[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was just fucking weird as hell and I don't think I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 6

This was just fucking weird as hell and I don't think I understood a fair amount of it but I think I liked it more than Plus.

Mao was clearly best girl though.

There was literally no point to having Roy in this
>>
>>13814838
It had GREAT dogfight choreography at times.

Though that's the most it has going for it.
>>
I didn't like that they fucked with the previously established lore.

>We built the Valkyries because we realized that giants were operating the Supervision Army ship that crashed on Earth, and we need humanoid machines of that size to combat them
>Just kidding! It was the anti-UN factions that developed Valkyries to fight during the Unification Wars, for no real apparent reason besides that there are already Destroids

>Roy was the test pilot for the first Valkyrie near the end of the Unification Wars, at a land base where he met Claudia
>Just kidding! Valkyries were deployed long before that, Roy first piloted a Valkyrie at sea, and here's Claudia's previously never mentioned brother as the back seater for the main character

>Protoculture seeded life across the galaxy in an attempt to undo the mistakes they made upon creating the Zentradi, and Earth's first contact with alien species was with the Zentradi
>Just kidding! Here's a random bird artifact that created an island in the middle of Earth and never did anything beyond it

As good as the action was, there are times that I wish that this never existed. There could have been plenty of other ways to write Sheryl in Frontier.
>>
>>13814904
>We built the Valkyries because we realized that giants were operating the Supervision Army ship that crashed on Earth
Wait, did they know they were giants beforehand? I thought that was a surprise to pretty much everyone
>>
>>13814842
>It had GREAT dogfight choreography at times.

You must be blind.

The only time "Macross Zero" and "choreography" should be in the same sentence is if the words "has terrible" come between them.
>>
>>13814904
>Just kidding! Here's a random bird artifact that created an island in the middle of Earth and never did anything beyond it
That "bird" was left by the protoculture you idiot.
>>
>>13814914
You're supposed to glean it through context, but it isn't immediately explained when Hikaru first encounters a Zentradi in episode 2 of SDF. It's shown later that Macross has huge fucking doors and airlocks that are built for use by Zentradi-sized people (e.g., the space tuna episode), and that's how they realized that it was operated by giants.
>>
>>13814904
>Here's a random bird artifact that created an island in the middle of Earth and never did anything beyond it
OP here. Was this not supposed to have just been left behind by Protoculture? I was assuming it was since it folded at the end
>>
>>13814904
>macross
>lore
>>
>>13814923
>You're supposed to glean it through context,
But they never say it in the show itself so how would I know that? Nothing in the show makes any indication that anybody knew the Zentraedi were giants ahead of time
>>
>>13814931
Actually they do, when Hikaru asks about battroid mode, I think Roy explains it to him.
>>
>>13814838
The story was so shit. I felt like going to be bar and drinking the memories away.
No good music, no good characters.
This show needed more Roy and Ivanov expressing their position, then there would be something good outside of the plane models.
The survival of the MC in the first episode is the fucking miracle.
>>
File: 1.jpg (10KB, 250x198px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
10KB, 250x198px
>>13814958
>No good music
Well that's true, but I did like that one song

>no good characters.
Oh come on. I never felt like I wanted the whole cast to die like in Plus. Everybody either plays their role or is inoffensive and not really that relevant like Roy
>>
>>13814960
When I say "No good characters", it doesn't mean that I hate them. For example, Roy's GF would be better with better glasses and better story.
Speaking of dying, almost all the surviving cast will die in the war with Zentradi.
>>
>>13814904

The birdman at least makes sense. Given the state of mind that the protoculture was in at the end of their civilization (literally being destroyed by their own weapons of war run amok) I can totally see the space hippies that oversaw the life seeding plan as be super against their creations being warlike too.

Their plan was, apparently, to make sure that any species they created was only allowed to leave their planet if they were peaceful, and hopefully the Zentradi would have finished killing each other off by then.
>>
>>13814904
Anti UN forces stole data on the then still in development VF-1 and built their own.
>long before that
1 fucking year before SDF. That's long?
The VF-0 is a goddamn testbed that wasn't supposed to be sent into real combat, they only sent them in because the enemy had SV-51s.

The Protoculture seeded Earth, as per usual, and left the Birdman in case the guys on Earth end up becoming a warring race like the zentradi.
>Taking the mythology they speak of seriously
There are some truth in it(Namely the Birdman and stuff), but taking them to be the absolute truth is silly.
>>
>>13814991

>>Speaking of dying, almost all the surviving cast will die in the war with Zentradi.

In relation to that, given that Mikimoto still did character designs for Zero, has he tried to reference Zero in his SDF manga?
>>
>>13814904
Zero takes place after the Unification War.

UN had the Macross and all the tech. Anti UN stole it all and got the Variable Fighter fielded first.

Protoculture left the Birdman artifact on Earth as a fail safe. Just in case humans got to war like before they could return. Unfortunately the who war with the Protodevlin and Supervision Army prevented that and killed off the Protoculture.
>>
>>13814904
>>We built the Valkyries because we realized that giants were operating the Supervision Army ship that crashed on Earth, and we need humanoid machines of that size to combat them
>>Just kidding! It was the anti-UN factions that developed Valkyries to fight during the Unification Wars, for no real apparent reason besides that there are already Destroids

Nora was lying actually. It was the UN that funded the R&D of the SV-51. It was in competition with VF-0. The VF-0 never got the reaction engines it was supposed to. The SV-52 had reaction engines but actual models and plans went with the Rain of Death. The Israelis sold the SV-51 to the Anti-UN.
>>
>>13815526
At some point 10,000 years before the Protoculture rediscovered Earth thus leaving the Bird Human to monitor humanity and choosing select bloodlines to have Space Time Resonance Ability. The fold wave hax Basara, Mylene, Emilia, Sara, Mao, Sheryl, Ranka, and the Walkure have. Leaving also genetic memory of the Protoculture and their culture to the Mayan ancestors as well as Fold Quartz to the Priestess Shrine Maiden bloodline.

What do I mean rediscovered? The Survey Ship that seeded Earth modifying its native primates was shot down by Anti-Stellar Republic forces. The Protoculture seeded Earth with intention of future colonization.

As for Zolans, Windermereians and Chuck's race they are at the Outer Rim of the galaxy. 2000 years after the Stellar Republic was dissolved there were still Protoculture at the edge of the galaxy. Thus probable reason for Sub-Protoculture races there.

PC 2875

Protoculture population continues to decrease even through the Protodeviln are sealed.
The network among each colonized planet disintegrates. Control of the Zentradi faction is lost and the reissuing of the prime directive "Do not interfere with Protoculture" becomes ineffective.

PC 3000

Dissolution of Stellar Republic.
Oppostion between the Supervision and Zentradi factions begins.

PC 5000

In what still remains of the Stellar Republic, only a small number of separated colonized planets, colonization fleets, space colony clusters [bunches], and other populations at the edge of the galaxy are left.

PC 25000

Near annihilation of Protoculture.
>>
>>13814838
>Mao was clearly best girl though.
Reminder that she gets murdered horribly by the Vajura
>>
>>13814923
Which is a plothole after 7 where they established that the supervision army is actually regular humans (protoculture) brainwashed by the Protodeviln.
>>
>>13817042
I thought there were some zentradi on both sides.
>>
>>13817042
What? No it's not. We don't know what the supervision army truly is.
>>
>>13817059
Newfaggot detected.
>>
>>13817059
Someone's late to the party.
>>
>>13817042
I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be that only happened after they made the Evil. Also as >>13817055 said, they made the Zentraedi before the Evil so I always thought there were giants on both sides which is why they thought Earthlings were micrones
>>
The supervision army is a clusterfuck of retcons and stupid bullshit. They just namedropped something mysterious in SDF then never explained it, then in 7 they just went okay whatever dudes here's what they are now shut up but it made no fucking sense.

>miclones using ships with zentraedi facilities
>the war is still ongoing as of SDF but somehow they were destroyed aeons ago by 7?
>>
>>13817080
Only one side of the Protoculture was destroyed by the Protodevilin, not the Supervision army side
>>
>>13814838

The first fight without the robots is the best part. Everything else is mediocre to shit.
>>
>>13817088
I keep hearing this that it was mediocre to shit but I don't see why? Nothing that happened really overtly pissed me off in it. It was a perfectly average story with nothing major as good or bad. Why does everything either have to be a masterpiece or its shit?

Does this have to do with /m/ not liking mystical things in mecha shows?
>>
>>13817042
>the supervision army is actually regular humans (protoculture) brainwashed by the Protodeviln.
Wasn't the ones they met in 7 the ones from the fleet that got possessed/brainwashed by the Protodevlins?

The Supervision Army from before 7 could have easily been entirely Zentradi.
>>
>>13814923
And Global explicitly said both the Zentradi Army and Supervision Army were giants. The Protoculture split between two factions and they assumed both groups were proxies for their war. It was not until years later Exedol doing further historical research that he found out about the Protodevlin.
>>13817042
No that was the Varauta Army. The Supervision Army had both brainwashed Protoculture and Zentradi in their ranks 500,000 years ago. Now there are only Zentran sized ones.

In the first episode of Macross 7 Exedol felt something familiar about those attacking the fleet but dismissed it as they were miclones using VFs. The Protodevlin got themselves a new slave army from Megaroad 13's Varauta colony.
>>
>>13814929
>He thinks Macross doesn't have lore
>>
>>13817080
>>miclones using ships with zentraedi facilities

I thought that the Varauta forces were produced only after they took over the Macross fleet that went to check on Gepel and gang. A bit insane on how the manage to churn out a full fleet including a contender to a Battle-class, but it's a reasonable assumption since they spent several years preparing to find and absorb other fleets for their Spiritia Farm project.

>>the war is still ongoing as of SDF but somehow they were destroyed aeons ago by 7?

I thought the original plotline was that the Protoculture was split into two factions in some sort of civil war, the Protoculture, and the Supervision Army which was essentially the same thing, and were eventually destroyed by the growing conflict, leaving only their factory warriors to continue fighting on beyond-the-grave orders.

7 tells enough to infer that the Protoculture split was probably due to the Protodevlin taking residence in Protoculture minds, hence the original narrative as a Protoculture civil war, and that the Anima Protoculture must have sealed the Protodevlin before their annihilation, but it doesn't change the fact that the Protoculture were eventually destroyed in a war that had already got too big even for them. It's not like having Anima Spiritia is going to prevent a Supervision Army warship from sniping the ship the Protoculture Anima guy is in. Macross 7 only got incredibly lucky in that the Varauta only ever conducted raids for the entire first half of the series and Basara only ever dumps into two stats, music and evade.

Nothing too far out there, honestly.
>>
>>13817141
>All this fanon, never checking Macross Chronicle or Macross Compendium.

To keep it short. The Protoculture originated from a planet in the core region of the galaxy. Using STL drives they started colonizing space but that also brought conflict. Using genetic engineering they created the Zentradi as proxies in their war. At some point they started fashioning their tech after the Vajra. They eventually achieved FTL speeds with Fold drives. A couple of centuries down the line the Protoculture unite under the Stellar Republic. The Stellar Republic expands its territory that distance and communications are affected. 70 years after unification Protoculture split between the Stellar Republic and Anti-Stellar Republic forces. As always the Protoculture don't fight by themselves using Zentradi. The Civil War escalated to the point of developing biological mecha. Bird Human, Bugs in Macross M3, Dyaus in Macross 30 and the Evil Series Zentradi were examples of such. On a advanced arsenal planet, the 4th planet of the Varauta system, the shelved Evil Series were given Super Dimension Organs to power their weapons. This allowed extra-dimensional aliens taking over the Evil Series. Dubbed the Protodevlin as they are like devils of legend these entities could not survived our universe without Spiritia which is present in every living being. They brainwashed the inhabitants of the advanced arsenal planet and their Zentradi forming what would be called the Supervision Army. Invading planets draining the Protoculture of their lifeforce. The Protoculture factions had to stop fighting and work together against this threat but they were mostly too late as hundreds of billions are dying. The Zentradi were having problems fighting the Supervision Army initially due to them having Protoculture in their ranks because of orders not interfering with Protoculture. Those orders were removed.
>>
>>13817213
A group of Protoculture called Anima Spiritia sealed the Protodelin on the same planet the Evil Series were created. With 85% of the Protoculture dead the Zentradi chain of command is broken that only a few fleets receive the order of not interfering with Protoculture or Miclones. The Stellar Republic dissolves and the Zentradi Army and former Protodelin thralls now known as the Supervsion Army restart their conflict. The Protoculture was never able to bring back their population to their former size and are declining. There were still Protoculture colony worlds, space colonies and colonial fleets at the edge of the galaxy. Tens of thousands of years later the Protoculture was nearly annihilated.
>>
>>13817141
The Protodevlin woke up in 2043 and they attacked Macross 7 fleet in 2045. The Varauta colony had already established itself since 2025, that is 18 years. The Fleet Flagship Carrier ,which had 8 big reaction missiles with 24 warheads each having the power of 10 gigatons and 8 Macross Cannons , was built by the Varauta colony previously to deal with a small Zentradi fleet excessing a thousand ships. The Protodelvin just seized their defense fleet along with their colony resources leading to a fleet of 502 ships with several hundred thousand troops.
>>
>>13817017
Do you think the Windermerians have Space Time Resonance Ability? I mean, Freyja could hear the Var song (and also Hayate, maybe because that pendant is fold quartz, and Mikumo) and there's a part when one of the twins seems to notice Messer is behind him without seeing him and his diamond-shaped hair end glows.
>>
File: 20070330.jpg (628KB, 2000x1374px) Image search: [Google]
20070330.jpg
628KB, 2000x1374px
>>13814918
Fuck you, faggotron, Zero had some of my favorite battles in the franchise.

https://youtu.be/m-8bDpW823o
^Respect the cobra, you little shit.
>>
>>13817326
Shit taste, fagarooni.
>>
>>13817302
It may be similar to Sara and Mao being able to sense hostility or what they call Kadun.
>>
>>13817213
>Type up a hasty reply to a hasty post showing how even from the scenes of the shows, things are easily deducible

>Gets called a filthy fanfiction writer

This is a lot more insulting than I expected it to be.
>>
>>13814922
>waaahhh waaahhh you idiot
>>
>>13817415
Because it is obvious you didn't even watch SDF Macross particularly episode 31 where Global tells his inner circle what Exedol found out. In the original narrative the Supervision Army was just another group of giants like the Zentradi not Protoculture as you claim.
>>
>>13814838
>Mao was clearly best girl though.
Of course she is, daily reminder best girl is her grand daughter.
>>
>>13818598
Sara wasn't that great compared to Mao being a best of best but she was still pretty hot. That entire family of Nomes produces nothing but cuties
>>
>>13818613
Producing superior women is the true Nome family tradition.
>>
>>13817441
Complains.
Every one of his points get rebutted.
Tries to damage control by talking shit.

You poor, poor boy.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.