[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So like, when the Moonlight Butterfly nanomachines destroyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 21

File: turn-a-gundam-ep-2-b.jpg (40KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
turn-a-gundam-ep-2-b.jpg
40KB, 720x480px
So like, when the Moonlight Butterfly nanomachines destroyed all the metal above the surface of the Earth, does that mean the buttons and zippers on everybody's pants were also turned to dust?

That must have been weird.
>>
>>13851386
I'm pretty sure that the nanomachines just destroyed electronic tech. Explains why the only weapons that didn't turn to dust in the DOC base were the Gundam Hammers.
>>
>>13851386
Oh yeah the giant magnetic storms covering the earth and the destruction of all society with millions dead are ok but buttons and zippers?
we're fucked without those.
>>
>>13851434
doesn't explain how the gundam hammers still worked, those things had rockets and therefore need electronic control for the turn a to be able to activate the rockets
>>
>>13851386
>buttons and zippers

they're not all made of metal you know?
>>
File: 1432314796312.gif (450KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1432314796312.gif
450KB, 320x240px
>>
>>13851434
The weapons were sealed in an understanding vault
>>
>>13851571
Did anyone do work on the hammers? It's not hard to rig a fuse and some wires
>>
>>13852525
>understanding vault
I bet that could survive a direct nuclear blast.
>>
>>13851648
You must be 18 to post on 4chan.
>>
They wouldnt have been too concerned about nudity considering the whole magnetic storm going on

>>13851434
I dont think gym's katanas were electric anon
>>
>>13851386

They don't destroy metal or electronics, they destroy all technology. Which meant all clothes. And is no weirder than tribal societies that don't have them in the first place considering you'd be acting tribal just to survive regardless. The only things that survived at all were those that were stored underground, most of which were protected with nanoskin. The Turn-A and it's weapons weren't, which is why the rifle melts after a few shots in the opening fight, because the Turn-A's nanomachines never bothered to repair the external weaponry. The stuff in the DOC base had no nanoskin protection either, the hammers were just simple and rugged enough to survive the test of time compared to the rifles.
>>
>>13851386

According to this pic, Loran shaves his pubes. Interesting.
>>
I stopped 15 or so episodes into Turn A: couldn't stand how retarded literally every character was.
Should I try pushing through it?
>>
Wouldn't the MB kill them like Gym in the last episode?
My headcanon is that they hid in underground shelters or something.
>>13856819
Don't watch it, don't talk about it, move on with your life.
>>
>>13856819
Characters are all legitimately retarded, but I thought the charm of the series was enough to finish it.
>>
File: s1k bra.jpg (42KB, 301x277px) Image search: [Google]
s1k bra.jpg
42KB, 301x277px
>>13855006
>>
What does 「オーバーヒート」 mean?
>>
>>13857416
It says "the pleasure of being cummed inside"
>>
>>13857416
Overheat
>>
>>13856819
Yes. It honestly does get better after they finally get into space.

Of course, that's not saying much when it's fucking garbage beforehand, but still. Finish it so you can shitpost properly with the rest of us.
>>
>>13851571
>need electronic control for the turn a to be able to activate the rockets

Not necessarily. The motors for model rockets don't require electronics.
>>
>>13856819
>Should I try pushing through it?
No, it's over ratted shit. Spend your time watching a series with non-retarted characters like SEED, they actually act realistic in it
>>
>>13857688
But how does it trigger the rockets?

>>13857693
ayyy
>>
>>13857693
I unironically agree with this.

Flay at her worst > Sochie at her best
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1164x868px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1164x868px
>>13852637
>I dont think gym's katanas were electric anon

...Neither was Gym himself but that didn't stop the nanomachines from absorbing/destroying him.
>>
>>13856819
>Should I try pushing through it?

If you don't like it by episode 15 then just drop it. It's not for you.

The worse that would happen is that you will have to resort to shitposting in Turn-A threads.
>>
File: u done fucked up.gif (815KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
u done fucked up.gif
815KB, 500x281px
>>13857737
>Flay at her worst > Sochie at her best

Get a load of this edgelord.
>>
>>13857737
Post-dicking Sochie > Post-dicking Flay
>>
File: 43063510_p0.jpg (132KB, 724x1023px) Image search: [Google]
43063510_p0.jpg
132KB, 724x1023px
>>13857737

Fuck off Sochie hater.
>>
>>13857784
>you'll never cuck your wife with your young-grandma queen
>>
>>13857767
Both were annoying from the beginning. Flay got a bit better. Sochie got far worse.

>>13857784
Sochie never got dicked.
>>
File: 30057485_p0.jpg (115KB, 546x574px) Image search: [Google]
30057485_p0.jpg
115KB, 546x574px
>>13857801

Wrong on the first count buddy.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (143KB, 521x640px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
143KB, 521x640px
>>13855006
He's an adolescent male. He probably just doesn't have pubes yet.
>>
>>13857801
>Sochie
>not the best girl in all of Gundam
I mean, it's your shitty opinion and you're entitled to it, but all men of good taste will mock you for it anyway.
>>
File: sunglasses.jpg (15KB, 297x197px) Image search: [Google]
sunglasses.jpg
15KB, 297x197px
>>13857784
>Post-dicking Sochie
>>
File: 1207031589977.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1207031589977.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
I just came to this thread to say this:

Sochie is a goddess

Check the 23
>>
File: 13004342.jpg (608KB, 2386x2534px) Image search: [Google]
13004342.jpg
608KB, 2386x2534px
>>13857856

You got it.
>>
>>13857805
>Sochie
>Not annoying
Why do you people discuss shows you haven't actually seen?
>>
>>13857889

Sochie can be annoying at times (especially when Loran has to save her butt multiple times and she remains ungrateful). However, her motives are pretty simple to understand and she doesn't turn into some manipulative cunt for no reason unlike so many other female characters in the Gundam franchise. She also gets developed a lot through the course of series despite being in a supporting role.
>>
>>13857889
I don't get why people get so hung up on characters being disagreeable to themselves personally. Who cares? It's not like you have to hang out with them. Any moment where a baby cries in one of Tomino shows is easily far, far more annoying. Fuck that shit.
>>
>OPs image
Suddenly I have this strange urge to finally watch Turn A Gundam. Weird...
>>
>>13857856
>Sochie is so shit she gets cucked by a princess who gave up her position of power
One of the better parts of the series,
>>
>>13858730

Not really. Loran was fiercely loyal to Dianna and Sochie showed no signs of interest in Loran until the very end of the series. You can't just admit to the person who've you taken for granted for 2 years that you've been wanting that D all along and expect to get it the minute he walks out of your life. Real life doesn't work like that.
>>
>>13851386
It probably just killed most people outright. We see the MLB up close being used on a primitive town and it's like a massive sandstorm that blows apart everything.
>>
>>13858756
If he didn't care about Sochie, why did he kiss her in the first place?
>>
I don't get it

why didnt they just make a second turn a to defeat the turn x?
>>
File: 90678563464596.png (242KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
90678563464596.png
242KB, 500x500px
>A tundere character I actually like for once.
>Gets cucked in the end.
>>
>>13858766
Gym was surrounded by it and ended up inside a coccoon, not dead. Makes you wonder if there are some thousand-years-old people still trapped by nanoskin in Turn A.
>>
>>13858779
They didn't really need to
>>
>>13858771
Nobody said he didn't care about her.
>>
>>13858793
I phrased that wrong. If he had no intentions of being with her romantically, why kiss her? Wouldn't a simple hug suffice?
>>
>>13858799
Not the same guy, but that could be chalked up to cultural differences. I don't think Loran had any romantic interest in Sochie either.
>>
>>13858785
That was a relatively benign MLB. When Merrybell uses it to attack a town we can see how destructive it is even with a fraction of its power and in the Black History videos the Turn A actually leads a literal storm of darkness across the Earth.
>>
>>13858799
Because that's how anime writers think human relationships are like.
>>
>>13858785
>Gym was surrounded by it and ended up inside a coccoon
> not dead
[citation needed]
>>
>>13858789
If they had two, they could have defeated the turn x before the whole black history thing
>>
>>13858818
A cocoon generally means that when the thing inside it emerges, it will have evolved.

This is how artificial Newtypes are born.
>>
>>13858771

If he did care about her, why is he completely stone-faced when he kisses her? Why does he walk away without even looking back immediately afterwards? Why did it take him 50 episodes to show even that sliver of interest? Why did he not show the slightest bit of jealousy or interest when she was getting married? Why did he not try and deny it when Sochie said he'd be happier if her sister were around and not her?

Loran is one of the most emotionally stable and open characters in the entire franchise. If he's kissing a lost love or someone he regrets having to leave he's not going to be blank faced or bottle it up, but that's what he does when he kisses Sochie. He kisses her with no expression and then walks away without a word or a look while she breaks down crying. And then she chucks the single remaining possession of his she actually owned while still crying. Nothing about that scene suggests that it's the parting of two lovers.

My personal feeling is that Loran is supposed to end up with Dianna but that Tomino just didn't do a great job of it, because they don't really have much in the way of romantic interaction during the show and even the finale suggests more friendship or servitude than romance but it's not like that'd be a first for Tomino. It wouldn't even be the first time he's bungled the romance element of a Gundam show and just kind of winged it in the finale, since ZZ did the exact same thing with Judau and Roux. On the other hand, I can totally see that it might be a knight and queen thing where he's just supposed to be her servant and was never supposed to be more and there's just some scenes that suggest more by accident. I can't see Loran ever ending up with Sochie though.
>>
>>13858885

I don't even see why you'd want them to though personally since I think they'd make a terrible couple. Sochie is very demanding and aggressive and needs someone more akin to Gavane to challenge her and know when to push back against her, because Loran never did in the series and really never would. He'd just do what she ordered for the sake of some peace and they'd both be miserable and start quietly resenting each other, since neither is getting what they want out of a relationship. The same thing already happens in show, because Sochie can never understand why Loran does what he does and shows constant frustration at his decisions despite her attraction to him while Loran just kind of does what she orders when it's convenient or necessary, ignores her most of the rest of the time and occasionally grumbles about her in private when she gets unreasonable. That's not the basis of a good or healthy relationship.
>>
File: agent cooper thumbs up.jpg (27KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
agent cooper thumbs up.jpg
27KB, 500x375px
>>13858885
Holy shit, this is the most sense anyone has made explaining that rushed ending to me. Gonna save this for future use.
>>
>>13858885
>If he did care about her, why is he completely stone-faced when he kisses her?
>Why does he walk away without even looking back immediately afterwards?
Because he had to steel his resolve to leave her. Such weakness would only make it harder.
>Why did it take him 50 episodes to show even that sliver of interest?
You should rewatch Turn A
>Why did he not show the slightest bit of jealousy or interest when she was getting married? Why did he not try and deny it when Sochie said he'd be happier if her sister were around and not her?
Because he always felt a deep regret for lying to Sochie who had her father killed by his people. Loran is very loyal and felt like he betrayed her, so he took his own feelings out of the equations to do what he thought would be better for Sochie.
>Loran is one of the most emotionally stable and open characters in the entire franchise
Loran constantly ignores his own desires to do what he thinks is better for everyone. That's a core part of his character.
>Nothing about that scene suggests that it's the parting of two lovers.
Loran would never kiss someone for no reason.
>My personal feeling is that Loran is supposed to end up with Dianna
Except nothing about the ending implies that. Loran is duty bound to his queen, especially since he's one of the few people who knows about the switch. So he takes it upon himself to take care of no matter what.
>I don't even see why you'd want them to though personally since I think they'd make a terrible couple. Sochie is very demanding and aggressive
Which is why Loran, who is exceedingly patient and understand, is a perfect match. They always had that dynamic throughout the series.

>>13858933
Learn to think.
>>
>>13858968

> Because he had to steel his resolve to leave her. Such weakness would only make it harder.

He did a remarkably good job then, since literally nothing in the entire ending suggests that he's sad about doing so.

> You should rewatch Turn A

No, you should list some actual examples if you think they exist.

> Because he always felt a deep regret for lying to Sochie who had her father killed by his people.

That regret reached a head around episode 8 when he reveals his ethnicity because he's gotten tired of lying to both sides. There is nothing to suggest he feels any further regret to Sochie specifically regarding the incident after that point and he's not the type to blame himself for everything, including stuff that clearly isn't his fault like the firing of a gun by someone else that he had no command over or relationship with.

> Loran is very loyal and felt like he betrayed her, so he took his own feelings out of the equations to do what he thought would be better for Sochie.

If that were true then the show would suggest at some point that he was putting aside feelings for her, which is normally done by showing lingering feelings of some kind that a character has to quash. There is no scene like that with Loran.

> Loran constantly ignores his own desires to do what he thinks is better for everyone

Keith calls him on that during the show, which is why he starts to try and assert himself a bit more during the back half. It's why he says he doesn't want to dress up as Laura to steal back the Turn-A when they return to Earth for instance. That also doesn't make him emotionally unstable or closed off by the way.

> Loran would never kiss someone for no reason

It isn't for no reason though. It might not be the nicest reason in your opinion, but kissing someone to give them the one thing they've been hoping for all along even if you have no stake in it is still a reason.
>>
>>13859069

> Loran is duty bound to his queen, especially since he's one of the few people who knows about the switch. So he takes it upon himself to take of her no matter what.

Except she doesn't need taking care of. She could live in a city and hire servants, she could live in the sunbelt on a big estate as a recluse and just have one or two servants if she wanted solitude. As far as anyone is concerned she is Kihel and Kihel was young and private enough that no one could naysay her beyond Sochie, who has no reason to. If he wanted to live with Sochie, he absolutely could. Hell, he could have Dianna live with them and take care or her as a duty while loving Sochie if he wanted. There is no reason the ending could not have been that if Sochie was any kind of a priority for him.

> Which is why Loran, who is exceedingly patient and understanding, is a perfect match.

Loran is patient, but even in show he gets frustrated at her and vents in private because he's simply too polite to do it to her face. There is nothing perfect about that, because after a couple of decades you end up with a domineering wife who can only get satisfaction from pointing out her husbands failings (and probably openly cheating on him) along with a henpecked husband who is just a simmering pot of impotent rage looking for an outlet.
>>
>>13857889
You're the one doing that though.
>>
>>13859069
>but kissing someone to give them the one thing they've been hoping for all along
A kiss was not what she was hoping for. Are you autistic?

>>13859071
>Except she doesn't need taking care of.
She was living out the last of her days.

>because after a couple of decades you end up with a domineering wife who can only get satisfaction from pointing out her husbands failings (and probably openly cheating on him) along with a henpecked husband who is just a simmering pot of impotent rage looking for an outlet.
Stick to the show and keep your fantasies out of it.

Also, Japan already confirmed why Loran was living with Diana. Even if they didn't, it was obvious by the ending that they were not a couple at all.
>>
>>13859099
>Are you autistic?
How ironic. Not the same guy btw, but obviously he's saying that the kiss gave at least some romantic spice from Loran in Sochie's life.
>>
>>13859109
>but obviously he's saying that the kiss gave at least some romantic spice from Loran in Sochie's life.
But it didn't.
>>
>>13859099
>Japan already confirmed why Loran was living with Diana.
And when was this nationwide referendum held? I was under the impression Turn A was very poorly received, I had no idea Japan had to come together to confirm it for us.

>[citation needed]
>>
>>13859116
The illusion of it for at least that one brief moment. Don't be this pedantic.
>>
>>13859119
S R W
R
W

inb4 rabid denial
I know you're same dianafag that always shits up these threads with the same arguments
>>
>>13859122
>The illusion of it for at least that one brief moment.
There really wasn't.
>>
>>13859126
>S R W
Yeah, like that's ever been a proper source of canon.
>>
>>13859131
If the love of your life kissed you for a few seconds out of pity, it would not be a stretch to delude yourself for a while that the kiss was genuine.
>>
>>13859140
You forgot to mention the part where he's leaving her.
No, it would not be romantic. It's tragic. Of course, you would need human feelings to understand that.
>>
>>13859099

> Are you autistic?

Are you? I obviously didn't mean a single kiss is the only thing she was interested in, but that it was as close as Loran felt he could give her and wanted to before he left out of friendship.

> She was living out the last of her days

Oh, you're one of those guys. Well, I'm not going to argue that here, but let's say that's true for the sake of argument: so what? It still doesn't change that he doesn't actually need to leave Sochie to take care of her if he actually feels that need.

> Stick to the show and keep your fantasies out of it.

Ironic words coming from someone who's willing to make up motivations for Loran about feeling regret for hurting Sochie by lying to her about his birthplace.

> Also, Japan already confirmed why Loran was living with Dianna.

Yea, in Super Robot Wars. A fan made game where the writers regularly change shows to reflect what they want instead of what the show did.

> it was obvious by the ending that they were not a couple at all.

If it was obvious people wouldn't still be debating it 20 years later across a large part of the community that discuss it at all. The engagement ring doesn't help.

Still waiting on that list of scenes where Loran shows attraction to Sochie by the way.

>>13859126

And I'm sure you're the same Sochiefag that always shits up these threads with the same arguments.
>>
>>13859145
>The engagement ring doesn't help.
Who says it's an engagement ring?
>>
>>13859144
>tragedy and romance are exclusive
Yes she cried afterwards for obvious reasons. You don't need to pint out the obvious. It doesn't nullify the point though.
>>
>>13859150

> Correct finger for Japanese engagement or wedding ring
> Correct hand for Japanese engagement or wedding ring

Japanese ring conventions.
>>
>>13859145
>If it was obvious people wouldn't still be debating it 20 years later
People still argue about the moon landing(s) and the JFK assassination way later and those are obvious.
>>
>>13859152
No, those are western conventions. Don't apply western conventions to an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CULTURE.
>>
>>13859158

I'd say the same to you, but then, you think you're obviously right too so what would be the point.

>>13859161

No, those are the actual Japanese conventions on wedding rings.
>>
>>13859145
>but that it was as close as Loran felt he could give her
No it wasn't. Feel free to post proofs.

>Well, I'm not going to argue that here
Because you've proven wrong so many times.

>Ironic words coming from someone who's willing to make up post-marital drama fanfiction as an actual point
Fix'd

>A fan made game where the writers regularly change shows to reflect what they want instead of what the show did.
Like what? SRW follows general canon, but adds in other shows and plotlines.

>If it was obvious people wouldn't still be debating it 20 years later
You might have a valid point if you weren't totally wrong. People argue against things that have proven all the time (flat earth, climate change, moon landings etc)

>Still waiting on that list of scenes where Loran states his goal of trying to give Sochie romance before he leaves, his romantic relationship with Diana and how Tomino just messed up which is why it's not obvious that Diana and Loran are romantically involved
Fix'd x2
>>
>>13859150
>>13859152
It was the ring from Will Game. Watch the show.
>>
>>13858799
because his thing with dianna wasn't sexual, dianna had health problems from being frozen and thawed over and over, she didn't have much left to her life, loran was going to spend time with dianna until she died fulfilling her dream of dying on earth, then he was going to go back and be a family man with sochie
>>
>>13859173
>character motivation has to be explicitly stated in dialogue
Enjoying IBO?
>>
>>13859183
>it's only valid if it's my interpretation that has no evidence
Bravo chap
>>
>>13859180

Then why isn't Corrin unhealthy? He is built like a tank and is shown exercising.
>>
>>13859191
He was only frozen once and revived once. Diana went through the process many times.
>>
>>13859191
he wasn't constantly being frozen and unfrozen like dianna was
and we don't know that corrin is unhealthy, as dianna doesn't look particularly unhealthy either, the problem with the freezing is less in a physical change and more a magical you will die much younger than you normally would've disease
>>
>>13859173

> Feel free to post proofs

If there was proof of either side there wouldn't be a debate to be having in the first place. Asking me to post direct proof is a toothless argument designed to side step the issue entirely. I might as well ask you for proof that Loran loved her. A kiss doesn't prove that, since people who don't love each other kiss all the time in reality.

> Because you've been proven wrong so many times

I'm sure.

> Fix'd

I was willing to make up an extreme case extrapolation that occurs often enough in reality to be notable as a show of why it was far from perfect, yes.

> SRW follows general canon, but adds in other shows and plotliness

And they change what they don't like to reflect what they want: like SEED and especially Destiny for obvious Gundam examples.

> You might have a valid point if you weren't totally wrong

Right back at ya I guess.

> Fix'd x2

Again, you're just side stepping the issue and trying to remove yourself from it entirely. You said that I should rewatch Turn-A if I felt that Loran never showed interest in Sochie. So tell me where he shows interest in her.
>>
>>13859175

Will Game never gives her a ring and literally cannot have done so since he leaves with a promise he'll propose when he gets back. Watch the show.
>>
>>13859200
>people who don't love each other kiss all the time in reality
This isn't reality, fucktard, it's a fucking cartoon. It's not going to be some densely layered "he kissed her so that she doesn't feel bad but really he didn't feel anything for her, he wanted to be with her sister's clone". In anime a kiss is a kiss.
>>
>>13859200
>Asking me to post direct proof is a toothless argument designed to side step the issue entirely.
Even though you've been doing the same thing? That's right.

>hurr you're sidestepping
No, I'm pointing out flaws in your highly flawed arguments. Don't be mad.
>>
>>13859195

The problem that you're making up and just want people to accept is a real problem you mean? Because the show never says any such thing. The very most there is is Dianna saying "I can't be as energetic as you Kihel". Which is a far leap from "I'm dying".
>>
>>13859205
His ancestor had the ring and gave it to Diana. Watch the show.
>>
>>13859213
>the earth is flat!
There's a scene when they first arrive to the moon capital where they discuss the physical strain and complications with the process.
>>
>>13859208
But Lelouch and CC kissed that one time and they never had any romatic interest afterwards.
>>
>>13859214

His ancestor also never gave her a ring. He gave her a music box with a feather and a photo negative in it and nothing more. Watch the show.
>>
>>13859216

I'm pretty sure there isn't, but do you have an episode number handy to double check it out of interest? I'll just watch the episodes tomorrow or something if you don't.
>>
>>13859222
You clearly haven't.
>>
>>13859213
it's implied within the show, if not simply outright stated, I don't have a cap of it, because I didn't expect stupid fucks like you to have not paid attention then to get argumentative about it.
>>
File: Wills non-engagement.jpg (402KB, 1366x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Wills non-engagement.jpg
402KB, 1366x2303px
>>13859234

Here's Will Game's "proposal". He never asks for marriage, only says that he will. And then dies while on the trip, so he cannot have had a ring left to an ancestor because he never had a ring to give in the first place.

If you're so desperate to explain the ring you have to make up an entire subplot to explain it, then maybe you should just admit that at the very least the ring makes the ending rather confusing. If you do think he got a ring to Dianna though, then maybe you'll be kind enough to post a screencap of it.
>>
Moon is the best song in any gundam show. This is not debatable.
>>
>>13859252
I don't have any episodes on hand, but this perspective is widely accepted.

>At the end of the series Dianna permanently switches places with Kihel, and it is revealed that Loran took on a mission to leave Sochie behind, (hence the kiss) out of loyalty to Dianna and accompany her to a small peaceful cabin on earth, where he will dutifully watch over her until her inevitable death due to illness caused by long periods of hibernation (which is hinted at by her walking stick). The ring Dianna is shown wearing was not a ring of marriage to Loran but a memento of the orginal Will Game.

A wiki isn't solid proof, but unless you think there's some conspiracy going on then it's good enough to see that this wasn't an isolated interpretation.
>>
>>13859281

Well, there's a few immediate problems with that. For one, Will Game never gives her a ring, nor is it ever implied one was given to her by someone else on his behalf. Secondly, using a walking stick when walking in snow countryside isn't a sign of sickness, just of simple practicality. If it's just going to make stuff up to support it's hypothesis, then it isn't worth relying on at all as any kind of interpretation.
>>
>>13859287
>For one, Will Game never gives her a ring, nor is it ever implied one was given to her by someone else on his behalf.
That's just you denying it.

>Secondly, using a walking stick when walking in snow countryside isn't a sign of sickness, just of simple practicality.
No. You need a wide area to get better traction in snow, not a narrow stick. It wasn't for traversing snow.

>If it's just going to make stuff up to support it's hypothesis
Like you?
>>
>>13859295

> That's just you denying it.

Go on then, tell me where he gives it to her? Or are you just going to tell me that you don't know and shouldn't have to remember to tell people in denial of reality. I've been asking for someone to tell me where it happens for over a year now and I've yet to get a single reply of substance.

> You need a wide area to get better traction in snow, not a narrow stick.

Strange then that you can buy walking sticks specifically for travelling in snow to this day.

> Like you?

I've never made up an entire subplot for the show and insisted it was a real thing that happened. Where something was supposition or extrapolation on my part I've always tried to make it clear.
>>
When will you waifufags realize Tomino made an ambiguous ending
>>
>>13857699
>But how does it trigger the rockets?

Who knows? It's not explained anywhere where in the franchise how Gundam Hammers work. Probably a mechanical trigger that ignites a primer. Kind of like how firearms shoot bullets.
>>
>>13861174

It would be really easy to just make an impact-based ignition trigger. Without any electronic bits it would have to be solid fuel and thus burn out completely before stopping, which would be unpleasant if you've already hammered through something and want it to stop, though.

And remember: that hammer disintegrated too, just after some usage. The other hammers (presumably excavated from other locations) never do, despite Loran putting tons of stress on them. Perhaps there were electronics still intact (but what was powering them) simply due to... whatever happened not making it through the giant lump of metal. The MLB in full doomsday mode just annihilates stuff (like the town already mentioned), and the armory goodies held their shape until someone popped the freshness seal.

It was also in an armory presumed to be for Turn A's use, so that stuff crumbling at all makes no sense unless there was a faulty nanoskin on it or something. Or Turn A was too busy turning itself into a statue to give a shit, either/or.
>>
>>13859332

I'm a Sochiefag and I agree.
>>
>>13861667

> It was also in an armory presumed to be for Turn A's use, so that stuff crumbling at all makes no sense unless there was a faulty nanoskin on it or something. Or Turn A was too busy turning itself into a statue to give a shit, either/or.

Neither the Turn-A, it's weapons or the DOC station have any signs of nanoskin on them when we see them being uncovered that I recall. The only time you see nanoskin on the Turn-A is inside the cockpit covering the screens, and even that's relatively late in the show when they're uncovering the Will Game so may have been placed there by Horace for some reason. Which makes some degree of sense. The Turn-A doesn't need it, because the internal nanomachines handle everything, so putting nanoskin on it is redundant. The weapons and stuff in the DOC base aren't directly part of the Turn-A though, so don't get that automatic protection against the ravages of time and would need nanoskin to survive it, but didn't have it because I suppose no-one ever considered that the Turn-A itself would still be getting used thousands of years later.

The mobile suits, weapons and ships that are uncovered independently all have nanoskin on them but were presumably only covered in it to protect against the Moonlight Butterfly and provide a stash of weaponry to combat against it post disaster should it ever be used and not specifically to help people thousands of years down the line.
>>
>>13861887
I initially thought weapons crumbled because their old, too. However, IRL archaeologists have uncovered metal tools and jewelry that were up to 6000 years old in pretty good shape so it doesn't make much sense that the weapons in the anime that were sealed in an underground chamber would simply just fall apart. This could mean that the weapons crumbled because of the nanomachines and the Gundam Hammers no being electronic by nature were left intact.

However the DOC station seems to be working just fine since the elevator can lower the Turn-A down to the lower level (and back up presumably) and the lights are still on. That leads one to believe that the DOC station itself is hardened to work in a nanomachine environment. Which begs two questions: Why weren't those weapons hardened, too? Why didn't the rifle the Turn-A used when it awoke (and more exposed to the elements) fall apart like the ones in the DOC base?

I don't know. You can believe either two hypotheses: A) The DOC weapons crumbled because of old age and the first rifle had enough extra nanoskin to fire off a couple of shots before melting while the Gundam Hammers were just hardier in their construction. Or B) Nanomachines only target electrical stuff and were able to get inside the DOC base and leaving the Gundam Hammers alone because they aren't electronic and the DOC base itself was hardened against nanomachines while Turn-A's first rifle was protected by nanoskin and simply just overheated.
>>
>>13862531
Pretty good shape does not mean 'will eat proof loads all day'.
>>
File: turn a pt1.jpg (40KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
turn a pt1.jpg
40KB, 500x530px
>>
File: turn a pt2.jpg (71KB, 500x530px) Image search: [Google]
turn a pt2.jpg
71KB, 500x530px
>>
>>13862531

> However, IRL

Why are you trying to apply real life standards to an anime depiction of archaeology anon? Tomino has obviously put some thought in to this, but he's not an archaeologist, nor is he overly concerned with realism and more with telling a good story and getting the internal rules right to fit his piece dramatically.

Also, the nanomachines cannot target only electronic stuff because they eat non-electronic material like Gym's sword within the show itself as already mentioned up thread. I'm pretty sure it's also been stated in supplementary material to just target anything technological, not metals or electronics.
>>
>>13858785
>>13858829
Gym's Counterattack when?
>>
>>13862806
>they eat non-electronic material like Gym's sword

Did it really target the sword though? Watching the scene again the nanomachines don't seem to do anything to swords. It looks like Loran and Gym just dropped them when they saw that the nanomachines were creeping up on them. Loran turned tail and ran for the hills while Gym got absorbed into the cocoon. Furthermore, we don't really see anything get destroyed during the Turns' death hug.
>>
>>13862981

> Did it really target the sword though?

Yes, and I don't even see how it's possibly up for debate. Gym is holding it and the tendrils wrap around it first, he refuses to let go and is pulled in. Gym never drops his and that's why he's killed, because he symbolically as well as quite literally couldn't let go of conflict and the past and was swallowed for it.
>>
File: 90678563464596.png (411KB, 840x616px) Image search: [Google]
90678563464596.png
411KB, 840x616px
>>13863009
Still...the sword is not shown to be destroyed.

Interestingly enough, it seems like sword Loran was using (the unbroken one) is being suspended in the air and Gym is still stuck in the position when he was in locked swords with Loran the instant the nanomachines showed up. I'm guessing that couldn't move for some reason even if he wanted to.
>>
>>13863072
Anon, you really should grab EG's release of Turn A while it's still up.
>>
>>13859259
you are so right. so so right anon. i love you.
>>
>>13859259
>>13863765

What song?
>>
>>13851571
I wouldn't be surprised if the Turn A's nanomachines repair the weaponry too.
>>
>>13852508
What are the words on his back?
>>
>>13866295
オーバーヒート

Over Heat
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.