[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well this was shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: M2PERFECTCOLLECTION.jpg (63KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
M2PERFECTCOLLECTION.jpg
63KB, 1200x900px
Well this was shit
>>
It's also literally not canon. Which is why I didn't bother watching it.
>>
>>13814928
Yeah don't. It's like a complete fucking mistake with some good ideas
>>
>>13814935
Sounds like every Macross after Plus.
>>
>>13814935
Bullshit, Macross II is great. It isn't canon but it is a very worthy sequel to SDF. It may be kind of bad compared directly with SDF and DYRL, but I liked it way better than Plus, Zero, or Frontier.
>>
>>13814962
Plus has no ideas at all. It's not even anything. Its just muh dogfights and muh waifu.

It wasn't even Macross in the conception stage
>>
>>13814963
>Macross II is great.
No it's not

>It isn't canon but it is a very worthy sequel to SDF
It has like none of the things I like from Macross in it. I mean, obviously it 'does', they are in there but I don't like how its executed. I can't even remember a single dogfight that really stood out to me from it

I felt it was having problems from the beginning. Why the fuck would 80 years later "Let's just throw Minmei recordings at 'em" have still been working up until that one enemy?
>>
What was better for Frontier? The TV series or movies?
>>
>>13814921
At least this one has proto-Eve.
>>
>>13815008
I felt the movies were better cause they were shorter but they seriously gimp character development to focus on the main triangle/story. I hope you're not asking that to decide which to watch because the movies are supposed to be watched after the series
>>
>>13814928
>having this much of a stick up your ass
>>
>>13815020
I've watched both. I just want your guys' opinion.

I didn't like the movies because
>they seriously gimp character development to focus on the main triangle/story.

I liked the final fight in the TV series too.

Also, which one was considered canon to the timeline?
>>
>>13815030
In Macross literally everything is canon. Even if doesn't make sense

Except II. Which is what this thread is about
>>
The only good Macross is the original. It should have stayed a standalone series instead of a Gundamesque metaseries. It wasn't necessary.
>>
>>13815053
That's a very strong opinion that I do not agree with in the slightest.
>>
File: tumblr_m61li65k3Q1r8tl15o1_500.jpg (86KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m61li65k3Q1r8tl15o1_500.jpg
86KB, 500x375px
>>13815033
But songs from II was used by Jamming Birds in Macross 7. How you can explain that?
>>
>>13815074
Fanservice
>>
>>13815074
Macross II is probably meant to be a tv show within the macross universe just like DYRL and Zero
>>
Macross II was a perfectly enjoyable and solid OVA and I honestly don't get where the saltiness is coming from about it.
>>
So, does anyone know were I can download this series? any links...
>>
>>13815922
Zero did officially happen though, Mao is Sheryl's grandmother. DYRL you can chalk up as a theatrical re-enactment of the events of the TV show.
>>
>>13816029
Zero did happen but the zero we see is a tv show about the real zero, which is how all the contradictions in zero are fine
>>
>>13814984
>Why the fuck would 80 years later "Let's just throw Minmei recordings at 'em" have still been working up until that one enemy?
Why wouldn't it...? Song works against Zentraedi in Macross 2 just as well as it worked against them in Macross 7 and Frontier. Its not like the various Zentraedi fleets in the Macross universe are a hivemind, much less unified together.
>>
>>13814984
>It has like none of the things I like from Macross in it.
Neither do Frontier or Delta but I still have to live with it.
>>
>>13816089
Why did you stop there and ignore the rest of that part
>>
>>13814928
>it's not canon so it's bad and not worth seeing

That's what's so annoying about some of the Macross fanbase. Alternate timelines in Gundam and other franchises is perfectly acceptable but alternate timelines in Macross, ironically with all the inconsistencies within the "official" timeline, is reason enough to trash an installment without even seeing it.

>>13815033
Macross is such a clusterfuck of continuity that Kawamori declaring MII non-canon just because he wasn't involved with it seems rather hypocritical when the "official" timeline he put together himself is so inconsistent.
>>
>>13814984
>No it's not.

Yes it is.

>I can't even remember a single dogfight that really stood out to me from it

You weren't impressed with Nexx Gilbert taking on the Marduk?

>Why the fuck would 80 years later "Let's just throw Minmei recordings at 'em" have still been working up until that one enemy?

They didn't have Emulators.
>>
>>13815074
>>13815077

>claims to disown MII
>plays OST excerpts in background of M7 episodes

Kawamori being hypocritically inconsistent.

>>13815922
>>13816029
If DYRL is supposed to be an in-universe re-enactment of the "real-life" events in SDF, MII could very well be considered an in-universe sequel to DYRL.
>>
>>13815992
Subbed:

http://bakabt.me/torrent/151930/macross-ii-lovers-again-a-l-divx

HD:

https://www.nyaa.eu/?page=view&tid=579846
>>
File: image.jpg (58KB, 389x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 389x314px
>>
>>13814984
Macross II is fantastic. Character design by Mikimoto (in his era of grace). Even the mecha designs are masterfully done even if not by Kawamori. This stupid idea that only Kawamori can come up with good ideas about Macross is bullshit. Just look at the shit he came up with in Macross Plus and Zero. And when he dies then what will the franchise die with him ? Rolleyes. Macross II has all the ingredients of Macross, love triangle, sweet UN Spacy mecha of 2080 and good villains and of course Macross itself. No stupid cultureless aliens this time but a race that uses culture for war. The authors spun the core idea of Macross around 180 for this one.
And Macross II was canon before Kawamori stuck his shit around. Even if you consider it non canon, who cares. DYRL is not canon it's a fictionalized film within the fictional story of Macross. Every other series, 7, Frontier, Zero, even SDF Macross for all Kawamori wants are simple "fictionalizations" of real events we will never see. So who the fucks care about canon, Kawamori himself certainly doesn't.

And just to be clear, Macross II was the first sequel to Macross ever. It came out in 1993, way before 7 (talk about a shit sequel) and all the others. So 2080 as a date was perfectly acceptable.
>>
>>13816465
>They didn't have Emulators.
I actually liked the fact that the Marduk and their emulators could have been the reason that the Zentran's ancient combat manual warned them to avoid miclone planets.
>>
>>13816029
But was the song "Ai Oboeteimasuka" really a relic of the Protoculture, or was it invented by humans for the movie? Knowing this is necessary to interpret Grace using the song as a weapon against humans in Frontier.
>>
>>13816607
So mad.
>>
File: topc69c04.jpg (130KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
topc69c04.jpg
130KB, 1024x683px
あの連中に言っとくけど、銀魂をそののままマクロスにしても困る、だいたい介入したのがゼロぐらいだからどんなもの求めてるのか分かりそうだがスタッフはどうでもよかったのだろう、どうせなら園田健一と組んでバトルメックでも12話ぐらいで作ってくれれば良かったんだアーマードコアみたいになるだろうけど
>>
>>13816469
Thanks a lot!
>>
its actually a sequel to robotech
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.