[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

So I want to get into Gundam, and all I know is what's in this 1st book. Any recommendations as to how I should continue? It's my first mecha
>>
File: 1334780891685.jpg (2MB, 2800x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1334780891685.jpg
2MB, 2800x3000px
Can't hurt to try watching the original TV series or movie compilation. You might appreciate the Origin more if you put it off until after you've seen the show it's based off of.

After that you can follow the production order of series. Zeta, ZZ, and the movie "Char's Counterattack" are sequels to the first show. After that it's a grab bag of OVA side stories and alternate universe series like G Gundam, and Gundam Wing ,ect. Pick out what looks cool to you.

Alternatively try out other series like SDF Macross, Mobile Police Patlabor, and Armored Trooper Votoms.
>>
>>13780572
Thanks based anon
>>
>>13780519
Buy the rest of the books. You could also read it on Comic Walker and just buy Volume 4 and onwards if you want to save money. The Origin manga is probably the best version of the original 0079 story
>>
File: Guide0.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
Guide0.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>13780572
Updated version.
>>
>>13781062
i wonder if another row will ever be added
>>
>>13781076
If Gundam continues to be a successful franchise and Bandai keeps printing money it certainly wouldn't be surprising.

Will that theoretical next row be good? There's a question.
>>
Buy the toys that's pretty much what the entire series is about after the first
>>
File: Untitled-15.jpg (168KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-15.jpg
168KB, 720x960px
>>13780519
Did someone can recomend a book where you can find all the timeline of Gundam or something similar to an encyclopedia ?
Thanks
>>
>>13781062
>>13780572
>Can't hurt to try watching the original TV series or movie compilation. You might appreciate the Origin more if you put it off until after you've seen the show it's based off of.
Not really. The Origin stands out on its own pretty well. The animation in the original series has aged VERY badly.

My recommendation, OP, is that you just forget about those dumb charts and just keep reading all the way to volume XII.

>>13781491
>Did someone can recomend a book where you can find all the timeline of Gundam or something similar to an encyclopedia ?
There isn't any. Gundam is kinda like a cathedral, with modifications and extensions to the original done over the years. As it stands now, there are 10 different timelines.
>>
>>13783870
>The animation in the original series has aged VERY badly.
I hate this shitty meme. The animation is very good, and much more fluid than any of its sequels in most cases. The artwork itself might look "dated", but saying the animation itself has aged very badly is only something a fucking moron who has no idea what he's talking about would say. Fucking end yourself you fucking useless piece of shit.
>>
>>13783870
okay this is what i figured.
so any website ?
>>
>>13783889
You're right, 0079's animation was always bad. A shame the inkers fucked everything up.
>>
>>13780519
Don't start with that, watch the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy first.
>>
>>13783870
>>13784491
The animation doesn't stop it being one of the few actually decent entries in the franchise, do not listen to this guy OP. It's probably just bait anyway, at least I hope it is
>>
>>13780519
That's actually a re-imagining of the original series. Not the original series itself.
>>
>>13783870
>The animation in the original series has aged VERY badly.
I'd still take it any day over the standard modern CGI fare. Not that CGI is inherently bad, just that it's used in brain-meltingly bad ways.
>>
>>13784570
no bait.
just a guy who want to understand much better the anime.
>>
>>13783870
>>13784491
Underage bandwagon fags killing /m/. Fuck off and leave.
>>
Forget all the haters here. Watch Gundam Seed first.
>>
>>13785316
No he should watch AGE first.
>>
>>13783889
I'm not really sure what world you're living where 0079, a show that had an episode pulled because of bad the art and animation were, has better animation than Zeta or CCA or the rest of UC but lmao at this awful bait
>>
>>13784558
why would you ever tell someone they shouldn't start with the definitive version of 0079 after they have already started it
>>
where can i go to start watching these series?
>>
>>13785295
Doesn't everything kill /m/
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.