[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't seen G-Reco, not that it matters anyway since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

I haven't seen G-Reco, not that it matters anyway since dates don't matter after Turn A, but this was retconned right? I suppose Lily and the rest of humanity had gaps in their data of the Dark History and the time between Turn A and Universal Century is half as close as they thought it was?
>>
>>13756904
>since dates don't matter after Turn A
Except that G-Reco takes place AFTER Turn A.

Because we don't know how long UC lasted until, the time gap between UC ending and CC beginning is impossible place. But it's fair to say there's at least 6000 years of unknown black history.
>>
>>13756974
>Except that G-Reco takes place AFTER Turn A.

Right I knew that much, I just thought I remember Tomino saying something like L-UC -> 5000 years -> Turn A -> 5000 years -> G-Reco or something to that effect
>>
>>13756990
That would still work if UC lasts 5000 years, which it might with all the retcons and side stories being added.
>>
>>13756904
Tomino doesn't think about dates, this has been obvious since 0079 with Ral's age

Also it all comes from another interview with Tomino after the show which you really don't have to take into consideration that much
>>
>>13756990
>Turn A -> 5000 years -> G-Reco or something to that effect
No, he said G-Reco is only a few hundred years after.

Also
>>13756904
>DVD screenshot
>>
>>13756904
Tomino is a fag, Turn A is the final gundam series chronologically
>>
File: 1452035097279.png (335KB, 636x474px) Image search: [Google]
1452035097279.png
335KB, 636x474px
In Turn A, when they say UC it refers to anything in black history, so actual UC, AC, AW and FC
In G Reco, UC means actual UC (Not Turn A black history UC) and CC smushed together
UC is just a generic time period with different contexts for both Reco and Turn A
>>
>>13756904
I long for the days people will stop caring and will discuss how to have hair as voluptuous and nice as Lily IRL.
>>
File: La+.jpg (16KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
La+.jpg
16KB, 225x300px
CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:
What if after the Black History data was revealed in Turn A, the historians of the Moonrace started piecing together all the bits of historical data they had into a correct timeline? Would it not make sense, for the sake of simplicity, to give priority to charting all the events of the smaller separate calendars according to the Universal Century calendar? Bear in mind that the AD calendar we use today wasn't actually put into place until the 6th century, and the Holocene Calendar adds 10,000 years to the Gregorian AD calendar. There is a reason that historians chart things in BC and AD even though there was never a time when the calendar date was 150BC or 450AD. The number of short-term calendars throughout history just makes things overly complex and it's simpler to count from the oldest relevant calendar than to keep the length and order of the interim calendars straight.
If they reasoned the exact length of time according to the UC calendar then everything before their own new Reguild Century would be thought of as "UC". It wouldn't even be the first time it's happened in the Gundam timeline, as evidently the people of 00's time had gone back to counting by the old AD calendar (perhaps after the loss of the colonies due to the events of AWGX?).

So when Tomino said that G-Reco immediately followed the Universal Century, he was referring to all currently existing Gundam up to and including Turn A. And when he said it was 500 years after Turn A, he was just specifying how long ago the RC calendar had been implemented, which would mean that the first year counted by the RC calendar would have been around CC 2345 and would have counted somewhere around CC1800 (UC9500/AD9600) as RC1. Thus G-Reco takes place in 10500UC, or 2845 CC, or 10600 AD, or 20600 HE.
>>
>>13757314
a reasonable description though honestly i think non of this timeline babble matters and Turna A was symbolically summing up the real world Gundam's which had led up to that point, seeing as Tomino was infected by the magic year 2000 virus everyone had contracted.
>>
>>13756904
Theres an interview with tomino that kind of gives the impression that Turn A is possibly at the very start of the reguild century and the beginning of the recovery of the human race after the black history after the black history. Like the whole cannibalism stuff and the kuntala is part of the black history. And turn a's events are basically the human race slowly rinsing up out of its ashes. Its the impression it gave me at least. Im probably wrong. ill try and look for it
>>
>>13757326
>non of this timeline babble matters and Turna A was symbolically
But Tomino specifically requested that Gundam fans make a timeline of all Gundam, in that same interview where he stated that Reco was five hundred years after Turn A.
>>
File: noredo consider the following.png (89KB, 219x248px) Image search: [Google]
noredo consider the following.png
89KB, 219x248px
>>13757314
This does actually make a lot of sense

We also should consider how complete is the dark history? We saw clips of gundams but it isn't like we find out it is an exact account of all stuff. Some bits might just be "some gay boy band used the same moves a lot and then one shouted at wolves." History is rarely a complete picture but what we piece together and guess from what is left, and when what is left has been blown up by robots many times that gets even harder. This is especially true in the case of technically advance races as anyone with old games know that the data degrades. It may even be supported if anyone can be bothered to go back a look at when Cid is viewing suits from the black history, I believe it was a many from different series suggesting this was teh info tehy had left of all the suits

Considering that it may be it is no use to have some of these points in history have their own calendar, they may just know so little about them it becomes a useless term
>>
Where does Future Century fit into all of this? You can't say it didn't happen because it clearly did.
>>
>>13757448
Before turn a. putting shit together post standard UC but before then is pointless as it doesn't really mean anything by doing so.

It goes UC start---cycle of civilisation and destruction ---> Turn A --->Greco
>>
>>13757404

> requested the fans to make a timeline
> requested the fans make the timeline

Okay, then Turn-A is after G-Reco, because to me it's the only way things make sense technologically. Turn-A and G-Reco both involve cataclysm on Earth that destroys society, but both have colonies in space where most technology and society survive - even if in both cases they stagnate while society and technology on Earth essentially resets and builds back to a given standard. Those colonies help bring Earth back to their technological and social standard during the events of both shows. So the fact that the technology in G-Reco is noticeably less advanced than that in Turn-A says to me that Turn-A must come after G-Reco chronologically.

The Turn-A is buried for at least a few hundred years and then as soon as anything comes close to it, it awakens and works perfectly with no external help or maintenance.. Every other suit and machine that we see uncovered in Turn-A requires some maintenance, normally by Moonrace engineers to get up and running despite being covered in nano-skin and kept physically perfect, because non of them are as technologically advanced as the Turns. All the mobile suits and ships in G-Reco though run off batteries that last about a week in the case of suits, which comes off much less advanced because of it. Even the ones from the space colonies who haven't had social upheaval to throw their technology back centuries.

The two Turns are so advanced that their chests are essentially hollow and can be used to store extra weapons instead of whatever is stored in the chests of most mobile suits (power plant and shit presumably). This isn't true of anything in G-Reco. Again, less advanced. The Turns have a load of weaponry in built, the units in G-Reco need backpacks to really make them strong. The Turns have weaponry that can affect stuff on a planetary scale, the units in G-Reco only have stuff that is effective on a battlefield scale. And so on.
>>
>>13757490

I also don't really think that the infrastructure in place during G-Reco could have been built and then forgotten about, at least by Earth people in the time scale involved. In the space of 500 years you have to go from having nothing visible in space and cordial relations between the Moon and Earth to having a space elevator and Lagrangian colonies and then for all of those to become taboo and for a new system to be set up that wraps a religion around everything in space. The construction of those space facilities would take decades and was unlikely to happen immediately after Turn-A, since the technology just wasn't there at the time and would need at least some research. So between construction and agreeable relations you're looking at at least a century or two, and then in the space of say 300 years everyone completely forgets about space and it becomes taboo to even look up at the night sky through any kind of lens. I just don't buy it.

And more than anything I think, I just don't like what it implies. I prefer Turn-A to G-Reco, and the fact that G-Reco taking place after Turn-A means that shit had to go real sour between the Earth and Moonrace despite all the efforts of the cast involved rankles me. It's going to be bad for one show's cast and setting regardless of what order you put them in, but I prefer Turn-A and I'm not immune to bias, even if I can recognize it, so I come down on that side.

I can empathize with Tomino, because I suspect he didn't want his new show to be beholden to what he'd set up with Turn-A, but I wish he'd said that Turn-A was now an AU and only one possible ending for the events of UC and G-Reco was another or something. If he wants to insist that Turn-A takes place before G-Reco, then okay. I don't think it makes sense, but if that's his word, that's his word. It's not like the timeline for Turn-A made perfect sense before G-Reco came along anyways, so it making no real sense now doesn't change much, if anything.
>>
>>13757490
>because to me it's the only way things make sense technologically.
Oh Hell no. How do you go from FC to RC technology without some horrific cataclysm equal to or greater than moonlight butterfly?
>>
File: moonlight potato.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moonlight potato.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
>>13757490
>technology in G-Reco is noticeably less advanced than that in Turn-A
Greco has people who can make suits with moonlight butterflies, Turn A they struggled to get ships into space
>>
>>13757501

The same has to have happened whether Turn-A comes before or after G-Reco, so what difference does it make?
>>
>>13757508
The difference is it's one less contrived cataclysm if you put Greco after Turn A.
>>
File: Tomino.jpg (80KB, 358x400px) Image search: [Google]
Tomino.jpg
80KB, 358x400px
>>13757367
>http://mechareporter.tumblr.com/post/100342445161
GUNDAM ACE: What sort of changes took place from the Universal Century to the Regild Century?

TOMINO: When the Universal Century ended, what happened in its final days – I don’t know these things. You’ll have to ask the history scholars of the Regild Century.
Following Tomino’s last entry of the Universal Century, the vague picture we can infer from what little information we are provided begins to look quite grim. Despite the statements mentioned above made by Tomino in an interview of Gundam Ace, he goes on to mention in this same article and in an interview within issue #3 of this year’s Toys up! magazine pieces of information that, while not explicitly stating what happens during the final moments of the Universal Century, provide us with an impression of the severity within the setting.
>>
>>13757520
During or after the fall of the Earth Federation, conflicts that occur at the end of the U.C. era are so devastating that the space colonies become “trash”, and the environment on the Earth becomes ravaged to the point that it takes hundreds of years for the planet to undergo visible signs of recovery, with over ninety percent of humanity having been lost in the wars taking place before the Universal Century comes to a close. The death toll could be even higher than that, if we take into consideration that over a thousand years of growth has occurred over the course of the Regild Century to achieve these population values when making a comparison. In addition, statements derived from a Gundam Exhibition catalog containing an interview with Tomino have provided horrific descriptions regarding a portion of humanity referred to as the Kuntala. These people were used as a food source as humanity began to teeter on the brink of extinction, resorting to cannibalism in their most desperate moments. Tomino has stated that the Kuntala serve as a representation of “The problem of racism, the horrors of the collapse of society, and the depths of human sin.”

As a result of these factors, among a number of others, the Universal Century comes to a violent end, but somehow, miraculously, the species manages to avoid complete destruction, and after the conclusion of this era, the Regild Century is born. This is a period of time in which humanity is dedicated to recovering and rebuilding from the severe losses that have occurred in previous wars within the Earth Sphere, and the era in which Reconguista in G takes place.
>>
>>13757506

> make suits with Moonlight Butterflies

Never happened. Bellri made a beam shadow of the G-Reco that appeared to function as an EMP of some kind, but no-one made a suit out of the moonlight butterfly. And that isn't as advanced as anything the Turns have in terms of power plants or construction.

Turn-A struggled to get a ship in to space because it was an old ship using an ancient piece of technology and manned by an inexperienced crew of engineers and civilians who were essentially making it up as they went along. The Willgame's successor ship in the finale, along with the Soleil and other Moonrace ships are implied or shown directly to have no such difficulties. The Willgame's successor in the finale doesn't even need a mass driver and just launches in to space from the sea on a gravity bed it ejects part way up. The Moonrace stuff doesn't even have that.

>>13757513

There's still a cataclysm that means that the people in space decide that Earth can't be allowed any kind of space technology and need to be rationed, monitored and essentially penned and that there should be little to no communication between the various space factions beyond the absolute minimum needed to keep the space battery business going. It might not be as severe as the Moonlight Butterfly, but it has to be pretty severe by any other standard to say that they make islands out of all the different nations and decide that everyone should stick to their own for the good of all.
>>
>>13757548
>There's still a cataclysm
Yeah, but it's one we already know happened (moonlight butterfly) rather than some shit we have to make up to fill a gap.
>>
Why do you faggots try to make some grand unifying timeline for gundam? None of it fits right nor was most of it meant to fit in with other shows timelines.
>>
>>13757552

Not really, because that doesn't account for the fact that at the end of Turn-A there's cordial relations between Ameria and the Moon and no reason they should break down given the majority leaders of both nations are friends. And then at some point they do break down and the people in charge decide that everyone on Earth needs to bound there the way Agrippa Maintainer talked about. The Moonlight Butterfly cannot be solely responsible for that, because Kihel is never going to allow Earth to be treated like that just because of the Black History.
>>
>>13757548
>no-one made a suit out of the moonlight butterfly.
Look at the picture, that's exactly what the Lucifer can do

>Turns
You mean things not made in the Correct Century but long before everything shot down? They are the only super silly advanced tech they have meanwhile Greco has every fraction able to build advanced suits. The most advanced suit built in the correct century is the sumo or maybe a wadom which is a big gun on legs

>Turn-A struggled to get a ship in to space because it was an old ship
And Gym's ship could only get out with an attachment and still needed to use the branch thing

>The Willgame's successor in the finale doesn't even need a mass driver and just launches in to space from the sea on a gravity bed it ejects part way up
And all of the Greco ships can easily get into space without any extra parts needed
>>
>>13757566
>no reason they should break down
500 years. Same shit between all the series, they are split up by such a long time that it can all fall down. It even makes more sense in greco as they know something happens up their but have been cut off for so long
>>
>>13757565
There's just enough there to make people think it will work somehow. Like G and X were both AUs that built off of UC rather than replacing it so at the time only Wing brutally contradicted anything and Wing is so vague and retarded it wasn't a big deal.

SEED and 00 both don't even begin to fit though, AGE and IBO have that whole "war with Gundams hundreds of years ago" thing going on again if you ignore the technology differences.
>>
File: Nelly.jpg (14KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Nelly.jpg
14KB, 200x200px
>>13756904
Doesn't Nelly reminds you Lily ?
Can't be a coincidence with Tomino I guess.
>>
>>13756904
In practice, Turn A gundam is its own separate continuity from the rest of the franchise. Any mention of other parts of the franchise is just fan service.
>>
>>13761296
Naw, Tomino said G-Reco took place after Turn A. So like, it exists in that continuity in some form, y'know?
>>
>>13757448
Of course it happened otherwise how else would you explain gesture macros in G-Reco?
>>
>>13757846
what is this

tomino for ants
>>
>>13757314

That sounds accurate actually.

All I know is it's UC > Turn A > G-Reco.
>>
>>13757506

oh my god are people actually this stupid
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.