[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Forgotten gems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 20897l.jpg (74KB, 320x450px) Image search: [Google]
20897l.jpg
74KB, 320x450px
I watched part of Ninja Tenshi Tobikage (called Ninja Robots) when I spent a summer in India. Been trying to find torrents for this show, but fuck I can't find anything. The show looked good from what I can remember. I think it has a Blu-ray remaster, but Yoroiden Samurai Troopers doesn't.
>>
Inb4 mattman
>>
>tobikage

i always thought he was from GGG. huh
>>
There's a set of HK subs out there somewhere, I know. I don't think they're too Engrishy, but for some reason they change everyone's names.
>>
>>13852520
I just did a search, there is a Malaysian DVD out there with English subs. Just bought it on Ebay.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (27KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
27KB, 375x500px
Also, I just MIGHT do this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ninja-Senshi-Tobikage-Romina-1-6-PVC-Figure-Atelier-Sai-Free-Shipping-/272120451151?hash=item3f5ba4904f:g:fZ4AAOSwnLdWrdzP
>>
>>13852540
>do this
Hotglue time?
>>
>>13852550
Can't see myself ever doing that
>>
>>13852618
>Can't see myself ever doing that
But your eye will be wide open.
>>
>>13852465
>Yoroiden Samurai Troopers doesn't.
Seriously? Well it's only a matter of time.
>>
File: what.png (423KB, 547x372px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
423KB, 547x372px
>>13852465
I think Bakabt has the subs. They're crabstick though. Anime Sols did the first 15 episodes, but I don't know if those got saved elsewhere when they went belly up.

And, since someone already pointed out that I'd come to this thread, I may as well say the bit that everyone clearly expects and say that Tobikage isn't a good show.

>>13852520
Na, they're pretty bad.
>>
>>13852465
This along with dbz has huge nostalgia in pooinloo land.

As a kid when my family was a poorfag, only way to watch cartoon network was to go my rich (and bitch) aunt's house and watch their.

I remember about some robots and some lady looked like >>13852540 , but that's it.As a kinder garden student with no knowledge of english I knew jack shit what is happening.

Years later,now I know the name and always wonder what would had happened if they had showed gundam wing back then instead of putting 0079,Zeta and ZZ on Animax,which was limited to metro or tier-1 cities.
>>
>>13852509
Who was?
>>
>>13852772
>but I don't know if those got saved elsewhere when they went belly up.
Surf put them up on Nyaa, like everything else Sols did (and bless him for that, otherwise Polymar wouldn't have been readily watchable as quickly).
>>
As a little kid I thought It had was a sequel to transformers or something cause of Goldie being called cybertron
>>
File: 5fc798178ee06664782ccf29f3ca2753.jpg (198KB, 820x1029px) Image search: [Google]
5fc798178ee06664782ccf29f3ca2753.jpg
198KB, 820x1029px
any of you guys know Galvion?
>>
>>13854570
I didn't watch it yet but it looks awesome. I wish someone would upload BD rips.
>>
>>13854570
As far as I know, it wasn't finished. Either the creator died or he quit or something cause once it hit a certain point, it just...stops. It's got a great concept but I haven't seen anything from it, I just know it got abruptly cut off.

Got a great OP too.
>>
>>13854724
It got cancelled
>>
>>13854739
I gathered that, but there's a lot of shows that got cancelled that at least tried to resolve things, like Gundam X. As far as I know, Galvion...doesn't.
>>
>>13854724
Actually, the story goes that the toy company sponsoring the show pretty much went bankrupt (incidentally, not long before the animation studio Kokusai Eigasha went belly-up as well).

>>13854778
It just had a summary saying what happened after the last episode's events. Pretty much like Ideon's original TV ending.
>>
>>13854724
The toy company sponsoring it collapsed, so they just sort of lost backing midway without warning.
>>
I've been thinking about replacing the crabstick subs (beyond episode 15) with better ones, actually

The English script that was used to dub it into English was supposedly translated from Japanese to Spanish (this show also had a Spanish dub), and then from Spanish to English

I compared both the Spanish dub and the English dub to the first episode of the Anime Sols release, and interestingly enough the Spanish dub appears to be more accurate and closer to the original version in terms of dialogue.
>>
>>13854929
Huh, that's interesting. I assume you'll take on it after Dorvack (because I have a feeling that you'll know how Starseeker feels by the time you finish Tobikage)? Also, not to trouble you with these requests, but any chances of doing Time Bokan entries in the future? I understand that some of them got a Spanish dub, so that could help get around the wordplay humor barrier.
>>
>>13854971
Could you list the shows that got a Spanish dub? I can't guarantee that I'll translate them (i would need to know if the Spanish dubs are actually accurate to their respective Japanese version) but I can take a look at it.
>>
>>13854999
Sure thing.
>Time Bokan
>Yatterman (natch)
>Yattodetaman

That's it, although Otasukeman has an Italian dub, so that's better than nothing.
>>
File: 1426186076103.jpg (54KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1426186076103.jpg
54KB, 600x800px
Might as well bump this to say that Discotek's IGPX release is coming out this week, for those who are planning on buying it. Here is some best girl.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.