[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Knights of Sidonia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

File: knights-of-sidonia-3.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
knights-of-sidonia-3.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
Im only around 8 episodes in. Without getting into any spoilers, why don't you guys like it? Is it the animation?
>>
poor framerate ruins the fighte.
>>
File: 1401415836321.gif (91KB, 322x324px) Image search: [Google]
1401415836321.gif
91KB, 322x324px
>>13828653
>Netflix Original
toppest kek, acting like they made it
>>
>too many SOL harem antics detracting from the main plot
>framerate is often crap
>main plot falls apart as it goes on
I liked S1 the most because of its high-stakes feeling during the first half, but you lose that as the series goes on. S2 had lots of SOL. Otherwise I've read the manga which falls apart after the period S2 covers and which has a really shitty ending.
>>
Was S2 really that bad?
>>
At least for the manga, Nihei creates a really interesting setting and premise, then the middle of the series it changes from an action sci-fi piece to a harem shenanigans book and he completely drops the ball on the entire ending.
>>
I think most people's problems were with S2.

>>13828721
This though, the manga didn't help things at all
>>
Wut, I fucking love Sidonia.
>>
Great until midpoint of season 2, where it completely falls into a black hole of harem bullshit. The ending of S2 brought things back up, enough that I'm glad I sat through the awful parts.

dat S1 tho
>>
OP here. Glad to hear some good praise for the show. I'm really enjoying it actually. The humor is weird and catches me off guard, and the setting is pretty different from what I'm used to seeing in mecha. I probably won't end up hating season 2 too much since I can handle some harem, just as long as it's not the ONLY thing going on. And which is better? The anime or the manga?

Also

Izana Shinatose best...girl.
>>
>>13828795
>girl
ayyyyyy l'mayo
>>
>>13828816
I would.
>>
>>13828903

Yeah, about those other two though...
>>
>>13828653

>Okay you guys, we fought one Gauna with eight gardes, only one of which accomplished anything at all, and they barely made it out, and not all of them survived. What are we sending to get rid of the Gauna?

>Four gardes, not including the only one that did anything at all. We can't spare any more than that.

>But we have like two-hundred. Why don't we send fifty?

>Four. Gardes.

It becomes very clear very quickly that Sidonia could kill every Gauna that they encounter with zero or near-zero casualties, but they keep making retarded decisions to create melodrama. It really kills the tension when I know that they could easily deal with this but will fuck it up anyway, and also when I know that it doesn't even matter if these dudes die because there's literally two-hundred more of them back at base.
>>
>>13828903
>Everybody draws Izana as a futa when she ends up being easily the most attractive female in the manga
Why?
Shame the anime fucked up most of her transition. And a lot of her best moments, come to think of it.
>>
File: blame!-Cibo-Manga-Anime-1964849.jpg (156KB, 1000x785px) Image search: [Google]
blame!-Cibo-Manga-Anime-1964849.jpg
156KB, 1000x785px
>>13828721
what's wrong with the ending? At least he wrapped things up fairly well this time... Not to say that's better than the mysterious endings of his other works, but at least Sidonia makes sense and is easy enough to understand...
>>
>>13828719
>Was S2 really that bad?

Yes and no. When it's epic it's fucking glorious. When it hits the harem bits you just shake your head in disbelief. The unfortunate thing about KoS season 2 is the very small number of episodes making the series completely unbalanced between the mecha part and the harem part. And of course the author not giving a shit anymore about his manga. I mean when KoS 1/2 is good it's really fucking awesome, but when it's bad it's atrocious beyond belief.
>>
>>13829104
From what episode was that?
>>
>>13828653
Not only that, but it was fucking stupid
>>
The characters never get any real development and are pretty simple to start with
SoL elements take over (it was obviously harem from the start but some people couldn't see it)
The story never really goes any where
We learn fuck all about the ship, it feels like we explore it less as time goes on
Eventually "all our squad members died!" gets tiring and loses effect
The got rid of spears
The guns cut tension as they can now one shot the Gauna
We learn fuck all about the Gauna
Tsuntron-3000
3 days
Smooges is cute but never developed enough to be a real love interest
The bad guy just kind of shows up and died in a boring ending
the epilogue
>>
>>13829966
more or less this, personally I still enjoyed sidonia but it could have been so much more.
>>
>>13829893
>>13829966
>>13830173
So what happened? Did Nihei stop caring when he realized everyone was just downloading his manga, or when Polygon decided to make the show 100% CGI and completely butcher the art style?
>>
>>13831627
>So what happened? Did Nihei stop caring when he realized everyone was just downloading his manga, or when Polygon decided to make the show 100% CGI and completely butcher the art style?

Nihei couldn't resolve or didn't want to resolve all the open threads, so basically proceeded to do a very quick ending. None of the big questions are answered so in some sense it was a big cop out.
>>
File: image.jpg (187KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187KB, 1280x720px
>>13831725
Yes. My question is why? I believe the answer could be that his focus has been shifted elsewhere... Perhaps the big BLAME! Movie or Miniseries is finally happening for real.
>>
>>13831846
>why
Because he wanted to. Or rather, didn't want to.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 600x300px
>>13831854
Oh, so you're the expert?
>>
>>13831859
Yeah, what's about it?
>>
>>13831859

Not him, but you're the one insisting he probably did it because he didn't like the anime, has another adaptation coming up or because people were downloading his manga (something that's been happening all along with all his manga in the last decade plus), so you're no less guilty of claiming expertise than he is. We don't know for definite as far as I'm aware, but making wild claims like you are is no more definite or true an answer than someone saying, he just didn't want to.
>>
File: nihei_neuromancer1.jpg (143KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nihei_neuromancer1.jpg
143KB, 1280x720px
>>13831874
I'm not making any claims, I'm just suggesting possibilities. I was annoyed by his certainty.
Also:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-19/tsutomu-nihei-blame-manga-gets-theatrical-anime-adaptation/.95551
apparently he also announced it on his twitter, but I can't read japanese, so...
>>
>>13829893

>hating comedy because SUPER SERIOUS MECHA NO FUN ALLOWED

I bet you're great at parties. Nothing matters if the characters have no personality.
>>
>>13829949

Literally the second episode.
>>
>>13831990

> Not liking the comedy from one show means YOU HATE ALL COMEDY

I bet you're great at parties. Comedy is subjective and not everyone is obliged to share your opinion on it. Sidonia didn't have to be a super serious mecha show, but it also didn't have to be harem hijinx either and there are many other options possible for a story that doesn't want to be serious. Lots of people find harem stuff boring as fuck and no amount of comedy they don't enjoy is going to change that.
>>
>>13832109
I don't see the problem.
The eight were ambushed. Not to mention, mostly rookies.
The four they sent later were supposed some of their best.
If they defeat the gauna, good.
If they fail, it also a win because it shows the rest how serious the situation is.
>>
>>13831990
>Nothing matters if the characters have no personality.
So? That has nothing to do with parties, fampai.

Furthermore, the notion of needing to enjoy the characters in a story is really infantile.
>>
>>13831846
>finally happening for real.
It is, actually.
>>
>>13832158
to be
>>
File: tumblr_n7v8oeBc8L1twodyxo1_1280.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7v8oeBc8L1twodyxo1_1280.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>13828653
I enjoyed the show but at times it got a little too "anime" if you know what I mean.
>Izana is best waifu
>>
>>13828795
>>13834223
Yuhata best girl.

Izana is p good, too.
>>
>>13834266
Best tentacle wins in the end.
>>
File: tsmugi soup.png (2MB, 700x2254px) Image search: [Google]
tsmugi soup.png
2MB, 700x2254px
>>13834704
fuck and yes
>>
>>13834704
>>13834720
It doesn't matter who wins, they're all great. Only one builds plamo though.
>>
>>13834266
>Yuhata
>Girl
>>
>>13834829
>implying I care
>implying she can't turn back
>implying that half ass ending is cannon considering the writer gave up
>>
>>13834892
>cannon
It definitely wasn't explosive, I'll give you that much.
>>
File: OTP.jpg (105KB, 589x785px) Image search: [Google]
OTP.jpg
105KB, 589x785px
>>13834892
Yuhata is better as a boy.
>>
>>13829104
I think it's reasonable to send four aces rather than fifty rookies. If the fight goes south the rookies will shit their pants and die in droves and then you're out fifty rookies and Gardes rather than four aces.

>>13831627
Hey now, the art style isn't that different. Closer than a lot of studios would have gone for, for sure.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.