[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Unicorn Canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 10

File: Msn-06s.jpg (43KB, 300x403px) Image search: [Google]
Msn-06s.jpg
43KB, 300x403px
>>
yes but the whole event amounts to nothing since F91/victory still happens
>>
>>15049119
Yes.
>>
>>15049119

Well let's see it printed a fuck huge tons of cash.

It really takes a true genius to figure out if Banrise finds it canon.
>>
>>15049146
Origin's printing a shitload of cash too, yet it's considered an alternate retelling that does not supplant 0079.
>>
>>15049192

Oh don't worry Banrise will make it canon one way or another.
>>
>>15049119

desu senpai, they should branch out into 2 canon UC settings like starwars/marvel before and after disney.

inb4 gundam actually gets bought by disney too and shit hits the fan
>>
>>15049192
>it's considered an alternate retelling

It's not. The Origin OVA is very much canon now.
>>
>>15049282
>gundam actually gets bought by disney too

We could only hope to be so lucky considering how well those properties are doing now.

Also, Disney didn't create a trend of different canons with Marvel and Star Wars. Before Disney, Star Wars had a hierarchy for their canon which separated SW material 6 levels of canon. And the comic book industry is no stranger to having different continuities and rebooting/relaunching them.
>>
>>15049301
>It's not. The Origin OVA is very much canon now.
No its not.
>>
>>15049119
Animated = official

That's as close as you're going to get to "official canon". Sunrise made the show, so it officially happened in the UC timeline.
>>15049301
>>15049192
The Origin manga is a glorified doujin and is not canon at all. Wherever the Origin manga conflicts with established continuity, the manga is wrong.
The Origin anime is official, and has been altered from the manga version to fit into established continuity. Except for that bit where Tem bought Haro instead of Amuro building it, because FUCK THAT.
>>
>The Origin anime is official, and has been altered from the manga version to fit into established continuity

You mean aside from keeping stuff like Sasro Zabi and all the different EFF tech progression like Guntanks being around in UC0065 and Guncannons being everywhere?
Origin is an AU UC. Like Thunderbolt & Zeta: A New Translation
>>
>>15049119
Yes. But it changed nothing in the end.

Kind of sad, really.
>>
>>15049407
Sasro is from Tomino's novel.
The Origin *anime* Guntank is the TX-65, not the RX-75, and the proto-Guncannons were a single (failed) deployment that didn't even have the Core Block System. Neither of these early type MS retcon the RX-75 or RX-77 prototypes from Mobile Suit Gundam Episode 01 the way the Origin *manga* did.
>>
>>15049282

Star Wars doesn't have two canons now; it has two continuities but only one of them is canon. Legends is no longer canon, because there only ever really is one canon.
>>
>>15049407
>Origin is an AU UC. Like Thunderbolt & Zeta: A New Translation

ANT is the only true UC AU.

Everything else is official canon and happen within the same continuity.
>>
>>15049444
>Everything else is official canon and happen within the same continuity.
lol
Anon, even the creator of Thunderbolt knew that they were being given an AU so they could do what they wanted with their story.
>>
>>15049428
The point of the Guntanks isn't that they're from the same line, it's the fact that the 0079 Guntank is THE first Guntank, so having a predecessor to any extent is already a change since a tank MS like that didn't exist.
The Guncannons fought in a battle that originally didn't have MS, so their presence is a retcon because going from "EF lost this battle because of not having MS" to "EF lost this battle because they had shit MS".
And none of Tomino's 0079 novels had Sasro and everything else about him on the internet is Origin related.
>>
Mobile Suit Discovery, the MS-V series for The Origin OVA, features a different development history from both the manga it's adapted from and the original main timeline.
>>
File: 1452138621312.gif (3MB, 580x328px) Image search: [Google]
1452138621312.gif
3MB, 580x328px
>>15049119
idk, but I'm glad you made this thread
I've never watched Unicorn, and I saw CCA forever ago, but I Sazabi is my brother's favorite MS, and I bought what I just now understand to be an RG Sinanju, thinking it was a Sazabi kit. I've never seen Uni, so I had no idea there was even a Sazabi clone out there that I could mistake it for. Now to see if I can next-day order a Sazabi...
>>
>>15049465
The RTX-65 isn't a MS, it's a big fucking tank. The RX-75 actually did have predecessors in original canon. In the original canon, the Type-61 Tank was on its way out, to be replaced by the never-animated RTX-44 before news of Zeon's mobile suit development reached the EF. The original plan for the RTX-44 was heavily reworked from a main battle tank into an anti-MS battle tank. Then the EF got a hold of a few Zaku, rebuilt them into Zanny, and cranked out the RX-75 as not only an upgrade over the RTX-44 design but also integrating Project V's Core Block System.

Origin's RTX-65 effectively replaces the RTX-44 in continuity, not the RX-75. It may be called a Guntank, and may even be called a mobile suit by the gunpla box, but it does not alter the fact that Hayato's Guntank is a brand-new Project V prototype. The same goes for the early-type Guncannons. Unlike the Origin manga, they are a slightly earlier attempt and do not retcon Kai's RX-77 into being an older model like the manga did.
>>
>>15049498
How did you stuff up that bad, anon? Not only is there not a RG for the Sazabi (something a quick google can show you) but the Model Number is different (something which a quick google of can tell you then name of the unit).
Also there's the fact that the Sinanju has black&gold on it while the Sazabi is primarily red with very little gold.
>>
>>15049529
>Zanny
>From a game that came out in 1996
>Official Canon
>>
File: 1456793758957.gif (193KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1456793758957.gif
193KB, 400x399px
>>15049534
Because I bought it at a store, not online.
>>
>>15049540
Your phone doesn't have internet? You never talked with an employee? Hell, you must have googled it when you got home and discovered what it was since you're here so why didn't you take it back and exchange it?
>>
>>15049554
Why would you suggest someone return a Sinanju?
That thing is pure sex.
>>
>>15049554
Why would a google something to find out what it was if I thought I knew what it was, and in fact did not know that there was even another MS out there that looked like it? I was mistaken, but you don't know what you don't know; it's an unknown unknown.
>>
is Hathaway's Flash canon?
if so, does that make Beltorchika's Children more canon than the CCA movie?
but the new sequel to Unicorn, Twilight Axis has the Sazabi in it and not the Nightingale.
And then there is High Streamer where most of the really important events of Volume 1 that build up to Char's rebellion are skipped over by both the CCA movie and Beltorchika's Children.

CCA canon is fucked
>>
>>15049592
All of the late-early UC is fucked
>>
>>15049569
Then how did you know you got the wrong unit?
>>15049567
I wouldn't personally return one but if you're trying to get a specific unit and buy the wrong one, somehow, then you should return it to get the right one.
>>
>>15049592
Anime is official history.
Manga and novels are not.
>>
>>15049119
We already have a unicorn thread, check the list before creating a new stupid thread for the same shit.
>>15003606
>>
>>15049379
>that bit where Tem bought Haro instead of Amuro building it
Just watched Origin OVA 3, that line got left out (thankfully).
>>
>>15049698
Don't be a dick.
>>
>>15049768
Don't be a child.
>>
>>15049698
Nobody cares about your shitty thread. Especially not with an OP that you can barely read.
>>
>>15049119
Yes.
>>
>>15049451
>creator of Thunderbolt knew that they were being given an AU so they could do what they wanted with their story.

It doesn't matter if the end product is considered canon.
>>
>>15049451
For the manga.

And then Katoki came around and modified the designs for the Anime.
>>
>>15049119
>>15050075
I agree with you, gundamrager, nobody cares about your shitty thread. No wonder you have to make dozens of them every day.
>>
>>15049407
>Origin is an AU UC. Like Thunderbolt & ZZ + Unicorn
Fixed
>>
>>15050151
>ZZ
It's canon. Get over it.
>>
>>15050226
Movie timeline takes priority. The fact Bandai turned Unicorn into a TV series is icing on the cake.
>>
autismspeaks.org
>>
>>15050239
>Movie timeline takes priority
>Zeta movies with their inconstancies
The Zeta retelling has its place, but not when you're trying to map out a UC timeline where ZZ fits in.
>>
>>15050260
Do you know who the retard you're talking to is?
>>
>>15050267
nope. I honestly didn't even see it was a tripfag until you pointed it out. I now regret even replying to them.
>>
>>15050260
You really haven't thought through your statement have you?

if you remove ZZ and Unicorn, you can't say that can't connect ANT and CCA.
>>
>>15050282
>you can't say that can't connect ANT and CCA.
Except for the part that directly references ZZ.

What the fuck am I doing I? I just told that other guy not to waste his time with this shit.
>>
>watch the ending of unicorn
>feels like a really positive ending to UC were the federation and zeon get cucked at the same time and newtypes are revealed to be the hope for the future
>remember late UC exists and hear hathaways flash is getting animated next
>also according to tomino after turn a the earth sphere went to a new dark age and then g reco happened

why is the UC universe such suffering?
>>
>>15050321
Don't cry, Al. There'll be another war soon!
>>
File: bait.jpg (28KB, 550x633px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
28KB, 550x633px
>>15049119
Anyone else here too lazy to read the official sources?

this is literally a bait thread for retarded people.
>>
File: meep.jpg (26KB, 276x163px) Image search: [Google]
meep.jpg
26KB, 276x163px
>>15050321
unicorn is uc blackface
>>
>>15050352
Chars counter attack ends in the same manner dude, showing newtypes to be the hope for the future.

If anything, unicorns biggest flaw is all the ending does is re use the same theme as chars counter attack but this time ape eureka 7
>>
File: bored jetpack guy.jpg (173KB, 733x586px) Image search: [Google]
bored jetpack guy.jpg
173KB, 733x586px
>>15050360
unicorn does all the beats of uc just because hey it's uc and wants to cram everything in
>>
>>15050402
Unicorn really did feel like a 'Universal Century Greatest Hits Remastered' series.
>>
>>15049444
You can't possibly mean that the 0079 movies are canon, too.
>>
>>15049119
If you want to

Nobody cares about unnecessary shit called "canon" in here, Asia. If its cool, we'll buy it.
>>
>>15050924

> nobody in Asia cares about canon
> this meme again
>>
>>15049123
I liked Victory, but I was an easily amused kid when I watched it. V2 Gundam was pretty cool.
>>
Unicorn is canon but the events within it caused no change to the UC since the shows that take place after it were made before, so in a way its message of hope rings hollow when Full Frontal was right about nothing changing.
>>
This thread stinks samefaging
>>
>>15049119
OP Why are you replying to their own shitposts? are you retarded?
>>
File: Screenshot_20161224-113628.png (149KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161224-113628.png
149KB, 720x1280px
>>15051056
>>>15049119 (OP) (You)
>OP Why are you replying to their own shitposts? are you retarded?
>>
>>15050984
Not meme when is true anon

The only one who care about it with passion in here was also a diehard capeshit.
>>
>>15049771
Don't be a dick child.
>>
>>15051191

Yea, Nintendo legitimised a set of fan theories to a set canon of multiple timelines because no-one cared. Not even the people who made the fan theories in the first place. And Shoji Kawamori had to explain multiple times how Macross canon works because no-one cared. And Tomino had to comment on whether G-Reco was before or after Turn-A and UC because no-one cared. Asian people don't care as much about canon in general, but some of them definitely do. And enough that creators have to comment on it at times. So yes, it is in fact a meme to repeat that people in Asia don't care about canon.
>>
>>15051182
nice edition

>>15051056
Don't waste your time! Some people just don't know when to stop.
>>
>>15050830
Of course they are.

>>15050298
>Thinking ZZ is canon.
>Thinking anything in CCA directly references ZZ
>Thinking any plot holes that did exist weren't filled by Tomino with ANT
Go ahead child, try and list off the inconsistencies that can't be reasonably addressed.
>>
>>15051283
Haman
>>
>>15051317
Watch the end of ANT.

Post your next point to be shot down.
>>
File: devils avocado.png (142KB, 555x564px) Image search: [Google]
devils avocado.png
142KB, 555x564px
>>15050830
>0079 movies are canon

You can definitely build a case for it. Much of the TV show has a lot of extra stuff that were only in the show to sell the toys and extra filler that contributes nothing to the actual story or character development. The movies are much leaner and lack a lot of the pointless fluff showing a much more straight forward interpretation of the 0079 story without the TV producers and toy makers' influence of the show.

The actual changes from the show to the moves are pretty minor and don't change the plot points of the story. For all intents, the movies are just a contracted form of the TV show.
>>
>>15052812
The 0079 movies are canon though. Sunrise has said as much before. Also Hayato's Guncannon is in Zeta and Char's Counterattack shows Sayla piloting the Core Booster.
>>
>>15052832
Also all of the modern references to M'Quve dying while protecting Zenna and Mineva Zabi as they escaped to axis.
This would make the movie trilogy or the origin more canon than the original series.
>>
>>15049379
>Except for that bit where Tem bought Haro instead of Amuro building it, because FUCK THAT.

Yeah, that was a bit disappointing.
Here's hoping the next episode shows Amuro rebuilding Haro himself, using things he's learned from his father's work.
>>
>>15051283
You do know tomino himself said that ant's ending doesn't make zz not canon
>>
No Tomino or Yas = not canon imho
You can believe whatever you want though.
Reminder that every single retard that hates Origin is a subhuman /a/utist
>>
>>15049428
Tomino novel also had Amuro killed.
>>
File: plb0.png (855KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
plb0.png
855KB, 960x720px
Shouldn't we all just accept that UC canon is a broken and ever-changing thing that isn't even worth worrying about anymore?

The continuity barely even matters, except for explicit stuff like 0079>Z>ZZ, so I just view all UC stuff as standalone stories that occasionally reference other standalone stories.
>>
>>15049119
No
>>
>>15053339
>Citation needed
>>
>>15052812
> and extra filler

there's no fucking filler because MSG isn't adapting from a manga or novel source and needing to put extra episodes in to retain air time. In fact it was fucking cancelled before its airtime completed.
>>
Probably, but its honestly kinda irrelevant if it is or not. The next thing to happen is like 40 years later and is so divorced from the rest of the timeline that comes before that it might as well be an AU.
>>
>>15049119
Yes
>>
File: great again.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
great again.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>15060806
Drawing out scenes and adding scenes to pointless subplots and showcasing the latest toys to fill the runtime of a half-hour show is rudimentary filler.
>>
>>15064619
no it's fucking not. Learn to use words correctly or you just going to get called out on trolling.

Filler are original anime episodes that were not part of the manga or light novel source material. They are done purely to have an episode during air time. See DBZ Goku and Picolo getting a driver license episode.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.