[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished MSG and Zeta Gundam last week. Can anyone explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

I just finished MSG and Zeta Gundam last week.

Can anyone explain why Bright tolerates this shit? Compared to how he treated Amuro and later Kamille, he more or less just rolls over for Judough, and there's no real explanation as to why,
>>
ZZ took a giant, steamy shit on Bright's character.

It's one of the many reasons why Tomino retconned it with the Zeta movies.
>>
>>13729808
>retconned
Are people really that inflexible or uneducated to not realize varying ideas or understandings of "what happened" in a fictional context?
>>
>>13729801
I always saw it as him just getting exhausted after all the shit he went through in Zeta and just not giving a fuck anymore.

ZZ mostly just shits on his character, anyway.

At least it gave me one of my favorite frames in anime.
>>
>>13729801
>compared to how he treated Kamille
And considering how Kamille ended up, I'd say it makes sense that he might want to try a different approach the next time.
>>
Almost everybody died in Zeta, so he lost his self-esteem.
>>
>>13729808
>ZZ took a giant, steamy shit on Bright's character.
I see. That is disconcerting.
>>
>>13729812
>ZZ is the black sheep of the early UC series
>None of the characters introduced in ZZ have a major impact in later UC series, (Puru 37 dicks was an after the fact character)
>It's only purpose was to tie up ONE loose end from Zeta
ZZ was a mistake, Tomino erased that mistake with the Zeta movies.
>>
File: Marida_Cruz_other_outfit.png (632KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Marida_Cruz_other_outfit.png
632KB, 1280x720px
>>13730693
>Puru 37 dicks
She didnt ask for it
>>
>>13729817
> in anime
You wot m8
>>
>>13729817
ANIME JA NAI
>>
>>13729801
Consider the situation he's in. The Argama crew is basically all gone. Kamille's in a coma, Fa's... Fa, Katz, Apolly, and Emma are dead, as is Henken, Quatro may as well be dead, Amuro is in Karaba, and he's going to get exactly ONE new pilot to fight Neo Zeon, which came out of the last war very strong.

Suddenly, he comes on a pilot that's actually kind of decent, able to handle the Zeta Gundam... at all, really, the first time he got in it despite not having had much MS experience. Bright has been through two major wars thus far, and knows full well how this Newtype bullshit works, so he grudgingly goes "ok, fuck it, fine, if I must." Turns out the kid brought along a bunch of other people, some of whom also turn out to be ok pilots.

They proceed to actually be of use during the war, so I suppose that in the end Bright Noa was vindicated for his choice in them. And even then, he was smart enough to know to get the hell out of there late in the show.
>>
>>13729808
No it fucking doesn't.

>>13729801
If you actually pay attention, you'll notice that Bright gets much more lax as the series goes on in Z. He eventually stops giving a shit about random people going out and stuff like that.
>>
>>13729801
After Amuro and Kamille, Bright didn't have enough energy to be a father-figure to another kid.
Even to his biological son.
>>
>>13729801
Birght is becoming genre-savvy and realizing that if he lets his silly staff do what they want they'll carry him through multiple brushfire wars with no real damage.
>>
He'd been dealing with this shit for like 8 years at that point.
His spirit had grown weary.
>>
>>13729801

ZZ is barely canon, OP. It's barely a show since it intro song proudly proclaims that "it's not an anime."
>>
>>13730724
>the first time he got in it despite not having had much MS experience

You are describing practically every Gundam MC ever.
>>
>>13731129
Not really. Kamille had experience with junior MS, Bernie and Christina were trained pilots, Kou was a (low ranking? student?) pilot, Uso had a MS simulator, the Wing boys were trained, Garrod had hands on experience, Loran was trained, Shinn was an enlisted pilot, Setsuna was trained, Flit had working knowledge, Asemu had junior MS experience, Kio had a simulator, and Bellri was in training.
>>
>>13731147
Kou was a test pilot, meaning not only was he proficient at piloting, he was deemed good enough to work at a testing base.
>>
>>13730693
>ZZ is the black sheep of the early UC series
But that's why it's good
>>
>>13731179
>People think that being shit is good
neo-/m/ ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>13730740
Yes it does, the only reason Bright seems more lax is because of everyone out side of Katz is learning to do their job properly. If people aren't acting like retards Bright doesn't need to start slapping bitches. Also don't forget that Katz then gets dumped onto Henkin so Bright doesn't have to deal with him.

If Bright didn't get character assassinated, he'd have beat some sense and respect into Jewdough in the first few episodes. Instead he lets him run amok and even let's Jewdough punch him out. You cannot make a rational excuse.
>>
>>13731191
Nigga are you dumb? UC Gundam is schlock, which is why being the odd one out is good
>>
>>13731213
neo-/m/ ladies and gentlemen.
>>
>>13731216
>taking bait that weak seriously
I could just write what you wrote over again but I won't bother.
>>
>>13731129
And they were Newtypes.

Bright cottoned onto this and exploited it.
>>
In Unicorn Bright's entire role is literally to just go "You look like a Gundam Protagonist. You're probably on the up-and-up, so I will drop everything to support you."

He knows the score.
>>
>>13731202
Kamille going veggie tales killed Bright inside, anon. He didn't have the energy to deal with Judau. He didn't even manage to raise his own son half-decently.
>>
File: brightZZ1.png (31KB, 1327x149px) Image search: [Google]
brightZZ1.png
31KB, 1327x149px
>>13729801
>>
>>13731246
Did Hathaway face punishment for what he did?
Because I find the mental image of Bright looking tired and talking to his son behind bars hilarious.
>>
File: brightZZ2.png (74KB, 1333x350px) Image search: [Google]
brightZZ2.png
74KB, 1333x350px
>>
>>13731283
>>13731280
You are one lazy nigger, not even going to bother reading the second image because you can't be assed to combine fucking text in an image.

Bright was still out of character in ZZ.
>>
>>13731304
>Bright was still out of character in ZZ.
Kek, so you did read the second image.
>>
>>13729801
Bright saw that this was the third time some Newtype kid hijacks a Gundam and does some crazy shit with it and realized Judau was the main character, protected by plot armor. After that, he just went "fuck it, I know how this is going to go."
>>
>>13730693
What is Funnels?
>>
Perhaps he had other things on his mind that he couldn't be bothered about insubordination, like dwindling supplies, next steps to take, refuge from Zeon pursuers, Feds doing fuck all about Neo Zeon, regret about Kamille, etc.
>>
>>13731282
Boy he sure did.
>>
>>13731469
something introduced in 0079 and then to mobile suits in Zeta?
>>
>>13729801
Because Amuro and Kamille proved themselves capable and Bright saw that in Judau too.
>>
>>13731282
Bright killed his own son because the higher ups thought it would be funny.
>>
>>13733912
>We told Bright to kill his son
>And he actually did it the absolute madman
>>
>>13729801
He just stopped giving a shit.

Ultimately, not giving a shit ends up getting his son killed.
>>
He knew judau was a fucking legendary lad unlike amuro and kamille the crybabies
So he didnt need to slap him
>>
>>13734678
This.
Judau was actually a cool guy and Bright was just coming back from a battle where about his entire crew was killed.
>>
>>13730693
Is that why Char directly references Haman's failure in CCA?
>>
>>13729801
He knows these kids could wind up suffering the same fate as Kamille, or death. Being a hardass isn't going to guarantee their safety, and he wants to have a good relationship with them, beyond that of commander.

Somewhere there's a scene where Judau is back-talking Bright, and Bright just earnestly asks Judau, "Do you resent me?" I think he was worried the kids would die hating him, not realizing that he really cared about them.
>>
>>13733912
I laughed.
>>
File: 1452555672866.gif (2MB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
1452555672866.gif
2MB, 200x293px
>>13737424
He only referenced it as a failure. Which can be interpreted in many different ways. Seeing as she retreated at the end of A New Translation, her plans clearly ended in failure.

People continually underestimate just how well A New Translation and Char's Counter Attack sync up.
>>
He's already given up at this point
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.