[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warrant CYOA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 512
Thread images: 3

File: warrant.png (132KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
warrant.png
132KB, 768x768px
Previous Thread
>>29584551
Anonpone Archive:
https://www.anonpone.com/warrant/
>>
>Eye shifting back to the safe, you take another long look at the weapons
“This guy expecting a war sometime soon or something?”
>That’s when you feel it
>The tiniest of air currents hits your, a few of your hairs standing on end
>You know immediately what the situation is
>Without another thought you throw your arm to the side, a blur smacking into it
“Velvet no! BAD MARE!”
>You hold the unicorn back, her hooves flailing as she attempts to squirm out of your grasp
>”You don’t understand Guri! You don’t understand!”
>You finally manage to get a better grip, the mare still wriggling
>”Just let me check out the machine gun! It’ll only take a second!”
>”It most certainly wont”
>One of the cops walks into the safe, looking around
>”This is going to take days to go through and classify”
>”Yeah, we’re going to have to call in some other guys from the station. You all might just want to head home, you can’t help us with this”
>>
>>29609485
It'd be a good idea to get Velvet VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE GUNS.
>>
>That might be a good idea
>It'd be a good idea to get Velvet VERY FAR AWAY FROM THE GUNS
>You nod to them, the police going back to the safe’s contents
“Come on”
>The mare huffs as you carry her out of the room, the rest of your band following along
>Entering the hallway, you plop the unicorn onto the floor, her muzzle already scrunched
>”That was the coolest thing I’ve ever seen in my life! You couldn’t just let me check it out?”
“Certainly not, you know how you get around those things”
>”What? I bet they weren’t even loaded”
>”Ahem”
>You and Velvet cease your bickering, Star stepping forward
>”Will any of you be requiring anything else of me? If not, I have to begin to organize everything back where it belongs that you took out of place”
>>
>>29609828
Yeah, the others are staying behind to document some stuff, but we'll be leaving now. Thanks again for the help Star.
>>
“Yeah, the others are staying behind to document some stuff, but we'll be leaving now”
>”Alright. I hope that my service was helpful”
>You smirk, giving her a nod
“It certainly was””
>As if on cue Velvet and Umbra begin to walk to the staircase, Garnet pausing to give the maid a word of thanks
>Walking by, she faithfully waits by your side as the two ponies trot down to the next level
“Thanks again for the help Star. We’ll see ourselves out”
>”Enjoy the rest of your evening. Now if you’ll excuse me”
>Turning the other way, the little pegasus goes down the hallway, disappearing around a corner
>”Well, I’m glad she was here”
“Yeah, we would have never gotten into those safes otherwise”
>Accompanying the griffoness down the stairs the two of you head down each flight, eventually finding yourselves back where you started on the first floor
>Velvet and Umbra lazily hang by the front door, waiting for you to catch up before heading on outside
>The gaslights heading down the main walkway cast an eerie glow across the cobble stone leading up to the gate, the last bit of sunlight beginning to retreat for the day
>Iron creaking as the gate is opened, the four of you exit, closing it firmly before heading down the sidewalk
>”It’s not fair”
>Your eyes are cast curiously upon Velvet
>”Some fat cat dork gets his own personal arsenal, and I’m working for peanuts to get a little six shooter”
“Just a couple days ago you thought your gun was the coolest thing”
>”That was before I saw that machine gun!”
>”That is a good point though”
>Garnet pauses a second, thinking
>”Why would someone like him even need all of that? I mean, I suppose he could be really into collecting weapons, but come on, a machine gun?”
>>
>>29610350
He's having financial problems, Could be selling on the side.
>>
“He's having financial problems, Could be selling on the side”
>”I suppose so. But whatever it is, I’m sure the police will figure out where all that stuff came from”
“I hope so. It might make our job a whole lot easier”
>Reaching the street corner you instinctively grab a hold of Velvet, launching into the air
>Umbra and Garnet follow suit, flying in line until you touch down back outside the inn, Velvet hopping out of your arms
>Heading inside the innkeeper at the desk doesn’t even give you a glance, too busy reading some kind of book to notice his surroundings
>Making your way up the stairs and unlocking the door the four of you spill inside, light being flicked on
>”Thanks for letting us crash here for a little bit. A break before flying back home sounds nice”
“Hey, it’s no problem. I owe you after spending the night at your place”
>She grins, deep red eyes staring into yours
>That is until the snap to the side, a very high pitch version of the griffon national anthem being whistled
>”Oh my god, is that your new pet?”
“Sure is!”
>”Woah woah woah!”
>Velvet gallops over, puffing herself up
>”He’s MY pet! Guri over here just taught him bad habits”
>Garnet gives her an amused look before returning her attention to the canary
>”Well I think he’s outright adorable! It’s like you turned him into a little griffon!”
>Velvet's eye twitches, biting her tongue to keep from speaking out
>>
>>29610527
Only fitting considering his name.
>>
>>29610527
And as we all know, there's nothing wrong with being a griffon. Right, Velvet?
>>
“Only fitting considering his name”
>”What’s that?”
“Lil’ Guri”
>”Awww”
“Yup! Velvet came up with it herself”
>”Well, then I guess he really is an honorary griffon”
“And as we all know, there's nothing wrong with being a griffon. Right, Velvet?”
>”Of course not… but there is something wrong with turning someone’s pet against them!”
>Her eye twitches yet again, but Umbra quickly sweeps in, beginning to chat her up
>The bat is a quick learner
>Opening up the cage you watch the little songbird spread its wings, doing a loop around the room before landing on your shoulder
>”Hmph”
“What’s wrong Garnet”
>”I figured that I was the only griffon in your life. Obviously I was wrong”
>She grins as she reaches out, gently giving the little guy a rub on the head
>>
>>29610847
Don't worry, you're still my favorite. At least until the little guy gets one of those kneading couches.
>>
“Don't worry, you're still my favorite”
>You give your shoulder a quick glance, the bird seeming quite content
“At least until the little guy gets one of those kneading couches”
>That gets a chuckle out of Garnet, canary squawking back at her
>”Using me for couch access, how romantic”
>Talons wrap around your neck, a beak plating a kiss on you
>”But maybe you can come on over tomorrow for some couch time and… maybe some other perks?”
“Y-yeah”
>”That’s what I like to hear. See you at work tomorrow”
>With a final hug she bids you all goodbye, everyone wishing her one back
>Tail tuft disappearing around the corner and she’s gone, door being shut behind her
>”I’ll take this”
>A pair of hooves reaches up, removing the canary from your shoulder
>”Come on, I bet you want some seeds”
>An excited chirp is her reply as Velvet trots to the cage
>As she attends to that you suddenly become reminded of the dorky bat before you, awkwardly standing around
>”Sooo… it’s uh, getting pretty late”
“Sure is”
>”And my home’s a little ways away. Would you um, mind if I maybe… stayed here for the night?”
>>
>>29611099
I guess not. There's no spare bed here though, so you'll have to take the couch. Unless you do that... y'know, bat thing.
>>
“I guess not. There's no spare bed here though, so you'll have to take the couch”
>You glance back at his wings, pondering
“Unless you do that... y'know, bat thing”
>”You mean roosting?”
“Is that what you call it?”
>”Of course! It’s quite comfy, you should try it sometime”
“I uh… maybe one day”
>You see his bright eyes dart around, looking at the ceiling
>”I’ll have to find a firm place to get a hold of though”
>”I see you two are getting along just fine”
>Velvet shuts the cage, walking between you and Umbra
>”I’m gonna get a shower. Be good you two!”
>Not even waiting for a response she darts into the bathroom, door being slammed and water be activated moments later
>”So uh, Velvet”
>One of your eyebrows rises
>”She’s quite the mare huh? Only known her for a week but… she’s something alright”
>>
>>29611349
Yeah. One of a kind. Doesn't seem to have scared you off yet, so she must like you.
>>
“Yeah. One of a kind”
>”That’s for sure”
>The bat smirks, shaking his head a bit as he no doubt recalls something she’s done
“Doesn't seem to have scared you off yet, so she must like you”
>”Well, I obviously haven’t known her as long as you, but I know that her heart is in the right place… most of the time”
>Your mind flashes back to the cat incident, cringing once more
>But nonetheless, he’s right
“Yeah, but reigning her in once her mind starts wandering can be a hassle”
>”I can imagine that being pretty stressful. But her antics always keep things interesting”
>He smiles warmly, continuing
>”Guri, you may be surprised but I’m… a bit of a dork”
“I uh, never would have guessed”
>”Yeah, I know, shocking. But since I joining you guys, my life doesn’t just consist of manual oat labor and fruit studies. You’re a great friend”
>The little bat rushes forward, hooves wrapping around your torso in a firm hug
>Soon afterwards his wings spread, a chill going down your spine as the leathery protrusions snake around your back as he hugs
>The bathroom door flies back open, Velvet’s head poking out
>”Would you believe that I forgot my sku- HEY! Hands off my man!”
>>
>>29611524
Told you before V. No one can can resist the tuft.
>>
Pausing
>>
bek
>>
>>29611524
Believe me, it's not what it looks like.
>>
beb
>>
>>29611524
Aw, and here I thought you'll be happy to see us bonding.
>>
bep
>>
floof'd
>>
>>29611524
I'm sure Umbra has studied a lot of "fruits" if you know what I mean.
>>
bumpity bump
>>
>>29614597
but I don't
>>
>>29611524
>hands
>>
“Believe me, it's not what it looks like”
>The bat quickly lets go of you, cheeks burning with embarrassment
“Well, who am I kidding? Told you before V. No one can resist the tuft”
>”Well he better be the exception or ELSE!”
“Aw, and here I thought you'll be happy to see us bonding”
>With an annoyed sigh she lights up her horn, grabbing a small jar off the dresser
>With another deathly stare the door is slammed once more, shower curtain pulled
>Umbra still looks like a deer in the headlights, wings now firmly tucked against his body
>”You ever afraid that one day she might snap or something? Smother your beak with a pillow in the middle of the night?”
>>
>>29616601
You think she hasn't already tried that?
>>
>>29616601
Nah. Velvet's a hothead but she's got a good heart. And you know if you've really upset her. She gets quieter, not louder.
>>
“You think she hasn't already tried that?”
>”O-oh”
>He looks significantly more concerned
“Nah, kidding. Velvet's a hothead but she's got a good heart. And you know if you've really upset her ”
>”How’s that?”
“She gets quieter, not louder”
>”Well that’s a relief. She’s always using her outside voice when we hang out”
>You laugh, walking over to the dresser to retrieve a book
“Go ahead and make yourself at home. Velvet should be a while”
>”How long’s a while?”
“Depends on how much hot water the hotel’s stored up today”
>Flopping into a chair you open up the book, sinking back to relax
>…
>Only the tiniest bit of light enters in through the crack in the curtains, the sun having set long ago
>Beside you a unicorn casually flips the page in her book, soft glow of the bedside lamp illuminating her side of the bed
>But that’s not what you’re focused on
>Your eyes are affixed on the dark form hanging from the ceiling, leathery wings wrapped around it to form some kind of black cocoon
>It’s… it’s unsettling to be honest
>Umbra gently snores from his upside down position, having fallen asleep not too long ago
>”Guri, quit staring”
“I-I am not”
>”Yes, yes you are. It’s not polite”
“But it just looks so… wrong!”
>”It’s his culture Guri. You don’t see me judging you for yours. Besides, it’s not THAT weird”
>The bat’s ears twitch, fuzzy tufts fidgeting in the darkness
>”If you didn’t want him to roost you should have gave him your half of the bed anyway”
>>
>>29616835
Ha, yeah right. All that would have meant is me AND him not getting any bed and you taking all of it.
>>
“Ha, yeah right. All that would have meant is me AND him not getting any bed and you taking all of it”
>”Hmph. Why do you always jump to conclusions?”
>The subtle scrunch on her muzzle is all the evidence that you need to confirm your accusation
“Whatever”
>Yawning, you snuggle down into the blanket some more
“Come on Velvet, just hit the light. We’ve got work tomorrow”
>”I don’t know Guri, that day off felt pretty good…”
“Velvet”
>”Ugh, fine”
>Her book is shut, lamp clicking as the room is plunged into total darkness
>The mattress shifts a bit, Velvet getting comfortable before settling on a position
>Quiteness is soon to set in, the only sound being to occasional cart passing by on the street
>Casting one last glance at the roosting bat, you are quick to look away, the creepy outline seeming eerie in the blackness of night
>Eyes closing, you try to push those thoughts out of your mind
>…
>Paws twitching, you feel yourself beginning to wake, the light of morning obviously creeping into the room
>With a stretch your claws extend, eyes slowly opening
>That was actually a pretty nice slee-
“AHHHHHH!”
>A pair of slit pupiled eyes peer down at you from directly above
>”Good morning Guri!”
>Umbra hangs right above you on the ceiling, obviously having moved during the night
>”You ok? You look like you saw a ghost”
>>
>>29617139
Please don't do that. I have enough nightmares about cat eyes already.
>>
“Please don't do that. I have enough nightmares about cat eyes already”
>”Cat eyes? What do you mean?”
“Nothing, just forget about it”
>Rolling over you give the lump under the sheets a quick smack, the mare yelping
“Come on Velv, we gotta get to work”
>”No, not yet…”
“Yeah, it’s time. Come on, we had the day off yesterday”
>”Doesn’t count, we were working”
>Rolling your eyes you slink out of the bed, a gush of air going by as Umbra swoops off the ceiling
>He sure does look a lot less creepy when he’s on the floor
>Velvet finally worms her way out of the bed, reaching for a brush to fish her mane
>A quick breakfast later and you’re out the door, Umbra excitedly flying alongside you as you hoist Velvet into the air
>Punching into work the same as always you say goodbye to the ponies, promising to see them at lunch as the hallways veers off to your department
>All your coworkers begrudgingly report to their stations as the whistle sounds, signifying that work begins in five minutes
>Fastening your apron, you get ready for the day, readying yourself for a morning of fish filleting
>”Hey, are you Guri?”
>An unknown griffon stands before you, clipboard in his talons
“Uh, yeah”
>”Ok. You still got furballs?”
>What the fuck
“Er, I do not”
>”Ok good, good”
>He begins to walk away but you quickly snap in
“W-wait! How do you know about that?”
>”Huh? Oh I’m filling in for Garnet today, and the record showed that you were out yesterday with furballs. Just confirming that you’re good to work today”
>>
>>29617600
Is she okay?
>>
>He turns once more, but you cut in again
“Wait just minute”
>”Oh come on man, I’ve got a job to do”
“Well is she okay?”
>”Who? Garnet?”
“Yes!”
>”Heck if I know, I’m just here to fill in”
>He takes a moment to point in the direction of the offices
>”Just punched in this morning and they said they needed someone to fill in for this section. So yeah, that’s why I’m here pretty much”
>>
>>29617793
Get to work, we can check when we're on break.
>>
>>29617793
Well shit. If she came down with something it must have been fast. She was fine last night.
>>
>Well shit. If she came down with something it must have been fast
>She was totally fine last night
>Thanking your temporary manager you pick up your knife, getting to work
>You’ll just check in with the office when it’s break time
>Looking down the first fish of the day goes rolling down the line, your knife poised to turn it into a delicious fillet
>A few hours later the whistle sounds once more, your apron coming off by instinct
>Griffons begin to head for the exit and cafeteria, ready for lunch
>You however, move towards the offices, casually pushing open the door and going inside
>A simply setup greets you, a secretary desk at the front and what you assume are more offices down the hallway
>”You lost or something?”
>Your attention turns to the apparent secretary, a cup of coffee in her talons
“Excuse me?”
>”You aren’t a manager are you? You realize you’re in the company offices right?”
>>
>>29618017
We heard that our manager wasn't here today and we were wondering if she's okay.
>>
“We heard that our manager wasn't here today and we were wondering if she's okay”
>”What’s her name?”
“Garnet”
>She spins her chair around, opening up a drawer before digging around through it
>Not long after a file is retrieved, the griffoness popping it open
>”Uh… oh, here we go”
>Turning back around she faces you
>”Garnet called in sick last night, so we got someone to fill in for her today. That's pretty much all it says”
>>
>>29618280
Last night she seemed fine. We should go check on her.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29618280
do we want lunch? do we want to visit her? Or should we try calling and also snag some lunch?
>>
File: 1405228751191.jpg (28KB, 266x265px) Image search: [Google]
1405228751191.jpg
28KB, 266x265px
>>29619003
too many options to truly analyze
>>
>>29618280
She will be fine, probably just took a day off like we did. We can check up on her once we are done with work.
>>
>>29620302
I don't know Anon. She gave Broker her name and where she worked, and she was definitely fine when she left our place.
>>
>>29620816
Well Garnet her self called in sick so unless they have someone who can impersonate her I doubt they kidnapped her. Don't see how kidnapping her would help him at all besides making him look even more guilty.
>>
>>29621281
If there is a changeling involved that would be easy.
>>
>>29621335
If they had a changeling then they wouldn't need her to call in sick.
>>
>>29621405
They would if there's only one changeling.
>>
>>29621420
One changeling could still impersonate her at work.
>>
>>29621442
Not if he was already impersonating Broker.
>>
>>29621449
Then what exactly does he gain from kidnapping Garnet? it just makes him look more guilty.
>>
>>29621478
She's one of us, and we're being a problem.
>>
>>29621495
I don't think becoming the prime suspect in a kidnapping case is the way to solve us being a problem.
>>
>>29621617
I don't think underestimating criminals is a good idea. We don't know enough about what's going on to assume the best.
>>
>>29621661
We can give her a call I just think it would be overkill to fly all the way there right now.
>>
bep
>>
>Hm. Last night you thought she looked fine
>Maybe she just wanted a day off like you and Velvet did?
>Thanking the secretary you stroll on out of the offices, heading towards the lobby
>No need to go running over there, a phone call will do
>Grabbing a pay phone you shove the coin through the slot, spinning the dial to ring up her number
>A few seconds later it begins ringing
>But almost immediately turns into rhythmic beeping
>The line must be busy
>>
>>29623175
We're heading over immediately after work.
>>
>>29623175
>inb4 rang work and then just dropped the phone and left
>>
>>29623175
M-maybe she is just on the phone with someone right now.
>>
>>29623175
She is our mate we should be able to sense if she is in trouble.
Channel your inner griffon sense and see if you can feel danger.
>>
>M-maybe she is just on the phone with someone right now
>You glance back at the pay phone for a moment, unsure of what to do
>Maybe you should head over?
>No, don’t be dumb, you’ll miss work
>… but maybe you really should check up on her?
>You feel yourself being torn between the options, a bead of sweat running down your face
>Closing your eyes you take a deep breath, mind being put at ease
>She is your mate
>You should be able to sense if she is in trouble
>Channeling your inner griffon, sensing for danger
>Soon, you become one with your primal instincts, the world around you becoming detached
>You sense…
>You sens-
>”What’re ordering take out of something?”
>Your inner peace shatters, eyes opening
>Velvet and Umbra stand off to the side curiously
>”Better be ordering me medium salad with extra tomato if you are. Lunch is nearly over!”
>>
>>29623532
Uh, no. Garnet didn't come in today. Apparently she rang in sick, last night. Now her line's engaged. I'm getting a little worried.
>>
>>29623532
Lets just eat. She's both smart and capable so if anything came up she can take care of herself. Besides, she would've had to have been the one to call in sick.
>>
“Uh, no. Garnet didn't come in today”
>”Oh I see, checkin’ in on her”
“Apparently she rang in sick, last night. Now her line's engaged. I'm getting a little worried”
>”Over what? She’s taking a day off”
“Well…”
>”You’re paranoid come on”
>A hoof tugs you away from the wall, you just barely hanging up the phone in time
>”I’m not gonna miss lunch because you two love birds miss each other”
>Velvet leads you towards the cafeteria, but you look back at the payphone one last time
>Smirking, you shake your head
>Garnet’s smart, she can take care of herself if anything comes up
>Besides, she would've had to have been the one to call in sick
>You’ll just head over after work and check up on her
>Finally reaching the cafeteria the three of you hop in line, quickly grabbing plates
>It takes a bit of searching, but eventually three open seats are found, Velvet and Umbra taking the ones across from you
>Digging in silently, you try to take your mind off Garnet
>”So, Garnet”
>God damn it
>"Didn’t take her for one to skip out on work. Unlike us clever individuals”
>>
>>29623838
That is why i am worried. It isnt like her to miss work.
>>
>>29623838
That's what I mean. If she decided on this last night why didn't she say anything?
>>
“That is why i am worried. It isnt like her to miss work”
>”Ah come on Guri, everyone needs an off day every once in a while. Why, I bet she’s rolling around in the sunlight from a window right now”
“I don’t know… if she decided on this last night why didn't she say anything?”
>Velvet’s shoulder’s shrug
>”Eh, sometimes you just decide that going to work tomorrow just doesn’t fit into your life goals”
>She chews up a piece of lettuce, swallowing before continuing
>”Look, if you’re still feeling paranoid, I’ll come with you after work to her place… and Umbra too!”
>”Actually, I have to go home and organiz-“
>”Yeah! The three of us will just go over and make sure she’s fine”
>Umbra gives you a confused look, Velvet not even seeming to resister him
>”Heck, she’s probably taking some catnip while we slave away at work”
>Velvet chuckles, shaking her head
>"Crazy griffs"
>>
>>29624328
...Okay.
>>
>>29624328
Says the mare who wanted to sleep away all of yesterday.
>>
“...Okay”
>She beams brightly
“Also, says the mare who wanted to sleep away all of yesterday”
>”I was gonna get up! Honest”
>Plunging your fork back into your meat you wave her off
“Whatever. Just hurry up, we gotta get back to work?”
>”Hurry up? If it wasn’t for me you’d still be standing at that phone”
>Cutting off another piece of meat you quickly finish the meal, Umbra and Velvet wrapping up as well
>Returning to work, the rest of the day seems to go buy in a haze, the only thing you can think of being Garnet
>It didn’t seem like any time had gone by at all when the whistle blew, your body being pushed along in the sea of griffs towards the exit
>Regaining your senses at some point you find yourself on the lawn, Velvet conveniently darting out of the crowd
“You ready to go?”
>”Yeah, but Umbra had to go home and do something with his fruit plants. I mean, if he couldn’t make it, he should of at least told us when we planned the whole thing!”
“Velvet, I… let’s just get moving”
>”What? What?”
>You don’t answer as your claws secure the mare, wings beating to lift you two into the air
>Touching down, you’re quick to push open the gate, Velvet casually walking inside the lawn
>Walking up to the door you pause, unicorn looking up to you
>”Well? Go and knock, it’s what most situations call for as the next step here”
>Sighing, you lift your hand, curling it into a fist before knocking on the solid wood door
>Waiting a few moments, nothing happens
>With more energy you pound on it much louder, door shaking in the frame
>Going silent, you listen for paw steps
>No response comes
>"Huh. Must be sleeping"
>>
>>29624583
Knock very hard.
>>
>>29624583
See if it's unlocked.
>>
>Your brow furrows, fist cocking back
>You feel bad about this, but you’ve got to make sure nobody could sleep through this
>With a savage hit, the door shudders, your fist repeating the motion three more times, each loud thud echoing
>Hand stinging, you place it at your side, waiting
>A minute goes by, and yet nothing happens
>Reaching down you jiggle the doorknob furiously, finding it locked firmly
>Grunting in frustration, even Velvet starts to look a bit concerned
>”M-maybe she went to a clinic or something, I don’t know”
>Taking a few steps off the doorstep you look through a window, pushing your face against the glass
>You can't see much past the living room, but everything seems to be in order, a lone lamp emitting light
>>
>>29624768
There a payphone nearby? We should ring again. If it's engaged then something's up.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29624768
What if Garnet is at the apartment? Try what >>29624795 said, but call the apartment first.
>>
Rip Garnet
>>
>>29626253
delet this
>>
>>29626285
she got deleted
>>
File: 1488859617314.png (1KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
1488859617314.png
1KB, 128x128px
red waifu
>>
“Wait here”
>”Hey! Where are you going?”
“There should be a pay phone down the street. I’ll be back in a few minutes”
>You leave the mare behind, walking once more outside the gate
>The phone wasn’t too hard to come by, sitting at a street corner only a block down
>Waiting as patiently as you possibly can at the moment for a pony to finish up with it you quickly dart, snatching it off the line as soon as he’s done, bit being fed through the slot in a swift motion
>But it isn’t Garnet’s place you call first, it’s the inn
>Maybe she went to your apartment for some reason?
>It takes a minute, but the familiar voice of the inn keep comes over the line
“IS ANYON-“
>You catch yourself, taking a breath to calm down
“Er, is anyone currently in room 23B?”
>”Uh, yeah there’s a griffon renting it out. Who is this?”
“No, I mean is anyone in it right now? This is Guri, the guy renting the room”
>”No? Why would anyone be in your room?”
“I was just wondering”
>You don’t even wait for a response before hanging up, pulling out another coin in a flash
>Redialing, you try Garnet’s once more
>Shifting your weight from paw to paw nervously, it finally connects
>And begins to beep again, the line still busy
>Alright, something’s definitely up
>Barely remember to even put the phone back on the hook you dash back to her place, finding Velvet still standing at the front door
“Did you hear anything inside?”
>”Uh, no? Why?”
“The line is still busy”
>”So what, she’s on the phone?”
“No. I tried calling at lunch and it was busy. Somethings wrong”
>She looks to the door, then back at you
>”So what are we gonna do?”
>>
>>29628265
Is there some kind of landlord that might have spare keys?
>>
>You glance to the lock, frowning
“There has to be a landlord somewhere that has keys”
>She doesn’t look too convinced
>”I mean, I guess. But how would we even find out who that is?”
>She glances around, apparently not finding whatever she’s looking for
>”I don’t see any yard advertisements for renters or anything”
>Giving the lock another jiggle, she chips in once more
>”I saw we find an open window, or something. I think it’s either we look around for a landlord or we might be breaking in from the looks of it”
>>
>>29628600
We should look and see if there was any sign of a struggle while we try to find a way in.
>>
>>29628600
Alright, guess we can look for a way in.
>>
>You ponder it, eventually nodding
“Alright, guess we can look for a way in”
>Before the words even leave your beak Velvet is snaking alongside the edge of the apartment, stopping at every window
>Pulling up with her hooves, she grunts in frustration at each one that remains locked
>For your part you check the ones she already tried, just to see if a bit of griffon strength can do the trick
>”Hey! Over here!”
>Velvet waves to you, a window cracked upon before her
>”Come on Guri, gimme a boost”
>Complying you watch her scramble through, hooves clicking as she lands on the floor inside
>Gripping the window frame you give a little hop, paws using their claws to get a grip as you pull yourself inside
>You nearly fall flat on your face, but rolling over you find yourself inside of Garnet’s living room
“Velvet?”
>”Right over here, birdbrain”
>She’s already poking around cautiously, peering over furniture like she thinks she’s a spy or something
>While she does her thing your eyes glance over to the small table next to Garnet’s prized couch
>There her telephone lays, the phone casually placed on the table, facing upwards
>>
>>29628898
Check the other rooms.
>>
“Come on, let’s check the other rooms”
>You and Velvet leave the living room, heading into the kitchen
>There isn’t much to it, a quick glance around and you can tell that nothing seems oddly out of place
>Claws and hoofs clicking on the tile you both find yourselves back on carpet, looking down a dim hallway
>Flicking the light switch, you both cautiously head down it, cringing every time the floor creaks when you step in the wrong spot
>Slowly opening the first door you find a closet, pushing aside the rack of coats just to find nothing of interest
>Shutting it carefully, the lock barely clicks as you move on to the next one, finding the bathroom
>But even that reveals nothing of interest, the tub and sink bone dry from lack of recent use
>Finally however you reach the end of the hallway, opening up what she told you was her bedroom
>Already noticing how dark it is you’re quick to find a light switch, head poking in with caution a moment later
>Velvet trots inside, you taking a moment to absolutely make sure there’s no surprises
>As you walk inside the mare goes right for the closet, pulling aside the double doors as you peer around
>Nothing really seems suspicious. Jars of perfume on the dresser are all stacked neatly, curtains are casually pulled shut
>Glancing at the bed however, you note that it looks a bit messy, the blanket jumbled up and hanging off the side
>Approaching, you place a single hand on the bed, noting that there’s no trace of warmth at all
>”There aint anything in here Guri”
>The mare closes the closet, looking a bit annoyed
>”You got any ideas? Because she obviously aint home”
>>
>>29629336
Well, no signs of a struggle, just the phone left off the receiver. Looks like she just called in sick and left for the day, and I'm worried about nothing.

Let's get out of here, Velv.
>>
>>29629336
Any way we could check the last number called on the phone?
>>
>>29629358
I don't know. This whole thing seems wrong. She left late last night after telling us she'd see us at work tomorrow, then suddenly decided to take the day off? She's obviously not sick or she'd have stayed at home.
>>
>You frown, looking around the room again
>There’s no sign of a struggle anywhere
>Maybe she just went out for the day and forgot to hang up the phone?
>Your thoughts quickly turn pessimistic again as you remember her saying that she’d see you at work tomorrow last night
>And where would she go if she was sick? She should be at home resting
“I don’t know. I’m going to go check the phone”
>”What about it?”
“See if I can figure out what the last number entered was”
>”Alright. I’m gonna poke around here some more while you take care of that”
>Leaving the mare you head back to the living room, grabbing the phone
>Raising to your ear, you listen in, just a gentle hum sounding
>Placing it back on the hook, you rub your chin, picking the whole thing up
>Come on, there has to be a way to figure this out. Maybe you could call the operator?
>”Hey Guri”
>You sigh, placing the phone back down
“What is it Velvet?”
>”This belong to Garnet?”
>The mare holds up a derringer in her magic
>Garnet’s derringer to be exact
“Where the hell did you find that?”
>Snatching it, the two barrels sway a bit on the open hinge
>”I was walking out of her room and checked behind the door before I left. Sure enough, there it was”
>Peering into the breech, there’s no rounds inside it
“Was it exactly like this when you picked it up?”
>”Yeah! Just kinda open like that, had nothing in it”
>>
>>29629577
This makes no sense. She wouldn't unload it and leave it on the floor. It can't have been fired either, if there's no casings. Are there any holes in the walls? Maybe casings under the furniture or in the trash.
>>
Pausing
>>
Return to the apartment. maybe a note is awaiting us (hopefully). If not, then it may as well be a wild goose chase.
>>
>>29629577
Do you think perhaps the neighbors may have seen something?
>>
bep
>>
rip waifu
>>
bek
>>
beb
>>
chirp
>>
Where in the world is Garnet Sandiego?
>>
>>29633484
She is dead
>>
“This makes no sense. She wouldn't unload it and leave it on the floor”
>”Well that’s how I found it”
>Looking down the barrel again, you frown
>Couldn’t have been fired. There’s no casings in it
>Unless she ejected them at some point
“Let’s go take another look around her room. Then we should probably head back to the apartment in case she went over there”
>Going back down the hallway you both enter the bedroom again, Velvet pointing to where she found the gun
“Look around for any casings or holes in the wall. There has to be something”
>Eyes glancing along the walls, you fail to see anything resembling a gunshot
>In fact, the walls are pristine
>”Hey, got something”
>Velvet pulls her hoof out from the nightstand, revealing to unfired bullets
>”One was under here, the other was kinda next to her bed frame”
>>
>>29634328
So she grabbed her gun but didn't have time to load it, doesn't look good.
We should ask her neighbors if they heard anything odd last night.
>>
>>29634328
Weird how there isn't any signs of struggle, since it seems like someone disarmed her, unloaded her gun, and kicked it to the side.
>>
>>29634328
If I had to guess I'd say she went for the gun and a unicorn popped it open. There wouldn't be much struggle if they had a gun on her after that.
>>
“Weird how there isn't any signs of struggle… someone had to have disarmed her and unloaded it somehow”
>Maybe a unicorn popped it open? Or they just simply got to it before her and kicked it aside?
>They could have just kept their own gun on her after that. It would explain the lack of a struggle
“I think that’s all we need here”
>Tucking the gun and bullets in your bag you and Velvet make for the front door, making sure to lock it as you leave
“I’m gonna go see is her neighbor is home, it should just take a minute”
>Velvet faithfully follows along as you walk to the next apartment over, knocking on the door
>It takes a minute, but you eventually hear paw steps, the door unlocking
>A black and white griffoness greets you, looking confused but still welcoming
>”Well hello there. You need something?”
“Actually I was just wondering if you could tell me something. Did you happen to hear anything out of the ordinary last night next door?”
>”Next door? You mean Garnet’s place?”
>You nod, the griffoness beginning to ponder
>”Well… nothing TOO out of the ordinary. I heard her door open like around midnight, but I figured she just went out to the bar or something”
>She glances to Velvet, then back to you, face becoming more concerned as she senses something is off
>”Is… something wrong?”
>>
>>29634664
She's not home, and she didn't come in to work today. Are you sure you didn't hear anything else?
>>
>>29634664
Yeah She wasn't at work today and she isn't at home.
I haven't been able to contact her at all and I am worried something has happened to her..
>>
“She's not home, and she didn't come in to work today. I haven't been able to contact her at all and I am worried something has happened to her…”
>”I’m guessing you’re a friend of hers?”
“Yeah. Coworker too actually. I know that she’s always so diligent at work so I came over here and she’s just gone”
>”And you think she might be in danger?”
>All you can do is nod, eyes falling
“Are you sure you didn't hear anything else?”
>”I mean… not particularly. Other than someone leaving the house around midnight, that’s really all I heard. I had the radio on last night, so it’s not like I was really in tune with what was going on at my neighbors”
>She gives you both another look, expression softening
>”If you think something’s happened to her, I’d go to the police if I were you. There’s a station just a few blocks over… sorry I couldn’t really help”
>>
>>29635260
>leaving
Isn't that when she should've gotten back? Was there any activity before than?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29636275
>>
Waifunappers deserve no mercy.
>>
>>29637771
what if we were the waifunapper the whole time?
>>
bek
>>
>>29638232
Then we must Waifunap our waifu back
>>
>You turn to Velvet, half talking to her, half talking to yourself
“She did leave pretty late last night, shouldn’t she have been getting home about that time?”
>Your partner merely shrugs
>Returning your attention to the griffoness in the doorway you start to question her again
“Was there any activity before then?”
>”Well… not that I recall”
“No odd noises? Shady characters?”
>She huffs, apparently thinking hard to recall anything
>”I mean… I saw a few stallions walking down the sidewalk earlier in the day. That was probably the only thing that was remotely out of place”
“Why’s that?”
>”Well, not too often that you get ponies walking through the griffon part of town on account of some of their… attitudes towards us”
>She flashes Velvet a look, the mare just shrugging her shoulders
“Can you describe any of them?”
>”Oh heck I don’t know… there was an earth pony, a unicorn… one had like a lock for a mark, one had a knife or something. Couldn’t really see the other one, the first two kinda blocked my view”
>>
>>29640012
>lock and knife
Welp. It's something to go on at least. Describe the arsonist to her. Did the third look anything like that?
>>
>Welp, it's something to go on at least
“Did there happen to be a unicorn among the with an ember cutie mark? About average size”
>”I… can’t say that I did. Sorry”
>She glances back inside
>”That’s honestly all I can recall. But you’ll have to excuse me, I’ve got dinner on the stove”
>You don’t even get the chance to speak before she casually shuts the door, leaving Velvet and you standing there
>”Well now what? That lady didn’t help at all”
“At least she gave us something to go off of”
>”Yeah, well I say we go talk to the cops or something, because the way I see it, we got nothin’”
>>
>>29640437
Yeah, we need to report her missing, and try to figure out where they'd go. Do you think they'd take her to the caves? It's a long way to drag someone.
>>
“Yeah, we need to report her missing. And try to figure out where they'd go too”
>Heading back to the gate, you both start walking down the sidewalk, trying to remember where exactly the police station is
“Do you think they'd take her to the caves?”
>”The caves? You mean all the way outside of town?”
“Yeah. It's a long way to drag someone, but I don’t know”
>”It beats me Guri. I mean, I guess it’s a possibility, but that’s quite the trip, especially with a griffon in tow”
>The station is found easily enough, just a few blocks away as the griffoness had said
>Dashing up the stairs like a mad cat you’re quick to push open the doors, skittering across the floor up to the front desk
>The stallion up front looks a bit surprised at your entry, but none the less waits for you to take a breath
>”Is there… anything I can help you with?”
“I need to file a missing griffon report”
>”Missing griffon? Uh, hang on”
>His chair spins, file cabinet opening
>Not long after, he slams a form down on the desk
“And, you’re sure that this griffon is actually missing?”
“I’m sure of it”
>”Alright. Just saying, most of the missing reports we do end up being false alarms you know. Mothers reporting kids that just went out to play without telling them, wife’s calling when their husbands get wasted and pass out somewhere in town… but if you’re concerned, give me the details”
>>
>>29640710
Her name's Garnet. She's a manager at my workplace. She left our place late last night, but when we got into work she wasn't there. Apparently she rang in sick as soon as she got home. When I tried to ring her the phone was engaged, so we went over to her place after work. The phone had been left off the hook and we found her gun and some bullets on the floor in her bedroom. We're helping with an investigation into some criminals right now and I'm worried they took her.
>>
>>29640782
Might want not want to tell them we were in her place seeing as we technically broke in.
>>
>>29640824
True, but this sounds far less serious with her just being absent right now.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29640833
We could lie and say the door was unlocked when we arrived and we locked it when we left.
>>
It is time to bump this thread.
>>
>>29642091
nuh uh
>>
beb
>>
>>29643915
>>
“Her name's Garnet, and she's a manager at my workplace”
>He starts to scribble down notes, nodding
>”Alright, go on”
“She left our place late last night, but when we got into work she wasn't there. Apparently she rang in sick as soon as she got home”
>”And you find this unusual?”
“She’s very diligent about work, it just didn’t make sense”
>”And I assume you tried checking up on her?”
“I tried to ring her, but the phone was engaged, so we went over to her place after work”
>You pause, about to admit breaking into her home
>Sure it probably isn’t any big deal, considering everything. but still
“The door was unlocked so we just went on inside to look around. The phone had been left off the hook and we found her gun and some bullets on the floor in her bedroom”
>”Was it fired like there had been a fight?”
“No, it was lying on the floor open, and both shots were unfired”
>He takes a little bit to continue writing, you waiting patiently for his pen to stop
>”I’m guessing you think she was kidnapped?”
“I’m sure of it”
>”Alright. Anyone in particular that you suspect?”
“Well, we're helping with an investigation into some criminals right now and I'm worried they took her”
>You begin to explain the whole business with Flame, all the way up to Broker and searching his home
>The police stallion continues to write, nodding occasionally
>”I think I got it all”
>Straightening the paper, he looks it over
>”So here’s what we can do. We’re going to send out a call to be on the lookout for her, or anyone that matches any of those descriptions to all units in the city. But until we have the scene properly searched or other evidence comes to light, I’m afraid that’s all that we’re capable of”
>>
>>29645662
Right. The neighbor also said there were three ponies in the area earlier, which is unusual. Apparently one had a lock cutiemark and another a knife.
>>
Did we tell him about the two suspicious ponies we heard about?
>>
“Alright, I understand”
>”So unless you’ve got anything else to add, I’ll send this report out”
“Well… The neighbor also said there were three ponies in the area earlier, which is unusual”
>”Anything in particular that was suspicious about them?”
“She said that it’s odd to have a group of ponies in the griffon area of town, and they were walking around earlier in the day before she went missing. Apparently one had a lock cutie mark and another a knife”
>He begins to add the final details of the report as you and Velvet stand there
>”And is that all they saw?”
“Yeah, that’s about it”
>”Ok, well I’ll get this prepped to be passed on immediately. You two stay safe, and I promise you we’ll alert all police on the missing griffon report”
“Thank you officer, we hope to hear back soon”
>He spins around once more in his chair and heads into the back room, leaving you and Velvet alone
>”Well, at least we got them in the loop. But unless they see these guys walking around, they can’t real do anything”
“Yeah…”
>”Come on Guri, cheer up. We let the police know, now we can figure out what we need to do next”
>>
>>29646134
Lets figure out if they found out anything from last night.
>>
>>29646134
I'm not sure Velvet. Follow Mr. Broker from work?
>>
“I'm not sure Velvet. Follow Mr. Broker from work?”
>”Maybe? Although it’s getting late, he might have already left”
>There’s honestly not much more you can think of
>Other than hope that someone left a note at your apartment, Garnet or other wise
“Let’s just hang out here for a little longer. I want to see what they found out about last night”
>You and her remain at the front desk, the stallion eventually returning
>”The report just went out over the radio. If anyone sees anything, we’ll let you know”
“We appreciate it. But we also, we were wondering if anything came of the search of that estate last night?”
>”Well, I actually glanced over the report as of this morning when I came in. They sent a few more officers over, and they’re still searching the damn place, going through everything they found in that safe. But some of those weapons for sure aren’t registered, so it might take a while to get to the bottom of it. They confiscated the machine gun though. Apparently they really want to know where that one came from”
>>
>>29646369
Yeah, wouldn't that be military? Not the sort of thing you can just buy.
>>
>>29646392
I wonder if our friend at the pawn shop might have some ideas on that. He does have a pretty interesting inventory after all.
>>
“Yeah, wouldn't that be military? Not the sort of thing you can just buy”
>”I mean, it’s not exactly illegal to buy one, but it seems to be a pretty recent model, so it should be easy enough to figure out where it came from. Not exactly cheap either”
>Wonder if Jack would know anything about that? He does have a pretty interesting inventory after all
>”So, if anything comes of it we’ll let you know. Until then, please come back if you learn anything else”
“We sure will. You ready Velv?”
>”Yeah, I guess so. We’ve still got some investigation to do!”
>Thanking the stallion once again, you two head towards the door, an evening breeze hitting you as you exit the station
>Already the daylight is beginning to grow progressively weaker, but there’s still a good couple hours of sunlight left
>Enough to wander around a little more before nightfall anyway
>”Getting kinda late huh?”
“Yeah… we might have time to check out somewhere else though”
>”You got any ideas in mind? Because I can’t think of anything besides our apartment to check out”
>>
>>29646606
Fuck Velvet, I don't know. What if... if she... I don't know.
>>
“Fuck Velvet, I don't know”
>She gives you a confused look as you keep walking, the mare obviously not expecting that
>”Well, that’s ok. We got time to think it out”
>Velvet waits for your response, optimistic look fading as you fail to answer
>”I mean, we can see if there’s anything back home, that’s a start”
“I guess…”
>You both fall silent, only the sounds of your claws and her hooves clicking on the sidewalk filling the awkward silence
>But you feel something welling up inside of you
“What if... if she... I don't know”
>”What if she what?”
>…
>”Guri come on, what’re you thinking? She’s gonna be ok, she’s smart. But we’ll get to the bottom of it either way”
>>
>>29646825
Yeah. I have to. I got her involved in this.
>>
“Yeah, I have to. I got her involved in this”
>”Hey!”
>The mare comes to a stop, grabbing a hold of your shoulder
>”Look at me. This isn’t your fault”
“Bu-“
>”No. It’s the fault of whatever jackass decided kidnap a hardworking griffon. Not yours”
>She lets go of you, but her eyes still burn with passion
>”So I don’t want to hear you beating yourself up over this, got it?”
“Yeah…”
>”I mean it. Our job is to find her, not mope about something we had no hoof in. Now come on, let’s go see if there’s anything at home”
>Velvet begins to trot once more down the road
>Sighing, you take a second to follow, soon returning to her side
>She’s right. You can’t beat yourself up over this
>But you still can’t help but feel guilty…
>Reaching the inn not too long after, the two of you quickly make your way up the stairs, expectantly reaching the door
>Not to your surprise, no note greets you on the door, though you can’t say you aren’t disappointed
>”Maybe someone slid something under the door?”
>The hopeful mare unlocks it, both of you walking inside before shutting the door once more
>Eyes scanning around, you fail to notice anything on the floor
>In utter defeat you sigh once more, slowly walking into the living room
>Your body feels numb, almost like it’s asleep
>The sounds of Velvet rummaging around reaches you, but you don’t exactly process it
>All you can really focus on is sitting down on the couch, eyes beginning to stare at the floor
>You become aware that your eyes are moistening, vision becoming blurry
>>
>”Guri”
“… What?”
>”Someone’s been here”
>You immediately perk up, eyes snapping to the mare who stands by the dresser
“What? How? How do you know?”
>”I always place a fleck of dust on the corner of my diary to see if you mess with my belongings"
"What's that got to do wit-"
"The dust isn’t on the cover. Someone’s been in here, and they’ve gone through our stuff”
“A-are you sure? It’s just dust”
>She gives you a flat, yet piercing look
>”I don't mess around when it comes to my diary. Someone touched it"
>>
>>29647155
Okay. We need to see if anything's missing.
>>
>>29647155
We need to check on Umbra then, it probably isn't safe for him to be alone in his home.
>>
“Okay”
>Quickly standing up, your eyes sweep around the room
“We need to see if anything's missing”
>”I mean, my diary is here, it’s not like they had anything more valuable they could have made off with”
“Just come on, you check your stuff, I’ll check my stuff”
>”Right!”
>She darts over to the corner that her gear’s piled on, hooves sifting through the pile of junk
>Walking over to your respective pile, you begin to pick through it
>Opening up your pack, you take stock
>Let’s see… the money’s all here. Maps, first aid kit, survival gear
>Satisfied, you move on, digging into another bag
>Your ID and passport are in here. So you’re your knife and a box of ammo
>Giving the ammunition a rattle you pause, eyes squinting in thought
>Slowly turning, you find the corner that you keep your shotgun in empty
“Velvet… did you move my gun before we left for work?”
>”No?”
>You watch her throw some clothes out of the dresser, hooves flailing in annoyance
>”I can’t find my revolver! I think some bastard took our guns!”
>>
>>29647283
Well, great. We gotta go to the police station again and report our firearms as stolen.

But first, ask the person at the front of the inn if they saw the ponies leaving with our guns.
>>
>>29647283
Why the hell would they do that? They didn't even touch the ammo. We need to ask our neighbors and whoevers on the desk if they saw anything.
>>
>>29647283
Call the police immediately and report our guns stolen. It they get used in a crime, they could implicate us.
>>
>>29647283
I wonder if our neighbors heard anything.
>>
“Well, great. We gotta go to the police station again and report our firearms as stolen”
>Velvet grunts in anger, slamming the dresser drawer shut
>Looking back to the box of ammo, you feel like you’re about to boil over
“Why the hell would they do that? They didn't even touch the ammo!”
>”I don’t know! This freaking blows!”
>She kicks a random piece of clothing she let drop to the floor, the garment soaring across the room
“Alright look, you call the cops and tell them our guns are missing. If they get used in a crime, they could implicate us”
>”And where are you going?”
>You place your bag against the wall once more, beginning to walk past her
“I’m going to see if anyone saw ponies leave with guns. Our neighbors, the innkeeper, anyone”
>Velvet begins to nod, but you watch her ears flick to the side, your eyes snapping there a split second later as the bathroom door creaks open
>”Or, you could both go ahead and take a seat on that couch”
>A stallion walks out of the room, gently shutting the bathroom once more as he trains a pistol on you two from across the room
>Taking your eyes off the barrel pointing at your face, you note the knife cutie mark on his flank
>”Go on. Sit”
>He casually motions the gun to the couch behind you and Velvet before the gun is affixed on the two of you once more
>Peering to Velvet she seems to have frozen up, eyes extremely wide as she stares at the pistol
>”Not going to ask again”
>>
>>29647422
Do what he says. Get Velvet to sit down.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29647422
Fine. He's got the ambush and we've got nothing.

Best bet is to feign compliance for the moment, but keep looking for our opportunity.
>>
>>29647422
Sit down, ask if Garnet is ok, and ask what he wants us to do since he hasn't killed us yet.
>>
beb
>>
>>29647422
Get lil'Guri to smack hm in the face and overpower him while he is distracted.
>>
fugg
>>
>>29648590
Lets hear what he has to say first.
>>
>>29649165
>>
>>29648572
>>
>You might as well feign compliance for now, seeing as he hasn’t already killed you
>”Velvet”
>The mare doesn’t move
“Velvet, sit down”
>You slowly give her a poke, the pony finally seeming to come to her senses
>Cushions shifting, the two of you ease back cautiously into the couch, the stallion taking a few steps forward, but still keeping his distance
>Glancing upwards, you see Lil’ Guri curiously watching from his cage, head cocked to the side
>If you have to make a move, you can just wait for the right moment and call the canary to swoop at his face
>You really hope Velvet didn’t actually fix the cage door latch…
>”Comfy?”
“Sure…”
>He smirks, gun held steadily in his hoof
>The three of you just stare at each other for a few seconds, stallion keeping quiet
>Well, if he won’t kick this off, you might as well
“Is Garnet ok?”
>”Your friend? Yeah, she’s totally fine… for the moment”
>You cringe up a bit, your captor taking notice as he grins
>”A bit pissed off, but fine otherwise. That can change quickly though”
>>
>>29650998
What do you want?
>>
>Velvet shifts a bit in her seat, and you can see her concerned look out of the corner of your vision
“What do you want?”
>”Well, it’s not really what I want, just what the boss wants”
>His gun lowers a bit, still trained upon you. But at least you aren’t literally staring down a barrel anymore
>”You’ve given him quite the headache, and he wanted us to find the guys causing him trouble. And, well, looks like we’ve found three of you”
>Taking another step forward, he continues
>”Point is, we know there’s at least one more of you out there, some bat pony. I want to know where he lives. Now”
>>
>>29651249
And what exactly happens after I tell you? Because it really seems like you want us to disappear.
>>
>>29651249
Why him?
>>
>Velvet finally snaps out of her haze, a bit of energy in her voice
>”Why him?”
>”Well, the boss wants you all out of his mane, and that bat is apparently helping you somehow”
“And what exactly happens after we tell you? Because it really seems like you want us to disappear”
>He pauses for a moment, as if that caught him off guard somehow
>Shrugging, he retorts
>”That’s not up to me”
“That… doesn’t sound very reassuring”
>”Look, I’ll be honest, I don't know my boss' plans for you. But if you don’t tell me where this bat is, I can guarantee that things are gonna get ugly. Your griffon friend might not be so fine anymore, just sayin’”
>He pauses once more, apparently expecting a response
>"So I'm just going to ask one more time before things go south. Where's the bat?"
>>
>>29651607
Is it really even worth the trouble anymore? We're just a bunch of lowly bounty hunters and we've already given ALL of our information to the police.
>>
>>29651607
Start an argument with Velvet to try lure him in and get him to drop his guard. We're VERY good at arguing with Velvet, so we can make it convincing. We can say we don't know where he lives, which is true, and start a fight with her over telling him. Make sure to mention how much of a dork he is and skub rotting her brain.
>>
>>29651607
This chum think he can kidnap Garnet then threaten us to turn in our friend.
Its time to show him why you don't piss off a Gryphon.
Call Lil'Guri to battle and over power him while he is dealing with the pesky bird.
>>
>>29651682
>>29651688
Guys, do you really think it should be a good idea to do that? We don't even know where Garnet is. For all we know she could be six feet under. We should wait until we know for sure where she is.I also think there's a second pony nearby waiting for us, in case things do get ugly.

>>29651607
If this guy is determined to get everyone together, we may as well call our bat buddy over here. And to come quick.
>>
>>29651728
I don't think we have much choice. There's one way this ends for us if we're all bundled up in one place.
>>
>>29651728
Im sure he will be a lot more talkative once we have him on the ground with our talons around his throat.
>>
>>29651607
Give him a fake address.
Like the address of the sister of the arsonist.
>>
>>29651747
That may be true, but we're all helpless here.

If we do what he says, there is at least a chance of surviving this encounter, even if the boss plans to kill us all. And even if they decide to kill us, there is still a trail. The police have something and know something is going on. It's actually because of this that I think this gang doesn't want to kill us. But if I had to take a guess,they want us to take the fall for some crime. Maybe even the arson itself. I don't know.
>>
>>29651782
You should probably read the spoiler.
>>
“Is it really even worth the trouble anymore? We're just a bunch of lowly bounty hunters and we've already given ALL of our information to the police”
>”Lowly bounty hunters who apparently fucked with the wrong guy”
>The hammer is cocked back on his weapon, the click echoing in the room
>”Last chance”
>Your eyes dart to Velvet, the mare already staring at you
“I know what you’re thinking Velvet”
>”Huh?”
“Don’t do it. You’re the only one who knows where he lives”
>”I’m onl- are you implying I’d sell out Umbra?”
“No, I’m just saying not to do it”
>”You are! You actually think I’d do it!”
“I don’t, but don’t do it!”
>”Screw you! I’d never!”
“Good. But don’t do it, the dork doesn’t deserve it”
>”URGHHHH!”
>She grunts in frustration, looking like she’s going to melt down
>Out of the corner of your eye you see the gun lower just a tad, the stallion looking on in confusion
>”I’M NOT SELLING OUT UMBRA SO STOP IMPLYING THA-“
>As she screams, you open your beak just a bit
>A high pitched whistle comes out, the first few notes of the Griffon national anthem being sung
>Before you can even blink a yellow blurs streak forward like a rocket, a dull thud sounding as the stallion is smacked in the face
>”WHAT THE FUCK?!”
>His eyes shut through instinct, a hoof flailing at the marauding songbird that dive bombs his face once more
>As his swipe misses, the motion of his body causes the gun to turn from you, the weapon no longer aimed at your chest
>>
>>29651842
I did it doesn't change anything
By the time he comes in we will have a gun and a hostage.
>>
>>29651871
Get Velvet to take control of the gun while we subdue him.
>>
>>29651872
Ahhh, but if there is a second pony, is he there to fight us? or to run back to the gang and tell them what happened?

>>29651871
Glass him. Get Velvet to take the gun and see if we can interrogate him. Also reward Lil Guri with some crackers.
>>
>>29651871
Tiger pounce!

>>29651915
If there's a second pony there was never a good way out of this.
>>
>>29651871
Time to remind him why ponies fear gryphons.
>>
>>29651944
There is no sure way out of this. But, seeing as this knife pony got distracted, we may have luck on our side.We at least have some shred of hope.
>>
>>29651871
Dominate the leg with the gun, use our strength to hit him hard, and get the gun away from him. From there, subdue him.
Deflect, dominate, distract, disarm, disable.
>>
>>29652050
You forgot dip, duck dive and dodge.
>>
>>29652050
Dodge, duck, dip, dive, and dodge
>>
“Velvet! The gun!”
>She needs no further instructions as her horn lights up
>The stallion begins to turn its aim back to you, but a aura of light surrounds it, jerking it just enough the other way
>Digging your paws into the floor, your body tenses
>Time to show this guy why ponies fear griffons
>Pouncing like a tiger you just barely catch the quickest glimpse of his shocked face before you slam into him, the gun, and Lil’ Guri, going flying
>A pained grunt sounds as he hits the ground, your weight crushing him into the floorboards
>Head popping up, he moves no further before your fist crushes into his jaw, back of his skulls knocking on the floor
>The stallion lays there, hind leg twitching
>”Ugh…”
>Velvet joins you at your side, gun firmly in her hoof
>”I’m assuming you aren’t going to let me blast this jackass?”
“No”
>He groans again, starting to come to
“Not yet at least”
>Pulling his withers up, his head flops to the side, tongue hanging out before he starts to mutter words you can't make out
>He still doesn’t seem like he’s all there yet
>>
>>29652103
Burrito that fuckwad before he comes to.
>>
>>29652103
Tell Velvet to check her gun while she has the chance.
>>
>>29652112
This.

>>29652103
Go through his pockets. See if there is anything that might say where the gang is meeting.
>>
>>29652112
Years of training!
>>
>Your razor sharp talons shred the strap on his saddlebag as you aren’t interested in trying to remove it correctly
>Throwing it to Velvet’s hooves, she opens it up
>”Hey! My gun’s in here”
“Make sure it’s actually loaded, me might have taken the bullets. And when you’re done look for anything valuable of suspicious in that bag”
>Reaching over, you’re quick to strip the bed of the blanket
>Years of training have lead up to this
>With surgical precision, you burrito the stallion, the blanket tightly squeezing his limbs against his body
>Taking a step back, you wait for him to come to
>It takes a minute, but his babbling soon turns into a few comprehensible words, and even a sentence fragment after that
>Finally looking upwards, you watch his eyes suddenly regain focus, pinpointing the exact moment he recognizes how badly he’s fucked up
>Velvet steps over, her piercing stare complimenting yours as he lies there silently
>If it wasn't for the blanket, you're pretty sure he'd be shaking right about now
>>
>>29652436
Velvet, you keep this guy company. I'm gonna go secure the rest of the apartment.
>>
>>29652436
Pet the burrito, with our claws frighteningly close to his throat and eyes.
So, is there anyone else working with you around here?
>>
>>29652458
Tell Lil' Guri to keep Velvet safe While we do this.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29652436
So...Where's Garnet?

If he doesn't tell us, we should torture him through means of tickling with one of our feathers. Or we could have Velvet recite the history of oats.Alternatively, we could go hardcore and actually cut him up with a kitchen knife.
>>
>>29652611
I believe if we need to get dirty, some ear scritching will do the trick. Even the threat of it might make him break.
>>
>>29652866
Lets not go too crazy at first. I doubt this guy is unquestionably loyal to his boss.
>>
Birds confirmed better pets than cats.
>>
>>29652866
oooh, I like where this going.
>>
This is just like my 1950's detective noirs!
>>
Lil Guri is honorary griffon
>>
>>29654056
We need to teach him how to do a proper squat.
>>
beb
>>
>>29653404
>it was half past too late
>I was out of time and my patience was close behind
>they'd taken my gal, my gem
>Garnet
>she was tough, like diamonds, but even diamonds can be cut
>I had one shot to make this right
>and this lowlife was the only thing in my way
>it was time to show him this gentlebird's less gentle side
>>
>>29655399
fund it
>>
>>29655399
Pic of dapper 50s Guri and Garnet when
>>
>>29655885
He just needs a fedora
>>
>>29656592
And one of those detective coats.
>>
>>29656592
An actual fedora. Not those neckbeard-tippers.
>>
“Velvet, you keep this guy company. I'm gonna go secure the rest of the apartment”
>”Got it”
“Lil’ Guri, you keep Velvet save”
>”Hey!”
>The bird chirps loudly from the curtain rod in response
>Cautiously, you begin to search the apartment, looking out for any friends the pony may have brought
>A search under the bed and in the kitchen yields nothing, and you find yourself before the bathroom
>The door creaks, your face looking peeking around the corner
>It looks totally clear
>Except for your shotgun in the corner
>With as much of a relieved smile as you can muster you enjoy the first good thing that’s happened to you today, retrieving your gun before heading back
“Alright, everything’s clear”
>”So, what’re we gonna do to him?”
>Your cold gaze falls upon the trapped stallion, his eyes giving you back an equally unamused look
>Oh, the choices…
>Threatening him with our talons seems like the obvious choice
>But you could tickle him with a feather until he cracks
>Or even threaten to scratch the back of his ears
>… Or just start cutting him with a knife
“Alright, I’m just going to get to the point. Where’s Garnet?”
>He remains silent, eyes unblinking
“Well?”
>”Go screw yourself, featherhead”
>>
>>29657340
A lot of loyalty for a hired gun. What, your boss tuck you into bed at night? Read you a story? Well I got a story for you. Once upon a time, there was an idiot, who was telling himself that the griffon and the unicorn who'd caught him weren't bad folks, and they wouldn't really hurt him. Normally he'd be right, but you see the thing is, this idiot had kidnapped the griffon's girl, and tried to do the same to the unicorn's guy. Which means that if the idiot thinks they won't do whatever they have to to the idiot to get the girl back, he's dead wrong. In fact, the idiot has five fucking seconds before the griffon does something to his ears he won't ever forget.
>>
>>29657417
>A lot of loyalty for a hired gun
He's a big guy.
>>
>>29657470
4 U

>>29657340
Gag him so nobody outside can hear him. Then tickle him till he pisses himself.
>>
>>29657340
Cute, Unfortunately you are not in a great position to be spouting insults so you better start telling me what I want to hear or things will get... uncomfortable for you.
>>
>>29657340
>Hey now, let's not turn this rape into a murder.
>>
“Cute. Unfortunately you are not in a great position to be spouting insults so you better start telling me what I want to hear or things will get... uncomfortable for you”
>”Oh really now birdbrain?”
>You just stare at him flatly, the stallion sneering
“A lot of loyalty for a hired gun. I get it, you’re a big guy”
>Reaching back you grab a rag off the dresser, idly kneading it in your talons
“What, your boss tuck you into bed at night? Read you a story? Well I got a story for you”
>The rag tears a bit as your fists ball up
“Once upon a time, there was an idiot, who was telling himself that the griffon and the unicorn who'd caught him weren't bad folks, and they wouldn't really hurt him. Normally he'd be right, but you see the thing is, this idiot had kidnapped the griffon's girl, and tried to do the same to the unicorn's guy. Which means that if the idiot thinks they won't do whatever they have to the idiot to to get the girl back, he's dead wrong. In fact, the idiot has five fucking seconds before the griffon does something to his ears he won't ever forget”
>”Whatever, Shakesqueer”
>The rag in your hands is quickly balled up into a gag
>”Do what you want, I know better than to cross my boss”
>>
>>29657689
Is that your final answer?
>>
>>29657689
Welp, it's your funeral.
>>
>>29657689
What type of pony is the guy?
>>
>>29657689
I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice.
>>
“Is that your final answer?”
>The earth pony slowly nods, eyes never breaking contact
“Welp, it's your funeral”
>In a swift motion the gag is crammed into his mouth, stallion trying to spit it out to no avail
“I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice”
>”What’re we gonna do to him, Guri?”
>Velvet steps forward, gun still in hoof
>”I hope you got some background in pony interrogation”
>Your captive continues to struggle, but the burrito holds him tight
>>
>>29657857
Well, we're very good at cutting up meat from our job. Would you think lessons about oats would work for torture for a non-bloody option?
>>
>>29657857
Go in for the ear scritches. Gently at first, but then with a little more claw.
>>
“Well, I’m very good at cutting up meat. Would you think lessons about oats would work for torture for a non-bloody option?”
>She gives you a flat look
>”Guri, we’re here to torture him, not me”
“Right then, no oats”
>The stallion looks up in confusion over the exchange
>He doesn’t know how lucky he just got
>Reaching downwards, your claws brush lightly up against his ear, the soft appendage fidgeting
>With a final glance to him, you begin to scritch
>It begins gently enough at first, your fingers working away rhythmically
>But after a minute of him showing no reaction, you begin to get rougher
>Soon enough you can feel him attempting to squirm, the blanket checking his movements
>But still, he remains firm
>That is until you put a little more talon into it
>Your claws rake the sensitive ear flesh, stallion beginning to yell into the gag
>Ignoring it you continue on, the tips of your claws turning red with tiny flecks of blood
>Finally his head flails uselessly, tears beginning to well up in his eyes
>With one last stroke you cease your actions, taking a second to remove the gag
>He grunts in pain, ears folding back tightly as you do
>”Please, just stop!”
“I’m sorry, what was that?”
>”This is inhumane! The police are going to lock you away if they found out a griffon was doing this to a pony!”
>>
>>29658159
Woah, didn't mean that rough. I just mean, you know, ear scritching.
>>
>>29658159
Then tell me where you're keeping my girlfriend.
>>
>>29658179
Surprised Guri wasn't rougher desu
>>
>>29658159
Well, they aren't here. So how about we continue.
>>
>>29658159
Does this mean you'll tell me where Garnet is?
>>
>>29658159
The police aren't here.
And neither is the location of my girlfriend.
>>
“The police aren't here. And neither is the location of my girlfriend”
>”You’re going to end up in a cell! You hear me!”
“Velvet, you see any police here?”
>She looks around, shrugging
“No? Then how about we continue?”
>You claws begin to reach back once more
>”Wait! WAIT!”
>He raises up his snout, trying to avoid your grasp
“Want me to stop? Then tell me where you're keeping my girlfriend”
>He goes silent, eyes flickering between you and Velvet
>Obviously apprehensive, it seems like he’s considering the options
>Just as you move to continue the stallion lets out a sigh, ears flopping
>”Ok look, she’s out in the badlands, in the caves, alright?”
“Where exactly?”
>”I could show you on a map, ok? I swear to god she’s out there, just let me go man!”
>>
>>29658409
We'll stop. But we're gonna have to leave you here. That way, your men won't necessarily find you right away and also to see if you're not just saying things to get out of here.
>>
>>29658409
Is he talking about the area we already searched?
>>
>>29658409
should we take the stallion along or leave him here and deal with him later.
>>
>>29658473
that was supposed to be a question mark, not a period.
>>
>>29658447
Unsupervised he will probably get out pretty quickly.
We should either take him with us to make sure its the right location or dump him off at the police and tell them what we have learned.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29658492
I don't know if we should turn him in quite yet. If we turn him in to the police, we should have an explanation as to why he has a bloody scalp instead of scritching his ears to torture him. Cuz ya know. that's illegal. Or I suppose we could get hope for some pity points from the cops to look over the whole ordeal.

OR, we could have our neighbors look over him. Keep an eye on him. As well as somepony on him.
>>
>>29658549
massive zeeb ass was bound to come in handy
>>
>>29658583
After that scritchin', this stallion was gonna need some aftercare.
>>
>>29658549
>>29658583
Do we really want the zeebs to get involved?
They have warrants out on them.
I dunno if getting them mixed up in a criminal investigation would be a great Idea.
Even with their disguises Im sure questions will be asked from both the police and from the criminals we are facing.
>>
>>29658863
Well I say we should knock him out before taking him to the station. It can hopefully "hide" the scritch marks well enough. Come up with the excuse that we fought him before knocking him out. But we shouldn't let Velvet describe the fight, she'll blow it out of proportions.
>>
Onward to the grif gril bump
>>
>>29659448
>>
>>29659787
blep
>>
>>29658409
Funny how quick criminals try to hide behind cops. A stint in jail would be worth it to save Garnet.
>>
wop
>>
>>29661429
>>
>>29659060
Yeah we need to knock him out once we have gotten all the info we need.
>>
>>29662468
>>
“We’ve already searched out there”
>”No man, you weren’t in the right area. Just give me a map, I’ll show you!”
>You give Velvet a nod over to the gear, the mare going to retrieve it
>As she does you just silently ponder the situation
>You can’t just leave him here if you go out there. Too easy for him to escape
>Although, you’ve got some neighbors next door that could keep an eye on him
>… and somepony on him
>Safest bet would probably be dragging him down to the police station, but you’ll have to knock him out. He might start blabbing about you violently scratching him if you don’t
>But that’s a risk you’re willing to take to get Garnet back
>The crinkling of paper draws your attention back, Velvet rolling out a map before your prisoner
>Putting a pen in his mouth, she points down to it
>”Show us”
>His eyes glance back and forth, studying the map
>Stretching his neck out, he circles a plot on the paper the best he can
“You’re sure that’s it?”
>Spitting out the pen, he nods
>”I swear to you it is. You’ll go through a pass, and there’s a cave entrance on the side of an outcrop. You can’t miss it”
>You glance at his mark, the area well outside of town
>”She’s in the cavern, in an office the boss set up"
>>
>>29663387
Uh huh. And how did you get her out there?
>>
>Your eyebrow raises
>But before you say anything, your partner blurts out
>”You drug her all the way out of town?”
>Both of you turn to Velvet, who doesn’t look convinced to say the least
>”Well that’s where she is, lady”
“Uh huh. And how did you get her out there?”
>”It wasn’t too hard, I don’t know why you’re so skeptical. Jumped her at her home, stuffed her in a carriage, and told he we’d shoot her if she tried anything funny”
“And you took her all the way out there in a carriage?”
>”Well, once we got to the outcrop we just slung her over a minotaur. Took a while, but we got her there”
>>
>>29663741
I take it here are guards watching over her?
>>
>>29663741
And who's this boss?
>>
“I take it here are guards watching over her?”
>”Yeah, a few. Can’t leave her by herself now can we?”
>He’s right about that. A smart catbird like her would surely find a way out
>”Boss wouldn’t like it if his hostage got loose”
“And who's this boss?”
>”I don’t know”
>You begin to loom over him, a shadow being casted
>”Oh come on man, I don’t! You think a low level hitman like me knows anything?”
>>
>>29663939
You must have met him. I don't believe he'd send a nobody to cover his tracks like this.
>>
>>29663939
>hitman
Ohh he was gonna kill us. Literally dodged a bullet there.
I think it is safe to assume the boss may be the company owner or is in a deal with the owner. Either way, we should be on the watch for the company owner to bring him and interrogate him.
>>
>>29663955
Well, what if his boss passes orders down through other people, only having his most trusted people actually see him.
>>
>The way he says ‘hitman’ doesn’t sit well with you, it now being obvious that he was going to kill both of you after he got what he wanted
>But you push that out of your mind for now
“You must have met him. I don't believe he'd send a nobody to cover his tracks like this”
>”I just get told who to whack, doesn’t mean I get to meet the boss”
>Well, you guess it is possible that the boss only surrounds himself with his most trusted. They might just send out the orders for him
>As you ponder you see the stallion’s eyes flash to the window, a small smirk developing on his muzzle
“What’s so god damn funny?”
>He continues to look out the window
>”Getting’ dark soon…”
“So what?”
>”Good luck finding your way out there at night”
>You quickly take a peek outside, the sun going down rapidly
>Realistically, there might only be a little over an hour of sunlight left
>”Even if you went out there during the day, you don’t stand a chance”
>”Oh yeah?”
>Velvet steps forward, you having to gently place a hand on her withers
>”Just the two of you? A snowball has a better chance in hell”
>>
>>29664171
And why is that?
>>
>>29664171
If it means it's getting harder to see during the night, should we bring along Umbra, since he is a batpony?
Or is that raycis?
>>
Pausing
>>
Plot twist:Garnet is the boss, and she was staging the whole kidnapping so Guri could join her in having a share with insurance money. She wanted to see how good of a hunter he is, so she put him (and velvet) through this test to see if they attack her own gang.
>>
>>29664646
*To see if they could protect themselves from rival gangs.
>>
>>29664171
I'm willing to take those chances!
>>
>>29664309
I noticed no one saying this for you but, Good night, Res.
>>
>>29664309
I love you.
>>
>>29664646
would we still fugg her if she turns out to be a criminal mastermind?
>>
>>29664171
That's what he thinks. Before we head out there, we're paying a visit to our pal Jack.
>>
bop
>>
>>29666015
Yes
>>
>>29666015
I would become her partner in crime.
>>
>>29666719
>>
bep
>>
“And why is that?”
>”Come on, two of you versus a gang? Maybe three if you bring along that bat pony”
>That might actually solve the whole walking around in the dark issue if he uses his night vision
>… Or is that racist?
>”I doubt you’ll even make it inside the cave, if we’re being realistic here”
>As he babbles on, you rub two of your brain cells together, a lightbulb going off
>Jack might be able to help with a situation like this
>”But I think I’ve said all that needs to be said. So let’s cut a deal. Instead of taking me to the police and getting arrested for illegal scritching, you let me go and we pretend that none of this ever happened?”
>>
>>29668719
Sleepy time for the killer. Possibly also some short term memory loss.
>>
>>29668719
Hah. Right. Let the kidnapper who just admitted he's a killer go. I'd rather leave you dead in an alley, but instead I'm just going to make sure you don't get in the way tonight.
>>
“Hah. Right. Let the kidnapper who just admitted he's a killer go”
>”It might be in your best interest to”
“I'd rather leave you dead in an alley. But instead I'm just going to make sure you don't get in the way tonight”
>He attempts to shrug, withers moving ever so slightly
>”It was worth a shot”
“Yeah. Doesn’t hurt to try”
>You fist collides with his temple, the stallion’s head hitting the floor almost instantly
>Laying still, it’s obvious that he’s definitely knocked out
>”Geez, didn’t even give the guy any warning, did you?”
“Hopefully he’ll get some short term memory loss”
>Velvet pokes his face, his lips twitching just a bit
>”So what are we gonna do with this piece of trash?”
>>
>>29669015
Take him to the police. We can't leave him here, he might get away! So what else can we do, take him with us?
>>
>>29669015
To the police. Or possibly Jack's, if he'd be sympathetic. And he probably will be, how much cash we're about to spend there. I bet he has cuffs too.
>>
>>29669015
We should ring Umbra and warn him before we drag this guy anywhere.
>>
>>29669058
Think he might have some night vision goggles?
>>
“Take him to the police. We can't leave him here, he might get away”
>”Yeah, I guess you’re right”
“I mean, what else are we gonna do? Can’t really take him with us. Or… maybe take him to Jack’s if he'd be sympathetic. And he probably will be, how much cash we're about to spend there”
>”I bet he has cuffs to!”
>You know, that might not be such a bad idea
>”We can ask him for advice. But we’re probably gonna have to take him to the cops eventually though”
“Here, go call Umbra and tell him what happened before we go anywhere”
>”Will do!”
>She quick trots off, going for the phone
>In the meantime you idly watch your uninvited guest, his ears twitching every once in a while
>The sounds of Velvet running back to you takes your attention away
>”Umbra said he’ll be here in 15 minutes. He thinks we should take him to the police, said we could pass off the scritching as a scuffle you had with him”
>>
>>29669387
I mean, we know where Garnet is. Why bring him to Jack? Do you think we can still do something with him?
>>
>>29669439
The point was not having to deal with the police until we've got Garnet back. It also saves time.
>>
>>29669470
You do bring up a good point. I figured it would be a bit inconveniencing for Jack, and also be proof of us doing something illegal.
>>
“I still think taking him to Jack would be for the best. It’ll save us some time at the least”
>”Whatever you think, that’s just what he suggested”
>Time ticks on by, Umbra showing up about 15 minutes later as promised
>But not before you had to give your visitor another knock on the noggin to put him back to sleep
>Opening the door, the bat practically sprints inside
>”VELVET TOLD ME EVERYTHING. IS EVERYONE OK?”
>He looks like he’s about to have a panic attack, Velvet just giving him a flat look
>”Yes Umbra, everything’s ok… well, except for him”
>She points to the still burrito’d stallion
“Velvet, help me get this guy’s head in the blanket, we’re going out the back entrance”
>Grabbing your guns and bags Velvet and Umbra get the back end of the cocooned pony, you cautiously peeking out into the hallway
“Alright, the coast is clear… go go go!”
>Umbra shutting the door you and Velvet awkwardly travel down to the end of the hallway, going down a flight of stairs
>Opening up the back entrance you sprint to your cart, throwing the pony inside
>Well, that was easy enough
>Harnessing yourself up rather than going through the normal hour long argument with Velvet, the three of you set off, your two partners sitting up at the front
>Wheels creaking, you try to act casual as you pull the wooden cart down the city streets, the lampposts now illuminating the area as the last of the sun’s beams slips below the horizon
>Reaching Jack’s shop you park the cart right outside it, quickly unharnessing
>”Um, guys? This place says it’s closed”
“Not to worry Umbra. Watch this”
>Knocking on the front door, you all take a step back, patiently waiting
>…
>”Watch what?”
>Frowning slightly, you knock again, significantly louder this time
>A light flicks on from one of the windows on the second story, a voice coming from up in the room
>”Hours are posted on the door, come back at 9 tomorrow”
>>
>>29669823
Well, alright. Let's go to the cops.
>>
>>29669823
Just call out that it's Guri.
>>
>>29669823
Jack, it's Guri!
>>
>>29669823
*inhale* Jack, I know we we've been asking for your help and buying stuff even when it's not to your convenience but my girlfriend was kidnapped and we were hoping we could buy some night vision goggles and cuffs from you and also to look over this guy who tried to kidnap and possible kill us but we knocked him out and it's ok if you don't want to do that because we just wanted to get to where my girlfriend is as quickly as possible please help us Jack, PLEASE!
>>
>>29669870
Not outside you dingus.
>>
>”Well, alright. Let's go to the cops”
>You quickly pull Velvet back as she walks away
“Hold up dingus”
>You think about just yelling up to him and spilling everything. About the kidnapping, the hitman, and the weapons you need
>But doing that in public would also make you a dingus
“Jack! It’s Guri!”
>There’s a pause, another light turning on
>”Hold up, I’ll be right down!”
“Quick, let’s get our ‘friend’ out of the cart”
>Velvet climbs up in the cart, handing the blanket off to you
>As you hear the door unlock you quickly dart inside
>”Guri, Velvet, a bit late isn’t… it?”
>He watches you as the blanket flops on his floor, Velvet motioning for him to shut and lock the door as Umbra trots inside
>Jack’s eyebrow rises, giving the mass on the floor a look in the dim store before peering back to you
>”I’ve got some excavating equipment in the back if you need to bury this body”
>>
>>29669983
J-Jack, This isn't about that!
>>
>>29669983
Whoa jack, we just need you to look over the guy for a while. We'll be back in a few hours.
>>
>>29669983
actually, do you have any night vision goggles or cuffs?
>>
>>29669983
Nah, he's just unconscious. Got any night vision goggles?
>>
>>29669983
Well... I mean no, we just want some stuff, and a big favor from you. This guy tried to kidnap us, and we know where his gang's hiding out now. They've taken my girl, and I don't have time to deal with the police right now. You think you could watch him for a few hours? I'll make it up to you.
>>
“J-Jack, This isn't about that!”
>”Looks like it’s about that to me”
“We just need you to look over the guy for a while. We'll be back in a few hours”
>He gives you another curious look, Velvet piping up
>”Got any night vision goggles?”
>”Night vis- have you two been reading too many of them science fiction dime novels?”
“Well, we thou-“
>”I mean, I suppose I could tie a bat to your forehead or something”
>”HEY!”
>”Oops. Heh, sorry”
“But do you at least have any cuffs for this guy?”
>”Oh sure, got plenty of brands? But uh, you want to tell me exactly why you’re cuffing this guy?”
“This guy tried to kidnap us, and we know where his gang's hiding out now! They've taken my girl, and I don't have time to deal with the police right now. You think you could watch him for a few hours? I'll make it up to you”
>He stays silent, probably still processing what you just spat at him
>”So let me get this straight. You’re going to attack a gang and rescue your girlfriend?”
“Exactly!”
>”And, where exactly is this gang?”
“Up in the outcrops outside of town”
>”You don’t want to do that”
“Excuse me?”
>”If you go up there at night, you aint coming back”
>”And why’s that?”
>”If what you’ve told me is true, you have a better chance of stumbling off the cliff side than finding your girl. And that’s before you even have to get into a fight”
>He casually starts to walk back behind the counter, taking his usual spot next to the register
“We have to try it though, I have to get her back”
>”Guri trust me, you don’t want to get into a night engagement on someone’s home turf, I learned that. Dawn is when you would want to move in on them”
>>
>>29670261
But by then, they'll know something is wrong. They'll realize this guy didn't come back. By dawn, it may be too late to Garnet. Even if the odds are against us, I'd still go. Just to try and save her.
>>
>>29670261
Then what should we do now? Get this guy to the cops and hope they'll send a unit after the gang by the next day? With how this town is towards non-ponies, I doubt that the police will work with us, we'll have to work with them instead.
>>
>>29670261
I did something I'm not proud of to get him to talk Jack. If I give him to the cops and they believe him I might not get the chance at all.
>>
“But by then, they'll know something is wrong. They'll realize this guy didn't come back. By dawn, it may be too late to Garnet. Even if the odds are against us, I'd still go. Just to try and save her”
>”This guy was lying in wait to kill you?”
>”Yeah, and then he was gonna go find Umbra!”
>”I doubt they’re going to think anything is wrong if he doesn’t come back tonight. They tasked him with what, killing three of you? Then having to make the trip back out of town? If anything, I feel as though they’d be expecting him tomorrow”
“Then what should we do now? Get this guy to the cops and hope they'll send a unit after the gang by the next day? With how this town is towards non-ponies, I doubt that the police will work with us”
>”I feel as though you’re not telling me something Guri. Is there another reason you’re hesitant to go to the police?”
>You sigh, looking back to the blanket
“I did something I'm not proud of to get him to talk Jack”
>He just stands there in silence
>”If I give him to the cops and they believe him I might not get the chance at all”
>You motion to Velvet, the mare peeling the blanket from his head
>Jack stares at him, eyes wandering to behind his ear
>”I see…”
>”We just don’t want this piece of trash getting Guri arrested along with him”
>Jack’s hoof taps lightly on the counter, the stallion in thought
>”He’s out cold?”
“I knocked him pretty hard”
>”Well Guri, you’re going to have to give him to the police eventually. Only way out of that is to kill him”
“I… don’t really want to take that route”
>”What I’m saying is, he has to go to the station at some point, and at some point the police will know what you did. Tonight, tomorrow, or whenever you decide. But if we turn him in tonight, by the time he comes to in the morning to tell anyone what you did, we’ll be on our way”
>>
>>29670443
Fair enough, might even be able to get reinforcements that way. Think he might forget from being knocked out or that we might be able to make it look accidental if we rough him up a bit more?
>>
>>29670443
...We?
>>
“Fair enough, might even be able to get reinforcements that way”
>You turn back to the stallion, Velvet and Umbra milling about looking at some shelves behind him
“Think he might forget from being knocked out or that we might be able to make it look accidental if we rough him up a bit more?”
>Jack steps out from behind the counter, trotting to the knocked out pony
>”Hmmm…”
>A swift kick to the side of his head causes the stallion to jolt
“Oh god Jack!”
>”That might make him forget. And hey, if not we’ll be gone before he wakes up”
“… We?”
>He chuckles, giving you a pat on the back
>”What? You think I’d just let my friends go into a fight alone? I’m coming along too, son!”
>>
>>29670661
Well, I won't say no to another gun. Appreciate it, Jack.
>>
>>29670661
What if we put a hat on him to hide the scritch marks?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29670661
I really appreciate that Jack. I need all the help I can get on this.
>>
>>29671333
3 threes bump
>>
bop
>>
beb
>>
>>29672645
>>
We must save our waifu!
>>
wonk
>>
>>29672645
>>
“Well, I won't say no to another gun. Appreciate it, Jack”
>”It’s nothing, I can tell you’re going to need all the help you can get on this”
>His eyes dart to you, then to your two partners fooling around with some merchandise
>”Speaking of guns… what exactly are you all armed with?”
“Well, I’ve got my shotgun”
>You turn your side, showing it
>”Alright, that should be fine. How about you two?”
>”The revolver you sold me!”
>”I’ve got my pocket pistol”
>They both proudly hold out their weapons, smiling
>”No no no, those won’t do. You need some guns. Real guns”
>He ponders for a moment, shrugging
>”Some grenades couldn’t hurt either”
>Velvet’s jaw drops a bit as he says this
>>
>>29676818
No, no they would not.
>>
>>29676818
If you're bringing those, then you better make sure Velvet knows how to use them.
>>
>>29676818
We'll accept giving Velvet this TEMPORARY upgrade considering what we're up against.
>>
>>29676818
I feel like we can let Velvet go crazy this one time as long as she makes sure to promise not to blow up Garnet by accident.
>>
“No, no they would not”
>Velvet does a double take at your comment
“We can have this TEMPORARY upgrade, considering what we’re up against”
>”R-really? This isn’t some kind of cruel joke?”
“Just as long as you promise not to blow up Garnet. Jack, can you shoe us how they work?”
>”Oh sure, sure. They’re quite simple. Just hold up a sec”
>The stallion trots on back behind the counter, pushing open a door and disappearing
>”Guri, can you believe it?! Grenades! For FREE!”
“Just… pay close attention when he shows us how to use them”
>”You can count on me!”
>Umbra gives her an uneasy look, one she doesn’t notice
>A few minutes go by, rustling sounding from the back room
>But sure enough Jack returns, dropping a bundle on the counter as you all gather around
>”Alright, everyone come get your gear”
>You walk up first, Velvet and Umbra getting in line
>”Here, two for you”
>The stallion push a couple of stick like objects towards you, hefty metal canisters on the ends of them
>Moving out of the way, he continues to hand them out
>”Two for you, two for you, and… a few for me”
>He slyly throws a backpack full of them onto his back
>”Now, you two are gonna need more than some pistols. So take these”
>Jack shoves a couple of carbine rifles into their hooves, Velvet ooing and ahhing
>”Those were Imperial Germaneigh’s finest. Pretty much the standard for bolt actions”
>Reaching into a sack he pushes a bunch of loaded stripper clips to them
>”And to cap it all off, my uh, personal favorite”
>He lifts up an odd looking weapon, with a shrouded barrel and peculiar magazine sticking out from the side present
>”It’s called a sub machine gun. You have no idea the pain in the plot it was to get this thing back home”
>With a smile he glances to the three of you, nodding
>"I think that should do us fine"
>>
>>29677072
I think tomorrow is going to be a bad day for some scumbags. Now, I guess we have to drop this asshole off with the police.
>>
>>29677072
He seems to really know his weapons. I wonder if he'd have any idea about the weapons we found at the mansion.
>>
>>29677152
That's a good point. He know where someone would get that stuff around here? Especially the machine gun.
>>
Pausing early tonight
>>
>>29677163
I'm more curious since he was working with this gang. They might also have weapons like his.
>>
>>29677227
He was working with them?
>>
>>29677238
The gang wouldn't be after us if it weren't for this latest bounty.
>>
>>29677261
Wait who are we talking about here? Jack, or the arsonist? The gang's after us because we went after the arsonist and then looked into the business he was targeting. I don't see what that has to do with Jack.
>>
>>29677280
We're talking to JACK about the weapons we found while searching the house owned by the guy who's warehouse was targeted by the ARSONIST. It's possible that the GANG the ARSONIST is a part of has access to similar weaponry.
>>
>>29677391
Ah right, I follow now.
I get the feeling us taking the police to that mansion meant not dealing with those weapons tomorrow.
>>
>>29677439
Only if those were the only weapons.
>>
>>29677493
True. It's more a meta observation.
>>
>>29677504
Armed criminal organization working with somebody that had a lot of possibly illegal military grade weaponry. Not really seeing the meta.
>>
>>29677539
Anon please, I meant game meta. We found the weapon stash. If this was a game, that would mean we'd achieved a side objective, that would improve our chances going forward. That's all I meant. Sure, they might have loads more, but maybe that was their main stash.
>>
bep
>>
>>29678337
>>
beb
>>
woot
>>
wek
>>
“I think tomorrow is going to be a bad day for some scumbags”
>Velvet just continues staring at her new grenades
>You know, speaking of weapons…
“Say Jack, you seem to really know your guns”
>”I’d be losing profit if I didn’t”
“We found a stash of weapons in a safe at the home of the pony we think might be the gang leader. There was this machine gun there. Do you think you could identify it?”
>”Hold up”
>Once more currying behind the counter he breaks out a thick book, pushing it towards you
>”See if you can find it in there”
>Opening the book you begin to flip through the pages, each one displaying various firearms
>Finally coming upon a machine gun section your search slows, your eyes studying each picture
>But soon enough you spot one that looks similar
“Here. I think it might have been this one”
>Jack flips the book around
>”Are you sure?”
“I think so? It’s got that big water jacket on the barrel, and the bolt looked bent like that too
>”Hm…”
>He frowns a bit as he continues looking at the picture
>”We might be in for a bigger fight than I thought”
“Why’s that?”
>”That’s a late war design, pretty much about as modern as you get. If they had one of these, they’re no doubt well stocked”
"Any idea where they could have got one?"
>He shrugs
>"My guess would be a corrupt buddy working for an arms depot. We shipped a good number of these back after the war, but they weren't really made into surplus. Most are still probably back at army warehouses"
>>
>>29682514
Great.
>>
>>29682514
Seems like they have a lot of connections for just a gang.
>>
“… Great”
>The book shuts, a tiny gust of air blowing by
>”Hey, buck up. It aint all about having the biggest gun”
“Sure helps though”
>”Machine gunners always think they’re so big and bad until the moment a grenade lands in their lap”
>He laughs, you awkwardly grinning as he does
>Looking back your burrito’d stallion remains knocked out Velvet and Umbra standing their gawking over their rifles
“I think it’s about time we took this guy to the police”
>”Well give me a hoof and let’s throw em’ back in the cart”
>Velvet slings her gun as she grabs his back end, you getting a hold of the front
>Umbra helps Jack gather his gear as you all head outside to your waiting cart, the door being locked behind you
>Stashing the weapons under a tarp, you’re not so careful with your captive, casually tossing him onto the wooden floor with a thud
>Harnessing up, your three friends sit up front as you pull, Velvet giving backseat driver directions to the station
>By the time you pull out front its pitch black, light being casted out from the building windows
>Unhooking yourself, Velvet gives another glance to the knocked out pony
>”So how are we gonna go about this so you don’t end up sharing a cell with this guy?”
>>
>>29682807
Skub his ears.
>>
“… Skub his ear”
>”W-what?”
“The sheen might make it look not so bad. It’s worth a shot!”
>Velvet gives you quite the apprehensive look, but sighs, reaching into her bag
>”You’re lucky that I carry this for emergencies”
>Removing a small jar of skub she scoops some out, gingerly applying it to the stallion’s injured ear
>Annnnd… you can’t really tell if it helped at all
“Whelp, we’ve done all we could. Let’s go turn the sucker in”
>”We can stay and watch the cart for you”
>Umbra and Jack help you offload the pony, you and Velvet carrying taking the blanket off so it doesn’t look like you’ve kept him captive for hours
>Attempting not to drop him you carry the pony up the stairs, using your rear you push open the door
>Velvet huffs as she struggles to hold him up, but thankfully for her you make it to the front desk, flopping your victim onto the floor
>The police stallion just looks at you in total confusion, then to the pony
>”What the hell happened here? Is this guy ok?”
>A couple of other cops seemed to have noticed what was going on and start to walk out from the back offices
>”Is this another county you're turning in?”
>>
>>29683138
Not directly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was.

Dude is a hitman with gang ties, he tried to kidnap my friend Velvet and me.
>>
>>29683138
Asshole was in our apartment, waiting for us with a gun. His flankstamp matches one seen near our partner's house shortly before she disappeared.
>>
“Not directly, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Dude is a hitman with gang ties, he tried to kidnap my friend Velvet and me”
>”How exactly did that go down?”
“Asshole was in our apartment, waiting for us with a gun”
>”Geez… looks like you took care of him though”
>One of the cops idly checks his head, your breath being held as he goes over the ear
>”You have any relation to him?”
“His flankstamp matches one seen near our partner's house shortly before she disappeared”
>One of the cops calls from back in the office
>”Oh, is that the guy who put in the missing griffon report?”
“Yeah, that’d be me. And I think he had something to do with this”
>Your eyes flick back to the cop examining him, hoof raking back over the ear
>He folds it back, pausing as he pears at the injury
>His eyes slowly look up to your talons, your heart beginning to pound
>Looking into your eyes, he has an almost questioning look, which quickly snaps to a smirk
>”We’ll take it from here sir. You go on home and try to get some rest, and we’ll let you know what he says as soon as he comes to”
>>
>>29683399
phew, looks like we are fine for now.
>>
>>29683399
Right. Thanks.
>>
“Right. Thanks”
>Doing a 180 you walk towards the exit, Velvet following along
>Pushing open the doors, she waits for them to close before yapping
>”See? I knew you could do it! Just had to play it cool”
“Yeah, I guess I’m fine… for now. I think that cop that was checking him out suspected something”
>”Eh, like Jack said. We’ll be on our way before dipshit wakes up and cries to them”
>Approaching the cart the mare hops on in, Umbra scooting over for you
>Beginning to harness up, Jack leans forward
>”How about we go back to your place? I want to see every scrap of documentation you’ve got on what we’re about to go up against”
>>
>>29683789
Alright. Gotta be careful though, just in case one of his friends comes by.
>>
“Alright. Gotta be careful though, just in case one of his friends comes by”
>”I doubt his friends have a backpack full of grenades. Now come on, we’re wastin’ time!”
>You immediately pull forward, the cart lunching as your paws dig into the cobblestone
>Setting off into the night, you work your way back to the inn, placing your cart back where you had it originally
>Using the back entrance once more the four of you cautiously make your way up the stairs, doing a quick sweep of the apartment before letting your guards down
>Dropping all the weapons Velvet gets him the map that the stallion drew the cave position on, you scrounging up whatever else you can find among the evidence
>Half an hour later Jack still pours over the papers before him, yourself yawning to stay awake
>Lil’ Guri is perched back on top of Velvet’s horn, Umbra feeding him a cracker as she giggles
>The room starts to become dark, your eyes beginning to fail to stay open
>But with a quick jerk you brining yourself back from the impending nap
>Opening your beak, you just try to stay awake
“So Jack, have you found anything worthwhile?”
>”Maybe? I think I know which way we’re going to take to the cave… and on top of th-“
>A knock at the door causes all four of your heads to jerk towards it in unison
>Jack is quick to grab his SMG, silently shouldering it as Velvet and Umbra scramble you retrieve their weapons
>Once more, someone knocks
“… Who is it?”
>”Guri? Is that you?”
>There’s some mumbling in the hallway before the voice calls out again
>”It’s Light Wing”
>”And Medi!”
>”We heard what happened. The report came over our radio”
>>
>>29684161
Uh, how do you know where I live?
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29684161
Shit if they heard it then the kidnappers could have found out too.
>>
wek
>>
>>29685965
>>
womp
>>
beb
>>
“Uh, how do you know where I live?”
>”It isn’t too hard to track down a pair of griffon and unicorn roommates”
>You look back to your partners questioningly, Jack still grasping his weapon tightly
>Cautiously you approach the door, silently unlocking it
>Throwing it open, a familiar pegasus and earth pony greet you
>”Guri!”
>”Quiet Medi, there’s ponies trying to sleep”
“What the heck are you two doing here?”
>”Well, I was in the guardhouse listening to the police chatter, and they put out a missing griffon report. Then I noticed it started sounding a lot like your friend, so we went on over to the station and confirmed that it was you who submitted it”
>”Yeah, and then they pointed us in your direction, and here we are!”
>>
>>29689462
Okay. Well it's nice to know you're concerned. Completely unrelated question, but do either of you know how to shoot?
>>
“Okay. Well it's nice to know you're concerned”
>”We just thought that we should at least check on you, seeing as how messed up this is”
>Your eyes wander down to their stomachs, work belts around them
>Each has their work revolver holstered neatly against their sides
“Completely unrelated question, but do either of you know how to shoot?”
>”Well yeah, we had to qualify with our pistols to get our jobs”
>Medi lightly scuffs his hoof against the floor, looking off to the side
>”I uh… might not have got the best scores”
>”He hit the target stand last time and knocked the whole thing over. But he knows how to pull the trigger at least... why do you ask?”
>>
>>29689752
Because I know where Garnet is. The guys behind this insurance fraud have her. Wanna help get her back?
>>
“Because I know where Garnet is”
>”… Then why’d you report her missing?”
“Because the guys behind this insurance fraud have her!”
>”You mean possible our boss?”
“Almost certainly our boss. Want to help get her back”
>Medi scratches the back of his neck, starting to look a bit nervous
>”Oh geez, I dunno… I mean, I haven’t even been home to feed my fish”
>”Medi you told me you fed them before work”
>”Th-they might want seconds”
>”Come on man, he needs our help. You’ve always wanted to be a real cop, right?”
>”Yeah…”
>”Well this is your chance. You don’t have to be some security guard anymore”
>His eyes dart around, a bead of sweat starting to form on his face
>But he nods, Swift Wing smiling
>”We’d love to help”
>>
>>29690040
You don't have to Medi, but I could use the help.
>>
>You cast a look back to the earth pony, his eyes giving away how apprehensive he is
“You don't have to Medi, but I could use the help”
>”N-no, it’s ok. I’ll do it”
“Are you s-“
>”I WANT to do it. This is my time to prove that I can be more than a mediocre warehouse guard!”
>His face turns to one of resolve, his older partner smirking
>”Well, now that he’s on board… what exactly do you need us to do? You gotta understand that we aren’t exactly trained as actual cops, not that we aren’t ready to put down some kidnapping scum”
"Well, actually we-"
>"Got us some reinforcements I see!"
>Jack peeks around the corner, your guests' eyes falling upon his strange looking gun
>"The hell is that thing?"
>"This? It's a sub machine gun"
>Light's eyes flick over to you
>"... We're in for quite the fight, aren't we?"
>>
>>29690355
Yup, you guys have any idea how to use grenades?
>>
>>29690355
Maybe. Ideally we'll get in and out with been seen. But if things get nasty, I'm not leaving without Garnet.
>>
“Maybe. Ideally we'll get in and out with been seen. But if things get nasty, I'm not leaving without Garnet”
>You hear Jack call out from behind
>”Don’t worry, we aren’t leaving without your friend”
>Velvet’s quick to follow him up
>”Yeah Guri, I’m not letting my first mission with grenades end in failure”
“That reminds me… you guys have any idea how to use grenades?”
>”Uh, not particularly?”
>”Oh it’s real easy, all you gotta do it unscrew this and pull the string. Then throw of course”
>Jack herds them inside, locking the door to the apartment
>You only got a few seconds, so get rid of them quickly”
>Dropping a few into their hooves, they give each other concerned looks
“Like Jack said, apparently they’re easy to use”
>Looking back to the pony he’s already mulling over the map again, oblivious
>Medi and Light head over to the couch, making themselves comfy in the meantime
>You yourself grab a chair
>Half an hour goes by, it now well past midnight
>You feel your eyes begin to involuntarily shut again
>Until Jack pipes up
>”Ok, so I think I got the route settled on”
>Spreading up the map across the bed, you yawn, walking on over
>”There’s a trail that goes through this pass and straight to the cave, where it branches off and heads on by as well”
“Seems like the quickest way”
>”Which is why we aren’t using it. It’d be the perfect place to get ambushed”
>His hoof moves to a rocky looking area
>If we trudge through this and come up behind the cave it’ll take longer, but less of a chance we’ll be spotted. The last fifty of so yards we’ll have to hop on the trail to get to the cave mouth, but by that time we should be right on top of them”
“So… what, that’s it?”
>”With the info we’ve got, I’m afraid so. Once we get in the caves, that’s a whole another story. I can go get some miner’s helmets, but as for what’s inside, that’s anyone’s guess”
>>
>>29690782
Did Velvet keep that one she found at work? Anyway, it's better then what we had earlier. We should have surprise on our side at least.
>>
Pausing
>>
bumpo
>>
>>29690782
I say we bring along Lil Guri. The lil bird WAS for mines. So it might help us!
Come to think about it, do you think somepony in the gang also works at the factory?
>>
>>29692076
>inb4 those two idiots
>>
beb
>>
weed
>>
>>29692639
>>
bleh
>>
>>29692076
Garnet has been working for them all along.
>>
“Velvet, do you still have that helmet you took from work?”
>”Sure do!”
>She points to her pile of junk, the helmet inside it somewhere you assume
“Well make sure to bring it. And we can take along Lil’ Guri too. He IS meant for mines”
>”Who’s Lil’ Guri?”
>You don’t even need to begin tweeting before the yellow bird lands on your shoulder, puffing out it’s chest
>Jack smirks, looking back down to the map
>”I don’t see how a canary will exactly help, seeing as how the only reason they’re in mine is to check for gas leaks. A battlefield is no place for a song bird at any rate”
>>
>>29695789
He's more a war bird than song bird.
>>
>>29695789
He has shown bravery in the face of battle, he is a honorary gryphon!
Also he is annoyingly effective at smacking people in the face.
>>
>>29695789
Don't underestimate him. He's the one that helped take down that crook who sprung us.
>>
“He's more a war bird than song bird”
>”I’m having trouble seeing that”
“Don't underestimate him, Jack. He's the one that helped take down that crook who sprung us”
>He gives the bird another look, Lil’ Guri flicking his tail
>”Is that a matter of fact?”
“Yes! He has shown bravery in the face of battle, he is an honorary griffon!”
>Your little friend tweets loudly, backing you up
“Also he is annoyingly effective at smacking people in the face”
>The stallion chuckles at the canary’s display, rolling up the map
>”Well, if you think he’s fit for the job, I’m not gonna stop you”
>Lil’ Guri launches off your shoulder, swooping to the curtain rod as Medi ducks
>Rolling off the bed, Jack encourages everyone to gather around
>”Alright, after studying what you’ve given me, I think I can safely say that I’ve done all I’ve can with the information that I have. If there’s nothing else that needs to be brought to attention, all we can do now is wait for morning to come and set out”
>>
>>29696164
Well, we do know one of them is a minotaur.
>>
>>29696164
Might as well have a quick catnap to get some needed energy.
We will want to get everyone ready before dawn so we can be already on our way when dawn comes.
>>
“Well… did we tell you that one was a minotaur?”
>”Won’t be a problem. I have yet to see a side of beef deflect bullets”
“Uh, alright then. Anyone got anything else?”
>Velvet and Umbra shake their heads, Medi and Light Wing just kind of watching
>”So, it’s settled then. Should take us about an hour to get out there, so set an alarm for 5 AM. We’ll already be on the outcrop by dawn”
>You peek at the clock, it approaching 1 AM
>See like enough time for a catnap
>”Uh, you got any extra blankets?”
>Velvet trots on over to the dresser, pulling out a couple to address Medi
>Jack decides to take the chair, Medi and Light Wing propping up on the couch
>With a flick of his wings Umbra does a flip, hooves fastening to the ceiling
>… Still looks freaking creepy
>The light being switched off, you roll onto the mattress, Velvet crawling in soon after
>Sighing, you lay there, just trying to get comfy
>In time snoring fills the room, everyone seeming to have fallen asleep
>All but one that is
>Velvet tosses and turns once more, the bed slightly creaking as she does
>Eyes cracking open, you find the clock to be displaying 2 in the morning
>The weight shifts once more as the mare turns, your head craning to face her
”Velv, you ok?”
>Upon hearing your whisper she sighs, growing still
>”Yeah, just can’t sleep”
“Well try to get some. We’re gonna need it”
>”Yeah, I know. It’s just, are we gonna be ok?”
“Hm?”
>”Are we going to make it out alright? This isn’t just arresting ponies at the bar anymore, this is… this is like a war now”
>>
>>29696572
Sure we are. We're Scarf and Earring, best bounty hunters this side of Canterlot. Tomorrow we're gonna tear up a con that's made its way across half the country. Just keep your head down and remember what Jack's said, and we'll be alright. Probably make onto the front pages as big heroes too.
>>
>>29696751
Blackscarf and gold erring you mean
>>
>>29696572
Hug the Velv.
>>
“Sure we are. We're Blackscarf and Gold Earring, best bounty hunters this side of Canterlot. And tomorrow we're gonna tear up a con that's made its way across half the country”
>”But what if it goes all wrong?”
“ Just keep your head down and remember what Jack's said, and we'll be alright”
>”Jack’s said a lot of things”
“And he gave us some cool weapons, so he must know what he’s talking about, right?”
>”I guess so… the grenades WERE pretty cool”
“See? We’ll probably make onto the front pages as big heroes too”
>”Us? Heroes? You’re kidding right?”
“Why would I?”
>”Well, maybe you. They gotta put out feel good stories so griffon youth have something to look up to”
>Your response is merely to pull her in, the mare’s back behind sucked into your chest floof
>She sighs, her breathing beginning to slow
>”Guri”
“Yeah?”
>”I know that you’re upset about Garnet, but please… don’t do anything brash tomorrow”
>>
>>29697041
Really? You, Velvet, are telling me not to be brash? Well, I'll try my best then. I'm not planning to get anyone else hurt so Garnet can be safe. All the same, you know I can't leave her out there, right?
>>
>>29697041
And here I was afraid I needed to tell you that.
>>
bump?
>>
>>29697041
I just hope they haven't hurt her.
>>
how many
bumps are you
on my dude?
>>
“Really? You, Velvet, are telling me not to be brash? And here I was afraid I needed to tell you that”
>”Hey, I kno how to be brash. But you? It’s like the plot to a movie. Nice, humble griffon snaps with rage and suddenly kills everything in a half mile radius”
“Well, I'll try my best to disappoint you then. I'm not planning to get anyone else hurt so Garnet can be safe”
>“Except the kidnappers”
“Except the kidnappers … all the same, you know I can't leave her out there, right?”
>”We’re not leaving without her. But we can’t do something stupid because we were blinded by that”
>You smirk, head snuggling back down against the pillow
“Yeah… I just hope they haven't hurt her”
>”She’ll be fine. I think they’re the ones that are gonna get hurt tomorrow”
>The mare’s chest begins to rise and fall more rhythmically, the room going silent
>Your paws twitching slightly as her tail brushes over them is the only thing that stops you from passing out immediately
>”Goodnight Guri… I’ll see you in the morning”
“Night Velvet”
>Upon uttering those words your body starts to fully be hit with the effects of fatigue, your eyes shutting, world going dark
>…
>Your face scrunches, something poking your beak
>”Hey. Hey Guri, get up”
>Eyes cracking upon the room is still dark, but the blurry outline of Jack’s face greets you
>”5M Guri. Time to start the day bright and early gunning down criminal scum”
>>
>>29698474
Fine. Just make sure Velvet doesn't get in the shower or we'll be here tomorrow.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29698474
Wake up! Time to die.
>>
morning birb
>>
>>29699383
>>
>>29700154
>>
>>29700654
>>
Save the birb!
>>
>>29701449
no u
>>
>>29702444
I will try but im gonna need help.
>>
>You nearly ask for five more minutes
>And then you remember what today is
>Grumbling as you sit up you give your eyes a quick rub
>Medi and Light Wing seem to be already packing their bags in the corner
>Umbra’s wings twitch as he gives a few tentative flaps before unhooking from the ceiling
“Fine. Just make sure Velvet doesn't get in the shower or we'll be here tomorrow”
>”Actually she just gave the canary a bath”
>Almost on cue Velvet comes trotting out of the bathroom, holding a hoof up to your face
>”Presenting, the new and improved Lil’ Guri!”
>The songbird looks miffed, all of its feathers absolutely soaked
>”Gotta make sure he’s clean before getting coated in the blood of our enemies
>>
>>29703488
Well, be sure to get him dried off. Other than that, it's game time.
>>
>>29703488
Velvet please. Birds can bath themselves.
>>
“Velvet please. Birds can bathe themselves”
>”But I provide the tender washing that only a mother can”
>The canary begins to puff up, still outraged
“Well, be sure to get him dried off”
>”Will do”
>She heads back to the bathroom, pulling up a rag
>Grabbing your pack and shotgun you tuck your two grenades into your belt, both of them resting snugly against your side
>Jack throws his bag over his back, the explosives jingling as he picks up the SMG
>Umbra and the two warehouse guards chat nervously in the corner, their straps laden withtwo grenades each as well
>By the time the mare returns everyone is ready to go, Velvet quickly suiting up as the now fluffed up canary sits on her horn
>”Well, looks like it’s game time”
>Jack makes for the door, grinning
“We can take the back exit. Nobody’ll see us when we load up the cart”
>All of you begin to funnel out into the hallway, you being the last one out the door
>Looking back into the apartment you let out a small sigh, the room plunging into darkness as the switch is flipped
>Catching up to the others multiple hooves click as they go down the stairs, Velvet pushing open the back door, your cart in a spot right across from it
>>
>”Go ahead and put your weapons under the tarp until we get out of town, don’t want anyone asking questions”
>The others nod, Jack leading them over, unslinging his gun
>Being the last one out you gently shut the door as the group trots on over, trying to be silent as it clicks
>As you do however, a pair of blue and green eyes are revealed as it’s shut, a pair of black and white equines sitting against the wall outside
“… Zara, Wonga?”
>Their eyes flick from you, the heavily armed group climbing into the cart, and back to each other
“Guri?”
“What are… what are you doing out here?”
>”We just got off our night shift and came out for a smoke”
>The two sets of eyes peer back to the band throwing explosives into your cart
>”So uh… what are you doing out here?”
>>
>>29703759
I can't really tell you, but it's pretty serious, and it involves the bounty hunting.
>>
>>29703759
Uh, long story. Probably best you stay out of it
>>
“Uh, long story. Probably best you stay out of it”
>Zara’s neck stretches out, her eyes looking past you
>”Are those grenades?”
“Well, er”
>”You’re not about to pull off a bank heist are you?”
>”If you are, see if you can find our loan payment documents in the back and burn em’”
>Wonga shoots her sister a glare, the other zebra not really taking notice
>”But seriously, what’s with the military stuff?”
“I can't really tell you, but it's pretty serious, and it involves the bounty hunting”
>”Man, you better be after one hell of a payoff”
>Wonga butts in, a more serious tone present than her sister
>”Just, be careful with whatever you’re doing. Because it certainly doesn’t look safe”
“I will Wonga, promise”
>”Guri come on, we’re leaving!”
“I’ll see you guys, later. I suspect they want me to pull this thing…”
>The sisters give you an awkward goodbye as you head to the cart, unsurprisingly finding the harness unoccupied
>Jack and Velvet sit up front, the other three in the back with the rest of the gear
>”Time’s a wasting! Sun’ll be up in about an hour”
>Digging your paws into the ground you grunt, the cart lurching
>It’s a bit heavier than you remember
>Coming around the front of the building you hit the road, building up some speed as the cart wheels clack rhythmically on the cobblestone
>The city is still asleep, only a few lights peeking out from windows here and there, an occasional pony crawling out of a hole in the wall bar
>In total silence you all approach the edge of town, the roads becoming progressively less cared for as you press on
>Soon enough, you’re back on the dirt trail that you took coming into town, adjusting to point yourself towards the outcrops
>>
>The scrubland is just as lonely as town, with most animals crawling around unseen in the brush, only a tarantula crawling on by the path or an owl hooting in the distance reminding you that your band isn’t the only living things out here
>Some time later you notice the soil becoming less dirt, pebbles being increasingly prominent
>It doesn’t take long after for the cart to be lunching as it goes over sizable stones
>The cart wheels cease their creaking, the harness being unhooked
>Thanks to the first of the sun’s ray peeking over the horizon you find yourself looking at boulders, the slopes of the rocky outcrops climbing into the sky
>”Alright, everyone out. We haven’t got time to waste”
>Jack gets all of them moving, several hopping out of the cart while the others toss them weapons
>Reaching back you get your shotgun, slinging it as you fasten up your bags
>A hooftap on your shoulder ceases your efforts however, Jack coming you behind you
>”Alright, here’s the deal. Me and you are going to travel a little further than the main group. You know, you scout out the trail, clear out enemies we run into. Because honestly, I'm not sure if I trust any one of them with covering my ass"
>>
>>29704392
Roger, sounds like a good idea.
>>
Pausing
>>
>>29704392
okie dokie.
>>
>>29704392
I... yeah, true.
>>
birbtastic
>>
>>29705955
>>
wakka
>>
no country for old birbs
>>
pup
>>
>>29709167
Get that dog shit outta here!
This is catbird country.
>>
>You look back to the cart, Medi stumbling and falling to the ground with a thump as he tries to get out, Velvet giggling in the background
“I... yeah, true. Sounds like a good idea”
>He looks past you, calling out to the group
>”Let’s get a move on! We need to get to that cave before it gets too bright out”
>The rest of the gear is throw out and gathered, the cart behind pushed up under a rock formation to conceal it
>Lining up single file, you all begin to move out, you and Jack getting bit of a head start, putting about 30 yards between yourselves and the main group
>Unrolling the map he glances at it quickly, nodding
>”Alright, it’s gonna be a bit of a climb, but we need to get to the top of those hills. That way we can drop in on the last bit of the trail leading to the cave”
>Following his lead you begin to climb, hopping from boulder to boulder on the accent
>It isn’t even that steep, but the rocky conditions make it difficult in that every step needs to be done cautiously. At the least it could send rocks tumbling down into the rest of the group
>Upwards you continue to travel, sticking close to Jack who leads the way
>Looking back every once in a while the group seems to be sticking together reasonably, although you two have to slow your pace at times for them to catch up
>Daybreak starts to morph into daylight, the world not so dark anymore
>But thankfully the top of this particular outcrop is reached not soon after, your talons digging in as you pull yourself up over the edge, finding Jack propped against a rock with the map
“Are we in the right spot?”
>”Yeah, I think so. See how far back the others are”
>Peaking back down the outcrop you find them moving along diligently like a line of ants, Velvet, the first in the line, not too far below
“They’ll be here in just a minute”
>”Alright, we’re making decent time”
>>
>As he continues to study the map something catches your attention
>Looking upwards, you peer at a higher rock formation some distance away, blinking
>A brief flash of light is seen once more
>Quickly sticking your head down you get up to Jack behind the rock
>”What’s up? Is something out there?”
“I saw something glistening up on those rocks”
>”Hold up”
>Putting down that paper he reaches into his bag, pulling out a pair of binoculars
>Following where your talons is pointing he looks off into the distance, muzzle forming a frown
>”There’s a pony up there”
“Doing what?”
>”Same thing we are, looking through binoculars. You must have seen the sun glaring off the lenses”
“Well, what-“
>Jack quickly pulls your head down, tucking up behind the boulder
“Did he see us?”
>”I don’t think so… but he’s looking this way now, so keep your damn head down”
>You take a deep breath, holding still with Jack
>”Come on guys, we’re almost there”
>Both your eyes glance to the ridge, the sounds of rocks crunching under hooves now apparent
>Your worst fears are realized as Velvet’s cheerful face peeks over the edge
>”Guri!... what the hell are you crammed under a rock for?”
>>
>>29709775
Motion for them to stay hidden.
>>
>>29709775
Get down!
>>
>>29709775
Someone is looking at us!
>>
>You frantically wave your hand downwards, Velvet looking confused
>”Hm?”
“Get down!”
>Her head is quick to disappear, concealed once more under the ridgeline
“You think he saw them?”
>”I don’t know. But if he did, we’ll be finding out soon”
>Going silent you remain tucked against the rock, your tail being curled snugly against you to get as small as possible
>Time goes on by, your surroundings becoming progressively brighter
>You’re not sure how long you’ve been here, but it has to have been a decent amount of time
>Jack stealthily peeks around the corner, binoculars up to his eyes
>Only a second later he withdraws back behind the safety of the boulder
“Well?”
>”He’s still up there”
>Peering down to his watch, his expression is cross
>”We can’t stay here much longer. He’s already held us up for too long”
“So what do we do?”
>He pauses, contemplating
>”I need a rifle”
“You can’t be serious. He has to be at least half a kilometer away”
>”I don’t really think we have any other choice. If we try to move forward, he’ll see us for sure. It might alert others, but I’ve got to take a shot at him”
“And what if you miss? Then what?”
>He just gives you an expressionless look, sighing
>”We can’t stay here any longer. Please Guri, trust me. Find me a rifle”
>>
>>29710120
Fine, but we need to get ready if hell breaks loose.
>>
>>29710120
We can fly. As long as we move when he's not looking, we could cover that distance in hops. Once he's out of the way everyone else would be free to move forward.
>>
>>29710120
The report of a rifle will also alert the gang.
>>
>>29710120
Does this observer have any rocks above him? if so, what if we just try to shoot the rocks to fall down on him? Distract him and get him outta there?
>>
>>29710207
He will still hear the shot.
We could try to sneak over and try to push the rock on him ourselves though and make it look like an accident.
We should still give him a rifle though so he can take the shot if the scout sees us while we are sneaking over.
>>
>>29710207
That doesn't really solve the problem.
>>
>>29710143
We could plot a course to him from here, and have Jack watch him. We look backwards towards Jack and he signals when we're good to move again.
>>
>>29710252
That is gonna take to long.
We need to silently take him out.
>>
>>29710245
This will either:
A) Kill the pony.
B) Convince the pony the place may be a bit dangerous to observe the landscape on.
>>
>>29710273
Unless we have a suppressor up our ass that ain't happening.

>>29710292
A) Gunshot
B) Gunshot
>>
>>29710297
Sneak around and knock him out
>>
>>29710306
>we should sneak towards him and take him out
>no that would take too long, instead we should sneak towards him and take him out
?
>>
>>29710322
oh for some reason I thought you were saying to have jack stay and signal everyone when to move so we could have everyone slowly sneak past.
>>
“… Velvet”
>”Yeah?”
“Toss us a rifle”
>A gun is quickly tossed over the edge, clanging on the rocks before you
>Quickly grabbing hold, you pull it over
>”Perfect”
>Jack is quick to take it, opening the bolt to make sure it’s loaded
“Jack, are you sure you have to do this?”
>”It’s either that or we’re stuck here”
“What if I could sneak up on him? I could fly on over”
>”Before he notices you? I doubt it”
“Look, someone’s gonna hear that gunshot if we do this, they have to. How about this? You cover me with the rifle, and signal when for me to move up. If he notices me, you can take the shot anyway. We’ve got nothing to lose”
>”Except time”
“Jack, please…”
>He takes a breath, looking down at the rifle in his hooves
>”Alright. You had better be quick”
“I will, promise!”
>”Bound between the rocks. Look back at me, and if I wave my hoof you move up to the next ones”
>Nodding you roll onto your paws, beginning to peer over the side
>Jack barely peeks around the corner, peering through the binoculars
>”Alright… go!”
>Your paws shove off, you dashing like a made cat
>With a quick hop your wings extend, getting in a good couple flaps before you dive behind another boulder, making sure your body is concealed
>There you wait, catching your breath as you look back to the rock Jack is behind
>At first there’s nothing, your body becoming tense as you anticipate the next dash
>But then a hoof snaps out from the side, waving frantically
>Taking your cue to rush to the next outcrop a couple dozen meters away, once more concealing yourself
>>
>The process is repeated a few more times, progress admittedly moving slowly
>But eventually your back is pushed up against the cool rock of the tall outcrop, hidden in the shade
>Looking up, you observe the almost spire like formation, the pony at the top of it somewhere
>Working your way to the other side you silently lift off the ground gaining altitude
>Making a stealthy landing on the top you scrunch up behind yet another large rock, taking a moment before looking out from behind it
>You can’t see a pony, but you can hear someone milling about ahead
>The pitter patter of your paws carries you to a rock further up ahead, your sharp eyes peering over it
>Only a few paces away sits a pegasus, his tan wings furled tightly to the back he presents to you
>His hoof lifts up, a his head moving slowly back and forth as he scans with a pair of binoculars, sighing in boredom
>By his side is a scoped rifle, laying in the dirt
>>
>>29710680
He's a pegasus, so just pushing him off won't work. Distract him by tossing a rock to the opposite side of him. Then we can get close and use our knife. Hope we're up to that, because it's more grisly than just shooting at someone.
>>
>>29710775
We got talons we don't need a knife, other than that it sounds good.
>>
>>29710851
I'm pretty sure a knife beats sharp nails. Otherwise, why would we own it?
>>
>>29710870
Because we have two talons and we don't have to mess about pulling a knife out nor getting disarmed.
I don't even think we brought a knife with us anyway.
>>
>>29710905
What are you wanting to actually do with our talons?
>>
>>29710912
RIP AND TEAR!
>>
>>29710912
Hunt some pone
>>
>>29710940
>>29710952
Yeah nah, that's fucking stupid. He'll yell and everything we've done will be pointless. We either smash him over the head with a rock or grab him and stab him.
>>
>>29710955
Cover his mouth and squeeze his neck with our SHARP CLAWS. What is so stupid about that?
>>
>>29710955
And He wont yell with a stab?

Smacking him in the head with a rock doesn't need a knife.
>>
>>29710967
Choking him out gives him chance to struggle, and a knife will cut a throat better than claws.

>>29710970
Cover his mouth and stab. This is basic stuff. It's faster than claws. Claws aren't designed to kill in one. They wound and grab.
>>
>>29710998
nigga we're cutting up his jugular! if we cover up his mouth while doing, his scream will be covered and all that will come out of his mouth after the action is blood and a whimper. That way he'll bleed out, AS IF YOU STABBED HIM WITH A KNIFE. And btw, do we even have a knife with us?
>>
>>29711013
Throats are tougher than you seem to think. Just use the knife previously mentioned, instead of being a savage for no reason and possibly fucking it up. We have experience cutting meat. With a knife.
>>
>>29711034
Unless we brought a meat cleaver I don't see how our meat cutting helps here at all. We have way more experience with our talons than a combat knife, plus I don't even think we brought one anyway!
>>
>>29711034
He's not going to die instantly, if we just stab him or cut him. There is the chance he could break free and run to tell his buddies. If we can dig our claws in his throat, even just one claw, then he would not die quickly, but he would have trouble speaking. And not to mention the artery on his neck, if we cut it, could have him drowning in his own blood if the blood goes into this hole(s) we've made.
>>
>>29711077
A six inch deep wound in the throat does everything you just said. Knife is better than talons for this.
>>
>>29711120
You're right, but I ask again, did we bring a knife? It will make this job a lot easier, but it's not helpful if we don't even have it.
>>
>>29711132
Why wouldn't we bring our knife?
>>
>>29711146
When have we used a knife outside of work?
>>
>>29711146
Maybe because we were too busy focusing on long distance warfare instead of close combat warfare.
>>
>>29711167
Guri canonically owns a knife. It was mentioned right before the attempted kidnapping.
>>
>>29711183
I asked when has he ever used a knife outside of work not if he had one. where exactly is he holding this knife then?
In his scarf?
>>
>>29711207
Between his claws.
>>
>>29711207
Are we seriously doing this? He's never been in a position to use a knife outside of work before, and it'll be in a sheath, where everyone keeps their fucking knives.

Res can you just clear up whether or not we brought our knife to the biggest fucking fight of our life, and how sharp exactly talons are?
>>
>>29711207
show me a single post stating the he is hold a knife in his talons.
>>
>>29711240
Ive seen plenty of posts showing Guri shouldering his shotgun yet never a single one about him sheathing a knife.
>>
>>29711258
Right, because you don't shoulder a fucking knife, idiot. You know the knife is the better option so you're just intentionally being stupid at this point. I'm done arguing with you. If Guri wants to be an idiot then he can fuck around with claws instead of using a proper weapon.
>>
Well this exploded
I count a knife as basic survival gear. You have a knife
>>
>>29711281
Did I say you shoulder a fucking knife? no read the post again I was talking about the shotgun.
It irrelevant now anyway.
>>
>>29711283
Very well.
Jump on the pony. Then cover the pony's mouth and stab him in the neck. Keep his mouth covered until he quits struggling.
>>
>>29711295
A shouldered gun =/= something that sits in a sheath/holster on your person.
>>
>>29711306
I was talking about the fact that the shotgun has been brought up time and time again while we had never heard a peep about Guri's knife you spastic.
Christ are you being this dense on purpose?
>>
>>29711326
>Never heard a peep about Guri's knife
>>29647283
>>
>>29711326
That's rich coming from you retard. You don't interact with someing that's just on you, so of course it wasn't brought up. The shotgun is the only thing being picked up and put down.
>>
>>29711326
>>29711343
Hey woah, let's all calm down now and stab a guy in the neck with the knife that the QM says we have.
>>
>>29711343
I dunno why you keep bringing it up dumbass we already got the final answer from res anyway.
You don't have to be a fucking autist over it.
>>
>>29711387
Because you're wrong.
>>
>>29711395
What do you want a medal?

Here have one internet for being right that we have a knife.

I still think we would do just as well with our talons as with a knife but really doesn't matter if we use one or the other so please lets just get on with the show.
>>
>Well, guess you can’t just push him over the side
>You consider pouncing immediately and going for the good old rip and tear
>But you haven’t exactly shredded a pony before
>Then again you’ve never stabbed a pony to death either, but you none the less reach down into your bag, unsheathing your knife
>Just gotta go for the throat, it always works in the novels
>Inch forward your back is arched, tail raises in pounce mode
>The pegasus is apparently totally unaware of his situation, wings gently rustling as a light breeze blows through
>Your paws crunch some pebbles under their tread, the stallion’s ears flicking back
>He turns just in time to see your blade as you crash into him
>Throwing him back with a hip throw his gun is kicked away in the scuffle, rattling as it lands a couple yards away
>The pony is smashed into the ground, a chocked yell being stifled as the air leaves his lungs
>He doesn’t have time to react before the steel blade punctures his neck, his body convulsing immediately
>You try to hang on, pulling the knife out and stabbing again but his flailing hooves gets a lucky kick on your stomach, causing you to stumble back
>Catching your balance before you take a tumble over the edge you glare back to your opponent, bloody knife gripped firmly in your talons
>A trail of blood leads back to the boulder you were hiding behind, the pony now collapsed with his back pressed upon it
>A hoof is pressed firmly against his throat, blood continuing to trickle out despite the pressure
>As you approach to finish the job all he can do is stare at you with dull eyes, the light beginning to leave them
>Shadow cast over him, he somehow manages to shake his head slowly, trying to mouth something, no words coming out
>>
>>29711450
Well that's horrible. If he's not gone yet, put him out of his misery and signal the others. We can cover their approach from here.
>>
>>29711450
Is someone nearby?
>>
>>29711450
Is it a fatal wound? If it isn't, we should just knock him out to lessen an unnecessary body count. If it is, there is no reason for him to suffer.
>>
>Your grip on the knife tightens, the stallion showing no reaction
>There’s no way that wound isn’t fatal. I’d be cruel just to leave him to suffer
>Reassured with as much kindness as you could get stabbing someone to death you finish the job with a quick jab to the throat, the pony not even struggling this time as he slumps over, eyes shutting for good
>It aint pretty, but it had to be done
>Taking a rag you thoroughly clean the blood from the blade, sheathing your knife once more
>Afterwards you scoop up his binoculars, pushing his fallen rifle to the side as you peer downwards
>You’re met with the sight of Jack doing the same, a grin forming on his muzzle as he adjust his binoculars
>Giving a friendly wave, you signal for them to move forward, the stallion nodding
>Floof in the dirt you get in the prone, beginning to scan the area as they all move out
>You don’t spy much on the rocky landscape, certainly not any other threats
>But even from your vantage point the early morning light isn’t ideal for spotting enemies
>Every once in a while you peer back, another team member moving on by
>Seeing Medi take up the rear you glance around for Jack, eventually finding him hanging out by another boulder, giving you the signal to come back
>>
>>29711681
Let's rejoin the party.
>>
>>29711681
Grab his rifle and see if there's anything else on him.
>>
>>29711681
Bring the rifle and join him.
>>
Pausing
Thread posts: 512
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.