[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /m/ shows deal with racism? I can think of Salamander

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

What /m/ shows deal with racism?
I can think of Salamander and Armitage III.
>>
>>13764616
And Birdy Decode.
>>
Exo Squad.
>>
>>13764616
Niea_7 has some saucers and alien gizmos to nudge it in an /m/ direction
>>
>>13764616
Gakusaver, though it's something that was already resolved before the show starts
>>
Greco ;)
>>
>>13764616
Galient
>>
Gundam
and by racism i mean shut the fuck up you fucking faggot earthnoids i'll literally drop a colony on you right now you fucking niggers
>>
Valvrave made me hate the Japs for making it
>>
>>13764616
SPT Layzner is best racism themed show.
Code Geass tried it but failed.
>>
File: kunts.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kunts.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>13764616
Dougram
>>
Blassreiter
>>
File: daimosweeaboo.png (24KB, 150x210px) Image search: [Google]
daimosweeaboo.png
24KB, 150x210px
>>13764616

Based on the handful of subbed episodes, it's the whole plot of Daimos.
>>
>>13764616
Great Mazinger
There was that flashback to when Jun was a kid and none of her classmates wanted to go near her because they thought they'd turn black too.
>>
J-Decker, although this is mostly displayed by the villains.
>>
Gundam SEED
>>
Combattler V
>>
>>13764616
Almost everything
>>
>>13764616
Are battleships /m/? Nadia I guess sort of counts.
>>
>>13764642

Exo Squad was less about racism and more about the Horrors of War. the Consequences of Slavery, and the Cycle of Hate That Comes From Multiple Instances of genocide.
>>
>>13765038
>SPT Layzner is best racism themed show. Code Geass tried it but failed.

To be honest, I think:

a) Neither show was really about racism, even if it was present as a theme.

b) Neither show presented a good solution to the problem that could be useful in reality.
>>
>>13765971
Layzner definitely was. I can't think of anything else that it could be about. None of the characters were really developed enough for it to be about any of them except maybe Ru Kain, but he doesn't even show up until the last third of the show. And none of the background elements were explained very well other than what happened in an info dump at the end. Maybe if the show had gone on, it would have been about something larger, but it never did.

Anyway, Layzner does present the most interesting solution to a show about racism. This is probably because it's the only one I've watched that does not fall victim to the UNDERSTANDING meme. Which is strange considering how the Japanese distrust foreigners, but alas.
>>
>>13766329
>Layzner definitely was

Layzner was about imperalism, not racism
>>
>>13766475
I'd say the two are pretty much the same thing. In any case, imperialism more or less requires racism in any practical sense.

If you want to be pedantic and distinguish the two, I wouldn't say there were all that many elements of imperialism prior to the 2/3 mark of the show, whereas the racism was present throughout, what with the Gradosians believing that Earthlings were inherently predisposed to warfare.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.