[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srwg/ Super Robot Wars General #1302

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 47

File: Guido.jpg (81KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
Guido.jpg
81KB, 960x544px
Previous Thread:
>>15553394

If you need help with any game try checking Akurasu for help:
http://akurasu.net/wiki/Super_Robot_Wars
If any of the pages are blank try this:
CLICK 'EDIT'
SAVE THE PAGE WITHOUT MAKING ANY CHANGES

For a superior experience please add !C9UNU3S59A to your filter

Current status of the games availability in the English language as of the end of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/Y1ND2asB

Detailed Version of Game Availability in English as of September 2016:
http://pastebin.com/crZFqXVk

Music Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/i93iP72p

Bring Stabity's Quick Guide to Katakana:
http://pastebin.com/x6FmxFGk

Game Modification Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/wr1RLQpB

Translated Plot Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HAQ3qrSg

Art Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/AEEmisXS

SRC Pastebin V2:
http://pastebin.com/NRPtThEZ

Make your own SRW character Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/DBj6Nknk

If you wish to help with the SRW fan game they are always in need of more musicians and artists
Please contact the following e-mail: [email protected]
You may also reach them in IRC at #SRWEternity on Rizon.

You can also visit their website at: http://srw.eternitychan.org/ (Currently Ressurected)

/srwg/ Discord:
https://discord.gg/GtR83q7

/m/ Booru
http://ryusei.booru.org/index.php
>>
>>15560862
no ttgl no hope
>>
>>15560862
What's the new Ultraman doing here?
>>
>pilot is a redhead chick
>guy on back of dragon is a guy, also has white hair
>>
>>15560862
to think I would not use mr generic guy but then I unlocked his skill.

So fucking broken because it's basically "fuck strategic placement"
>>
So which of the PS4 games should I get, Moon Dwellers or V? Which has the better translation because from what I've seen posted on here the translation for Moon Dwellers could use some work.
>>
>>15560915
V has by far the better translation.
>>
File: IKU WA YONNN.jpg (91KB, 1279x723px) Image search: [Google]
IKU WA YONNN.jpg
91KB, 1279x723px
IKU WA YONNN
>>
http://gematsu.com/2017/05/monster-hunter-xx-nintendo-switch-ver-announced

Yep now one of the Switch seller games for me has been confirmed. The other one is obviously an Switch SRW by the 3DS team it WILL be on the Switch because they can't stop doing SEA releases with English subtitles on them now
If this upcoming May 30th stream is too soon, I would expect an announcement in July/August, and then releasing the game on end of 2017/early 2018.
Gotta push those Switch sales.
>>
File: Time to fap.png (204KB, 392x441px) Image search: [Google]
Time to fap.png
204KB, 392x441px
Not gonna lie, would have liked a bullshit scenario where Okita and any other capable officer with captain qualities were indisposed for a while... so Beecha could pilot the Yamato.
>>
>>15561051
I swear they better announce an english translation of Generations X at E3.
>>
What is SRW pivots into MOBAs

Who would you main?
>>
Man, it's really hard to overstate how good Shinka Ialdabaoth is in C3 without just saying "regular Ialdabaoth was in the top five best units in C3 and Shinka is literally just that but more".

>>15561051
>The other one is obviously an Switch SRW by the 3DS team it WILL be on the Switch because they can't stop doing SEA releases with English subtitles on them now

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll believe it when it is announced and not a moment sooner.
>>
>>15561076
>I'll believe it when it is announced and not a moment sooner.
Oh but you will.
There's gotta be one more proper SRW releasing this year one way or another.
>>
File: Not A Charged Shot.png (98KB, 735x531px) Image search: [Google]
Not A Charged Shot.png
98KB, 735x531px
>>15559502
>How would you do Megaman X in SRW gameplay-wise?
Like this, I assume.
>>
>>15561096
More like if we're lucky, there'll be one more SRW announced this year. Granted, I want to be hopeful, but I still think the best we can hope for is an announcement by the end of next month and a release sometime in late October at earliest.
>>
>>15561076
>I'll believe there'll be more english translated SRWs
>But not that there'll be SRWs on the console with the best launch since PS2
You're even using the same fucking reasoning you were arguing against you indecisive mindbreather.
>>
>>15561107
>More like if we're lucky, there'll be one more SRW announced this year.
It's not luck. I say there's one more SRW coming/announced this year for these reasons:
- Barring Hakai-hen, there was no year post-2000 in which they release a number of SRWs fewer than 2.
- There's quite a few of SRW development teams as we all know and Bamco can't just let them sit there and not having any major works in the year. Maybe two years is pushing it.
- Not as much as in the past, but SRW is still one of Bamco's long-running stronghold franchise and maybe their most successful massive crossover series ever created. Besides, there's a smallpush in mecha games popularity in this year due to a large number of localizations/translations, and they won't miss any chance to promote more of these fancy games that many EOPs haven't even heard about.
- Toys/animes/movies are coming out gradually and SRW is a beast at advertising them too. X-Omega won't be enough for some companies. Some of them will request more major exposure.
>>
>>15561051
Dude XX is a shitty P2P MMO
>>
>>15561110
No, I'm arguing against there being a Switch SRW announced in fucking May.

Impact and Shin were the SRWs "early" on those consoles, but they still came out years after the release.
>>
why is Sousuke so sexy? I want to make him my wife (autist)
>>
>>15561157
>there was no year post-2000 in which they release a number of SRWs fewer than 2.

...except, you know, last year.

>>15561210
To point out releases on consoles related to their release date in past days:

>Gameboy: 2 years afterwards.
>Famicom: 8 years.
>Super Famicom: 2 years.
>Playstation: Around a year and a half from release to 4S, first game that wasn't a remake was almost right on 2 years.
>Saturn: 3 years
>Wonderswan: Like a month after release as it was a Bandai system and was in the making two years before its release
>64: 3 years
>Dreamcast: 3 years
>Wonderswan Color: About a year afterwards, see earlier comments on Wonderswans. For non-remakes it was 3 years though.
>Gameboy Advance: The real oddity, A was within a year after the console came out. Nintendo was working on it well in advanced, but no idea there.
>PS2: 2 years.
>Gamecube: 3 years
>Xbox 360: Another oddity, just over a year. It was a remake though.
>DS: 2.5 years
>PSP: 3 years
>Wii: 3 years
>PS3: 6 years (!)
>3DS: 2 years
>Vita: 2.5 years
>PS4: 3 years

So while it COULD happen, as I said, I'll believe it when it's announced and not a moment sooner.
>>
>>15561240
Dat voice.
>>
>>15561266
well, this is upsetting, but I guess expected.

On the other hand announcements can precede releases by quite a bit
>>
>>15560862
>Guido will never meet Banjo
>>
>>15561280
An announcement of a SRW game a full year and a half ahead of time? Don't think that's happened outside of a certain very specific game that went through countless delays. And they don't want a repeat of that.

I assume the Nintendo team is going to make one last hurrah on the 3DS either at the end of this year or at the start of next year, and we'll probably be seeing something from the 3D team too, unless they moved onto the Switch early in which case we might see something in a year or two years from now from them.
>>
>>15561240
gauron pls
>>
>>15561337
>something from the 3D team too
X-Omega?
>>
>>15561098
Either that or something similar to the weapon gauge from OG. Except, you know, not terrible.
>>
>>15561366
On that topic, how can we make the weapon system actually useful?
This isn't a game where everybody can equip weapons and how strong you are is closely related to which weapon is equipped. This is a game where Free Electron Cannon can cost 20 EN with 8000 power and you'll just use Neo Granzon all day and not giving a shit.
>>
>>15561337
How long did it take for 2nd OG to be released after the first announcement?
>>
>>15561386
It got delayed until 2012
>>
>>15561098
I wonder how 2B would perform in SRW...
>>
>>15561355
X-O's being done by Sega and I think it's just in general a different team... though I get a feeling it does reuse a small number of assets from OE, I've never really bothered to check too closely. (That said, OE's models were pretty detailed, so it's not like reusing them is really strictly a bad thing - no point reinventing the wheel in that regard.)
>>
>>15561366
>>15561379
>On that topic, how can we make the weapon system actually useful?
Make it use the Weapon upgrade of whoever it's equipped on and have better weapon design in general, I guess.

Most of the equippable weapons are kinda niche, which really discourages you from sinking money into them.

And stop making all the finisher tier equippable weapons secrets - it's basically the one niche that most of the units that can actually use equippable weapons want to fill.

One thing I sort of like about one of the JP OG2 hacks is that it introduce a new skill called "Advanced weapons training" or something - some equippable weapons can only be used by characters with that skill. They didn't quite balance it well, but I think there's a good concept here where some characters have access to stronger equippable weapons.
>>
>>15561386
Given when the PV1 is uploaded onto Youtube to the final release, it was at least a year and a half. But OGII was a weird exception because of all of its delays - it was meant to come out in 2011, but it ended up being out in really late 2012.

Most SRWs come out about half a year after their reveal, with the exception to V because it was revealed by teaser a few months ahead of time (It was still less than a year in that case - like eight months I think?) and OGII because it was delayed like fucking mad.

Back when it was one PV per game there'd be times where the one PV was released within a month or two months from the release.
>>
>>15560915
V is a proper professional translation. MD is fine except when it dips into full crabstick.
>>
>>15561442
Just letting equippable weapons scale with unit upgrades would do a lot for them. I've noticed that quite a few units really rely on the mechanic to get either a decent ranged weapon or an ALL attack. Of course it doesn't really matter as much when fixed weapon units almost always have way better loadouts in the first place but something could be done.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFXhe6MCr-Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-_cEbWYqqg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVDMQrX2Qfo

It scares me to think that there're producers that think these piles of horseshit animation are acceptable and approve them to be in the game.
>>
>>15561715
>Of course it doesn't really matter as much when fixed weapon units almost always have way better loadouts in the first place but something could be done.
It's a bit inevitable given SRW's design - logically, "presets" would need to be stronger than "customization" in order to preserve unit identity.

There's currently just not enough granularity to differentiate a huge pool of weapons in the way that some other Strategy games use concepts like Weapon Triangle, Attack Elements, Special Effects and so on. Well, that last part exists, but doesn't really work in the context of SRW where your average mook won't live long enough to really see it stick around.
>>
>>15561729
Disagea has both identification special attacks and mook-tier attacks and weapons though.
In terms of gameplay I think SRW should learn a thing or two from that and Advance Wars (as in classifying the units in the game more heavily)
>>
>>15561729
The only time that I really bothered with weapon customization was Kyosuke's route of OG1 since you don't get to use the SRX meaning that it actually pays to give quite a few units a moveset overhaul. Particularly R-1 which has a bunch of really weak/underwhelming equipment.

SRW is also awfully lax when it comes to using terrain and such anyway. Banpresto just makes flat featureless maps most of the time because they know that almost everyone in the cast can fly by like the halfway point anyway.
>>
>>15561736
>everyone in the cast can fly by like the halfway point anyway
But that's the truth. Half of the common super robot's upgrades are wings/fly packs anyway.
How would you do the terrain then?
>>
>>15561741
>How would you do the terrain then?
Steal Danmaku from FMW and rename it Danger Zone or something
>>
>>15561736
SRW should've had something like the Danmaku from FMW and explain it like it's some not-Minovsky particles or something like that
>>
>>15561741
You could do something like make the average Super Flight Mode have B/C terrain ranks in Air and burn EN really fast like how NEO/OE does it, meaning that making your Supers fly is something you only do when you absolutely need that extra Move.

You could also introduce the robot equivalent of Anti-Air Archers though they would probably have to penetrate Defensive Spirits somehow, since even with a 3x multiplier or similar bonus to flying units, those would still trivialize such countermeasures.

(I suppose Plane type units like Valkyries would have some abilities to help counteract those)
>>
>>15561741
You could probably encourage people to be more mindful of their terrain if you used the Anti-Land/Air/Space weapon properties from Neo/OE, or pull a K and use some really harsh penalties for being on the wrong terrain.

Additionally, since SRW isn't exactly the chokepoint kind of SRPG and more open, a decent mix of defensive terrain as well as a bit more water in general maps could help out as well.

>>15561748
>>15561751

FMW4 had to go out of its way to force players to care about Land/Water again because they were awfully underused in the first 3 games. I mean sure everyone can fly, but it doesn't mean that the maps have to be that way all of the time. Kogasa's map was actually really cool because it was the first time since FMW1 where you spent the entire stage grounded (even if this time its because of the WP and not because you want to save MP)

Boss Danmaku is the only interesting one because of the spellcard system which forces you to switch things up a bit. Mook Danmaku isn't very interesting because most of the time they just focus fire on someone that they can't hit even with evasion penalties.
>>
>>15561719
It especially gets me since Gundams tend to be one of those series which are consistently animated even at their worst, probably due to being what they get most practice with.

So they really phoned it in this time.
>>
File: rainbowumbrella.jpg (268KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowumbrella.jpg
268KB, 960x720px
>>15561758
>Kogasa's map was actually really cool because it was the first time since FMW1 where you spent the entire stage grounded
Would you say she surprised you?

Please say yes...
>>
>>15561772
I actually kept getting the answers wrong so she capped her will but it didn't matter because she was papery. Need to push for the last few stages in the game though, stopped playing after getting Hisoutensoku since I really don't like the cost system even if I get what they're trying to do with it.
>>
File: 1495723116223.png (213KB, 438x467px) Image search: [Google]
1495723116223.png
213KB, 438x467px
GAO
>>
File: 16786547235.jpg (156KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
16786547235.jpg
156KB, 900x675px
>>15561800
GAI
GAAAAAR
>>
File: jettokomasukogasa.png (357KB, 580x1500px) Image search: [Google]
jettokomasukogasa.png
357KB, 580x1500px
>>15561779
For all intent's and purposes, Neo Shirakawa Yuuka may as well be the final boss with how brutal she is.

The two stages after that are relative cakewalks, Meeko mainly because the story is basically everyone beating the living shit out of her and she can't fight back.

And the final boss isn't too horrible because the final stage has Infinite Cost meaning you can pretty much deploy every heavy hitter in the game and finally see how badly no cost can break the game. Along with the stage basically have a ZA POWAA event tripling everyones SP and Morale halfway through...
>>
File: Level Up.jpg (189KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
Level Up.jpg
189KB, 641x480px
>>15561812
>Bring every heavy hitter
But quite a few characters are underlevelled. Granted with the exp formula you can do things like pic related.
>>
>>15561719
I don't think I'll ever get over how Athrun just discards the METEOR at the end of his attack.
The dramatic explosion behind him even makes it look like he just blew it up by accident.
>>
>>15561815
Well do remember you have sub orders as well they do go some way to keeping up the level average.

Only thing you really want to make sure of far as levels go is that Kaguya, Yuyuko, Toyohime, Reimu are all at around lv65 at least. Reason being is the 3 former all learn Enable as their last spirit around then and it can really break everything in combination with Koakuma/Eirin's Renew spirit.

And in Reimu's case her final personal skill grants a free Zeal cast when you activate her Musou Tensei skill. She can basically get two regular Zeal casts as well if you bump her SP up a bit. So effectively you can warp across practically the entire map with Reimu because of it.

There is a lot of notable stuff you get all at lv65, even formally shit characters will get something that suddenly buffs them like crazy at lv65.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwz916YdnMg
Thank god Bamco would probably never dub SRW
>>
God damn it's been a whole since G Gundam has been in a proper SRW.
It's high time it comes back yes?
>>
>>15561903
But OE was only (I'm too lazy to check) years ago.
>>
File: mattpost.png (11KB, 695x184px) Image search: [Google]
mattpost.png
11KB, 695x184px
>>15561210
>I'll believe it when it is announced and not a moment sooner.
>http://desuarchive.org/m/thread/15305139/#15309483
>They haven't shown they're planning on sticking with it.
http://desuarchive.org/m/thread/15305139/#q15309488
>And they haven't shown they aren't either, so your bitching is unnecessary.

There's some other lolxdfamorama posts there too, like the one about how MSVs are on series lists but not listed.
>>
>>15561908
Yeah, but last time it wasn't Domon In God Gundam Only was, what, twelve years ago? A little less if you count AP I guess, but that's a remake.
>>
>>15561903
Was J the last game with G where it wasn't post-plot?
>>
>>15561986
Does A Portable count?
>>
>>15561828
>Level 65
Even Kurumi, Suika and Remilia?
>>
>>15562089
Suika's actually fairly usable now that she has a proper finisher. Most of her other issues are still there, but at least she hits reasonably hard.

Kurumi got a new combo with Elly, and Remilia got some shiny new skills, but it doesn't save them from being total garbage.
>>
>>15561986
If you don't count remakes or mobages, yeah.
>>
>>15562122
Didn't pretty much all of the recent Nintendo consoles get Monster Hunters?
>>
>>15562089
Yes actually.

Suika is actually solid this time round once you slap a Sky terrain part on her which you actually start with. Her new attack gives a decent enough damage boost and is still relatively cheap and she keeps her free MP refill. Her new Missing Power personal skill goes upto 3L size which gives her a burst damage option against most things even if it's only 1 charge.

Remi only becomes useful when she hits Lv65. At that point she gets the Chain of Fate personal skill which gives her Sense+. So basically she can hang in the back of a team as a Accel/Sense spamming spirit bank and just drop a finisher during a FPM attack.

Kurumi is pushing it, she gets a pretty useless combination with Elly. Her only use remains the same as before and that is forcing bosses in Lunatic mode to die with Break the Sabbath.
>>
>>15562135
Yup, but some Sonyfags were having delusions of the contract with nintendo ending soon, and with that happening they will have their beloved game again in hd.
>>
>>15562095
Does Yume get hard enough that units stop being useful? I'm currently at the moon in Kou and so far the game has been easy enough to allow me to deploy Cirno, Rumia and Nitori every stage.
>>
>>15562153
Nitori falls off but Cirno and Rumia have niches that make them useful all the way up to the last game. With the first one getting a 1.1x damage modifier among other things while the latter is the best partner for Remilia/Flandre since she allows them to actually use their part slots.
>>
>>15562153
>Using Nitori
Do you like using Katz on SRW as well?
>>
>>15562207
>Nitori gets a Great Booster attack
>Except its underwhelming base power wise and still only has 1 ammo.
She doesn't even have the water gimmick anymore because Suwako!Sanae and Murasa exist.
>>
>>15562207
>how dare you use characters you like and not characters that are viable
And yes, I do use Katz.
>>
File: 023.png (197KB, 1079x868px) Image search: [Google]
023.png
197KB, 1079x868px
>>15562153
>Ever using Nitori
Come on everyone knows the kappajew is good for nothing.

>Gets shiny new upgrade
>Blows it up
>Ever trusting kappa tech
https://my.mixtape.moe/gcioxu.webm
>>
>>15562227
>Using Katz
>Liking the Kappajew
straight up shit taste, senpai
>>
File: 1480698412909.png (101KB, 259x219px) Image search: [Google]
1480698412909.png
101KB, 259x219px
>>15562227
>using Nitori
>at all
>>
>>15561986
>J was the last time we had G Gundam plot
>It didn't even do all of it
>>
>>15562156
Amusingly Cirno might actually be one of the highest damaging units in the final game. Final Bakartet Special for raw weapon power is just straight up one of the strongest attacks in the game, think it's only beaten/equaled by the Prismrivers, Yukari and Yuuka and maybe Reimu/Marisa.

If you get Cirno's final personal skill it is probably the strongest attack in the game. Of course that is a completely different thing from most damaging with all the crazy damage boosts available.
>>
>>15562252
I used Cirno/Rumia/Dai all the time. The others not so much although they're still in the 50+ range.
>>
>>15562255
Mystia is easy enough to use, she is basically just there to buff the hell out of you and heal. Wriggle is in a complicated place, she's a solid offensive 2.0 unit. But you have enough beat sticks that she just comes off as average even if she does get Soul.
>>
>>15562238
>not liking Katz "The Asteroid" Kobayashi
>>
>>15562259
Kamille evidently didn't.

Katz got removed from the newtype ghost summon.
>>
>>15562259
He's shit in every single aspect. At least a shitlord like Hathaway get good Spirits all the time and he piloted a cool Gundam.
>>
>>15562264
And that particular shitlord gets his character slightly fixed in V. Not killing Chan is one of them
>>
>>15562259
That should seriously be his Ace name in a bizarro alternate universe or something.
>>
>>15562270
Fuck no, Mafty was the much more enjoyable version of Hathaway.

They ruined him in V.
>>
>>15562264
Xi Gundam is cool as fuck
proper model kit when? I don't want to pay 15k yen for the robot damashii
>>
>>15562300
Just get the chink plamo. It's actually pretty decent
>>
>>15561051
As a PC gamer, I'm hoping they stick with Vita so I don't have to buy any other consoles I'll never use for anything except SRW
>>
>>15562300
Look at this poorfag and laugh.
>>
>>15561051
I tried playing MH4U but the 3DS's resolution made my eyes fall out

Looks worse than the first PS2 game from 2004
>>
>>15562304
Why would they do that? They've been making games for Nintendo Handhelds since the beginning and haven't shown signs of stopping in the last seventeen years, they won't stop now.
>>
>>15562310
Maybe because everything except portable Sony SRWs have been selling terribly lately
>>
>>15562300
the first Xi RD is only 5k yen
the second one is that costs 15k yen, it has a slightly better sculpted head and comes with the missile pod

Penelope on the other hand, is the expensive fuck, goes for 30k yen at least
>>
>>15562313
Really? Thought Z3-2 did poorly.
>>
File: 1495812981523.jpg (290KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495812981523.jpg
290KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>15562337
>disregard bitches
>go genocide squids
>>
>>15562344
Pretty sure he now has a kid.
>>
>>15562348
Family genocide!
>>
>>15562359
Flit pls
>>
>Z2.1
>Final Stage
>DM Beasts decide to only target battleships
>Can't upgrade them on restarts
>>
File: 1495823160002.gif (725KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1495823160002.gif
725KB, 400x225px
>>15562337
>>
>>
>>15562619
Wow the waves at sea must be terrible that day.
>>
>>15562612
>not upgrading battleships and sending them into the fray.
>>
REMOVE SPACE JEWS
>>
>>15562264
Like I said, why does it matter how viable someone is? Super Robot Wars games are so easy that you could run any team you want.
>>
>>15562619
Looks a bit like that one futa-centric series of works.
>>
File: 1495741084283.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1495741084283.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>15562619
SAUCE NAOW!
>>
File: boosted sweat.jpg (286KB, 250x1000px) Image search: [Google]
boosted sweat.jpg
286KB, 250x1000px
>>15562619
>>
>>15562666
Gargantia.
>>
File: haruhi upset.gif (2MB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
haruhi upset.gif
2MB, 500x625px
>>15562706

YOU KNOW THAT'S NOT WHAT HE MEANS
>>
>>15562713
I do know that. I also know that there's a couple links above the image that tell you exactly what the sauce is.
>>
File: 1495631100068.png (540KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1495631100068.png
540KB, 960x540px
>>15562619
>NiseMidi sameface
It's better than nothing I guess.
>>
>>15562756
You're better off dead you autistic waifufag
>>
>>15562612
Update: Fuck this scenario
>DM Beasts a pain in the ass to beat
>Damage sponges
>Even after that shit THERES ANOTHER FUCKING BOSS
>Always casts Aim
>All S terrain
>Supers can barely tank and reals can't dodge
>They somehow expect you to either have that much damage or that much SP
Guess I have to pray that my Spirit boosted attacks are all criticals. Fuck this.
>>
File: R2017-SRW-1.png (185KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
R2017-SRW-1.png
185KB, 800x600px
Come, my Einherjar.

The time for our battle commences once more.

It's time for SRW Ramadan.

The rules are simple

You guys pick one of three squares, and whichever SRW gets revealed I will play.

My goal is to finish as many SRWs during Ramadan as humanely possible.

Come, it is time to choose, sons of man.

Let the Gong of Fate sound off once more.
>>
>>15562914
I choose B, but do keep in mind that my vote counts as five votes.
>>
>>15562914
I'll put a bajillion votes on C.
>>
>>15562914
I'd like to place negative bajillion votes on C.
>>
>>15562914
B
>>
>>15562914
I choose

D
>>
>>15562914
Play Rondo Duo.
>>
Where can i find the art of the cross omega originals
>>
>>15562961
The major boorus have them.
>>
>>15562914
Huh....

>toss coin
>lands in the middle

A it is then.
>>
>>15562756

It's amazing for Mikan though
>>
>>15562914
Option B
>>
File: AquaSassy.png (33KB, 125x130px) Image search: [Google]
AquaSassy.png
33KB, 125x130px
>>15562914
A for Aqua
>>
>>15562984
What is this, a retard for ants?
>>
File: RAMADAN2017SRW-A.jpg (180KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
RAMADAN2017SRW-A.jpg
180KB, 800x600px
I think that's enough voting.

The winner is B, SRW Z1.

Gonna grab the game while I sleep and we'll begin tomorrow.
>>
>>15563002
Play Rondo Duo.
>>
>>15563002
>none of them were Valkyrie Profile
Got my hopes up with that "Come, my Einherjar."
>>
File: PERFECT.png (82KB, 448x288px) Image search: [Google]
PERFECT.png
82KB, 448x288px
Fucking hate this stage, but on the plus side...
>>
File: 1487456305856.jpg (116KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487456305856.jpg
116KB, 600x450px
Fuck, we've been slow for a while.

Here, have a thing.
>>
>>15563460
We're on a news drought, and no one really cares to talk about X-O.

Really the only way to get something going on is if someone LPs one of the older games or someone takes hours old bait.
>>
>>15563479

I mean I COULD stream V right now, I was going to play it tonight anyway. But I don't like to make it seem like I'm attention whoring, I only really stream for my friends.
>>
>>15563488
The real question is if you think you're willing to have /srwg/'s dry season crowd in your stream.

News season crowd is probably asking to get trolled to sin though.
>>
>>15563493

Please, I'm the streamer of /rancegen/. This place is practically booming with news compared to there.

where the fuck is game 10, it's been years
>>
>>15563503
Didn't you guys get 9 the other year?
>>
>>15563504

Rance IX was released in 2014. In the time since we got Evenicle (which was a very good game, but not Rance), an SRPG called Blade Briders which was ok, a remake of Rance 3, and official english releases of Rance 5D and VI. Rance X was announced with IX's release, and we haven't gotten so much as a screenshot since.
>>
>>15563505
>2014

Holy shit time flies, I remember the last time I checked you guys were still translating Quest.
>>
>>15563508

Maria gave up and betrayed us. Then worked with Mangagamer to get official releases of 5D and VI.

I wasn't against paying for those because I don't mind giving AS money, I bought the boxed copies of Evenicle and Rance IX after all. But it's still the betrayal behind it all as she was holding back releasing those translations to hash out a deal.
>>
>>15563511
>We were backstabbed this whole time

Mother of god, my condolences anon I didn't know things went to shit that hard.

On the upside we're getting official releases but goddamn at the price it cost was it really worth it.
>>
>>15563517

It hurts me most because she would hang out in the game streams a lot, she seemed nice. Arunaru was an asshole, but he was ALWAYS an asshole, so him going to mangagamer surprised no one so no one cared.
>>
>>15563519
Whatever happened to the whale guy?
>>
>>15563529

Stress of translating got to him so he quit. Roven-Pan on the other hand just fucking vanished off the face of the earth one day, which is a real shame since he was chill as fuck and would come to stream to hang out even if I started streaming at like 2 am.
>>
>>15563531
Real shame to hear how all that went down then, I hope you guys are doing alright nowadays.

Probably just going through dry cycles like we are.
>>
In SRW W, does Saburota's Aesti inherit upgrades from Akatsuki's?

I was reading the LP, and Brunom says it does, but Akurasu and the faq on gamefaqs both say no. Does anyone know for sure?
>>
>>15563543
I'm pretty sure Akatsuki's Aesti II inherits from Akatsuki's Aesti.

Really the only game Saburota is worth your time i is V, and in MX he's actually better off benched due to how supports work there.
>>
Ok, if anyone cares I'll stream V. I'll have to post my twitch since I don't give out my personal stream, that's for friends and rancegen. Come bitch at my ost choices, I'm on stage 37

channel name is serurarenge for those that care
>>
>>15563565
...or not because xsplit is having problems with connecting to twitch.
>>
>>15560862

So is the OST fo "Super Robot Wars OG: Dark Prison" just impossible to find? Does it not exist?
>>
>>15563573
I have yet to find it
>>
>>15563573
It's rolled in with the OG2nd OST I think.

I haven't checked in a while.
>>
>>15563573
retard
>>
>>15563573
you only need the two new tracks from it anyways:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buMFkNwVujU (I think this was on that special 17 CD that came with the special edition of MD)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS49whwHDJI (can be found in the Masoukinshin sound collection)
>>
>>15563573
>>15563578
It's mostly rolled in with Moon Dwellers OST, save for Dark Prison OGDP is with Masoukishin
>>
>>15563576
>>15563578
>>15563590
>>15563596

Thank you.for your help.
>>
dumb question but isn't /srwg/ a combination of /m/ and /vg/?
>>
>>15563614

We have yet to devolve into nonstop talk about idols or shit like that, so I'd say no.
>>
>>15563590

What about the song from here? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-vU6gJ-uLQ

Right when Shu throws the sword into Volkruss. I've been looking everywhere for it.
>>
>>15563565
>>15563572
Well I guess I can post the regular stream then, I mean if I trust that general with that link then this one shouldn't be that different.
site is http://tv.40cakes.com/tvoid/
You have to click on channel 4 (the neps)
to be on my stream

I'm still on stage 37, just in the stage now instead of the intermission screen.

>>15563620
Not every general is SC2
>>
>>15563002
You WILL be playing the old man route, right, Sahib?
>>
File: MusicList.jpg (929KB, 3091x1476px) Image search: [Google]
MusicList.jpg
929KB, 3091x1476px
>>15563635
I think it's track 9 Disc 4 from the Masoukinshin Collection
>>
>>15563650
That list says track 18 Disc 1 anon, the OGDP gives it away.
>>
>>15563650

Thank you so very much. I wish I had something to give you man, thank you so very much.
>>
>>15563690
but that is not the song the guy requested.

>>15563703
no worries
>>
>>15563704
I seem to have made a mix up, sorry about that.
>>
>>15563709
no worries.
>>
File: Tennis X.png (2MB, 900x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Tennis X.png
2MB, 900x1020px
>>15563505
>Rance X was announced with IX's release, and we haven't gotten so much as a screenshot since.
Just so you are aware
>>
>>15563738

Oh right, I forgot about that
>>
By chance, would anyone have a list of the track names from Z3's OST?
>>
F final is shit.
>>
>>15563778
so is z3
>>
How do you get Ersha to say the pig bitch ho skank line? I know it's in the game but never triggered it.
>>
>>15563783
Z3 isn't BS like F final is.
>>
next series in srw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFdtq1FjE4s&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>15564009
I see we have a compatriot for Loran.
>>
>>15563573

Since they're STILL using the OGS soundtrack from 10 years ago at this point, they have to double up with alot of their ost releases as a result.
>>
>>15564009
If this is what it takes to finally get my Magiteck SRW, I'll accept it as a necessary evil. Every SRW has at least one bad show in it's lineup, usually more.
>>
File: Medieval Brave.jpg (91KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
Medieval Brave.jpg
91KB, 820x820px
OH MAN I cant wait for this thing to appear in X-Omega
>>
File: DAqynNtWsAAMAb_.jpg (86KB, 760x423px) Image search: [Google]
DAqynNtWsAAMAb_.jpg
86KB, 760x423px
>>
File: smug red man (4).png (201KB, 719x468px) Image search: [Google]
smug red man (4).png
201KB, 719x468px
>>15564541
Isn't that just more X-Ω
>>
>>15564564
There's clearly bullet points other than the X-O one.
>>
>>15563844
F Final wasn't written by retards like Z3 is.
>>
>>15564589
It will be X-Omega, Dancouga and Great Mazinkaiser models, and results for the swimsuit contest. Nothin particularly exciting, but you can always expect some surprise
>>
>>15563546
Are you joking? Saburota has the best Aesti in terms of stats and attacks, the only thing Buttercups have over him are combo attacks.

Compare to Akatsuki who when he returns in W is a total piece of shit, his unit only has a machinegun attack. You're better off sticking him in the X-Aestivalis, that unit is always bad but still much better than Aestivalis II.
>>
>>15563543
>Listening to that piece of shit Brunom
>>
>>15564541
Last time it was 6 (SIX) fucking hours and it was
·Shilling for V's Crusade (and its DLC)
·Shilling for mobage
·Shilling for the MEG SRC
·Shilling for the SD Alt
·Terada and Morizumi talking about shit that coulda happened but didn't

So this is probably just gonna be
·Shilling for mobage
·Terada and Satake saying shit no one cares about regarding V (doubt it'll be more DLC)
·Shilling for another SRC
>>
>>15564643
>You're better off sticking him in the X-Aestivalis, that unit is always bad but still much better than Aestivalis II.

It was ok in BX as I recall. It just joined unreasonably late.
>>
>>15564731
Nah, instead of V stuff we'll get another look at a what-could-have-been. Last time it was Shin 2, this time it'll be D 2.
>>
File: 10962-7.jpg (108KB, 700x1065px) Image search: [Google]
10962-7.jpg
108KB, 700x1065px
https://youtu.be/89kUxDNSC_o?t=1051
Can anyone tell me the name of this 08th MS Team Track?
>>
>>15564787
>those filters
>>
>>15564752
Why would anyone ever use the X-Aestivalis?
>>
>>15564835
I ask the same thing about the Lunar Frame, but then people say I'm wrong and the shittiest of the Aesti frames aesthetically is actually not shit, so I'm sure the X has fans.
>>
>>15564731

Is it really shilling when it's your company that makes the games? I always thought shilling is when you pay someone else to do it for you.

This would just be advertising.
>>
I'm a shape shifter
At Poe's masquerade
Hiding both face and mind
All free for you to draw

I'm a shape shifter
What else should I be?
Please don't take off my mask
Revealing dark
>>
>>15565026
Real talk here: Persona in SRW fucking when? They could just turn the Personas into giant robots. I mean, take a look at the end of 5, they obviously wanna do it.
>>
>>15565026
an river
>>
File: Literally Buckets of Cum.jpg (378KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Literally Buckets of Cum.jpg
378KB, 1280x720px
>when you get ZERO to 400 CQB, 15 upgrades, and using Final Breast Nova with Valor and Smash Hit enabled

I think I need to call a doctor, these aren't supposed to last more than 4 hours
>>
>>15565090
Linebarrels is the closest thing next to Evangelion
>>
>>15565090
Waddup Gundam
>>
File: dis astranagant.png (230KB, 433x690px) Image search: [Google]
dis astranagant.png
230KB, 433x690px
>>15565090
alpha 3
>>
>>15565377
Fuck, now it's playing in my head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2vggp29gY
>>
File: 358.jpg (618KB, 1896x2668px) Image search: [Google]
358.jpg
618KB, 1896x2668px
uh yeah
srw when
>>
In L, are there any permanent advantages to leveling up? Obviously, you get more spirits, SP, and skills. But there's nothing like the BP system that's in J and W that lets you carry over those points to an NG+, right?
>>
>>15565019
Shilling has a better ring to it
>>
>>15565399
>tfw this cool as fuck design will never return
>>
>>15565399
Pretty much Cross Ange with more Crosses and Deus VUlt
>>
File: MAXIMUM DRIVE.png (545KB, 917x633px) Image search: [Google]
MAXIMUM DRIVE.png
545KB, 917x633px
>>
>>15565881
Drive made Double obsolete as a Kamen Rider series and isn't worth watching anymore.
>>
>>15565891
Double's designs are cool though.
>>
>>15565891
I still wonder why we haven't gotten Super Cop Wars yet.
>>
File: What Sun.jpg (158KB, 631x881px) Image search: [Google]
What Sun.jpg
158KB, 631x881px
>>15565906
Only on your dreams...

The Gavan vs Dekareanger thing going on is a scale-down version of this, actually...
>>
>>15565717
No. But that really shouldn't matter, because the rate SP climbs in L means you want to be as high leveled as possible.

>>15565721
It's also incorrect, though. The anon was right - shilling is when someone pretends not to be affiliated but is getting paid for advertisement, and there's no way an fucking official SRW stream can be counted.

>>15565906
Because they'd need the cast list for that.
>>
>>15564731
Did anyone record last time's stream and got a link?
>>
>>15565937
>Because they'd need the cast list for that
Easy.
This >>15565933 plus Demonbane, Big O, Might Gaine,J-Decker, Patlabor, and Active Raid.
>>
>>15565997
>Demonbane
>Big O
The cops in these were completely ineffectual and almost irrelevant though. Roger's status as a former cop is completely debateable and Kurou is a private detective
>>
>>15566004
They're in for more "criminals-riding-mechas" variety, not for cops MC. Black Lodge is a special type of criminal but STILL.
Stone and Ness from Demonbane should provide some giggles though
>>
>>15566004
>>15566012
If we're doing toku and Demonbane we may as well add in W to that list as well.
>>
>>15565906
Not only that, but I also wanted Super Anime Wars.

J-Stars doesn't help at all
>>
>>15566055
Or simply Dominion Tank Police
I'm a bit surprised SRW hasn't used that already
>>
>>15566055
W is already in >>15565933 though?
>>
>>15565997
>Easy.

Easy if they're buying series to base their plots around, but they can't do that anymore, the budget doesn't fit. They get what series they can and then work on the game, not the other way around.

(Although back when they did work on the game and then get the series, the games tended to have plots that weren't really complex or interesting, so maybe it's for the best.)
>>
Think we'll get HD re-releases of OGs, OG Gaiden, and OGs 2 On the PS4? Would be a good opportunity for them to get translated.
>>
>>15566240
No
>>
>>15566240
HD releases are mostly an American thing, Japan doesn't rebuy games unless its Pokemon or DQ.
>>
>>15566260
Did they buy Zero Mission?
>>
>>15566324
Probably not Metroid isn't popular in Japan
>>
>>15566324
> HD Zero Mission
This exists?
>>
>>15566446
Zero Mission is the HD remake, it's Metroid 1 only on GBA instead of NES.
>>
>>15566446
No, Zero Mission itself is a remake of the original Metroid.
>>
>>15566454
>>15566459
Well yeah, but it wasn't HD. That's what confused me. Zero Mission and Fusion were great, we didn't get enough GBA Metroids.
>>
>>15566468
It's HD compared to the original.
This is what Mattposters really believe.
>>
>>15560887
That's clearly supposed to be armor, you doof.

... he says, two days after the image in question was posted.
>>
>>15566532
That was half a joke and half "wow they didn't even attempt to make the unit match the pilot, I guess making three goddamn units from Neo Byston Well was too much for them so they couldn't slightly modify how one looked".
>>
What new series for X-Omega will we get on 30th livestream?
Mazinger ZERO when?
>>
So how do you think SRW will handle IBO when it inevitably gets in? What other series do you think Banpresto would try to link close to it? Like say Nadesco or Al. Zero
>>
>>15566561
IBO will appear on X-O first along with Gundam AGE.
>>
>>15566561
>So how do you think SRW will handle IBO when it inevitably gets in?
Play it straight until the second season or else they're pretty much fucked and yes it'll most likely be paired with A/Z but that'll make things even more confusing given how fucked up both of their Governments were. If only both got the Z1 treatment as oppose to the "everyone is a terrorist" laziness of Z2.
>>
>>15566561
>So how do you think SRW will handle IBO when it inevitably gets in?

"hey lol there's like a whole shitton of aliens invading so we can't really be fighting each other (unless we're fighting those damn dirty traitors)"

Worked for Wing in 64 and D.
>>
>>15566561
four words

Battletech
the
Animated
Series
>>
>>15566181
>Although back when they did work on the game and then get the series, the games tended to have plots that weren't really complex or interesting, so maybe it's for the best.
>weren't really complex or interesting
Over the multiple Earths/dimensions/timelines bullshit they're pushing continuously nowadays to put all those unrelated series together ? Yeah I'll take the former.
>>
>>15566705
Boy I love literally every enemy faction just being a part of the Divine Crusaders and basically none of them have any autonomy.

Oh no, wait, this time it's different! Now they all work for Balmar. Except for that one guy who's totally different from the series he came from anyway.
>>
>>15566713
Tying the other enemies to the OGs is an unavoidable business in all games.
Meanwhile they wouldn't have to bullshit out some dimensional things if they have a coherent storyline planned from the start.
Know the difference.
>>
>>15566803
>Tying the other enemies to the OGs is an unavoidable business in all games.

No it isn't. Almost all the modern games don't just have every faction literally just working for the OGs and have no actual goals, wants, or needs outside of serving them. But that was a thing for the greater part of the Classics.

>Meanwhile they wouldn't have to bullshit out some dimensional things if they have a coherent storyline planned from the start.

Well, that depends entirely on what series are being used, doesn't it?

Like, say, imagine you're including series that have dimensional bullshit. Then it'd be unavoidable. And invariably every modern game has. (By which I mean: Every game since... jesus shit, actually looking at the cast lists, Alpha fucking 2 was the last time they didn't have at least one series with parallel universes and alternate universes and pocket universes and all that manner of bullshit. And it ALMOST did, but Gaogaigar Final wasn't in until 3 and some of the series that did have those earlier in the Alphas got punted out for 2.)
>>
>>15566803
>Tying the other enemies to the OGs is an unavoidable business in all games.

Did most of the enemies in V have anything to do with Gardim aside from the Gamilas?
>>
But like seriously:

>Compact 3: Escaflowne, Dunbine
>D: God Mars and Macross 7
>Scramble Commander: Dancouga
>MX: RahXephon, Machine Robo RoC
>GC: Dancouga, Raijin-Oh
>@3: Dancouga, Gaogaigar FINAL, Macross 7
>J: Dancouga
>W: Gaogaigar FINAL
>SC2: Dancouga, RahXephon, Dunbine
>Z: Orguss, Aquarion
>K: Kotetsushin Jeeg, Gaiking LoDM
>Neo: NG Knights Lamune, Raijin-Oh, maybe Liger iunno
>L: Kotetsushin Jeeg, Gaiking LoDM, Anime Linebarrels
>Z2: God Mars, Orguss, Aquarion, E7 Pocket Full Of Rainbows, Dancouga, Gurren Lagann
>Z2-2: See previous list but also add Macross 7 and the second GL Movie
>UX: Dunbine, Wings of Rean, sort of Demonbane
>OE: Dunbine, Dancouga, NG Knights Lamune, Raijin-Oh, Gurren Lagann
>Z3: Aquarion EVOL, Macross 7, Gurren Lagann and its second movie,
>Z3-2: See previous list but with Aquarion and very briefly Diebuster on it.
>BX: Dunbine, Raijin-Oh, SD Gundam Gaiden
>V: Cross Ange, Shin Mazinger ZERO, Might Gaine

Not even going to bother checking either Mobage as I know both at least have Dunbine on top of many other series.

Also if you add in time travel as another thing that adds series like Baldios, God Sigma, FMP, Nadesico/PoD, and Macross 30 to those lists.
>>
Is Robotech the first SRW
>>
>>15566838
No, that's "Grendizer, Getter Robo G, Great Mazinger: Kessen! Daikaiju"
>>
>>15566842
Huh well yea I guess that does predate Robotech
>>
File: SRWFscrander.gif (835KB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
SRWFscrander.gif
835KB, 320x232px
I'm about to start F Final on Saturn, I've got a previous save file from SRW F.
Anything I should know? How does the save data work on F Final? I keep all my units and upgrades?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIY53b10Y_U
>>
>>15566953
Fucking banjos.
>>
>>15566867
Yes, just load it at the begining of the game. Final is generally a ton easier than F, mainly because you actually get units worth a damn. Especially in the Real Robot department.
>>
>>15564835
I threw Akatsuki in it for the second half of SRW W since he was going to have one attack either way.
>>
>>15561076
Am i the only one who think that C3 Folka is vastly superior than his OG counterpart ?. His story seems much better without a crappy forced romance with a high school girl
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gxU4ZbI-hI
>>
>>15567129
I agree.
>>
>>15566561
I'd like to see it linked to Dougram.
>>
Any obscure /m/ show you want to appear in SRW?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX6B_bm-Tik
>>
>>15567581
Tri-Zenon is not that obscure.

Truly obscure shows often run into the problem of being very short and not really having proper time to show off enough attacks to justify being in SRW. Take Legaciam, for example, it can punch, it has some kind of cutter blade, and well, that's about it. Le Deus might work better, but I still get the impression that we didn't see the full extent of its abilities.
>>
>>15567129
>His story seems much better without a crappy forced romance with a high school girl

...so you think he was better when it was Leina Ashta?
>>
>>15566713
I actually liked that in the sense that there would be a variety in the enemies that could be sent after you.

Sometimes, the waves sent after you are just a hindrance than something to worry about
I honestly can't even remember if the Orguss foes had any bosses or not.
>>
>>15567747
Athena but IIRC you'll never fight her if you pick Setsuko's route and go down the paths that you're supposed to.
>>
>>15567747
It did but iirc, there aren't really any unique Orguss units outside of the Orguss units that Kei and Orson/Olson use and Athena's. Most of them are mook-like though.
>>
>>15567747
>I actually liked that in the sense that there would be a variety in the enemies that could be sent after you.

My problem is that it basically removes any villain interaction, and I think good SRWs require villains to be at least somewhat conflicting (even if they do begrudgingly work together for one reason or another).

>I honestly can't even remember if the Orguss foes had any bosses or not.

It had a few, but most of them piloted mook units aside from Athena and Orson. That's more series choice though I think.
>>
>>15566812
You're operating under the ill-conceaved notion that the argument is: All cosmic nonsense is bad

But this isn't the case.

The argument at hand is: Cosmic nonsense to justify the crossover is bad.

Your misunderstanding (either through lack of reading comprehension or juvenile confusion) can be seen here
>>15566833
For instance,
>UX: Dunbine, Wings of Rean, sort of Demonbane

Within UX, Byston Well is exclusively home to the Rean plot. It isn't an alternate world where stuff like Tobikage or the SD Gundam's come from as well (which, on its own, isn't particularly egregious).
The bigger conflict of UX that would be relevant here isn't these series. The relevant argument would be that the SD Gundams, Macross, Dunbine, Miku, and much of Tobikage is justified in the plot through what would be classified as "cosmic nonsense".

Same with Z3. The problem is in no way that, for example, the Gurren Team heads to the Anti-Spiral's pocket universe or Aquarion EVOL having that planet barren of women
The problem is the myriad of shambling dimensions and merging spatiotemporal continuums, existing independent from the Gurren Lagann and EVOL plots, to justify these series coexisting. That said, I do recognize that these is the larger plot of Orguss, so, in this case, things do get hazy, but even then, this is far after the initial events of Orguss in the first place and are likewise explained as the machinations of the original plot line, so it's ultimately a moot point.

In other words, the problem at hand isn't the existence of dimensions and universes within one or more of the series on the cast list, but the use of it within the original plotline to justify the crossover

Also,
>W: Gaogaigar FINAL
They didn't use the alternate dimension in W.
>>
>>15566594
>MY HOME PLANET
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThVjW3bO5SU
>>
>>15567856
Talking about dimensions (vaguely related), many /m/ series have some sort of dream-world sequence 1-2 episodes before the ending. Which games have combined a whole bunch of those dream worlds into one?
>>
>>15567863
Every thread.
>>
>>15567856
>In other words, the problem at hand isn't the existence of dimensions and universes within one or more of the series on the cast list, but the use of it within the original plotline to justify the crossover

But you were blanket stating that cosmic nonsense has been a massive problem in recent years, which is nonsense run under your description. Are you decrying BX and L for doing similar things you just described Z3 and UX doing was fine for?

>They didn't use the alternate dimension in W.

Whether or not they completely ruined a series integration is entirely beyond the subject. There's more than enough "cosmic nonsense" in W involving FMP and Nadesico anyway, and the OG plot is riddled with it.
>>
>Everyone freaking out over the final boss of Persona 5 being voiced by Shuichi Ikeda (Char Aznable)
>Nobody even bats an eye and points out that the first boss of Persona 5 is the voice of Hyouma Aoi from Combattler V.
>Persona 5
>Combattler V
>Persona V
>Combattler 5

And to think you call yourselves mecha anime fans.
>>
>>15567920
That guy's still doing voice-work? I had no idea.
>>
>>15567920
He's not the final boss, though.
>>
>>15567909
>But you were blanket stating that cosmic nonsense has been a massive problem in recent years, which is nonsense run under your description. Are you decrying BX and L for doing similar things you just described Z3 and UX doing was fine for?\
I'm not the anon you were arguing with in the first place. I was simply addressing the disconnect between the subject you were addressing versus the subject initially brought up.

>Whether or not they completely ruined a series integration is entirely beyond the subject.

The point was a mere aside that identified that W didn't use FINAL's alternate dimension. Any other interpretation beyond that is a moronic extrapolation.

>There's more than enough "cosmic nonsense" in W involving FMP and Nadesico anyway,

Again it seems you've failed to make note that this isn't the point being argued here. Do take the time to read the previous post once more.

>and the OG plot is riddled with it.

Only two instances of it: Blessfield Boson Jumping to the past and the Es escaping the death of the previous universe.
But once again you fail to comprehend the argument in question. The more relevant pieces of information would be that the Galra Empire, Altea, and the Trinary Solar System all come from the previous universe in W.
>>
File: begone.png (363KB, 710x536px) Image search: [Google]
begone.png
363KB, 710x536px
>>15568027
Begone.
>>
>>15568027
There's already a discord invite in the OP, which I haven't joined because
>Discord
is there really a need for another.
>>
>>15567955
He basically was, because the actual final boss was fucking Necron.
>>
>>15567920

Well I mean he wears Char's helmet and all
>>
>>15567922
Well, the guy was self-taught, after all. Would be a waste if he didn't make good use of his skills honed throughout the years.
https://ogiuemaniax.com/2010/09/10/mitsuya-yuuji-throughout-combattler-v-a-lesson-in-voice-acting/
>>
File: Nearly there.png (375KB, 699x678px) Image search: [Google]
Nearly there.png
375KB, 699x678px
Ok, need to consult something before I begin editing the final details this week...

Should I include Roa and Emi on this? I talking about their forms in the Compati Hero games, not Fighter Roa and Emi that are piloting the Compatikaiser in OGs now. If yes, which game especifically?

Similar question for Banprekid and Great Kaminarimon.

Units from Endless Frontier EXCEED, Tekkyu Fight, Great Battle I, BX and the entire Z series added. File is 107 MB. Now to sort this mess...
>>
>>15568153
Why not have show their form evolution as well?
>>
The gundam routes in SRW V weren't as bad as I was expecting them to be, not the same fun as the super robot routes but still enjoyable. Probably a lot better thanks to it being the second run but I fucked up on recruiting Loni and kind of kicking myself. There is always a third run but I might take a break from V and try out super touhou wars. Has anyone here tried those?
>>
>>15568240
I played the first one and its a blast, the musics amazing most if not all the animations and battles are awesome and fun, and its incredibly challenging to boot, bosses Reviving using spell cards that benefit them and making it harder for you. Really fun, Im just sad I cant play the newer games because my laptops shit
>>
File: shyenbaaz.png (110KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
shyenbaaz.png
110KB, 500x500px
A bit offtopic question regarding grids.
Do you think allowing diagonal movement (with increased movement cost) is a good idea, or do you think it will controlling areas too difficult?

I have to admit I haven't played whole lot of SRW games (played through 4th on SNES and some GBA ones), particularly not lettered ones, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on the matter.

Asking for reasons.
>>
>>15568312
have you played OE or NEO?
>>
>>15568333
Nope. Aren't they non-gridded? Are they worth checking out?
>>
>>15567920
I guess you could say I never saw it coming.
>>
>>15568337
They're non-gridded, yeah. All mapwork is on a 3D plane. Movement is moving a certain distance away from yourself.

>Are they worth checking out?

Neo is at least worth checking out. OE, I advise you quit before you get to far in, but the early stuff isn't bad.
>>
>>15562714
???
>>
>>15568337
Their movement is more like 40k or Valkyria, moving by distance instead of by tile. It'd work better if you could field more units on a bigger map, I think.
>>
>>15568363
>It'd work better if you could field more units on a bigger map, I think.

Neo had fairly big maps and eventually opened up a little in terms of units, though it came with a bevy of issues (only a single battleship which was an OG, it did take a while to allow more than 8 out at any given moment, there's general oddities in the movement system compared to OE, Range 1 is basically a death sentence, maximum movement range is capped even including Accelerate...).

OE - for the most part - shrunk map sizes and made it so the max deploy limit was much smaller.
>>
>>15566576
How the fuck is doing something different lazy, you lazy fuck.
>>
>>15568354
You'll figure it out eventually, I'm sure.
>>
File: 1467310556219.jpg (181KB, 475x608px) Image search: [Google]
1467310556219.jpg
181KB, 475x608px
>>15568418
>Z2
>something different.
>>
>>15568418
>Playing a show straight
>lazy

Imagine if Z1 followed Z2's logic then we would have never gotten to play as ZAFT and Shinn would have just been the badguy throughout.
>>
>>15561442

Customizable weapons having a special ability. Like a machine gun that amplifies damage from melee attacks once ypu max out the upgrade. Or a Missile Launcher that turns to a semi Map weapon by striking enemies nearby
>>
>>15568240
The games possess pretty high production value for a fangame. Music is good, and animation progresses from @3 in the first game to like Z-tier in the final game.

Battles are climatic with the multiple health bars from the spellcard system, and bosses gain new attacks upon the activation of the next spellcard.
The game places a premium on Fury rather than Hot Blood/Soul spam. You will find yourself pressed to fight using terrain/positioning on difficulties harder than Normal, which really adds tactical depth to the game.

Support defending and attacking also gain an emphasis in later games as bosses start to heavily punish dodge-tanks while getting beefier in terms of HP count. You'll need to squeeze out all the damage you can get on stages with turn limits for the bonus objective.

Also, the game really forces SP management on the player's part. Bosses are often given strong skills. Specifically, skills such as Prevail+ (a composite of Prevail and a dodge-equivalent of Prevail which increases dodge rate and hit rate based on how low HP is) forces players to use Fury or/and Strike in order to deal damage. Double Image and Blocking are also present on bosses, and an infamous boss has up to 70% Double Image and Blocking chance. Strike is definitely needed to hit the boss unless players are willing to Save and Load over and over.

Bosses and mooks actually use MAP attacks, and use them better over the course of the four games. By the end, most bosses have at least 1 MAP attack spellcard that you would really want to plan around/destroy in a single turn. It really challenges your setup/your placement of units if you wanna clear the stage with no units shot down.

Finally, with the introduction of Danmaku fields, the approach vector of your units becomes really important. Bosses with dangerous Danmaku fields possess special effects that nullify Invincible/Flash will change the composition of your attackers.
>>
>>15568240
>>15568649
Although movement, defense and dodge rate penalties may be nullified using Focused movement (a movement mode which lowers your movement range, makes you take a fraction of damage from dodging attacks [graze damage] based on [dodge rate*damage if it had hit] but gives you immunity to all but the special effects of danmaku fields), there is now the need to factor in different compositions that will allow you to move into position ASAP on maps that have a time limit for the bonus objective.

Overall, Gensou Shoujo Taisen is a game with considerable depth in terms of mechanics. It will impress you with its visuals (for a fangame) and its complexity in the later stages.
>>
>>15567920
>And to think you call yourselves mecha anime fans.
I don't play shitty JRPGs.
>>
>>15568649
>skills such as Prevail+ (a composite of Prevail and a dodge-equivalent of Prevail which increases dodge rate and hit rate based on how low HP is)
In the SRW games that's just called Prevail. Splitting it up into two separate skills is just a Sanbondo thing.

Well, I guess OE split it into multiple skills as well, but we don't talk about OE.
>>
File: breast fire.jpg (71KB, 788x581px) Image search: [Google]
breast fire.jpg
71KB, 788x581px
>>15568649
>>15568651
With how unsatisfied I've been with SRW's difficulty this sounds like a welcome change of pace. I went ahead of grabbed it, the first two levels on hard already made me play carefully so this is going to be a nice treat. Thanks for the rundown.

Do any of the touhou breastfire?
>>
File: 1449512961465.jpg (125KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449512961465.jpg
125KB, 800x600px
>>15568706
Hard is definitely the difficulty you want if you're looking for something of a challenge. Normal still gives you a lot of the interesting mechanics, but its difficulty drops off substantially around 15-20 stages in, and never really recovers. Hard is pretty well balanced all the way through.

>Do any of the touhou breastfire?
This one does.
>>
>>15568701
OE's Prevail is a bit different since they have vanilla prevail and a bunch of various alternatives that focus on particular stats.
>>
>>15568649
The fact that Fury/Direct Hit doesn't bypass Shield Defense in FMW is ass. Yuuka still turns into an rng sacking fest albeit for a different reason.
>>
>>15568701
Shame on me for having both Alto and Chirico with L9 Prevail in the Z games, yet forgetting about this fact. Thanks.

>>15568706
>>15568710
IDK, I'm not done with all the games, but the spoiler image says that Touhou's mazinger parody (Hisoutensoku) has breast fire.

There are many other parodies lovingly made by Sanbondo though. Check out the Gespenst Kick and Getter Battle Wing on Wriggle, as well as the Stoner Sunshine on Marisa. There's also Rampage Ghost and Reimu's Valkyrie Gunpod parody on the real robot side of things.

Oh, and listen carefully to the themes too. Sometimes you might catch a Touhou theme remixed to parody an SRW theme.
>>
>>15568710
>>15568752
You get the Hisoutensoku REALLY late, though. Like 3-4 stages before the final boss in the final game.
>>
>>15567581
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APfc5vs2dCs

I don't actually have any hope that it will.
>>
>>15567581
joke entry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YYki4IF65I

Reals entry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR7ktkOEeFw
>>
>>15568701
>>15568743
>>15568752
>OE Prevail
>Chirico

As a reminder, Abnormal Survivor was just a Prevail type in OE, and Chirico only unlocks it in Chapter 7 after multiple really fucking annoying VOTOMs scenarios where it would have been nice to have that.
>>
>>15568880
Chirico has Prevail: Abnormal (like his friends from Pailsen Files IIRC) and then he gets Abnormal Survivor on top of that.
>>
>>15568795
Is that Juurota Kosugi voicing the wolf?
>>
Is there any battleship unit that is even close to being OP as the Yamato in V? Closest I can think of is the Nadesico in J and the Battle 7 in @3.
>>
File: NPJH50521_00001.jpg (54KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
NPJH50521_00001.jpg
54KB, 480x272px
>>15568885
See, that'd make sense... but unless you have proof, that's not what it is. Chirico doesn't have an open spot for the Abnormal Survivor ability (note that in this pic before that stage he does have Prevail: Abnormal, which, yeah, all the Pailsen Files quintet get), and the OE Wiki says it's a direct replacement.

So unless you have an actual screenshot of him afterwards that shows otherwise, I don't believe it.
>>
>>15568886
>Is that Juurota Kosugi voicing the wolf?
You're pretty good at picking out voice actors
>>
>>15568906
Why don't you just play through the fucking stage and check after instead of sucking off a wiki?

>mattman
Oh wait.
>>
>>15568900
Valguard and Valzacard, if they count. Otherwise probably no.
>>
>>15568917
Did they actually count as battleship units, I forgot. But yeah Valzacard is probably the most overpowered original ever, even better you get it in the same stage you get Genesic GaoGaiGar.
>>
>>15568906
It replaces his third skill, not prevail.

Come on, Matt. It's not that complicated.
>>
>>15568914
>Why don't you just play through the fucking stage and check after

Because OE is a long goddamn game, long enough that you clearly haven't gotten that far either.

I'm fairly close, at least. Pretty sure this stage is the Gosaurer finale, so that's... what, just over a Story Mission length away really. Of course in late OE that implies like six infinite reinforcement stages so eh.

Also wow just realized I'm almost at Chirico's Ace, which is weird, since I've been focusing on the non-Chirico people in the VOTOMs squads. I guess all those force deploys and the solo deploys amounted for something.
>>
>>15568914
Hell, even just reading the wiki would work in this case. It's just that Mattman is an illiterate fuck who doesn't actually read the things he's citing.
>https://www50.atwiki.jp/srwoe/pages/20.html
Note the Abnormal Ability skill that the Pailsen team gets (chance to boost crit rate and crit damage when at low hp). Also note Chirico's Abnormal Survivor skill, which is exactly the same, save that it also functions as a mirror-image equivalent (guaranteed dodge if it activates).

Gee, I wonder which skill it replaces?
>>
>>15568922
Valguard did. Valzacard didn't.
>>
>>15566561
>AZ
>MacGills joins force with the cuck
>Mika and Eggs having a talk.
>>
>>15569134
>>15569134

New Thread
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.