[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a /m/ manga thread? Anything new worth checking out?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 9

File: 1436055092617.jpg (17KB, 225x308px) Image search: [Google]
1436055092617.jpg
17KB, 225x308px
Can we have a /m/ manga thread?

Anything new worth checking out?
>>
File: 616xX8gXXRL.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
616xX8gXXRL.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
Best manga no one has read, coming through
>>
Fucking sidonia no Kishi all the way
>>
File: evangelion unit-01 manga.ver.jpg (12KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
evangelion unit-01 manga.ver.jpg
12KB, 183x275px
>>13757256
The Evangelion manga is pretty good
>>
File: n5FDLEE.gif (965KB, 250x270px) Image search: [Google]
n5FDLEE.gif
965KB, 250x270px
>>13757295
Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>13757311
Were you NOT fucking Sidonia - no, Kishi - all the way?
>>
Is there scans for Gundam f91 manga in english?
>>
>>13757256
I might at well ask here. Are the final two volumes of Kurogane no Linebarrel scanlated? All I can seem to find from the usual places are volumes 1-23
>>
>>13757256
The new getter maybe?
>>
>>13757620
SLOWLY
>>
File: boldor2_061.jpg (126KB, 847x1200px) Image search: [Google]
boldor2_061.jpg
126KB, 847x1200px
>>13757256
I don't know about new, but Boldor looks pretty cool.
>>
>>13757311
>>13757317
If your prefer jpop sweet light novel over sydonia no Kishi you are the one with a problem here, not me
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (48KB, 322x455px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
48KB, 322x455px
Read this recently and really enjoyed it.
>>
File: BlackCodarl.png (1MB, 1036x1160px) Image search: [Google]
BlackCodarl.png
1MB, 1036x1160px
>>
>>13762407
Never read anything about tetsujin, I even looked for Gigantor.
>>
>>13762407
>only one chapter translated after all this time
Evidently, Tetsujin manga are cursed.
>>
I've been reading Linebarrel of Iron lately
It's pretty good.
>>
>>13767283
Nah, it's bad. The only thing good about it are the mecha designs.
>>
>>13767283
>>13767301
Very well thought out conflicting opinions
>>
>>13757265
Is it even translated?
>>
>>13766689
>>13766944

It's not related to Tetsujin 28 (although I initially thought it was too).

Unfortunately I doesn't look like it will get translated, I read it in Japanese.
>>
>>13768460
really? but looks cool tho.
>>
>>13768324
It's not even scanned. In fact, there are only five pictures of this manga on the whole World Wide Web, three of those are of the covers.
>>
The Front Mission manga is a little edgy but is good. The art is great.
>>
I suppose this is the appropriate place.

I've been looking into mecha manta lately, specifically gundam, Eva, macross, and others. I've only ever watched the anime, and never bothered with manga.
But after doing some research I've came across the same problem countless times.
I can't tell which manga series have been published in English, and which are Japanese only, and which ones are/will never get published in English.

Could someone please link me to a list, pastebin, Google doc etc of English published mecha manga? Specifically gundam if that's not asking for too much.

Or even just a typed out list would be really appreciated.
>>
>>13776348
https://www.mangaupdates.com/
Look through here and see if it says the series has been translated or not.
>>
>>13776365
Thank you very much.
But another problem I'm still seeing is, even if its been translated, I can only ever find scans. I only want to purchase physical books. I'm assuming its probably much more difficult to track down a full list with that criteria?
>>
>>13776373
Pretty much, yeah. Especially with the fact that there are plenty of /m/ manga that were English published for a while and then stopped, like Exaxxion for example. Mind if I ask you why you only want series that you can get physical copies of?
>>
>>13776389
Not at all man, thanks for helping.
I wouldn't say I'm a collector by any means. But I'm a bit older, and reading things digitaly just doesn't give me the same excitement.
I also want to support the publishers of the books, and add to my home library (I'm also /lit/ so I have a lot of normal books too).

I can find enough info to discern which series have been published in English and which haven't/won't. Its just difficult finding info about those that have been published.

Gundam origins for example. I just purchased all 12 volumes in hardcover, but have read different info about them

One site says the jap manga ran fully for 23 volumes. Then the English publication ceased after poo sales. Some years later another publisher picked it back up. But I can't find out if the new 12 volumes contain all 23 jap volumes. If that makes sense.
>>
>>13776414
I suppose an easier way of descibing of what I need help with would be;
Is there any site/list of specifically /m/ manga published in English? Doesn't have to be a specific series or anything. Just English published /m/ manga.
Surely there is such a site/list that I'm just to new to manga to find or know about?
>>
>>13776414
>But I can't find out if the new 12 volumes contain all 23 jap volumes.
They do - the English volumes are the double-sized Japanese ones

>>13776450
Nope, there isn't
>>
http://tinyurl com/GundamReading

Only completed scanlations
>>
>>13771171
It may as well not even exist, it's near impossible to find even for sale.
>>
>>13778116
Oh that sucks. I'll just have to do some research over the weekend and make some lists.
Thanks for the help though, I actually appreciate it very much.
>>
>>13780204
Forgot to mention

I'll be sure to post the full list once I've completed it.
If anyone would like to help, and speed this whole process up a bit, that would be nice.
I'm guessing it'll take me around a week to finish the entire list. Maybe we can get it stickied, or at least posted in the op of an existing general or something.
At least to help out people like me, who are new to /m/ manga, and find it a bit confusing as to which series have been published in English
>>
When's Getter Robo Devolution?
>>
>>13757256
Finished reading Dancouga BURN yesterday. It was fun. Stupid, raging hormone fun.

It's made me want to find some other Hasegawa stuff cause that level of hilarious over the top edge was pretty entertaining. I wonder if I could find Dai-Sword or Chrono-Eyes, and if someone would be willing to translate them if I could.
>>
>>13780352
The best thing to do is see if somebody from Happy Scans is interested. Not many people are willing to touch his library of works. Regardless, I wish the best of luck on your endeavor.

While from an unreliable site, here's a list: https://www.mangaupdates.com/authors.html?id=3159
>>
>>13780377
>Not many people are willing to touch his library of works.

Is there a reason for this? Is it the art style? I read Crossbone and BURN and I'll admit it was a little hard to get used to but I eventually did and it was fine. Is there some reason that I'm missing with him?
>>
>>13780389
>Is it the art style?
Pretty much that. It doesn't help that casual groups don't take antiquated-looking things, and Hasegawa's style is as simplistic as it gets. Yet only his Gundam works get picked, usually (although Deacon lost interest midway through Ghost anyway).
>>
File: Fed. Hooligans v3- 117.jpg (1MB, 1997x1401px) Image search: [Google]
Fed. Hooligans v3- 117.jpg
1MB, 1997x1401px
We're Federation Hooligans is a fun read.
Also, MSV-R Return of Johnny Ridden is being scanlated again if you wanna catch up on that.

Those are two high profile ones that immediately come to mind.
>>
Ultraman. Every volume is just HYPE.
>>
>>13786526
Which Ultraman manga? I'm reading the one about the kid who's dad was Ultraman and takes up the mantle. The art in that one is pretty cool.
>>
>>13789514
That's about the only one around. I don't think anyone here aside from the Chinks have read Ultraman Story 0
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.