb422ff3be6fa86290b7941c87e.jpg
180KB, 600x2384px
Age of Strife? More like the Age of Dragon.

40 year old weeaboo dragon. The first of the dovaweebs.
>>
File: 1467147094599.png (424KB, 588x1357px) Image search: [Google]
1467147094599.png
424KB, 588x1357px
>unicorn pulled ahead
>almost no one wants to be a mare
>>
Darn. And I was hoping we could play a dragon.
>>
>>29613588
>>29613485
As newfag as they come. How does one "roll"?
>>
>>29613588
Should we do another strawpoll to narrow it all down?
>>
>>29613688
I use good old fashioned dice. All the rolling will be done by me.

Also, if it ends up in a tie, I'll roll a 1d20 to decide. Evens it's Unicorn, odds its Diamin doog
>>
Well, I'm calling it. Looks like unicorn pulled through. Got one more vote and it Nat20'd for it.

So, you're a Unicorn, but one more question...
>>
>Anons want to play unicorn
>unicorns as over used MC race
>>
File: character sheets.jpg (102KB, 913x901px) Image search: [Google]
character sheets.jpg
102KB, 913x901px
>I am a warrior of rage, more animal than not. I temper and hone my emotions to an edge even sharper than my own weapon. I am a Barbarian.
>I am a student of the world, a true warrior-poet, a lover of song and one who dabbles in all of the arts Equestria has to offer. I am a Bard.
>I am a bastion of faith, a pious weaver of divine magics against the foes of my cause. All who stand before me shall face the wrath of a higher power. I am a Cleric.
>I am a lover of all of Gaia’s gifts to the races of the world, nature is my home and beasts are my family. I am a Druid.
>I live for the fight. If war is an art, then I am an artist, and I dedicate my life to the honing of my skills and the perfection of battle. I am a Fighter.
>I am one who desires enlightenment above all else, a true seeker of wisdom. I require no silly swords, axes, or spells; for the body, mind, and spirit are the best weapons known to Equestria. I am a Monk.
>I am a soldier of true conviction. My holy powers bring naught but wrath down upon all who oppose my tenets. My dedication is matched only by my willpower. I am a Paladin.
>I am a walker of the world and a warden of the land I survey. I am at peace with the untamed wilds of Equestria, content in its balance. I am a Ranger.
>I am in it to win it. Subterfuge is my name, cunning is my name. Only through my skills and my wits can I achieve my goals, however lofty they may be. I am a Rogue.

Cont
>>
>>29613759
>I am a font of arcane power. My blood boils with mystic energy and the greatest magic is mine to sculpt as I see fit. I am a Sorcerer.
>I am a keeper of a sacred boon, granted to me by a powerful patron not of this world. I serve this patron dutifully, and in return it grants me powers beyond my wildest dreams. I am a Warlock.
>I am a master of all that is magical. Reality bends to my will and the secrets of the universe are mine to do with as I please. No one in Equestria dares match my power. I am a Wizard.
>Uhh, I forgot… (Roll 1d12 for class.)

So, Unicorn, what is your profession?

https://strawpoll.com/9yc7y2x
>>
>>29613766
Neat. The DnD quest is finally here. Shame you're no doing the breezie thing. Will there be breezies?
>>
File: Untitled.png (117KB, 871x871px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
117KB, 871x871px
>>29613766
So here's the character so far.

Start throwing in suggestions for names, QT mark, and coat coloring. I'll let you guys decide personality as we go along.

So, as a unicorn you get +2 to Intelligence and +1 to Wisdom. You are proficient in the Arcane skill (which is magical knowledge) and you gain two cantrips (unlimited-use spells). Mage Hand is essentially a unicorn's levitation, and Light is self-explanatory.
>>
>>29613500
>You are roused from your sleep by the light of the morning filtering through the rustling leaves of Everfree forest as the springtime breeze blows into your tent, sending a small chill up your spine.
>Blearily, you unwrap yourself from your blanket and rub your eyes. The sounds of birds chirping fill your ears and the faint smell of smoke from the burned-out campfire fills your nostrils. You push past the flaps of your raggedy tent and into the elements, allowing a small hail of crumbling leaves from last autumn to pelt you.
>The princesses are holding their annual tournament today. They’ve been doing this since you were small. They say that the winner of this tournament is granted an audience with the princesses and allowed to ask a favor of them. A favor from the rulers Equestria is valuable indeed. You’ve considered going before, and as fate would have it, you just happen to be passing through the Sister’s realm on the same day.
>Say, why WERE you here anyway?
>>
>>29613766
I say monk, because unicorn precision and grace.
>>
>>29613852
I was here to spectate, as I have a good friend competing in the tourney.
>>
>>29613860
Looks like it's wizard so far, since unicorn is pretty much the go-to wizard race anyway. Can't say I'm surprised. I personally feel like a less obvious class choice would be fun, though.
>>
Wizard unicorn? Really? Come on anons, where's your sense of adventure.
>>
>>29613872
How will the attributes be calculated? Rolling 4d6 and choosing 3 of the 4? Point buy?
>>
>>29613872
We're going for muscle wizard. Turn the STR and CON into a dump stat.
>>
>>29613894
4d6 drop one is my go-to. But if you want the unicorn to be OP, I can go 2d6+6.
>>
>>29613916
4d6 drop is fine.
>>
>>29613916
Roll em!
>>
File: that mare.png (65KB, 612x583px) Image search: [Google]
that mare.png
65KB, 612x583px
>>29613943
Well, in that case, we rolled...

16, 15, 15, 11, 11, 9

Breddy gud. Three good stats, two meh, and only one dumpable.
>>
File: Musclewizard.jpg (35KB, 480x246px) Image search: [Google]
Musclewizard.jpg
35KB, 480x246px
>>29613967
STR: 16
DEX: 15
CON: 15
INT: 9
WIS: 11
CHA: 11
>>
>>29613840
Pink coat, yellow mane.
>>
>>29613437
Then why are you here?
>>
>>29613967
STR: 15
DEX: 9
INT: 11
WIS: 11
CHA: 16
>>
>>29614000
That's...actually viable. A fair number of Wizard spells don't even RELY on INT, so assuming we go Bladeslinger, we can pretty much gish it out.

But it seems we're tied with Cleric and Monk. If this continues I'll just do 1d3 and let the dice decide.
>>
>Not wanting to be a magical pinhead rogue who uses his horn as a skeleton key
>>
>>29614057
That's lewd anon.
>>
Houston, we have Monk. So far, anyway.

I'll wait for like 5 more votes, becasue class is an important part of a character.
>>
>>29614070
It's tied again.
>>
File: Roguedash.png (217KB, 540x415px) Image search: [Google]
Roguedash.png
217KB, 540x415px
Oshit Rogue's in the running now.
>>
>>29614110
Well if we're a rogue now.
STR: 11
DEX: 16
INT: 15
WIS: 9
CHA: 11
>>
>>29614110
Name: Pocket knife.
>>
>>29614138

I agree with this
>>
>>29614129
Switch CON and CHA

I wanna be the handsome criminal
>>
>>29614138
Seconded.
>>
>>29614162
We'll dazzle both stallions and mares all over Equestria!
>>
>>29614129
That seem to be the go-to, and it looks like Rogue is winning. So I'm going to call it. Congratulations, /mlp/ you are a Rogue Unicorn.

So, the question is what kind of rogue are you?

>What's mine is mine and what's yours is also mine. I am a Thief.
>I put the ass in Assassin. Twice.
>Hey, just becasue I'm sneaky doesn't mean I can fling a spell or two. I'm an Arcane Trickster.
>My best bud is the Ranger. I'm a Scout.

I'm not going to strawpoll, just reply with what you want.

Also, this looks good unless someone else comem up with better >>29614138
>>
>>29614163
A smooth criminal.
>>
>>29614175
Arcane Trickster

Also I vote >>29614162(Me) for the stats
>>
>>29614162
I like the way the con and cha are set up. Rogues are typically charismatic, so why not have a tough one with alot of health.
>>
>>29614175
>>29614198 (me)
Ass ass in please.
>>
>>29614198
>so why not have a tough one with alot of health.

Because being in a situation where you need lots of health as a rogue means you failed somewhere
>>
>>29614206
Charisma is a fun stat, too. 1d8 for health is pretty standard, and you WILL have the opportunity to make friends, of course...
>>
>>29614206
It leaves room for failure and the chance to learn from it. Or just tank damage until you can flee.
>>
>>29614226
Charisma plz. Get the Leadership Trait/perk thing later.
>>
So, to finalize, I'm going with Arcane Trickster. Let me just shuffle some paperwork around and I'll have the completed character sheet.

>You are pocket knife, a unicorn who grew up on a cozy little isle called Manehattan. It was the biggest settlement in Equestria when you were a kid, second only to the Empire, of course.

What do you look like, Pocket?
>>
>>29614277
What's the oldest and youngest he can be?
>>
>>29614293
I'd say somewhere from 18-30.
>>
>>29614277
I posted this earlier >>29614020
>>
>>29614277
Hard to think of colors that doesn't stand out, light blue coat + silver mane?
>>
>>29614297
Let's make him 18. Yes can git gud as he gets older.
>>
>>29614304
Go to bed Seth
>>
>>29614345
Looks good. Greenlit.
>>
>>29614321
A tall unicorn with a healthy glow and a lithe frame akin to ancient unicorns. A curly blue maneyes and short tail with a brown coat.
>>
>>29614353
>>29614355 (me now)
>>29614345 (was me)
Sorry. My OCD wanted it fixed.
>>
>>29613852
Going with >>29613866

>Oh right, you were here for Fields. Celstia's tears, you almost forgot why you were stoping around this tree farm anyway. Why the Sisters chose to build their abode in the middle of a forest, you'll never know.
>But, C'est le Vie, as they say in the Empire. Now where was that mare anyhow? She said she'd meet you here. She was never a punctual pony, but neither was she one who knew her way around the woods.
>Bah, she'll be fine. Probably.

Wat do?
>It's like having to foalsit, go look for her.
>You're not lifting a hoof til you've had breakfast.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29614392
We're a unicorn, so why not both? Eat breakfast while we wander around looking for her.
>>
>>29614392
Eat something.
>>
>>29614392
Check inventory and eat breakfast.
>>
>>29614392
Are unicorns herbivores or omnivores?
>>
>>29614392
>>29614426
>Trying times call for clever planning. You quickly pack up your gear and sling it over you flanks, levitating a few slice of bread spread with some probably not spoiled jam in front of your face.
>...
>Funny thing about trees and forests, everything tends to look the same after about, um, ten minutes maybe? You finish off breakfast with a gulp of river water from the canteen. And peer around. You see, uh, some birds or something.
>Wait, itsn't this your campsite? No, the rocks over there were different.
>Oh dear. You seem to be lost in the woods.

>YOU HATE FORESTS TIEM TO PANIC
>Your voice carries pretty well here. Maybe she can hear you?
>Not all who wander are lost. Somebody wise might have said that.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29614460
Inside your backpack: A small ragged tent and bedroll, a woodsplitting axe, 4 matches, 3 days worth of food and water, a bowl, a cup, a fork, a spoon, one unit of bogroll.

On you: A willow wand, your trusty rapier, a dagger, a suit of leather armor, 40 bits
>>
>>29614507
>A willow wand
Hurr durr you're a unicorn. Scratch that.
>>
>>29614482
Right, climb the tallest tree to search for her and/or our campsite?
>>
>>29614518
>leather armor
Kinky
>>
>>29614482
Call out.
>>
>>29614482
>>29614534
>Trees are tall, right?
>You pick the easiest-looking one and gracefully clamber your way up as many branches as you can fit on. The view above the canopy is much less claustrophobic than the dank dark forest down there.
>The sky is a bit overcast today. Guess the princesses haven't hired any local pegasai to make it all sunshine-ey yet. Off in the distance you can see Canter Mountain, a lonely little pillar of stone nearly scraping the clouds.
>Aaaaand... hey! That looks important. A clearing about a quarter mile to the east. You can see a few puffs of black smoke rising up from the area and the tips of what look like tall tents.

Wat do?
>Choo choo, follow DM's railroad
>She's probably not there
>Other (Specify)
>>
File: Pocket Knife.png (302KB, 2010x876px) Image search: [Google]
Pocket Knife.png
302KB, 2010x876px
>>29614598
fergat muh trip

Also, here's our character sheet.
>>
>>29614598
Follow the railroad. If our friend is dum enough to just fuck off and leave us here then they don't deserve our friendship.
>>
>>29614598
Check out the clearing.
>>
>>29614598
>>29614619
>You make your way down, trying not to break a leg when you land and travel in the general direction of the clearing. As you draw nearer, you begin seeing ponies. Most of them earthers, but you see a smattering of unicorns and pegasai as well. None of them are Strawberry Fields, though.
>One of them spots you, a grey pegasus, a fair bit older than you, with a seriously fancy feathered hat, and a rapier not unlike yours. He approaches you with a sly smile, a pair of similarly well-dressed mares trailing behind with a giggle.
>He eyes you up and down, his face not giving up that faint hint of smugness.
>He says to you in a faint Imperical accent "It seems we have a new contestant in our midst. Hail, fellow. I am Jasper. What brings one so... raggedy to the Celestial Tournament?"

Wat do?
>Did he just call you raggedy? What a cocknozzle.
>Not worth your time. Walk past.
>Say you're here for a friend.
>You're here to win a favor from the princesses! (What favor?)
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29614708
Say, we're just here for a friend, ask if he seen a pony matching Fields's description?
>>
>>29614708
He's not worth it just leave him be
>>
>>29614708
Ignore.
>>
>>29614708

>>29614759 (evens)
>>29614796 (odds)
1d2...evens. Ask for Fields it is.

"I'm looking for somepony." you say, ignoring his obvious goading "An earth pony mare, dark pink coat, blonde mane. Probably covered in cut and scrapes. REALLY hard to miss."
>Jasper pretends to think for a moment, then ultimately come out with a "No.".
>"Oh, I see." he grins "Is this pony maybe someone you fancy? A marefriend, perhaps?"
>The mares behind him giggle and give one another looks, sharing in a resounding "Oooohh."

Wat do?
>No.
>N-no! (Bluff Check)
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29614850
option 2
>>
>>29614850
Pretty tempted to say no, we fancy him. Just to see how funny the result will be.
What if we said yes?
>>
>>29614938
I... totally should have put those as an option. That's what Other is for, I guess.

Also you are not canonically in a romantic relationship with her, and she would have no idea if it was a yes.
>>
>>29614850
Yes. And who are those mares behind you? You running a harem?
>>
>>29614966
>N-no! (Bluff Check)
>>
>>29614850
Maybe. Say are those mares behind you with you? Who's your favorite?
Bickering ensues
>>
>>29614966
Then, I'll vote that we say that we fancy him for the inevitable hilarity.
>>
>>29614966
Skill points?
>>
>>29614850
>>29615013
Going with this.
You nod, and smirk. "Perhaps. Jealous? The mares that seem to have taken fancy to you seem quite fine indeed, why do you inquire about other mares? Are they not to your liking? Which one is your favorite?"
>The smiles on the faces of those mare drop like a sack of dead Diamond Dog puppies, and Jasper seems to be taken aback.
>"Well," one asks "which one?"
>"Ummm..." A grin creeps across your face as Jasper turns a shade redder.
>Aaaaand he's gone. Shoom. Off like a bolt. The other mares were earth pony, so they could only watch and shout insults as the pegasus took to the air.
>Satisfied with yourself, you move into the grounds of the tournament.

Taking a shit. Bee Are Bee. CAPTCHA:toilet denne
>>
>>29615105
Keep searching? Maybe she forgot about us and had simple moved to the tourney. If not then she will be pissed to find an empty camp site.
>>
>>29615105
>The clearing seems to be about the size of a small town, what with all the brightly-dyed tents so large that they that reach almost past the treeline.
>There were many ponies here as well, reminding you of your-ever growing home of Manehattan. Among the smorgasbord of pastel colors, you can't seem to pick out if Strawberry is there or not...
>Wait.
>Out of the corner of your eye you see a pair of bright green eyes peering out from underneath a golden mane. She was hiding among a stack of barrels, trying (badly) to move with you without being seen. Seems like she's about to pounce.

Wat do?
>Let her pounce. She's just having fun.
>Oh it's fucking on. Tackle her before she tackles you.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29615105
Is racial stigma still a thing? How long ago was the unification?
>filthy mud pony. Stupid horn heat. Flying duster.
>>
>>29615313
>Other (Specify)
Turn a corner around a tent and wait for her to come around. She thinks she's so sneaky, doesn't she?
>>
>>29615343 (cont...)
Roll sneak to suprised her?
>>
>>29615313
Lose ourselves in the crowd and come up behind her. Then tackle her.
>>
We should finish the tackle with boops.
>>
>>29615318
It's quickly fading. The unification wasn't long, but it wasn't just last year. Your grandma was there for it, your ma was a little filly at the time, but you were born into a unifed Equestria

>>29615313
>>29615343
Roger that

>You turn sharply turn a corner and find yourself an oddly convenient wagon of hay. Not one to waste an opportunity, you bury yourself underneath the scratchy stands of plant and dig yourself a little peephole.
>Fields quickly comes by and stops a few feet short of you. She looks back and forth, confused.
>3...
>2...
>1
>Just as she is about to give up, you burst forth from the hay, sending the stuff everywhere, immediately tackling her with your hooves wrapped around her neck.
>...and she barely budges. You can't even drag her to the ground, you can hardly move her an inch.
>She grins broadly.
>"Oh you wanna wrestle, eh?"
"Actually I was just-"
>Oof. And here we go. She immediately flips you over and pins your hooves to the ground with her own. You can't move. You kick your legs and struggle to no avail.
>"Does the horned weenie give up now?"

Wat do?
>You've never been able to overpower her. Concede.
>Naw, you got this. Keep trying.
>Cheat. Use magic.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29615520
We're not some bitch that'll give up that easy. Keep trying
>>
>>29615520
Give up, but comment how she was so eager to wrestle.
>seduce/flirt
>>
>>29615550
>>29615654
Why not a compromise. If we succeed with the flirting and she's momentarily distracted we can make an attempt to flip her over.
>>
>>29615667
Sounds good to me
>>
>>29615686
Flustered. Flustered was the word I was looking for. We'll flirt with her to get her flirsted.
>>
>>29615520
>>29615550
Allrighty then.

"Never! Hnnng...!"
>...
>You fail to overpower her in any way.
>Strawberry gives you a quizzical look.
"Huh, this normally doesn't happen."
>She immediately lets go and scoops you into a headlock, pulling her foreleg just tight enough around your neck to make you uncomfortable, but not enough to hurt you.
>Oxygen. Oh, blessed oxygen where did you go?
"Okay." you manage to choke out a comprehensible word, tapping her on the side. "You win."
>And the sweet Everfree air comes rushing back into your lungs. She lets go and you fall to the grass like a sack of potatoes.
>Fields offers you a helping hoof. Scraping together what dignity you have left, you take it and make yourself vertical again.
>"You okay?"
"Fine." you breathe.
>"Your head looked like it was about to pop!"
"Did it now?"
>"Yep."
DM's Note: Never wrestle with a Barbarian
"Well at least I found you. How long have you been here, Berry?"
>"Since this morning!" she said cheerfully.
"So when's this tournament thing going on? You must be eager for an excuse to beat ponies up. I mean, other than me of course."
>"Oh, Pocket, you should have SEEN some of the guys here. I think one of 'em was a unicorn like you. Real spell-slinger. If he's as easy to pin as you, we should be standing in front of the Sisters in no time! Anyway, it's coming up in an hour or so. We should really get some rest before. Say... are you going to participate this year?"

Wat do?
>No. To hell with open combat, that's her shtick.
>Yes. It might be fun to test yourself.
>Other (Specify)
>>
Gotta get up at 4:30 tomorrow. This next post will probably be the final one of today. I'll be able to resume sometime in the afternoon. Work sucks, but it'll only be like this for a week or two.
>>
>>29615762
Why the ever loving Tartarus not? Sure. Oh and by the way. It was nice to know that that you were here since morning. WITHOUT telling me.
>>
>>29615762
You know full well that open combat isn't my style. I would get my ass beat!
>>
>>29615848
Well we can't be that bad in combat. This would make a great opportunity to test out the character without the threat of death.
>>
>>29615877
Dubs are right
>>
>>29615890
Because if we fuck up in a real life and death situstion, the QM would have to do a hand wave because MC is speashil.
>>
>>29615762
I don't think getting our ass handed to us twice in a row is a good thing.
>>
>>29615943
What do we got to lose?
>>
File: 1459276474855.jpg (1MB, 5300x2656px) Image search: [Google]
1459276474855.jpg
1MB, 5300x2656px
>>29615762
>>29615842
>>29615877

"You know what," you say "you seem to enjoy yourself so much, I'll go."
>"Really?!" Fields' face lights up like the sun.
>Celestia's Tears! She pulls you into yet another agonizing headloc- Oh wait it's just a hug. You're fine. Though it is a mite too tight.
>"Maybe we'll be able to face off against each other! Oh won't that be a blast?!" She didn't break off from the hug. Your ribs were starting to hurt.
"Oh something's gonna get blasted all right." you mutter.
>"Huh?"
"I said it'll be a blast!"
>"Hah, okay!" Come on, let's get some food. Gotta fill up before we put some dents in some helmets..."

End Session one.

I'll see you guys tomorrow. If you guys have any other questions or comments, I'll be phoneposting for a few hours. For now, I'm getting myself some mediocre Chinese food.

Adios.
>>
>>29615948
I was going to say dignity but then I realized we don't have any.
>>
>>29615954
Strawberry was a pleasant surprise. I had no suspected her to be so strong.
>>
>>29617252
there is literally no need
Op himself said that's the end for today
he'll just make another thread when he gets back
>>
>>29613429
The age of strife ? Truely, fat guys are fucking everywhere these days
I'm currently running a Ponynara game with friends, which is basically numenara with pone
>>
>>29617640
Is Numera a tech Land campaign? Is it the Iron Gods?
>>
>>29617677
nah it's its own system & setting
the system is meh at best, the setting has a fuckton of original ideas tho
If you want the file I'm pretty sure it's on /tg/'s pdf thread somewhere
>>
I wish we could have played a muscle wizard.
>>
>>29615954
What are the life spans of the various races?
>>
>>29619038
About human length, save for dragons. Unicorns and Earth Ponies tend to live a bit longer.
>>
>>29620238
Are there gods of worship from each tribe?
>>
>>29620238
Are deer sentient?
>>
>>29620238
Are ponies herbivores or omnivores?
>>
>>29620238
What's Strawberry's charisma score?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-06-13-22-22.png (159KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-06-13-22-22.png
159KB, 1080x1920px
>>29620653
Not really. That makes it difficult for Clerics, so I just fluff it to be faith in an ideal, not unlike a Paladin.

>>29620682
Yes. The only reason as to why I didn't use them as a PC race is because I completely forgot they existed.

>>29620773
Yes.

>>29620794
Pic related. I have all major party memebers on a phone app.
>>
File: skele.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
skele.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>29615954
Aaaaand we're back
Part One: Enter the Magical Realm
Session Two

>Strawberry ate like a madmare.
>You could only catch a few comprehensible sentences as she stuffed her face. Something about brussel sprouts and broccoli being high in protein, some snide comments about how you should eat more and grow bing and strong and yadda yadda yadda. You prefer food that tastes good. (Though, not too much of it. No one's ever heard of an accomplished fat Rogue)
>You nod and pretend you're listening.
>The both of you were waiting at the sidelines of a grand clearing in the encampment where several teenage ponies scoured the area for stray rocks and branches, keeping the battlefield-to-be clear of any debris so that some jackass couldn't blame his loss on tripping over a stray root or whatnot.
>It was almost time.

How are you feeling about the prospect of your upcoming duel?
>Nervous, what if you completely blew it in front of all those ponies?
>Relaxed, what's the worst that could go wrong?
>Cocky, it's mostly just peasants and inexperienced heroes at this event, nobody you can't handle.
>Excited, what if you actually won this? A favor from the Sisters is a hell of a reward.
>>
>>29621292
also,
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29621292
Relaxed. We have magic
>>
>>29621340
>Some of the others competing looked pretty tough, except for some dorky grey crystal pony lurking around the place, but hey, you had your magic and wits, and Fields had her absurd strength. If anyone could fight, it was you two.
>The battleground stilled irked you, though. Nowhere to hide, no less-than-savory tricks you could pull, it still wasn't your element. Eh, you'll find a way.
>...
>Soon enough the blaring sound of a portly earth pony blowing on an oversized horn at the opposite end of the field filled your ears.
>Ponies began to gather at the edges of the clearing as a dark blue pegasus in an odd white robe flew over the center of the ponies.
>"The first contestants shall be Strawberry Fields and Red Rum! You have three minutes to enter the battlefield!" Her voice projected pretty well for the size of the place.
>"Ooooooh, I'm first!" Strawberry sounded like she was a filly again. She wasted no time in somewhat rudely pushing past the onlookers and onto the field, her sizable greataxe in tow.

>...

>Be Strawberry Fields.
>Hell yeah, Barbarian time.
>You strut onto the green field triumphantly, as if you had already won the fight. The crowd gives a roaring thunder as their hooves pounded the ground.
>You grip your favorite greataxe in your jaws, bowing courteously to the ponies cheering for you.
>Your opponent flies onto the field, also making a show. A red pegasus. Oddly enough, he isn't wearing any armor or carrying any weapon. Probably a spell chucker. Easy as pie.

How do you wanna play this?
>CHAAAARGE HAHAHAHA
>Play it cautiously, don't wanna blow it on your first fight.
>Other (Specify)
>>
>>29621454
Wait for the prime opportunity to strike
>>
>>29621620
Going with this

>No, charging might not work. That would give him an excuse to launch something at you. no, your going to let him come to you. Haha, genius.
>The pegasus in the robe surveys the both of you before giving a nod and presenting a clean white hankerchief
>"Once this cloth touches the ground, the fight may begin." She says. "The rules are simple. No lethal force, no dirty fighting, magic may be used as you see fit, exiting the field, either by intent or by accident is an automatic forfeit. Do I make myself clear?"
>"MMMMPFFH!" you affirm, your words muffled by the shaft of your weapon.
>"Yes, I do." Red Rum says. Oddly enough, you notice him produce a small bottle and take a sip. Hmm. Who drinks in the middle of a fight? Eh, no rule against it.
>Your body tenses as you see the white-robed pegasus let the cloth go. Dantily, it flutters down...
>3...2...1
>And you were off like a rocket, charging halfway between your starting point and your opponent. You stop an beckon him down.
"C'mon, buddy! You want some of this? It's right here!"
>He snorts, flying to about ten feet away from you and lands, striking a battle pose, but doesn't move. It seem he's not impressed by your goading.
>The crowd goes quiet as neither of your moves in.

Seems he saw through your plan and we have a Mexican standoff.
>Ah, to hell with it. This is boring.
>I've got all day. Somepony's got to give in and initiate it, but it won't be me.
>>
>>29621709
Get into a defensive stance and stare at him. Wait for him to move first. We have aaaaall the time in the world!
>>
>>29621709
Circle him.
>>
>>29621709
>...
>"Well, come on, move already!" Red Rum shouts. "Give 'em what they want!"
>The crowd WAS starting to get a bit restless. And you were ITCHING to get on with it. Just a little more willpower...
>You grin. "No."
>[Urge to clobber rising]
>"Oh whatever."
>He immediately moves in. You were waiting for him to cast something, but it looks like he's the-
>Woah, didn't see that coming. Red took a swing at you, but you duck under it. Oh, and here came two more. One you deftly deflect with your axe, the other gets planted in your gut.
>Actually, that REALLY freaking hurt. He wasn't even wearing horseshoes for Luna's sake! Even YOU couldn't throw a hoof like that.
>But whatever. Your turn.
>Thwack. You firmly plant the flat part of your battleaxe deeply into his face.
>He goes flying a fair bit. Haha, pegasai were such lightweights. Literally.
cont.
>>
>>29621709
The 13 wisdom is telling me we should wait it out. Whatever that potion he drank hopefully doesn't last long, so maybe the pegasus will be the first to initiate.
>>
>>29622079
>The pegasus recovers pretty quickly. He did some kind of kung-foo flip to his hooves, managing to clip you with one of his hind hooves. You could hear your jaw pop a little as your nearly drop your weapon.
>You swing for the legs, tying to deprive him of his primary weapons, but damn was this guy fast! He jumped straight over your axe and kicked you in the back of the neck.
>This guy was really starting to piss you off. You managed to strike him with the butt of it, then followed up good ol' fashioned buck to the chest.
>He was down again, you readied yourself for another spin kick-
>Aaand he was still down. You saw him struggle to push himself back to his hooves, to no avail. This guy really couldn't take a kick.
>"I'm calling it." the referee cut in, landing beside Red Rum and checking his vitals.
>For a moment, the eyes of the white-robed pegasus glowed with a faint light as she touched Red Rum. Soon enough, he was back on his hooves, almost seeming good as new.
>"Strawberry Fields has won the duel! Prepare for the next competitor!"
>The crowd cheered for you, and a dopey grin fills your face. You drop your axe and raise your hooves, screaming in triumph!

>Be Pocket Knife
>You almost forgot how Fields could take a beating as good as she gave. You feel a tinge of worry for yourself, though. SHE nearly got punched out by a scrawny little pegasus, what's gonna happen to you when you go out there?
>You'll burn that bridge when you come to it. For now, Strawberry trotted up to you merrily after she was finished gloating a bit.

What do?
>Playfully remark how she almost got her ass kicked. She should really learn to dodge.
>Pat her on the back and tell her she did well.
>She looks pretty bloodied, ask her if she's okay.
>Other (Specify)
>>
Well, whatever it is, it will be resolved with me phoneposting. About to close up for the night, expect more sometime this week.
>>
>>29622116
>Pat her on the back and tell her she did well.
I hope we'll do as well as she had out there.
>>
>>29622116
Give her a hug and tell her she was amazing out there.
>>
>>29622116
>>29622152(Odds)
>>29622197(Evens)
1d2...Odds

>And you do just that.
"You kicked his tail, Fields."
>Only one fight and like, six punches, and she's already gleaming with pride.
>She responds by punching you in the shoulder. You try to make it look like it didn't hurt, but unfortunately you fail.
"Ah, save it for the next guy, won't ya?!"
>"I'm not sorry."
"I believe you."

I know it was pretty short, but works sucks.
>>
>>29622253
Boooo you suck. So who's fighting next? Is it us or some other competitor?
>>
>>29622253
Maybe we can flutter or seduce lure opponent.
>>
>>29622253
Smack her on the ass.
>>
>>29622362
We'll timeskip to Pocket's first fight when I can find time to sit down and go clickety-clack on the keyboard, which looks like it won't be til Friday.
>>
>>29626019
Is seducing the opponent into surrendering a possiblility?
>>
>>29626019
When will I get the opportunity to fill my insatiable desire for loot?
>>
https://roll20.net/compendium/dnd5e/Rogue#h-Rogue
Here's something for you dumb dumbs.
>>
>>
>>29628616
>>
Bumping til friday.
>>
>>29630324
>>29630324
>>
>>29630911
>>
No need to bump. I'll make a new thread on Friday.
>>
>>29626472
Nothing is impossible. Just improbable. >>29626560
Soon(TM)
>>
>>
>>29632181
You did your best, but mindless faggots like >>29633466 will make sure this board has just one more empty thread.
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.