[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was everything in CCA suddenly fuck-huge?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

File: latest.jpg (185KB, 1500x981px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
185KB, 1500x981px
Why was everything in CCA suddenly fuck-huge?
>>
>open thread
>close thread
>>
>>13739924
You calling my mechafu fat brah?
I guess Char intended to spearhead the attack with it. The Sazabi has a ridiculous amount of firepower and can take a lot of punishment.
Or because it looks cool and threatening.

I haven't watched CCA in a while but I don't remember the rest of the mecha to be particulary bigger than before
>>
Because technology developed?
>>
To make room for Psycoframes and other newtype bullshit.
>>
Why did Cold War tanks suddenly get bigger all of the sudden?

Fuck off tripfag, I really hope you get permabanned one day, or at least you take off your trip so I can pretend you are part of the general pool of autis/m/ and not single handedly fucking up /gpg/. You don't have the social intelligence to know when not to make a thread about the dumbest shit and you can't even let one die down before making another. Either you are severely retarded (which, having seen the looks of your Turn-A, I'm inclined to believe) or you are a spiteful bastard that loves to contribute to the downfall of this board. I'd bet you were a major part of the autistic faggotry that came from G-Reco defenders. Neither side acted maturely, which isn't something I expect from /m/, but people like you fan the flames. I don't know where you think you are when you're attention whoring. I don't know who you think you are. I'd love to see you in real life because I know you have issues of some kind, I just want to figure out what.

For the record I'm not asshurt or anything, I'm just tired and I've seen your shitty non-contributing trip one too many times recently. Fuck off.
>>
File: tigerii-m4.jpg (30KB, 648x328px) Image search: [Google]
tigerii-m4.jpg
30KB, 648x328px
>>13739924
Why did tanks become relatively huge?

They are only slightly bigger anyway, the Nu is like 20m while the standard was 18m. Kind of like how the Tiger II is only slightly bigger than the M4 despite it giving off the impression that its way larger.
>>
>>13739955
that's BS, the point of psycoframe was that they shrunk psycommu down to tiny particles that were lining the cockpit sphere
>>
File: m34_n49.jpg (97KB, 577x600px) Image search: [Google]
m34_n49.jpg
97KB, 577x600px
>>13739964
>They are only slightly bigger anyway
Nu is much bigger than RX-78
If you ever built any gunpla of Nu you'll feel the difference, especially when compared to OYW suits
>>
>>13739964
>They are only slightly bigger anyway, the Nu is like 20m while the standard was 18m.

The RX-78-2's head height is like 18m. The Nu's is like 22.
>>
>>13739924
Wasn't that the progression of MS throughout early UC. Mobile suits just kept getting bigger until they got to monstrous sizes in Zeta and ZZ. The trend continued through CCA and we don't see it stop until we get to F91.
>>
>>13739924
Scirocco and Char realised their dicks were small, so they compensated with their MS's
>>
low test
>>
>>13739924
Why is the F-15 Eagle so big?

I mean, didn't the power generator on the reactors come from plane specs.
>>
The people making Amuro and Char's MS thought the designers was using another unit of measurement in the blueprints and so the Sazabi and Nu came out huge.

This is why you standardize your units of measurements.
>>
>>13740090

Basically. I'm not sure how you can say it's suddenly when the ZZ Gundam is 20 meters at head height and even fuck hugier in terms of it's proportions. As were most of the suits in ZZ really. Zeta Gundam was about the same height too. The size of the two main mobile suits in CCA didn't come out of nowhere, it was an organic result of the line of technological development that had been ongoing in UC up to that point. After which by the time we get to F91, the trend has reversed since a lot of the necessary technology has gone through miniaturization and the focus is less on defense and more on agility and speed. If CCA had been a longer OVA or series there'd probably have been more large suits introduced too.

Kind of wish we had an interim series between CCA and F91 to see the shift in technology and focus between big, defensive suits and small, speedy ones take place - with the starting Gundam being big and the upgrade being small. Not that I wouldn't want a new latish UC series around that point anyways - it's just one more reason why.
>>
>>13740235
>between CCA and F91
Unicorn
>>
>>13739924
Well, that's because-

Oh, it's you. Never mind.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ndqc17q6TM1sqqavy.jpg
151KB, 500x500px
>>13739962
Check your blood pressure bro
>>
>>13741018
Again, not frustrated. I just want Shitposter-kun to understand that he is one of the least-liked trips on this book.
>>
>>13741037
What is a trip?
>>
>>13740235
Animated F90 when?

I mean, fuck, it's perfect. Zeon comes back! They use things that look like their old units, for easier kit selling! Feddies have cool new grunts and a modular Gundam, also good for selling kits!
>>
>>13741057

> has Zeon
> perfect

I respectfully disagree. I realize you're speaking from Bandai's perspective and presumably as a fan of the manga, but I don't really like the F90's design and I want to see something besides yet more Zeon.
>>
>>13739924
>ZZ Gundam - 19.78 m
>Nu Gundam - 22 m

>suddenly fuck-huge!

facepalm
>>
>>13741044
It's when you trip up and reveal yourself as someone who needs to lurk more.

Also for some reason I wrote book instead of website, might have been an autocorrect.
>>
>>13741158
I am just speaking from the marketing perspective, yes, but I dunno, to me that looks like it'd sell like hotcakes if they pushed it.
>>
Why is Miss Sazabi cuter than Mister Sazabi?
>>
>>13740240
Actually true. The Unicorn itself is pretty hefty, but we also see the Loto which are tiny, and the ReZels which are all about small guns and gottagofast.
>>
File: gundam-lineup-suits.jpg (152KB, 1600x480px) Image search: [Google]
gundam-lineup-suits.jpg
152KB, 1600x480px
>>13739924
Are you seriously still going about how the Sazabi kit is bigger than 78-2? Are you THAT newfag to the franchise? Or you just that desperate for attention?
>>
>>13741158
I'm willing to compromise with more Zeon if we can finally move the series forward a little.
>>
>>13739924
Yeah, I saw a graphic here a while back that showed that the Sazabi was absolutely gigantic compared to the Nu. I guess they realized that having mobile suits that are over 60 meters tall wasn't sustainable though.
>>
>>13741241
Trophy wife.
>>
>>13741057
Modular F90 is dumb shit, it should only be used to sell kits like all the AGE variants
In any series, it should just be a small RX-78 going up against the big guys on Mars
Also change the story heavily because Mars Zeon has no meme leader
>>
>>13741241
Made by a qt.
>>
>>13741241
Fight me
>>
>>13741594
>Miss
>Wife

It doesn't work like that
>>
>>13741158
>I want to see something besides yet more Zeon.
What if we made an enemy faction that was called...um...Noez?
>>
>>13741822
>not Neoz and Neo Neoz
>>
>>13741183
What does lurk mean?
>>
>>13739962
>single handedly fucking up /gpg/
Not really that hard to do desu senpai, it's already a shithole.
/toy/ is at least 3 times better.
>>
>>13742185
Before him and spammer showed up it was pretty conducive to decent discussion. Now there are maybe 3 WIP or finished gunpla posted per thread. The rest are reposts or spammer or shitposter-kun with less talk on how to build/denub/sand/paint than there should be.

The problem I (and most of this board) has/have with him is that he puts very little effort into his work but chooses to post it frequently (despite nobody ever reacting positively) and refuses to change his mind. "Well I think it looks good like this/I don't care." He doesn't understand that nobody ever agrees with him and thinks his presence or his trip is welcome. I'm pretty sure he has only ever watched Gundam and he only posts about G-Reco. I've never seen an intelligent or well thought out, even a well articulated post from him. I can say that about very few trips, even cancerous trips like Fllay. Shitposter-kun is arrogant, mule-headed, ignorant to his influence, self-entitled and lazy.

>>13741926
4/10 got me to reply
>>
>>13742304
Snap-fit is a troll you moron.
>>
>>13742312
I thought so for a long time but I can't believe anyone is that dedicated to low-level shitposting.
>>
>>13742304
This.

I too, really get the vibe he's barely watched anything outside of the Gundam franchise.
>>
>>13739924
Fucking retard.
>>
>>13739924
They followed your mom's diet
>>
>>13741731
Make it Dozle 2.0 - Dozle Harder.

He's already piloting a Zam, may as well go all the way.
>>
>"Basically. I'm not sure how you can say it's suddenly when the ZZ Gundam is 20 meters at head height and even fuck hugier in terms of it's proportions. As were most of the suits in ZZ really. Zeta Gundam was about the same height too. The size of the two main mobile suits in CCA didn't come out of nowhere, it was an organic result of the line of technological development that had been ongoing in UC up to that point."

I'm wondering if you read what I wrote. I basically said that mobile suits get getting bigger. I even stated how they got monstrously huge in Zeta and ZZ. Then I related that this trend of mobile suits getting bigger continued until F91. However, I will concur that I wish there was a series or even just some OVAs bettween Unicorn and F91. Ideally it would be sweet if they redid F91 and did an additional series in that gap but I'd gladly settle for one.
>>
>>13743534
*kept getting instead of get getting
>>
>>13741569
Well Sazabi IS 3 meters taller supposedly, but different merch has made that more or less glaring.
>>
File: nu_sazabi2.jpg (56KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
nu_sazabi2.jpg
56KB, 640x413px
>>13743920
>>
File: 1901.jpg (140KB, 870x793px) Image search: [Google]
1901.jpg
140KB, 870x793px
>>13743921
>>
>>13741835
>filled with suspiciously slavic characters
>>
>>13743920
>Well Sazabi IS 3 meters taller supposedly,

head heights:

Nu= 22 m
Saz= 23m
>>
>>13739964

Aren't Sherman tanks also kind of weirdly tall for their weight?
>>
File: m4-vs-pziv-height.jpg (32KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
m4-vs-pziv-height.jpg
32KB, 600x337px
>>13744329
I think it was due to the transmission.
The transmission was in the front, so they needed to put the drive shaft down the center from the rear to the front to connect the engine to the transmission.

The Panzer IV, despite also having a frontal transmission, wasn't as tall though. It just has a rather tall cupola.
>>
>>13742664
The way I see it in my head, with the additions of stuff like Unicorn existing and dissolving Zeon remnants and F90 still being canon as the last of the Zeon remnants, it needs to be reworked

Like the Mars Zeons who have been there since the OYW have let go of their hatred and mostly become colonists eeking out an independent existance. But they're only half of the faction and the other half is the LAST of the diehard extremists who left to Mars after Zeon was dissolved to join up with their Martian brothers only to be presented with hippies. So they make big guy for you MS, failing to see that the times have changed and that robots of that sized will get them killed the same way their ideology will. It should be very much about understanding, not wiping out the last of the terrorists who want to destroy the Earth with a volcano railgun, but making Zeon accept that they're done with in canon and that it's alright to have peace with your former enemies
>>
>>13739924
Sazabi and Nu Gundam are one of my favorite mechs because they're the logical culmination of the technological and newtype advancements through the series. Unicorn felt too fantastical for UC to me.
>>
While we're on the CCA subject, how big's the HGUC Geara Doga? Say compared to a Custom Gouf or Zaku HGUC?
>>
File: h91_47.jpg (112KB, 732x550px) Image search: [Google]
h91_47.jpg
112KB, 732x550px
>>13747404
Somewhat taller and larger. Geara Doga is 20 metres tall, while the Zaku is 17.5 metres tall. RX-78 is 18 metres tall, so you can see it's gonna be about a head taller than either of them.
>>
>>13747411
Fucking rad, picked up then. I like how imposing and thick a lot of the CCA suits are, without being too wide like Doms. Really awesome balance.
>>
>>13743534

It was careless wording on my part and I apologize. I meant "you" in a more general sense and was referring more to the OP, and failed to realize that it could easily be taken to mean you as in...well, you.
>>
>>13741314
Do the big gundams make fun of the little gundams and call them gun-lets or gunda-manlets?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.