[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ratio of /m/ to /a/ content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1448724476976.jpg (486KB, 1000x941px) Image search: [Google]
1448724476976.jpg
486KB, 1000x941px
What is you ideal ratio of /m/ to /a/ in your mecha anime? You can choose whether this means by just screentime or even importance. Also if you want, where your tastes fall on the real to super robot spectrum, and if you like other animus.

IBO and the controversy surrounding the lack of robots has me wondering how people see the ideal mix.

For example, let's say that IBO is something like 1:8 /m/:/a/ ratio, which is very weak. Turn A might be something like 1:3 or 4, etc.

For me personally:
>close to 1:1
>suits are seen often as well as being important
>I like the middle ground between real and super, like zeta era suits
>I basically don't watch other animu
>>
>>13769597
>What is you ideal ratio of /m/ to /a/ in your mecha anime?
Do you even realize how retarded this question is?
>>
>>13769603

I just mean the importance of robots vs the importance of characters, which seems to be the big split over the show between the boards
>>
>>13769597
I came for the mechs, not the idiots piloting them. Ideal ratio is 1:0. I understand that the pilots can't be in the mechs all the time, and they shouldn't be. In between should be either training or strategizing/investigating for the antagonist
>>
>>13769605
I think of Votoms and I'd say 1:1,5; mechs are a big part of the show, yet characters and plot elements are important too.
>>
>the ratio of mecha to anime and manga in your mecha anime
1:1 I guess it can't be what you asked other wise
>>
File: Rx_78_morishita_5.jpg (237KB, 640x913px) Image search: [Google]
Rx_78_morishita_5.jpg
237KB, 640x913px
>>13769597
as long as when there is no mechs on screen they are still talking about why they are in conflict (politics, military strategy, kaiju science babble). The Original Gundam was good, cause they were always in conflict, but the story still progressed, and when there was an episode with little mobile suits it was ussually about a refugee camp, or familys torn apart by the war. A little romance is okay, but no drawn out shit. Also, I'd say that real or super doesn't really matter as lon as it fits the setting and is executed nicely. I occasionally watch non-/m/ stuff, but it's usually just on the cusp of being /m/
>>
File: GJ.jpg (67KB, 458x410px) Image search: [Google]
GJ.jpg
67KB, 458x410px
>>13769622

haha autism
>>
>>13769633
Oh right I forgot Toku is /m/ I guess that isn't /a/ I guess
>>
>>13769633
>autism
This whole thread in a nutshell.
>>
>>13769638

do you not enjoy the discussion of mecha

there's probably a few shitposting threads for you if that's the case
>>
>>13769643
>discussion of mecha
Where? In one of those other threads? Because I don't see any here.
>>
>>13769651

>>13769597
>>13769605
>>13769610
>>13769615
>>13769630

0 (you) get
>>
>>13769654
>complaining about the idea that a show might have a plot and characters instead of ALL ACTION ALL THE TIME, PLEASE PANDER TO MY ADHD
>mecha discussion
>>
I generally prefer a 40/60 split. You can't have only the mechs in the spotlight because then that takes away the human element to relate to, and the mech brawling would lose a lot of it's luster if it was just a half hour of them going at it. I also kind of like when there's some justified world-building and character development. For example, have a rivalry between pilots that devolves to fisticuffs or the like beyond just two aces shooting at each other. Maybe someone's coping with the destruction in the background of the fights? That sort of thing.
>>
If you're watching a war or some kind of conflict based anime, which is what many of these /m/ shows are, the mecha have to be the vehicle for the characters and story, not the other way around. Otherwise you just get a bunch of stock blandness. Alternatively, you can't just ignore the mecha either like IBO is doing. Really your question is kind of stupid OP because saying "the amount of /a/ to /m/" as if these are some kind of separate things and not both essential parts of any mecha show in general is just asinine. Also it implies that "if it's not robots its shit"

The only way this could be fixed is if the story was just about the robots
>>
File: 1369188916081.jpg (44KB, 241x256px) Image search: [Google]
1369188916081.jpg
44KB, 241x256px
>>13769667

oh crazy, it was an /a/ fag behind the shitposting the whole time
>>
Is this because of that Macross thread that had that one guy calling people who didn't like Zero because of its story and characters and didn't just watch it for the mecha "plotfags"

If it is, you're an idiot
>>
>>13769676
So this was yet another stupid board wars thread the entire time. Fantastic.
>>
>>13769673
>"the amount of /a/ to /m/" as if these are some kind of separate things and not both essential parts of any mecha show in general

the fact that it's a ratio between two elements implies they are almost always both present
>>
This is proof that Turn A is not /m/ and this shit belongs on /a/ where it is accepted as the best Gundam by moefag plebeians.
>>
I think too many mecha shows try too hard to fit a mech battle into every single episode that doesn't progress the story or characters in any way.

Too many Gundam series fall into this and have a pointless battle where a few shots are exchanged and then someone retreats after getting skimmed with a shot, it gets incredibly dull.
>>
>>13770230
It's almost like mecha shows are toy commercials.
>>
>>13770230

I think too many mecha shows try too hard to fit "meaningful" character "development" into every single episode that doesn't show the robots or the fighting in any way.

Too many Gundam series fall into this and have a pointless dialgoue scenes where a few blushes and stammers are exchanged and then someone retreats after getting mad about their feelings even though it's clear how both feel, it gets incredibly dull.
>>
>>13769597
I don't give a shit about any ratio if the execution is fucking garbage.
>>
>>13769597
Prefer 1.5:1
>>
>>13770250
not all of them,look at macross which gets limited production runs of figures that go for $200+ each
and there's situations like argevollen and gurren lagann that get little to no mechandise
>>
>>13769597
I honestly don't give a shit as long as it's good.
>>
IBO's problem isnt that there's not enough mecha action, Its that what is there isnt very good and all the more character focused scenes are just as bland.

I mean i've never heard /m/ say a single bad thing about patlabor and thats maybe only 5% mecha action.
>>
>>13772496

war in the pocket is my example of this, it certainly has some mecha action but it's hugely character focused in comparison
>>
>>13772496
Doesn't help that IBO is taking forever to get anywhere. I think they've spent over half the series now just flying to Earth.
>>
>>13770537
>>13772468
Yeap.
>>
File: 1365598633213.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365598633213.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>13770537
>>13772468
Indeed.
>>
>>13769597
>where your tastes fall on the real to super robot spectrum
My tastes fall both on the mecha spectrum. I like Gundam and Votoms as much as I like Mazinger and Getter.

And people who use those terms other than what it's supposed to be for (marketing & srw), are retarded.
>>
>>13770537
>>13773069
>>13773072
>>13772468
This.
>>
>>13772669
Well, in the setting itself getting to Earth is hard; even more so for Tekkadan, a group of actual kids and teens who took over the assets of a PMC AND a job that's way out of their league. Personally, the story points and setting of IBO is great, but the execution makes it seem dull and uninspired.

On top of that, they took an interesting direction with combat (no beams!) but the choreography leaves a lot to be desired. The few times it felt visceral and exciting, it's plagued with animation problems. So IBO so far feels like a "good premise, shit execution" kind of show. But I'll withhold full judgment until the end.
>>
>>13773097
>Implying that Gundam is real and Getter is super
>>
>>13769597
80% of my anime is mecha
80% of my manga is lewd
>>
>>13774224
Opposite for me. Mecha anime is garbage like pretty much all other kinds of anime and only manga is worth the time
>>
>>13769597
I prefer my mecha anime be both entirely /m/ and entirely /a/, personally. Otherwise, it's not a mecha anime.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.