[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Muv-Luv Schwarzesmarken

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 332
Thread images: 84

This demonstrates perfectly why it's a stupid idea for TSFs to sacrifice gun pylons in favor of sword pylons instead, and why Japanese Royal Guards are morons for finding any excuse to draw katanahs at the slightest provocation.

Can you imagine if the whole 666th was like Annette and decided to bring chineese swords instead of guns? With their guns, entire companies of tanks and lasers explode into clouds of blood within seconds. If they had swords instead, they could only cut down as many BETA as they can reach within the immediate arc of their swings every couple of seconds.

If they really need to pry little red fuckers off themselves, at that distance knife is more than enough and doesn't take up a whole pylon that could have been used for an extra gun instead.
>>
>>13770279
i'm sure if Hannibal had some sword fag with him he could hat actualy survived aganist the Fort-class
>>
File: itlookscool2.png (287KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
itlookscool2.png
287KB, 640x474px
>implying the damage the guns do visually is equivalent to reality
Reminder that force = acceleration (speed) * mass. A bullet goes fast, but it doesn't weigh a whole lot. The force exerted on your target is less (total) than the recoil force you experience from the gun (assuming no dampening tricks in your engineering), it's just concentrated over a smaller area.

Do you believe the Hollywood cliché of shotguns or large revolvers blowing people backwards through doors or windows? Because you can't do that with a gun, but you can do that with a good kick.

So while the sword is limited to the number of targets it can smack at once, that gun should probably not be blowing up Laser-class in a single shot like that. It just looks cool. And you know what else looks cool? Giant robots with swords.
Welcome to /m/.
>>
>>13770314
>that gun should probably not be blowing up Laser-class in a single shot like that
It's depleted uranium HVAP round. It would punch into an armored vehicle, liquefy everything inside, then punch out the other side and punch the next armored vehicle behind that one.
>>
>>13770314
>that gun should probably not be blowing up Laser-class in a single shot like that

Those are 36 mm Depleted Uranium Ammunition for the fuck sake
>>
THAT'S WHY ONLY ONE PERSON CARRIES THE SWORD.

THEY DEAL WITH THE RED FUCKERS WHO ARE TOO CLOSE TO GUN DOWN EFFICIENTLY BUT TOO FAR AWAY TO STAB STAB WITH THE KNIFE.

THIS KEEPS THE GUNNERS GUNNING AT THE DISTANT STUFF WITHOUT BEING DISTRACTED BY WHAT'S CREEPING UP CLOSE.

Plus she's still got a rifle on the other pylon so she's capable of adding to the fan of fire if there's nothing to clear up in the short range, so fuck you it's fine. Only way it could be improved is if the shield could collapse to fit on a sword mount, freeing up an arm to carry another weapon if a situation demands picking up an extra assault gun.
>>
>>13770314
Yes, but you do more terminal damage than knocking a guy on his ass.

The gun will kill him. Knocking him down will not kill him, probably. Not unless he hits his head or something.

Then he will proceed to fight you, or run away, or whatever.

Not that a guy who's been shot can't do that. A guy who is going hard and gets shot can keep going for like, 10 seconds?

People often drop faster than that from trauma or CNS hits disabling them, however. Blood pressure loss, or catastrophic damage to the heart WILL kill a guy after that window mind, but they can keep going even so.
>>
>>13770337
>>13770332
Over penetration is not a good thing.
>>
>>13770377
They have to deal with stuff that's made of the hardest metal known to silicon life, so they probably figured that they'd rather over-penetrate than not damage the tank types.
>>
File: 30mmDUp.png (202KB, 743x523px) Image search: [Google]
30mmDUp.png
202KB, 743x523px
>>13770337
>>13770332
>36mm DU
Doesn't even weigh a pound. Here's a 30mm, it's not even 0.7 pounds.

It's going to zip right through a big, fleshy target like a Laser and barely interact. You don't get to dump a lot of energy into your target by going through it fast and easy. The only value of high velocity against Laser class would be the cavitation you could cause in their big fluid-filled eyes and energy storage, but even that wouldn't pop them like a balloon, and being AP is going to diminish that.

You can certainly kill them, but one with the one shot we see? Pfff.
>>
>>13770377
Why? There's literally tens of thousands of the little buggers side by side, before and behind each other.
>>
File: gs_mcao_lgs_gems-EDIT.jpg (330KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
gs_mcao_lgs_gems-EDIT.jpg
330KB, 575x575px
So I'm only passingly familiar with Muv Luv

What exactly is keeping laser class from shooting at low altitude targets? I know that their function in the fiction is to rob humanity of it's air superiority and make the beta more of a threat, but is there a canonical reason why they can't shoot directly horizontally? Or even aim downwards, from high ground?
>>
>>13770490
BETA ROE forbids blue on blue making it hard to get line of sight at equal elevation.
>>
>>13770466
Most times people talk about over-pen, it's because they don't want bullets going through and hitting other people (civilians) or flying through walls and shit to do the same. But even if that's not a concern, a bullet that stops in a target does more damage than one that breezes straight through.

Many bullets designed for fucking up fleshy things are made so that they squash/flatten/mushroom, fragment, or bounce around in the body. There's way more damaging energy that gets dumped into the body in those cases. Wounds are bigger, more jagged, more numerous, and run a better chance of hitting something vital when they do one or more of these. The easiest wounds for a doctor to treat are through-and-throughs.

It's a good thing to have a lot of penetration if you're fighting Tank-class, but overpenetrating soft targets in general leaves you no guarantee that you're going to hit a second BETA (aside from bad luck in missing, bullets can also be deflected by or inside the body up and down where they'll find no other BETA) or that you'll penetrate that second target even if you do.

So if you have any other options, HVAP isn't exactly ideal for using on Lasers, even if Tanks are nearby. Bring different ammo types.
>>
>>13770490
>What exactly is keeping laser class from shooting at low altitude targets? I know that their function in the fiction is to rob humanity of it's air superiority and make the beta more of a threat, but is there a canonical reason why they can't shoot directly horizontally?
Well, they can, but lower altitudes typically mean more obstacles, whether it's terrain or whether it's other BETA.
On the surface the purpose of TSFs is to take some of the roles that would originally have been filled by jet fighters and move them closer to the ground where they can use 3D maneuverability, NOE flight, and boost dashes to use cover against lasers.
Whether or not helicopters can already easily fill that role far less expensively is a topic of shitflinging.
>>
File: airwolf.jpg (162KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
airwolf.jpg
162KB, 1024x768px
>>13770559
Maybe if you had fucking Airwolf, but plain choppers?
>>
>>13770551
What's the point of additional energy per strike if the enemies are relatively easy to take down?
>>
Apparently when translating the OP lyrics, Commie couldn't be bothered to try and decipher what was being sung at this point. Is it even in Japanese?

It sounds something like
>RIDE YOUR SWORD IN EAST DIAZ AIR FORCE
>DESPERATE YEARS ARE I'M DESERTING MYSTES EVEN
>I WANT BE ALIVE IS BILL ENERGY
>SCHWARZES MARKEN OSLO
>>
>>13770575
What I've been saying is they are almost assuredly overestimating the killing potential of a single round against a Laser-class.

What's the point of over-penetrating to hit a second target if the bullet tumbles and misses or has lost too much energy to penetrate again?
>>
>>13770559
Actually it's easy to explain that from a fuel efficiency perspective rotary wing aircraft trump VTOL systems. A TSF has better velocity in a given vector, but a helicopter is better suited to generating lift.

Helicopters tend to eat shit to anti air anyway, they press the CAS advantage after SEAD operations clear out the AA stuff.

Of course this goes flying out the window in an enclosed environment such as a hive because FLIGHT PHYSICS HOW DO THEY WORK and all.
>>
>>13770314
there is a reason they teach center mass
>>
File: Untitled.png (979KB, 1212x680px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
979KB, 1212x680px
>>13770279

Did the real Stasi ever have it's own units of MiG-23's?
>>
>>13770671
AFAIK they were nowhere near as embedded within the East German Air Force as they are in Muv Luv.
>>
>>13770490
>What exactly is keeping laser class from shooting at low altitude targets?
Line of sight.

>is there a canonical reason why they can't shoot directly horizontally? Or even aim downwards, from high ground?
No

It turns out directed energy weapons are shitty ground bombardment weapons on spherical planets. For a TSF they basically have to plow through the non-laser BETA in front then once they break the vanguard not get roasted in the few seconds they're exposed, which is do-able because laser BETA do have firing delays.
>>
>>13770710
Oh and incidentally Heavy Lasers are right cunts because
1) they have a much longer line of sight to the horizon
2) they can aim over any other normal BETA besides Fort-class

But luckily their firing delays are longer and they are very rare outside of close proximity to a hive.
>>
>>13770671
No. The Stasi barely had any army to begin with, that was not their purpose. They had power over any military force so they could use them as they wanted, but the Stasi itself was mainly composed of what could be seen as policemen. Their actual soldiers were either more of a special force ( Most of them had Spetnatz training ) or building/officers guards.
>>
Oh and also you may wonder why BETA formations and rules of engagement are so apparently tactically unsound but remember they conquered two continents that way. The BETA don't give a shit how many Tanks and Grapplers they have to grind you to death with as long as you can't run uncontested air strikes on them.

The state of that status quo is a major spoilery plot point in the events near the tail end of the timeline so far.

>>13770732
The difference is this East Germany has a universal draft so basically everyone that's not Stazi has access to arms, including TSFs.
>>
>>13770279
> why Japanese Royal Guards are morons for finding any excuse to draw katanahs at the slightest provocation.
Are you serious? YAMATO DAMASHII, you filthy gaijin!
>>
>>13770776
>YAMATO DAMASHII

While that does create some very nice looking women, I have to ask, what's the point of a test pilot if you're just going to ignore everything he says?
>>
>>13770782
>Yuuya complains about how he can't use the Force like a true Japanese

>they cave in and let him take off the blast visor

>he ends up going full Jedi in the end anyway
>>
>>13770782
She actually listens to everything he says at the same time as calling him human feces because she is too retarded to just explain that Heinneman is being a useless shit again instead of ranting about how Yamashiro fought 500 baters both ways uphill in the snow with a 1st gen.
>>
>>13770279

a bullet can literally be used only once; japanese steel can be folded enough times cut through a thousand baters. checkmate gaijin.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (11KB, 279x181px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
11KB, 279x181px
Why is there so little in the way of automated defense in this universe?

I mean yknow, granted different timeline different tech standards, but you would think remote unmanned guns would be plenty for taking out everything short of destroyers since they're so heavily protected in the front

but maybe that's my history as a turtler in starcraft talking
>>
>>13770828
IRL stuff doesn't have ablative health. That kinda gimps the defensive when the other side is willing to spam tanks and has guns that can destroy pretty much everything once they got LOS.
>>
>>13770810

It's not so much that Heinemann is being a useless shit, it's just that he's asking the same questions as Bridges and the Japs are being just as stubborn

>"Why the FUCK would you want a TSF that requires a gentle dive to not fall on it's face, just make it so it can blast straight towards the enemy and still turn on a dime!"
>"Heinneman-san, that would not be in line with the glorious Japanese Art of gentle flying curves"
>"What the FUCK ARE YOU JAPS EVEN SAYING!?"
>>
beta will throw wave after wave of grapplers at the enemy until they reach their kill limit, and then the beta wins.
>>
>>13770898
This really is just cheating, the fact that for BETA, logistics is a complete nonissue.
If Soldier class are made from recycled humans that implies that BETA do need some source of biomass with which to manufacture units.
so where the fuck they getting organic compounds to build their endless masses of miners with
>>
>>13770782
>what's the point of a test pilot if you're just going to ignore everything he says?

To keep up the façade that they're developing a weapon rather than wasting the government's time, money and resources on bipedal monuments to GRORIOUSU NIPPON.
>>
File: IMG_20160116_135849.jpg (146KB, 1024x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160116_135849.jpg
146KB, 1024x512px
Glow in the dark lux shirt
>>
>>13770949
fish and bugs and stuff
>>
>>13770949
Do you really need to be shown a herd of BETA back at their hive vomiting all the material they munched on in a given excursion so it can be recycled?
>>
>>13771267
>proudly wearing a picture of a huge hairy ballsack on your chest
Yes.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160119-172828.png (182KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160119-172828.png
182KB, 1200x1920px
Hope you got yours before they sold out.
>>
>>13770949
>BETA do need some source of biomass with which to manufacture units.

Asuming BETA cannot use atmospheric carbon to create biomass like plants, they have eaten every single tree, shrub, oil field and coal deposit from Mongolia to Warsaw. That is enough mass to overwhelm any defensive formation mankind could put up.
>>
>>13771297
Assuming that everything they harvest can be used and is being used for offense.

They also have to worry about building/upgrading hives to expand their harvesting, and who knows how much stuff they're launching into space.
>>
>>13771416
Naturally they are unable to use everything they have on offense. But I think the G-elements and other shit they send to space is mostly inorganic. What use would silicon based life have for carbon anyway.

I think that the estimated numbers of BETA on Earth by 2002 were something like 500 million units, so they aren´t that fast with their expansion and "economy" build up.
>>
File: TSF rifle.jpg (2MB, 3280x2200px) Image search: [Google]
TSF rifle.jpg
2MB, 3280x2200px
I want one of these, for home defense.
>>
>>13770279

>Can you imagine if the whole 666th was like Annette and decided to bring Chinese swords instead of guns?

Oh, it's not like the sword was on its way to being phased out across the NVA or that Anette was explicitly the only one assigned to carry the sword, oh no, sir, not at all.
>>
>>13771598
Does the USA use raptors to guard the border against Mexicans?
>>
>>13771741
Can you imagine what it'd be like if the Cartels existed in Alternative?
>>
>>13771778
http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/27/world/americas/operation-fast-and-furious-fast-facts/

This but with TSFs
>>
>>13770279
>If they really need to pry little red fuckers off themselves, at that distance knife is more than enough and doesn't take up a whole pylon that could have been used for an extra gun instead.

Sounds like they need to construct additional pylons.
>>
>>13770949
They have like a ridiculous galaxy domination thing going on
>>
File: 1452921725404.webm (3MB, 850x478px) Image search: [Google]
1452921725404.webm
3MB, 850x478px
>>13770279
I hope they ramp up the action, haven't been impressed by the animation of the CGI so far.
>>
File: Tell me more.gif (2MB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
Tell me more.gif
2MB, 500x460px
Why is Beatrix suddenly the most hated Mabu Rabu ever, even more so than Sagiri and the Master?
>>
>>13772037
SM's CGI is already meeting the "way too good for its budget" mark. It may not be as lively as TE's but it's doing something right by my books.

And I'm an absolute diva when it comes to CGI.
>>
>>13772037
Your argument strikes me as possibly sarcastic, given that you posted Total Eclipse, a show where characters seemed to be on model a grand total of 10% of the time

The CG was okay though
>>
>>13770828
Because once the Terran masses enough tanks, the only way to deal with it is by going Air. And once BETA start flying, things get real bad.
>>
>>13771579
Even if the G-element final products are inorganic, we don't know anything about what goes into making them. We also aren't ever told anything about what the hives themselves are made of as far as I know. They purposefully harvest organic materials for a reason.
>>
>>13772611
The anime turned her into a more hands on Heinz.

Actually, she really doesn't have much of a character at this point, she's only had a couple of lines and they all make her sound retardly evil. Also, the anime usually puts her in Ketchup's shadow, so as of now, she's basically the equivalent of a James Bond henchman to Ketchup's evil genius.

On the other side, you have people hyping up this chick as the best Schwarzesfu, and though there's less of them now, they're still a pretty vocal group.

So basically, to the animefag you have these crazy or stupid people going nuts over a shallowly evil bitch who's rather boring other than her 10/10 design.
>>
>>13772788
>Actually, she really doesn't have much of a character at this point
Doesn't in the source material either.
>>
>>13772655
You are retarded.
>>
>>13770640
It's the easiest area to hit?
>>
I lost control over my life and will probably have to move multiple times this year. is there any way to update my shipping address for my kikestarter shit after backerkit closes?
>>
>>13773429
You might be better off contacting MLteam directly
>>
>>13770671

No. This isn't like the KGB which before its dismantling after the August Coup, had its own increasingly distinct, increasingly separately-managed Border Troops (underneath the Border Troops Directorate), which maintained ships (coast guard) and aircraft (air patrol). The Stasi did not have this mission profile, and they belonged to a fairly smallish country (as I recall, East Germany was roughly a fourth the population of West Germany? Someone can correct if it's wrong, please do).
>>
Does it say something about the Japanese that the Valkyries have a motto as fatalistic as "Despair only with your last breath, make your death count"? It practically encourages death over survival. No wonder their attrition is so bad.
>>
File: domuc.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
domuc.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Daily reminder that a group of 5 Dom with their 700 mm bazookas would fuck up an entire BETA hive.
>>
>>13773820
They'll run out of ammo sooner.
>>
>>13773839
>implying Gundam armies don't know how to maintain supply lines unlike silly muvluvs that forgo logistics in favor of using swords
>>
BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BEATRIX YO

YOU KNOW BEATO-CHAN GOT IT GOING ON

VALEDICTORIAN OF A MILITARY ACADEMY
IN CHARGE OF THE WEREWOLF UNIT
AND YOU KNOW SHE DEFINITELY ENJOY HER JOB

BEATO-CHAN UP IN THE HIZZIES.
>>
>>13773820

There is no 700mm bazooka in the Zeon MS armory.

>H&L-GB03K/360mm Giant Bazooka
>10 rounds in a magazine

How many Tanks do you want to kill, Anon? 20? 40? 60? I'll be nice, perhaps 20-60 per shot... out of a few thousand? Or maybe you'll like to try out the new 880mm Raketen Bazooka, five rounds in the magazine, very effective, I'm sure, 880mm in exchange for half the magazine, whoopie.

Those same Doms with two ZMP-50Ds each would be far more effective. I'd also add that that by 2G development that is what TSFs are doing, anyways, but I'm sure some Anon will nitpick to refute me because "muh gun calibur size and OYW armor".

/m/ spends threads nitpicking about improbable logistics but we're fairly full of it ourselves.
>>
>>13773839

You could have 4 Doms rotating with the heat rods in a diamond formation while 1 Dom in the center one-shots the bigger BETA and gets supplied with ammos by its comrades.
>>
>>13773877

Graham you're drunk now, go to bed.
>>
>>13773885
I thought that would be Sergei's idea?
>>
>>13773887

Damn you're right, been a while since I've seen 00.
>>
>>13773897
Graham's would be more like he'd rip a Fort's stinger off and use it to beat the other BETA into mince bits.
>>
File: gurdolin.png (177KB, 659x772px) Image search: [Google]
gurdolin.png
177KB, 659x772px
>>13773877
One Gurdolin could solo the BETA.
>>
>>13773854

It's not like Gundam pays attention to logistics most of the time as is.
>>
>>13773918
Gundam is fucking bonkers about warfare, it has fucking 3 men teams which is retarded in any context ever.
You could say MINOVSKY DID IT but they could still have a LOT of visual clues or ways to interact with bigger companies.
>>
File: SM discussion.jpg (265KB, 522x892px) Image search: [Google]
SM discussion.jpg
265KB, 522x892px
>>13772788
never underestimate the beato'fu fags, when they're back into thread.
>>
Pretty sure the logic behind mechs with swords is the same logic behind soldiers with knives. Guns aren't always the best option in all combat situations; sometimes a CQC weapon will have the advantage over a firearm.
>>
>>13772968
Arguable. Her personality is more easily discernible, especially in the VN. You're right that by this point in the story, it's still mostly hidden. You just know that she's a flirty troll with a sadistic streak and that she really hates Irisdina. Really, I wish the anime made it more obvious that she really hates Irisdina as it's a cornerstone of her character, but they'll be time in later episodes to do that. So far, she hasn't really done anything except act as Axmann's deranged attack dog.
>>
>>13771741
Depends.. is Trump president in the muv-luv world?
>>
>>13774138
Now tell me, are americans really going to vote for him? It'll be a disaster.
>>
>>13770413
When a bullet enters flesh it doesn't puncture it cleanly, it displaces the flesh much like dropping an object into a pool would displace the water
>>
File: ZUTBRTX.gif (2MB, 400x150px) Image search: [Google]
ZUTBRTX.gif
2MB, 400x150px
>>13774263
Pic related
>>
>>13774165
No. People say that want change, but that's a blatant lie. Though to be fair, it'll be a disaster no matter who gets voted in, so it just depends on what face you want to bring it.
>>
>>13774165
Even if he does get popular vote, I'm sure the electoral college will cockblock him.

Democracy is flawed, but a Republic has its own last ditch measures.
>>
>>13771700
It's also clear they didn't read the LN either; for Annette survived the whole thing vs both BETA and Stasi.
>>
>>13773918
>If we run out of salt, our combat effectiveness will be reduced
>>
>>13774302
>I'm sure the electoral college will cockblock him.

What you mean like just blatantly voting against the popular vote? Electoral college fucking over popular vote winner in US presidential elections is like regular occurrence by now.
>>
>>13773820
I don't think Doms have the aerial maneuverability to avoid all the BETA dropping from the hive walls. Not to mention it'll run out of ammo too soon.
>>
>>13774759
>I don't think Doms have the aerial maneuverability to avoid all the BETA dropping from the hive walls
Doesn't need it, its super steel alloy armor will stand up much better to BETA teeth than carbon fibers.
>>
>>13774759

It can hover around at 240 km/h, at least the Dom Tropen from 0083.
>>
>>13773854
Yeah that's why the Gundam always survives 50 fights by the enemy running out of ammo 25 times.
>>
File: 54823042_p0.jpg (68KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
54823042_p0.jpg
68KB, 560x700px
>>
>>13773707
how do I do that? do they have an email I can send a message to?
>>
File: Prince_beats_Simpson.jpg (31KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Prince_beats_Simpson.jpg
31KB, 500x375px
>>13774410
>>13774302
>>13774281
They won't need the electoral college cockblocking him. We'll see a brokered GOP convention that will elect a consensus candidate between the electors for Rubio, Cruz and the others.

Remember that history shows that, at this stage, poll numbers are meaningless for the general election. Also, Trump's supporters don't go to vote. Much less in a primary.
>>
>>13775042
Even better, GOP candidates and race outcomes since the mid-00's have been decided by electronic voting machine rigging. It doesn't matter how much people like a candidate if the guys in control of the votes don't want them.
>>
>>13774263
>cavitation was already discussed in the post
>>
This shot makes me laugh so much every time

>we know these characters aren't in this show enough for you to like them but we really want to promote their seiyuu
>>
>>13770798
It's funny because the Shiranui eventually becomes like Yuuya and turns into a nipponese YF-23.
>>
>>13775210
Annette, neither the story nor I could give a crap about. Even the stasi determined that she wasn't worth torturing when they captured her.

Gretel though, she's a pretty major character and 4th most popular girl.
>>
>>13772037
Don't expect it, SM's mechs are literally 10 years behind TE's.
>>
>>13775221
If they adapt it accurately, we should get some crazy shit from Walter and Beatrix. From the books, they both have very high speed, acrobatic, aggressive fighting styles.
>>
>>13775220
You have to consider that every event and niconama has been Nojou/Minyami/Kiyonon/Anchika
>>
I've always wondered, but are TSF's considered just as quick as the Fighters they're supposed to be based on? Can they reach Mach 1 and 2 and stuff?
>>
>>13775235
Cockpit displays in MLA show them only going a few hundred kilometers per hour at most. Mach 0.2 might be the upper end for an average 3rd gen TSF.
>>
>>13775301
>mach 0.2
lolwat
>>
>>13775308
Like I said, I'm going off MLA, which I don't remember ever passing 300kph.
>>
>>13775311
>which I don't remember ever passing 300kph
can you go back to Sadogashima NOE flight and check their airspeed there?
>>
>>13775308
Is there some sort of standardized API that all TSF guns use to report their ammo counter to the pilot's HUD? Is it done wirelessly?
>>
>>13773429
I'm pretty sure MLTeam said they will send a confirmation mail just before shipping everything, so you will be able to modify your address.

But if you want to contact them, there is their Twitter, the ML Community forum, their KS profile, but no direct email I'm aware of.

Your best bet is to go through the forum, they always answer here.
>>
File: 465kph.png (961KB, 1019x600px) Image search: [Google]
465kph.png
961KB, 1019x600px
>>13775316
I was wrong, it's closer to Mach 0.4
>>
>>13775308

676km/h is still pretty soundly below Mach 1 though
>>
File: madmarine_stop.jpg (126KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
madmarine_stop.jpg
126KB, 500x500px
>>13775042
>>
File: Strike Eagle speed.png (934KB, 1842x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Strike Eagle speed.png
934KB, 1842x1080px
>>13775395
>>13775316
>>13775311
>>
>>13775301
The only one with confirmed supersonic speeds to my knowledge is the Raptor since the TSF version has supercruising iirc.
>>
File: bc17db40.jpg (120KB, 1162x1280px) Image search: [Google]
bc17db40.jpg
120KB, 1162x1280px
for those interested, I found a quick review of the just released non scale MiG-21 kit:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hobisima-rittai/MiG-21_2016-01-18

http://blog.livedoor.jp/hobisima-rittai/MiG-21_2016-01-21
>>
>>13776264
It's actually super-high-speed cruising, and not supercruise. Super-high-speed in comparison to other TSFs but they're not quite there yet at supersonic speeds.

That said, most of the time TSFs spent in MLA is just before kissing the ground, so saying that they're slow when they're just under the speed limit for pasting themselves on the land if they need an emergency direction change because BETA makes no sense. I thought /m/ of all places would understand that the faster you travel the harder it is to change directions, let alone the the damage if you clip something. Combat doesn't mean that they dump everything and boost, they're not up in the air where there is nothing for miles around.

That's like saying all aircraft are slow because a person once sat on one flying through a winding canyon and the pilot kept its speed at under 400km/h.
>>
>>13776272
May as well be a completely different product line from the previous Muv-Luv kits.
>>
File: 600x450-2016011900136.jpg (20KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
600x450-2016011900136.jpg
20KB, 600x450px
Just gonna leave it here:
http://page23.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/o129439867
>>
>>13776310
>completely different product line from the previous Muv-Luv kits
lolwut?

Still the same Koto(TM) seams, still the same Koto(TM) middle finger to people who want to paint this thing, arms will be even harder to re-engineer than Shiranui (and that's saying something).

tl;dr; no change, more of the same
>>
>>13776305
I don't think anybody said they were slow, just that they didn't fly supersonic.
>>
>>13776255
Pushing Mach 0.6, is this the fastest we can find?

How long until bleeding-edge supersonic TSFs?
>>
>>13776362
Trolling by saying that WWII fighters are better because they can outspeed TSFs used to be a thing until recently.
>>
>>13776385
That's pretty fuckin stupid.
>>
>>13776255
but thats from a orbital strike eagle firing its retro thrust as it approaches ground from orbit .
>>
File: P1310544.jpg (438KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1310544.jpg
438KB, 1600x1200px
>>13776351
yeah, I was set on getting a non scale MiG kit, but after seeing that oob pics I'm not that convinced anymore
maybe the MiG-23 will look better
>>
File: 20120808_715823.jpg (275KB, 529x800px) Image search: [Google]
20120808_715823.jpg
275KB, 529x800px
>>13776351
>next to zero colour separation whatsoever
>ugly as sin molding with soft details and rough edges
No.
>>
File: mla12_r10.jpg (57KB, 800x476px) Image search: [Google]
mla12_r10.jpg
57KB, 800x476px
>>13776272
think maybe those pixel camo decals may pull off the trick on this kit?
I wonder why they dropped that feature, then again, only the Terminator kit came with those and were a total bitch to apply, I mean look at this shit
>>
File: Strike Eagle super finale speed.png (852KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Strike Eagle super finale speed.png
852KB, 1920x1080px
>>13776397
>>
>>13776506
>Blaze Eagle
>>
File: terminal ballstics.jpg (20KB, 420x230px) Image search: [Google]
terminal ballstics.jpg
20KB, 420x230px
>>13770413
>It's going to zip right through a big, fleshy target like a Laser and barely interact.

muh terminal ballistics
>>
File: 410698cb.jpg (124KB, 1280x1235px) Image search: [Google]
410698cb.jpg
124KB, 1280x1235px
>>13776412
Yeah, and that's different from the rest of MLA non-scales how?

>>13776406
Well, it's not a kit you can just snap and topcoat and have it look true to the show, so save your pesos.
>>
Insane pilots shouldn't be in the cockpit.
>>
>>13776272
Kind of glad I sprung for the revoltech instead of the kit now. Don't have the skills necessary to make it look good.
>>
File: annette being bullied by theo.png (1004KB, 1380x720px) Image search: [Google]
annette being bullied by theo.png
1004KB, 1380x720px
>>13776965
Lt. Eberbach pls
>>
File: 20120808_715829.jpg (258KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
20120808_715829.jpg
258KB, 800x529px
>>13776961
How about you ask that panel lined and nothing else Nigata

I mean the seams will look better on other TSFs just because there's a crease line to put them on sure but...eh I guess I'll wait for another review before saying too much about it actually.
>>
>Radio Schwarzesmarken stopped getting uploaded in at least an obvious to find place after like episode 7 and I didn't give enough of a shit at the time to look harder
>randomly run into last weekend's, figure maybe I should check back
>still nowhere to be found
Oh well.

I wouldn't even be having this problem if they were on web radio instead of real radio like proper poorfags.
>>
File: 031.jpg (499KB, 1200x1708px) Image search: [Google]
031.jpg
499KB, 1200x1708px
I spent a bit of the afternoon looking through the Muv Luv Integrel Works

Why does this franchise exist?

This is all really cool and fascinating, but it's born from a typical VN, right? I don't understand. At least with the Type Moon shit it's about introducing a variety of fantastical broads to sell merchandise/sexual fantasies of

But why would you take a generic story about generic girls in a generic school setting and spin this insanely detailed Starship Troopers on speed AU out of it? It's vexing because I don't like VNs in general, but I really like this setting, so I'm thinking about going in for Alternative once the official English release is out. But I don't want to have to sit through Extra, and I don't know if I'll be able to enjoy the story if it's being told almost exclusively through little world-building background details while I play through emergency sci-fi wartime high school romance sim.
>>
>>13777249
>>
>>13777249
Just fyi Alternative literally has hours of world building infodumps if that's your thing
>>
>>13777283
He's saying it's not his thing.

He's also apparently working under the idea that the characters are never actually part of the war and that the entire trilogy is a high school romance sim.
>>
File: Patches.jpg (1MB, 2333x1696px) Image search: [Google]
Patches.jpg
1MB, 2333x1696px
>>13777249

I'm here for the side squadrons, mate
>>
>>13777249
Have you ever considered the option of not being retarded and not making massive hilariously wrong assumptions about everything?

>little world-building background details while I play through emergency sci-fi wartime high school romance sim.
That game is nice too though.
>>
>>13777290
to my understanding (and I admit I'm talking from ignorance here) Extra is no action, Unlimited has a bit, and Alternative is non-stop thrills and spills.

Maybe I'll just buy it anyway. It'll probably be on Steam, so sooner or later it'll probably be available for five bucks.
>>
>>13776310
just new kind of hips joint, and was already show in a streaming a year ago
>>
>>13777361
>steam

pls go
>>
>>13777178
>panel lined and nothing else
>bolts in the shoulders are painted
>>
>>13776385
>WWII fighters are better because they can outspeed TSFs
Well, the Me 262 can hit 900kph.
>>
>>13777528

Ok.
>>
>>13777528
Too bad the TSFs have superior targeting while Me262 would be doing drive by shootings.
>>
>>13777293
>orbital drop squad
How?
>>
>>13777630

... they pack them in metal shells and drop them from shuttles?

What do you mean, how?
>>
>>13777630
Someone didn't read Alternative.
>>
File: I'M FROM YOKOHAMA AND I SAY.jpg (95KB, 1019x597px) Image search: [Google]
I'M FROM YOKOHAMA AND I SAY.jpg
95KB, 1019x597px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSUwRmDz-P4
>>
>>13777699
>>13777637
I barely read anything. Just thought they can't go into space now.
>>
>>13777711
>Watching the subpar spin off anime and getting spoiled about the original masterpiece.

Good job brah.
>>
>>13777747

>masterpiece

Well, that's debatable.
>>
>>13777747
It's not my fault this thing crashed every time I tried to play it.
>>
>>13777249
BTW, as an 18+ VN, it may not expect any kiddy audience unlike anime mecha like Gundam Sunrise mecha etc.

That's why it has a rich setting and monochrome mechs with no super powers and aren't like the toyish colourful shit.
>>
>>13777747
Where does TE say they can't go into space?
>>
File: power rangers.png (1MB, 1916x1078px) Image search: [Google]
power rangers.png
1MB, 1916x1078px
>>13777867
>aren't like the toyish colorful shit
>>
>>13777867
> monochrome mechs with no super powers and aren't like the toyish colourful shit
You sure we're talking about the same franchise?
>>
>>13777927
samurai colors code
>>
>>13777867
>this is what Muvfags ACTUALLY believe
>>
>>13777880

I think it's more like none of the series have ever made a reference to the UN Space Force.

Well, a satellite makes a representation in TE, but that's a poor showing compared to permanent orbital base(s) servicing and launching munitions and men for the HSSTs and ODs.

>>13777927
I wouldn't say they're monochrome, but any IRG unit still has, what, three colors? To top off the sundae the prototype Type-98XR was colored in the exact same colors as the Type-00R we see Kyouko get hammered in later on.

Also your example would be much better served by posting the XFJ-01a.

It's not without reason 2013 /mlg/ had such an initial negative knee-jerk reaction to Yuuya's XFJ-01a Phase 3, and specifically his. It is the first "super prototype" unit to appear in the series, majority of its abilities are one-off.

>>13777934
That said, Gundam focuses a lot on a small group that often ends up being arranged into the analogue of a special (operations) combat group, at least, speaking within 0079. Even in MLA, Type-94s used by A-01 can be said to be "toyish colourful shit" on the basis that only A-01 has them and UN 11th Force uses F-15Js and F-4Js borrowed from the backup heap. Type-94s being dispersed amongst nameless fucks in the Japanese Army helps to mitigate that somewhat, but I supposed if we really do want to nitpick, A-01, seen from the perspective within the UN in Japan, are also using special mecha with special specs. It is an infinitesimally small distinction though, since none of the A-01 Shiranuis are specially modified in any way other than the paint jobs and XM3 installation.

inb4 "but the XG-70, faggot"
>>
>>13777927
Well still better than parade colours.
>>
File: 8179783_p0.jpg (171KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
8179783_p0.jpg
171KB, 800x600px
>>13777927
Still nowhere close to parade colors.
>>
>>13778069
What a shame. Even parade colors can't save it from looking like shit.
>>
>>13778012
XG-70 was designed by a consortium of American defense contractors rather than by Japan so it gets a pass.
>>
>>13773820
Gundumb go home. No one wants you here.
>>
>>13773986
Never underestimate /m/_wanderer's ability to be a retarded fuck.
>>
>>13777996
And Gendem is ACTUALLY good right?

You're in the wrong thread.
>>
What anime is this?
>>
>>13778657
TSF Monogatari.
>>
>>13778569
Wait.

You don't actually believe >>13777867 was serious, right? I mean, some anons missed the sarcasm, sure, but going as far as to actually defending it seems like a stretch.

You're making a bad name for us ML fans.
>>
>>13778012
>It is an infinitesimally small distinction though, since none of the A-01 Shiranuis are specially modified in any way other than the paint jobs and XM3 installation.
The most important components, the pilots, were specially selected to have the maximal magnitude of scientifically quantified plot armor.
>>
>>13770314
They aren't been blown backwards, they are show bleeding profusely. The major inaccuracy there is in the pressure the blood comes out, not the actual damage caused.
>>
SM would be like three times better if it was just TSFs marching while Arrivano i Marines looped
>>
>>13779215
SM would've been three times better if they'd painted all the TSFs red.
>>
File: Baofeng J-10X Flight.jpg (97KB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Baofeng J-10X Flight.jpg
97KB, 1918x1080px
>>13770279
Fuck you the Type 77 is dope as fuck.

The Mig-21 is just ill-suited for that, since it lacks the maneuverbility to use it to the full extend. With a 2nd gen TSF, it would be able to slay Fort-classes with relative ease.
>>
File: J-20 TSF official.jpg (207KB, 638x902px) Image search: [Google]
J-20 TSF official.jpg
207KB, 638x902px
Anyone have a better picture showing the official model of the J-20 TSF?
>>
File: IMG_1275.jpg (543KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1275.jpg
543KB, 1224x1632px
look what I've got. wohoo
>>
>>13779786
I need that Iniya image.
>>
File: J-20.jpg (87KB, 560x700px) Image search: [Google]
J-20.jpg
87KB, 560x700px
>>13779677

Best I got, family
>>
File: 37915718.jpg (665KB, 1453x1024px) Image search: [Google]
37915718.jpg
665KB, 1453x1024px
>>13779799
Thanks.

Quite nice design, have to say. Did well to represent the canards. Too bad the pointy head/face doesnt really go too well with the spooky facet-eye design.
>>
>>13778012
Don't forget the one and only Hinokagutsuchi.
>>
>>13779786
YOU KNOW WAT TO DO
>>
File: IMG_1276.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1276.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>13779793
>Iniya
here you go
>>
>>13777249
because why the fuck not
fuck you
>>
>>13776961
>Well, it's not a kit you can just snap and topcoat and have it look true to the show, so save your pesos.
true, it seems to require a lot of work
I was actually thinking about getting those pixel camo decals from hiq parts but fuck it, I'll skip these kits, I need to save every penny for that MB Destiny reissue in october now that the economy is crashing down faster than an orbital diver
>>
>>13779892
Thanks.
>>
>>13777527
They are probably just inked.
>>
>>13770413
30mm DU is an explosive penetrator, you know.
>>
>>13779786
Is Kasumi November?
>>
>>13779786
Can you post Sumika?
>>
File: CZPB_oRWAAETK7D.jpg (129KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
CZPB_oRWAAETK7D.jpg
129KB, 764x1024px
>>13780073
>>
>>13779677
>official model

Didn't all that come from a doujin book?

I mean, Kouki was involved in it, but still.
>>
>>13779786
Please post the rest.
>>
>>13775079
Pass some of that tin foil over here, I have some leftovers I need to store.
>>
>>13780268
This reads as bad as /v/'s food analogies.
>>
>>13780076

God Damn
>>
>>13780076
slut
>>
>>13773820
Arn't Uc mobile suits painted in some sort of Anti laser paint which is why lasors are never used in Uc?

If so zeta era and further should have no problems vs beta
>>
>>13773945
3 man teams make sense from a transport/size standpoint. lugging those shits around takes a good amount of room
>>
>>13781261

I like the viewpoint of human-made lasers = ayylmao lazors.

About as solid a viewpoint as "Gundam ownz eveyrhting 4 all tiem becuz muh Minovsky particles, fuckers, now tell engineering to put the ship reactor into overdrive, someday we'll pump out enough particles to saturate the whole Solar System in them, then we'll be FUCKING INVINCIBLE."
>>
>>13781261
Mega particle weapons just arbitrarily shit on UC lasers for effectiveness because lasers are actually really fucking boring if treated halfway realistically (basically unless there's smoke or something you just see a bright light for a while then explode)

BETA lasers are not only not nerfed but ridiculously strong for the size of what's firing them and they are pretty much always fired through the dust from thousands of marching BETA and/or heavy metal clouds that explain them lighting up like Christmas trees. (you can even use this to explain the apparent travel speed in TE animation if you try hard enough I bet)
>>
File: Kouki and Sumikafag.jpg (274KB, 1024x1820px) Image search: [Google]
Kouki and Sumikafag.jpg
274KB, 1024x1820px
>>13780076
>>
>>13781356
Cookie, have some decency and hide that bulge.
>>
File: 1446580469627.gif (109KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1446580469627.gif
109KB, 600x600px
Is Strike Frontier playable yet?
>>
File: absolute disgusting.jpg (220KB, 908x730px) Image search: [Google]
absolute disgusting.jpg
220KB, 908x730px
>>13781356
> that fugly Sumika cosplay
>>
>>13781796
Cosplay is ok, the girl is meh. I'm not even sure if that's a girl.
>>
>>13781804
i'm pretty sure that's a trap.
>>
>>13781832
>trap
No, it's an ambush.
>>
>>13781356
Kouki into traps confirmed? I mean, he and the writers from âge planned to make a route for Mikoto in Extra.
>>
>>13782252
Mikoto was always a girl.
>>
>>13782342
There's no proof of that.
>>
>>13782766
There were CGs of her getting the Takeru D.
>>
>>13782766
read muv luv memorial art book, retard
>>
>>13782781
>cut content means it's part of the actual narrative

Oh boy here we gooooo
>>
>>13782806
How about Schwarzesmarken?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>13782806
>>13782766
>autistic mode
>>
>>13783018
JUST BECAUSE IT'S AUTISTIC

DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY LESS CORRECT
>>
>>13782825
Schwarzesmarken was left with holes/incomplete story and data to reinforce that the characters are all unreliable point of views into the conflict and also because age are a bunch of Jews who want to sell extra stories.
>>
File: 1452691579seyqtn16504.jpg (41KB, 422x599px) Image search: [Google]
1452691579seyqtn16504.jpg
41KB, 422x599px
Oh come on, I just realized they were using the new soft hair designs.

Can't they use this shit only for characters actually introduced with the new designs ? Why the fuck would they try to destroy Meiya's hair like that ?

Bou should be the only one allowed to do art of the original trilogy characters.
>>
>>13783129
You're expecting way too much effort for lazy port bonuses

Plus it being Bou wouldn't avoid the whole changing the character designs thing anyways.
>>
>>13770314
Also, it's weird that so many giant robots use swords and non-practical versions of much more effective and practical weapons like axes or hammers just to glorify cool swords. But, it's super cool and sells the product. And that, is what counts! Flammberges with hooked edges for everyone!
>>
>>13783129
Not like bou doesn't draw them soft.
>>
>>13783393
Wait! They're not the same character?!
>>
File: Meiya and yuuhi 1.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Meiya and yuuhi 1.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>>13783400

Learn your shades of purple, man
>>
>>13783393
At least he respect the volume.
>>
>>13783412
Give me the exact percentage.
>>
>>13777293
What would be the best squadron to be a part of?
>>
File: a is the hero we all don't want.jpg (105KB, 664x1000px) Image search: [Google]
a is the hero we all don't want.jpg
105KB, 664x1000px
>>13783490

I think you mean, "Which squadron will take me?"
>>
Don't TSFs get a coating that allows them to survive very short contact with Lux lasers? If so, what would stop a skilled pilot from theoretically rolling his TSF to spread the beam damage, therefore keeping his TSF in the sky.
>>
>>13783495
Jokes on you faggot, I'm actually a skilled mech pilot and after about a month of service getting acclimated to an actual TSF, I'd probably get scouted for a Special Forces unit.
>>
>>13783499
It doesn't last forever, silly goose.
>>
>>13783499
The coating ablates
>>
>>13783518
What I'm saying is that the laser strikes you in the right side of your torso. You immediately throw your mech into a bank so that it drags across the rest of your right torso and off of your mech, rather than letting it eat through the same spot until it tears a huge hole in your torso and kills you or leaves you a tasty snack for the Tanks down below.
>>13783523
Well yeah, you'd have to keep in mind which sectors are ablated and plan your drags carefully to maximize how many hits you can take. Although really if you're taking multiple hits from laser classes you're doing something seriously wrong.
>>
>>13783534
The laser tracks you in a manner entirely up to the Lux that has a lock on you, your control over where it strikes is limited, and any part of the armor that has received maximum rated exposure is at risk of plasma explosion
>>
>>13783540
>The Lux has full control over where it is pissing
They didn't even try to balance them, did they? Lux are just fucking stupid in comparison to every other BETA strain.
>>
>>13783545
Mining lasers, son.
>>
>>13783557
Rocks don't move.
>>
>>13783569
you mean asteroids don't move?
>>
>>13783569
aren't tectonic plates rocks?
>>
>>13783545
It's like they came up with them at the school lunch table.

>Dude, what if there were these laser guys that never miss and can hit you before you can see them? Also you can't dodge them. Also they never hit each other.
>>
>>13783611
>They never hit each other
laser fort.jpg
>>
>>13783596
I always assumed you landed ON the Asteroid to mine it rather than trying to julienne it as it flies by you.
>>13783606
You can consider them rock formations but they move ridiculously slowly compared to a TSF that is jittering around at 500-600~ KM/H
>>
>>13783545
>hundreds of millions of mindless fearless fuckers with claws as strong as super space metal and/or that can rip tanks apart with their bare hands
>balanced
Why would they be when they're a plot device
>>
>>13783622
I don't find the soldiers, tanks or grapplers to be ridiculous. Hell, I don't even think the Forts are bad. They're pretty rare and they're not all that deadly outside of their mid-range fighting.
>>
>>13783631
Lasers are rare as shit and absolutely useless outside of an extremely specific role. They have to be what they are or else humanity would have steamrolled the BETA in a month and there would be no story, barring an arbitrary CAN'T BE HURT BY CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS LOL crap premise, whichever.
>>
>>13783662
It's even pointed out how easy the BETA are to steamroll sans Lux-class, they were repeatedly crushed by China and in SM one of the first things that happens is the BETA get wiped out by artillery strikes once the Lux are taken care of.
>>
>>13783631
The point is that there are usually so many of them that you cant stop them. literal waves of litttle fuckers. once you take a look you realize "i dont have enough bullets for this shit,"
>>
File: 1420612289780.png (783KB, 984x1499px) Image search: [Google]
1420612289780.png
783KB, 984x1499px
>>13783495
>>
>>13783495
>>13783953
2nd squadrons in honor of SM when?
>>
>>13783929
>i dont have enough bullets for this shit
EARTH IS A MINERAL-RICH PLANET
>>
>>13783980
By the time they turbonuke the hive, earth is nothing but a dead rock, a husk of a planet, probably.
>>
File: Muv Luv protagonists.jpg (131KB, 1023x938px) Image search: [Google]
Muv Luv protagonists.jpg
131KB, 1023x938px
Who else here plays Warframe and pretends it's a Muv Luv game because >tfw no TSF Forefront?

;_;
>>
>>13784692

Seeing as the two are nothing alike right down to the way they maneuver, I'm wondering how you see it.
>>
File: nJ52Aev.png (819KB, 1280x933px) Image search: [Google]
nJ52Aev.png
819KB, 1280x933px
>>13784692
>warframe
Why not Armored Core?
>>
>>13784956
Not him but the infested did remind me of the Beta for some reason, even if they function a lot differently (and are arguably more dangerous).
>>
>>13784998

Well, I can see why, although the way they're dangerous operates on different principles. Mutalist MOAs don't fire 999k dmg no-lag insta-hit Phoenix Blasts, but Healing Ancients... just... fuck them.

They're like if a Fort-class caused all BETA within a certain radius to suddenly become bullet-resistant, and come in different flavors, including melting down your TSF, reducing your TSF's electrical power/fuel, or just spitting the fury of a volcano in your face, and grant these powers to surrounding BETA.
>>
>>13770279
The whole point of the swords is that you're gonna run out of ammo more sooner than later. Enjoy trying to kill BETAs by hitting them with the butt of your gun when that happens, retard.
>>
File: 104857.gif (755KB, 450x212px) Image search: [Google]
104857.gif
755KB, 450x212px
>>13777249
Extra is starting where Takeru lives.
Unlimited is Takeru's first step in a new world.
Extra + Unlimited is 20 hours total, ignoring the unlock which should take you 2 to 4 more hours.
Alternative is 50+ hours.
If you're gonna read 50+ hours you might as well read the first 20 so you get the full experience.

I have no idea how people don't get this.
Gamers spend hundreds of hours on something or people marathon tv shows but 20+ hours is a deal breaker.

How can any of you be considered a real gamer if you ignore a measly 20+ hours it's pathetic. If you want to enjoy the series like everyone else you need to take it seriously and try to understand it.

Here have a pastiche of Klendathu Drop since you mentioned SST. www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEXATrKzt9M

Now get your head out of your ass and start imagining how it would feel to go from a highschool setting straight into hell.

Would you skip to Return of the King just to watch frodo throw the ring in the fires of mordor? Obviously not. Read the trilogy.
>>
>>13784956
Well with the Archwings + infested, I can see it. Hell, Ancient Healers are basically equivalent to laser class. You need to take those fuckers down before you can even think of touching the other infested.
>>
>>13784956
>>13784692
i do play warframe , the only thing alike could be the balance between melee and gunplay , and swarm-type enemys from a faction , but i must agree its not even remotely similar .

Has anyone made some TSF´s for ysflight? should i just go into denial and just play MAHQS and pretend there is melee and betas?
>>
>remove shitty character design
>replace with character desgin out of a 90s OVA/Movie

>muvrabu is now GOAT, plot and all
>>
>>13785216
>>
>>13785216

Please, people will still call it anti-American drivel like how they say Zipang is right-wing drivel.

>by people whose own WWII travel-back-in-time movie has the carrier crew unanimously agree to help 1940 USA in the war because MUH AMERICAN LIVES
>>
>>13785234

Is the implication here that a WWII that ends earlier than 1945 (with no nuke ending) is somehow WORSE than the actual WWII?

Are you saying a "American wins WWII" situation is somehow worse for Japan than ANY "Japans wins WWII"?
>>
>>13785247
There are some people who are not happy that Berlin got hit with the nukes in place of Japan, and the effect isn't reciprocated by having Japan be carved up like a roast at a dinner party by the Allied nations instead of having both happen to Germany.

>Are you saying a "American wins WWII" situation is somehow worse for Japan than ANY "Japans wins WWII"?

Well, using ML as a speculative base, if conditional surrender has allowed them to keep almost everything except for a few warships that were already old by the time hostilities opened in the Pacific, the split of power mostly to a National Diet that the population largely has no favor to, but rather to the Five Regents and the Shogun/ruling Emperor, and almost unhindered military cooperation between Japan and any other nations of their choosing, to name a few "changes", that really depends on who's viewpoint, the USA's, or Japan's, that you're looking at with this.
>>
>>13785279
You have the chicken and egg wrong. Alternative Japan doesn't have its government system because they weren't nuked, they weren't nuked because they have their government system. The thing diverges way back when the real shogun was abolished in the 1860s. but they create their wacky new house system which is apparently somewhat more effective at not fucking up WWII.

It probably retcons a bunch of war crimes too but I'm sure someone would throw a massive shitfit if that was ever brought up.
>>
It's also kind of funny to think that as fucking stubborn and fatalistic as nipnongs always act during the BETA war (and the fact Americans hate them enough to throw eggs at them) in Muv-Luv that they were probably less stubborn and fanatical during WWII.
>>
gimme a pilot and their TSF, might deliver if i dont feel lazy
>>
KILL WHITEY!!
>>
>>13785304

I meant a pro-American Diet. The timeline states that the US still had a significant hand in policy dictation immediately post-war, although, of course, not to the extent of our own history's.

WWII Japan always had a civilian government but the version we're all familiar with was overrun with pro-military people in its numbers, largely powerless in-between Army/Navy bickering, and the Emperor only having ears for those two. In ML, the leadership, whomever they were, be it military-aligned or civilian-aligned, appears to have kept themselves sane enough to throw in the towel before everything went south.

Doesn't really have much to do with getting nuked, beyond that they happened to not be war-obsessed; when the US came they still set up the civilian government called the Diet that most of the Imperial Japanese citizenry ends up giving zero hoots about.
>>
Bridges and his original waifu, the Raptor
>>
>>13785337 was for >>13785328

Yuuya Bridges and his F-22
>>
Does anyone know the song that plays in the Alternative Chronicles menu? I'm having a hard time finding it for some reason.
>>
>>13785337
But Bridges flew Eagles before the Raptor.
>>
>>13787145
We don't actually know that for sure, he implies he's flown other things too. He was with the F-35 project for like two weeks between the Raptor and 94 Second, by the way, but who knows if they even had an operational Lightning.
>>
>>13787406
>F-35
Funny how the justification for the IRL JSF program was parts commonality creating savings, but the thing is that TSFs are already so homogenous in their design and all fill the same role anyway.
>>
>>13773876

I wouldnt mind to see a land based tsf. An Abrams would be a battlewalker with scary looking guns designed to face destroyers head on and win while linebackers and avengers keep hostile tsfs at bay. Weakness is they have shit mobility when compared to tsfs
>>
File: 344_17484F25.png (1MB, 1680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
344_17484F25.png
1MB, 1680x1120px
>>13788805
You forgot these then. The TSAs are the tanks of the battlefield. A squadron of A-6s and A-10s can rip a hole in an assault for as long as ammo holds out.
>>
>>13788805
>tfw no quad legged TSBs
>>
>>13789048
>>13788805

Issue is that unlike, say, in Macross where the UN Army supported the development of Destroids while the others supported the Variable Fighter, everyone in MLA sort of piles onto TSFs. The US Navy is the only one supporting the only two TSA designs that are as land-based as land-based TSFs come. The others, even the A-10, start at varying levels on the "gofly" meter and spend the next decades struggling upwards.

If the army units already emphasize on mobility, actual TSBs good enough to strike that Air Force general's g-spot would probably be TSFs with heavy protection, actual workable anti-laser measures instead of "push button and pray very hard" and immense amounts of ordnance. Perhaps capable of independent orbital reentry as well, basically an actual mass-producible XG-70 with more mobility and perhaps an appropriately-sized melee weapon depending on which side of the iron curtain first gets there, give or take the torso-mounted highscore gun.

Then again seeing the USA in ML, the US Air Force and the US Space Force are probably in cahoots to develop a method of reliably delivering G-bombs everywhere forever.
>>
File: Mayn.jpg (117KB, 1024x579px) Image search: [Google]
Mayn.jpg
117KB, 1024x579px
>>13789276
You don't seem to understand the differences between an alien invasion in 1999 (Macross arrives on earth) and one that happens in 1967 (Sacrobosco Incident).

The US were the only ones with a effective design to fight against the aliens, and the entire world had to support the production of their designs, and it still took 15 years to break away from the standard US designs. In Macross by 2009 when the aliens invaded Earth the world was already unified under one command. In MLA, the world was still divided 35 years after the war begun. That's the reason why everything is US designed, they are the only ones with the time and capacity to develop new weapons, being the ones without the BETA on their doorstep for 30+ years.

Trying to compare Macross and Muvluv is like comparing easy mode and ultimate badass mode.
>>
>>13789350
So who's going to develop a walking battle tank?
>>
File: Brainless_genepool_wastes.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Brainless_genepool_wastes.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>13789016
>for as long as ammo holds out
>>
>>13789426

Shame of the Empire.
>>
>>13789377
The US, who else?
>>
>>13789713

The Australians, duh.

>Those indian refugees indoctrinated in superior western engineering
>cheap labor from SEA/some of china
>Owed many favors by the Brits for sending Australian TSF units over as reinforcements.
>Their navy is the keystone to the region the way Japan's, Britain's, and the US expeditionary fleets are to theirs
>South American embroiled in squabbling and Africa retooled into a factory

>with Australia working together with the New Zelanders, the Neo-Techno True West Bastion of the Oceania Holy Eden Union's special Certification of Union-Networked Technology paramilitary organization has achieved complete mechanization and introduction of drop bears and landrays into BETA hives.
>>
I always wandered about the TSAs, yes the A-10 looks like sex but why can't it be a quadleg with 3 sets of big ass chainguns attached t it? and the A-6 basically be a katyusha with 4 legs?
>>
>>13789980
>australia makes walking battle tanks
>giant spider tanks
>with a big knife on its feet to cut any BETA that comes close
>with chain gun and big cannon variants
>one of them has G'DAY MATE crudely painted on the side with red ink

I wish I could draw
>>
File: 23r25xl.jpg (94KB, 1295x1600px) Image search: [Google]
23r25xl.jpg
94KB, 1295x1600px
So has it been revealed yet which Schwarzesmarken characters had parents or grandparents that worked for the Nazi's?
>>
>>13790303
ALL OF THEM!
Nah, the only one who couldn't have worked for them, is Beatos Dad, since he is in the Politburo of the SED, and thus most likely a former member of the KPD. And Sylwia and Pham of course, are out as well.
>>
File: 20160125cui[1].jpg (201KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
20160125cui[1].jpg
201KB, 600x849px
>>
>>13790844

I distinctively remember that the blouse with open sides was a primarily Vietnamese thing and that it's all over pixiv.

What is this doing on Yifei and why hasn't anyone tried fitting Pham into a qipao even if the seams would only last for a second?
>>
File: image.jpg (292KB, 1280x761px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
292KB, 1280x761px
Happening? Not happening?
>>
>>13791261
Every other comedic or lighthearted scene got cut. The chances of them showing this are equal to the chances that Beatrix will turn out to be a complex, three dimensional villain.
>>
>>13790935
You referring to the ao dai?
>>
>>13791291
>not even silly fanservice scenes
I'm not even sure if it's either a ballsy move, a cost-cutting measure, or a stupid idea.
>>
>>13791480
Timesaving measure maybe? Remember how many people complained about TE's double beach episode?
>>
>>13791498
Well, good point. On the other hand, no comic relief can be stifling, since the mood will be so heavy.
>>
>>13791498
those were the best episodes though
>>
>>13770279
It's mostly an ammunition thing. Even a TSF's magazines will run out given time but Melee Halberds can be used even if broken.
>>
>>13791644
saving for BD bonus
>>
>>13770279
Image actually justify using sword for smaller targets.
>>
File: lux-kun.jpg (384KB, 1088x600px) Image search: [Google]
lux-kun.jpg
384KB, 1088x600px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFI-9PrSHqQ

Uguuu~
>>
Its like the anime is trying to do some good shit but has the worst execution ever. Like fanfiction tier execution. the explosion was cool tho.
>>
>>13790303
We know which one had a grandparent that met Hitler and thought he was a nut and was later sent to Italy for revolting against his shit commander.
>>
File: 1453664296904.png (606KB, 1088x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453664296904.png
606KB, 1088x1000px
When in doubt hit button.
>>
File: IMG_20160124_170521.jpg (95KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_170521.jpg
95KB, 1024x696px
>>13791774
>>
>>13792409
Nigga that's kawaii.
>>
>>13792409
That's cute as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_20160124_191154.jpg (330KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_191154.jpg
330KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: IMG_20160124_191159.jpg (393KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160124_191159.jpg
393KB, 768x1024px
>>
File: JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP.jpg (376KB, 512x1000px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTFUCKMYSHITUP.jpg
376KB, 512x1000px
>>13792350
>>
File: screenshot_129624.jpg (49KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot_129624.jpg
49KB, 512x384px
/m/

I have a confession to make.

I have usually liked the stylistic choices of things like the TSF suits, etc, and (somewhat) the geopolitics/history, from what litle I've read and things. So giving Schwarzesmarken a shot. And I like it.

But I have one, fatal admission.

Is it bad that I think having mechs makes this show and universe kind of stupid? Even WITH massive resources poured into an all-out effort, I just don't see how we'd get mechas in the 70s. You can't make computing power advance multitudes faster simply with more resources - it also takes time. And that's before you consider other technologies present that the knowledge for simply did not exist, even NOW do not exist or is in at best, theoretical stage, and then on top even if we had the knowledge, some of the materials to make said things simply are not present.

And that's before that I think BETA is kinda lamesauce, muh all consuming villainy tide.

And then there's 'muh Japan stronk', though I freely admit since I haven't played the VNs, this is only from what I've felt so far.

Am I in for a world of disappointment if I try to dive deeper into the franchise, in other words? I like it, and I like mechs (though not as much as many of you here), I like aliens, I like alternate history, but it just seems all of these combined...I dunno, seem weird.

tl;dr dear /m/ I dislike what you love most about this series, please roast me
>>
>>13794726
>muh Japan stronk

Just remember that for all the NIPPON BANZAI talk, there's still that scene of an American just fucking duct taping the katana he's been given to the side of his fucking TSF cockpit
>>
>>13794726
different technological evolution, some tech in alternative universe are more advanced than our and vice versa.

in the late '60 they already had a lunar base, through evolution of the exoskeleton used for space exploration they build the TSFs
>>
I can't believe it's only episode 3. Jesus Christ this pacing.

>>13794726
The thing is they started on all the cool shit earlier too. They had a moon base in the 60s.

BETA were always mostly setting dressing to give a prolonged global war, they function as more of a force of nature than real antagonist in most stories. The second half of Alternative makes them a lot more interesting but that's an inherently one off thing.
>>
>>13794794
Hey man, good luck is good luck.

>>13794813
Ah, so what's behind in their universe then? Well, besides airplane technology, which seems doubtful anyways?

>>13794818
Right, it's just how did they get to that point? We haven't really seriously thought of a lunar base until recently. Simply landing and constructing a crane on the moon even just a decade or more ago would have cost more than an aircraft carrier.

Atomic rockets or something?

As for the BETA, that seems to make sense from what I'm feeling. That they're more a force of nature. I just feel they were kind of unnecessary, but I suppose it sets the plot up.
>>
>>13794863
I think the best way to explain it is that if you're looking at the original Muv-Luv games you don't actually see a BETA until like 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the thing overall, or around halfway through the third of three parts. You just get this looming sense of "shit's fucked".
>>
>>13794863
You should read the fucking trilogy already instead of reading the wiki.
>>
>>13794890
Fair nuff.

Dystopias are interesting in their own way.

>>13794905
Well guess who's broke and shit. I suppose could yar har har it.
>>
File: 1449882594940.jpg (128KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1449882594940.jpg
128KB, 800x600px
>>13794957
>Well guess who's broke and shit. I suppose could yar har har it.
>implying even 80% of the western fanbase bought the trilogy
>>
>>13794863
Funny you mention atomic rockets because in Alternative they discovered a habitable planet in Barnard's Star system by launching a nuclear pulse propulsion powered probe.

http://muvluv.wikia.com/wiki/Alternative_Timeline

But I don't think the rapid advances into space technology are justified beyond "it just happened, okay?"

I mean, the fact that they had atomic bombs ready to go in 1944 shows that even in WW2 they were ahead of IRL.
>>
Goodnight, Schwarzes/m/arken.
Thread posts: 332
Thread images: 84

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.