[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Macross Delta
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 34
File: delta.jpg (1 MB, 3907x2459) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
delta.jpg
1 MB, 3907x2459
>>
M I K U M O
I
K
U
M
O
>>
I'm surprised how much I like Makina and Reina.
>>
So what kind of suffering we can expect from the green-haired girl?
>>
>>13755683
Personally I think Mikumo is going to get the most suffering
>>
File: 1444651533106.png (482 KB, 672x658) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1444651533106.png
482 KB, 672x658
>>13755692
>Mikumo ended up suffering
>We rejoice that Kawamori finally got over his inexplicable hatred on green haired women
>Mikumo later revealed that her natural hair color is green
>>
>>13755662
I want to nibble on her ears
>>
I'm so scared this is going to absolute trash. Pls Macrosssssu be good!
>>
>>13755743
watch 0048, this is going to be the same, so 7 2.0
>>
File: 1435145023810.jpg (191 KB, 1440x810) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1435145023810.jpg
191 KB, 1440x810
>>13755756
You weren't supposed to crush my hope!
>>
File: 1358499646103.jpg (62 KB, 620x347) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1358499646103.jpg
62 KB, 620x347
>>13755760
He lied.
>>
>>13755699
>>Mikumo later revealed that her natural hair color is green

i would not be surprised
>>
>>>/a/
>>
>>13755699
That would be the ultimate form of revenge against the Nadesico movie. I bet he got enraged when he found out Ryoko's hair wasn't actually green.
>>
I'm still waiting for one of them to pitch a shield drone like a boomerang.
>>
If this guy is actually Red's love, he's probably gonna die which is prime for suffering.

Is this the ace from the end battle by the way?
>>
Nobody seems to have noted on Roy 5.0 over here
>>
>>13755908
No, ace is the old guy.
>>
Valkyrie-Walkure pair

Chuck=Reira
Messer=Red (does she have a name?)
Mirage=Mikumo

Process of elimination leads me to believe Commander guy and Makina is another pair leaving Hayate and Freyja as the respective fifth members

>Chuck will never win the Reirei bowl
>>
hoping for Freyja>Hayate<Mirage love triangle with maybe a bit of mirage reluctant singing.
>>
>>13755954
wanted to add
maybe with Walkure backing Fryja and Delta wing backing Mirage
>>
>>13755924
The younger guy Messer is an ace pilot while the old guy Arad is the captain of the delta squad.
>>
>>13755935
Actually it is:
Chuck-Reina
Messer-Kaname (Red)
Mirage-Makina
Arad-Mikumo
>>
>>13755935
>>13755935
>Messer=Red (does she have a name?)
Her name is Kaname.
Messer and her are totally going to be a pair. They have even have similar age.

Messer 21.
Kaname 22.
Freyja 14.
Reira 15.
Mirage 18.
Hayate 17.
Chuck 24.
Arad 33.

Pretty boy squad:
Glasses guy 20.
Blond guy 19.
Red guy 15.
Twins 16.
>>
>>13756003
>Mirage-Makina
>Arad-Mikumo
Okay that makes a little more sense. I thought it was Mirage/Mikumo because she was looking for her all episode
>>
>>13756017
At first I was a bit surprised at how young the pretty boys were compared to Walküre and the Delta Squad (I mean I know this is normal in anime but with Reina's exception who is only 15 everyone else in her team and the Delta Squad is 18 or older). But then when Freyja told Hayate she was expected to stop wasting her life away and marry at age 14 I thought that maybe Windermerians are expected to grow up or take adult resposibilities earlier for some reason. Their culture certainly seems almost medieval.
>>
>>13756097
maybe after the world got glassed the cultural norm for military pilots and adult age had decreased greatly
>>
>>13756131
I know that is a general thing in the Macross universe (Mylene had a driver's license and was engaged at age 14, for example, and in the Frontier fleet at 17 they are considered adults), but Windermere may be a bit more extreme about this compared to Ragna, who knows.
>>
File: betaathiscomputer.png (148 KB, 639x323) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
betaathiscomputer.png
148 KB, 639x323
>>13756142
>Mfw Mylene driving
>She was 14
>>
>>13756149
She got her driver's license at age 10.
>>
Is anybody competent going to be subbing this show? GG fucking sucks ass with the liberties they take in the translations.
>>
>>13755643
I'm not going to lie, having rewatched the episode I'm now hyped as fuck.

Still not happy about the magical girl thing, but the doghtfight and the music were superb.
>>
>>13756237
It's not magical, it's all holograms. It just looks magical because it's more showy that way
>>
>>13756253
Yes mr autist I know, but the fact that it looks and feels like that is what I don't like.

I can't believe I seriously have to explain that to you.
>>
>>13756237
>preview comes out
>saxaphones and GIRI GIRI AI stuck in your head all night at work
>IKENAI NO BORDERLINEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>13756253
Is it explained if their pre-transformation clothing is also holograms? Because you see Reina jumping out of Chuck's Valkyrie in a normal suit, if that were also holograms then it'd do jack shit to save her if she got spaced.
>>
soooo... nanomachines?
>>
I hope they got deep into the magical girl vibe just so it'll piss off all the military autists.

Can't wait until it's in SRW either. Mikumo best unit.
>>
>>13756327
I'm laughing at all the plus/zero babbies whining about it and how it isn't a real Macross because it isn't military enough
>>
>>13756282
inb4 hardlight holos
>>
>>13756205
Eat your Japanese donuts, anon.
>>
>>13756390
why do you not include the original show in that
>>
File: 1451327480844.jpg (76 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451327480844.jpg
76 KB, 1000x1000
>>13756390
>it isn't a real Macross because its shit
FTFY. You 7 and Frontier newshits are to Macross what Wing and SEED are to Gundam.
>>
>>13756418
Because it destroys his argument
>>
>>13756424
>full series hasn't aired yet
>it's shit
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????/

???????????????????????????????????????

Go suck Guld's zentradi dick some more.
>>
>>13756390
It's SDF/Plus. They actually don't like Zero.
>>13756424
0/10
>>
>>13756418
People give it a pass because it's old/the original, even diehard milfags. I know a guy who's only reason for liking 7 is the fact that it was made in the 90s. He said he doesn't like the singing aspect of 7 at all. Literally what?
>>
>>13756390
It's actually Robotech oldags/Plus secondaries whining about it.
>>
File: 1451067820855.png (552 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451067820855.png
552 KB, 1280x720
>>13756430
>>13756431

>its good
>full series hasn't aired yet

If it looks like shit and sounds like shit why would you still eat it?
>>
>>13756441
>implying I said it was good
??????????????????????????????????

??????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
>>13756418
>>13756428
The original show wasn't even that military. It had a bunch of goofy moments throughout.

I mean, yeah, if you pretend that DYRL is the "official" canon, but in actuality it's a fictional military drama that was produced as propaganda.
>>
>>13756441
That's funny coming from someone posting a Fafner pic
>>
>>13756430
>?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>
>??????????????/
>
>???????????????????????????????????????
>>13756447
>??????????????????????????????????
>
>??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Jezus what kind of faggotery is this?
>>
>>13756463
>Jezus
>>
>>13756463
>faggotery
>>
>>13756390
>plus/zero
It's Robotech and Plus. Zero is weird as fuck.

Note how it's always comparing OVAs to TV series
>>
>>13756441
>and sounds like shit
See, that's the thing it doesn't. If you actually read the production stuff for the show, it sounds like it's going to be interesting. The stuff about Walkure isn't even in most of the plans Kawamori has revealed he would be doing for the show like "doing the love triangle in a different way", the signficance of the planet in the Macross logo for Delta, the promise of more revelations about the Protoculture and an entire TV series focused around Valkyrie vs. Valkyrie combat which is something he's literally not done.
>>
>>13756504
He said he wanted the Walküre stuff to be a surprise. Well, it was a surprise for a lot of people. I'm glad this preview happened so older fans can get used to Walküre, if they feel like it.
>>
>>13756418
>why do you not include the original show in that
The original show isn't really all that military. It definitely has the military in it but that's not what it's mainly about compared to freaking out giants with culture and Hikaru's love issues. Why do you think so many people think Minmei's a such a vapid cunt?

Heck remember how the show got popular so they had to add 10 more episodes? Everything about that is like 80% relationship drama
>>
I don't think we can even judge the whole series by this episode alone. Kawamori and co. said the first 5 episodes would feel very different from each other. I hope that turns out alright.
>>
>>13756541
It's not even a full episode too.
>>
>>13756541
Also, people say Macross Delta reminds them of EVOL but actually to me it feels a bit like Escaflowne.
>>
>>13756546
>Also, people say Macross Delta reminds them of EVOL
That doesn't make any sense at all. Like at all.
>>
>>13756519
It would have been a better surprise if they removeed the idol aspect from the show completely. One can only dream of what Macross Delta could/should have been. I won't be watching it, anyway. Kawamori destroyed my childhood.
>>
>>13756553
Then it wouldn't be Macross.
>>
>>13756549
It's probably the transformation scenes reminding them the of Aquarion's gattai scenes. Ignoring Frontier's out of body scenes which were vaguely similar from what I can remember.
>>
>>13756553
>if they removeed the idol aspect from the show completely.
That's not Macross

That's like saying they should remove the planes aspect and just have them be Battroids the entire time. Literally fuck that.
>>
>>13756549
I have seen it a lot coming from Japanese fans.
>>
>>13756553
Gundam might be a better franchise for you to get into then.
>>
>>13756559
>>13756549
>>13756546
>people say Macross Delta reminds them of EVOL
because EVOL is the only thing they watched
>>13756553
>It would have been a better surprise if they removeed the idol aspect from the show completely.
So make it another Transformers or Gundam...
>>
File: 1451573882163.png (293 KB, 563x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1451573882163.png
293 KB, 563x640
>>13756564
He's probably the same retard anon that wants a spinoff OVA series about gritty hardcore Destroid pilots.
>>
>>13755699
Isn't her normal hair colour close to green?
>>
>>13755699
>Mikumo later revealed that her natural hair color is green
I think her real hair is green,her disguised form is what I think she actually looked like, but when she went Idol mode the pink hair was just caused by some type of suit in a similar manner to Sherly
>>
>>13756595
I thought that the this was just disguise hair
>>
>>13756600
This. Seems like the disguise is an actual disguise. I'm not even sure she's human when you consider how her hair moves when she's in "idol form".
>>
>>13756606
>>13756600
I think this here https://youtu.be/GMKiLsbWiHY?t=23s is how her real hair loooks.
>>
>>13756615
Well, that didn't work. Go to 00:23 for how her real hair might actually look like.
>>
>>13756615
Mystery solved then.
>>
I don't get how Kawamori's Satelight stuff looks decent, and actually has some animation skill behind it, but the same studio put out TE
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (35 KB, 1021x569) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
35 KB, 1021x569
>>13756615
Well that answers that.

I totally forgot about this shot.
>>
>>13756640
TE must've had deadline problems.
>>
>>13756640
age can't afford good animation for their stuff.

But you know what, underpaid Satelight is far better than that SM bullshit.
>>
>>13756640
>money
>>
>>13756615
>blonde evil pilot guy and blue-haired glasses guy have differently colored diamond-shaped things at the end of their hair
>Freyja has a heart-shaped one
Uh, okay. So, is this going to be a plot point? Are there going to be others with clubs and spades?
>>
>>13756711
Maybe men have diamonds/stars while women have hearts (but then the twins have the shorter tentacle shaped differently, maybe because they cut that hair and it's growing back? This sounds very weird). Also, Freyja has just one heart-shaped hair tentacle while all the pretty boys have two. Maybe once she turns 15 she will grow another one? Or perhaps she's half-human?
>>
>>13756711
>We KR Blade now

Maybe it's male Windemere's have diamonds and females have hearts?
>>
>>13756735
>faggot rider invented card suits
>>
>>13756735
Well, red-hair pilot and the blue haired also have diamond shaped ones IIRC.
>>
>>13756640
>I don't get how Kawamori's Satelight stuff looks decent, and actually has some animation skill behind it
Thanks for the laugh
>>
>>13756535
>The original show isn't really all that military.
Found the retard
>>
>>13756504
>If you actually read the production stuff for the show, it sounds like it's going to be interesting.
No it doesn't and the first episode didn't leave a good impression of what they were talking about.
>>
>>13756756
>>13756764
robotechfag pls
>>
>>13756558
So SDF, Plus and Zero aren't Macross anime?
>>
>>13756756
It's not. It was mostly relationship drama and zentradi shenanigans.
>>
>>13756586
>Make it good

Yeah..sounds about right
>>
>>13756772
SDF and Plus have idols and even Zero has a singer.
>>
>>13756777
>I have never seen SDF
>>
>>13756764
>Three planets (Al-Shahal, Ragna and Windermere) so far mentioned
>Music
>Dogfights
>Two possible new alien races that might have ties with the Protoculture

I thought this episode did a good job.
>>
>>13756784
>SDF and Plus have idols
They weren't about idols
>All singers are idols

Found the retard
>>
>>13756535
>The original show isn't really all that military.
How to spot a Frontier/7fag; They insist that Macross was never about military and always about idols.
>>13756768
How to spot a Frontier/7 fag; Anyone who doesn't like singing is a Robotechfag
>>
anyone got a source for safe, subtitled streams?
>>
>>13756756
>>13756764
>>13756781
>>13756786
>>13756801
What is Macross to you then?
>>13756815
I'm actually a SDFfag, retard
>>
>>13756819
The internet.
>>
>>13756823
Shitty Gundam ripoff
>>
>>13756815
>How to spot a Frontier/7fag

I truly have seen it all lumping fans of 7 anf F into one group
>>
>>13756823
>I'm actually a SDFfag
Cool lie bro
>>
File: 72c.jpg (18 KB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
72c.jpg
18 KB, 600x450
>>13756815
>>13756801
These.

>people actually think that Macross is about idols and relationships, or that they're more important than the space opera aspect
>>
>>13756819
>anyone got a source for safe, subtitled streams?
for what? or are you just trolling
>>
>>13756877
the preview episode.
>>
>>13756876
>people actually think that Macross is about idols and relationships, or that they're more important than the space opera aspect
So Plus and Zero aren't Macross because they don't have a space opera aspect?
>>
>>13756876
>>13756815
>>13756801
Macross is about anything Kawamori wants it to be you fucking retards. Which is now idols and transforming planes.
>>
>>13756877

not him, but i want to see if the rumors about it being mainly idols and not military jets is true, so i can drop it from my ptw list
>>
>>13756885
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=770987
>>
>>13756877
/m/ is full of newfags and normalfags, just don't replay to them
>>
>>13756801
All Macross shows have singers for a reason and that's just one of the core aspects of the franchise. Asking to remove it because it makes you uncomfortable is just fucking retarded.
>>
File: Minmay_VF_1_VSS.jpg (201 KB, 1134x1600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Minmay_VF_1_VSS.jpg
201 KB, 1134x1600
>>13756888
>Which is now idols and transforming planes.
So Macross.
>>
>>13756908
>fanart
>>
>>13756876

> classic Macross tripod has always been love triangles (relationships), music (idols in most cases) and transforming jet plane mechs (the sci-fi/space opera aspect)
> trying to claim Macross isn't about idols and relations or that the space opera aspect is more important than those in any of the shows
>>
>>13756912
>fanart
That's official art for the Macross:The First manga by Mikimoto you retard.
>>
>>13756931
>Macross:The First
So it is fanart
>>
>>13756912
>fanart
>>
>>13756954
>an official manga by the original character designer for Macross is fanart
Now I know you're being an idiot on purpose. Thanks for wasting my time.
>>
>>13756955
http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG65787
But anon they wouldn't make official merchandise with "fanart".
>>
>>13756017
It's Reina, not Reira:
http://macross.jp/delta/character/index04.php
>>
File: Chuck Mustang.jpg (67 KB, 611x606) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chuck Mustang.jpg
67 KB, 611x606
>>13756711
Different race from Humans and Zentradi. Another Protoculture seeded race like Humans. Not the first time this happened Macross Dynamite 7 had the Zolans introduced as a new race that joined the UNG.

Going by the prologue the NUN has been absorbing other races at the Outer Rim. Zolans Windermerians and Chuck's unnamed race are all located at the Outer Rim.

The Kingdom of Wind has been described as something akin to the Anti-UN. Their planet was colonized and uplifted by the Humans now they want out while causing terrorism among other planets and fleets across the galaxy. Probably their Noble culture is offended by Human culture.
>>
>>13757092
Female of Chuck's race on the left. They may be going males and females have some physical differences. Not the first time that happened as Zolans while having two tone hair only males have hairy arms.
>>
>>13757092
Wow, what a shit design.

I hope he dies.
>>
>>13757092
An aquaman
>>
File: 1280x720-5qG.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1280x720-5qG.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
GIRI GIRI AI!!!
>>
>>13757586
IKENAI BORDERLINE
>>
>>13755643
>japanese songstresses
Belongs in the fuckin' trash.
>>
>>13757617
Back to /robotechx/ you go faggot.
>>
>>13757631
No, seriously. It's fucking terrible.
Songstresses should be white or chinese. That should be a rule of Macross. This is heresy.
>>
>>13757586
Welp, that's stuck in my head again
if they were trying to make an earworm, they nailed it
>>
>>13757634
>That should be a rule of Macross.
Implying you make the rules Robofag.
>>
>>13757639
I didn't really find the song itself that catchy.

Just them saying WELCOME TO WAKURE, though. Fuck.
>>
>>13757109
>>13757092
Speaking of races, what the fuck was Michael in the end? I remember people flinging around Half-Zent or part Zolan, but I thought Zolan couldn't breed with humans/zents.
>>
>>13757634
>Songstresses should be white or chinese
What the fuck is this?

>That should be a rule of Macross
Oh you're just making shit up okay
>>
>>13757634
>implying Sheryl was white
>>
>>13757848
>blue eyed blonde
>not white
>>
>>13757852
>Mao Nome is Sheryl's grandmother
She's part Polynesian that's for sure.
>>
>>13757634
>Songstresses
just call them idols you dweeb.
>>
>>13757852
Blue eyes doesn't necessarily mean much in anime, since it's usually to distinguish main characters from background ones, or used to represent another colour. Like how silver hair is equated to platinum blonde, blue is black, etc. There was an anime last year, Shigatsu, where the MC said his eyes were black, but they appeared in the anime to be a brilliant blue.

Besides that, people in Macross naturall have rainbow hair, so fuck that. She's 1/4 Islander, anyway and a quadroon at best.
>>
>>13755643
I hope the songs get better because Giri giri whatever sounds kind of shit.
>>
>>13757920
>being this autistic not knowing the song's title
Your opinion is discarded.
>>
>>13757852
>>not white
>ethnicity matters beyond "where you came from" in anime or just plain aesthetic choice
Being born in America makes everyone blonde and blue-eyed in anime, even if they're full or even just half-Japanese.
In Sakura Taisen, the Chinese girl had purple hair.

Ranka from the same series as Sheryl has goddamn grass green hair. Klan has BLUE.
Alto is ethnically Japanese and his is BLUER THAN THE SKY HE LOVES.
>>
>>13757937
Don't forget being any variant of Eastern European means you have white hair.
>>
>>13757957
They also draw Americans with big Jew noses.
>>
I miss the robots and fighting.
>>
>>13758003
Did you even watch the episode?
>>
File: mirage delta.webm (1 MB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
mirage delta.webm
1 MB, 640x480
>>13758003
>>
>>13756787
Two? There's the Windemerians, and who else?
>>
>>13758052
see>>13757092
>>
>>13758071
Fuck I forgot Chuck.
>>
So in the end everyone is going to love Mirage more than the idols? All is right with the world.
>>
>>13758101
>Implying we don't already love Mikumo

I get the feeling we'll like Mirage more than Freyja though as it should be for a Macross series
>>
>>13758108
So is the love triangle going to be Mirage-Hayate-Freyja or Mirage-Hayate-Mikumo?

The latter would have some good tension between an insecure Mirage and an alpha Mikumo

First option seems more standard though, with the possibility of Mikumo helping Mirage by constantly goading the tsundere into making a move on Hayate
>>
>>13758003
>I didn't watch the episode
>>
>>13756894
It has more time spent on dogfighting than on idols. But because the idol part comes first, everyone seemingly forgets about the dogfighting part.
>>
>>13758181
That looks like shit
>>
>>13758178
>So is the love triangle going to be Mirage-Hayate-Freyja or Mirage-Hayate-Mikumo?
It's the former anon. But Kawamori stated that he intends to break away from the usual standards of the Macross love triangle.
>>
>>13758188
Nah. Its your vision and taste that's shit.
>>
>>13758178
It's the former, at least according to the cast listing. Also the latter we literally just had in Frontier
>>
>>13758178
Why not both?
>>
>>13757666
WE'RE HAPPY YOUR ALIVE
>>
>>13758007
Welcome to /m/.
>>
and then we find out it is a harem building sries with everyone on hayate's gun pod
>>
>>13758232
>and then we find out it is a harem
Nah
>>
>>13757669
>I thought Zolan couldn't breed with humans/zents.
That was a in-universe radio drama and you are expecting accuracy?

Protoculture made their seeded races able to breed with each other.
>>
>>13756545
Does that mean that this will be a special 1 hour episode, running for about 45 minutes while including commercials?
>>
>>13758199
>Kawamori stated that he intends to break away from the usual standards of the Macross love triangle.

I wonder what that will actually mean like are we going to see triangles within triangles, early resolution or will it just be the younger girl winning the main triangle instead of the older one.
>>
>>13758680
yuri end?
>>
>>13758744
As long as all the fucbois get into a huge orgy at the end sure
>>
>>13755643

Man, I think Delta has stepped too far into FUTURE culture for me...

Like, Frontier was obviously futuristic, but it still had enough parallels with the real world that it felt comfortable to me. Chinese resturants, sprawling shopping malls, cars that I could understand, etc.

Delta, I don't know, it's a little bit of a culture shock for me.
>>
File: Hey, I'd watch it.png (280 KB, 458x804) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hey, I'd watch it.png
280 KB, 458x804
Well, I guess I'm going to have to admit that my predictions for Delta were nowhere near close
>>
>>13758795
of what we've seen of the setting, it would seem they're drawing a lot of influences from metropolitan places like Dubai. On the flip side, the ruined area where the idols were doing their song and dance, seemed to have brick and mortar east coast look to it
>>
>>13758819
Love triangles with female centers are the worst
>>
>>13758795
I hope this is sarcastic, the fucking guy was loading and unloading crates at a fucking shipping yard
>>
So is humanity the dominant species with the large amount of aliens they CULTURED?
>>
>>13758680
I think we are going to have two triangles or 3 vs 3.
>>
>>13758178
>Mirage-Hayate-Freyja
This one. Cast list shows that these three are main characters.
>>
Wait are the girls the pilots or do we just have like 5 rankas now?
>>
File: VF-31 formation.webm (2 MB, 800x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
VF-31 formation.webm
2 MB, 800x600
>>13759368
5 idols but they have a more active part in battle. They control these boomerang drones to shield themselves and civilians from enemy attacks while working with the VF team. So we sorta have a team of Basaras now.
>>
>>13759378
When Delta inevitably gets into SRW, would they be standalone units?
>>
File: Messer VS circus.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Messer VS circus.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>13759381
I can't see that happening since they can't physically harm mecha. The drones are purely defensive and their singing only works on var infected people. If I had to guess each VF pilot will have their designated singer as support for spirits and certain moves.
>>
>>13758210
>Deltafags being delusional fucktards confirmed

Spring is gonna be something else.
>>
>>13759412
>Robofag being this much of autistic cunt in denial

Can't wait for spring to see you all butthurt and salty. Cry more please.
>>
>>13759427
He's already butthurt, his kickstarter roboshit academy failed remember?
>>
>>13759427
>>13759445
>Anyone who criticizes Delta is a Robotechfag

Is this the new Stick to A/Z?
>>
File: OpwoPad.png (77 KB, 1096x689) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OpwoPad.png
77 KB, 1096x689
>>13759472
Just calling it how it is.
>>
>>13759378
>They control these boomerang drones to shield themselves and civilians from enemy attacks while working with the VF team
Why don't they arm VFs with boomerang drones too?
Why don't they make them boomerang Ghosts instead?
>>
>>13759487
The drones are part of the VFs payload they just mostly use them to protect the civies and the fancy light show.
>>
>>13758819
>2 guys, 1 girl love triangle

No, just no
>>
>>13758887
>>13759498
Plus did it and nobody complained about that.
Though nobody talks about plus other than the robot porn anyway
>>
>>13759482
He's not wrong
>>
>second episode of Delta
>orange Ranka finally meets walkure
>none of them actually like the idolshit and they think it's stupid
>they only do it because so that the backwater goverment they work for can make mad idol bucks
>>
>>13759504
>Plus did it and nobody complained about that.
I wasn't a fan of it. All three members were kinda cuntish

>Though nobody talks about plus other than the robot porn anyway
Exactly.
>>
File: 1.jpg (10 KB, 250x198) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
10 KB, 250x198
>>13759524
Then people would just say that's not Macross because the point of most of the singers in Macross who sing is because they love doing it and would just call them absolute cunts

Isn't one of the reasons people call Minmay a total vapid cunt is how incredibly easily she gave up on singing because she wanted a guy?

>>13759482
>And we at MacrossX.com are all laughing
>>
>>13759487
>Why don't they arm VFs with boomerang drones too?
The drones need to be directed and a pilot can't do than and fly a VF at the same time.
>>
>>13759521
He's not right either.
>>
>>13759539
>Then people would just say that's not Macross
People are already saying it ain't Macross as it is now.
>>
>>13759524
>also known as the Kawamori pls save statelight maneuver
>>
>>13759550
And they're wrong because he three main elements are there. Actually the love triangle one hasn't even shown up yet.
>>
>>13759550
Only people who are saying it isn't Macross are SDF/Plus fans.
>>
>>13759560
But I'm an SDF fan

Okay admittedly, I'm more of a DYRL fan.
>>
>>13759569
I mean fans that only like SDF and Plus. They think Macross should only focus on the military aspect and hate the singing aspect of the franchise. See >>13759482
>>
>>13758819
>Male pop singer
>Female MC who pilots
>2 guys 1 girl love triangle

Now, you know that this wouldn't work at all unless you were going full fujoshi with this right? Because that's what this is sounding like. It would completely lock out any male buyers.

Maybe this would work for an OVA or something. There aren't even any aliens for deculturing in this premise
>>
>>13759591
>you know that this wouldn't work at all unless you were going full fujoshi with this right?
Anon, Delta has a squad of evil pretty boys with fabulous hair.
>>
>>13759606
And I'm not disagreeing. In fact, I'm pretty sure Delta has more boys than girls in it. However it also has a squad of cute girls as frontliners. It's double pandering
>>
>>13759610
It has mecha too. That's triple pandering.
>>
>>13759611
Yet people will keep complaining about how Delta is pure idol faggotry.
>>
>>13759554
So by your stupid logic Robotech is Macross
>>
>>13759627
>yet
Literally 89% of the first episode is out right now.
>>
>>13759641
>89%
I love this meme
>>
>>13759627
Don't know how you got that out of my post
>>
Will Delta idols will be covering older Macross songs?
>>
>>13759691
I hope they cover Seikan Hikou.
>>
>>13759691
Frontier did it. I don't see why they wouldn't
>>
>>13756390
What about Frontier?
>>
>>13759584
SDF was hella singing.
>>
>>13758012

is it just me, or does cg tend to feel 'flat', like there is no weight to any of the movement of the valks? it never conveys the actual speed that's happening. everything just seems to glide along.
>>
File: 1452653974619.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1452653974619.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>13759731
That's just Satelight being shit.

>CAPTCHA Orange
>>
>>13759524
>purple was a washed up bar singer before she got recruited and is doing it for the money
>red just wants to wear cute dresses
>green doesn't really care at all
>cowtits just does it to see the robots in action up close
>>
>>13759691
>yfw AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>13759691
I think a cover of Lion would be cool.
>>
>>13759746
>Robots fighting in a robot-sized hall, with robot-sized wooden doors and robot-sized chandeliers.
>>
>>13759691
I'd like to see them cover some of FB's songs like Planet Dance, Holy Lonely Night and Totsugeki Love Heart. Also, the obligatory My Boyfriend is Pilot and AiObo. From Frontier then Lion, Seikan Hikou and Sagittarius would be good options, but also Universal Bunny and Niji-iro Kuma Kuma and maybe even Hoshikira since Freyja's seiyuu sang that song for the auditions.
>>
>>13759778
>red just wants to wear cute dresses
Have a feeling that her reason is Messer.
>>
>>13759791
Never been to Europe I presume?
>>
>>13759809
I think that's expecting too much. I'd set my expectations to more like one song from each of the previous series.
>>
i bet ai obo is going to make it in there almost guaranteed.

and least likely would be a Sharon Apple song though that would be different and cool
>>
>>13759782
>yfw Basara comes out of fucking nowhere and sings it himself
>>
>>13759862

>Basara created Walkure
I don't care how dumb that is I want it
>>
Guys, guys. I think I have it. I understand now.
When I saw >>13758003 I suddenly realized: People are turning off the episode once they get to the Koi! Halation THE WAR sequence. They're actually so physically repulsed by the idea of music in a Macross TV anime series, that they actually don't even finish the episode before heading to /m/ to bitch about it!
It all makes sense now!
>>
>>13759869
>Lady M is actually Mylene. She and Basara are behind Walküre.
>>
>>13759691
>cover of Sayonara no Tsubasa the end of traingle but with VALKYRIAAAAAAA replaced with WALKUREEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: character_10.png (208 KB, 650x770) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
character_10.png
208 KB, 650x770
This guy is voiced by KENN who also happens to be a singer. Do you think we will have some male idols in the end?
>>
>>13759874
Lady M is clearly Mirage. Mikumo is being a snotty shit.
>>
>>13759869
That's so unbelievably ridiculous, that might as well happen

Imagine Basara teaching "singing while fighting" class
>>
>>13759879
Will they wear frilly outfits too?
This is important
>>
>>13759879
>Do you think we will have some male idols in the end?
Absolutely

The second I saw one of them was voiced by KENN, I figured the possibility was there
>>
>>13759898
I guess barely anyone passed once they got to play an instrument and singing while pulling ridiculous maneuvers in a VF 102
>>
>>13759862
>>13759869
>implying Basara isn't Mikumo's father, making her an Anima Spirtia, hence her crazy abilities.
>>
>>13759879
I think enemies - pretty boys club can end up singing.
>>
>>13759922
Well, Macross is all about making peace with the enemy through song. I expect the final battle to include a giant decet by walkure and the pretty boys.
>>
If the soldiers can go crazy and murderous at any time because of brain parasites then why don't they include remotely controlled killswitches on all the battlepods and valkyries?
>>
>>13760522
Because that's a huge fucking liability in the face of actual combat? Imagine if you had kill switches installed on all of your giant mecha, and someone hacks into the system and shuts them all down at the start of a battle.

Besides, Vars Syndrome is apparently too random to predict when and where it will happen. Why spend a shitload of resources to install a countermeasure in all of your military equipment when it might as well not work?
>>
>>13755743
>>13755756
>>13755760
>>13755771

If it is like 0048 then it will be garbage.

Let's pray Kawamori learned his lessons from 0048.
>>
File: 6cbbroq.png (866 KB, 1280x889) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6cbbroq.png
866 KB, 1280x889
>>13759644
It even says it at the end of the episode you fucking idiot.
>>
Say, could someone repost the translated info about the characters, backstory, and summary of this series again?
>>
>>13758819
That's because, thankfully, everyone who actually works in the industry would laugh at something so stupid as your grimdark fanfiction, you fucking disgusting autist.
>>
>>13760673
>Let's pray Kawamori learned his lessons from 0048.

That idolshit makes a shitload of money even when you don't put effort into it?
Because that's the lesson I learnt from it.
>>
>>13762175
>That idolshit makes a shitload of money
0048 flopped. The whole idolshit is an instant money maker has been proven wrong dozens of time. Love Live was a success because it was a multimedia franchise that was plastered every where same with Uta Prince.
>>
>>13762142
No wonder the industry is a stagnant mess starved of creativity.
>>
>>13761252
No, the fact that you think its going to look vastly different in a few months is hilarious in itself.
>>
>>13760522
>>13760553
Sharon Apple incident 2.0
>>
>>13762223
Your idea is shit anon, just live with it
>>
>>13762223
As a well trained edgelord, I can tell you that your idea is not particularly edgy, but is most certainly boring and sleep inducing.
>>
>>13762310
>>13762369
Why?
>>
>>13762227
I never said the first episode was going to look vastly different. I meant the series only has one incomplete episode out at the moment and it's stupid to think it won't have a love triangle based on that single episode.
>>
>>13759584

You're building a strawman, in SDF the singing element was well done because it wasn't actual magic, it was a culture shock that gave people the possibility to nuke the shit out of their enemies.
Making it magic shit like in 7 killed Macross for normalfags and relegated it to anime watchers.
>>
>>13762406
It reads like the kind of thing you'd find in the average male Americans desk drawer that he wrote when he was bored. By no means am I saying Deltas ideas and shit are any better, since they aren't in the slightest, but it's still really boring and unimaginative.
>>
>>13762427
>Making it magic shit like in 7 killed Macross for normalfags and relegated it to anime watchers.
Good, good.
>>
>>13762427
DYRL did it first. 7 just became the larger influence over Macross

>>13762406
It's the kind of story that someone who's only watched Robotech and likes gritty stories would think would work for a Macross TV series. Also it sounds like it exclusively wants to target girls, though I don't think that was your intention, that's how it comes across
>>
>>13762455

Considering the animation also got a huge hit by the time Zero and then Frontier came, and that Kawamori's writing became shit too I guess we didn't lose much yeah.
>>
>>13762455
this
>>
>>13762427
I understand what you're saying but it doesn't matter. Most hardcore SDF fans I've seen don't give a shit about the singing part of it. They only like the mecha and zentradi.
>>
GIRI GIRI AI
>>
>>13766532
ABUNAI BORDERLESS
>>
>>13766532
You know if you keep posting this I'm going to start actually hearing it in my head

Also, can we talk about how lewd these lyrics are?
>>
>>13766686
What are they?
>>
>>13766758
My head is full (kirikirimai)
I'm going even further (saranaru chi e to)
My mind is melting{ishiki ga tokeru}
I can't control my body (karada wa seigyo funou)
I'm coming (icchau kamone)
>>
>>13766758
No, it's actually a pretty sad song.
>>
>>13766758
>I fell in love when I saw his eyes...
>I went for him with everything I could...
>But I want to know even more about him
>so so I'm burning with passion...
>>
>>13759487
The drones probably aren't worth the trouble for VFs. Note that it didn't take a whole lot of missiles to power down Pink and Green's drones
>>
>>13759487
1. The Multi-Drones aren't fast enough to keep up with the Valkyries at combat maneuvering speeds.
2. The Multi-Drones appear to have very little functionality outside of barrier projection. Valkyries already have their own pinpoint barriers.
>>
>>13755914
Wait, who are the other three Roys?
>>
>>13768609
Kinryuu maybe? I can't think of any others though.
>>
I can't get the BGM from the dogfight out of my head. It really amped up the fight a lot. I liked how the pilots on both sides actually worked together as a squad.
>>
>Gundam has literal magic and supernatural crap
>no one complains
>>
>>13769279
>implying people don't shit on newtype bullshit all the time
>>
>>13769279
Hey I'm one of the fags who was complaining about the "magical girl" stuff, but even I got swayed having rewatched the episode a couple of times.

Lets just wait for it to air before we judge.
>>
>>13769183
Agree. Those bagpipes added some flavour. Kawamori said one of the main themes would be teamwork and it surely showed during this first episode.
>>
>>13768609
Ozma is one of them, I'm assuming.
>>
>>13768609
>>13770233
Roy, that one guy who died early in II, Ray, Ozma and now this guy
>>
>>13762427
Nah, SDF was pretty stupid too, only nostalgiafags would believe differently.

>>13762466
But Frontier was also more successful than both Zero and Plus in Japan so there goes your argument.
>>
>>13775183

Only people who have no internal organs use the term 'nostalgiafag' unironically.

Get off the internet, skeleton.
>>
>>13762427
>You're building a strawman, in SDF the singing element was well done because it wasn't actual magic, it was a culture shock that gave people the possibility to nuke the shit out of their enemies.
>I have no attention span so I just watched DYRL and claimed I watched SDF.
>>
>>13775360
Actually if he had just watched DYRL, he would be saying it was magic. That's when singing as actual magic really got started
>>
>>13775351
Would you rather be called a Robotechfag?
>>
>>13770477
>Macross II
>canon
7 rendered it obsolete, nobody cares about it.
>>
>>13775577
Come to think of it Macross II got reclassified as an inuniverse movie
>>
>>13775626
That actually legitimizes it
>>
>>13761252
That's not what version numbers mean...
>>
>>13775645
Not really it seems more like an in universe movie that was a sequel to a movie based on an actual event, but is entirely fictional.
>>
>>13775645
As a movie and nothing more it has no basis in fact just entirely fictional.
As in its filmed on Earth and played in theaters across the galaxy just like DRYL. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the cast watching Macross II at some point during Delta
>>
>>13775765
The fact that the events of DYRL are referenced as an actual historical event while M2 never is should be enough of a clue.
>>
>>13775577
I never said it was canon

>>13775645
No it fucking doesn't
>>
>>13775858
DRYL & Macross II
script wrote by macross humans
acted out by macross humans
shows on movie screen for macross humans

You only have one difference between these two movies
First is movie based off real events but is changed from how it really happened

Second is a complete work of fiction based off nothing but a script
>>
Macross II is in like 2092. It can't even happen yet

Also II was literally said to be in an alternate univese. NOT CANON.
>>
>>13775896
Zentradi have watched and liked DYRL.
>>
>Macross + AKB0048 + Symphogear

This is going to be an AotD contender.
>>
>>13775966

You mean trainwreck of the decade.
>>
>>13776026

>trainwreck meme

Fuck off.
>>
On a serious note, does anybody else hope that for once Kawamori doesn't turn Freyja into a completely fucking annoying idiot over time? This seems to be a serious problem Kawamori has with the losing party in his series, they slowly start turning into dicks. Minmei, Guld, Ranka, even in stuff that isn't Macross like Sirius and Zessica

I'm only assuming Mirage is going to win the Hayatebowl
>>
>>13776064
They didn't suddenly change anon, they were always terrible to begin, the circumstances just made it easier to see that.
>>
>>13776083
Minmei and Zessica were not terrible to begin with (especially Zessica, she was literally everything that Amata was looking for)
>>
>>13776107
No Minmei was a cunt from day one, and Zessica wasn't much better.
>>
>>13776132

You might have considered her a cunt from day one, but she very definitely changed as soon as she fell for Amata and became almost a different and completely unrecognizable character because of it. That would appear to be more down to Okada and other staff members than Kawamori though since I don't believe he did a lot of the script or writing for Evol.
>>
>>13775945
I can see why they got a great redesign out of the deal
>>
>>13776152

> all those Zentradi sitting down to watch the new period drama SDF Macross
> what the hell, all the actors are just micloned humans
> what the fuck kind of marginalization shit is this, why wouldn't they hire some actual zentradi
> McHollywood has no zentradi actors
>>
>>13776202
>Exsedol sit down to watch the movie
>YES!! I don't look like a henchman from the middle ages anymore
>>
>>13775626
Nope still Parallel Universe. Checked Macross Chronicle and the Japanese wikipedia.
>>
>>13776064
Guld was a dick way before the show started
>>
>>13776202
#oscarssohuman
>>
>>13776148
It just made her desperate, speaking as a person who has actually met women like Zessica in real life. They aren't pitiable at all, they chase after a guy all the while knowing that he isn't in the least bit interested in being with them and then act devastated when realize that he really isn't interested in them at all. But instead of trying to move on they become desperate to get his attwntion and when it doesn't work they wallow in their self pity.
>>
>>13780403
*attention
Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 34
Thread DB ID: 449371



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.