[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/m/, please help me! I'm going crazy. I mean, I guess my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

/m/, please help me!

I'm going crazy. I mean, I guess my memory just went to shit but I swear it's like I slid into an alternate reality.

My friend recently started watching TTGL and through that, I came to this strange kind of dissonance.

So, like, I've found in every instance so far of Kamina performing the Giga Drill Break (SRW animations, clips on YouTube, the subbed JP ep on Hulu, etc), the line is:

"HISSATSU! GIGA DRILL BREAK!"

But, I swear to God, back when I first watched the anime, Kamina physically shouted "CERTAIN KILL! GIGA DRILL BREAK!" all in English.

I know I'm not misremembering the dub, I just checked and it's apparently dubbed as "FINISHING MOVE! GIGA DRILL BREAK!". Plus, I'm not a TTGL dubs kinda person.

Am I just fucking crazy?

Was there some other character or seiyuu parody or something where the line was "CERTAIN KILL"?

:T
>>
>>13762550

You probably just watched it in bad subs the first time.
>>
>>13762569
I wasn't talking about the subtitles but, y'know, you could be on to something.

Maybe the subs said "Certain Kill" and that mixed up with young me's hearing "hissatsu" and thus here I am with an erroneous memory.

Strange though, because I can imagine in my head perfectly those words in Kamina's voice.
>>
>>13762582
Didn't simon say certain kill? I remember hearing that too now that you bring it up
>>
>>13762550
Welcome to earth 3 anon
>>
>>13763101
Hmmm...

I youtube'd Simon's first giga drill break (which, IMHO, doesn't really sound like Simon at all [or, rather, sounds too deep for child Simon]) and he says "hissatsu" too.

I'm not entirely willing to look up every other instance of a Simon giga drill with Gurren-Lagann but I feel like if he said "hissatsu" the first time, he probably says "hissatsu" the next times.

This is really odd....

>>13763122
Shit, I was hoping for Earth-41. That's the one with real Gundams.
>>
>>13762550
Yeah, you're just crazy.
>>
>>13762550
"certain kill" sounds sorta like "hissatsu" if your adjusting for misremembering
>>
>>13763783
Probably the actual answer. Still weird though.
>>
>>13762550
The Japanese line is "HISSATSU! GIGA DORIRU BUREIKAA!"

The subbed line is "CERTAIN KILL! GIGA DRILL BREAKER!"

The dubbed line is "FINISHING MOVE! GIGA DRILL BREAK!"
>>
>>13765546
>The subbed line is "CERTAIN KILL! GIGA DRILL BREAKER!"
Not the [EG] one
>>
>>13762550
I'm pretty sure it was hissatsu, but there _are_ differences between the TV and home video versions of episodes other than the bathhouse one. Like the last episode times some cuts slightly differently in the big fight around when the song's on and the laundry was redrawn or something similarly iirc.

A while back I was asking around about people w/ old TV raws or subs from then, pretty sure I was told The Hylia had them, but I might be mixing it up with where to get Seed 4:3 edition.
>>
>>13762550

I saw you posted this on reddit as well.

The answer is that yes, you remembered it wrong. It happens.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.