[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was it about Den-O that made it such a monster of popularity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

What was it about Den-O that made it such a monster of popularity that Toei wasn't able to get even close to ever since except maybe W(?)
>>
>>13767148
The synergy of the main actor and the voice actors, I guess. Den-O's also was the first year with good merchandising sales after three years of bad sales (although Decade and on all surpass it). What led to all those sequel movies was how much the DVDs sold. Even a recording of a talk show with the VAs sold more than most non-Den-O Rider movies.
>>
>>13767148
日本人は電車が大好きんです
>>
>>13767252
That may be a factor but I don't think that was the main thing
>>
>>13767148
A combination of things. Besides the above, the in-suit slapstick humor in a Rider show probably made a big difference too. It was effectively the leading edge in all that, you can see how pretty much every Rider show afterward tries to mimic Den-O in some way or another.
>>
8 M O V I E S
M
O
V
I
E
S
>>
File: tumblr_mrzfk24fnn1svpahlo2_500.png (156KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrzfk24fnn1svpahlo2_500.png
156KB, 500x281px
>>13767378
Initially, the prerequisite for KR shows is to be dark and edgy. When you watch the shows from Kuuga to Kabuto, you'll notice that they were forcing in more and more humor as the years go by. Maybe it was to appeal to the kids or something, but they didn't really manage to balance the dark/edgy bits with the humor bits. The worst was Kabuto, which kept flip-flopping jarringly between srsbns and rofllmao moments. At one point, everyone in the cast was reduced to comic-relief roles that downplayed their impact from the earlier parts of the show.

Den-O, however, flipped the formula and presented itself first and foremost as a light-hearted show with srsbns moments blended in at appropriate times. That solved the forced-humor problem and also made the show appealing to kids. Overall, Den-O was one of the better executed shows in that period.
>>
>>13767148

Not sure, it was in my bottom 10 for Rider shows. The jokes were reused on and on until they were stale, and it made Kabuto's plot seem genius. I think it should have been 20 episodes.
>>
>>13767148

Because Japanese children have bad taste. They love Den-O but hate Fourze.
>>
>>13767810
Fourze have bad suit. Nip kids probably don't even watch it.
>>
>>13767801
>I think it should have been 20 episodes
Most KR post-decade would've been better as a 26 episode series.

and if Akibaranger means anything, they could make a sentai with high production value if it doesn't have 50 episodes.
>>
>>13767148
>Trains
>Superstar main actor in the making
>Color coded catchphrase mascots
>TRAINS

That's the gist of it.
>>
>>13768999
>Most KR post-decade would've been better as a 26 episode series.
>All toku ever should've been 20-30 episodes.
Even my favourite series are overloaded with garbage episodes.
>>
>>13767148
Imagin banter and time travel. That's why immediately after they ripped Den-O off with the Arms Monsters and the two eras dynamic in Kiva.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.