[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does brain powerd have the best dialogue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

Why does brain powerd have the best dialogue
>>
because tomino went nuts
>>
am i the only one who thinks Tomino's dialogue is very natural?
>>
File: a-healthy-cow.jpg (57KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
a-healthy-cow.jpg
57KB, 640x480px
>>13796349
No
>>
>>13796349
No.It's the honest to God truth.People just don't realize it because they usually don't even listen to each other.
Which in the first place is the cause for Tomino dialogue.
>>
>>13796319
That was a bit jarring.
>>
>>13796349
The world is not square, anon.
>>
File: Heenan_crop_north.jpg (37KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
Heenan_crop_north.jpg
37KB, 630x420px
>>13796305
>Why did I agree to use the Brain for a job like this
>>
File: gguntor1.jpg (34KB, 290x350px) Image search: [Google]
gguntor1.jpg
34KB, 290x350px
>>13796362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI
>>
>>13796349
Tomino's dialogue is natural in weird ways. Shit like "The Earth is not square!" and "UNIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASU!" are dorky things that normal people would say in an attempt to sound cool. People are weirded out by it because it's not normal in drama to see characters exposit half-baked philosophy like they would in real life.
>>
File: tomino.gif (450KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.gif
450KB, 320x240px
Is Brain Powered closer to happy Gainer tomino or classic kill em Tomino?
>>
>>13797078
Because when he actually feels like working, he's worth his weight in gold, even though he won't put in a lick of effort before or after.
>>
>>13797372
imagine turn a tomino and each time he's heading for a dark turn he tries to correct it or soften the impact
>>
>>13797330
>Tomino's writing is literally too good for people
>>
>>13796305

IN MY DREAMS
>>
>>13796349
Natural like in having bad actors improvise their lines. It's too natural, when making fiction you have to cheat.
>>
any seeded torrents for brain powerd?
>>
>>13800682

This.

Fictional dialogue requires the removal of nearly half of "real" conversation due to the complete lack of content or understanding.

All the placeholders, aborted sentences, fillers, stutters and similar are stripped out because an idealized story requires idealized dialogue. Only characters who, through conservation of detail, need to be considered absent minded, shy, inept or awkward maintain speech disfluency.

I personally like it better when people speak "naturally" but it takes significantly more effort to keep up with an unclear dialogue.
>>
>>13801078
Tomino is too good for you plebs
>>
>>13797372

It's kind of like watching Tomino try and ape Kawamori's new age craziness.

But,I'd say it's closer to happy Tomino than anything else. There's like, no named deaths in this series.
>>
well I guess Ill give it a go and...everyone is already naked
>>
>>13801915
>But,I'd say it's closer to happy Tomino than anything else. There's like, no named deaths in this series.
Wait, seriously? I always stayed away from it because of the creepy Nagano designs. If they're just Nagano being Nagano, then I'm gonna watch the shit out of it.
>>
>>13796349
I dunno about natural or not but I've liked his writing ever since I watched Ideon
>>
Tomino created Brain Powered as a response to Evangelion.

He recently criticized Attack on Titan and I'm waiting for his series response for that as well.
>>
>>13804421
>Tomino created Brain Powered as a response to Evangelion.

People still believe this retarded rumor?
>>
>>13804537
Yup, even Tomino gave up before hand in trying to explain why BP wasn't a response to Eva.
>>
File: jonathon glenn.jpg (610KB, 640x2436px) Image search: [Google]
jonathon glenn.jpg
610KB, 640x2436px
>>13796305
needs more jon glen
>>
>>13800946
Save youself the trouble and download only the opening and ending. They're the only good parts to Brain Powered.
>>
>>13804421
>He recently criticized Attack on Titan

Not as much as people seem to think he did. He commented on two things
1) the fact it seems to revel in the death and carnage more than it probably needs to
2) the manga's art is kind of crude

and to be perfectly frank, he's not wrong on that second point. Even the finished books have some pages that look like Isayama just ran with roughs that he meant to go back and clean and forgot about.
>>
>>13804607
I'm a curious masochist
>>
>>13804640
>1) the fact it seems to revel in the death and carnage more than it probably needs to
Yoshiyuki Tomino said this?
>>
>>13804607
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>13804640
It's nihilism for nihilism's sake.

Until they reveal the DARK SECRET in the basement and save the world.
>>
>>13805793
it probably reminds him too much of his victory days since he resents it
>>
>>13796319
Does anyone know what the original line was?
>>
>>13810465
Anyone?
>>
>>13814766
There was a guy who posted an explanation a while back but I can't seem to find it. Something about a metaphor involving balancing the books and ledgers that got screwed up because of someone mixing up a pronunciation or kanji.
>>
>>13805793
Remember he's had a change of heart.
He isn't fond of his "former immaturity"
>>
B PLATES?
>>
File: destroy all vermin.png (492KB, 602x566px) Image search: [Google]
destroy all vermin.png
492KB, 602x566px
It has the best dialogue because no space rat scum is around.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.