[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you start with Mazinger? What is the difference between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: MazingerZ-front.jpg (481KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
MazingerZ-front.jpg
481KB, 800x684px
Where do you start with Mazinger? What is the difference between Mazinger and Mazinkaiser??
>>
Read the manga. Watch Mazinkaiser.
It really doesn't matter, dude. Just know that the original Toeizinger is pretty terrible in just about every way, though still somewhat enjoyable.
>>
Try out the Mazinger Z anime

If Mazinger's not grabbing you after a few episodes watch Mazinkaiser

If you do like Mazinger keep watching and then watch Mazinger Z vs the Great General of Darkness, then get around to Mazinkaiser. I guess you could jump ahead to Mazinkaiser at any time, if you don't mind keeping them straight
>>
>>13828947
>What is the difference between Mazinger and Mazinkaiser??
mazinkaiser is is like a "retelling" of the fights between kouji and dr hell, just that mazinger z gets wrecked at the beggining just to find mazinkaiser inmediately, also great mazinger is already present and helping him fight hell's army as well, as opposed of the source material where he appears only after dr hell dies and the myceane appears
>>
>>13828947

Start with SKL.
>>
>>13829066
Do not list to this anon
>>
>>13828959
There's no way you've watched it.
>>
>>13829420
>shit animations
>not a single likeable character
>in every single episode there is at least one incredibly retarded thing that happens that nobody draws attention to
>>
>>13829011
Thanks I'll try that.
>>
>>13829498
> Shit animation

For being an early 70s TV anime with about 98 episodes, Mazinger Z's animation is really not that terrible.

> Not a single likable character

Boss.

> in every single episode there is at least one incredibly retarded thing that happens that nobody draws attention to

So what?
>>
>>13828947
The Toei festival movies are the best way to give you a taste of Toei Mazinger.

Watch something like Mazinger Z vs Great General of Darkness or Great Mazinger vs Getter Robo etc. They have a bunch of them.

They're short and fun and should give you a rough idea of what you can expect.
>>
>>13829112
Nothing wrong with SKL. No need to be an edgelord.
>>
>>13829530
>Toei Boss
>likeable
Shit, what stupid you said
>>
>>13830263
you stop talking the bullshit
>>
>>13828947
I started with Shin Mazinger Z. What am I in for?
>>
>>13828959
>>13829498
>>13830263
go away kiddie
>>
File: dmazinger_special_033.jpg (365KB, 728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dmazinger_special_033.jpg
365KB, 728x1080px
>>13830312
Imagawa shenanigans and some classic scene recreations and reinterpretations from the manga, including Z Mazinger and that Ken Ishikawa one shot (Mazinger Z Relic of Terror).
>>
>>13830318
Fuck off, spic
>>
Shin Mazinger is the single good Mazinger.
>>
>>13829504
>>13828947
You can start with any mazinger show.

The original Mazinger Trilogy was done by TOEI the trilogy is composed of
Mazinger -> Great Mazinger -> Grendizer
the trilogy also has movies as complements

Mazinkaiser is an alternate retelling of Mazinger Z, Basically Mazinkaiser is the ultimate Mazinger, an unstoppable force, it has a simplistic plot and story very similar to TOEI Mazinger Z.

Shin Mazinger is a new series where it's mostly focused on the Origin of Mazinger told by various characters, it adds more depth and story to the Mazinger lore, it has a great fight scenes and an interesting ending where you have to rewatch the first episode then the 2nd episode to get gist of it.

Mazinkaiser SKL Is an alternate universe where Mazinkaiser has been sealed and was later discovered, the anime is very short and its non-stop action with heavy metal and 2 badass pilots.
>>
>>13830263
Don't be cock-a-hoop.
>>
File: 1434929876826.jpg (39KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1434929876826.jpg
39KB, 720x576px
>>13829498
>not a single likeable character

But I enjoy the whacky antics of asshole Koji.
>>
Are any of the Spanish Blu-rays for the series worth it? Toei upscales all of their shit, but I was wondering if the Spanish BD's were good since they are made by another company. There are Italian and Spanish BD's for Mazinkaiser too. The Italian ones are upscales, don't know about Spanish.
>>
>>13831950

This. Manga and Toei series are probably the worst of all, though.
>>
>>13832384
>Manga
>one of the worst Mazingers

Yeah, no.
>>
>>13832404
All arguments aside, any chances of the manga reprint getting scanlated? The current scanlation is apparently for one that mashes chapters from both the Shonen Jump and Terebi Magazine series.
>>
>>13832424
DP Scanlations is dead, so no
>>
>>13832433
Oh. It doesn't help that Happy Scans and HnG can barely give a damn about Nagai's works or IPs. At least Mangalism is doing Devilman Grimoire.
>>
>>13832538
To be fair, they aren't officially dead, but they haven't done anything in months and Patrick is nowhere to be found far as I know.
>>
>>13832538
HappyScans and HnG are doing a fuckton of other things as well though.
>>
>>13832538

Good for them. Why waste time and effort with this?
>>
>>13832571
Yes yes, we know you dislike Nagai and find Mazinger to be nothing special. Leave if you aren't going to contribute anything of value.
>>
>>13829759
This is a pretty good suggestion. One or two of those movies plus a few episodes of Mazinger Z (plus maybe the first episode of Great Mazinger) under your belt and you'd be ready to 'get' Mazinkaiser even if you're not really feeling the 70's show.

>>13830312
A real fun show, but an awkward introduction to the franchise.
>>
>>13832628
>A real fun show, but an awkward introduction to the franchise.

A franchise that needs no introduction,
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.