[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Favorite /m/ occurences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 15

File: Wake me up.jpg (147KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
Wake me up.jpg
147KB, 600x456px
>mech won't start
>pilot screams out the mech's name
>mech starts up followed by great music/insert song
>>
Fucking hate that.
>>
>>13848333
>Favorite /m/ occurences

>MC somehow got into the enemy cockpit
>shoot them in the head and steal the mech
>>
laughing in the cockpit or shouting the names of your attacks.
>>
>cockpit POV getting wrecked
>>
>>13848333
>mech works by cliche bullshit angsty screaming
>favourite
are you 12?
>>
File: 1406689768060.jpg (88KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1406689768060.jpg
88KB, 960x720px
KONO PURESSHA
>>
>>13848350
>>13848426
This is an 18+ y.o. site
>>
File: 1435426073391.jpg (39KB, 568x542px) Image search: [Google]
1435426073391.jpg
39KB, 568x542px
>this is just a warning shot!
>proceeds to kill enemy
>>
File: that ost just.png (557KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
that ost just.png
557KB, 557x605px
>>13848333
>Characters get into ridiculously OP robot that has been hinted at since the first episode
>OP music starts playing as it wrecks shit

I love Shin vs. Neo so goddamn much
>>
>character shouts someone's name as they die
>>
>>13848333
>mech has super form that's super dangerous and the MC is advised not to use it
>the only reason why it's dangerous is because they haven't added that stop button yet.
>>
File: crasherect.jpg (15KB, 304x408px) Image search: [Google]
crasherect.jpg
15KB, 304x408px
>mech slashes enemy in half with sword
>pause for a second, the top half slides off and explodes
>>
>>13848441
No that shit is stupid. Especially when the show is supposed to be semi serious or when it is unexplained. 00 did that shit twice and it was one of problems with the final battle in Build Fighters Try. Fumina got wrecked only to scream for her mech to move and it did after shutting down. It adds unneeded drama.
>>
>mech goes RIP AND TEAR instead of using weapons and gimmicks out of sheer anger
>>
>humanoid robot with spooky inhuman moves and poses
actually can't think of an example right now, aside from spinning hands and heads.
>>
>elite team made especifically to kill mc and his machine
>mc gets his mechs' arms cut off
>mc proceeds to kick their asses anyway

Alt.
any form of shields being used as weapons.
>>
>faceplate breaks

>fist breaks into face

>two robots clash fists,are well-matched for a single tension-filled second and then one of them yields as the other tears through its arm in dramatic slowmo.

plz,post examples
>>
>it's an atmospheric reentry episode
>>
>>13848879
Fuck yes
>>
>>13848378
>Layzner
>crazy motherfucker breaks into FRIENDLY cockpit, kills, and hijacks
Shit was cash, he gave me the chills once.

>>13848868
Maybe Fellini episode of GBF? Can't remember it well but both ended in a heap. That probably happened. Alternatively, Giant Robo's arm shattering in (I think) episode 5 or 6.
>>
Heroic sacrifices
and
Last stands, sacrificial or not

>fighting tooth and nail
>hero mech taking damage
>mech shrugs it off the best that it can, music saddens
>takes increasing damage, clearly hobbled now
>insert desperate pep talk about about how failure is not an option
>with the last bits of the mech's strength it shambles to its feet to have one more go, Music builds
>shot of mech and/or pilots battle worn face of grim resolve
>mech starts in on its final assault, music builds to crescendo
>>
Gattai in any form, shape or capacity

Screaming your attacks

Drills

Hammers

Antagonist joins good guys and then they have a CUH-RAZY fight against the enemy
>>
>>13848525
That's because everyone hated the try fighters though. I guarantee if the Tryon 3 did something like that no one would care.
>>
>mech that isn't designed for close combat ram the enemy
>completely wreck it with its fists or by smashing its weapons on it
>>
>>13848868
>Gaogaigar & Gaiking

>mazinkaiser ova

>Gaogaigar vs Gaofighgar
>>
>>13849059
These are always fun. especially in shows where previously the MC mech hasn't taken too much damage. it shows that no matter how good you are, no matter how strong your machine...it's not invincible.

on topic:
>Refusing to Yeild after both of your arms are off. you'll FIND a way to fight.

...Fucking @G Sanger.
>>
>mecha takes a heavy hit
>outer armor breaks off, revealing another mecha within
Also armor purging in general.
And although it's not limited to mecha, the protagonist unleashing a "hyper mode" out of rage is a plus for me.
>>
>>13848525
>>13848426
>>13848350
>Han Solo tells the Millennium Falcon to hold together
>it doesn't blow up
WOW WHAT IS THIS CRINGEY MIDDLE SCHOOL BULLSHIT!?!?
>>
File: flag.png (1MB, 1430x1013px) Image search: [Google]
flag.png
1MB, 1430x1013px
>>
>eyes light up
>>
File: ihspi.jpg (47KB, 490x341px) Image search: [Google]
ihspi.jpg
47KB, 490x341px
>>13849264
No, anon. Just no.
>>
>>13849224
>Also armor purging in general.
Also cockpit shots

It kinda bothers me that most MS cockpits are right on the front of the chest with the only protection being a hatch, or a slab of armour if you're lucky.

It also sorta bugs me that most don't carry much ammo for ballistic ammo.
>>
>>13848512
FACE OPEN
?
>>
>>13848525

I liked when it happened the first time Setsuna starts up the 00. I think one of the reasons it works there is because Ian theorizes that it's not really Setsuna's plea at work, but coincidental timing since the drives had a delayed reaction. It leaves it up to the audience which one they want to take. What was the second time in 00?
>>
>>13848525
There's nothing wrong with it outside of being retarded and taking it as literally as "the machine is answering the pilot," which even then still works given a sentient element (like a fictitious animal of some sort) in place of a mechanical element (like a robot)
It's just a sign of absolute desperation and impatience during the circumstances given within the show. If you take it so literally that it ruins it for you, that is your own problem and not the shows'.
>>
>>13848868
Don't have the webm on me right now, but the Fafner movie did an even crazier version of #3.
>>
i just love really loud thurster noises and screaming without any score playing in the background.. and i love naked piloting
>>
>the protag is losing, but then he finds his GUTS
>it doesn't do anything
>>
File: 55259290.jpg (106KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
55259290.jpg
106KB, 400x402px
>final battle where the main mechs come out with all the weapons
>near the end it's just robots punching each other because all those weapons are gone
>dick status during the CCA final battle: muh

That and:

>cockpit snipin/stabbings:

Only time I can think of that one happening is the Code Geass OVA anf the Gundam Thunderbolt OVA.
>>
>a char having Char traits
>>
>>13850189
See
>>13850429
>>13850477
>>
Someone jumps on someone else from above with a large melee weapon, the guy below blocks it with his own weapon, there's a massive shockwave and the ground around them implodes from the impact
>>
>>13848433
I loved this shit in Zeta.
>>
>>13848333
I really love that shit in Mazinger. I dunno why but Kouji pleading to Mazinger to just hold on for a little longer, just give him a few more minutes, just work one last time for this fight, it always gets to me. I think the Go Nagai humanizing gore on the robots plays a huge part in it. I was really bummed about how sidelined Tetsuya was in Kaiser vs Ankoku Daishogun but that last scene where he's begging Great mazinger to keep moving was sick
>>
>>13850677
Like?
>>
File: TALLGEESE.jpg (289KB, 1440x986px) Image search: [Google]
TALLGEESE.jpg
289KB, 1440x986px
>Mech stares into the bridge of a ship seconds before blowing it up
>>
>cockpit
>is actually the cock
>>
>main mech almost dead
>can't GATTAI because plot demands it
>"ORE NO YUUKI"
>epic music starts up
>GATTAI is initiated because fuck logic

>villain shits pants and gets destroyed
>>
>>13848333
> Ultimate super upgrade mech gets destroyed.
> Fight the final battle in the bullshit piece if crap that you started with.

Not done nearly enough in ani/m/e, unfortunately, but it still happens sometimes in games or comics.
>>
>Psycho baddie killed someone close to the protag right in front of him/her

>Gloat about it, because it was fun and the protag is next

>Protag RAGES

>Proceed to use every move/mode/weapon to trash the psycho mech

>Psycho shits his pants. "Why is so powerful!? Why I am losing!? I gonna dieeee!!

>Protag eyes is filled with rage as the finishing move is done

>Psycho dies screaming.

Now that's some good catharsis...
>>
>>13851094
>final battle leaves mecha wrecked
>pilots get out, start slugging
Not often enough indeed.
>>
>>13848433
I legit love this.
>>
>pilot activates wacky spooky mech power
>pilot and mech becomes crazy killing machine
>only stops when the deed is done
>>
>in cockpit shot of the pilot turning
>exterior shot of the mecha turning
>>
>>13848333
>exterior shot of robot walking
>cockpit shot is just single frame being moved up and down to imply movement
can't even get mad, I think it's cute
>>
>>13851102
I disagree with this one a lot. It comes off as pandering to the audience's revenge fetish more than anything and doesn't give me catharsis. If someone's dead, they're dead. That's it, no point in making the perpetrator act like a pussy in a drawn-out death, especially if it doesn't suit their personality.
>>
File: 1454228080229.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454228080229.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>robot's punches have a slow, heavy look to them with lots of impact
>robot accelerates really slowly at first but can run fast as fuck when it gets up to speed
>>
>>13848879
seriously. I love this things. Someone always dies
>>
It might be just me but I think a lot of people in this thread likes shitty cliches without any self awareness of their own shit tastes.
>>
File: 1424694322020.png (268KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
1424694322020.png
268KB, 361x691px
>>13851195
>that one jackass who thinks he's really smart/figured it all out for getting the basic premise of things
>>
>>13851195
>stop enjoying things that are cool
>>
>>13851109
I can only think Mobile Suit Gundam and Robot Jox doing this, off the top of my head. What else ends up with plain ol' fisticuffs?
>>
>>13851414
TTGL.
>>
>>13848333
I loved when Kinryu did it in M7
>>
>>13851414
Dancouga Nova. Linebarrels of Iron had a fight like that, too.
>>
>>13851109
Kind of reminds me of my favorite boss fight.
https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=lO2Zp4nwsFA
>>
>>13851109
I'm honestly dissapointed this DIDN'T happen in G Gundam.
>>
>>13851414
Logos ended like that
>>
>>13848433
good taste

>>13851102
>you kill my [insert relation here]! i kill you!
Are you like, 12? people like you are the reason wars happen IRL
>>
>>13851926
Say what you will about Kojima but damn, that's a good battle/cinematic sequence. Probably my favorite, too. Kojima just knows how to make badass old men, I guess. Being a huge westaboo helps.
>>
>>13850522
muh courage...
>>
>>13852219
you fucking what man
so not only are you stupid enough to think someone getting comeuppance for their actions is unreasonable but you're also fucking retarded enough to think fucking wars between nations happen because of personal offenses and not power plays and resource grabs. just off yourself dummy
>>
>>13850730
>>13849264
Dude, it's a bigass freighter being picked at by starfighters, and he just asks it to hold together the same way people might implore or berate any other machine to behave.

That's nowhere near the same thing as the shit being mentioned, not least because he -didn't address it by name-.
>>
>>13849224
>armor purging in general.

this, GOTTA GO FAST mode reveals, and instances where the mech's hidden auxiliary boosters (or the closest equivalent ) popping out.
>>
Whenever armor purging in /m/ happens, I have the unconscious urge yell CAST OFF

Thanks Kabuto, thanks a lot
>>
>>13853308
>the same way people might implore or berate any other machine to behave
Just like the other examples being given. Let's be honest, the only real difference is that Han wasn't quite as loud about it.
>>
>>13850616
>Only time I can think of that one happening is the Code Geass OVA anf the Gundam Thunderbolt OVA.
My favorite Cockpit stab is in Fafner Exodus.

Oh boy was it a long time coming.
>>
File: Sein vs. Nicht.webm (1MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Sein vs. Nicht.webm
1MB, 720x404px
>>13850498
>>13848868

Got you.
>>
>Protagonist and BBEG start the final battle in their final forms/upgrades/weapons
>all that stuff gets successively trashed until it's literally the two of them beating each other senseless with their bare fists
>>
>>13849224
armour purging cured my impotence
>>
>>13848879
Those are always fucking tense.

I like the SHINGATA HEIKI followed by a h-hayai
>>
>>13854463
Exodus also had a pretty high-tier cockpit snipe.

RIP Goubine ;_;
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.