[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>My planet is giving us space cancer >I have incredibly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: Clanche_Gun.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Clanche_Gun.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>My planet is giving us space cancer
>I have incredibly futuristic technology and science
>I will create an artificial planet
>And turn it into a death star instead of a colony
>And blow up Earth with it
>While my people suffer in slums

Gundam AGE thread

Clanche is love and deserved to be in a better series.
>>
Don't forget "I could move the colony literally at any time and stop my people from dying but I won't because"
>>
>Tfw AGE's soundtrack and mech designs
>Plus the based adult characters like Woolf and Captain Not-Jamil

How the fuck did they manage to fuck up so badly?
>>
>>13738934

Well for a start they screwed up the villains completely. Never mind screwing up the Vagans as a faction by making them almost completely unsympathetic and hinging the ending on sympathizing with them or the broader details like that, they screwed up every single individual Vagan character of any note in some way.

Decil survived in to generation 2 for no reason, just to die like a bitch. Okay, not too bad, doesn't really cause any harm. They did the same with Zeheart though, and I'd say his survival in to generation 3 actually fucks up the show a good bit, since his actions throughout generation 3 negate any sympathy he's built up and again, he goes out like a bitch for no real net gain. More than that though, his inclusion meant that there was no other notable Vagan or adversary for Kio, with Vigna Giris or whatever the Ezelcant clones name is being introduced at the last minute despite having some good potential as a counter to Kio and even worse, having neither character, nor even really any lines. He should have been introduced as Ezelcant's clone right at the start of generation 3 and his similarity to Kio played up, since both are raised solely to fight by their paternal figure, where Kio eventually escaped it and began to see things in a new light and Vigna Giris never did. Until Kio finally rescues him at the end.
>>
>>13739096

Lu is a saccharine cute caricature that is so obviously a ploy for audience sympathy that she's off-putting and has the opposite effect. Her brother Dean could have been a good way to show both Flit and the audience that Vagans are capable of realizing how shitty Ezelcant and their nation'ss actions are and defecting to the Federation, but he was killed as soon as he did for cheap melodrama. Ezelcant himself was a schizophrenic maniac who seemed to change his mind on the reason for his war every few episodes and yet he was the one Vagan the audience is expected to sympathize with most for some reason, dying with a smile on his face in bed with his wife beside him and talking about Kio inheriting or fulfilling his fucked up dreams. And so on.

Hino was not a very good writer or director, at least for animation, and it shows. His "treat it like a game" directives, lax attitude to meetings and failure to take on board any of the staff's advice regarding the show didn't help either. The show was kind of doomed from the start though, given how much ground it wanted to cover and how few episodes it had. I doubt more episodes would have made it much better given that Hino just wasn't up to the job and the game's story isn't much better by all accounts (haven't played it myself to know), but it might have helped.
>>
>>13739096
This, honestly. I'm also disappointed we didn't get Ezelcant vs Flit (which I thought they were setting up when they had Ezelcant pilot the Legillis). At the very least they should have had Flit meet/confront Ezelcant, if for no other reason to show that Flit is the exact person who'd be created by Ezelcant's plan, rather than the bullshit 'peaceful race' he droned on about.

AGE actually had a bit of potential, but the writers squandered it at every turn.
>>
I just finished the first generation. Is the Memory of Eden movies a good substitute for the second one? Which episodes does it cover?
>>
>>13739201
Memory of Eden focuses totally on the rivalry between two second generation characters. The movies cover the relevant scenes those two characters have in the second and third generation story arcs, and end right at the conclusion of their final duel. The movies do not even bother to cover the ending of the TV series and overall plot, so no, they are not a substitute for the story if that's what you want.
>>
>Asemu fucks off and becomes a space pirate to specifically prolong the war.
Somebody please explain why the writers thought this was a good idea.
>>
>>13739278

Wasn't that just a cover to keep either side from finding the database thing? Because once the war sparks up again in earnest he wholeheartedly backs the Federation's victory, which is odd if he really wanted the war to keep going on.
>>
>>13739345
Didn't he only start backing the Federation after the Vagans got their hands on the final EXA-DB fragment, the Sid mobile armor, and data from the AGE-3 and AGE device?
>>
>>13739345
>>13739372
I can't be assed to remember AGE, but I never understood why he had a kid if he was going to do that. Doesn't he leave literally right after Kio was born?
>>
>>13739382
he goes off on a mission for federation after Kio was born. then he gets lost after a battle and tangled up with space pirates. he survives and after some drama, becomes their leader. he decides to never come back to the federation and his family at that point

he never planned to become some secret pirate from the beginning, it just kinda happened and he went along with it
>>
>>13739382
>>13739407
Honestly I'd become a space pilot space pirate captain of a spaceship if given the chance.
>>
>>13739382
His wife is literally Nina v2.

He was literally NTRed by her and The Heart.

I don't blame him for disappearing at all, I would if I was married to that harpy.
>>
If it's not for Flit's transaction from a kid who fights for justice to a grumpy racist old man, i would hated AGE.
>>
>>13740023
But Romary is cute though.
>>
>>13740036
Who knows how many of Zeheart's children she birthed while Asemu was off playing space pirate.
>>
>>13740061
Romary is a loyal wife anon.
>>
>>13738815
And when you thought that you will never see something as retarded ever again A/Z got made
>>
>>13738815
it sounds like a euphemism for vagina
>>
File: 1376220305947.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1376220305947.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13740036
I have to agree with that. Still disappointed that she didn't punch Asemu in the face for making her think he was dead for a decade, though.

>>13740061
>>13740077
>Implying it wasn't Flit tapping that ass to produce another Asuno just in case Kio couldn't cut it.
>>
>Great Characters wasted by a Shitty plot
>>
File: tumblr_lyfo23R2Th1r4wxzlo1_500.jpg (59KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lyfo23R2Th1r4wxzlo1_500.jpg
59KB, 500x281px
>Waifus killed because of shitty Melodrama
>>
File: tumblr_m3bqtj5XwJ1rp37yso1_1280.jpg (305KB, 854x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m3bqtj5XwJ1rp37yso1_1280.jpg
305KB, 854x1920px
>Character with amazing potential ruined because UNDERSTANDING!
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.