[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will it take for an actually good mars mecha anime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: Sadlizard.png (58KB, 200x198px) Image search: [Google]
Sadlizard.png
58KB, 200x198px
What will it take for an actually good mars mecha anime
>>
>>13829203
Just play ZoE2 or something
>>
>>13829203
Why does there need to be a good Mars mecha anime? What's so significant about Mars in this context?
>>
>>13829216
Why do Mars and Jupiter get so much attention?
When's the last time there was a series about Mercury, Venus, or Saturn?
>>
>>13829221

I blame Percival Lowell, the "canals on Mars," guy. He's been cited as an influence for both John Carter of Mars and War of the Worlds, which are probably the most influential Mars stories in western culture and science fiction as a whole. There aren't any Venus, Mercury, or Saturn stories of similar stature. There's even a Venus story by the same guy who wrote John Carter, and nobody cares about it.

Add to that the fact that since the Space Race we've known that Venus and Mercury are basically deathzones where no life can ever live, ever, and most machines will die too. Mars is the least inhospitable non-Earth planet in the solar system, which is what makes it an attractive location for science fiction stories. It's the only place besides Earth that humans have even the slightest chance of living on in the foreseeable future.

All of that said, in any story where technology is advanced enough for giant robots Mars is going to be pretty indistinguishable from any other planet. If we were talking Burroughs Mars then I'd be all over it, but nothing about Burroughs Mars is actually tied to Mars as a physical location.

Oh, but hey, Nadesico has some stuff on Mars, right? Do we not like Nadesico anymore, or is it not Mars enough?
>>
>>13829256

Mars is basically a journey checkpoint since by the time the series started, the Jovians have pretty much demolished the place as a functional center of society.

iirc You have a group of refugees and the Jovian forces later on and that's about it, probably.

It does appear a few times in the show and in the movie, I think, but it's pretty much just a region that things happen it.

The Mars Daybreak takes place on Mars too, but, like you said, it's pretty much indistinguishable from "Earth has been flooded".
>>
The main character should look like Matt Damon
>>
>>13829203
>>13829216
godmars is a great anime
>>
File: stop greentexting mars.png (2MB, 777x1194px) Image search: [Google]
stop greentexting mars.png
2MB, 777x1194px
>>13829203
Shinseikiden is already pretty much a page-for-page adaptation of the manga, with an added backstory and epilogue. Not sure why people are always complaining about it.

It's the source material that's not-that-good, not the show. It needs to stop being put on a pedestal just because it's old.
>>
File: dolores.png (129KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dolores.png
129KB, 640x480px
>>
>>13829772
Maybe because neither of the groups that worked on it has made it to the end so far (although none of Hokuto no Gun's anime projects move very fast anyway).

That said, fun fact: Keisuke Fujikawa was the head writer for both this and >>13829767.
>>
>>13829221
Venus wars was cool.
>>
>>13829256
>Add to that the fact that since the Space Race we've known that Venus and Mercury are basically deathzones where no life can ever live

Not true, people speculated for a long time that Venus was a lush jungle planet where it rained non-stop. Also, colonizing venus would probably be easier than colonizing mars according to NASA. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ5KV3rzuag
>>
>>13829203
No giant robots, but this is pretty cool if you're in the mood for some cyberpunk.
>>
>>13829203
Remove the bad and replace it with the good.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (473KB, 2401x1513px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
473KB, 2401x1513px
>>13829203
We already have one.
>>
>>13830219
Pretty sure for a show to be a Mars show they'd have to not be stuck inside a spaceship heading towards earth most of the series.
>>
>>13830219
;_;
>>
>>13829203
Smelly dumb frogposter scum.
>>
File: The Mars Daybreak.webm (2MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
The Mars Daybreak.webm
2MB, 720x480px
>>13829308
>The Mars Daybreak takes place on Mars too, but, like you said, it's pretty much indistinguishable from "Earth has been flooded".
Pretty much, but it's still a pretty good series if you want something different.

Too bad webm related was probably the best fight scene and a lot of it is stock footage. The whole underwater combat thing was a really missed opportunity.
>>
File: 1334386445927.jpg (411KB, 1809x1165px) Image search: [Google]
1334386445927.jpg
411KB, 1809x1165px
>>13829203
We had a good Mars anime.
>>
>>13829221
>Why do Mars and Jupiter get so much attention?

Mars is the only other planet in the Solar System we could reasonably inhabit, without using the cloud habitat meme.

>Jupiter
It's the big guy.
>>
>>13830066
>neither of the groups that worked on it has made it to the end so far
It has perfectly understandable crabsticks for the last few episodes.
>>
>>13830051
where is this from?
>>
Watch your favorite mecha anime with red cellophane over the screen.
>>
>>13833147
Chewing Candy Panic 0402
>>
>>13829203
Your death.
>>
Diebuster started on Mars
>>
>>13833147
Toads of the Battles
>>
>>13829256
>Oh, but hey, Nadesico has some stuff on Mars, right?
>>13829203
>an actually good mars mecha anime
>Nadesico

kek
>>
File: MoD.gif (868KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
MoD.gif
868KB, 500x323px
>>13829203
I got you bro
>>
>>13835547
Is this better or worse than Master of Martial Hearts.
>>
>>13829767
By what measure?
I can literally only think of one quality with any redeeming value.
>>
>>13835571
better
>>
>>13835851
Better as in better, or better as in "better"?
>>
>>13835863
better
>>
>>13830355
Is the whole series underwater combat? I really like the concept of underwater combat.
>>
>>13833147
ZoE: Dolores. It's really fun.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.