[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shuriken Sentai Ninninger – 46

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 11

http://over-ti.me/releases/shuriken-sentai-ninninger-46/
>>
>>13824813
Why are there 3 reds now?
>>
>>13824879
You know how it's called final fantasy but they keep churning them out?

Here, you're looking at the last ninja(s).
>>
>that one mook piloting the fox mech

What, did Kyuuemon give him a shot of ninjality?
>>
>>13824964
He's done that a whole bunch of times before, so probably. Remember how he made a whole string of monsters that were ninjas out of Dadninger's Nintality? Presumably now that he's got The End Shuriken he's got plenty to spare.
>>
Next week is the last episode, and I don't even know what to feel. This was a pretty weak season, imo, but I still stuck with it until the end.
>>
>>13825133
just waiting for the helmetless role call.

the feels got me when the hologram was asking for forgiveness from his son
>>
>>13825133
I gave up very early, returned to the crossovers, saw all the problems I was seeing before except even worse and dropped it.

I hope the next one is better.
>>
>>13825133
I almost feel betrayed. Last season we complained about how the action was shitty, and the story was slow, but at the end it was pretty decent for all 10 of the people who stuck with it till the end.

This season we get good costumes, pretty good action, a story that showed small amounts of progress, but at the end it's like eh so what. The only shock factor was the gramps dying. But even that wasn't a surprise.
>>
>>13825157
True, I actually really enjoyed ToQger towards the end. With this, I just want it to be over already so that we can move on to Zyuohger.
>>
>>13825133
Ninnin was a very stock season. It's exactly what you would expect from a Sentai and not really anything more. Which is fine sometimes, the franchise has survived for so long precisely because you know more or less what you're getting each year.

Takaharu improved enormously as an actor, both because of his acting and because the director and writers figured out how to have him deliver his catchphrase in a way that wasn't ear-grating the way it was in the first few episodes. Same with Yakumo lightening up on the easy. The cast gelled well once they got going, especially once Kinji joined up. The mech designs were a nice change from the usual format, though I really do wish there'd been a use for Paon, UFO and Surfer in the final combination. The finale has had a proper even balance between all the members of the team, a blessed relief after Kyoryu and ToQ both had red solo endings.

Overall, I liked Ninnin. It's far from perfect, but it's also a far cry from the travesty some people have made it out to be. Its worst crime is just being okay.

>>13825149
Crossovers are never the way to judge a series. They're almost always written by someone who either only gets one part of the crossover or doesn't get either of them, with the result that everyone's written shoddily.
>>
>>13824813
>They had to write Fuuka out of character just to give her some "closure"
>Nagi and Fuuka took care of mooks while Yakumo, Kasumi and Kinji took care of the actual threats

They were consistent with the useful/uselessness distribution, but that's not a good thing.

>>13825157
>Last season we complained about how the action was shitty, and the story was slow
That's what people may have complained about here, yeah, but /ssg/ has incredibly shit taste anon. Toqger's only big flaw was the shitty suits and mechs. The writing was particularly good.
>>
>>13825133
I liked Kakuranger better, but Ninninger was alright for a ninja show.
>>
>>13825229
Ninninger actually made you care for some of the rangers who have actual personalities so at least its not the worst ninja sentai out there.
>>
>>13825208
Maybe I'm just really slow but I didn't know "easy" was Yakumo's catch-phrase until the game show episode
>>
>>13825219
>The writing was particularly good.

Yeah? Explain the final episode to me.
>>
>>13825298
It's not that complex, anon.

>Zed blankets whole city in darkness, Right is stuck in it until the other ToQgers come and bail him out
>Tokatti turns that hand over the mouth shit Right used to do on him back on him, showing how they've matured
>Akira fights Nero, inverting his catchphrase to show that he's discovered his reason for living
>Right's mother and the other lights of those who lived in their town create a railway out of light, formed out of their desire to see the kids again
>the Rainbow Line rams the castle and wrecks it, which had a large chunk of Zed's darkness in it so it weakens him
>everyone beats up the last three Shadows
>Mork and Nero sacrifice themselves to restore Zed, which pisses him off since even they've managed to achieve a positive feeling, their shining, which he still can't
>Right beats Zed using everyone's trains
>everyone gets turned back into kids thanks to the imagination of their parents
>>
Do we have any idea as to the suit actors to the other Akaningers? They don't have an easily recognizable body like Jiro Okamoto or anyone like that.
>>
>>13825133

They literally just used the "sentai plot" template without any changes for this season. It's not BAD, but it's a holding pattern.

The special effects were pretty good though.
>>
So since we are almost at the end of the series, were there any Youkai left over that weren't adapted as monsters for Ninninger? There aren't a lot of youkai to draw inspiration from I guess, maybe they used all of them for this series.
>>
>>13825960
What? There are tons of Yokai. Without looking for names, I know that they didn't include an Amefurashi at least (yokai that causes rain, name is also used for an actual slug, but the yokai itself sometimes is a slug and other times a girl that brings rain).

Just look at the list from yokai.com, and that's not even close to covering everything.
>>
>>13825994

Oh cool, I love researching things like legends and mythology, I'l lcheck it out. Thanks for the link.
>>
File: CZ4CexgWYAEFv0x.png orig.png (882KB, 650x800px) Image search: [Google]
CZ4CexgWYAEFv0x.png orig.png
882KB, 650x800px
>>13825133

It was a pretty boilerplate series. Kinji and Kyuuemon basically carried the show and the only one who got any real development was Nagi. Well, when the writers remembered that he exists.
>>
>>13825208
>Ninnin was a very stock season. It's exactly what you would expect from a Sentai and not really anything more. Which is fine sometimes, the franchise has survived for so long precisely because you know more or less what you're getting each year.
Pretty much the only reason why that one apologist poster always says "Shimoyama is the next Soda!", since Goggle V was apparently a stock season too.
>>
>>13826123
>the only reason
That's not the only reason. SSHimoyama and SOda were both some of the best secondary writers before getting the job as head writer.
>>
>>13826133
Oh yeah, he did do work on Go-Busters (especially the Gobus Vs. Gobus movie).
>>
>>13826138
He also wrote Gosei vs Shinken, IIRC, which was pretty good.
>>
>>13826175
Overall, he started out writing episodes for Goseiger and Gokaiger.

>>13825219
Gritta never did get to pull a Tranza, though.
>>
>>13825208
This is pretty much exactly how I feel. It's not an awful season and it's not spectacular either, but it's how I would expect a season that just goes with the flow to turn out like. It felt like they were playing it safe without deviating too much, and the little they deviated(Like bringing back the ninjas like Jiraiya and the Sentai crews) felt like it was still going with the flow in the grand scheme of things.

But like you said, the cast improved as it went on and the directors realized the strengths and weaknesses of their cast. The introduction of Kinji helped flesh things out, though it felt like the Kinji and Kyuemon thing went on a bit too long, and everything just felt sort of middle of the road. They gave everyone an equal amount of character development without any character feeling overwhelmingly pandered to(I think they learned from how much they were focusing on Kasumi at the start), and overall it's an okay season but that's as far as it goes for me.
>>
EAGLE
>>
>>13826597
DOLPHIN
>>
overall, how did everyone feel with the tributes to kakuranger/hurrianeger/jiraya? I guess magiranger too.
>>
>>13826756
BATTA
>>
IS THAT THE FUCKING NEKOMATA AGAIN?

And where is my Dad Ninger? He won't just because of a broken arm, c'mon.
>>
>>13827260
return of the return of the return of the return of the watchcat
>>
>>13827279
Technically one of those was his "Brother"
>>
>>13827296
brother was still a watchcat tho
>>
File: Akira Cries For Pussy.webm (1MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Akira Cries For Pussy.webm
1MB, 900x506px
>>13825427
Shame the finale couldn't quite match up to the end of Akira's arc though. I mean I was fighting back tears really fucking hard when Right left his pals home but most of the build up was spent before we got there and the finale really could have used mecha and ground fights on par with Go-Buster's finale to cap it off.
>>
>watch the first 50 seconds
>Dadninninger is a fucking balls of steel badass
>so yeah i havent ninja in decades and i just got this powers lets run into the fucking big boss with gramps.
>>
fuuka is an uber turbo super hyper mega ultra qt
>>
File: fuukaabest.gif (465KB, 320x316px) Image search: [Google]
fuukaabest.gif
465KB, 320x316px
>bitch manages to fall out of the chair, causing the mecha to duck and too giant mooks to hit each other.
>double peace
You motherfuckers...
>>
>>13832950
two* even
>>
>>13832468
If Dadninger hadn't lost his powers and been able to spend the last few decades training there would be no plot. It would have just been him styling on Gengetsu the minute he woke up.
>>
>>13832468
Dadninger is a gift. He's such a cute dad.

Did they ever say what happened to his wife/Fuuka and Takaharu's mom? Is she just dead or what?

Plus, did Tsumuji just never notice that his own dad was just super old all these years?
>>
>>13832468
>>13832966
He was said to have a masterful knowledge of ninjutsu and everything, so I thought it was all cool. And him getting hurt worse than the rest makes sense since he hasn't been physically training so wouldn't have the conditioning?
>>
>>13832950
>calling Fuuka a bitch
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how fucking dare you
>>
>>13832966
>If Dadninger hadn't lost his powers and been able to spend the last few decades training there would be no plot. It would have just been him styling on Gengetsu the minute he woke up.
i want a 5 minute short of this.
dad just fucking rekting everything Gengetsu and his goons throw at him.
>>
So
Why did Kyuuemon have to kill Grandpa to absorb his nintality, but he was able to just take Tsumuji's?
>>
>>13833039
because Grampa's nintality was the end shuriken, he was already dead.
>>
>>13833039
He didn't HAVE to. He already wanted to kill him, so his death was a nice bonus.
>>
>>13833043
So was Grandpa's dad's nintality the last shuriken as well? Because Gramps was like "WELL I HAD TO KILL MY DAD WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE! THAT'S HOW YOU WE BECAME THE LAST NINJA IN MY DAY."
>>
>>13833054
Maybe he was lying, knowing that the end shuriken was keeping him alive, there's no way to get it without killing or at least letting him die
>>
File: Takaharu fired up.png (514KB, 504x808px) Image search: [Google]
Takaharu fired up.png
514KB, 504x808px
>>13832998
She's also a slut.
>>
>Yakumo doesn't get a magic-based super form
>Kasumi doesn't make a super form with science
>>
Man, Karakuri Kyuubi was wasted in this.
>>
>>13837497
SHE IS IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP WITH KINJI
>>
File: america, fuck yeah.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
america, fuck yeah.webm
2MB, 640x480px
I think this season can be summed up by saying there's an american cowboy ninja, for whom they cast someone that can't speak a word of english, and for whom they didn't research a damn thing about cowboys or america in general. I'm not looking for coen brothers realism but SOME sort of flavor would have been nice. I mean whose idea was it to take Jiraiya's character and get rid of everything good about him?

Also, Carly. What the fuck is with Carly.
>>
Ninninger was pretty by the books. There interesting ideas - anything to do with Kinji, Kyuuemon's whole plot, but they generally took ages to get to these things beyond mentions at the end of episodes to remind us that they're still there.

I did like the cast, for the most part. Takaharu's actor is horrible but the rest of the team ranged from decent (Yakumo) to a lot of fun (Fuuka)
>>
>>13838097
Personally I found the entirety of Kinji's character really funny. Like the first episode he's featured in, where he cooks everyone steak and mashed potatoes for breakfast. I was like "This is what they think we eat in Texas for every meal and that's hilarious." Plus, when they showed that flashback of Kinji's childhood and his home is all saloons and covered wagons, my friends and I just laughed like, Kinji where the fuck do you even live?

Plus, wasn't part of the reason they cast Kane Kosugi as Jiraiya was because his dad was famous?
>>
Wait, so Gengetsu sent his newborn son to the future before he was sealed, how the fuck did Kyuuemon find out that he was Gengetsu's son? Nobody fucking knew.
>>
>>13840773
well for what we saw with mangetsu baby yokai are born intelligent so maybe before he was sent he got told
>hey Kyuuemon you are my son
>GOODBYE SEE YOU IN THE FUTURE
>>
>>13840814
I guess that makes sense. Since he's half human ( or so I assume) I just assumed he grew up as a human would.
>>
nyaa's still down, anyone got a magnet link?
>>
>>13840903
tokyotosho
>>
I didn't care much for the "I'll sum up everyone's character development for this show" stuff gramps did but his apology to dadninger was legitimately moving and I wish they explored the family dynamic even more. Where IS the mother anyway?
>>
>>13842302
I'm assuming she's dead or something since they literally never mention her. I agree with you, though. Gramps apologizing to Dadnin was a really touching scene.

It felt kind of lazy that they literally had to tell her viewer how the characters developed and it was kind of telling in regards to how poorly the show was written.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.