[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain to me why red frame is so popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

Can someone please explain to me why red frame is so popular?
>>
>>13833763
Unique aesthetic, folded 9000 times, etc.
>>
katana, that is all
>>
>>13833763
Because it's great.
>>
It's got both a simple base design and a ton of variants for everyone's tastes (even a monoeye one for gruntfags)
The colored frame gives it a unique look
Yes, the katana helps, both because it's grorious katana, and because a pure physical weapon in a franchise that made lightsabers boring by putting them on everything only stands out more
>>
GLORIRUS SAMURAI YAMATO DAMASHII WITH JAPANESE KANATA FOLDED 1000 TIMES

You think I'm kidding, but I'm not
>>
>>13833870
You think I think you're kidding, but I'm not.
>>
150 Meter Katana, that's why.
>>
>>13833763
*drooling*

Source of this sexy beast?
>>
File: laugh at you char.jpg (15KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
laugh at you char.jpg
15KB, 500x375px
>>13833763
Its red
>>
>>13833979
>*drooling*
>>
glorious nippon steel
>>
>>13833763
Katanafags.
>>
File: 1gg1[1].jpg (436KB, 1600x1384px) Image search: [Google]
1gg1[1].jpg
436KB, 1600x1384px
>>13833763
NOW I'M A JERK AND EVERYONE LOVES ME
>>
Decent design, shit show. No, haven't watched of either because it's shit and you're shit for watching shit. Shit.
>>
>>13834093
>Decent design
Your shit taste is showing.
>>
File: 5450015677_110d0654a4_b.jpg (287KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5450015677_110d0654a4_b.jpg
287KB, 1024x768px
>>
>>13834093
Its not from a show lol
>>
>>13833763
godamn its so fucking ugly
>>
>>13833763
For me it is a pretty whatever design, I think I only sort of dislike it as people hype it up to be this most amazing design ever.

I think it is because it takes the base gundam design and adds lots of little things which gets to certain people. A big part if the glorious nippon shit which some love but I just never like, even on super robots I think katanas look dumb. But it has a certain futuristic look to it, not a Mead actually interesting future look but one that is easy for people to get into. It has lots of little detail to it intricate designs, the more random little bullshit the better no mater how much is makes sense. People like lots of big dumb stuff that they an attach and move around.
>>
>>13833763
My 1/100 has vastly greater posability than I'm used to seeing n a gundam model, The manga was fun to read because the characters were fun, I enjoy the minimalist armor with exposed parts that set itself apart from most gundam designs, and it did some ridiculous things in the manga, which was fun. Mine was dirtied with graphite and awaits a top coat.
>>13833870
And a katana that can be only lifted by a MS sized power loader exoskeleton or by equipping the powered cylinders >>13834060

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLkfjO_njuk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brjjadjlen8
>>
Astray pretty much exists to appeal to people who like edgy stuff. Red and Blue Frames expand the scope more by branching out into goofy edgy and tacticool edgy.

And then there's Gold Frame.
>>
File: 1453935606158.jpg (86KB, 740x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453935606158.jpg
86KB, 740x720px
>>13839164
>goofy edgy

It's a complete original main Gundam design by the guy who did all of the early Master Grade and all of the Real Grade designs with no animation line count or detail limitations and a structure that allowed it to have better articulation articulation as a 1/100 SEED kit than MGs at the time that appeared in a series with an almost a Gunpla Builders-esque spirit towards kitbashes and variants, why the fuck wouldn't it be popular?
>>
GRORIUS NIPPON STEERU FORDED 1 MIRRION TIME
GAIJIN PIGGU GO HOME
PRAISE GRORIUS EMPORER HAISEI
BANZAIIIII
Or something like that.
>>
It's an explicitly samurai-themed design. Those are always popular.
>>
Personally love the colour scheme, I really dig white and red with a bit of black.
Kai is my favorite design with the backpack being multi purpose and is the only Gunpla i've bought, I intend to buy more Gunpla when I have the time and money but I thought hey why not start with my favorite.
Also Lowe is a cool guy and Red Frame just screams CUHRAYZEE with its eccentric pilot and the way he fights.
>>
>>13833763
Japan flag is 2 colours: red and white. The red frame has those two colours. So the red frame = mechanized japanese flag.
>>
I like only the Sengoku ver.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.