[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Find a flaw.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 1446070313022.jpg (187KB, 850x858px) Image search: [Google]
1446070313022.jpg
187KB, 850x858px
Find a flaw.
>>
File: thud.jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thud.jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
>>
He was realistically shitty but that didn't make him very interesting.
>>
>>13809988
Is that a bionicle?
>>
>>13810020
It's the Kanohi Zoloat, the Great Mask of Strings.
>>
File: victorygunda.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
victorygunda.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>13809988
he's actually wearing his sisters undies on his head
still a better mask than the current obligatory masked rivals one though and quite a few others too
reminds me of the mask racing driver might wear. He had potential as a character but they seemed to forget about him at the end
>>
>>13809988
Space commie
>>
File: godlike.jpg (42KB, 623x626px) Image search: [Google]
godlike.jpg
42KB, 623x626px
>>
>>13809988
Naive, weak-willed, easily manipulated by those above him. Worked for basically an evil empire that committed atrocity after atrocity, but blinded to it by his devotion to the ideals of its figurehead.

Basically, Garma clone.
>>
In the end Chronicle is kind of a shit.
>>
>laser disc
>>
Biggest beta in the franchise
Even moreso than Saji
>>
>>13810229
>huge
>shiny
>only worth nowadays is '80s nostalgia
Laserdiscs are the most /m/ video format
>>
>>13810614
I thought laserdisc was a nineties thing.
>>
>>13810637
Laserdisc picked up a following faster in Japan. After all, they're the only ones to come up with HD ones.
>>
>>13810637
they're surprisingly old
>>
>>13809988
It always bothers me when a character leans into the camera and says something like, "And then, I'LL take control of the Angel Halo," but then he never gets around to it. I guess it's "realistic" when people make these plans and promises that go nowhere, but it sure is disappointing.

Didn't Jerrid mention that he wanted to reform the Titans from within in Zeta? But that one line never paid off. Then there's the early drafts of First Gundam's ending, apparently translated by Mark Simmons long ago, where Char realizes he played right into the hands of the family that killed his father, yet he doesn't seem to do anything to redeem himself, with Amuro being the one to kill the last Zabi. (Maybe that summary of an outline just didn't go into enough detail.)
>>
>>13811261
>where Char realizes he played right into the hands of the family that killed his father, yet he doesn't seem to do anything to redeem himself, with Amuro being the one to kill the last Zabi
That's now how it went. Char had the opportunity to kill Kycilia and Gihren but instead worked with them because he prioritized his grudge against Amuro
>>
>>13811288
If I wanna watch Char's Counter Attack, and I only saw Zeta, do I have to go and watch original gundam to get the whole backstory?
>>
>>13811395
You could just watch the movies or read the origin comics if you didn't want to watch all of 0079
>>
>>13811420
Should I? I watched all of Ideon to enjoy To Be Invoked.
>>
>>13811395
>I only saw Zeta
why would you watch the direct sequel with half the cast returning first
>>
>>13811434

Best to watch the full series since the movies (obviously) is an abridged version.
>>
>>13809988
the pilot
>>
>>13810151
>Naive, weak-willed, easily manipulated by those above him. Worked for basically an evil empire that committed atrocity after atrocity, but blinded to it by his devotion to the ideals of its figurehead.

What no

We don't get a lot of Cronicle and Katejina's motivations or Alfonso Kagatie's behind the scenes bullshit (arguably Victory's main failing) but Cronicle's useful expository dialogue during the final arc indicates that, yes, he's well aware that the Empire is fucking evil, and yes, he's aware that Maria is being used by the Jovians (who in addition to controlling the banks and fuel control empires as well), and his motive is to free her from that shit while dealing with his massive insecurities.

Katejina's just fucking nuts.
>>
Katejina was the true Char in the end of Victory
>>
>>13811514

She wasn't even a Char, she was her own special blend of insanity. If you had to compare her to anything, she was a weird mix of Haman, ZZ Haman, and fucking Reccoa.
>>
>>13809988
He's CHRONICLE. Shouldn't I be trying to find something not flawed instead? It'd be harder.
>>
>>13810229
What, do you hate the best physical video format ever?*

*as far as cover design is concerned
>>
>>13811462

In fairness it's not like you NEED to watch MSG to see Zeta, the movies alone give you all the backstory you need for that.
>>
File: IMG_0322[1].jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0322[1].jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
>>13811686
No. But it is not best as far as quality is concerned so it is a flaw.
I actually own all of Victory Gundam on laserdisc.
>>
>>13811288
Here's the passage of the summary I was basing my statement on:
>Char, who is really messed up at this point, limps back to Giren's headquarters at A Bao A Qu. Giren pins a medal on his chest and gives him a hefty promotion for helping him attain ultimate victory. Char is horrified to realize that, distracted by his vendetta against Amuro, he's not only failed to complete his original mission but he has in fact helped his father's murderer become supreme ruler of the human race.

Source: http://gundam.aeug.org/archives/1999/01/1156.html

I'll just assume this really is Simmons's summary, and that the stories told about him and his copy of the "Mobile Suit Gundam Record Collection" are true. A post from as far back as 1997...
>>
>>13810010
That death was fucked up.
>>
>>13811973

Fun fact. He doesn't die because the suit crashes. If you look closely, he dies because he's literally tossed out of the torn open cockpit and snaps his neck on the surface.

Tomino is brutal.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.