[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does think of Dunbine? I keep rooting for Berb Bunnings

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 7

File: 1.png (270KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
270KB, 640x480px
What does think of Dunbine?
I keep rooting for Berb Bunnings but he keeps being pathetic faggot who disapoints.
He's abandoned his past and become a char, which sparks some hope i suppose.
>>
it's okay for a tomino work.

i think it has a little too much action. marvel a cutie etc.
>>
>>13744818
Burn becomes good at accomplishing things eventually, he just suffers from the little problem that any time he fights Shou, he loses. And this is canon, too, if Neo Byston Well is anything to go by.
>>
>>13744894
I think its pretty good for a tomino work.
>>
It's pretty good but probably his weakest 80s series after ZZ.
>>
Worst tomino.
Wasted potential at every corner.
>>
I watched this and still have no idea why people recommend it outside of because Tomino made it. It was terrible.
>>
>>13744818
I thought it was okay, but it had too many fights that ended with the enemy being slightly damaged and retreating. I also liked Burn just because he was the big shot in the beginning but lost all of that because of Sho and was treated like some nobody until he put the suit on.
>>
>>13744818
>What does think of Dunbine?
Plot time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Plot time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Plot time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Toy commercial time.
Plot time.
>>
>>13745168
So... a robot anime then.
>>
>>13745183
Dunbine is 4 cours long, many of the action sequences are repetitive and dull, when the show seems to run out of things to tell after a third of its run you can't help but vomit a bit in your mouth every time they get onboard their mecha.
>>
I've never seen it, but I know how it ends
>>
>>13744894

>okay for a tomino work
>implying tomino isn't the greatest creator in anime

top kek
>>
What the hell is up with all these ESL thread OPs?

Seriously, stop.
>>
>>13745205
If you say that and aren't just a shitposter, you're either delusional or don't know that many directors.

>inb4 people say I mean people like Miyazaki or Imagawa

No I mean people like Dezaki. People that were timeless.
>>
Better than IBO.
>>
>>13745221
I disagree.
IBO is slow but somewhat a pleasant experience.
Dunbine is just meaningless stuff thrown in your face with little to no sense of progression.
A show doesn't need to have progession to be good, but that's clearly what Dunbine was going for, making it even more jarring.
It's a shame too, because the character and setting are good.
>>
Dunbine is one of those shows that needed to be half as long as it was.
>>
>>13745200
>cours

Opinion discarded.

Anyway, that's pretty much every Tomino anime of 50 or so episodes.
>>
As a warring states series with robots it's solid, IMO. It also has Tomino's good touches as a director - as in he makes sure that the characters interact bodily when they converse and minds that they use body language when appropriate.
>>
>>13745296
>he makes sure that the characters interact bodily when they converse and minds that they use body language when appropriate
That is one of the few good parts of the serie. It didn't feel like it was used that much, but it was appreciated.
The robots themselves are very disapointing. The original design was too complicated and there is no attempt to emulate the texture, making them look incredibly boring. It doesn't help that the fight scenes are mostly equally mediocre.
>>
>>13745330
Dunbine had a shitty start (Just like ZZ, Victory and Brain Powered.) It's just when the shou and the other go to earth for the seconded time is when the show stops being good.

Other then that I really liked Byston Well, I felt like it was real fantasy world more than any modern Zelda game could have. Also Todd didn't do nothing wrong.
>The robots themselves are very disapointing. The original design was too complicated and there is no attempt to emulate the texture, making them look incredibly boring. It doesn't help that the fight scenes are mostly equally mediocre.
This bait
>>
I found the "mecha grows in size because of aura power" part of the series to be incredibly retarded.
>>
>>13745554
The world had potential but it ends up being castle and forest.
Sometime it gives you some alien specy for one scene or a couple of interesting locations, but in the end it might take place anywhere else for what I care.
Thankfully they were smart enough to change some rules while on earth (explosions are more deadly and stuff) making the shift feel much more exciting. Ironically the Earth stuff ends up being much more high stake and memorable.
Notable exception: That part when they want to reach the world full of those weird siren which name I forgot. It was good world building, with the right amount of tension linked to it, making it memorable.

Same goes for the races of Byston well. there are few introduced and they are all very interesting. In the end they are merely background, it does help to make Byston Well a little more alive and memorable, but it's really not enough.

The mechas are disapointing, this is no bait. They have simple color scheme and the low budget scenes make them look flat and boring. There's a scene every dozen episode trying to remind you that they are made from dead animals parts and microchips (How the fuck did they get so many anyway) but it never strikes visually.
There are dogfight (almost?) every episode and they're just not very good.

In an attempt to make the fights more interesting most of them involve a personnal grudge between opponents and it kinda works, but it's repeated so much during the whole show that it also gets boring.

Dunbine must have been one of the most boring show I've ever watched, thank god the earth part made it bearable. Sure the last arc on earth is too long but this is true for the whole show so that's hardly a default compared to the rest of the serie. Great character design though.
Billbine>Dunbine
>>
It was boring in the first half but it got amazing in the second.
>>
I've never seen a good argument for it being as long as it is. There are so scenes you can shave off that affect nothing.
>>
>It's a Riml gets runs away but gets re-kidnapped episode
>>
File: 1405051559396.jpg (1MB, 1672x1672px) Image search: [Google]
1405051559396.jpg
1MB, 1672x1672px
I don't get how you guys can tonguebathe Gundam all day despite its many issues but then turn around and castigate this show for having a lot of the same flaws.
>>
>>13745554
>Dunbine had a shitty start
Dunbine had a good start you retard. The show stops being good when they return to Byston Well.
>>
>>13745723
Same as Victory, tons and tons of padding by pointless battles.
>>
>>13745776
Neal and Riml drama is not good.
>>
>>13744818

It's pretty good until about 2/3 of the way through. Once every gets sent to Earth they kind of run out of plot, though. There's nothing left to fight over and no major events left to have happen except for the big final battle to kill the other guys, but they still have like 20 episodes to go so we get a lot of, "This is the final showdown you guys! It's all or nothing, kill or be k-OH CRAP THEY HAVE WEAPONS! RUN AWAY AND TRY AGAIN TOMORROW!"
>>
>>13745775
most of /m/ hasn't watched Dunbine.
>>
>>13745257
Which is hilarious, because Wings of Rean needed to be twice as long as it was for the shit it was trying to convey.
>>
Dunbine is tied with Brain Powered as my favorite non-Gundam Tomino show.

Aura Battlers aside, it's a great fantasy setting. Seriously, Byston Well is probably one of my favorite settings ever created.

Great cast too. Something about the way it's animated and directed sticks out in my mind. G-Reco really reminded me of the show, except it was more upbeat.
>>
>>13745775

I don't like Gundam though.
>>
>>13746623

I wonder if the LNs did it any better.
>>
File: 1416729699296.jpg (117KB, 584x313px) Image search: [Google]
1416729699296.jpg
117KB, 584x313px
>>13745278
Remind me again why some people get rumpravaged whenever somebody says "cours"? Is it hemorrhoids?
>>
>>13745639
>The mechas are disapointing, this is no bait. They have simple color scheme and the low budget scenes make them look flat and boring.
That's because Dunbine WAS a budget show.
>>
>>13746623
I refuse to believe Rean wasn't planned as a 12 episode series. because almost every reason that show was shit was because of its episode count.
>>
>>13747186
There's literally no way it was intended to be that short, you can almost feel when shit was spliced together. It had to have been 12 or 13 episodes slapped into 6.
>>
>>13745639
>Billbine>Dunbine

Low tier bait.
>>
>>13746936

He didn't contest that. He just said they didn't use the budget well, even if it was low.
>>
It a show full of really cool and interesting ideas and a fairly unique concept that was executed like shit.

So typical Tomino fair.

I still love it though.
>>
>>13745639
>explosions are more deadly and stuff
While the series does wander aimlessly for long stretches, I still remember it fondly for the good moments. Because plenty of them are really good.
Show and Garalia's duel on upper Earth and the casual massive loss of life was a great shocking twist.
>>
File: latest.jpg (76KB, 463x730px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
76KB, 463x730px
>>13747378
Huckebine is best
katoki ftw.
>>
>>13744818

I love Dunbine. Not without its faults, but overall a great story with a great ending.

Feels a lot like a docudrama retelling of the war in the Pacific during WWII. Carriers and their aircraft trying to outmaneuver each other. Dive bomber and fighters and ack-ack guns. Add in some extra alignments with tenuous loyalty, and 80's America fighting on both major sides of the conflict.

And the whole war grows out of imperial notions in the realm where souls linger between reincarnations. They build all that tech in that realm and then send it to surface world, exporting their war to us, with some nigh incomprehensible consequences.

Pretty wild.
>>
>>13745200
>is 4 cours long, many of the action sequences are repetitive and dull, when the show seems to run out of things to tell after a third of its run you can't help but vomit a bit in your mouth every time they get onboard their mecha.

This fits almost every ~50 episode Tomino show.
>>
>>13748159
Didn't felt like that for Daitarn 3, Xabungle and L-gaim.
Alright, almost by the end of L-gaim. Keyword is almost.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.