[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War in the Pocket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

I've been watching Gundam in order, and I just finished this a little bit ago. How the fuck is it possible that I cared more about these characters in just six episodes than I cared about any of the other characters besides Char and Amuro over close to a hundred episodes and a movie? This is a mile better than anything released in the franchise so far from what I've seen.
>>
>>13810493
Ok?
>>
File: 1450915918651.jpg (280KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1450915918651.jpg
280KB, 720x480px
>>13810493
It's okay anon, i bet we'll have a new war soon
>>
>>13810493
>This is a mile better than anything released in the franchise so far from what I've seen.

Victory is better than War in the Pocket IMO. Perfect blend of (almost) believable character and plot with good old robot fights.
>>
0080 is shit.
>>
>>13811104
kill yourself
>>
Honestly, 0080 would've been better if both Chris and Bernie died in the end.
>>
Honestly, I don't get what so special about War in the Pocket. I mean it's pretty good, but early UC is just way better imo.
>>
You have a short attention span
>>
>>13811220
It is early UC.
>>
>>13811287
I meant the TV series, sorry.
>>
>>13811253
Are you fucking retarded? 0080 is always the first Gundam ADHDs roll their eyes at.
>>
>>13811253
OP said he watched everything up to 0080, though.
>>
>>13810898
Plot and characters were both atrocious and the mecha fights were 95% "Uso throws his legs at the bad guy."
>>
>>13812153
Agreed. It's beyond me why /m/ has such a raging hard on for that piece of shit, easily one of the worst Gundam series.

0800 is fine, I guess. Nothing really special about it. Literally nothing happens until the end and the "climax" is some brat making a terrible decision not only pretty much killing himself but potentially getting the entire colony destroyed. It's not a terrible OVA or anything but it's pretty bad and certainly not comparable to early Tomino UC.
>>
>>13810493
because this is the 1st Gundam Tomino had nothing to do with
>>
>>13811181
>Honestly, 0080 would've been better if both Chris and Bernie died in the end.

definitely would have truly fucked Al
>>
>>13812191
>definitely would have truly fucked Al
You know what? Al should've gone full-Kira. There should be a show where Alfred Izuruha shows up and goes "MUH UNDERSTANDING" before wasting some Feddies and Zeeks. If anyone would actually have a reason to be the third party, it'd be Al.

But seriously, I would like a UC entry where characters like Al show up as secondary actors.
>>
>>13812183
How did Bernie make a terrible decision?
>>
>>13811104
You just keep proving how shit you are over and over yet somehow manage to surprise me.

And this is coming from someone who thinks that /m/ circle jerks 0080 a bit hard but it is far from shit and still one of the better entries into the franchise as a whole.
>>
Probably the only Gundam that effectively sold an anti-war narrative
>>
>>13812183
>I do not possess the capacity to follow a straight forward plot.
>>
>>13812255
I fantasize that Al kills himself as a teenager, the guilt finally too much for him.
>>
>>13812153
To say 95% of the fights consisted of that means you either dropped it early or are guiding your opinion on the series by gifs and opinions you've seen here on /m/
>>
>Bernie dies
>Snake, what happened?! Snake?! SNAKE? SSSNNNAAAAKKKKEEEE!!!
>>
>>13810898
You are full of shit. Theres no way you can say that given that victory gundam subtitles are crabstick tier
>>
>>13812534
Bernie... had a hard life.
>>
>>13812426
Nice job trying to call me bluff because you're too dumb to understand what an exaggeration is.

Uso throwing his legs is an incredibly overused gimmick in a hackneyed attempt to prove to the audience what a resourceful fighter he is, as they are utterly incapable of showing anything else interesting happening without going over animation budget, or hiring better storyboarders I guess. Same thing with Zeta with the "Shoot, dodge, switch to screaming inside pilot shot" that works well when you have nothing else to show.

To speak of /m/ opinions, though, there's a reason no one mentions Victory (and not really Zeta, aside from the last one) when people bring up favorite fights in Gundam/Mecha history. It's because they're awful.

>>13812361
Tomino shows always have a way of telling a straight forward plot so badly that if you're actually paying attention to what each character is saying you end up confused. There's a suprising disconnect between how characters act, how they should be acting in any given situation, and how much of that is supposed to be the point and how much of that is just the plot being all over the place.

But yeah. Earth is great, Space people not all bad.

>>13812183
>Literally nothing happens until the end and the "climax" is some brat making a terrible decision

You could describe the first Godfather movie the same way and you'd be just as dumb.
>>
File: bernievsalex.jpg (72KB, 1058x704px) Image search: [Google]
bernievsalex.jpg
72KB, 1058x704px
>>13812601
>>
>>13812534
>"Bernie, remember the basics of CQC."
>"Okay."
>he doesn't
>>
>>13810493
The characters are far more relatable and realistic.

It's completely devoid of newtype bullshit or melodrama stemming from implausible family relations.

Also, the animation is some of the best in the entire franchise.
>>
>>13812183
>It's beyond me why /m/ has such a raging hard on for that piece of shit, easily one of the worst Gundam series.

It's really just a vocal minority. Kinda like the SEEDfags or people that like G-Reco.
>>
>>13812183
>Literally nothing happens until the end

If you only follow the story by the mecha fights, sure.
>>
>>13812183
>Literally nothing happens until the end
I fucking hate neo /m/
>>
Teatime with Chris!
>>
File: 1453610200419.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1453610200419.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>13812877
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.