[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It was pretty alright I guess. I think I had significantly higher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: YF21-Na_YF19-Na_Plus-2.jpg (135KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
YF21-Na_YF19-Na_Plus-2.jpg
135KB, 800x600px
It was pretty alright I guess. I think I had significantly higher expectations than how it turned out. Looked beautiful just as they say and the music was killer. I didn't really like any of Sharon's songs though, I was more into the regular OST

I'll say it was better than 0083, the other "Top Gun with mechs" though I don't think I really 'liked' any of the characters except Yang. Nigga just wanted his plane to fly and fap to AI idols

Also I was expecting a much bigger DRAMA reveal considering I kept hearing /m/ and /a/ call Myung a rapeslut so first I thought from that initial flashback that she got gangraped at the school festival and Isamu didn't do anything about it but then it was all "Hurr I just blocked the real memory out".

She didn't even get raped, you lying assholes
>>
Nobody wants to talk Plus today?
>>
I don't like it. The only redeeming feature is the pretty animation and the nice VFs.
The plot and the characters are just terrible.
>>
>>13750486
>The plot and the characters are just terrible.
Preaching to the choir anon.

I mean I don't think the plot is all that bad, I think there's worse but pretty much everybody sucks as characters
>>
>>13750431
I'm too busy listening to HOLY LONELY NIGHT to give too much of a fuck about Plus anymore.
>>
>everybody hates the characters
Muh Brian Cranston
But no, seriously, how do you guys not like Isamu and Guld? The rivalry has been around for centuries and it was a pretty well-executed make-up.
>>
>>13750801
Because they're boring as fuck. The last fight make up was nice but it doesn't compensate for that selective amnesia bullshit.
>>
>>13750801
>But no, seriously, how do you guys not like Isamu and Guld? The rivalry has been around for centuries and it was a pretty well-executed make-up.
Because all of the drama in Plus could've been solved so easily if Isamu, Guld, and Myung got together and had a serious discussion about what happened. But no, they all have to act like stupid high school kids despite being in their mid 20s. For all the shit Frontier gets for their high school cast at least they act like adults when the time comes.
>>
>>13750828
>Because all of the drama in Plus could've been solved so easily if Isamu, Guld, and Myung got together and had a serious discussion about what happened.
Look, the selective memory stuff was bullshit but you know damn well that it would have been way more out of character to have them actually talk about something like that.
>>
>>13750836
That doesn't excuse having shitty immature characters. Plus has great animation and decent music but don't ever praise it for having well written characters or a clever plot. Shit is dumb.
>>
>>13750979
>That doesn't excuse having shitty immature characters.
In a real-life situation, nobody would ever talk about that sort of thing.
>>
>>13750801
Guld just seemed a lot more underdeveloped than Isamu to really give a shit about a rivalry. Sure there was his pill popping and Zent raging, but it to me felt like the main focus of the OVA was Isamu. Definitely some gorgeous battles though.
>>
>>13751001
unfortunately it's a story and can't be held to that standard
>>
>/m/ wants more hot blooded mcs
>Waaaaaah why are they so immature
>>
>>13751036
>/m/ is a single person
>>
>>13751036
Retarded =/= hot blooded
>>
>>13750190
I liked all the characters and the plot is one of the better macross plots. I don't understand /m/ and its irrational hate over any character that is not a knight in shinning armor. Just because a character is a dick does not mean they are bad. I was never bullied so maybe I'm just incapable of understanding the knee jerk hate for characters like monsha/guld/isamu/etc.

What is perplexing is that /m/ also hates characters that are pure and righteous, like Kira. Seems to me that /m/ just hates everything now.
>>
>>13750513

Story wise, I only really liked the last 19 v 21 fight, where they start going into petty shit. The rest of the "story" was a segue for all the action and did a shit job.

But seriously i don't watch Mecha for deep plots, as much as for pretty looking animation.
>>
>>13750828
>Because all of the drama in Plus could've been solved so easily if Isamu, Guld, and Myung got together and had a serious discussion about what happened.

That is true for 99% of all human conflict. I don't see the problem here.

>But no, they all have to act like stupid high school kids despite being in their mid 20s.

So, they act like most millennials do? Again, I don't see the problem here.
>>
File: 1446182219341.jpg (66KB, 312x560px) Image search: [Google]
1446182219341.jpg
66KB, 312x560px
>>13751026
>A story can't be realistic

This has GOT to be bait.
>>
>>13751140
But plus doesn't have knights or dicks. It doesn't really have character at all.
>>
>>13751140
Isamu is probably the only character i liked, and even he failed to go through any kind of character development. I could care less about development if the character is just plain likeable, though.
>>
>>13751173
why would you handwave high school angst as realism? it wasn't executed well
>>
>>13751178
>I could care less about development if the character is just plain likeable, though
Cancerous mentality killing actual quality writing
>>
>>13751214

In mecha? Hardly.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.