[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kakuranger dvds are announced.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: Kakuranger.png (471KB, 409x580px) Image search: [Google]
Kakuranger.png
471KB, 409x580px
Kakuranger dvds are announced.
>>
>>13786857
wow, that cover already looks better than every Power ranger dvd cover.
>>
OH MY GOD
>>
>>13786924
10/10 bait
>>
so wait, why do they get to use the transformed costumes this time?
>>
Are the DVD sets worth picking up?
>>
>>13787440
yeah. the Zyuranger and Dairanger are pretty good.
>>
>>13787440
Their Dairanger set is the best subs the show has ever had (which isn't saying much but they're decent) and their Zyuranger set is fine. I thought MFC's subs were better but they're fine, they really are. Picture quality's great, but the complete dearth of extras is disappointing, especially for a Shout Factory release. No movies because they're counted as a separate license, but also no PVs, trailers or that one Zyuranger video special.

>>13787334
Better than any of their previous Sentai DVD covers anyway. I'm surprised they were actually allowed to show them in costume this time, that's been a big no no for the last two shows they put out.

Anyone else have an awful feeling that this is the last Sentai show they're going to release?
>>
When's the release date?
>>
>>13787353
If I had to pull something out of my ass, I'd bet it's because the Kakuranger suits are less likely to be confused with Power Rangers than the Zyu/Kiba Ranger suits.
>>
>white falcon zord revealed at comic con
>this
It's like they knew.
>>
>>13787514
>I'm surprised they were actually allowed to show them in costume this time
Alien Rangers aren't a iconic and rarely appeared compared to other ranger adaptions.
>>
>>13787554
But they never even used the Dairanger suits apart from Kibaranger and they used all the Kakauranger suits, no matter how briefly. In that case why couldn't they just have the regular Dairanger team transformed on the cover and just leave out Kiba?

I think Saban just doesn't give a shit about Kakuranger or they've decided to give Shout Factory a bit more leeway with future releases.
>>
>>13787578
>white falcon zord revealed at comic con
Wait, what?
>>
>>13787624
Likely a Legacy White Falconzord.

>>13787578
So are they not releasing Legacy versions of the rest of the Dairanger mecha?
>>
>Another season the already has subs
Fucking assholes.
>>
>>13787691
>WAHHH GIMMIE GIMMIE
Entitled retard
>>
>>13787696
The fact that I am willing to pay for subs that haven't already been done makes me entitled.
I even bought the other two even though I already watched them.
>>
>>13787691
The only 90s Sentai without full subs is Gogo V and Fiveman, I'd be fine with the first, but if you want Fiveman THAT badly anon, be my guest.
>>
>>13787707
Fiveman is awesome though, Kakuranger though is kinda mediocre. Not him BTW.
>>
>>13787691
There aren't many Sentai left without subs anyway

At this rate they might get to Carranger before Haro ever does the v2s with Kou's translations of the early episodes
>>
>>13787691
You really expect them to skip around in the order of official releases to accommodate what's already been fansubbed?
>>
>>13787943
Why not, they started with the 15'th show, evidentally 'order of official release' means nothing to them.
>>
>>13788513
You dolt.

What was the first Super Sentai that was officially adapted? The second? The third?
>>
>>13787554
>>13787353
My guess is that they couldnt get full good quality pics of the cast in suits at the time of the show.

I dont think Power Rangers has anything to do with it since the Kakuranger suits did appear there.
>>
>>13787514
>Anyone else have an awful feeling that this is the last Sentai show they're going to release?
If they released anything that inst Zyuranger then anything goes.
>>
>>13787691
>tfw gogoV and Timeranger will probably be fully subbed when they get there
>>
>>13788546
I understand why they did it. I'm showing the flaw in that other guy's logic.
>>
>>13788513
15th show is Jetman, dude. I wish they started there.
>>
Looks so much better than the other two releases. I'm curious to know how many show's they do. They only released two ultraman shows, but that was due to licencing issues I assume?
>>
File: SABAN.jpg (39KB, 1110x429px) Image search: [Google]
SABAN.jpg
39KB, 1110x429px
Pardon the ignorance, but how the hell did they got around with... you know, Saban and stuff?
>>
>>13789383
They did the original Ultra trilogy, Ultra Q, Ultraman and Ultra Seven, but only because they licensed the shows from Chaiyo, who still hold a set of tapes and the rights to some classic Ultra shows in some Robotech/Macross tier legal red tape nightmare. They never actually negotiated with Tsuburya Productions. These Sentai releases have to go through both Saban and Toei. From what they've said they'll keep licensing Sentai shows as long as people keep buying them, they already do pretty well out of their Power Rangers license.
>>
>>13789400
The Arch Jew takes his cut of course, my DVDs have Saban Productions on the side. Also partly why they couldn't show the teams in their uniforms on the DVD covers for Zyu and Dai. Saban never has any objection to something he can make money out of.
>>
>>13789413
>Saban never has any objection to something he can make money out of.

Sometimes I wish he had Macross in his hands.
>>
>>13789413
still no good subs of digimon.
>>
>>13788513
You really are retarded
>>
>>13787353
>>13787554

from Twitter

>Honestly, the only high-res photography Toei provided didn't have any group shots without the costumes.
>>
>>13789400
>13789400
Because, unlike, most people think, Saban doesnt hate sentai. He also gets his cut.
>>
>>13788588
>timeranger
>will be fully subbed
>>
>>13787707
>Fiveman sucks
>Has no subs

But I totally know it sucks because the internet told me. Oh, and Ohranger almost killed Sentai.
>>
File: grey.gif (915KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
grey.gif
915KB, 500x375px
>>13786857
I love it. Kaku's one of my favs.
>>
>>13795510
>Oh, and Ohranger almost killed Sentai.
Ironic since Carranger had episodes with far worse ratings.
>>
>>13796084

Can that suit actor even see what he's doing? Skills, if he did that blind.
>>
So we got two releases last year, Is it safe to assume two this year, or maybe more? How often does SHOUT put dvds out?
>>
File: saban money.jpg (68KB, 850x470px) Image search: [Google]
saban money.jpg
68KB, 850x470px
>>13789400
>>
>>13795510
>Implying the dubbed version isn't proof enough that Fiveman was a weak entry

Moonspeak ain't gonna make that team robot any cooler.
>>
>yfw Shout gets the rights to sub more Sentai, start subbing B-Fighters, Kamen Rider, and Ultraman.
>>
If Shout ever gets Kamen Rider (good fucking luck), where should they start?

Original series is one choice. It's getting a Blu-Ray. But it might be too campy for people. Then again, this the company that sells Gerry Anderson's puppet shows so I don't think camp is an issue.

There's the end of the Showa era with Black and Black RX. Popular series and would probably resonate better with people that bought Zyuranger and Dairanger.

The most likely is the beginning of the Heisei era with Kuuga.
>>
>>13797567
it's also possible they might start with a post-Decade series
>>
>>13797567
>might be too campy for people.
>Shout has done three series of Ultra-'Grown Men in Spandex won't sub it cause it's too childish'-man
They did Ultra-Q. ULTRA-Q. No giant heroes saving the day. Just Japanese Tokusatsu Twilight Zone. I'm sure a dude in a bug helmet riding a motorcycle will be more then enough to draw some attention.
>>
>>13798810
Assuming the failures of both attempts at Americanizing KR (the second one not being a Saban production, but still) won't deter them from trying. Also, Kamen Rider V3 got an official English release, so that gives the fans something to compare Shout sets to, which might cause a problem.
>>
>>13787691
I haven't kept up with Sentai subs in a while. Were the fansubs for this series already pulled down? Who subbed this series?
>>
>>13787901
>There aren't many Sentai left without subs anyway
Just Gorenger and Denziman.

Unless those have suddenly acquired full subs and I'm just woefully out of touch.
>>
>>13800833
There's also Goggle V, which may or may not be picked up by LxC in the future. Gore(a)nger is more than halfway done by Rampage, which will still take a while.
>>
File: トットパット.jpg (19KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
トットパット.jpg
19KB, 640x480px
>>13796084
>tfw you find out that this suave motherfucker goes on to be Tottopat
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.