[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Instead of thinking it in terms of super and real, it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: lvi6csqeWm1qi3m05o1_500.jpg (128KB, 500x363px) Image search: [Google]
lvi6csqeWm1qi3m05o1_500.jpg
128KB, 500x363px
Instead of thinking it in terms of super and real, it's easier to think of them like this:

Tetsujin 28th, Giant Robo = hero bots
Mazinger Z, Getter Robo = superhero bots
Gundam RX 78-2, Scopedog = military bots

And then, you can have superhero and hero bots for the military, like Getter Robo Go and Evangelion.

To clear things out, stuff like hot blooded characters, shouting attacks, autistic pilots, apocalypse setting have zero relation to these terms. Super and real have only ever applied to the robots themselves. Oh and most important of all, realism too has nothing to do with them, at all. Nips equated military with real because military organisations exist, not because the robots were more realistic.

Seriously, it's not that hard to figure out, yet we still have dumfucks on /m/ trying to add additional meanings or change the original meanings of these terms.
>>
File: 1409468829813.png (142KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1409468829813.png
142KB, 600x456px
>>13773383

>yet we still have dumfucks on /m/ trying to add additional meanings

Like what you have just done?
>>
>>13773396
No. I stuck to the original meanings.
>>
>>13773396
REKT
>>
>>13773383
Your classifications are baseless and, frankly, stupid.

It should be:
Gundam, Votoms = Military mecha
Everything Else = Mecha
>>
>>13773524
how are my classifications baseless?

Super robots are inspired by super heroes, that's obvious to anyone who knows Nagai's interest in american super heroes.
>>
>>13773543
>Super robots are inspired by super heroes
Prove it.
>>
>>13773557
Super Robots were inspired by the Kaijuu genre including Ultraman.
>>
>>13773575
No, they were inspired by Tetsujin 28. Influence from toku was minimal at best in comparison.
>>
>>13773557
Go Nagai is not unfamiliar with american super heroes
>>
>>13773383
OP.

I remember a thread much like this last year. Only that instead of 300 posts for the worms to appear out of the woodwork it took less than ten for this to arrive at the same conclusion. /m/ doesn't like it when you try to bury one of their dead horses, because it leaves them one less thing to flog. So don't try it.

But assuming that you get this widely accepted, OP. What, exactly, are you going to use it for? What do we call Dai-Guard, then? They don't swoop around saving children and punching bank robbers. Service-provider bot? So Kokubogar would be government-service bot?
>>
>>13773598
>What do we call Dai-Guard, then? T
a robot
>>
>>13773605
I'm sorry, should I have added #sarcasm at the end?
>>
>>13773598
>What do we call Dai-Guard, then?
It's just a super robot.
>>
real robot = bullshit
super robot = super bullshit
if bullshit starts going super then a series is super robot

there you go op
>>
>>13773662
>real robot = real bullshit
FTFY
>>
OP, did you get this idea from a "how to draw manga" book by chance?
>>
File: danguard15robot8.png (360KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
danguard15robot8.png
360KB, 640x480px
>>13773383
Danguard ace is military
>>
File: Turn-a-okawara-full.jpg (152KB, 1024x1451px) Image search: [Google]
Turn-a-okawara-full.jpg
152KB, 1024x1451px
>>13773383
Holy shit, why does everyone on this board need to label their mecha? Almost every show/game brings something new to the genre and it's a waste trying to label them. You cannot tell me one word that accurately describes Gundam, Patlabor, and, VOTOMs. They are all vastly diffrent. Likewise you can't tell me one word that accurately describes Getter Robo, Gunbuster, and Heroman. You can say one trys to be more grounded while another os more fantastic, but lumping it all into 3 catergories doesn't work. What about when Gurren Lagann/Gunbuster uses military motifs then switches to all out giant robo kungfu? Or when all the sudden Getter switches from science motifs to shinto imagery? Or how Gundam has had everything from clunky ground-types, to Nobel Gundam, to pic related? It's all just mecha and you describe it on a case by case basis. I seriously think we come up with more labels for transforming toasters that tumblr has labels for transforming genitals.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.