[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any instances of whimsical mecha that isn't traditional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: CPG1.jpg (191KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CPG1.jpg
191KB, 900x1200px
Are there any instances of whimsical mecha that isn't traditional Jap Kaiju stuff?
>>
File: Spider Tonk.jpg (628KB, 2500x1666px) Image search: [Google]
Spider Tonk.jpg
628KB, 2500x1666px
>>13731038
>whimsical mecha about Kaiju

You're gonna have to be a bit more specific with that. I've got zero idea of what you're on about.
>>
>>13731046
I'm thinking literally fairy tale-esque mecha.
>>
Escaflowne's a fantasy series if that's more what you're looking for?
>>
>>13731052

/m/ likes talking about Dubine and Escaflowne.

There's Ryu Knights and Chou Mashin Eiyuden Wataru which looks similar but the two are unrelated as far as I know of. Both are closer to classic JRPGs.

For nonstandard IPs there's Score of the Battle Fantasia Rulilura which is a tabletop game in Japan. There's a manga adaptation of the game's main themes as well. These are the titles I know of.
>>
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still

Castle in the Sky, I guess?
>>
File: a boy and his gorg.webm (3MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
a boy and his gorg.webm
3MB, 640x480px
>>13731038
you know!
*japanese sounding noises*
SECRET!
>>
File: phantom3.jpg (63KB, 455x746px) Image search: [Google]
phantom3.jpg
63KB, 455x746px
>>13731052
FSS comes to mind.
>>
File: 1447094179341.jpg (275KB, 1024x726px) Image search: [Google]
1447094179341.jpg
275KB, 1024x726px
>>13731052
DID SOMEONE SAY FANTASY /m/?

Aura Battler Dunbine
Aura Battler Dunbine: Tales of Neo Byston Well
Panzer World Galient
Break Blade
Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
NG Knight Lamune & 40 and its OVAs
VS Knight Lamune & 40 FIRE
VS Knight Lamune & FRESH
SD Gundam Brave Battle Warriors
SD Gundam Gaiden
SD Gundam Sengokuden
God Mazinger
Five-Star Stories (if you count Dune-style science fantasy)
Lord of Lords Ryu Knight and its OVAs
Wings of Rean
Maze Megaburst Space
Rayearth
Genmu Senkei Leda
RPG Legend Hepoi
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari (AKA Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar)
Magical King Granzort
Mashin Eiyuuden Wataru
KO Beast
Scrapped Princess
Beast Warriors Gulkeeva
Yamato Takeru

That's the short of it, anime-wise. There are a few manga and LNs I'm not listing (and games, both vidya and /tg/), but this'll set you up.

>>13731158
>RuLiLuRa
I've never been able to find scans of that damn series. Every link I find is dead.
>>
>>13731529
There are chinese scans of those in moderate quality.

http://www.dm5.com/manhua-huanzouzhanji/

Never did find the original raws myself.
>>
>>13731583
The closest I've found is this.

http://mangazips.blog.jp/archives/1004601274.html

I might have to google translate a request to reup the raws or something, if nobody else does.
>>
>>13731529
It should be worth pointing out that some of these have less/no subs, but if OP is fluent, then it's no big deal.

In the realm of games, there's also Vanguard Bandits and Solatorobo.
>>
>>13731052

FSS is what you're looking for my man
>>
>>13731529
>RuLiLuRa
>I've never been able to find scans of that damn series. Every link I find is dead.
Not that anon, but funny enough; I have the 4 volume manga set somewhere on my bookshelves.

Was considering taking them apart to scan (would be shit quality since it's just a multifunction printer/copier/fax/scanner), but I've no idea how to start.
>>
>>13734581
There's another series apart from the 3-volume one?
>>
>>13731529
I thought I was the only one that felt like LoDM was fantasy. I got into an argument with some other anons about that awhile back. I dunno man, the character and world designs, the human boy getting whisked into another realm to fight the knights of an empire with a mech that looks very much like a knight itself, the borderline magic used in some places, all of it felt very fantasy to me.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.