[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alita: Battle Angel will begin filming this year It will be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

File: 1454479363405[1].jpg (143KB, 900x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454479363405[1].jpg
143KB, 900x720px
Alita: Battle Angel will begin filming this year

It will be produced by James Cameron, but it will be directed by Robert Rodriguez.

ARE YOU HYPE?
>>
>>13833125
Costume looks kind of retarded and it should be called Gunm

James Cameroonie is a hack

Hollywood productions of anime have never been good unless they strip it down and take only the very core of the story, like Edge of Tomorrow/All You Need Is Kill, and even then you still have the success rate of an average movie (low)
>>
>>13833153
I think OP's image is unrelated cosplay.
I'm disappointed it's not being directed by Cameron, but I'm not really surprised, since he is making all those Avatar movies. However, if Rodriguez is passionate about the project, then I will reserve judgment until I see the trailer.
>>
>Rodriguez
Into the trash it goes. He's lost pretty much all his filmmaking talent, no longer worthy of standing in the shadow of his younger self.

I would've waited as long as it took for Cameron to finish with Avatar, but now he's letting this fucking hack ruin the IP forever.
>>
>>13833125
James Cameron's enthusiasm and vision are admirable, especially by Hollywood standards, but I think that Rodriguez is a poor choice and a generally weak director.

Everything he makes seems to be nothing but adolescent crap. Just edge, 14 year old humour and Dredd style 'action' which some people say is better than 'Hollywood crap' but is just another variety of shit. Of all the ways /m/ could break into Hollywood it seems like a shame that James Cameron landed on this, with a shitty Ghost in the Shell adaption seeming likely in the future.

Why couldn't we get Paul Verhoeven's MD Geist, John Carpenter's Genocyber or HBO doing Planetes? Why do we get pulpy shit made by second rate hacks? Aside from James Cameron and Robert Rodriguez who's going to see this? Who wants this?
>>
>>13833125
>Alita: Battle Angel will begin filming this year

Impossible, this was the "I say I'll do it but never get around to it" movie for Cameron
>>
>>13833238
>Paul Verhoeven's MD Geist

Paul went back to his homeland to make films in Dutch
>>
>>13833247
I know, subs wouldn't keep me from seeing a new Geist. How old's Rutger Hauer now? Too old? He would have been perfect in his prime.

Have you seen Flesh + Blood? Rutger in his prime was Geist as hell.
>>
>>13833254
>How old's Rutger Hauer now?

72, though he looks more in his 60s
>>
File: rutger-hauer[1].jpg (145KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
rutger-hauer[1].jpg
145KB, 540x720px
>>13833255
Pretty good. I doubt I'll look that good when I'm 45.
>>
I don't trust Rodriguez to capture Alita's glorious and gigantic octopus lips.
>>
>>13833125
>produced by James Cameron
that means absolute nothing except for the fact that he put money into it
>>
>>13833153

that's just a cosplayer you tit
>>
wat
>>
>>13833674
Cameron's been talking about doing this for a long time.
>>
>absolutely no source

gg /m/
>>
>>13833125
No. Live action adaptations are usually shit for anything that isn't a drama.
>>
Rodriguez is a very poor choice, he has completely abandoned the thought of actually becoming a good director and only does "ironic" shit these days.

Blomkampf would have been the GOAT choice, even more than Cameron.
He knows how to blend CGI and practical effects together, he basically ripped off 90's OVA his whole career and the Tiphares/Salem struggle with the Junkyard is right up his alley.
>>
>>13833153
> it should be called Gunm

Holy shit.
Weaboos really do ruin everything. I bet you'll complain that she doesn't speak Japanese as well.
>>
>>13833153
>Speed Racer
>>
>>13834026

Speed racer is definitely awesome, but it was received pretty poorly by critics and the wider audience.
>>
File: 1446972545114.jpg (191KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1446972545114.jpg
191KB, 1024x1536px
Unless Gally/Alita is fucking adorable, I'm not getting my hopes up.

That's like her whole thing, being the world's cutest cyborg.
>>
>>13834105
>but it was received pretty poorly by critics and the wider audience.

Okay and? Did you really think this was ever gonna be Oscar material?
>>
You know what the upshot to this taking fucking forever is? Summer Glau stopped being relevant and we won't have to deal with her shitting up Gally
>>
>>13835143
He is probably the retard complaining about weebs on a weeb board on a weeb site, so he is most likely that stupid
>>
>>13833125
>>13833164
He's actually been wanting to do it for like 16 years. They were talking about it when he did Dark Angel back in 2000, that he was basically wanting to do it with that but did his own story instead. I think he's had the rights since then.
>>
>>13833125

Hell no. This movie, along with the Ghost in the Shell one with Scarlet Johanson will be the death knell of anime as we know it.
>>
>>13833877

Even Alita's creator accepts the English names and made it into a small plot point in the final volume in the original series.
>>
>>13835156

Summer Glau stopped being relevant the instant the credits rolled in Serenity.
>>
If it's Rodriguez, I'm not gonna see it as a go yet. The number of projects he's either bowed out on or had blink out into the ether are numerous and telling.

Fuck, look at that Sin City sequel, which then no one wanted because he took close to a decade on it.

>>13833174
>Cameron to finish with Avatar
>Cameron
>finish with Avatar

You're far too trusting.

>>13833238
>Paul Verhoeven's MD Geist, John Carpenter's Genocyber

Not gonna lie, I'd watch these. Ohata's got some interesting ideas, but he REALLY leaves something to be desired at conveying them in an organized manner that doesn't get sidetracked by "Now check THIS out!" spectacles. Someone like Verhoeven or Carpenter actually be able to help build on those interesting ideas and semi-messages and actually make it feel like something to say rather than something Ohata kind of started to say and then got bored with.
>>
>>13833238
>especially by Hollywood standards
I agree Cameron is a brightly polished turd amongst the shitheap of Hollywood.
>>
>>13835312
>Summer Glau
Who?

Hold me fampais
>>
>>13835286
Good, I want deepfag fucks like you to leave
>>
remind for anybody with hope
James "really a fan" Cameron didn't know there were comics beyond the first Viz graphic novel
>>http://www.mtv.com/news/2596073/avatar-producer-says-battle-angel-alita-has-a-new-name-will-follow-avatar-2/
>“We had a wonderful writer who came in and collaborated with Jim, Laeta Kalogridis, who worked on it; Laeta brought to our attention that there was much more to this world of Battle Angel than we ever knew,” explained Landau. “We were familiar with the anime that had been produced, we were familiar with one of the main books. But she opened us up to the other nine books that exist, and how rich that world is.”
>>
>>13835408
Now just reminded of that very boilerplate soundbite from Cameron that gets rolled out every so often to attach to some anime movies.
>>
>>13833125
>produced by James Cameron
>directed by Robert Rodriguez
Lel.
>>
>>13835408

I would imagine they meant Last Order going by that quote, and not that they thought there was only one volume to the original.
>>
>>13835397

Exactly.
>>
>>13833125
>ARE YOU HYPE?
No. When will you learn pattern recognition? Name one good western adaptation of a Japanese work or one good reason to expect this won't be as much of a fuckup as Dragonball Evolution.
>>
>>13833877
I was actually kidding/shitposting about that and the cosplay. I was serious about James Cameron being a danger sign and the below-average success rate of anime adaptations though.
>>
File: nkjfnaw.jpg (568KB, 1854x964px) Image search: [Google]
nkjfnaw.jpg
568KB, 1854x964px
>>13833125
> ARE YOU HYPE?
Nope. I won't be HYPE even if anime was announced. I know any adaptation will be shit. Even manga is kinda meh now. Gunnm is dead. End of original and first chapters of LO were the peak.
>>
>>13836668

all you need is kill. fast and loose with the plot, but a pretty solid, and even humorous, movie.
>>
>>13833125
Is that the girl from the "Hey kid, do you want to fuck an anime?" macro?
>>
>>13838991
Maybe. Post it so we can compare?
>>
>>13833238
>Dredd
>Bad

Lowest of test
>>
>>13835301
Are you retarded? The entire point of that scene is "wow what kind of fucking retarded name is Alita".
>>
File: Sechs, Elf and Zwolf.jpg (38KB, 337x464px) Image search: [Google]
Sechs, Elf and Zwolf.jpg
38KB, 337x464px
I wonder who they'll get to play Sechs, Elf and Zwolf.
>>
>>13839195

I don't imagine the movie going terribly far past Hugo

they shoe horn a happy ending
>>
>>13839194

about 60% as retarded as gally.
>>
>>13839267
In your expert opinion, from 0 to 100%, how retarded is "Yoko"?
>>
>>13839491
That's literally a normal name. Household amongst Americans too, thanks to a certain someone who killed The Beatles.
>>
>>13833125
what katy perry music video is this from
>>
>>13833238
>HBO doing Planetes
Please, anything but HBO. We'd watch a couple having sex in zero-g while listening to some monotone narration about the logistics of modern space travel.
>>
>>13839577
>We'd watch a couple having sex in zero-g while listening to some monotone narration about the logistics of modern space travel.
Sounds great to me.
>>
>>13839507
>Household amongst Americans too, thanks to a certain someone who killed The Beatles.

J.D Salinger?
>>
>>13839582
Try watching some Expanse then.
>>
File: 1390227523727.jpg (29KB, 296x288px) Image search: [Google]
1390227523727.jpg
29KB, 296x288px
>>13840607

J.D. Salinger von der Rasierklinge, now known as Alita J.D. Salinger.
>>
File: Hardware.jpg (73KB, 511x755px) Image search: [Google]
Hardware.jpg
73KB, 511x755px
>>13839173
You wouldn't know a good 2000AD adaption if it jumped up and bit you on the end of your fucking dick.

Go watch Hardware.

>>13839577
I actually dislike HBO, but I just chose them because they're respected and can pull off solid production values. I don't really watch tv but they seem to make a lot of trash despite their reputation. Game of Thrones is hot garbage.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.