[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darkest Hour CYOA 9

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 267
Thread images: 3

File: 1483364224436.png (4MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
1483364224436.png
4MB, 2000x1333px
Six months passed since Celestial Siblings defeated Discord and turned him into stone.

Six months of peace had passed and now war once again rages on Equestrian soil.

Princess Luna had bestowed upon herself the name 'Nightmare Moon' and raised her arms against Princess Celestia.
As sun and moon both hang in the sky, Lady of the Night is gathering forces for the march towards the Castle of the Two Sisters.

Catch up here: https://www.anonpone.com/dhour/

Current objectives:
-Pick up Last Word's dress from a tailor after two days (and pay 50 bits for it)
-Gather enough bits to pay your gambling debts (64/300)
-Escape the Shaa-Dom

Inventory:
Night Guard armor
Deer sword (posioned)
1 'anti-hungover' potion
64 bits
Notebook

Previous thread:>>29278363
>>
"So, which blade you like more?" - you asked Gust.
"The bigger - the better." - pegasus grinned, rising back on her hooves.
You shrugged and levitated saw-blade towards her. With a pained battlecry she darted in the air, brandishing her huge weapon. The remaining doe carefully eyed you two, though she did not move, clearly resigned to the inevitable encirclement.
When Gust hung above the doe, you attacked your adversary trying to stab her in the face.
She barely managed to intercept it in the midair and tried to wrestle it our of your telekinetic grip, but was not fast enough. The moments after Gustfell on her from above, cutting her right hindleg off with a one mighty swing.
The crippled doe fell on the ground with an agonizing cry.
"Oooh, that's something new!" - suddenly exclaimed archon.
You glanced at Arcane - the unicorn was now surrounded by a crimson shield which was continuously assaulted by streams of green magic coming from the stag. Blue magic flickered in the air occasionally, but it looked like Arcane himself was almost drained.

Your actions?
>>
>>29418433
Finish the job, then three of us should encircle the archon. We can't do too powerful magic, but we can distract him and give Arcane the chance to strike.
>>
>>29418433
While Gust finishes off the doe go around and get behind the stag then try to charge at him at the same time as Gust. Go for the leg.
>>
>>29418450
Also If the archon tries to throw Gust or her weapon away with magic attempt to use our own telekinesis to help her maintain control. (moreso if he trys to knock away her weapon then the mare herself)
>>
>>29418446
>>29418450

"Finish her." - you said, turning away from incapacitated doe to the fighting magi.
"With pleasure." - Gust replied. After a brief terrified shriek doe had finally fell silent.
"This blade is fucking awesome." - giggled pegasus, moving closer towards you - "Guess it's enchanted or something."
"We still have the old fart to deal with." - you said - "Encicrle him and charge."
"Got it." - she nodded with a grim satisfaction and ran around the old stag. After you three formed a triangle around the archon you yelled 'Charge!' and both you and Gust rushed to the remaining adversary while Arcanestruggled to shield himself from stag's magic.
Then a ring of magical energy appeared around the old deer. Then it expanded with terrifying speed, knocking both you and Gust on the ground and even shaking the trees behind.
"Oh, you still think you can win?" - archon smiled - "Your pathetic magic is no match even to one of this bastard" - an exceptionally strong blast of magic struck Arcane's shield while unicorn was trying to catch his breath during the brief respite you won for him - "not to mention mine."

Your actions?
>>
>>29418535
Teach him a lesson. Higher they are, the harder they fall.
>>
>>29418535
Who the fuck broadcasts their actions by yelling 'charge!' and not use gestures?
>>
>>29418575
Rime, that's who.
>>
>>29418549
The fuck does this mean? What. Are. You. Trying. To. Say. Anon? And how do you plan for the party to handle this.
>>
>>29418578
Damn you guys made her stupid. Or maybe I'm stupid for assuming Gust can understand signals. Fuck it.
>>
>>29418581
I. Am. Trying. To say. We should take his attention out of Arcane somehow. Preferably by showing this bastard who's better. I suggest we would throw multiple small but sharp icicles at him, while Gust And Arcane do their things.
>>
>>29418606
They you should have said that instead.
>>29418535
Does this guy have 360 Vision? Doubt it. And I think his eyes are still on Arcane. I'll assume flinging stuff at people is relatively silent, so shoot an ice spears or another sword at him
>>
>>29418535
Pretend Rime is too tired to continue. Wait a few seconds before hitting him in the back of the head with a solid chunk of ice. That should knock him out, pain tolerance or not.
>>
>>29418625
>>29418628

Archon's last attack did not inflict serious damage upon you, though you were not in a hurry to get up. Gust noticed it and flew to check on you.
"Rime, you okay?" - she asked, touching your head with her forehoof while you laid motionless on the ground.
"Hush." - you whispered - "I'll try to fake my unconsciousness and then strike when he last expects it."
"Wait." - she quietly replied with a wide grin - "I have even a better idea."
Then an expression of extreme concern appeared on her face.
"R-Rime? Damn, Rime! Answer me!" - she wailed. Then her eyes widened and she covered her mouth with a forehoof while you were trying not to burst out laughing.
"Sweet Luna, your neck..." - she muttered and then raised her head to the sky and roared in anguish:
"YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT YOU BONEHEADED FAGGOT!"
"What, she already died?" - archon sounded pleasantly surprised - "You equinesd are truly pathetic."
While the archon was clearly enjoying Gust's lament you were quietly conjuring a sizeable chunk of ice.
Furious pegasus charged at the deer, only to be predictably swept away by a burst of his magic, but that gave you enough time to levitate your new weapon above stag's head and then drop it.
The stag fell unconscious as it his his head.

Your actions?
>>
>>29418762
Break the fuckers horn. We're gonna mount in on our fireplace!
>>
>>29418790
Do this, this will hinder his magic.
>>
>>29418762
Make sure we have the two sawblades and the sword. Strip the Archon of everything he has, and search the doe corpses for anything of use.
>>
>>29418794
>hinder his magic
I hope it nullified it completely. I'm hoping this guy was an old retard that relied on the same method of casting magics through a natural focus.
>>
>>29418762
Check on Arcane, Gust, then the civilians.
>>
>>29418762
Does mean we get to loot their armor? F-for research of course!
>>
>>29418790
>>29418794
>>29418806
>>29418812

"That's... that's all?" - you asked no one in particular, rising from the ground.
"Yeah, pretty much." - Gust replied - "I'll call the civvies, tell them that everything is safe there now."
"Before that we need to make sure that this faggot will not trouble us anymore. Break his horn, strip him from every magical thing he has - and he should have something."
"Why break while we can just cut them?" - Gust's innocent smile was unsettling to say the least.
You silently nodded and then trotted to the armored unicorn, who was now trying to catch his breath.
"Hey, Arcane, hope you're not injured?" - you asked.
"Your concern is unnecessary." - he sighed - "Though I had seen better days."
"Uh, well, good to hear. I'll go and loot the corpses then." - you smiled and turned around.
"Why?" - you heard Arcane's whisper from behind. You turned around to face him again.
"Why I am so pathetic?" - his vocie trembled - "I am a damned Lunar Mage and yet I can do nothing right. If not for the power of my brother, we all would have died here."

Your actions?
>>
>>29418886
Give him a quick hug
>Nows not the time to doubt Arcane. You can do that later when we're safer. Please?
>>
>>29418886
The guy was as magically powerful as he was old. So what? You're 20 something times younger then him AND was able to hold out for quite sometime. I'd say you did spectacularly against him!
>>
>>29418886
I'll give you a blowjob later if you stop pitying yourself.
>>
>>29418886
If your so worried about your power or lack there of, strive to be better so this doesn't happen again. Let today inspire you for the tomorrow. Was that inspiring enough? Do you feel any better?
>>
>>29418886
Ask Arcane if there's a way to make sure the archon has absolutely no method to cast any more spells? If he could caste magic without the use of his horns?
>>
>>29419016
>>29419084
>>29419246
>>29419250

"Hey, calm down." - you hugged him - "You can lament your imaginary weakness later. He was like twenty times older than you, and, well, he was a deer. I bet it's enough to crush almost any unicorn!"
"Actually he was not. The gap between a unicorn and a unicorn talented in magic is extremely wide. The same goes for deer, I suppose." - he replied, easing up in your embrace a little.
Perhaps, he assumed that he had such talent. To your shame you understood that you did not remember his cutiemark - not that you had more than one chance to see it... You quickly drove away this thoughts from your head.
"Still, holding against him for so long is quite a feat in itself! Also, you think he can use magic without his horns?"
"I doubt it. Deer seem to loath the star magic and Gust will probably take care of any amulets, potions and other valuable and dangerous things he has."
"That's good to hear. And well, if you're so worried that you're not strong enough then you just should strive to become better!"
"You think I don't try?" - he sadly chuckled - "But when your every test of your abilities ends in failure or disaster, you start asking questions." - he fell silent for a moment - "And since Prosperity - I don't even know how am I going to look in the eyes of other Magi."
"You saved them."
"I turned their friends and relatives into a piles of dust. You have an older sister, Deep Freeze if I recall?"
"Exactly." - you nodded - "But she is alive. Well, I hope so."
"Then how would you feel that in case she died I raised her from the dead as a mindless golem to do my bidding?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29419597
You wouldn't do that Arcane.
>>
>>29419597
>That...that's besides the point.
>>
I really need to stop falling asleep after the first post of the session.
>>
>>29419597
Uuuuh, distraction! How's Gust doin on the antler cutting business?
>>
>>29419597
I would be thankful that you tried.

We should ask if there is a way for us to directly help power his shields and things.
Also we should take the stags horns as a trophy.
>>
>>29419597
Hug him harder dammit!
>>
>>29419597
H U G
Some things in life are unpredictable and aren't depending on us and our abilities, but on the outside pressure and other stuff like that. Back in Prosperity we were under enormous pressure, constant threat of death, and here is no different. We're on foreign soil, in a city full of demons, deer and whatnot, and we, you are leading a group of civilians out of this fucking deathtrap. That is truly something. It's not a disaster and it won't be, if you only won't give up. I know it's hard, but we must do it. We shall prevail.
>>
>>29420026
>>29420045
>>29422464
>>29422680

"Arcane, that's irrelevant." - you sighed, hugging him harder - "Look, there are things in life that are unpredictable and..."
"Answer my question, damn you!" - he suddenly yelled, breaking the embrace.
"That's besides the point. But I believe that you wouldn't do it..." - you muttered.
"Wouldn't do it?" - he whispered - "Wouldn't do it?" - he repeated, louder this time - "But I did exactly that! They were my friends, but of course they were irrelevant to you, huh? You were the one who tried to convince me to perform the ritual, but now, when I just speak about your sister, you back away?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29423646
I would not be bothered by her dead body being a mindless golem. Her souls is all the way up here, and I am sure she would like to help us. I feel sorry for you and your friends, but this is how it had to be back then. Hell, I wouldn't mind my body getting resurrected like that, if it could really help.
>>
>>29423646
Wouldn't do it as in I very much doubt there would be a time where you'd need to do that BUT. If you had to then I'd let you.
>>
>>29423646
Say QM. What exactly happened with Prosperity and Arcane raising the dead? I'm currently on the third thread.
>>
>>29423654
>>29423859

"Calm down, I meant I doubt there would be a situation where you'd need to do that-"
"That was a hypothetical question. I hope I don't need to explain what 'hypothetical' means?"
"-but if you had to then I'd hold nothing against you. Damn, I wouldn't mind myself getting resurrected like that!" - you eagerly finished.
"Then you have no idea what am I talking about." - he growled - "Unable to control, even feel the body that is not yours anymore, being caught up between life and death in complete darkness. Day by day, second by second you struggle to open your non-existent mouth in a silent scream lamenting your former life, while the memories of your past are leaving your mind until there is nothing left to mourn." - he began visibly shaking at the end of this description - "This is the fate I have sentenced them to and after that you dare say that you do not hate me?!"
"Arcane, I..." - you muttered, but it turned out that he didn't really need your answer.
"I hate myself for that, for what I had done to my friends, to my brother." - he spoke faster and faster, while his words were turning more and more illegible - "Every time I put on this helmet, I cannot help but wonder - is there something left of him? Does he still remember me? I console myself with empty promises that once I will manage to reverse the spell, but... but..." - he sobbed, unable to speak anymore.

Your actions?

>>29424055
He fucked up and about 75% of Lunar Magi he tried to raise had their bodies destroyed and their souls binded to their armor.(I wonder if you'll get the reference.)
>>
>>29423646
I would be thankful you tried.
>>
>>29424147
I honestly don't think there is anything we can say here that will not make things worse so just keep hugging him.
>>
>>29424147
>>29424165
This really. We can't feel like he does. Just hug him and let him cry.
>>
>>29424147
Legion of the Damned?
>>
>>29424165
>>29424170

You had really nothing to say, so you just hugged him silently once again. Arcane did not refused your embrace now, on the contrary, he clinged to you and burst into tears. He muttered something incomprehensible between sobs while you had removed his helmet and petted his head absentmindedly.

"Ahem." - Gust coughed, trying to draw your attention. You looked at pegasus, who had two saw-blades strapped to her armor now. Behind her back in a bout ten meters stood remaining civilians who occasionally throwed concerned glances at weeping Arcane - "Not that I am rushing you, but we are still in the city filled with demons. They had nothing of value except a bunch of keys and some amulet that may or may not have magical properties. The gem in it looks pretty expensive though."
"What, they had no money at all?"
"Nope. It's not like we have the same currency anyway." - she shrugged - "They were probably going to visist the local treasury, if it's not filled with demons already. I suspect latter though. Archon's mantle probably has some magical properties, but I'm not sure. That leaves us with two questions - will we take their armor and where are we going to go now?"

Your actions?

>>29424275
Thousand Sons and Rubric of Ahriman.
>>
>>29424402
Spoiler: damn. I don't know much about those. Something about Magnus accidentally killing a fuck huge amount of his sons?
>>
>>29424402
Arcane can look at those. Later. And unless that treasury has a butt load of weapons I don't see any reason for us to go there.

Your suggestion on how to escape Gust? And what'cha gonna with those antlers? Mount them on your fireplace?
>>
>>29424402
If we do take their armor:
-how much time would it take?
-who would carry it? (Maybe some civilians)
-can we use it? (If it could fit Gust, Rime, Arcane, or civilians)

It's probably light weight.
>>
>>29424402
Maybe the archons mantle was enchanted to enhance the users magical prowess?
>>
>>29424402
Make sure the sword is secure.

Still reading through the threads to catch up. From my POV, I'd say 'try' interrogating the archon, or head to the treasury since those are the only things I know of so far.
>>
>>29424402
We're still in some garden so send Gust into the air and tell us what she see's.
>>
>>29424402
Put on the mantle and try casting a spell.
>>
>>29424402
If only some of the slaves had some idea of the lay out of this city, and any places of interest.
>>
>>29424475
This.
>>
>>29424467
>>29424475
>>29424481
>>29424489
>>29424500
>>29424686
>>29424956

"All right, give me this mantle and amulet, gotta make some tests." - you said, breaking the embrace and leaving now quietly sobbing Arcane.
"Yeah, hope they will not melt your skin when you put it on." - Gust grinned, extending a forehoof with both mantle and amulet.
"Eh, why should it?" - you hesitated, being quite surprised by Gust's statement.
"Noble pricks have plenty of ways to protect their shit. I bet there're some nasty charms that will mess with you if you'll try to put them on."
"Your discretion is impressing." - you noted with a hint of respect.
"I got some acquaintances of blue blood." - she replied - "But it's the matter of days since long past. Concerning the armor - I doubt we'll be able to wear it, unless we go on a diet. Fucking stick-legs. Sure, we can just order the civvies to carry it for some time, but when we'll part ways we'll still have to carry it ourselves, and, well, I don't think it's worth it."
"All right. Any ideas what to do with archon's antlers?"
"Just leave them here." - she shrugged - "We're not these Lightning Pack barbarians to show everyone bones of our enemies."
"Yeah, it would be stupid," - you nervously chuckled - "For now can you fly around and scout the area?"
"You'd better ask some civvies then." - she gave you a flat look, spreading her wounded wing - "Besides, it's not like knowing where the exits are is going to help us in the long run - we still need to wake up the old fart if we want to find that portal room."

Your actions?
>>
>>29425070
Gust is right as much as I wanted to take a trophy from the manticores taking the horns would make us no better then the lightning Pack (weren't you working on a sketch of one of those how is that coming along).

Take the amulet and unless it is made of a heavy material the mantle but Don't wear them.

Let's wait for the archeon to wake up there is to much risk of getting seen if we send a civilian into the air.
>>
>>29425070
Smash the archon, poke, prod, slap. Get the old geezer awake.
>>
>>29425070
Was the lighting pack barbarians a referance to the thunder warriors, or the techno barbarians?
>>
>>29425070
Make sure all the civies made it through the portal
>>
>>29425070
Hey warlock. Were the deer wearing anything under their armor? That stuff can chaffs if you don't wear anything underneath. Just saying. If they had anything underneath it could be used on the Archon's bleeding ass. Pain tolerance does that mean you won't die.
>>
>>29425561
It's going much slower than I expected, but I made something different!
>>29427458
Space Wolves
And I fucked up with the name in the last post, sorry.

Also, I suppose I should have done it earlier since it's kind of common knowledge, but anyway, here's the list of Lunar and Solar generals and regiments they lead:

Solar:
Lightning Rush(f. pegasus)/Thunder Pack
Robust Guile(f. pegasus)/Ultima's Mares
Royal Horn(m. unicorn)/Celestial Horsheshoes
Iron Mane(m. erf)/Iron Hooves
Mercy(f. pegasus)/Bleeding Hearts
Lionheart(m. pegasus)/Everfree Knights

Lunar:
Crimson Vision(m.unicorn)/Lunar Magi
Golden Word(f. unicorn)/Nightbringers
Perturbation(f. erf)/Steel Regiment
Grim Phoenix(m.pegasus)/Perfect Scions
Death and Decay(m. erf)/Immortal Vanguard
Night Haunter(f. pegasus)/Twilight Raiders
>>
>>29428880
Neat.
>Death and Decay
Sounds like a pleasant chap.
>>
>>29428880
>Death and Decay
I wonder if he likes fluff, rainbows and pretty flowers.
>>
>>29425561
>>29426712
>>29427573
>>29428625

"We'd better leave it for now." - you said - "Every survivng civilian is here, right?"
"Yeah. I'm going to wake that old fart up if, you don't mind."
"Good. But we need to treat his wounds before interrogating him. It would be inconvenient if he died from the bloodloss."
"Suppose you're right. Good that this bastards didn't take my medkit." - Gust replied, making her way to the unconscious deer.

After dressing his wound pegasus leaned to his year and yelled: "Wake up, motherfucker!"
Stag jolted in the air and sat on his haunches. His forehooves instantly reached for his now missing antlers.
"Looking for them, bastard?" - Gust grinned, brandishing his sawed antlers.
"Hmph. Congratulations on your victory, equines." - he muttered with a hint of irritation.
"Cut your pleasantries." - you demanded - "First - don't do anything stupid - not that you can now, but still! Second - we need to get to the treasury and then to the portals your lackeys used to bring us here."
"I'm afraid you will have to take me along then. There's no chance you'll manage to figure out how to use the portals by yourself. Plus, the local portal network is already severely damaged, otherwise I wouldn't be moving through the garden at all." - he smirked - "And concerning the treasury - I was unable to get there, and even if I had somehow managed to get there, I bet I would have find it empty."
"You're suspiciously cooperative." - noted Gust - "Considering I cut your precious horns off."
"While I hate you for filling my cabal with Neverborn, I hate the idea of my soul being claimed by the Hungry Bitch even more. And as much as I hate to admit it, now you're my best bet of getting out of here alive. And antlers... they'll grow back. Not a big deal."
"And you're not afraid we're going to kill you when we get to the portals?" - you asked.
"A little." - he agreed - "But it's a risk I'm willing to take."

Your actions?
>>
>>29429404
Suspicious as fuck, but sadly this is the only lead we can get now. Take him with us, but be wary. If all will end well he may be a POW instead of a corpse.
>>
>>29429404
Keep a close eye on him but allow him to guide us out I would rather focus on getting out of here then any looting though.
>>
>>29429435
Oh also we should ask if we were the only ones captured and if the others were where they are.
>>
>>29429452
>inb4 Perturbation slashed her way out using the bones of her enemies as weapons
>>
>>29429435
>>29429417
>>29429452

"And one more question - were we the only ones that you took from that tomb?"
"Yes. Dagger and her squad were forced to retreat when that Neverborn decided to feast on their souls."
"Oh, and what did that bitch do with Harbinger, when it atopped working?" - asked Gust - "Did she destroy it?"
"Merely sealed its powers for some time. Without a special spell, which I have no means to acquire now, it's completely useless. Sure, the spell will weaken and finally wear away as time passes, but it will take sevsral thousand years for it to reach its full power by itself."
"All right, lead the way. But if I see even the slightest hint of treason..."
"You spent less than a day in Shaa-Dom and you had already grown a healthy paranoia." - archon smirked - "If I hadn't learnt how to work with my enemies, I wouldn't be an archon. This is, if I recall, the ninth time somebody cut my antlers off."
"Less talking, more moving." - you replied and turned to Arcane, who had seemingly recover his composure by now - "Hey, can you walk now?"
"What? Ah, yes, yes, just give me a moment." - he replied, nodding frantically.

You walked through the garden for about dozen minutes, until you had found an inactive portal.
The stag walked to the control panel and after about half a minute the portal flickered to life.
"You can hold me by hoof if you're afraid I'm leading you into a trap or, on the contrary, trying to win myself time to escape." - he sheepishly suggested.
"Not that we have a choice." - you sighed - "Let's go."
You put your forehoof on deer's back and hastily followed him into the unknown.

When you emerged from the portal, you found yourself in a long, empty hall with numerous portals of different size near its walls.
There were some deer corpses lying on the floor.
"I am going to open the way to the Harbinger's vault, if you don't mind." - suggested archon.

Your actions?
>>
>>29429708
That seems like a good destination, close to where we want to end up but not close enough to the city to cause a panic if we are seen suddenly appearing and there might be ponys there already to help deal with this all.
>>
>>29429708
It's way better than stumbling into another deer city. Keep the stag very close to us. And I swear to God, if he tries anything funny...
>>
>>29429726
>>29429735

"Don't try to do anything funny." - you warned him, as archon trotted towards the control panel near one of the portals. He quietly chuckled and began to work, while you moved closer towards him, just in case.
"Now I think it's where we part ways." - he smiled when the portal activated.

"E-excuse me." - suddenly muttered one of the civilians, a young pegasus stallion, almost colt - "C-can we just get back to our village?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29429816
Shit. Can they?
>>
>>29429816
I'm afraid that is up to general Perturbation most likely if you behave yourselves you will be let go after the war is over.

You are coming with us to archon there are questions to be answered about what was going on in the Hayshores. We are not going to risk getting our own men taken when we reach that area.
>>
>>29429846
I agree we should bring the stag with us.
>>
>>29429846
>>29429927

"I'm afraid that is not up to me to decide. If you behave yourselves then we'll let you go when the war is over. Probably." - you said and turned towards the stag, not giving the pegasus time to reply - "You are coming with us too, archon. We don't want to get any unpleasant surprises when our troops reach Hayshores. There are many things you should answer for."

"Even without my cabal I am still an archon, equine." - smiled stag, his voice dripping with venom - "Holding me as a prisoner will surely provoke a ...violent reaction from lord Vector. And believe me, whatever pathetic military you can scramble, it will stand no chance against us."
"And before the war ends you're going to keep us as slaves, r-right?" - blurted pegasus, who had finally managed to scramble enough bravery to confront you.

Your actions?
>>
>>29429816
>What do you mean by that? We still have many unique answered question.
Be prepared to use telekinesis to pull him away. Just in case.
>>
>>29429816
Any civilians willing to use some of the dead deer weapons, in case we can't protect them?
>>
>>29430011
I am not entirely happy with the situation either but I am not taking the risk of anybody having information that may potentially aid the tyrant Celestia. So it is either work for a few months or stay here and die.

As for you archon you will have to bring that up with my superiors maybe your silver tongue can get you sent home.
>>
>>29430042
Silver tongue? Ha! More like a sharp wit.
>>
>>29430011
Be caring but firm make it clear that we sympathize with there situation but we cannot just allow them to run home and we are not budging on that.
>>
>>29430011
Now how would this Lord Vector ever learn that you were capture as a prisoner of war? It's more likely of anyone to assume that, 'that one old buck finally bit the dust?
>>
>>29430011
>"And before the war ends you're going to keep us as slaves, r-right?"
Probably not. Probably.
>>
>>29430011
Wait are the civilians deers and ponies?
>>
>>29430108
Pones
>>
>>29430108
I am pretty sure they are all ponys captured in Celestia controlled areas by deer for some reason.
>>
>>29430094
You know I am not actually sure what they even do in the labor camps.
>>
>>29430123
Probably to be sacrificed in some experiment by the deer.
>>
>>29430011
Slaves? Probably not? Prisoners of war? A small maybe? Most likely won't be as bad as your stay with the deer.
>>
>>29430011
We could always gag you, stuff you in a suit of armour, and no one would be the wiser that you would be captured. Most likely killed by a demon.
>>
>>29430126
I meant the place back in cloudsdale where the solar supporting civilians were sent which is where these guys will probably go.
>>
>>29430011
>There were some deer corpses lying on the floor.
What kinds of corpses? Civilian? Guards? Nobles?
>>
>>29430011
>"I am going to open the way to the Harbinger's vault, if you don't mind." - suggested archon.
I thought he was going to take up to the treasury. Unless the Harbinger's vault IS the name for the treasury.

Man Im gonna have to binge read later.
>>
>>29430165
We decided it was not worth going to the treasury we needed to get out as fast as possible.
>>29429435
Don't worry we are only realy poor because we had to pay a bunch of money twice. next pay day we should be able to get back ahead of things.
>>
>>29430150
The POW camp ain't all that bad so long as you're not vocal and a prick about it. You scream 'HEIL CELESTIA,' guards, will kill you or beat you within a half of your life. We could ask about the camp when we get out of here.
>>
>>29430183
Yeah I agree with that but I assume they do something there.

I do wonder why that triggered some people so badly did they really expect them to just let people run around the city proclaiming there love for the enemy.
>>
>>29430193
That said it is run by the nightbringers so it probably does have some problems.
>>
>>29430177
>"First - don't do anything stupid - not that you can now, but still! Second - we need to get to the treasury and then to the portals your lackeys used to bring us here."
>"Besides, it's not like knowing where the exits are is going to help us in the long run - we still need to wake up the old fart if we want to find that portal room."
I don't remember anyone mentioning NOT going to the treasury. Did I miss something? Can you quote it please?
>>
>>29430198
>Can you quote it please
>>29429435
>I would rather focus on getting out of here then any looting though.
>>
>>29430193
It could be something akin to during world wae two. I think the germans used their p.o.w. camps for cheap and in expensive labor. It'll depend on Nightmare moon and her take on the camp. Keep them imprisoned and don't do anything toooo imoral, or use them for cheap labor?
>>
>>29430201
That was some posts ago. I didn't see Warlock quote it recently so I assumed he didn't use it? Besides, there would be something useful in the treasury that could aid in our escape.
>>
>>29430201
NEVERMIND. He did quote it.
>>
>>29430165
>"And concerning the treasury - I was unable to get there, and even if I had somehow managed to get there, I bet I would have find it empty."
>>
>>29430177
Think we have some time to loot some of the weapons here if there are any? A spare dagger and sword for the civilians so we don't leave them completely defenseless? A spare sword answer sawblade for Rime? And maybe some spear heads and blades for Arcane. Bastards could make a spinning wall of ouch if he carried enough.
>>
>>29430268
I suppose we could but bear in mind we are right outside the chamber where we were when we got captured most likely all that is left to do is walk back to the city and make sure none of the civilians escape.
>>
>>29430277
If they try something we could lie and say we'll beat them withing an inch and force the to carry the most injured. If they flee we can snipe them with ice spear.
>>
>>29430277
Maybe I'm being too optomistic.
>>
>>29430296
I was just going to say we would kill them if they tried to escape and follow through on that threat.

chances are we will not be making the trip back alone anyway they probably have folks studying the portal at the other end
>>
>>29430277
>>29430014
>>29430268

Why do you want to arm civilians, whom you are going to keep as prisoners? Is it an elaborate suicide plan?

Also, an update coming soon.
>>
>>29430302
Eh I do agree that we should stock up on weapons although I don't think we should give the civilians weapons it would have made sense earlier but now that we have most likely escaped any danger it would just be a pointless risk.
>>
>>29430313
Good point. Just grab some extra stuff for Arcane, Gust, and Rime. Small blades and Spear heads for Rime, and something for Arcane(?)
>>
>>29430313
As the first anon you quoted I do not want to give the civilians weapons I mostly meant stock up on weapons for ourselves if there were any on the floor.
>>
File: 1051873.png (208KB, 1024x535px) Image search: [Google]
1051873.png
208KB, 1024x535px
>>29430313
This guy gets me. >>29430341

Are their anything of obvious value on the corpses we could snatching with TK? Scrolls? Magical jewelry? Mantles? Saddlebags? Backpacks?
>>
My inner shipper is telling me to ship Rime with the archon.
>>
>>29430313
Ask for the archon's name.
>>
>>29430042
>>29430087
>>29430089
>>29430133
>>29430140
>>29430153

You glanced at the deer corpses and were unable to identify anything of value. Judging by their clothes, or rather what was left of them, they were some kind of servants here. You sighed and replied to the concerned pegasus:
"I am not happy with the situation either, but I can't allow you telling about that encounter to the servants of Sol Tyrant. So you go with us for a few months or stay here and die. Besides, if you're assured in Celestia's victory then you have nothing to worry about."
While pegasus colt struggled with reply, you turned to the archon:
"And who will know that you were taken and not killed? Seriously, the idea of you being taken prisoner is just absurd when compared to your death by the pincers of demon."
"You know who, of all the deer here, has the best chances of survival? My bodyguards. And they are looking for me, and what is much more important, they know where to find me, since there is a bunch of spells and charms to help them keep track on me. And the best thing in this situation - such charms not only track my location, but leave a trail. So if you'll take me with you then my guards will find us. Maybe you think you can deal with them - but as far as I can see I'm the first stag you had fought, and believe me, my stag guards are much, much more proficient in the arcane arts than me."
"While I think that interrogating him will certainly be useful, it is just too risky." - suddenly said Arcane - "For starters, such charms certainly exist. Sure, they are extremely complex, but we're talking about deer. Then we have no idea of the strength of their army and the only thing we know is that their weapons are much more superior than ours, not to mention the current... political situation. If it comes to an open confrontation, we are certainly doomed."

Your actions?
>>
>>29430468
Alright then we will leave him here I am tempted to just kill him but I fear that may risk even more retribution so we shall have to let him live.

Send gust through the portal first to check everything is fine on the other side and if it is all clear herd the civilians through. Anybody tries to escape kill them.
>>
>>29430468
If he makes sure we will go where we are supposed to be, and he will prove it, he may go away freely.
>>
>>29430468
Send Gust theough first that way if there is anybody on the other side they are unlikely to think we are solar in disguise.
>>
>>29430468
Damn. There was nothing on the corpse. Need more stuff to pay off the debt.
>>
>>29430468
Can Arcane take a quick once over of the amulet and the mantle? Was the Aechon refering to his guards using the amulet to track him, hmmmmmmmmm?
>>
>>29430551
We get payed like 50 bits a fortnight only reason we are so broke is our mission to prosperity was so top secret the quartermaster could not know about it so we had to pay for our own gear and the gift we chose for Word costed more then the money we were given to buy a gift with.
>>
>>29430468
I hope Rime earns enough prestige to warrant her being a candidate for a Dreadnought, in the case she's ever injured beyond any healing magic.
>>
>>29430563
And how many days have passed? Surely Rime should have acclimated a sizable amount of bits by now.
>>
>>29430563
More cash is always better.
>>
>>29430579
I suppose.
>>
>>29430563
>>29430576

IIRC some characters mentioned that the royal treasury is under Celestia's control )
>>
>>29430599
That cake eating fat frugal fuck. Damn her!
>>
>>29430599
Wait so you mean they have run out of money to pay us.
that is gonna hurt moral.
>>
>>29430599
Nightmare moon better find another treasury, or take a dragons hoard.
>>
>>29430468
>my stag guards are much, much more proficient in the arcane arts than me
this scares me.
still I guess that means the archons job is less to do with his magical prowess then i thought.
>>
>>29430491
>>29430494
>>29430511
>>29430559

"Wait, were you referring to that amulet of yours? Or perhaps to the mantle?"
"What, you think I am stupid enough to use an amulet for tracking? Sure, check it." - archon smirked - "It's not like any of you can instantly recognize the spell, right?"
"I'll still try." - replied Arcane, levitating both mantle and amulet from Gust - "Though it would be extremely stupid for him to tell us about such charms."
"Sure, it's not like we're in a hurry." - smiled the stag.

After about a minute Arcane defeatedly sighed:
"I canb only say that neither of these items had charms like the ones he was talking about. And identifying spells casted on a living creature instead of enchantments is much more harder, and I don't even say about removing them."
"Fine, you have a deal." - you begrudgingly agreed - "Gust, check if it's really the Harbinger's vault or whatever it's called."
Ascended pegasus silently saluted and darted through the portal.
"Please, you offend me." - said archon, placing his forehoof to his chest- "To think I might use such stupid traps..."
"Everything is clear." - Gust replied, returning from the portal and turning to civilians - "So you either stay with this fine stag or return to Equestria. It's entirely up for you to decide."
"I could use some slaves." - archon grinned.
Civilians began slowly moving through the portal. When the last of them had dissappeared from the room, you asked the archon one last question:
"Oh, and what's your name? I am Frosty Rime by the way."
"Eternal Realm." - he grinned again - "Hope your death will be long and painful."
"Yeah, yours too." - you replied and walked through the portal.

Surprisingly, there were no bodies in the room, though there were obvious signs of battle - dents and burns on the walls and pillars.
The portal behind you went offline after a couple of moments.

Your actions?
>>
>>29430701
Why the fuck did we tell him our name? GTFO asap. It's all pony for himself now.
>>
>>29430729
why does that matter?
>>
>>29430701
Tell the civilians if they try to run away they will be killed and start heading for Cloudsdale. If any try to run follow through on that threat.
>>
>>29431381
Can't we just kinda let them go? Why save them if now we're going to kill them in the first place?
>>
>>29431392
Because we do not know what sort of Information they might have on the deer that would benefit Celestia and we cannot really allow them to roam night guard controlled areas to much risk of sabotage.

as for why rescue them a combination of our kind heart and cannon fodder.
>>
>>29430729
I'm sure it will be fine warlock would not have had us mention our name if it would come back to bite us.
>>29431381
Seconding this whisper to warlock that if one tries it over exaggerate the kill a little to deter more escape.
>>
>>29431998
*whisper to Arcane
>>
>>29430701
>>29431381
>>29431998
Instead of actually going through with killing them, why not injury them? Like shooting their legs when they try to flee?
>>
>>29432297
Few reasons
1. It will just encourage more ponys to take the risk if they know we will not kill them.
2. If our word is no good what good are we.
3. We lack the skill to take out a target fleeing through the air like that and Gust has wounded wings we will have to rely on Arcane forcing any fleeing pegasus down to the ground at which point injuring them when we have already stopped them will make us look even more brutal then just killing them.
4. The injured ponys would become a burden on the march.

It is important to bear in mind we are still helping them here time in Cloudsdale will be preferable to dieing in the arena
>>
>>29432436
So where are we and we're are we heading?
>>
>>29432448
we are in the chamber where we first found the harbinger and got captured It is if I recall correctly about a half days walk back to our destination in cloudsdale so that 4th point is not that big a deal.
>>
>>29432494
Oh cool. More people to question.
>>
>>29430701
I'm sure that if these civilians cooperate and let us take them in for a bit of questioning, things will go alot smoothly for everyone.
>>
>>29432494
Do we have any clue, a guesstimate for how long these civilians have been in the captivity with the elder?
>>
>>29430701
Man I wished I had pushed to carrying a single set of the elder armor. We could have had a metallurgist or blacksmith study it. At least we have the sawblades and archons stuff.
>>
>>29432527
we also have that bitching staff.
>>
>>29432593
What staff? Tell me about it.
>>
>>29432741
see
>>29379242
>>29379504
It ran out of charge though we need to work out how to charge it back up
>>
>>29432793
How come we didn't use it to fight those doe guards and archon?
>>
>>29432844
because it ran out of charge during the fight against the demons
>>
Do we really need to tote these civilians back to Clouds dale? What would happen if we let them go?

If that's bad, could we convince them to reject Celestia?
>>
>>29433709
>What would happen if we let them go?
worst case scenario Celestia finds out about the portal right outside one of our most important citys and uses it to march an army right to our gates.
>>
>>29433849
Good point.
>>
>>29433849
>inb4 Celestia building her own Webway gate in the castle of two sisters
>>
>>29432856
Can we recharge that?
>>
>>29434188
Arcane said he will have to look it over to work out how.
>>
>>29430701
Be wary. Proceed forward.
>>
>>29430701
Did you try drawing Lieutenant Battering Ram before and after her injury, minus the armor? Or was it too much of a moronic request?
>>
>>29434237
Sawblades, poisonous sword, magical stave (no more charges), archons mantle, archons amulet. Hopefully some nerds could glean something useful out of these. If they can't I hope we get to keep these. Was that everything relavent we'vr found in the elder territory?
>>
>>29431381
>>29431998
>>29432436

"If any of you tries to run - we will not hesitate to kill you." - you addressed civilians - "And if you think that we are unjust to you then remember that we saved you from the gruesome death on arena. I hope everything is clear?"
After grunts of acknowledgement you moved out to the surface. You noted that the guardian statues still stood immobile in the hallway leading to the chamber.

You walked through the winding maze for at least half an hour.
As you took a turn and entered one of the tomb's corridors you were greeted by a dozen of ponies who were seemingly moving deeper inside the tomb. Five of them were doubtlessly Lunar Magi, while other five were wearing a really thick and bulky sets of armor, their coloring indicating affiliation
to the Steel Regiment.
"Freeze!" - demanded one of the heavily armored ponies, his or her voice too distorted by the armor to be identified - "Wait. You... How did you manage to escape? And who are these ponies?" - the guard jerked his head, pointing at the terrified civilians.

Your actions?
>>
>>29435216
We summoned starbeasts to aid in our escape but something about the place caused huge amounts of them to arrive and lay waste to the enemy city.

As for these ponys they are solar civilians we rescued from the arena we were taken to fight in we were taking them to be imprisoned in Cloudsdale.

Ask if there were any casualties of the ambush and say you have an important warning about general Phoenix it turns out he was possessed even before he came down here.
>>
>>29435216
Ask about the whereabouts of Word and Phoenix.
>>
>>29435243
>>29435286

"They took us in one of their cities and tried to use us as gladiators. Arcane tried to summon some demons to aid in our escape, but something went wrong and he summoned, well, too many of them."
"I have every reason to believe that the place we were taken too is located in the star realm. Whatever they used to shield themselves from star entities supposedly barely held them." - explained Arcane - "So it was easily broken with a little to no effort from me."
"They have built an entire city there?" - asked one of the Lunar Magi, whom you recognized as captain Phase Blade.
"As far as we understood they were forced to move it there, ma'am." - Arcane added.
"Fascinating." - she exhaled.
"What are the chances that some of the demons might break to our world then?" - asked the heavily armored guardspony.
"Close to zero, at least for now. The portal had been closed from the other side." - you replied.
"Then we need to hurry and destroy it." - guard concluded.
"What?!" - exclaimed Blade - "Hoofsou, are you insane? We can't destroy the only gate to such ancient civilization!"
"It is precisely what we are going to do." - supposed captain of the Steel Regiment was adamant - "We can't risk having deer or demons or both in our rear."
1/2
>>
>>29435383
2/2
"But think about the possibilities! What can we learn from them!"
"With all due respect, captain, the first thing we learnt was that they treat ponies like animals. I doubt any diplomatic relations would be possible." - said Arcane - "Besides, there are other portals. We know about one of them located near a Hayshores - a small village under control of the Solar Guard and located in the southern marshes, which is the place where these ponies lived." - he gestured to the civilians - "And I suspect there are much more throughout Equestria".
"Fine." - Phase Blade defeatedly sighed - "Just tell me you took some of their weapons for research."
"You can saty your looting need later, captain Blade." - noted Hoofsou and looked at you - "Glad that you're alive and well. I had fought demons before, and what you had described sounds like an impressive feat."
"Thanks, ma'am. Can you tell us if there were any casualties and what happened with Last Word and Lord Phoenix after the encounter?"
"No casualties, if you don't count the Hollow. Deer took her too." - captain replied - "I thought you would meet up with her there. And why are you so concerned about Lord Phoenix?"
"Well, since he activated the Harbinger and basically turned against us I have plenty of reasons to worry about him."
"Excuse me? None of us had even managed to touch the Harbinger." - Hoofsou said, noticeably tensing up - "Deer came mere seconds after that son-of-a-mule touched the control panel and seized control over the amulet."

Your actions?
>>
>>29435388
Hold the fuck up. We've clearly seen him turning against us before the portal opened. And also they took Last Word with them?

... I wish I haven't hear the news.
>>
>>29435388
Wait what you are making no sense he grew a fucking horn how could you miss that.
I am a little concerned about this situation motion to Gust to bring the civilians back a bit in case things come to blows.
>>
>>29435388
God dammit Eternal Realm should have mentioned Word getting taken to us. Guess she is just as valuable to them as she is to us (not as emotionally valuable of course though)
>>
>>29435401
Also once this confusion is sorted out we should mention that the decision of if we should collapse the portal should fall to lady Nightmare herself
>>
(Not a suggestion/input just speculation)

I wonder if maybe Phoenix (or the demon possessing him) messed with everybody's memories after his plans with the harbinger failed. Or maybe it is just warp fuckery of some sort.

We should not push the Phoenix issue to hard with these guys though when we see Perturbation we can bring up the fact Phoenix came without his sword which will hopefully get through to her.
>>
>>29435388
We did take some weapons, and these neat items from an archon.
>>
>>29435388
you were greeted by a dozen of ponies who were seemingly moving deeper inside the tomb. Five of them were doubtlessly Lunar Magi, while other five were wearing a really thick and bulky sets of armor, their coloring indicating affiliation

Who are the last two?
>>
>>29435984
I thought the word 'dozen' could be used both for 10 and 12
>>
>>29435388
>"Fine." - Phase Blade defeatedly sighed - "Just tell me you took some of their weapons for research."
Done and done. I wanted to take some of their armour as well, but well....
>>
>>29435388
This >>29435447
And fucking dammit no one told me about Last Word. Did you fuckers forget her!? God fucking dammit!
>>
>>29435993
Never heard that before.
>>
>>29436007
So is there a special word for ten, like twelve and dozen?
>>
>>29436017
http://secondworldwar.co.uk/index.php/army-sizes-a-ranks/86-army-units-a-sizes
>>
>>29436017
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_(military)
>>
>>29436031
>>29436045
I am not asking about names of military units, I am asking about the substitute word for 'ten' and if it even exists.

For example if you see twelve apples, you can say that you see twelve apples or a dozen of apples.
Can you say something like that about ten apples?
>>
>>29435394
>>29435401
>>29435447
>>29435465
>>29435970
>>29435998

"Wait, wait, I've clearly seen him activating the Harbinger and turning into an alicorn!" - you protested. Your companions eagerly nodded, shwoing their support.
"Excuse me, but it is complete bullshit." - frowned earth pony mare - "Turning into an alicorn?"
"A fitting effect for something called 'Harbinger of destruction'." - noted Blade.
"You're just protecting your protege, don't you?" - Hoofsou abruptly turned her head to the leader of the Lunar Magi.
"Out of you two Arcane has much better chances to have his memories uncorrupted. And I see no other explanation to this situation."
"Look, I'm not saying that Lord Phoenix is possessed by a demon, but it is a possibility." - you said - "We interrogated some deer and they told us that they retreated because there was a demon in our group."
"That's an absurd idea!" - Hoofsou protested.
"Yet it can explain the discrepancy between your descriptions of the battle." - noted Blade - "I suggest we pay a visit to the Nightbringers. If somebody or something had messed with someone's memory, then they will find and fix it."
"Fine." - captain of the Steel Regiment express her consent with a curt nod - "Then we're going to break the damn portal. No objections."
"Wouldn't it be better to left such decision to Lady Nightmare?" - you asked.
"As Arcane said, there are more portals. And the last thing we need in this war is a presense of some third power. Besides, if they have been abducting our citizens I'm afraid we will not be able to maintain friendly relations." - replied Blade - "Now, let's head to the carriages."
"Shouldn't we wait for them?" - you glanced at the earth ponies moving deeper into the tomb.
1/2
>>
>>29436067
A decad? It's a group or set of ten.
>>
>>29436079
2/2

"Their suits of armor have teleportation devices installed inside." - Phase Blade smiled - "They will be the ones who have to wait."
"That should require enourmous amounts of energy..." - muttered Arcane.
"If what you say is true, then the expenses are completely justified." - captain concluded - "Now, let's hurry."
"Sure." - you nodded - "Also, we got some fine exemplars of deer weaponry. I also wanted to take some of their armour, but carrying it prooved to be pretty inconvenient."
"Really? Can I take a look?" - you could see the white in her eyes behind the helmet.
"Of course, ma'am. But be careful, it's likely poisoned, or enchanted, or even both." - you agreed and levitated your sword toards her.
She grabbed it into her own telekinetic aura and expected it for a half a minute and then returned it with a smile:
"A good weapon. Mass-produced, yet good. If your suspicions are confirmed then you'll need it, but later we will take the trophies for research."
Your group left the tomb and walked to the carriages in silence. As Phase Blade predicted, Hoofsou and her team were waiting for you near two sky chariots.

Perhaps, there is somebody you want to talk to on the way back to Cloudsdale?
>>
>>29436081
I thought 'decade' was used only when you mean ten years.
>>
>>29436087
What about the civilians again?
>>
>>29436090
Deka is Greek for 10, decad is Latin for 10. I'm just Google searching this.
>>
>>29436091
Went with you and Magi. Probably should have mentioned it, yeah.
>>
>>29436123
So I guess despite the solar system knowing of the gates as well, it's still a bad idea to leave these civilians back in solar territory.
>>
>>29436087
Gust. Now that we're out of that he'll hole, can we have some one look at her wing? And would Arcane like to talk a bit more when we all have some privacy?
>>
>>29436087
When Phase Blade says trophies, is she refering to the poison blade, the two sawblades, the stave, the amulet/gem, and the mantle?
>>
>>29436123
Well what will happen to them now?
>>
>>29436087
>Perhaps, there is somebody you want to talk to on the way back to Cloudsdale?
I wonder how well the civilians are taking this. To them it's, 'from cruel slavers to the next?' or, 'at least it won't be as bad as those elder. Right?'
May I feel bad for them. Aren't there also children amongst them?
>>
>>29436087
Tell the civilians you are sorry about those you could not save and then talk to phase blade about the staff you found.
>>
>>29436137
They probably do not know about the gates the squad they sent to investigate was captured
>>
>>29436087
We should talk to Phase Blade about Arcanes feelings of not being strong enough
>>
I hope we get a little compensation for the elder weapons.
>>
>>29436307
Our man needs some serious hugging sessions.
>>
>>29436307
Wait only do this if Arcane is in a separate carriage to us.
>>
>>29436307
Why? That doesn't seem like something you share with others. Let Arcane express he feeling on inadequacy at his own leisure, or we can talk to him and persuade him to talk with Blade himself.
>>
>>29436144
>>29436236
>>29436275

"All right, listen up!" - you turned to the civilians. Thankfully - or may be not - all of the remaining ponies looked at least adolescent - "I know that you may feel horrible right now, but believe me, we are not some ax-crazy cultists. Nobody is going to kill or harm you if you behave, And for all it's worth - sorry for not being able to save all of you."
"Why should you feel sorry for not saving the ones who willingly sided with the Sol Tyrant?" - grunted captain Hoofsou - "Cut your farewells and get into the carriage."
Civilians went to the same carraige as guards of Steel Regiment, while your group and Lunar Magi got into the second one.

"So, Gust, how is your wing?" - you asked the ascended pegasus.
"Pain had almost gone." - she grinned - "Those healing potions do wonders."
"I'm glad to hear." - you said and turned to the captain of Lunar Magi.
"Captain Blade, ma'am?"
"Yes, private?"
"I suspect that full research of all trophies will take a considerable amount of time, but maybe you could tell at least what are the enchantments on the other staff we found?"
"Why not?" - she smiled - "So, what do you have besides that sword?"
"A bigger sword, ma'am!" - Gust eagerly replied.
"Let'me take a look." - she pulled the saw-blade to herself with telekinesis.
"Some relatively simple enchantments to make it more sharp. Anything else?"
"A mantle and an amulet, ma'am. And Arcane got himself a magic staff."
"Well, the mantle is just a mantle and an amulet..." - she scratched her chin - "I believe it works like portable shield spell, or perhaps spell deflector. Can't say for sure now. Now to the staff. Arcane, if you please?"
1/2
>>
>>29436557
2/2

Armored unicorn silently levitated the staff to his superior. He was sitting near the exit, trying to occupy as little space as possible. You got the impression that he was pretty uncomfortable among his peers.
"It's not your average magic staff, that's for sure. We have worked on something like that, though we used much more complex design. 'Custodian' project, if I recall." - Phase Blade concluded after a brief inspection - "It didn't went further than prototypes though. When Discord was defeated we diverted our attention on more peaceful research." - she explained, returning the stave to Arcane.

Your actions?
>>
>>29436571
Can you tell me anything about this, 'Custodian' project, or is that classified information?
>>
>>29436571
So there's nothing special about the mantle? Does that mean we can keep it?

Hold on. Nothing special as far as Blades can tell.
>>
>>29436557
Not too too sure. These are civilians and I'm hoping they sided with the Solar Tyrant due to ignorance and propoganda. Whatever. Stupid idea.
>>
>>29436664
You poor poor optomistic anon. When will you learn.
>>
>>29436571
Ask her exactly what happened to Word.
>>
>>29436702
>"Thanks, ma'am. Can you tell us if there were any casualties and what happened with Last Word and Lord Phoenix after the encounter?"
>"No casualties, if you don't count the Hollow. Deer took her too." - captain replied
You mean ask how the deer captured her?
>>
>>29436571
So we have the deer as eldar. What other races are you gonna use? The multicolored changedlings or typical black changeling for the Taurus? Or would they be the genestealers?
>>
>>29436646
"Can you tell me about this 'Custodian' project, if it is not classified?"
"Well, technically it is, but I don't think anyone would care since Solars are actively using the prototypes now." - she smirked - "'Cutsodian' was an attempt to create a suit of armor that would make its wearer effectively an alicorn. You are not an earth pony? The armor's charms will give you an immense strength. You are not a pegasus? The armor has a set of magical wings that allow you to saor through the air with an enviable speed. You are not a unicorn? A special device is installed in the helmet to serve as an artificial arcane focus, allowing you to channel your inner magic to cast some basic spells. Such armor also came with an appropriate weapon - a combination of a halberd and magical stave. Despite the oddity of the weapon, it showed pretty good results in the field tests."
"And how many such armor suits exist?"
"A hundred prototypes were made, though they got to the guard literally a week before the defeat of Discord. You can guess that to use such armor to its full extent, one requires an extensive training and, well, the project was closed since almost no chaos spawns worthy of such great attention were left inside Equestrian borders when first volunteers were deemed prepared enough to use it. And when the war started, the Castle of Two Sisters was suddenly filled with guards in armor suspiciously reminiscent of the 'Custodian' pattern."
"So when the war began they cracked the stash with prototypes open?"
"I'm afraid that they took them in secret the next day after they were storaged and were training for these six months. The only good thing in this situation is that they have no idea how to produce such armor, or even repair it. Also it's worth noting that these 'Royal Guards' - that's how they call themselves - barely leave the castle."
1/2
>>
>>29437108
2/2

"The tyrant is afraid for her life, so she naturally uses the best of best to protect her hide." - grinned Gust.
"It's not so easy. First, Celestia is not an idiot. While compared to lady Nightmare her military experience is lacking, she certainly knows the value of such units on the battlefield. And lady Nightmare herself is not the type to send assassins - at least in this very situation. She will seek a duel, a symbolic combat to estabilish her superiority."
"Yet we haven't heard about Celestia leading her troops to victory. Instead she hides in the castle like a hunted beast. What is she if not a coward?" - ascended pegasus snorted.
"Nobody knows the answer, but I'm afraid that we will not like it." - Blade sighed - "I think that she might be preparing some extremely powerful spell or summoning some extremely powerful creature from another plane of existance."
"I thought both Celestial Siblings are fighting for the dominance in the sky?" - you asked.
"They both are too clever for that. Sure, they fought for a while, but then they understood that it would only waste their own powers, which could be applied elsewhere to get some significant advantage otherwise."

Anything else you want to talk about?
>>
>>29437092
We got some history on the griffons and diamond dogs but from what I could tell neither were 40k refrences.
>>
>>29437116
With these being prototypes, would these suits of armor have any weaknesses that could be taken advantage of in the scenario where we would lay siege to the castle of the two sisters?
>>
>>29437116
The 'Custodian' project sounds really useful. If only we had Custodians of our own, that would make this was a whole lot easier.
>>
>>29437092
>>29437092
Taurus? What're you talking about? Also:
>calling genestealers a race
Honestly, I don't think I'm going to use any other races - there were literally only orks, eldar and humans in 30k to begin with and including something even barely resembling orks would be over the edge.

Also, I think it's time to ask for criticizms again. Writing style, combat/scenery descriptions, characters and their personalities, hell, even art - I'm all ears.
>>
>>29437116
What has Lady nightmare been up to anyway.
If they do duel will it be to the death or will Lady Nightmare try to capture Celestia I would love to watch her execution.

Speaking of the sun after the war is over what is going to be done about growing food we need the sun to grow crops.
>>
>>29437116
On the plus side, we'll never have to deal with those on the field. Down side? We'll eventually have to storm the castle to deal with them. We're there any weaknesses to the armor? Overload the enchantments to the armor? Not very agile? Cumbersome?
>>
>>29437152
Sorry. I ment Tau.
>>
>>29437152
>combat/scenery descriptions
I think it would be useful to be given a better idea of distances, how far enemys are from each other and things like that.

It is also worth noting that during the bit where Arcane snapped at Rime while planing the escape anon auctualy meant to ask how the demons would act not the deer (it was admitidly a little hard to understand).
It is impressive that as a non english speaker that and what path we took when escaping the caves at the start have been the only misunderstood prompts though.

I also have a positive criticism Arcane is one of the best broken characters I have seen in a while.
>>
>>29437152
I don't have anything to offer for art, other then keep practicing.
>>
>>29437137
>>29437148
>>29437161
>>29437183

"By the way, where is currently Lady Nightmare?"
"She is leading Children of Nightmare in the hunt for the remaining Solars in the north. Despite them using Hollows, we dealt these bastards a heavy blow." - Blade grinned - "Don't worry, she'll join us at Canterlot."
"Do you think that princesses will duel until death? Or maybe Lady Nightmare will wish to conduct a public execution?"
"What's the point in public execution when she can just lower the sun? It is as good symbol as Celestia herself, or even better. Plus public executions have a tendency to go not according to plan."
"I see. And speaking of that 'Custodian' armor - since it's a prototype it probably has some weaknesses, right?"
"It's a prototype because of all the experimental enchantments." - she shook her head with a sad smile - "And even without them it's one of the finest types of armor ever produced. Sure, it is relatively heavy, but don't forget about enchantments.They are far from perfect, but again, that doesn't mean that they are weak or useless. A unicorn under such charms will rival above-the-average earth pony in strength or pegasus in agility."
"So, is there any way to disrupt the charms?"
"Aside from destroying the armor or using some special high-level spells - no."
"Things would be much more easy if we had some of these suits for ourselves." - you sighed.
"We still have some aces up our sleeves. Remember, nobody is invincible." - she reassured you.

Your actions?
>>
>>29437618
So just overwhelm the 'Custodian' armor. Oh jeez. A 100 of them to boot.
>>
>>29437618
I take it our side doesn't have the time or resources to produce suits of armor like those? No? Well ain't that just dandy.
>>
>>29437618
>Remember, nobody is invincible.
Well of course, but it doesn't mean it'll be easy over coming that hurdle.

Can we wait it out to Cloudsdale or talk to our squad mates?
>>
>>29437709
Yes and yes.
>>
>>29437729
Ok then. Ask Arcane if he would like to talk later.
>>
>>29437618
Ask if she has any idea where Celestia got all those hollows from. Maybe if we capture one the deer would be willing to trade it for Word.
>>
>>29437618
So what will happen to use when we return? Clinic then immediate redeployment?
>>
>>29437729
So I get Rime and Gust are dating and that Arcane fucked Rime in a threesome. Was this a one time deal of can we expect from from Arcane in the future?
>>
>>29437729
Wait until we reach the city.
>>
>>29437618
Let's see. The suits of armor were made some time before Discord rein. That means the 'Custodian' are a bit older then half a year? Are there any issues with the charms and enchantments degrading since the day the were created? The solars can't produce and repair, and I guess maintenance on enchantments fall under the category of repair work right? Gosh I hope I'm right.
>>
>>29437618
There a plan in the future to storm the castle of the two sisters right? How is anyone supposed to deal with them? Is Blade gonna be a cunt and say something along the lines of, "all will be revealed when the time is right," kind of bullshit? Freakin, Tzeentch worshiping cunt.
>>
What is our favorite three guard ponies wearing? Does Arcane still have his soul bound armor?
>>
>>29437698
>>29437744
>>29437854
>>29439637

"So I take that neither we or Solars are able to produce them now?"
"We lost many skilled enchanters in Prosperity." - she sighed - "Besides there's simply not enough time to create something so complex."
"Understood. Maybe the charms on the armor will become weaker over time?"
"They will, but enchantment degeneration is a matter of years, even decades. Sure, if you'll manage to break the artificial focus they'll have no means to make a new one, but again, we will not probably encounter them more than once.
"I hope Lady Nightmare has a plan to deal with them. Looks like they are really dangerous adversaries."
"Lady Perturbation swears that she will turn the castle in the pile of rubble and bury every last Solar Guard beneath it. Don't worry about it."

"So what will happen after we will check both Hoofsou's memory?"
"If you are right then we will have to confront Lord Phoenix immediately. We can't allow the demon to push its agenda, whatever it is. And if you are wrong..." - she sighed again - "Then we would need to figure out what happened with you before we do anything else."
"Thanks ma'am." - you nodded and turned to Arcane - "Hey, Arcane, I just wanted to ask if you don't mind us having a talk after we deal with all this shit?"
"Eh, well, sure?" - he cautiously agreed.
"Neat." - you beamed him a smile.

Anything else you want to talk about?
>>
>>29440995
Ask if they have worked out how Celestia ended up with so many hollows.
>>
>>29440995
I cannot think of any further questions.
>>
>>29441000
>>29441123

"And do you have any ideas how the Solars got so many Hollows in their ranks?"
"Even if I had, it would be a classified information, don't you think, private?" - she smiled, though there were no danger in her voice.
"Uh, yes, ma'am, understood." - you muttered - "No more questions then."

The rest of the flight was uneventful and after about an hour both carriages landed near the familiar church that served as Nightbringers' base.
Guardsponies and civilians alike left the carraiges and entered the massive building.
There were a couple of ponies inside - bishop Long Night stood near the pulpit and was talking with some unicorns.
"Greetings, honourable guardians." - you heard bishop's quiet yet powerful voice - "What brings you here?"
"We need to speak to lieutenant Dawn. That's an urgent matter." - replied Hoofsou.
"He's still in the church, I can lead you to him."
"There's no need to, Reverend." - suddenly replied Arcane - "I remember the way."
"May Moon light your path then." - bishop smiled and returned to the conversation with his flock.
As your groop moved to the church's inner doors, one of the Lunar Magi trottedto the bishop, or rather to the unicorns he was talking to.
"Aether." - called for him Phase Blade.
"Uh, sorry, ma'am, already coming." - Lunar Mage apologetically replied - "I just wanted to greet my sister and..."
"I just wanted to say that we will not need you there." - she sighed - "Reverend, could you please show him the way when he finishes?"
"Of course." - Long Night nodded.
"T-thanks, ma'am!" - eagerly saluted and turned back to his sister, while your group continued their way.

1/2
>>
>>29441316
2/2

After a couple of minutes you could hear pony voices coming from one of the rooms. Five Nightbringers were there, talking about their own religious stuff, but your group entering the room quickly drew their attentionAs soon as they noticed insignias of Hoofsou and Phase Blade they quickly stood at attention.
"How may I serve?" - Argent Dawn saluted to the captains. - "How may I serve?"
"At ease, lieutenant. We need a pony with an expertise in mind-altering spells." - explained Phase Blade.
"What is required of me?" - asked a Nightbringer wearing a skull mask, whom you recognized as Pure Belief.
"I... There's a possibility that my memories were altered. I hope you'll justify my trust, chaplain." - said Hoofsou, clearly unsettled by perspective of opening her mind to Nightbringer.
"I assure you that I will not try to get any military secrets out of your head, captain." - Pure Belief grinned - "When you take your helmet off I'll commence the check, if you're ready, of course."
"Do it." - exhaled Hoofsou, removing her helmet.
"I will need to put you to sleep first. Don't resist." - warned her Pure Belief and an aura of starlight appeared around chaplain's head. Hoofsou's body relaxed, though she still managed to stand firmly on her legs, probably held by her armor. A few seconds later captain was sleeping like a foal, snoring loudly. Then Belief's aura enveloped captain's head and chaplain immersed in the trance too.
time passed slowly and with every passing minute ponies in the room very tensing up more and more. After about five minutes Lunar Mage named Aether silently joined you.

Almost half an hour had passed when Hoofsou suddenly roared, jerking her head to drive away the drowsiness:
"That bastard! He... he..."
Then she abruptly turned towards you, breathing heavily:
"You have my apologies, private. General Phoenix... is not a pony anymore."

Your actions?
>>
>>29441334
What have you seen? Are our testimonies the same now, or you have discovered something even more horrid, ma'am?
>>
>>29441334
Ask him if any other aspects of his memory had been altered, was Last Word truely taken by deer or by Phoenix and what of general Perturbation.
>>
>>29441370
*ask her
I really need to pay more attention to gender.
>>
>>29441334
Ask what the plan of attack is.
>>
>>29441334
They couldn't have been that gentle with Rime? Wow. I'm miffed.
>>
>>29441334
Then what should we do now?
>>
>>29441334
>is she possessed by some star spawn?

I hope there's a was to exercise demon from people. Arcane! We need his smarts.
>>
>>29441344
>>29441370
>>29441414
>>29441469

"What exactly have you seen?"
"Wait, wait." - suddenly said Gust - "Sorry to interrupt you, but maybe we'll detain the celestians first?"
"Celestians?" - blinked Dawn in confusion.
"These guys." - Gust pointed at the civilians, who had fearfully crowded in the corner of the room - "Long story short, they are Sol Tyrant's worshippers and need to be detained."
"Oh, darn." - Blade quietly cursed - "Forgot about them. Dawn, if you please?"
"Penitence, Testament, find somebody to escort them to the labor camp." - Dawn commanded and two Nightbringers silently saluted. Then they proceeded to lead civilians away.

"As absurd as it may sound, when he activated the Harbinger he turned into ...something looking like an alicorn." - Hoofsou said after civilians were removed from the room - "After you were knocked unconscious, we managed to slay some of the deer, but they sent reinforcements. When they began cornering us, Phoenix, he... I don't know how can I describe it..."
"He devoured their souls." - explained Pure Belief.
"Yes, that's pretty fitting. Some of the deer managed to retreat though. When they escaped and portal went offline we confronted the Phoenix about the Harbinger and his 'abilities'. Then he knocked us all out and brain-washed us all, including even his own captains."
"The spell was pretty strong, yet with it was casted in a great hurry. I suspect the impostor panicked, though I can't imagine why did he left them all alive." - added belief.
"That's strange." - you agreed - "And it was the only memory that was altered?"
"I'm certain." - chaplain replied.
"That's already good news." - you said and turned back to Hoofsou - "And did you see what happened with Last Word?"
"Unfortunately, no. I barely managed to register that you have been captured."
1/3
>>
>>29441586
2/3

"This is most disturbing." - concluded Dawn - "I believe we should act post haste."
"Phoenix and his retinue returned to the Upper City after the encounter." - said Hoofsou, having calmed down a bit - "I believe he is still there, trying to make Harbinger work. There are three locations where he might probably be: Scions' base, 'Pride of the Princess' - their airship and the local governor's palace."
"Why would he be anywhere but in his base?" - Blade asked.
"As far as I noticed, his captains had been concerned by behavior of their general even before the encounter, so the demon might try to avoid his supposed subordinates." - Hoofsou explained.
"Makes sense. I suggest each of us three immediately moves to investigate one of these sites. I believe we should be able to subdue the demon." - offered Blade.
"We'll take the airship then. Corridors there are narrow - perfect match to our style. Also, we need to visit the castle first. We have some teleportation devices there, so each team should get some and if any of us finds the impostor others will be able to join them immediately." - suggested earth pony captain.
"Sounds good." - Blade nodded - "Though you'd better to take something more lightweight. I don't think the Scions would like us running through their territory and if they alert Phoenix things could go awry."
"And that's exactly why we are going to the airship in the first place. There barely are any Scions and I bet that local personnel will not care about our presense since we are from the Night Guard."

2/3
>>
>>29441605
3/3

"All right. Dawn, what site would you choose?" - Blade asked.
"As you command, captain." - Nightbringer replied - "I am but a mere lieutenant."
"Drop it, Dawn." - said Hoofsou - "We all have heard about your exploits. You're a captain in all but name, and so we ask your opinion as an equal."
"Then I'd rather take military base." - Nightbringer replied - "Also, these three guards." - he glanced at you, Gust and Arcane - "I suppose we can reinforce all our groups with them. When Penitence and Testament will return there will be six ponies in each group. "
"Six ponies?" - thoughtfully muttered Blade - "Well, that's a tolerable number."
"How are we going to divide them?" - asked Hoofsou.
"I think we'd better ask them." - Argent Dawn smiled and turned towards you - "So, which of our three teams you think you would be most useful to?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29441624
I think Arcane should go with the the other mages, Gust should go with the nightbringers and we will pair up with hoofsou's squad
>>
>>29441624
Wait, they want to divide Arcane, Rime, and Gust between Blade (lunar mage), Hoofsou (steel regiment), Dawn (earth pony chaplain?)? I'd say Rime's group would operate more efficiently if they were all together, but these are orders. Guess we can't just, get more people. My suggestion?
Arcane with Hoofsou, Gust with Blade, and Rime with Dawn.
>>
>>29441644
>>29441647
Might I ask why you suggest those pairings?
>>
>>29441624
Any chance we can get the staff recharged before leaving?
>>
>>29441647
Don't worry bout the split up. That's what the teleportation devices are for.
>>
>>29441650
I think Rime should go with hoofsou for the same reason hoofsou chose the airship we will benifit most from the tight coridors.
>>
>>29441647 (me)
>>29441650
Gust could lend air support for Blade, Arcane with Hoofsou because they don't have any unicorns and he's experienced with star magic, Rime with Dawn because I don't 'think' these night children guys have any unicorns for fire support?
>>
>>29441624
Tell Arcane and Gust our suggestion, then ask if they have one of their own. Or we ask for their suggestions THEN we offer ours.
>>
>>29441691
Agreed we should ask for there input.
>>
>triggered
We need an earth pony in our squad for racial diversity. Preferable someone hot. Better if that's literal.
>>
>>29441710
Like a lieutenant Ram Jr.
>>
>>29441681
>>29441691
>>29441707

"Each team needs somebody experienced in star magic, so Arcane should probably go with captain Hoofsou. And while Dawn's and Blade's teams have unicorns, I think Nightbringers need magical support more, so I would rather go with them and send Gust to aid the Magi. What do you guys think?" - you turned to your companions.
"I'm fine with any team." - shrugged Gust - "Arcane?"
"Rime's right." - unicorn nodded - "Captain Hoofsou needs magical support and somepony with at least basic knowledge of demons."
"Then it's settled." - Phase Blade concluded - "Now we go to the castle, take these teleportation devices, and you three probably need to get more suitable gear." - said Blade, trotting to the exit.
"We'll linger here for a couple of minutes while my guards are dealing with the celestians you captured."
"Acknowledged, lieutenant." - nodded Hoofsou who was moving out of the room too.
After a couple of minutes two Nightbringers returned, reporting that they instructed local guards to escort civilians to the labor camp.

"Now, I think it's time to acquiant you with your new squadmates." - Dawn smiled, when you left the church - "Since you already know me and Pure Belief that leaves only three ponies to introduce. Here's Divine Testament-"
"A pleasure to meet you." - smiled young unicorn stallion.
"-Harsh Penitence-"
"May Moon light your way." - bald earth pony stallion greeted you.
"- and finally Star Shroud."
Female unicorn curtly nodded, acknowledging your presense.
"And here is Frosty Rime." - Argent Dawn turned to his subordinates - "I had fought alongside her and should admit that for her age she is quite formidable warrior. Now, since we all know each others' names, perhaps we should move to the castle?"

Your actions?
>>
>>29441926
Alright.
>>
>>29441926
Would anyone like to talk about current events as we move or would the group prefer to move diligently in silence?
>>
>>29441926
Tell the other groups good luck before we split up.
Good bye hugs for Arcane and Gust. maybe even promises of lewds if they all survive
>>
>>29441971
Can you please elaborate the 'current events' thing? There're quite a lot of topics to discuss.
>>29441998
They had already left, though you still can do it when you're going to leave the castle.
>>
>>29442083
Would anyone like to make small talk.
>>
>>29442083
Sure. Why not. Off we go into the night to slay demons and exercise demons.
>>
>>29441926
Let's head off.
Thread posts: 267
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.