[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Potion Quest - Thread 4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 1

File: PQ header 4.png (119KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
PQ header 4.png
119KB, 800x800px
>What is Potion Quest?
Potion Quest is a CYOA about Melody, an alchemist Pegasus mare trying to make her way and living in Trotston, Mareyland.

>What happened last time?
Melody trains Vanilla drop. They make a potion. Melody has a disturbing dream, or vision, about Golden Coat. She sends Vanilla on his first job. He has just returned home, successful.

>Last thread - >>29212679

...What does Melody do now?
>>
Melody makes Vanilla some food.
>>
>>29272069
Find yo little nigga and praise his ass. He dun did good, mmhmmmm.
>>
>>29272188
>Melody smiles at the young foal as he trots in, back loaded up with items. He set them down on the kitchen table, smiling widely at Melody.

"Melody, I got it all! And a few potions! Look! 4 lillies. More than you asked for!" He grins and bounces up and down on his hooves.

>Melody smiles softly and pats his head. "Good job! Now, I got something for you." Melody trots into her bedroom, reaches under her bed, and pulls out a blue robe, smaller than hers. It had been hers at one point, when she served under Golden Coat. She returned to the main room, slowly handing it over to Vanilla. "Surprise! Your very own robe! Now you can carry stuff easily, and still be able to run, as long as you aren't carrying things!~"

Vanilla squeals with joy, his face showing his happiness as he slips it on, it fitting his tiny body perfectly! "W-wow, thank you Melody! I love it!"

>>
>>29272365
We need to make some advanced potions to set up shop. While we do that Vanilla can clean up the mess and potion shards.
If he does it good we show him how to make a different potion.
>>
>>29272365
We should ask Vanilla if anything happened.
>>
>>29272586
>>29272446
>Melody smiles at Vanilla, so cute in his new robe, him exploring the pockets. "Alright honey, I'm gonna make some potions for the new shop tomorrow. You, clean up all the broken glass, and I'll teach you how to make an invisibility potion!" She grins at him and trots away, back to her room / lab.

Vanilla smiles and follows, and while she makes potions, he picks up the shards of glass and other assorted items. He throws them in the trash, and continues to clean up while she makes potions.

Melody ends up making 5 shield potions, 3 regular healings, and 2 bottles of generic alcohol.

...What does she do now?
>>
>>29272960
What time is it? We also have a pending promise about a lesson.
>>
>>29272960
Maybe not an invisibility potion. That's a little too advanced for him. Do we have anything more simple and safer?
>>
More potions?
>>
>>29272960
>he picks them up
What no broom and dustpan? That's Hella dangerous.
>>
>>29272960
Were those bottles Vanilla nabbed finished potions or liquid ingredients for making some?
>>
>>29272960
We need to figure out how much to charge for each of the potions. The difficultyand dangers of making the potin, the time required to make these, the cost of ingredients.
>>
>>29272960
Don't forget to label these potions. You wouldn't want to accidently kill Vanilla would you? Ha ha ha ha I crack myself up.
>>
>>29272960
Now how and where will we sell these?
>>
>>29272960
Alcohol, as in 100% alcohol, or her own booze? Either one is pretty cool, making your own booze or molotovs.
>>
>>29272960
What, that's all? That's kind of a meager selection.
>>
>>29277153
We only got as many herbs as Vanilla, a colt, could carry.
>>
>>29272960
What's the list of the potions we know how to make? That could be a good starting point.
>>
>>29274790
>>29275267
>>29275273
>>29275668
>>29276352
>>29277714

>Melody surveys her selection of potions, and takes a second to think. "Hmmm... These are all pretty easy potions to make.. I'll label them 20 bits each." She smirks, knowing ponies will be too dumb to realize she's overcharging them. She looks at the couple bottles of alcohol, annd they are indeed edible. She turns to Vanilla, and smiles.
>"Alright sugar! Time to teach you some potion making!" She props open a journal she was holding in her robe and places it on the desk, for Silver to look at.

A. Levitation - Minor Effect - 3 Seconds - 4 Uses per bottle
B. Healing - Minor Effect - 3 Seconds - 4 uses per bottle
C. Invisibility - Minor Effect - 5 Seconds - 2 uses per bottle
D. Shield - Minor Effect - 30 Seconds - 1 uses per bottle (May be applied to weapon)
E. Poison - Minor Effect - -1 Hp for 10 seconds - 1 uses per bottle (May be applied to weapon)
F. Blindness - Minor Effect - 30 Seconds - 2 uses per bottle

...What potion does she teach?
>>
>>29278981
Blindness
>>
>>29278981
Invisibility so he can watcher when Melody showers 0///0
>>
>>29278981
C, we promised.
>>
>>29279223
>5 seconds
>for 10 bits worth of potion

Fuck we should make it a buisness. Let's take showers all and sell invisibility potion to voyeurs and charge them 20 bits while we're at it
>>
Healing.
>>
>>29280501
Second!
>>
>>29279703
>>29279609
>>29279223

>Melody decides to teach him invisibility, keeping future options for the shop in mind. "Alright Vanilly! Get me Thyme, and a couple of those lillies!" She smiles as Vanilla hurries over to the stack, rushing back with the items in tow. Melody proceeds with the same method as last time, and then placing it on the burner, turns to Vanilla.

>"It's time we taught you how to fight. Whats your weapon of choice?"

...What IS Vanilla's weapon?
>>
>>29282644
My disarming demeanor?
>>
>>29282644
His erect horsedick
>>
A sword
>>
>>29282644
A blackjack (small club)
>>
>>29282644
A warhammer. Just for the sole reason of cool and he's a child. Or, you know. A knife or a sling.
>>
>>29283316
Something someone his age and size can use.
>>
>>29282644
Wow. Melody has martial weapons training? Like literal weapons proficiency training, or a metaphorically weapons training?
>>
>>29282644
Short Bow and Daggers because he's a thief
>>
>>29284704
A thief who's an apprentice alchemist.

>>29282644
A sling shot
>>
>>29284731
sling shot is good
>>
>>29284811
We could could use it to shoot potions. The problem with that is the Broken glass but, thems tha breaks.
>>
>>29285515
get a broom
>>
bunp
>>
rebunp
>>
>>29282644
His 12 inch penis
>>
>>29282644
Slingshot. Those can be deadly.
>>
(Sorry for no update today, guys. Tomorrow will have a big, two part post detailing combat and his weapon. I have a test tomorrow, and I couldn't afford to not study.)
>>
>>29289961
>>
Let's see what happens today shall we?
>>
I
>>
Ramp it up
>>
bleh
>>
(Alright guys, final choice. First (legit) reply, decides Vanillas weapon. GO!)
>>
>>29294434
Slingshot. The slingshot for ranged versatility.
>>
Fuck you >>29294789

>>29293336
I say his weapon is his foot long cock
>>
>>29294789
>Melody looks down at the foal expectantly. "Well? Anything?"

Vanilla looks around. "Well, when I got in fights, I had to use this slingshot." He shrugs and pulls one of the said objects out of his mane, staring down at it proudly, a smile plastered on his face.

>Melody grins. "Alright! Then it's time I taught you how to fight, gumdrop!" The world falls away, Vanilla squealing as Melody begins to break the fourth wall, entering a tutorial sequence. "Alright! Gimme all you got! Lemme have it!" She smirks.

Vanilla sighs. "O-ok! I-if you say so..!" He says as his lip quivers, still trying to figure out whats happening around him as he loads a rock into the slingshot. He pulls it back, then lets go, aiming for Melody.

Roll D20! Melody is an easy enemy, anything above a 3 will hit her, at least in this tutorial. The roll, a 9, results in a hit! Time to deal damage. Vanilla's current attack stat is 2. The weapon he's using adds a meager +1 damage. Time to roll a D6 to decide damage addition! Got a 6!!! Melody takes a direct hit, a critical! it adds a x2 bonus to the damage, making it a total of -6 HP, out of tutorial Melody's four!

The situation falls away, leaving them back in the room that they were in before the simulation started.

...What does Melody do?
>>
>>29295509
So damage roll of (2+1+6)x2 for 18 dmg? That means Melody (at least in the tutorial) had a total of 12? Damn. Vicious little rock.
Vanilla should keep the rock. It's full of luck.
>>
>>29295509
Get an ice pack. Holy shit that sling shot though.
>>
>>29295509
What just happened?
>>
>>29297518
>>
>>29295509
Congratulate him on his shot. He was lucky. Let's hope he luck doesn't run dry any time soon.
>>
Cute little horses bump.
>>
>>29298898
>>29296571

>Melody rubs the side of her head, grinning as she no longer feels the pain, the simulation over. "Good job Vanilla! Really nailed me in that tutorial.. don't be getting any ideas, I'm a lot stronger in real life. You got a lucky shot. Lets hope that streak keeps up." She smirks, ignoring the small foal's pleas for explanation of the previous events that unfolded. Vanilla just sighs and shrugs, accepting it.

>By now, the potion is done. Melody trots over to the potion station, grabbing the bowl filled with it's liquefied contents, and slowly pouring it into a potion bottle. She smiles at the small foal. "And there ya are! Let it cool, and you got an invisibility potion. Congrats, you now know two potions! Let's hope you can remember how to make them." She smiles.

Vanilla now knows TWO potions. It is around 8 PM.

>>
>>29300327
Have we eaten yet? Lets chat with Vanilla about his past.

It's a good idea to advertise on discussion when you start a session.
>>
>>29300327
Fffffffff-what are we going to eat Melody? You spent all your bits on cheese, and it's 8 pm.
And 20 bits per potion? That seems like you're under pricing your potions. I'm fairly certain any one of the potions are worth more then nearly nearly 7 pieces of cheese from a discount stall for 3 bits a piece.
Unless the ingredients are easy to come by and grow, then that's another story.
>>
>>29300560
We don't know the going price and the QM said 20 was overpriced.
>>
>>29300949
I guess, but I'm still worried. Pony economics yo.
>>
>>29300560
>>29300500

>Melody bites her lip. "Wow, we really need to start selling us some potions soon. Tomorrow morning. Then I promise, we can go out to eat. Whatever ya want. For now, lets eat some pineapple and talk." She smiles, Vanilla grinning ear to ear at the mention of free food tomorrow, if he does well.

>As they sit down together, eating the rest of the leftover pineapple, Melody lifts her eyes to the foal. "So, tell me about YOU. Where did you come from? What do you do?"

Vanilla frowns. "Well.. as far back as I can remember, I've been on the streets, stealing and stuff. I used to sleep in the alley in between Oakville and 27th, and steal food from the early morning vendors. I don't know my parents, or really anypony else.. You're really the closest pony I have, Melody.." He blushes, his voice cracking at the first couple letters of her name.

...What does Melody do?
>>
>>29301366
Have any interesting adventures?
>>
>>29301366
>You're really the closest pony I have, Melody.." He blushes, his voice cracking at the first couple letters of her name.
D'aawww. That is just the cutest thing ever.
>>
Do you guys think we should or shouldn't adobe this lil thieving street urchin, cuz I think we should.
>>
Almost fell off the board.
>>
>>29303292
>>
>>29303292
>>
>>29301366
So Melody will be selling potions tomorrow. I want to know HOW she will be selling them.
>>
>>29301366
Oh you poor baby. Give him a wing hug. And maybe a bath later. You know what? What has he done about his personal hygiene? Teeth? Bathing? etc.
>>
>>29305779
>>
>>29307107
>>
>>29301366
Gib a kissu wissu to da widaw guy.
>>
>>29301366
Now about those potions that's 180 for the potions. What are the prices for the alcohol?
>>
>>
>>29301366
I've an idea for breakfast that may make pineapples for breakfast a little more tolerable. Some Brazilian Grilled Pineapple. If melody has some brown sugar, cinnamon, and a grill she can make this.
>>
>>29311758
That is if she knows how to or has a recipe book for simple foods.
>>
>>29301366
Well you couldn't have been living on the streets your whole life. Wasn't there anyone who took care of you? We're you at an orphanage?
>>
Master of potions bump
>>
>self proclaimed alchemist
>has no signature brew or at least hasn't shown having one.
>>
>>29314706
>>
>>29315388
>>
>>29314706
>>
>>29317518
>>
>>29301366
Do you know how long you'vr been doing this? How old are you?
>>
>>29301366
>...What does Melody do?
File your taxes and see if there's such a thing as a guild (if they exist in Equestria). Maybe an Alchemists guild, or adventures. We could maybe kill smiles for potions?
>>
>>29320690
>>
>>29321689
>>
>>29322678
>>
>>29323353
>>
>>29323920
>>
>>29325019
>>
>>29325979
>>
>>29301366
What time is it? Did time past while we were doing the tutorial fight?
>>
>>29327208
>>
>>29328179
>>
>>29329021
>>
10. Wew. Almost fell off the board.
>>
It's time to let go lads
>>
>>29330821
Nope
>>
>>29332199
>>
>>29333067
>>
>>29330705
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.