[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What technological advancements did the RX-78-2 have over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: RX-78-2_(4).jpg (2MB, 3463x5000px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-2_(4).jpg
2MB, 3463x5000px
What technological advancements did the RX-78-2 have over the Zeon mobile suits? Why was this one suit able to destroy every other mobile suit that Zeon could field? Also, why did Zeon fall behind technologically to the Federation? How did Zeon not have beam sabers until way late into the series?
>>
Plot armor.
>>
>>13735946
I'm not talking about the cliche "hero must win xD" shit that anime's have. Theoretically speaking, what was so special about this suit that single handedly pushed the war in the Federation's favor?
>>
A weapons that can one-shot any Zeon suit, armor that can't be peirced with the 120mm hyper rifle, and a focus on speed and maneuverability. The learning computer also compliments the talent of the pilot, making the suit react quicker.

In all, PLOT ARMOR.
>>
If I remember right, it's the beam weaponry with the saber, spear, and it's rifle having power nearly on par with a battleship at the time... And I think it was something like Lunar Titanium or something that made up it's body and wound up being way tankier than any Zaku can hope of killing.
>>
There is the learning computer, but also its mostly a pilot thing.
Mobile suits dont really matter at all in most gundam series with the exception of ep ~25 when the MC gets his new suit.
>>
>>13735953
It had a beam rifle and armor made to survive shots from the Zaku machineguns. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>13735975
>>13735981
>>13735987
>>13735989

This really makes it sound like Zeon incompetence when dealing with this suit is what cost them the war, how didn't they realize that the suit used stronger armor than their mass produced hunk of junks? Why didn't they attempt to manufacture something similar to it? Didn't M'quve say that Zeon could afford to continue the war for 10 more years?
>>
>>13736009
They did
>>
>>13736009
The higher ups probably didnt really notice the gundam because the white base was mostly doing shit on the sidelines, but was not really in the major battles.

But honestly its just that tomino never gave a fuck.
>>
>>13736009
>Why didn't they attempt to manufacture something similar to it

Gelgoogs. Plus most of the budget was spent creating massive MA's.
>>
File: MS-09 Dom.jpg (200KB, 375x518px) Image search: [Google]
MS-09 Dom.jpg
200KB, 375x518px
>>13735943
Okay, lemme try
>Improved overall motive power, more powerful reactor than contemporary Zeon suits (i.e. just Zakus initially)
>Luna Titanium armor, lightweight but tough, and tougher overall than contemporary Zaku armor/Zeon steel
>Modular as hell, core block system makes parts swapping and other tasks easy, though this isn't highlighted
>Learning computer supplements pilots' skills and logs data more easily than contemporary MS
>Powerful enough to sport in-built beam weaponry, see motive power
>Pilot was a Newtype, developed from wimpish teen to legitimate pilot and badass
Later on, EM plating in joints makes the Gundam even faster than it was initially.

Zeon never fell behind the Federation technologically, they were just held back by a medley of problems that made fighting on even terms (if only against the White Base) difficult. The Gelgoog, though on par with the RX-78-2 and likely superior to the Guncannon and Guntank, was actually finished some time before A Baoa Qu as a design but was held up by Zabi internal bickering and affairs. You can even see nonsense like that in-series when Ral was denied his Doms because of M'Queve.

On Earth, MS still gave Zeon the upper hand to some degree but this wasn't enough overall to supplant inept Spacenoid ground forces and a conventional vehicle fleet designed by people who had never been in real gravity. The Zaku itself wasn't even an optimal ground combat MS, merely having its space thrusters removed so it could fight on the ground. This is the reason the Gouf and Dom were developed, as the Zaku, Magellas, Dopps, etc simply weren't cutting it against the gravity-experienced EF forces, who would go on to hold for some time because of this.

Add earlier notes to misplaced development (e.g. too much emphasis on aquatic MS), aforementioned Zabi bickering, outright sabotage, lack of resources/inability to fight a prolonged war, plus the White Base, and you get what we have.

You watched the show right
>>
>>13736009
But anon they mass produced the gelgoog, which had BETTER performance in every way compared to the gundam
>>
>>13736049
>You watched the show right

I just started tonight, I'm only on episode 26, but from what I noticed the RX-78-2 didn't have any trouble against Ortega and his boys. Is this because Amuro is a newtype? Or does that not come into play until later on into the series? All in all, I just have so many questions and am a bit confused as to why the RX-78-2 was so much powerful than the Zeon forces, the show didn't touch on that stuff apart from the "learning computer" I could be wrong though
>>
>>13736061
The black tri stars is where he starts really awakening as a newtype and monster of a pilot.
>>
>>13736061
It's kinda touched on here and there, supplemental material also helps.

Are you enjoying it, at least?
>>
>>13736071
I noticed how he easily dodged a dom just by ducking, which was hilarious as all fuck and pretty sweet

>>13736082
yeah I'm loving it, I'm just hoping that Char is as beast of a pilot as everyone makes him out to be, so far i've been kind of disappointed with him after killing Garma and being demoted an underwater submarine
>>
File: Happy Zimmad man.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Zimmad man.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>13736049
I think what we can conclude from this is that Zeonic are a bunch of shitty hacks.
>>
>>13735943

amuro was a autist which made him 100x better at robot fighting than zeek scum
>>
>>13736165
>Zimmad comes out with new MS for ground combat
>Outclassed by the GM as soon as it rolls off the factory floor

>Zeonic comes out with a new general combat MS
>Wipes the floor in performance with Doms AND GMs

Hmm.

>>13736172
He grew out of that, though.
>>
>Zaku
>One eye

>Gundam
>Two Eyes

And that's why they won the war.
>>
>>13736174
>Zimmad comes out with new MS for ground combat
>Outclassed by the GM as soon as it rolls off the factory floor

But Zeonic made the Gouf.
>>
>>13736217
Then why did the Titans lose with Hambrabi's?
>>
>>13735953
The learning computer gathered enough data for the GM's computer that it instantly turned people who never even touched a MS before into decent pilots.

That's the technology that saved the feddie's war effort.
>>
>>13736055
The Gelgoog doesn't have shit on the Gundam's armour.

>>13735943
>Also, why did Zeon fall behind technologically to the Federation?
Because they are a tiny shit isolated nation with a fraction of the industrial and technical base of the Earth Federation. They got the drop on them in the whole building a giant robot thing but the Federation was miles ahead in ability when it comes to general things like powerplants, armour and firearms. It was inevitable that Zeon would eventually fall behind once the Federation gave a shit, that's why they went fucking crazy with nukes, gassings, and colony drops to try to win the war fast.
>>
>>13736055
That's wrong. The show never says this and the paper specs say the Gelgoog has worse mobility by far.
>>
File: 423289868.jpg (156KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
423289868.jpg
156KB, 720x1280px
>>13736221
Because the Hambrarbi's eyes were stacked vertically so everything appeared liked it was cocked 90-degrees sideways to the pilot. Naturally this would disorient some pilots. It was a major flaw in the design and the Hambrabi line would never be succeeded.
>>
Well, in the original Project-V Trio, there was the Guntank for long range combat, the Guncannon for medium range, and the Gundam for close range combat. The Gundam has medium range weaponry too, but it is clearly built around closing the distance in engagements so it can deploy the beam sabers. That huge boost in mobility makes Zakus completely useless, they do have a CQC weapon with the heat hawk but it is no match for a beam saber.
>>
>>13736226
Also the Federation had more aces, veterans who had somehow survived using the Ball. Meanwhile Zeon was getting depleted of Aces, thanks to a certain Mr Ray.
>>
>>13736262
>0079 paper specs
>not literal garbage blatantly contradicted by the show on a regular basis
>>
>>13736232
Beam weaponry made lunar titanium obsolete. granted plot armor would always play a role though.

>>13736049
Basically this. IIRC, the Dom's initial designs were finished in March, but the mass produced version wouldn't be rolled out until November, and it could have been even sooner if M'Queve didn't decide to cock block Ramba Ral. Or maybe even sooner if there was a sense of urgency. But the stalemate put Zeon in a false sense of security where they could roll out new weaponry at a leisurely pace. Suddenly the Gundam appears and lights a fire under their collective R&D asses, which is why it looks like Zeon's tech leap frogs in the last 3 months of the war. Also the liability of a free market came into play with Zeonic and Zimmad competing and undermining each other to get contracts as opposed to the Federation which was just one giant group. MS IGLOO ripped open this scab when it showed that Zeonic was actively sabotaging Zimmad and the war effort.
>>
>>13735943
Really the federation won the war with the GM, the Gundam is just propaganda
>>
>>13736576
Without the Gundam the Federation would've been crushed and there would've been no GM though.
>>
>>13736276
>Well, in the original Project-V Trio, there was the Guntank for long range combat, the Guncannon for medium range, and the Gundam for close range combat
I thought that was the Guncannon for bare-handed melee, the Gundam to solo the rest, and the Guntank to make the fat guy feel useful even though he's not
>>
>>13735943
Federation has larger resources than Zeon. Zeon only got as far as they did in the war because of their technological headstart. As soon as the Feddies started investing in MS tech, they were bound to surpass Zeon in only a matter of time. The Gundam itself was so special because it was a testbed for things like lunar titanium armour and beam rifles. A lot of this stuff was implemented in the GMs, but downgraded for cheap mass production. By the end of the war, Geelgogs and doms were up with the Gundam I'd argue. However by that point it didn't matter since Amuro awakened as a Newtype.

>>13735953
It's not the Gundam itself, it's that the feddies were able to use it to plan out the production of the GM.
>>
>>13735943
Isn't the whole point of Gundam to show how Japan (Zeon) didn't stand a chance against the US(the Federation)? Initially Japan had the edge over the US, they bombed Pearl Harbor, and then took over a large part of South East Asia and the Pacific. Then over time the US overpowered them with superior equipment, and larger numbers while the Japanese were unable to stop the American advance.
>>
>>13736700
And White Base is what, the Anerican aircraft carrier? What would be the -bomb then?
>>
Beam Rifle
Beam Sabre
Luna Titanium armor
Plot armor
Learning computer
>>
>>13736700

And then the Feds dropped a nuke on Zeon when the war was over.

Oh, wait...
>>
Wasn't the learning computer a huge fucking deal in that when it was incorporated into the GM line it meant fresh Feddie MS pilots weren't at a huge disadvantage against seasoned Zeon pilots(and a flat out advantage against the raw kids Zeon was throwing at them by the end of the war)?
>>
It's not the suit itself, it was literally a combination of tactics (watch the fucking show, the Feds started to outsmart the Zabi family and they got fucked) and newtype sorcery (Amuro), along with Char's treachery.
>>
>>13736009
Holy fuck the shows answers this, how about you watch it instead of reading the wiki?
>>
>>13737353
>watch it
eww
>>
>>13737187
>What would be the -bomb then?

the gundam
>>
>>13735943
Gundam had way better armor using brand new alloys and beam technology was never miniaturized until the RX-78. Beams fucking destroy everything in their path in the OYW era if you hadn't noticed and they could only be fitted as battleship cannons. The gundam running around with a handheld beam rifle was some fucking wild shit
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.