[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any math whizes out their want to explain this to my retarded

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: leliel.jpg (87KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
leliel.jpg
87KB, 800x800px
Any math whizes out their want to explain this to my retarded English major ass?
>>
>>15015968

It's literally just a 11-dimensional sphere casting a "shadow" into our 3-dimensional reality

It's like when you try to turn a sphere inside out and end up with a flat plane, but in reverse.
>>
It's magic. I ain't got to explain shit.
>>
The math mumbo jumbo is the Dirac equation.

So yeah, it's quantum mechanics; I ain't gotta explain shit.
>>
>>15015968
It's a cartoon.
>>
>>15015968
>Any math whizes out their want to explain this to my retarded English major ass?

Dirac was an english physicist and in the late1920s he discovered the equation that bears his name. In its original form Dirac's equation is a relativistic variant of Schrodinger's equation. Schrodinger's equation is valid only for non relativistic quantum mechanics and it couldn't account for a number of physical effects. Dirac's equation could and one of the consequences of this equation was the discovery of antiparticles (first in theory then some years later in experiment).
>>
>>15016068
But why? And how?

Isn't it just random numbers tossed together? How can it account for actual physical matter?
>>
>>15015996
>11-dimensional
Excuse me what how does that work
>>
>>15016121
The numbers aren't random. Those symbols each represent a different physical property. You know, like algebra. The equation describes the relationship between those properties. Specifically: momentum, wave function, charge, the speed of light and Planck's Constant (energy divided by frequency). If you know some of the properties of a particle, you can know what the others must be, by using the equation. Why is that equation right? Well, no one can really answer questions like that. It's not really within physics' bailey to find out why the laws of physics are the way they are, it's just interested in figuring out what they are.
>>
File: lovably weird.jpg (971KB, 952x1024px) Image search: [Google]
lovably weird.jpg
971KB, 952x1024px
>>15016005
nope, Orgone
>>
File: cross eyed.jpg (30KB, 439x258px) Image search: [Google]
cross eyed.jpg
30KB, 439x258px
>>15016222

Okay but how are we getting said properties

I think what always confuses me about complex equations is where the starting point is.
>>
In other news: STEM dropouts surprisingly make more interesting anime than full time animators that actually did art school.
>>
>>15016256
People made observations about the physical universe. Get enough of those observations, and you start noticing patterns. Once you notice patterns, you can conduct experiments to see if the patterns were just coincidence or if there was a direct link. Once you know the patterns aren't coincidental, you can apply mathematics to codify them. Your math will likely not be completely accurate (as was discussed here, Dirac's Equation turned out to only apply for a limited set of wave functions), but it will be closer to the underlying patterns of the universe. From there, you can refine your math by seeking out those cases where it doesn't apply and figuring out why not. Then you make new math to explain those cases, and then usually have a really difficult time reconciling the new math with the old math. You know they're both right in their specific cases, but you can't figure out a general equation that describes both. That last step is where physics is right now in the real world. We have all these equations for specific cases, but linking them all together into a unified whole is difficult.
>>
>>15016285
I always found it interesting that the best story-tellers are STEM majors that are also interested/involved in art.

Best of both worlds, maybe? Smart and creative is a good mixture.
>>
>>15016285

But Anno got kicked out of art school for failing to pay his tuition.
>>
>>15016213
Well first you square a square.
>>
File: Haro_(Mobile_Suit_Gundam).jpg (8KB, 206x203px) Image search: [Google]
Haro_(Mobile_Suit_Gundam).jpg
8KB, 206x203px
haro
>>
>>15016285
But Anno is neither
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.