[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a really underappreciated series. I feel it was overshadowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

File: MA_Dragonar.jpg (10KB, 255x190px) Image search: [Google]
MA_Dragonar.jpg
10KB, 255x190px
This is a really underappreciated series.
I feel it was overshadowed by the Gundam franchise, and didn't have a chance to catch on the way Gundam did.

Yes there are some criticisms to be made, but it also has some strong points.
I'm making this thread so hard core fans, like myself, have a place to geek out and talk about one of their favorite anime.
Please post anything and everything Dragonar related!

So some questions for all of you, to spark some conversation

>who is your favorite character?
>what is your favorite metal armor?
>how were you introduced to dragonar?

Also when will we be getting decent subs?
>>
>>13746909
>>who is your favorite character?
I dunno, Light?
>>what is your favorite metal armor?
D1
>>how were you introduced to dragonar?
a few years ago while playing SRW A
>>Also when will we be getting decent subs?
never.
>>
>>13746909
>favorite character?
Tap
>favorite Metal Armor
Easily the dragoon. It's so cool.
>how was I introduced to the show?
By accident. I collect gunpla, and my aunt accidently bought me a dragonar 1, thinking it was a gundam. Instead of taking it back to the store, I decided I would watch dragonar to see if I liked it. Ended up loving it, despite the sometimes awful, sometimes goofy subs.
>decent subs
Hopefully soon. While lurking, I saw another dragonar thread where there was talk of a member here subbing the show, although he didn't seem thrilled.
>>
Well the real problem is that it's not really subbed

Tap
I like all of them
/m/ told me about it. I was a tiny bit let down because I was expecting something a little bit different but it really did feel like a Gundam AU before they were a real thing.
>>
I was thinking of watching this, how bad are the crabsticks? Are we talking original Ordian fansubs bad or weird names and terrible grammar bad?
>>
>>13747024
Bad grammar and weird phrasings like always translating nominative titles to mr. Or ms.
So you end up with mr. Captain, or mr. Lt etc.
>>
>>13747023
I think it had a more compelling story with deeper characters and better motives than most of the modern AUs.
It also had more logical suit designs.. it focused on functionality rather than flash.

They could have done better with gilganos though.. those guys are just classic space nazi assholes who are assholes for no other reason than "the greater good of humanity" and they are willing to kill any and everyone to establish rule over earth and her colonies
>>
>>13747084
Thing about Dragonar is that it feels very good and consistent...right until they start going to Earth. And even then it's still good but then there's that entire third quarter when it becomes Fist of the North Star with mecha for some reason and it feels really detached from what came before and after
>>
File: P1270899.jpg (483KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
P1270899.jpg
483KB, 1600x1200px
I was first introduced to Dragonar thanks to SRW MX
I loved the designs and combo attacks so I later then tried to watch the show with those horrid subs
>>
>>13747118
The shield is backwards.
>>
>>13747091
Although detached, it still had consistency.
Totally worth watching.
>>
>>13747118
This reminds me that I need to pick that up. Just bought Blaze Raven tho, so I'll have to wait until next paycheck.

As for the show, it's a generic 80's robot show. It's neither tremendous nor terrible, just run-of-the-mill.
>>
>>13746909
If I had won the Powerball, making a new series was going to be one of the few things I'd do the with money

Of course, it wasn't fated to be.
>>
>>13747091
>And even then it's still good but then there's that entire third quarter when it becomes Fist of the North Star with mecha for some reason and it feels really detached from what came before and after
To be absolutely fair, everyone was going MAD MAX in that era. For some reason, 80s Hollywood have a big influence on EVERYONE
>>
File: mg04.jpg (59KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
mg04.jpg
59KB, 480x300px
>>13747152
It's got some unique features.. it takes a realistic approach to space combat, actually utilizing aerial combat tactics etc.
It also has some neat designs pic related
>>
>>13747153
It was on my list as well anon.
And getting a new line of model kits.

Blew so much money on Powerball tickets.
Oh well
>>
>>13747023
Tap is the Kamille of dragonar.
Also, putting the black guy in a black robot
>>
>>13747162
Are you being serious?
Because I'm trying to learn how to draw to at least get a webcomic out.
>>
>>13747175
100% serious.
I would relaunch the series (with proper permission) and hire a full Japanese voice cast as well as an English cast.
I would pay for the entire series out of pocket (if I won the Powerball of course)
I would also pay Bandai out the ass to launch new kits
>>
File: D3 fucks shit up.gif (3MB, 300x234px) Image search: [Google]
D3 fucks shit up.gif
3MB, 300x234px
>>13746909
I do like me some Dragonar.

I dunno, I guess if I had to pick one it'd be either Kain or Light because I'm boring.

D3.

D3 IS BEST EVER.

SRW, but that's honestly how everyone was introduced to it pretty much.
>>
>>13747175
Actually anon, if you want to work on a Web comic.. I have an idea for an /M/ series that I would love to talk to somebody about.
It's a real robot series that hearkens back to 80s mecha, while maintaining it's own sense of modernity.

I have a throw-away email, if you are interested it's [email protected]

I can also send you sketches of the mechs, if you are interested
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Anyone have links for the osts? I have the first two, but later learned four albums were actually releases. Some guy was uploading random tracks from disc 3 on youtube but never replied when I asked him about it. Pic very related.
>>
>>13747189
I'm not very good at drawing just yet, so it's not something that's going to happen anytime soon.
>>
>>13747212
Still, shoot me an email and we can talk about it
>>
>>13747198
There was a FLAC upload of the Yume Iro Chaser single on Nyaa but the seeds are dead.
>>
>>13746909
I tried watching the first three episodes. I felt that the show didn't establish its factions very strongly. I still can't even remember who was who, or what side was what, or why they were fighting

Fucking amazing OP though
>BURNING HEART, BURNING HEART
>>
>>13746998
>although he didn't seem thrilled.

Then why do it? I mean I certainly would appreciate the effort but I also don't want to put him out if he really doesn't want to sub it
>>
>>13747023
>Well the real problem is that it's not really subbed
It doesn't help that Starseeker has zero motivation when it comes to working on this show. The only reason she's doing it at all is no one else is available to translate the Japanese track (thanks for borrowing Ametuchi for the difficult task of subbing live-action Patlabor, Nanto).
>>
>>13747546
Give it a chance.
It's one of those shows that drops you right in the middle, then slowly explains everything as the show goes on.

Basically gilganos is a faction of space noids who believe they can usher in a new Era of prosperity for the human race, and are doing everything in their power to bring everyone into their sphere of control.
Earth clearly wants to maintain its independence, and therefore is resisting gilganos.

The bad subs don't help
>>
I'm on episode 10 and I'm pretty bored
>>
File: gunlord messaging me on steam.gif (2MB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
gunlord messaging me on steam.gif
2MB, 400x306px
>>13747153
If I'd won, I wouldn't have to work and could get back to doing it.

>>13746909
Light.
The Drago. We Guntank now.
↑←↑
>>
File: item_0000010528_sgdfAC1n_03.jpg (110KB, 470x712px) Image search: [Google]
item_0000010528_sgdfAC1n_03.jpg
110KB, 470x712px
>>13747145
yeah but it looks cooler
I'd like the Girugazamune, but it is too expensive
>>
Who /pachinko/ here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpKtdS7gmmc
>>
>>13748259
>that remake of Yume Iro Chaser
NO
>>
>>13748050
Would you have shared some of the money with other fansubbers? Just curious.
>>
>>13749148
Yes.
>>
I would argue every 80s mecha show was overshadowed by Gundam.
>>
>>13750263
Macross somehow wasnt
>>
So you idea guys thinking about writing a sequel, what kind of ideas did you have?

So I can ape them for my own story.
>>
>>13751100
Give me several million euros and we can turn your story into the dragonar remake/sequel
>>
>>13747772
More like Gunlord is very good at puppy dog eyes than anything else. I think Ametuchi's still busy with a lot of real life work, least that's what she said when I met up with her a few months back.
>>
>>13750283
Pretty sure it was the big trendsetter for transforming robots. Well, that and the whole battleship doing the same thing.

>>13752286
>I think Ametuchi's still busy with a lot of real life work, least that's what she said when I met up with her a few months back.
Fair reasoning. Not sure if she'd ever be able to work on two different projects at once, although she is a pro, so I won't doubt her very much.
>More like Gunlord is very good at puppy dog eyes than anything else.
Yeah, I figured that.
>>
>>13746909
FUCK IT

I will brave the crabsticks as long as it dosen't alters the plot.
>>
>>13755632
Will you?
Anon I would suck you off if I could.
>>
Dragonar's Great, One of my favorite mech shows from the 80s

>Fav Character

Meio Plato

>Favorite Mech

Falguen easily, how can you not like it.

>When will it get decent subs.

When starseeker isn't fucking subbing gyrozetter
>>
>>13756930
>When starseeker isn't fucking subbing gyrozetter
It's been finished weeks ago, though.
>>
File: time_for_ninjas.gif (68KB, 418x455px) Image search: [Google]
time_for_ninjas.gif
68KB, 418x455px
Remember: 2016 will be just another year without Dragonar subs.

Also, Discotek will file for bankruptcy.
>>
>>13755632
Are crabstick subs of dragonar really that bad or good enough to know what is going on?
>>
>>13758045
You can get by for the most part. Just ignore stuff like the Nile river now being in Canada.
>>
>>13758045
Well I managed to watch the whole series with them
>>
I've been in love with the designs since forever. I also think the slight updates to make them look modern in the robot spirits line is so fantastic I ended up buying both Dragonar 1 and 2. I would have bought more but they were web exclusives.

If the series ever gets proper subs, I'll watch it no matter how shitty it is (currently doing that with Hi Speed Jecy, just on the basis of beng one of the persons that asked for that to be subbed multiple times).
>>
Still waiting for it to get decent subs. Until then I have this to keep me at bay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVojmOyMQ5Q
>>
Fuck it
I say we fan dub this bitch.
>>
>>13760851
Why not fansubbing?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.